Ame Damnee The Recreational Hall

Aman

Dragon Priestess
Benefactor
According to its name, The Recreational Hall is used primarily for recreation and the arts. In the center is a large library teeming with books of all genres, neatly sorted and maintained by the library staff. On another end is an art museum full of paintings, statues, and other artistic showcases that many come to see, and even pitch in their own creations to. Finally, a grand theater lies at the adjacent side; a place for actors and musicians to perform and dazzle audiences with their spectacular shows. Fliers are often hung up around the city when such an event is to occur. For many, this place provides recognition for their talents, and a way to put food on their plates at the end of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saaria Black
The Library

In the library of the Recreational Hall, Saaria sat, leaned back in one of the chairs and aimlessly looking over a book in her hand. As usual she was dressed in her dark, outlandish attire, garnering her the curious attention of the weary librarian; a feeble old man with shaky hands and small, circular glasses resting upon the bridge of his crooked nose. Leave it up to a human to manage something as boring as a library. Despite her nature of being a remorseless killer and apathetic person in general, the woman did like to bury her nose in a book every once in awhile. And since she wasn't particularly one for parties and festivals, she preferred the quietness of the library, closed off from the art museum and theater by large double doors. In here, the music of the festival did little to arouse her from her focus. " 'My lady, I have rode all the way from the northern plains of Allistar to beseech you', Said Raziel, his brown ponytail whipping around his face in the winds. 'If you would...' "

Reading a passage in a low voice from the book, Saaria squinted as she concentrated on each word contributing to the story. This book is pretty interesting. She thought, tilting her hat to the side idly. Propping her feet up on the table in front of her, she crossed her legs at the ankles and continued to mouth the words in a quiet tone of voice. A romance novel about an interracial relationship between a human and a daemon. Some would call it scandalous, but she found nothing unusual about it. Right now, she was the only person in the library that she knew of; besides the librarian, who looked like he was close to falling asleep.

It was than the sound of an opening door could be heard, with the sounds of several people walking into the Library. Nemo and his two guard slaves had arrived at the front desk waiting for the Librarian to show up. With a sudden bit of energy the Librarian quickly walked to the front desk. "Nemo Damian!" He said with some excitement and anxiety. "What can i do for you today my fine sir?" Nemo raised an Eye brow at the old mans word play and just professional said. "I'm here to pick up a book that was, from my information returned."

The old man looked nervous as if not knowing how to say it. "P-please. Forgive me sir that book you've been looking forward to has yet to be returned." Nemo didn't say anything for a moment. "Well. Guess it can't be helped. However i am in a good mood, so." Places a leather sack of golden coins in the old mans hand. "just inform me when you get that book." The old man smile was creepy but happy. "YES!.. yes sir i'll do my best to inform you when it is back on the shelf." Nemo smiled at the old fool for getting excited from a few golden coins. "I know you will. O and you might not want to yell so loud." He than whispered condescendingly "were in a library."

Esra T. Jones

With no words, the female slid inside the area easily, she herself having entered before the door would shut to loiter and, more importantly, look for a good... Oh what is the word? Snatch! Yes,that is it. Upon seeing a rather nerve wracked librarian calm at the sight of the currency bag, her eyes turned rather large and the female halted by a shelf of books. She was shocked, for one, that the male whom seemed so intimidating would do a kind deed, and for the fact that he had so much wealth to distribute!

She pulled on an act, strolling smoothly up to the group of citizens and cocking her head sweetly to the side. The good thing about being part fox is, you have an innate sense of slyness: and acting. Her ears pull back, tail curls neatly, and she had a rugged and slightly terrified appearance.

"Excuse me? I am going around collecting coins, you see, my father and mother both are terribly ill! And I am not sure how much longer they may last... I would go to work for the coin, but my sister and I struggle enough as it is trying to keep them comfortable and happy! It was by chance itself that I could go out today.. do you have any coins to spare?"

Nemo Mentally grumbled he knew what this was, hell it was a constant thing he had to deal with. beggers making up ridiculous stories about their "problems" . The only reason he gave the coins to the old fool was to make sure he got the information he wanted faster.... Sometimes Nemo wonders if it's worth keeping up a public image... He reached into his suit mentally kicking himself for the seeming to fall for this dumb ruse.

"Why sure." He grabbed a black leather sack that seemed like it was about to burst and put on a warm smile. of course it was a fake but after several years he got good at acting like he cared about others. "Be sure not, to run into any bad people." Yeah in this city you might as well tell her to be agoraphobic. Though to be honest he wasn't losing any thing of worth... this amount of coins was chicken feed to him.

Last edited:
Esra T. Jones

As if able to sense the falseness of the male's smile, she shook her head softly and gripped the leather bag. "Oh no, sir, you need to look out for 'bad' people. It would be a shame if you were to get hurt, or worse." It was almost a threat, if she had reason, she would definitly pay him a visit again.

Any good hearted or naive person would not notice what she meant, but she was certain he could as she put on a cheeky and wolf like grin: literally. Her teeth sharper than human like beings due to being mostly similar to canines.

Last edited:
Nemo almost surprised at the sudden tone shift but found himself unable to stop himself from laughing a little it was a nice laugh but something about was also off like he found what she said /cute\. his slaves looked at him thinking he's lost his mind but they staid quite for fear of their collars being activated. Nemo stopped laughing not abruptly he than began to pat her on the head as he stopped laughing "don't worry about me. Admittedly i'm not very good in a fight, but i have my... tricks." His look said it all, he wasn't a fool and he knew what she meant... but in a masterful way he sent his own little warning.

Last edited:
Esra T. Jones

A scoff escapes her from the pat on the head, ears and tail floofing (yes, floofing) out in apparent shock, he was... mocking her? The female was not pleased to say the least as her grip upon the coin bag tightened tremendously and her nails left little tears in the usually resilient and strong fabric. She was not going at attempt any act of remorse or furiousness, but did have her smile falter. "Excuse... me? I would love to know these tricks?"

Nemo Scratching his chin in mock deep thought. "hmmmmm." he exasperated "hhhmmmm" and than suddenly flicked his fingers a sigh that he /found\ the right words. "Mostly i get my tricks talking to those.... Less fortunate than me." His eyes going to her as he said that. "also i do dabble in plenty of literature, though it's quite advanced." he smiled though this time it wasn't even trying to hide motives. "But i guess if you want to know were i get my best, tricks i suggest looking down isle K the second 6th book shelf down." isle K the 6th book shelf down being were the books for babies are located.

Galizur, as played by Meliodas

The Recreational Hall
Library

After the little soiree at The Sanctuary, he needed somewhere to lay low for a while, a quiet place to think. He could think of no better spot in the city than the library where he could hopefully collect his thoughts and escape whatever it was he had just done. There was no way of explaining the kind of power he had just tapped into; abilities he didn’t even know he had. His mother was constantly pressuring him to explore his true nature, and this encounter had only proven why he shouldn’t. Galizur was dangerous, with a power he was not disciplined enough to control. God only knows what sort of catastrophe he could cause if he put his mind to it.

Stepping through the doors into the grand hall which had been devoted to the arts, he hardly went unnoticed as a clerk knelt beside him, their words carrying some distance. “My Prince… so nice of you to join us on this fine winter's morning.” It was hard not to grow embarrassed as he urged the gentleman to stand, instructing him to stay quiet about his arrival. There were very few places the boy could go without being a spectacle, which is why he tended to mingle in the streets. To some, he was rather popular, even respected; to others, he was nothing more than a street urchin, a troublemaker. One thing was for sure. Galizur needed somewhere to hide before the Ethos began - a festival they held each year. A festival Galizur had come to dread.

Esra T. Jones

An expression of infuriation flashed across her features as she seemed to catch on to what section those books were, "You think I am going to waltz over there and read some little ba—" her voice silences and her keen ears perk at one word.

'Prince'

Turning with a false hearted smile, she scurried over to where the voice, and more importantly the prince, were. "Oh dear sir! There is a ruffian and his two thugs trying to ruin the 'good' name of the Jones!"

Nemo looked taken aback the prince of all people here?! And that little novice con-artist was trying to use her... he hated to admit it but Cute charms.

"M-my prince." he said with a shaky yet proper voice. "I have no idea what this poor girl is talking about. All i did was give her a generous amount of coins for her family trouble."

Last edited:
Esra T. Jones

As if having waited for him to say such, she put on fast waterworks and quivered slightly, rubbing at her tearful eyes. "I asked i-if he had advice for my current situation a-after he gave me the coins and he made a mock 'hmm!' Then, as if I were some child or illiterate being, he lied about where I could find helpful information and told m-me where the little lass and lad books would be lo-located! Then he had he audacity t-to play innocent!" The stutters were a nice touch that she learned worked best when having tears and a cracked voice, a little master piece though as she added on puppy dog like eyes.

Last edited:
Nemo

Nemo Still somehow holding in a neutral face was at a lose of words he could have easily got her goat if she was along but bring the prince into this was something he had not seen coming. So than without a plain he just sighed deeply and decided if he can't beat her than join in. "Yes..." he said his voice full of shame as he looked down at the floor. "I Did give her the coins, and all that she said is true... Though no excuse. my business has been hard on me at this moment and since i could not get a book i wanted from this library.... it's childish and humiliating to admit that i took out my frustrations on this poor girl." His face never left the floor, as if to ashamed to look up at them. *She is going to have an /accident\ after this is done!*

Saaria Black
The Library

... What the hell? Those were Saaria's first thoughts as she looked behind her to examine the situation going on in the library. It was so quiet only a few moments ago, and then some noble man and his slaves come waltzing in, with a kitsune to follow, and some... Street rat. She turned her head, her expression nothing less than hostile as she listened to all of them speak in non library appropriate voices. Letting out a low sigh under her breath, the chair screeched beneath her as she abruptly stood, still grasping the book in her hand. The librarian at this point didn't seem to even care about what was going on, as he was too busy drooling over the bag of shiny coins that Nemo had so 'graciously' given him. All of this acting and lying, blah, blah, blah. For whatever reason, they were calling that small, twig of a boy a 'Prince', and she could almost laugh, if it were actually funny. Saaria had seen her fair share of 'princes', and that sort of gig wasn't even believable. Turning sharply on her feet, the woman walked off with light, trained footsteps towards the hallways, hoping to find somewhere with some tranquility. It was bad enough that the Ethos was today, and more people than usual were flooding the streets, like herds of sheep.

Esra T. Jones

The typically challenging kitsune was bewildered at the fact that he changed his stand when it came to this little ruse of his and hers, vibrant eyes turning dim as she cast him an expression of distaste, before raising balled fists to rub away her tears. "That holds no excuse, in my opinion...I do not know anything of this book, or your company for that matter..." However, her eyes showed that that was a lie. Esra could make this her lucky day as she resisted the tug of her lips upward to keep her sorrow filled façade up. "Although.. if you asked nicely, I may be of help myself..."

Galizur, as played by Meliodas

The Recreational Hall
Library

Truthfully, Galizur was not your conventional prince, in that he wasn’t really a prince at all. Yes, his mother, Aeriseth, was one of the founders of Abaddon just over six centuries ago; she ruled over the city, even if only in name, so it was only natural that as her son, he was regarded as such. No, he wasn’t truly royalty, but it was a silly title that some people of Abaddon felt necessary to bestow. It wasn’t anything Galizur cared for personally, and he normally did his best to ensure such pleasantries were avoided when at all possible. He may have seemed important, but he felt in his heart that it couldn’t have been further from the truth.

Getting badgered wasn’t new to him, although a circumstance he had grown quite good at running away from, but the two con artists practically throwing themselves at his feet were of little interest to him. For the most part, he didn’t even pay much attention to anything they said; instead, he simply stood there, staring with a rather blank expression on his face as his mind wandered. “Uh, sure, that’s great!” He exclaimed rather enthusiastically, eager to squeeze out of another sticky situation. “I hope you two reconcile your differences and all of that jazz. Really have things to do. Princely duties and all. Very busy. Thank you.” Nodding gratefully, he started to slowly take a few steps back. “Yes, thank you.” Galizur repeated, looking for a speedy exit.

Nemo

Looking to see if the prince was out of ear shot and when he was Nemo finally faced up. "Well that was... interesting. An act worthy of being in the theater." Claps his hands. "Now if you don't mind i'm very busy and i have to be on my way...." His stoic act was broken for a moment. "I'm going to let you off this one time, as a reward for actually throwing me off. However if next time we meet and you try anything cute." his voice not raising in tone yet their was some irritation that could be sensed "you'll be the one to regret it." He started towards the door. "Enjoy that chicken feed in your hands."

Last edited:
Esra T. Jones

Esra was shocked that the prince just walked away from her! Then again, he probably dealt with this a lot. Her eyes suddenly raise though to meet that if the male in front of her, his threats sounding rather amusing to her until she shared what he said, 'Chicken... feed?' She takes the pouch out and crunches it in her hands, "Oh, this game is so on..." But instead of following after him, she had a plan form, that for some reason: centered around the younger boy who entered and fled away... Oh, what fun to have a potential pawn! But... can she really even get close to him?

Just as insult to injury the black leather bag started to turn to dust with he chicken feed in it. and using some kinda hex the chicken feed spelled out fools gold.

Back