Status
Not open for further replies.
rsz_a1_by_teh_zombish_d9d7nxx_by_teh_zombish-dbjqjue.jpg

"...Mmrgh,"
the Glader groaned unhappily, fixing Joshua with a less than pleased look. "He might have 'started it', but you didn't need to fuel the fire," she pointed out, satisfied her own logic was still above his own. Even though she personally felt the oversized bird was a pot roast waiting to happen with how he treated Joshua. Not that she intended to voice that sentiment aloud, for it would undoubtedly lead to her Composer feeling validated. "Besides, it was pretty obvious that you weren't going to be the one to finish it. Still, he's lucky he walked out when he did..."

Seeming to dismiss her own unhappy feelings, Teresa only raised a brow as Joshua continued to fiddle with his tie, mildly amused by the display. By the time he gave up, a full-fledged smirk was on her face, and a light laugh parted her lips as he surrendered. "Here, give me that," Teresa remarked with an eye roll, snatching the tie from her boss's hands without a second thought. "Stay still." Without waiting for a response, leaving no room for objection, she carefully moved to set it around his neck, deep blue eyes gazing at the fabric intently as nimble fingers carefully set to work. In a minute or so, the tie was, well, tied. At which point, she casually smoothed it down, glancing the male over before nodding approvingly. "...There," she hummed, glancing up to meet his eyes with a faint smile. "Now you don't have to whine. Don't worry, if the big bad tie comes to life and tries to strangle you, I'll save you," came the inevitable tease in addition, just moments before she realized she had been staring into his amethyst eyes for a bit of time now. And she hadn't stepped back yet.

"..."

Hurriedly stepping away and smoothing her dress out of a need to occupy herself, she glanced anywhere but at the angel, hoping to cover for that slightly awkward moment. Fortunately, some child came to the rescue, and she managed a smile in the boy's direction. "Oh, uh, yeah. What about you, kid? And don't worry about the bird-brain, I doubt he'll be back--" And the boy was leaving right along with Macy. Whelp. Shaking her head with a sigh, the female wound up glancing back to her boss as he questioned her, a few surprised blinks following. But an indifferent expression followed suit, and she glanced away with a neutral shrug of her shoulders.

"I dunno, not sure 'like' is really the right word. I actually... Haven't celebrated before,"
she admitted, but quickly scrambled to add further note. "And before you start lookin' at me like I'm crazy, I didn't exactly have a chance to do the whole celebration thing over anything, you know? It isn't like WICKED made a habit of throwing parties for their little lab rats, and snow was out of the question," she stated almost defensively. "...I mean, I know about the holidays and all, and that they used to be celebrated. But I guess when the world's dead, being alive is the only thing you really get to celebrate. And, well..." She didn't finish the sentence, gaze fixated on the floor. She hadn't even had that, as Joshua was aware. Though, in truth, it wasn't something she was hung up on. Things... were better, now. Since her death.

Never something she would have thought she'd say.

Fortunately for the pair of less than normal teen-looking reapers, they were magically beckoned over to some dude giving gifts. Which, even not feeling suspicious as she magically was made to be, she felt less than eager about. She didn't really feel like receiving gifts, even nice as the gesture was. Still... "Uhh, I'll vote Macy, I guess?" She woulda voted Joshua, but she couldn't have him thinking she liked him. Or liking these other people who weren't her too much.

@Neko Shogun @Alex Azure @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee
HPZk31V.jpg

"C'mon, Teresa, can't I at least have a little fun here at this party? I can never resist putting a little fuel on the fire, especially when I'm not the one who started the mischief. It makes it easier to put the blame on someone else, hee hee." He paused, the male's typical sneaky grin spreading over his lips. "I don't know, there's a chance I might have finished it. I was going to let him punch me. If he angered me enough, well, who knows what I would've felt inclined to do. Those who rightfully deserve punishment from me will receive it."

It was probably clear to Teresa by now, due to all the time she had spent around her Composer, that the angel got a rise out of punishing others and making them squirm like a helpless bug beneath his foot. Toying with others gave him some sort of sadistic high, and he his behavior had honestly been worse before meeting Teresa. It could've stemmed from when he was a human and had felt rather helpless, but it was honestly difficult to tell why exactly this was. The only apparent thing was that Teresa had managed to calm down this behavior at least a little bit.

The Composer's confidence suddenly wavered a bit, and suddenly he tensed every muscle in his body when Teresa offered to help him fix his tie herself. He watched her hands work, but was more focused on himself instead of Teresa. His heart had started to race, and he hoped that his Conductor couldn't hear it. Every thought in his head had seemed to drift away, other than worrying about his heart, until the moment Teresa had finished tying his tie. "How... do you know how to do that?" He glanced down at his tie, quietly wondering to himself if maybe he had asked her to tie his tie in the past and he just couldn't remember.

"In any case, I suppose it's good to know you'll have my back if my tie magically comes to life and tries to kill me. I suppose that is something I should be watching out for. Thanks for the heads up," Josh teased, cut off when he would realize Teresa had been looking into eyes. Great. Now his heart was racing again. He was relieved, however, when a momentary distraction from someone else would draw away Teresa's attention before she would reply to him again.

"Interesting," Joshua would remark after hearing Teresa's opinion on christmas. "This isn't something you hear from me often, but... I actually understand. I don't really celebrate Christmas." He cleared his throat. "Since you're not used to it, how do you feel about celebrating Christmas and... gift giving?" Josh questioned, as if digging for information. "Let's say... someone you know gives you a gift? How would you feel about that?" he wondered, averting his gaze after a moment.

@Pretentious Pineapple @Whoever​

"Have I offended your patron in some way?" Hecate asked Issun. "Is it because I am the Goddess of the Moon? I can assure you that I am not out to steal your followers..." She smirked. "I much prefer that they come to me willingly." The truth of the matter was that Hecate had not come here to cause any mischief or chaos of any kind, but she wasn't someone to just sit by when she was getting the evil eye from someone. That was part of her repertoire after all.

Elena meanwhile bowed back towards Ammy. "It's very exciting to meet all of! I didn't expect actual gods among the party goers!"

@Sen @Alex Azure @Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah @Pretentious Pineapple
bltV0DT.png

He suddenly found himself being pulled away by the cape by Ammy, making the Envoy stumble backwards. He pouted at her, not understanding what the fuss was all about. Normally she was quite friendly with meeting other gods. At least that was the case with the Celestials and the gods that served her. "Hey! What's the big deal?" he asked, his frown not disappearing. "She has a spell to make me bigger! You know the Lucky Mallet doesn't work."

No matter how hard they had tried to shake the thing, it could only shrink them and then return them back to their normal size. It never showed any capability to make him human-sized, much to his disappointment.

aP9yohG.png

"Don't tell me... you aren't jealous, are you, fleabag?"
Issun's frown split into a wide grin.

"Don't worry, Ammy, I'll paint the new you like one of my Nippon girls."

kSuhdsD.png

"Well, our god of the moon tried to smack us with a hammer when we revived it."
He winked at Hecate. "Definitely gonna come see you for that spell later before the party ends though. I'll paint you in return. I assure you my paintings are of the finest quality, babe."
Silora fell silent while she gleaned bits and pieces of info from the conversation at hand, and the gears in her head quickly began to turn. "So you are...!" she whispered breathlessly, and immediately averted her gaze as she fell to one knee and into a deep bow. "My sincerest apologies for staring, goddess, I was unaware-," the venerable night elf stuttered and her nostrils flared as she was overrun with emotion at the revelation, "my sisters of the faith named me nigh heretical for believing you exist. I meant no disrespect," Silora pleaded as though she had just committed a most heinous act against Amaterasu.

@Pretentious Pineapple

@Sen @Alex Azure @Jeremi
39_by_teh_zombish-dbx2fxd.jpg

"..."

Yup. Any appreciative air she had shown towards Elena evaporated, a colder air about the god as she fixed Hecate with an unforgiving glower. No, her issue was not with the matter that the woman suggested; she was not perturbed by the fact she was a follower of the moon. Rather, she took issue a number of other things. The claims of godhood, for one; there was already a moon god, and clearly this woman did not even remotely resemble Yumigami. More than being a self-proclaimed god of something already run by another, she was mocking Amaterasu, and even swaying her most loyal follower with.... with..... Racks. A completely low and disgusting endeavor. As such, the wariness, tensity and displeasure were only natural. The comment about taking followers away of their own will was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Were this all not bad enough on its own, Issun simply couldn't resist fueling the flames, it seemed. No effort was made to hide the scoff that came with his words, and she likely would have rolled her eyes were they not so focused on Hecate, the intensity of a thousand burning suns within their emerald depths. She didn't know what painting her like his Nippon girls meant, but she had a feeling it probably meant something dirty. It was Issun, after all.

Whatever it meant, it didn't stop her from tightening her grasp on his cape, clearly intent that he stay away from Hecate. The woman was clearly trouble, and Amaterasu would not allow the less equipped male to fall into whatever trap this clearly heinous woman had set. While she was a god, and currently possessed a human form, she was at heart a woman heading a pack. And Issun had worked his way to a dear position to her, and thus she would protect him as she would any of the other gods, or even Waka or her own son. He would simply have to deal with such.

...Besides. He didn't need silly magic to be 'normal sized'. Smol boi was cyoot and fun sized.

Little opportunity was had for her to linger on her almost effortless tugging of Issun's cape to hold him in place- by her, away from Hecate -, for another spoke to the origin of all that was good, one who finally managed to break her gaze away from the false deity with which she was eyeing warily. At first, confusion dusted her face as she peered at Silora, but recognition was quick to befall her. Yet again, her gaze softened, kindness lighting her previously abrasive green orbs. Slowly, she allowed the wandering artist's cape to slip from her grasp, her hand instead moving to tenderly place itself upon the elf's shoulder in a manner reassuring. It was a simple gesture, but certainly enough to convey both appreciation and that there was no need for such displays. The burst of appreciation, between both Silora and Elena's, was enough to induce a faint glow from the maiden's body, a content hum parting her lips as a result.

@Sen @Alex Azure @Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah

"Well Momoka, you're the one who made more friends here. I'll leave the votes to you," Producer says.

DifFSel.jpg

"If that is so, then I will select Sayori-chama~," Momoka declares, "nothing like a little present to boost a madamoiselle's confidence."

@Yun Lee @Neko Shogun

Macy tallied the votes that she heard so far in her head. "Five votes, and all for different people! I really wonder who is gonna win..."

"How about we chat while we wait for more votes? Momoka, you're an idol, right? What all does it take to be an idol?"

@Crow @Neko Shogun

"You can still be proud of your art! Just.. maybe... stop treating women as just a bust on legs..."

Macy's patience was beginning to run out with the Poncle. One more comment about busty babes and she might do something un-ladylike.

"You seem to be making friends now, Issun. I think I'm going to continue making friends elsewhere. Have a good time, and remember to vote for someone to get the mystery present. If yiu can't think of anyone else, I'd be grateful if you voted for me."

Macy returned to her conversation with Sayori.

@Sen @Pretentious Pineapple @Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah

"I'd be happy to come visit your school some day! Maybe after the Christmas party I can hop over to your world and we can hang out. It will be fun!"

@Neko Shogun @Widowmaker @Takumi @Crow @Minerva @Pretentious Pineapple
"Well Momoka, you're the one who made more friends here. I'll leave the votes to you," Producer says.

DifFSel.jpg

"If that is so, then I will select Sayori-chama~," Momoka declares, "nothing like a little present to boost a madamoiselle's confidence."

@Yun Lee @Neko Shogun
Sayori's blue eyes sparked with joy.

"Aw, I would absolutely love to hang--"

7nUzDuf.png

"..."

Why is my heart suddenly pounding?

After a moment of silence, Sayori suddenly blinked.

"Eh!? Sorry! I spaced out for a minute. Ah ha ha. Anyhow, I'd LOVE to han-- I mean, spend time with you! I'm sure we can find all kinds of fun things to do together! You could even come to my club! Do you like any poems? My friends and I love to write poems!"

A bright aura seemed to emanate around Sayori when Momoka would vote for her to receive the present. "EEEK, you're so awesome! I can't believe you voted for me! Thank you so much!" Sayori exclaimed, hopping behind Momoka and wrapping her arms around the girl to give her a hug from the back. "I'm not sure if the present should be wasted on someone like me, but I really appreciate the thought! You're really kind!"

@Crow @Alex Azure @Anyone​

Macy tallied the votes that she heard so far in her head. "Five votes, and all for different people! I really wonder who is gonna win..."

"How about we chat while we wait for more votes? Momoka, you're an idol, right? What all does it take to be an idol?"

@Crow @Neko Shogun

7nUzDuf.png

"..."

"Eh!? Sorry! I spaced out for a minute. Ah ha ha. Anyhow, I'd LOVE to han-- I mean, spend time with you! I'm sure we can find all kinds of fun things to do together! You could even come to my club! Do you like any poems? My friends and I love to write poems!"

A bright aura seemed to emanate around Sayori when Momoka would vote for her to receive the present. "EEEK, you're so awesome! I can't believe you voted for me! Thank you so much!" Sayori exclaimed, hopping behind Momoka and wrapping her arms around the girl to give her a hug from the back. "I'm not sure if the present should be wasted on someone like me, but I really appreciate the thought! You're really kind!"

"Rehearsals, practice and dedication, for a simplification. It's always difficult at the first few steps. There's also your colleagues in units, if you find going solo lonely," Momoka explains. "Every idol and unit has a different way of beings idols, even without taking into account aesthetic motif and music genre."

"There you go again, Sayori-chama," Momoka smiles, "you should think of yourself a little highly, have a little more faith in yourself."

@Alex Azure @Neko Shogun

Instead, Ciel turned to Plutia and sighed. "I'd explain, though Ms. Macy summed it up quite nicely." Ciel stated before turning to Teresa, who he just realized that he'd never answered her question.

"I'd say that the party is going quite well, aside from that so-called 'spar' earlier. I don't believe I caught your name." Ciel said, hoping to form as many alliances as possible here. In truth, he could simply call upon Sebastian to deal with any threats, but he and the other butlers was... preoccupied, to say the least.​
HPZk31V.jpg

"C'mon, Teresa, can't I at least have a little fun here at this party? I can never resist putting a little fuel on the fire, especially when I'm not the one who started the mischief. It makes it easier to put the blame on someone else, hee hee." He paused, the male's typical sneaky grin spreading over his lips. "I don't know, there's a chance I might have finished it. I was going to let him punch me. If he angered me enough, well, who knows what I would've felt inclined to do. Those who rightfully deserve punishment from me will receive it."

It was probably clear to Teresa by now, due to all the time she had spent around her Composer, that the angel got a rise out of punishing others and making them squirm like a helpless bug beneath his foot. Toying with others gave him some sort of sadistic high, and he his behavior had honestly been worse before meeting Teresa. It could've stemmed from when he was a human and had felt rather helpless, but it was honestly difficult to tell why exactly this was. The only apparent thing was that Teresa had managed to calm down this behavior at least a little bit.

The Composer's confidence suddenly wavered a bit, and suddenly he tensed every muscle in his body when Teresa offered to help him fix his tie herself. He watched her hands work, but was more focused on himself instead of Teresa. His heart had started to race, and he hoped that his Conductor couldn't hear it. Every thought in his head had seemed to drift away, other than worrying about his heart, until the moment Teresa had finished tying his tie. "How... do you know how to do that?" He glanced down at his tie, quietly wondering to himself if maybe he had asked her to tie his tie in the past and he just couldn't remember.

"In any case, I suppose it's good to know you'll have my back if my tie magically comes to life and tries to kill me. I suppose that is something I should be watching out for. Thanks for the heads up," Josh teased, cut off when he would realize Teresa had been looking into eyes. Great. Now his heart was racing again. He was relieved, however, when a momentary distraction from someone else would draw away Teresa's attention before she would reply to him again.

"Interesting," Joshua would remark after hearing Teresa's opinion on christmas. "This isn't something you hear from me often, but... I actually understand. I don't really celebrate Christmas." He cleared his throat. "Since you're not used to it, how do you feel about celebrating Christmas and... gift giving?" Josh questioned, as if digging for information. "Let's say... someone you know gives you a gift? How would you feel about that?" he wondered, averting his gaze after a moment.

@Pretentious Pineapple @Whoever​
4_by_teh_zombish-d9e689q.jpg

"Like you'd get the chance,"
she remarked in regards to his comment about punishing DeDeDe, her eyes rolling. That honor would have been hers. "And oh, don't be an ass. We both know you wouldn't take the blame either way," Teresa half-groaned, though she was primarily teasing the male more than anything else. "And why does it seem like your idea of fun is driving everyone else insane? You could try, I don't know... Just spending time with someone and talking, or something." Okay. Not a great example. But really, she had no idea how normal people had fun, either. But in her defense, her world was completely destroyed when she was around three. It wasn't exactly of her own volition that she opted to never learn a good sense of fun or relaxation, save for causing mischief for the WICKED workers that captivated her--

...Oh.

Well. That was awkward. Maybe she didn't really have room to chastise, after all. Even so, she pretended that wasn't the case, averting her gaze awkwardly as that realization hit her like a freight train. Oh well, maybe he wouldn't say anything. Besides, she could just play it off by replying to the rest. Which, for the moment, happened to entail a shrug. "I don't know. I guess it just seemed pretty obvious what needed to be done with it. Even though tying rope is a little more my style," she answered simply. She couldn't immediately recall tying ties for anyone, but whatever.

"Anytime,"
she assured, turning to grin at him once again. "I don't think it's in my job description, but I think I can handle it." Man. How long had they even been here? She was already losing track of time between their admittedly pointless banter and continuously getting lost in those stupid eyes of his, along with frustration regarding his careless attitude regarding his own health. At least there were others to distract her as well, though, like the kinda cute kid with the eye patch. It was nice, to her, seeing a child who was not in a situation akin to hers, fighting against the claws of despair and death.

"Glad to hear," she mused to Ciel, offering up a smile. Her hands tried to shove themselves into her pockets, but... she had none. So she pretended she was just adjusting her dress. "Oh, and it's Teresa. Agnes. Mind sharing yours?" she offered, tilting her head at him with eyes encouraging and curious. But yet again she was distracted, she glancing to Joshua with visible confusion as he spoke to her again.

"...Huh?" she muttered, eyebrows furrowing. "Uh, I mean, I think it's nice? Giving gifts and all, I mean. It's sweet that people go out of their ways to give, y'know? But I don't think I need any gifts. I've already got it pretty d--" Uh. A glance was spared fleetingly at Ciel and other present children. "...Pretty good. I don't really have anything else to ask for."

"...But what about you?"

@Neko Shogun @thatguyinthestore

"..."

Yup. Any appreciative air she had shown towards Elena evaporated, a colder air about the god as she fixed Hecate with an unforgiving glower. No, her issue was not with the matter that the woman suggested; she was not perturbed by the fact she was a follower of the moon. Rather, she took issue a number of other things. The claims of godhood, for one; there was already a moon god, and clearly this woman did not even remotely resemble Yumigami. More than being a self-proclaimed god of something already run by another, she was mocking Amaterasu, and even swaying her most loyal follower with.... with..... Racks. A completely low and disgusting endeavor. As such, the wariness, tensity and displeasure were only natural. The comment about taking followers away of their own will was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Were this all not bad enough on its own, Issun simply couldn't resist fueling the flames, it seemed. No effort was made to hide the scoff that came with his words, and she likely would have rolled her eyes were they not so focused on Hecate, the intensity of a thousand burning suns within their emerald depths. She didn't know what painting her like his Nippon girls meant, but she had a feeling it probably meant something dirty. It was Issun, after all.

Whatever it meant, it didn't stop her from tightening her grasp on his cape, clearly intent that he stay away from Hecate. The woman was clearly trouble, and Amaterasu would not allow the less equipped male to fall into whatever trap this clearly heinous woman had set. While she was a god, and currently possessed a human form, she was at heart a woman heading a pack. And Issun had worked his way to a dear position to her, and thus she would protect him as she would any of the other gods, or even Waka or her own son. He would simply have to deal with such.

...Besides. He didn't need silly magic to be 'normal sized'. Smol boi was cyoot and fun sized.

Little opportunity was had for her to linger on her almost effortless tugging of Issun's cape to hold him in place- by her, away from Hecate -, for another spoke to the origin of all that was good, one who finally managed to break her gaze away from the false deity with which she was eyeing warily. At first, confusion dusted her face as she peered at Silora, but recognition was quick to befall her. Yet again, her gaze softened, kindness lighting her previously abrasive green orbs. Slowly, she allowed the wandering artist's cape to slip from her grasp, her hand instead moving to tenderly place itself upon the elf's shoulder in a manner reassuring. It was a simple gesture, but certainly enough to convey both appreciation and that there was no need for such displays. The burst of appreciation, between both Silora and Elena's, was enough to induce a faint glow from the maiden's body, a content hum parting her lips as a result.

gpNS6SB.png

"I know what you're thinking, Ammy. You're thinking: 'Issun doesn't have to be human-sized! He's perfect the way he is!"
He sighed, "Man, the way gods think is so predictable. Let me tell you a story, Ammy. The sad tale of the great Issun. Ever since I was born I realised that Poncle girls just don't do it for me. I saw many things before we met, fleabag. Lots of things. Different sizes - amazing, I tell you. It's my muse, I painted so many beautiful pictures that perfectly portrayed their essence. Don't you remember my old painting of Sakuya?"

"You being a busty babe makes life easier, all you have to do is just jump a little and any guy will listen to you. But do you know..."

8OVEX0p.png

"How HARD it is to try and get the attention of anybody when you're only one inch tall? People can step on me at anytime! They call me a bug, a booger - I'm the great Issun for Amaterasu's sake!"

"I JUST WANT TO EXPERIENCE LIFE AT IT'S FULLEST. I'M MISSING OUT ON SO MUCH DINGDANGDO."

@Pretentious Pineapple @Alex Azure @Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah

7nUzDuf.png

"..."

"Poetry sounds wonderful! I'm personally a girl of music and songs. But what is a song except a poem put to music? We could even put all our talents together. Poetry for the words, music for the rhythm, and with Momoka we could have a cute idol to sing!"

"Rehearsals, practice and dedication, for a simplification. It's always difficult at the first few steps. There's also your colleagues in units, if you find going solo lonely," Momoka explains. "Every idol and unit has a different way of beings idols, even without taking into account aesthetic motif and music genre."

"There you go again, Sayori-chama," Momoka smiles, "you should think of yourself a little highly, have a little more faith in yourself."

@Alex Azure @Neko Shogun

"I bet I could be an idol if I were still a bit younger. I'm old enough to be in college, and most of Producer's idols seem to be in the preteen J-Pop aesthetic. I'm not sure how an older idol would work out."

"But Momoka-chan is right. Sayori-chan, you shpuld be confident in yourself. I'm sure you can accomplish ANYTHING you put your mind to."

@Crow @Neko Shogun

gpNS6SB.png

"I know what you're thinking, Ammy. You're thinking: 'Issun doesn't have to be human-sized! He's perfect the way he is!"
He sighed, "Man, the way gods think is so predictable. Let me tell you a story, Ammy. The sad tale of the great Issun. Ever since I was born I realised that Poncle girls just don't do it for me. I saw many things before we met, fleabag. Lots of things. Different sizes - amazing, I tell you. It's my muse, I painted so many beautiful pictures that perfectly portrayed their essence. Don't you remember my old painting of Sakuya?"

"You being a busty babe makes life easier, all you have to do is just jump a little and any guy will listen to you. But do you know..."

8OVEX0p.png

"How HARD it is to try and get the attention of anybody when you're only one inch tall? People can step on me at anytime! They call me a bug, a booger - I'm the great Issun for Amaterasu's sake!"

"I JUST WANT TO EXPERIENCE LIFE AT IT'S FULLEST. I'M MISSING OUT ON SO MUCH DINGDANGDO."

Chibiterasu wrapped his arms around Issun. He wasn't much for words, but his gesture was trying to tell Issun that his is noticed. Chibi is showing that he cares.

Chibi released the hug and quickly used his brush once more on the blank paper he took earlier. His Celestial Brush drew a picture of Issun's likeness next to that of a bug. He presented the image to Issun as his brush crossed out the bug and circled the portrait of Issun.

However, whether or not Chibi was a good enough artist to convey his message is up to subjective interpretation.

@Pretentious Pineapple @Sen

"..."

Silora's whole body tensed as she cringed in pain at Amaterasu's touch, but still she remained stone-faced and entirely respectful towards the goddess as she raised her head to finally meet Amaterasu's gaze. To those around, the goddess' aura was faint, but to Silora it was blinding. Her spectral sight was consumed by the brilliant colours of Amaterasu's divine form, and although Silora's fel-pocked figure was sensitive to blessed powers, the goddess' warmth was comforting nonetheless.

She steadily rose to meet Amaterasu eye-to-eye, but was briefly distracted by the scar that was left upon her bare shoulder. Unsurpisingly, it was perfectly shaped like the goddess' hand. Rolling her shoulders and shaking it off, Silora pressed a fist against her chest.
"Silora Moongrove, devout follower of Elune and An'she both - or rather, Amaterasu, if that's the name you favour?"

@Pretentious Pineapple @Alex Azure @Jeremi

gpNS6SB.png

8OVEX0p.png

Snapping around to look down at Issun, Silora paused in shock, before sputtering out "Did-...did the dwarf just call you a fleabag?"

@Sen

Will and Orion

Orion looked around for Chibi. He wanted to show the boy that he was closer to his age now. He wasn't one who often showed off his younger form, but it felt more comfortable and had less anxiety than the other form. He gently brushed his hair or rather the hair not in a hat. Though he had never figured out why his adult form didn't have the hat, his younger form and he was there. He walked over and saw the art. He liked it and smiled.

" Wow, that seems rather icey for being rude. I mean, putting you in this sort of sticky situation," Will said, addressing Sans. He paused, wondering who he should vote for. It was such a tough decision. He looked around for someone else to talk too.... but he never could not be awkward. He looked over and saw Macy. Maybe he could say hello to her. He walked over and was silent, trying to come up with a witty introduction.

@Alex Azure @Widowmaker @Pretentious Pineapple

she remarked in regards to his comment about punishing DeDeDe, her eyes rolling. That honor would have been hers. "And oh, don't be an ass. We both know you wouldn't take the blame either way," Teresa half-groaned, though she was primarily teasing the male more than anything else. "And why does it seem like your idea of fun is driving everyone else insane? You could try, I don't know... Just spending time with someone and talking, or something." Okay. Not a great example. But really, she had no idea how normal people had fun, either. But in her defense, her world was completely destroyed when she was around three. It wasn't exactly of her own volition that she opted to never learn a good sense of fun or relaxation, save for causing mischief for the WICKED workers that captivated her--

...Oh.

Well. That was awkward. Maybe she didn't really have room to chastise, after all. Even so, she pretended that wasn't the case, averting her gaze awkwardly as that realization hit her like a freight train. Oh well, maybe he wouldn't say anything. Besides, she could just play it off by replying to the rest. Which, for the moment, happened to entail a shrug. "I don't know. I guess it just seemed pretty obvious what needed to be done with it. Even though tying rope is a little more my style," she answered simply. She couldn't immediately recall tying ties for anyone, but whatever.

"Anytime,"
she assured, turning to grin at him once again. "I don't think it's in my job description, but I think I can handle it." Man. How long had they even been here? She was already losing track of time between their admittedly pointless banter and continuously getting lost in those stupid eyes of his, along with frustration regarding his careless attitude regarding his own health. At least there were others to distract her as well, though, like the kinda cute kid with the eye patch. It was nice, to her, seeing a child who was not in a situation akin to hers, fighting against the claws of despair and death.

"Glad to hear," she mused to Ciel, offering up a smile. Her hands tried to shove themselves into her pockets, but... she had none. So she pretended she was just adjusting her dress. "Oh, and it's Teresa. Agnes. Mind sharing yours?" she offered, tilting her head at him with eyes encouraging and curious. But yet again she was distracted, she glancing to Joshua with visible confusion as he spoke to her again.

"...Huh?" she muttered, eyebrows furrowing. "Uh, I mean, I think it's nice? Giving gifts and all, I mean. It's sweet that people go out of their ways to give, y'know? But I don't think I need any gifts. I've already got it pretty d--" Uh. A glance was spared fleetingly at Ciel and other present children. "...Pretty good. I don't really have anything else to ask for."

"...But what about you?"

PFP4AlW.png

"It doesn't just seem like my idea of fun is to drive everyone else insane. It is my idea of fun. Oh, but don't give me that look. I'm talking to you, aren't I?" Joshua replied back, folding his arms against his chest. "If you think there are any other good ideas for entertainment, you're more than welcome to suggest some to me. I know this is a party, but I don't find typical party activities to be very amusing." Joshua had been to many, many parties during his long life. It wasn't really interesting at all for him to partake in social gatherings. Although, admittedly, this particular party wasn't as boring to him as past parties. Teresa was there. That automatically made it a bit more tolerable.

When Teresa offered her explanation as to why she knew how to tie a tie, Joshua absentmindedly wondered if maybe her lost memories could've better enlightened her. Not that it was a big deal. He said nothing and let her finish, continuing to remain in silence as she would speak with Ciel. Admittedly, he wished so many people weren't around him at the moment. He wanted to have a talk with Teresa, and the fact that so many individuals were around was making it hard for him to gather up the nerve to speak with her. He kept his mouth closed after scowling, only speaking again when Teresa would reply to his question about Christmas.

"Ah-- Is that... so?" Joshua wondered, feeling his heart sink a little when Teresa would say that she didn't really need any gifts. "Are you sure you wouldn't want a gift? Not even if someone really had something they wanted to... give you?" He paused, hearing Teresa ask in a quite voice how he felt about presents. "I guess it all depends on who is doing the giving and what kind of gift they give. Lucy, for example, is not someone who I would really be happy to get a gift from. Sanae, however, has given me gifts and it was rather pleasant. Why would you ask? Have you gotten me a present?" he teased, narrowing his eyes.

@Pretentious Pineapple @thatguyinthestore

gpNS6SB.png

8OVEX0p.png

Chibiterasu wrapped his arms around Issun. He wasn't much for words, but his gesture was trying to tell Issun that his is noticed. Chibi is showing that he cares.

Chibi released the hug and quickly used his brush once more on the blank paper he took earlier. His Celestial Brush drew a picture of Issun's likeness next to that of a bug. He presented the image to Issun as his brush crossed out the bug and circled the portrait of Issun.

However, whether or not Chibi was a good enough artist to convey his message is up to subjective interpretation.

Silora's whole body tensed as she cringed in pain at Amaterasu's touch, but still she remained stone-faced and entirely respectful towards the goddess as she raised her head to finally meet Amaterasu's gaze. To those around, the goddess' aura was faint, but to Silora it was blinding. Her spectral sight was consumed by the brilliant colours of Amaterasu's divine form, and although Silora's fel-pocked figure was sensitive to blessed powers, the goddess' warmth was comforting nonetheless.

She steadily rose to meet Amaterasu eye-to-eye, but was briefly distracted by the scar that was left upon her bare shoulder. Unsurpisingly, it was perfectly shaped like the goddess' hand. Rolling her shoulders and shaking it off, Silora pressed a fist against her chest.
"Silora Moongrove, devout follower of Elune and An'she both - or rather, Amaterasu, if that's the name you favour?"

Snapping around to look down at Issun, Silora paused in shock, before sputtering out "Did-...did the dwarf just call you a fleabag?"

@Sen
A circle was drawn around Issun. Wow that was a lot of talking for 'i don't want to be an inch tall'. Still, Amaterasu supposed she understood. Their time in the emperor's quarters- and even his body, that had been freaky and pretty gross -was not exactly pleasant, and she had only been his size for a short amount of time. She couldn't imagine being that way all of the time. But, still, she wasn't going to let him be led into some trap for an upsizing, damn it.

Helpfully, she gestured to the ground, before holding her pointer finger and thumb just short of touching. About an inch apart. Then, she gestured upward from the ground, about to Issun's current height, with a proud look on her face. Yup. He was taller now, as she so observantly pointed out. Not necessarily the full height of the young adult he was, but still. Closer.

54_by_teh_zombish-dbx26p0.jpg

Satisfied that her mix of reassurance he could grow and her use of her brush to induce love and calm would definitely work, she again levelled her gaze upon Silora, her expression shifting to a concerned frown as she noticed the wince and quickly drew back. The scar was... Appalling. Never had such a thing occurred before, and the woman was worried. Had she truly done that to this poor woman? She...

An apologetic bow was all she could offer, unsure how she could possibly help the elf before her. Still, she blinked at the mention of Issun's nickname for her, and could only slowly shake her head as though to convey there was a misunderstanding at hand and that all was well on that front. Still, she seemed to struggle to pull her gaze away from the print she had unwittingly left on the other's skin.

@Sen @Alex Azure @Archmage Jeremiah @Jeremi

Last edited:

...Oh.

"Anytime,"

"...But what about you?"

ciel-phantomhive--31.jpg

"Ciel Phantomhive. Earl of Phantomhive. It's a pleasure to meet you, Teresa." Ciel stated, having to force himself to smile yet again. It was such an... unnatural feeling.

"And who might you be? Teresa's boyfriend, I preume?" Ciel asked Joshua. In actuality, he knew they weren't actually dating, that much he could tell. He just enjoyed lightly teasing others, is all.

@Neko Shogun @Pretentious Pineapple

7nUzDuf.png

"..."

"So, Sayori?" Elizabeth asked after listening to them talk to a bit. "What do you usually do outside of school?"

@Neko Shogun @Crow @Alex Azure

@Sen
A circle was drawn around Issun. Wow that was a lot of talking for 'i don't want to be an inch tall'. Still, Amaterasu supposed she understood. Their time in the emperor's quarters- and even his body, that had been freaky and pretty gross -was not exactly pleasant, and she had only been his size for a short amount of time. She couldn't imagine being that way all of the time. But, still, she wasn't going to let him be led into some trap for an upsizing, damn it.

Helpfully, she gestured to the ground, before holding her pointer finger and thumb just short of touching. About an inch apart. Then, she gestured upward from the ground, about to Issun's current height, with a proud look on her face. Yup. He was taller now, as she so observantly pointed out. Not necessarily the full height of the young adult he was, but still. Closer.

Satisfied that her mix of reassurance he could grow and her use of her brush to induce love and calm would definitely work, she again levelled her gaze upon Silora, her expression shifting to a concerned frown as she noticed the wince and quickly drew back. The scar was... Appalling. Never had such a thing occurred before, and the woman was worried. Had she truly done that to this poor woman? She...

An apologetic bow was all she could offer, unsure how she could possibly help the elf before her. Still, she blinked at the mention of Issun's nickname for her, and could only slowly shake her head as though to convey there was a misunderstanding at hand and that all was well on that front. Still, she seemed to struggle to pull her gaze away from the print she had unwittingly left on the other's skin.

@Sen @Alex Azure @Archmage Jeremiah @Jeremi
60fxrrN.png

Issun returned Chibi's embrace for a few short seconds, showing his appreciation for acceptance. Well, it was Ammy's son, so Issun really wasn't surprised that the kid had taken a liking to him. Like mother like son? "Thanks, Chibi..." he let go of the boy, "but I don't swing that way."

He offered the boy a smile at his drawing, and nodded in understanding. "See, even a kid knows that I'm waaay better than a bug. But a nice babe can't?" Issun shook his head in disbelief, remembering all those derogatory terms the ladies had used to name him.

The Envoy quickly returned with art of his own, taking a piece of paper and brush he had at the end of his sword, quickly glancing between his canvas and Chibiterasu. It only took him a few minutes before he had something to present. Copying technology didn't exist in Nippon, so Issun's production speed and skills were very fast. He had to pump out hundreds and thousands of paintings of the gods for his job, after all!

"I bet this is what you look like as a pup. Did I hit the mark, eh?"

He handed his work to the child before folding his arms, shaking his head at Ammy's unspoken words. "I'm only this tall now because I'm at this party," he rolled his eyes. "Wish I could be like this for a while longer - it's like why you're not a four-legged beast who leaves explosive faeces all over the place."

"Thanks for trying to cheer me up though," Issun quickly added, not wanting to offend the goddess. Not that it really was an offence, they really did have a go at the monsters that plagued the mortal world with a combination of explosive faeces and urine streams. Anything they could do to get those sparkling, rare, strange but beautiful Demon Fangs. There was that one guy called Kiba who really loved them, the Emperor too. Issun wondered if that Fang trader was still sitting in the forest.

IjEAuy1.png

At the elf's comment, Issun's facial expression changed into one of complete blankness.
"What did you just call me...? A d- dwarf! Holy-, do all busty babes just have big jugs to compensate for their total lack of manners? That's such a turn off."

"I'll vote for Luka." Oliver spoke up, not having a chance to respond to Elizabeth or any of the others before they had been gathered to see what Drosselmeyer had to announce.

------------

tumblr_os1an3R5DN1w4k0e7o7_400.png

Bee meanwhile had to think about it for a second. She last remembered being near the buffet table again and hummed in thought, and had to scratch her head for a moment. Her memory seemed to be a bit on the fritz.

"Is this like, some type of party game?" Bee asked curiously. She hadn't been to a party in...geez, had she ever been to a legit party before? It's been so long since she's been around so many people.

@Yun Lee @Minerva @Crow @thatguyinthestore @Alex Azure @Everyone

@Alex Azure @Neko Shogun
"Poetry sounds wonderful! I'm personally a girl of music and songs. But what is a song except a poem put to music? We could even put all our talents together. Poetry for the words, music for the rhythm, and with Momoka we could have a cute idol to sing!"

"I bet I could be an idol if I were still a bit younger. I'm old enough to be in college, and most of Producer's idols seem to be in the preteen J-Pop aesthetic. I'm not sure how an older idol would work out."

"But Momoka-chan is right. Sayori-chan, you shpuld be confident in yourself. I'm sure you can accomplish ANYTHING you put your mind to."

@Crow @Neko Shogun
ciel-phantomhive--31.jpg

"Ciel Phantomhive. Earl of Phantomhive. It's a pleasure to meet you, Teresa." Ciel stated, having to force himself to smile yet again. It was such an... unnatural feeling.

"And who might you be? Teresa's boyfriend, I preume?" Ciel asked Joshua. In actuality, he knew they weren't actually dating, that much he could tell. He just enjoyed lightly teasing others, is all.

"So, Sayori?" Elizabeth asked after listening to them talk to a bit. "What do you usually do outside of school?"

Y9JacI0.png

"Huh, did I say something bad about myself? Sorry, Momoka and Macy~ I didn't mean to sound that way again! Just forget I ever said that, eh heh heh heh. I have plenty of faith in myself! I am... a fun-loving, positive girl!" Sayori replied, smiling as widely as she possibly could to show that she was fine. Truth be told, Sayori could display traces of negativity at times. While she appeared to be a very happy, positive person on the outside, her thoughts and feelings on the inside were a bit different at times. And it was rare if other people found out about this; this dark side of herself wasn't something she had really told anyone about.

"Ah, but you are sooo right, Macy!" Sayori squeaked, folding her hands together. "Poems really are like songs! I'd never really thought of that before, but you're right! I wonder what it would sound like to hear Momoka sing one of my poems? I bet it would be so cool! Or maybe we could all sing a song together. I bet it would be even more fun if we all sang something together! We'd be like a Christmas choir!"

@Crow @Alex Azure

PFP4AlW.png

"It doesn't just seem like my idea of fun is to drive everyone else insane. It is my idea of fun. Oh, but don't give me that look. I'm talking to you, aren't I?" Joshua replied back, folding his arms against his chest. "If you think there are any other good ideas for entertainment, you're more than welcome to suggest some to me. I know this is a party, but I don't find typical party activities to be very amusing." Joshua had been to many, many parties during his long life. It wasn't really interesting at all for him to partake in social gatherings. Although, admittedly, this particular party wasn't as boring to him as past parties. Teresa was there. That automatically made it a bit more tolerable.

When Teresa offered her explanation as to why she knew how to tie a tie, Joshua absentmindedly wondered if maybe her lost memories could've better enlightened her. Not that it was a big deal. He said nothing and let her finish, continuing to remain in silence as she would speak with Ciel. Admittedly, he wished so many people weren't around him at the moment. He wanted to have a talk with Teresa, and the fact that so many individuals were around was making it hard for him to gather up the nerve to speak with her. He kept his mouth closed after scowling, only speaking again when Teresa would reply to his question about Christmas.

"Ah-- Is that... so?" Joshua wondered, feeling his heart sink a little when Teresa would say that she didn't really need any gifts. "Are you sure you wouldn't want a gift? Not even if someone really had something they wanted to... give you?" He paused, hearing Teresa ask in a quite voice how he felt about presents. "I guess it all depends on who is doing the giving and what kind of gift they give. Lucy, for example, is not someone who I would really be happy to get a gift from. Sanae, however, has given me gifts and it was rather pleasant. Why would you ask? Have you gotten me a present?" he teased, narrowing his eyes.

@Pretentious Pineapple @thatguyinthestore
ciel-phantomhive--31.jpg

stare_by_teh_zombish-d9i8xbx.png

"...Point taken,"
she relented as Joshua referenced his speaking to her as opposed to getting into trouble. She was grateful for that, certainly. Still, she knew he was the mischievous sort, even without his own admittance of the fact right then and there. "Anyways, I'm sure there's something you enjoy here, right? Why else would you be here?" she pointed out. "You strike me as the sort to like seven minutes in heaven," she joked, hoping the little grinch would cheer up without victimizing anyone else.

After the migration to the center of the room with the others, Teresa herself was just a tad less conversational as well, not that she was the excessively talkative sort in the first place. But after the burst of magically induced cheer, she did open up just a little, seeming slightly less awkward as she provided further insight to her boss with a mere shrug.

"I wouldn't hate a gift or anything. Especially if someone really had something they wanted to give me," she explained. "I just meant... I don't need people going out of their way to do something for me, is all. You know life wasn't the greatest for me before, and being in Shibuya alone is a lot more than I've had before. Or than I... deserve. At least, pretty sure that's how the other Gladers would feel about it," she mused, rubbing her neck with her gaze averted as she so often did when nervous, upset, or reminiscing upon her less than savory past. Apparently, Joshua's teasing at least somewhat pulled her out of it, her distant expression shifting to a faint smile. "Heh. What would make you ask that? I was just curious on your stance, was all. Besides, I could ask you the same."

A pause came as Ciel introduced himself, Teresa's head tilting just slightly to the side with evident interest. "Earl, huh? That's pretty impressive, especially for someone so young," she hummed in praise, offering the boy a more sincere smile of her own. "Nice to meet ya, too, Ciel. Actually, I feel like I've met someone else with that name...-- H-huh??"

rsz_where_theres_a_will_by_teh_zombish-db0h937.jpg

Crimson slowly began to paint itself across Teresa's cheek as Ciel inquired as to whether Joshua was her boyfriend and, had the boy been older or had she known he had purposely been teasing, she likely would have been a little more frustrated. As it were, she took it at face value as an unknowing query, and fervently shook her head. "A-ah, no. This is Josh. He's my... boss," she explained hurriedly. Damn it, why did everyone always mistake them for a couple??? She just hoped Joshua wouldn't play along as he always seemed to.

ciel-phantomhive--31.jpg

z21XQe0.png

"Huh?"

It took a moment before Sayori registered that Elizabeth had asked her a question due to the fact she was so excited about the idea of singing a song with her new friends.

"Outside of school? Well, I..."

Sayori poked her two index fingers together. "Not really too much, honestly. I spend most of my time at school, because it makes me feel good to be there. I don't really have much to do at home, eh heh heh heh. Does that seem strange?"

@thatguyinthestore

As voting (and conversations about 'busty babes) continued, Drosselmeyer shook his head. "Now now, we have to decide on ONE person to win. Let me make things rather fun. Macy, Teresa, Ciel, Plutia, Elena, Sayori, and Luka have all received votes. These are the only people you may vote for now!"

Furthermore, the next thing anyone who had not voted yet would say would be a vote, no exception!

(OOC: Since I want to start Chapter One tonight, I'll have NPCs vote for the winner at 8 PM PST, unless someone reaches five votes first!)

@Archmage Jeremiah @Neko Shogun@Pretentious Pineapple @York@thatguyinthestore @ThatAverageGuy@belVita @dark @Minerva @Crow @Takumi@Lucky @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies@Widowmaker @Sen @Alex Azure @Khan of the Mardu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back