Status
Not open for further replies.
A waiter would give Oliver his tea. Karin, meanwhile, would smile at those who approached her.

"Well, I'm glad everyone was able to make it! After all, I had to narrow down the guest list a bit. Ohohoho!" Karin threw her head back and laughed, and Sakura furrowed her brow.

"Uh...yeah."

Drosselmeyer would give a small chuckle, as well. "Why yes, I am from Germany, and Karin and I are related through a distant marriage between two of our relatives from many years ago. I just happened to be in Japan and decided to stop by to deliver some presents-completely unaware that a party was underway."

"Well, I'm certainly glad you're here, dear Drosselmeyer," Karin said with a smile. "I'm sure these presents of yours will be magnificent."

@Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi @Widowmaker @thatguyinthestore @Takumi

"Mhmm..." Despite Karin's reassurances and the stranger's explanation for his arrival and connection, it still seemed odd that neither she nor Sakura seemed to recognize him. A long-time rival of the heiress and an employee of hers should have at least heard some mention of him before now... "I'll keep an eye on him, don't worry," She whispered to Sakura behind a hand, focusing her hawk-like eyes upon the man. No way was she going to let any cute guys that might be at the party distract her from stopping a possible trouble-maker.
1t4tuw.jpg

"Wait... did you say presents?!" DedDeDe shouted, practically shoving Dosslemyer out of the was upon hearing the word so he could get a better look at his host.

hqdefault.jpg

"Aww ya shouldn't have, really! I'm so honored that you thought so much about me! What an honor this is! Christmas truly is a holiday about givin'!"

In truth, DeDeDe wasn't even half-way listening to what he said. All he did was hear the word "presents" and fill in the rest of the blanks himself.

@Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi @Alex Azure @Pretentious Pineapple
"Uh... not to burst your bubble, big guy, but the presents are probably only for members of the Kanzuki clan. Especially since he didn't supposedly know about this party..."

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Jeremi

gdmTv3W.png

"What in the great Celestial Plain is 'Ku-ri-su-ma-su'?"
The little figure peered at the strange words, painfully pronouncing a particularly foreign one. Making matters worse, he caught whiff of something that stung his nose, so Issun sniffed at the paper he had somehow received - screwing up his nose at the scent. It smelt like traditional medicine, the stuff he'd get from Sei'an City. Actually, almost the same smell that was lingering about the Emperor's palace after the whole issue with Blight was resolved, thanks to the heroic (and disgusting) adventures of the great Issun and his trusty pal Ammy.

He wasn't one to accept random invitations, especially to a place he had never heard of, but he did know what a party was. It had been a while since anything exciting had happened ever since Ammy left.

Besides, he also knew what was always at every party.

Busty babes.

And where busty babes are, Issun follows.

@Pretentious Pineapple @Alex Azure @THEOKAMICREW @anybody

A waiter would give Oliver his tea. Karin, meanwhile, would smile at those who approached her.

"Well, I'm glad everyone was able to make it! After all, I had to narrow down the guest list a bit. Ohohoho!" Karin threw her head back and laughed, and Sakura furrowed her brow.

"Uh...yeah."

Drosselmeyer would give a small chuckle, as well. "Why yes, I am from Germany, and Karin and I are related through a distant marriage between two of our relatives from many years ago. I just happened to be in Japan and decided to stop by to deliver some presents-completely unaware that a party was underway."

"Well, I'm certainly glad you're here, dear Drosselmeyer," Karin said with a smile. "I'm sure these presents of yours will be magnificent."

spawn-coverjpg.bmp3

Spawn would approach Karin quietly, looking over at the others while looking around.

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Anyone else

"Uh...yeah."

Oliver-vocaloid-oliver-39247720-300-277.jpg

"Thank you, sir." Oliver hummed happily towards the butler upon receiving his tea.

1t4tuw.jpg

"Wait... did you say presents?!" DedDeDe shouted, practically shoving Dosslemyer out of the was upon hearing the word so he could get a better look at his host.

hqdefault.jpg

"Aww ya shouldn't have, really! I'm so honored that you thought so much about me! What an honor this is! Christmas truly is a holiday about givin'!"

In truth, DeDeDe wasn't even half-way listening to what he said. All he did was hear the word "presents" and fill in the rest of the blanks himself.

@Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi @Alex Azure @Pretentious Pineapple

Oliver gave DeDeDe a displeased look at how the penguin pushed people.

tumblr_inline_n99v9ouaZu1qhggfh.jpg

"I'm pretty sure Mr. Drosselmeyer meant he got presents for our hostess, Miss Karin. That was mean of you to push him though, you should say sorry." Oliver spoke in a more direct and almost blunt tone, lightly scolding DeDeDe followed by a sip of his tea.

"Mhmm..." Despite Karin's reassurances and the stranger's explanation for his arrival and connection, it still seemed odd that neither she nor Sakura seemed to recognize him. A long-time rival of the heiress and an employee of hers should have at least heard some mention of him before now... "I'll keep an eye on him, don't worry," She whispered to Sakura behind a hand, focusing her hawk-like eyes upon the man. No way was she going to let any cute guys that might be at the party distract her from stopping a possible trouble-maker.

"Uh... not to burst your bubble, big guy, but the presents are probably only for members of the Kanzuki clan. Especially since he didn't supposedly know about this party..."

"There's what this lady said too." Oliver added in agreement while motioning to Ibuki on the matter.

@Yun Lee @Minerva @thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @dark @everyone

"Well what's the point of a Christmas party if I ain't gettin' no presents? I bet that they have all my presents waitin' in that there other room!"
Oliver-vocaloid-oliver-39247720-300-277.jpg

"Thank you, sir." Oliver hummed happily towards the butler upon receiving his tea.

Oliver gave DeDeDe a displeased look at how the penguin pushed people.

tumblr_inline_n99v9ouaZu1qhggfh.jpg

"I'm pretty sure Mr. Drosselmeyer meant he got presents for our hostess, Miss Karin. That was mean of you to push him though, you should say sorry." Oliver spoke in a more direct and almost blunt tone, lightly scolding DeDeDe followed by a sip of his tea.

"There's what this lady said too." Oliver added in agreement while motioning to Ibuki on the matter.

@Yun Lee @Minerva @thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @dark @everyone
"Apologize fah what?! That man was in my way, so I pushed him! If anythin', he should be apologizin' tah me fah standin' in my way!"

@Khan of the Mardu @Takumi @Yun Lee @Jeremi

"Well what's the point of a Christmas party if I ain't gettin' no presents? I bet that they have all my presents waitin' in that there other room!"

"Apologize fah what?! That man was in my way, so I pushed him! If anythin', he should be apologizin' tah me fah standin' in my way!"

"Or you could have just gone around him, jerk. Man, for a guy who cares only about presents, you're really trying to get a sack full of coal..." Ibuki spoke up with a judging scowl shot the king's way, unafraid of his stature or boisterous personality.

@thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Yun Lee @Jeremi

"Or you could have just gone around him, jerk. Man, for a guy who cares only about presents, you're really trying to get a sack full of coal..." Ibuki spoke up with a judging scowl shot the king's way, unafraid of his stature or boisterous personality.

"I ain't bein' no jerk! It's called bein' assertive! If I don't assert my place as king, then people are gonna try and walk all ovah me! And no one walks all ovah King DeDeDe!"

"King of the jerks, because only a jerk would think like that when they're at a party of friends and good people."

@Takumi @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Jeremi

Oliver nodded at this. He liked this lady, that was for sure.

"Even in most of the stories I've heard, Kings don't do the things that jerks would do." he added.

"It's called bein' protective of my status, honey. If I look weak here, I make the entirety of Dreamland look weak. Now, maybe if some people here were a bit more respectful to royalty, we'd all have a nicer time."

Oliver gave DeDeDe a confused look.

"You just look mean and disrespectful, isn't there a saying that humans use about treating others how you want to be treated?" he pondered.

@Yun Lee @Minerva @thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi

"Even in most of the stories I've heard, Kings don't do the things that jerks would do." he added.

"You just look mean and disrespectful, isn't there a saying that humans use about treating others how you want to be treated?" he pondered.

"I do not look mean nor do I look disrespectful! In fact, I'd say that I'm the nicest king around! Some people just don't know how to show respect to royalty, is all!"

@Takumi @Khan of the Mardu @Yun Lee @Jeremi

gdmTv3W.png

"What in the great Celestial Plain is 'Ku-ri-su-ma-su'?"
The little figure peered at the strange words, painfully pronouncing a particularly foreign one. Making matters worse, he caught whiff of something that stung his nose, so Issun sniffed at the paper he had somehow received - screwing up his nose at the scent. It smelt like traditional medicine, the stuff he'd get from Sei'an City. Actually, almost the same smell that was lingering about the Emperor's palace after the whole issue with Blight was resolved, thanks to the heroic (and disgusting) adventures of the great Issun and his trusty pal Ammy.

He wasn't one to accept random invitations, especially to a place he had never heard of, but he did know what a party was. It had been a while since anything exciting had happened ever since Ammy left.

Besides, he also knew what was always at every party.

Busty babes.

And where busty babes are, Issun follows.

@Pretentious Pineapple @Alex Azure @THEOKAMICREW @anybody

Chibiterasu noticed a tiny little bug hopping around. With all these adults who were much bigger around him, it was exciting to see something closer to his size. There weren't many living things in the Celestial Plane that were smaller than him.

The blue penguin and many of the other grown ups were all talking about "presents" and "Christmas" and other things that Chibi didn't understand. Since he didn't have much to do and his mother appeared to be in a less positive mood, he took the bouncing bug as something he could investigate.

He stole away from the safety of bis mother's side and went to examine the bug. On further inspection, he found that it was not a bug. Rather, it was a very tiny man! Chibi waved hello to the tiny man and bowed politely.

@Pretentious Pineapple @Sen @Anyone​

"I do not look mean nor do I look disrespectful! In fact, I'd say that I'm the nicest king around! Some people just don't know how to show respect to royalty, is all!"

Ibuki casually leaned over to whisper to Oliver with a exasperated expression, "Sounds like his kingdom's a bit turned around on what nice is, and he isn't going to change it... maybe we should just enjoy the party instead? Oh, I'm Ibuki by the way."

latest

"Hey! What are y'all whisperin' ovah there!! It bettah not be about me!!!"

@Khan of the Mardu @Takumk @Yun Lee @Jeremi
Quick to save face, knowing that the enormous king might become enraged, Ibuki waved off his concerns with a sheepish expession, "Oh no, your immense majesty, I didn't say anything like that! I was just telling my friend that I was getting hungry and asking if he wanted to grab something from the buffet, at least if you don't mind us leaving your presence!"

Quick to save face, knowing that the enormous king might become enraged, Ibuki waved off his concerns with a sheepish expession, "Oh no, your immense majesty, I didn't say anything like that! I was just telling my friend that I was getting hungry and asking if he wanted to grab something from the buffet, at least if you don't mind us leaving your presence!"

"Well... alright. But I'm hungry too, so I think I'll accompany you both." DeDeDe insisted, not leaving much room for protest.

At least he seemed to have calmed down a bit.

"Um, Mister King, it's still mean to push others?" Oliver countered, still a bit confused.

The android finished his tea by then.

latest

"Hey! What are y'all whisperin' ovah there!! It bettah not be about me!!!"

@Khan of the Mardu @Takumk @Yun Lee @Jeremi

Ibuki casually leaned over to whisper to Oliver with a exasperated expression, "Sounds like his kingdom's a bit turned around on what nice is, and he isn't going to change it... maybe we should just enjoy the party instead? Oh, I'm Ibuki by the way."

Oliver snickered and nodded in agreement.

"Hello Miss Ibuki! I'm Oliver, and my friend over there is Luka." he greeted, pointing out his fellow Vocaloid in the process.

"Well... alright. But I'm hungry too, so I think I'll accompany you both." DeDeDe insisted, not leaving much room for protest.

oliver_icon_by_linkinstarshadow-d8u9cgf.jpg

"Mister King, what kind of bird are you? If you don't mind me asking." Oliver pondered, rocking onto his heels momentarily. He didn't bother calling DeDeDe 'your majesty' or anything like that because, well, he simply didn't want to, and merely asked the question to change the subject more than out of his own childish curiosity.

Last edited:
"Will you all PLEASE stop this senseless bickering?" Karin looked at the troublemakers with disdain. "I am not above rescinding invitations from anyone who causes disruptions!" Her warning given, Karin turned to Spawn. "Yes, sir? How may I help you?"

Sakura would mouth a "Thank you!" to Ibuki, and wince as Karin reprimanded them. "H-Hey, I'll go with you guys too!" Sakura would put her arm around Ibuki's, giving a slight squeeze as if to say, "We need to talk."

Drosselmeyer would laugh once again. "Why, these presents are for everyone, my avian friend! In just a bit, I can show you."

@thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @Takumi @dark

"Um, Mister King, it's still mean to push others?" Oliver countered, still a bit confused.

The android finished his tea by then.

Oliver snickered and nodded in agreement.

"Hello Miss Ibuki! I'm Oliver, and my friend over there is Luka." he greeted, pointing out his fellow Vocaloid in the process.

oliver_icon_by_linkinstarshadow-d8u9cgf.jpg

"Mister King, what kind of bird are you? If you don't mind me asking." Oliver pondered, rocking onto his heels momentarily. He didn't bother calling DeDeDe 'your majesty' or anything like that because, well, he simply didn't want to, and merely asked the question to change the subject more than out of his own childish curiosity.

"Dangit..." Ibuki couldn't help but mutter under her breath as Dedede forced himself upon them once again. While Oliver's question might get his attention off of her, the shinobi had a feeling it would only cause greater outrage from the strange king.

"Will you all PLEASE stop this senseless bickering?" Karin looked at the troublemakers with disdain. "I am not above rescinding invitations from anyone who causes disruptions!" Her warning given, Karin turned to Spawn. "Yes, sir? How may I help you?"

Sakura would mouth a "Thank you!" to Ibuki, and wince as Karin reprimanded them. "H-Hey, I'll go with you guys too!" Sakura would put her arm around Ibuki's, giving a slight squeeze as if to say, "We need to talk."

Drosselmeyer would laugh once again. "Why, these presents are for everyone, my avian friend! In just a bit, I can show you."

@thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu @Takumi @dark
Oh thank you, merciful Buddha, for providing me this escape! Ibuki mentally cheered as she nodded to Sakura, understanding the signal well. "We'll be back in a minute, need some private girl talk," Without waiting another moment to give Dedede the chance to reply or for Oliver to follow, she began to guide her old friend through the crowd and away from it, to one of the many deserted hallways that filled the building they had been invited to relax and party in. She noted the old man's admission that the gifts were for everyone with a hint of curiosity and suspicion, yet didn't make a comment - no point in drawing Karin's ire their way again or anyone's eyes to their departing forms.

Once they were away from the crowd, a quick uncurling of their arms allowed the two of them to separate and face each other. An expression of concern came to the kunoichi's visage as she spoke, "I've never seen that guy before in my life... plus a lot of these people seem really strange for the company Karin usually keeps."

@Takumi @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Yun Lee

Without so much as an ounce of hesitation in the mind of Sayori, a plucky, pink-haired high school girl, the invitation for the christmas party she received was gratefully accepted. Upon arriving to the location of his Christmas party, Sayori squealed and clenched her fists happily, swaying where she stood out of sheer excitement.
dzN7uG6.png

"Uwaaaa~! This place is sooooo beautiful! This party is going to be so much fun! I can't wait to make some new friends and have some Christmas fun! I only wish my best friend could be here to see this. Oh weeeell. Ah ha ha ha." With more excitement than her facial expression could contain, Sayori skipped off in the direction of the place she considered to be the most important one. "To the dining hall! Yaaay!" As always, the girl couldn't wait to grab a bite to eat, and hopefully it could be something sweet.

To balance out the excitement in the room emanating from Sayori, a nearby Christmas scrooge could be found nearby. Joshua Kiryu, a grumpy fellow at the moment, seemed to recall another invitation to a similar party he had gone to on Valentines Day and he wasn't happy. Why had he even bothered to come to this party? Well, it wasn't as if he had anything else better to be doing and... maybe he did have a reason why he had come that he hadn't let on about yet. With a sigh, he stood near the christmas tree--watching it with little interest.

8Lwd6lF.jpg

"I don't think I'll ever fully understand why christmas is such a big deal," he mumbled to himself, poking at an ornament on the tree with his index finger. "Humans come up with any excuse to party and give gifts to one another." When he had been a human, christmas hadn't been a huge deal in Japan and, even if it had been, Joshua's family would've been too busy treating him like he was crazy to let him him enjoy any holiday fun.

@Pretentious Pineapple @Whoever : 3​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back