Rocket had heard this same line many times. She raised a brow and went near. "Sure why not?" She stated to the man with a shrug. She wasn't sure if Susan would do the same but Rocket was curious to see if for once someone was different than the people she usually meet with such comments especially well since she was apparently dead and waiting for a game to benign.

Eevee nodded at the man, and kept rubbing against Chrom. He knew when a human shows there teeth, that means they are happy!

Suddenly... He got picked up by something. And the person, thing, whatever it was, No offense, freaked him out. He tried to squirm away, crying out.​

"Bonjour, Bozo!" Marie approached the man with a neat, lady-like smile on her pale face. She was already amused. "I've heard of your great talents already. I am new to town, though I am quite interested in this 'game' you speak of."

"Hugo."
The man stopped at the sound of his name. He turned around, allowing us a full glimpse at him. His face was red, dried tears streaking down his face into his unkempt beard.
"Who are you?" The man called Hugo asked the other man. His eyes widened slightly in alarm at the sight of the other man, for he was nearly six and a half feet tall. The man's face was strangely unknowable, for whichever way he turned his face, shadow covered obscured all feature's from it.
"I am the one guides, and at times effects changes. Just know that I am a friend if you rise to your destiny, or your destroyer if you fail."
"I don't know who you are or what you want dude. But what I want is just to be left alone, so go find some other guy."
Hugo turned to leave. The shadowed man's hand shoot out and grabs Hugo, stopping him in place. His grip was more that strength, it was something else. The irresistible grip of the mountain, standing its ground, demanding its way.
"You mourn for her, for her passing into the next. I can halt your grief, I can bring her back. If you play the game."
"What the hell are you talking about dude?" Hugo attempted to jerk his shoulder away again, the shadowed man then released him."
"You need me, and I have uses for you-"
Hugo lunged and grabbed the shadowed man's laurels, "You don't get it, she died. And she isn't coming back. No one ever comes back." He chocked off a sob and sank to his knees.
"What do you have to lose?" The man's voice was softer, something approaching humanity. And then it was gone.
"What would I have to do?"
"Survive."
"That seems to be what I'm best at." Hugo stood up. "But I'm doing it my way. No is dying because of or for me."
The shadowed man merely tilted his head at this.
"They're will be a price. Your soul, your existence wagered against her life."
"I'll take it." Hugo said.
"Their is also another price you must pay. You must give up what is most precious to you. Your memories of her."
"No."
"You must."
"Forget it dude."
"It is the only way."
"How am supposed to remember who I'm saving then?" Hugo asked.
"You will find your way Hugo. Now go." A shimmering portal opened in front them.
Hugo began to walk into the portal and then stopped and looked back. "Dude. My name's Hurley."
And then Hurley turned and walked into the portal.​

View attachment 2199

"If you call me Mr. Grumpy one more time I'll kick your ass," Neku shot back, waving his fist in Minato's direction for a moment. "Anyhow, yeah, for some reason I can use unlimited pins while others can't. The reapers seem to hate it. They can't seem to figure out why I can do it either. Because of my access to all these pins, the game has been really a breeze for Shiki and I so far..."

Both Neku and Shiki watch as Minato attacks one of the training dummies. Shiki lets out a gasp as the dummy actually transforms into the appearance of a young man before their very eyes.

tumblr_inline_nebmclhalt1t2gnmj.png

The man lets out a blood curdling scream and falls to the ground, a big slash mark now across his body that dripped with blood.​

Explosions all around, and the woman he loves trapped in the middle of it all, Gajeel Redfox runs onward, hoping to make it in time to save her, erecting his Dragon Scales while wrapping his arms around her before being hit in the back. Looking down at the undetonated missle in his chest, he attempts to shove her away, yet the look in her eyes said all he needed to hear. Gently kissing her one last time, the bomb exploded, sending her flying, while blowing him apart.

Seeing her broken body, he drug the remains of his own towards her with his remaining arm, clasping his hand in hers as he saw the light fade from her eyes, tears pouring down his face as the darkness slowly took him, "Levy, I love you, and I'll see you on the other side. That's a promise." being the last words he was able to utter before his smiling face froze, his hand now eternally clasped tightly in hers.

After the events of meeting Lord Death, Gajeel lookedat his phone, then to his little friend who had followed him in death, Pantherlily, who volunteered to be used as his price to play the game, hoping it would be their best way to get revenge for Levy's death. Walking into a bright light, Gajeel couldn't believe his eyes, seeing a girl who looked surprisingly familiar, but she couldn't have ended up in the same place, could she?

Running over to the girl, his eyes widened, realizing it could be no one but her. Smacking her on the back of the head with an angry, yet relieved, look on his face, he yelled at the girl, his voice breaking from the tears of joy welling in his eyes.
"You idiot! Do you know how worried I was?! I never thought I'd find you again! Why'd you have to go and die on me, dammit?!"

His head hung low after the outburst, a sudden change to his posture and tone of voice showed he'd become depressed, unable to look her in the eyes, yet he faced her, hiding his face with his hair as he spoke accusations against himself before finally grasping her shoulders, tears streaming down his face as he looked into her eyes with his own filled with regret. "Why...why couldn't I protect you? I tried so hard, yet I lost you anyway. What right have I to ask for forgiveness when I failed you when it mattered most? How can you forgive me for letting you die?!"​

Maxwell continued to sit in the chair.

Yep.​

Eevee would have a hard time getting free - if it was a gentle cradle with two arms, maybe. But Asha only had one. "Well aren't you lively..." He put it back on the ground, still staring at it. "The new creatures of Origin are fascinating..."​

As Susan and Rocket peer into the man's coat, they are met with a blast of water to the face from a squirt gun. "Got you!" the man shouts with a laugh, running off. You've been pranked!

Chase the man?​

"W-whoa..." Minato was shocked beyond belief. The dummy had actually transform and into a living person for that matter. In fact, the boy looked about Minato's age and was wearing the same uniform as he was. He even looked a little familiar...

The realization struck hard and made him feel sick. It was Junpei Iori, one of his friends and fellow Shadow hunters. He had been the first friend at Gekkoukhan and the first Social Link, the Magician, that Minato had forged in the battle for humanity's survival. For a few moments, he could only stare at the false body of his friend in quiet horror. Then, his mind rebooted and he remembered where he was, "I know you look like Junpei, but I also know you're a fake... I can do this, I just have to concentrate..."

Minato's words didn't even convince the speaker himself.​

Marcus noticed something, a wishing well? "That's interesting," he said. A lot of weirdness to this existence, he thought, maybe there was some sort of substance to this children's manifestion.

He walked over to the wishing well to check it out.​

Ciel got into a battle stance, dashing forward and attacking the man with her newfound sword without hesitation.​

"Game? Well my game just so happens to be a riddle game! If you can get them right, you'll win free tickets to a hot dog stand that can be found somewhere in town. I don't think the reapers are allowing access to it yet, but they should once they send out the first missions," the street performer explained, juggling two balls and managing to drop one of them. "Would you like to try a riddle, pretty lady?" he asked with a wink.​

Marie smiled, her posture straightening. "I'm not a fan of hot dogs, but I love riddles. Try me, Bozo."

"Ciel, stop, don't attack him!" Minato cried out, his hands tightened enough onto the hilt to have it bite into his skin a tiny bit, "Just... Just let me use this dummy, okay? I would rather I did the damage here."​

Rocket couldn't help but give a laugh. "That was different." She then watched as he ran and looked to Susan. "Should we follow?"She asked with a hint of wanting slight revenge.​

The chair Maxwell was sitting in suddenly tipped over, making him fall on the ground.

A nearby reaper snickered before quickly composing himself.

Support.png

She stopped, skidding right in front of the dummy, before dashing back.

"For what purpose? Why did you have me stop?" Ciel questioned, seemingly slightly irritated.​

(Guy Noir, Private Eye)

It was a dark night, in the city who knew how to keep its secrets, and on the twelfth floor of the Acme Building, I sat behind my desk. With the phone off the hook, my feet up on the desk and covering the tax forms for the last two years I was still trying to figure out the expense account for, I leaned back and placed my hat over my face. Soon, my snores joined the faint sound of that alto sax playing a Coltrane song coming from the hallway outside of the office.

Suddenly, the door of his office burst open. I managed to get to my feet, with my hat shoved back on his head proper-like, just in time to see Pete, standing there in the open doorway. "Pete! I aoughta . . . " Pete sneers and gestures with the revolver in his hand. "Guy! what you aoughta do is hand me over that statue that you stole from in in the subway! Now!"

"Not likely, you big mug!" I snatched my pistol from under the desk, only for Pete to shoot first. "Pete! You shot me!" I watched as the mobster strode into the office like he owned the place. Owned the place? Over my dead body! I put one hand over the hole in my stomach, and realized it was possible for that line to come true. It was a good thing that dame had come earlier and picked the Pinsacook Peacock when I called her. "You're too late, Pete!"

His only retort was another bullet and a sneer. I lifted up my pistol and gave him five, quick as you like. "Too late! Here's the only thing you get, Pete!"

Next thing I know, there's this fellow calling himself death and handing out pins right and left. I pick three, rather random like, and wonder what the hell did Pete dip his bullets in this time. I affix the three - no, four pins, after the fellow gives me another, saying it's my personal button, onto the lapel of my trenchcoat. Well, sure, I've never been much on fashion, and the trenchcoat's seen better days, but I take a moment after looking down at them, to re-affix them on the inside of my coat. No way they get pushed that way, or taken without me knowing about it.

I toss Death the keys to the office, remind him that the rent's due, and walk through the white door.

Into the bright sunlight of another city.

Another city whose secrets I'm here to search out . . .​

"Hey! Easy!"

Chorm would follow the two, and would pet he now free Eevee.

"Easy friend. He didn't mean to scare."

That last part Chrome wasn't sure about and would glare at Asha.​

Back