Ame Damnee The Recreational Hall

Saaria Black
Library Halls

Completely oblivious to the roast competition that had just taken place in the Art Museum next to them, Saaria dusted herself off and then crossed her arms over her chest imposingly. "So I am." With that short reply, she narrowed her eyes. "Don't look at me like you want to jump me. I'll plant a bullet in your chest so fast if you try." The Flintlocks at her hips jiggled slightly as she moved, as if emphasizing her point. For him to ask her what she was doing here? The sheer audacity annoyed her, but was also pretty impressive. Most people didn't try and stand up to a woman who was 'armed to the teeth'. Noticing the sound of a chair moving as well, the human turned her head in the same direction as his, but couldn't see anything past the book-lined shelves.

"What am I doing here? Did you forget you're in a library? You're supposed to read books, not sleep on them. And of course I know what you are. You're the spitting image of a bloodsucker." She mocked, noting his silver hair and similar eyes to match. She didn't recognize the exact bloodline - there were too damn many - but he certainly looked like a noble. What confused her was that he didn't act like one. Most rich vampires wouldn't be caught dead laying on the ground like a homeless person; heck, they usually sent their servants off to do their business for them. This one, though, he was definitely drugged out of his mind. "I get the feeling you inject more into your veins than what you take out of others, though. Am I right?" She smirked.

Reactions: Lux
Dareth DiValli - Library

Dareth has finally snapped out of it. As he stood up, he noticed the sharp pain in his left leg. It was swollen and bleeding. I need to get this treated, but first... I need to apologize to Talis. What a mess I've made. His memories were blurry following the tavern incident, but he didn't expected it to be a sunshine adventure. He heard two voices as he sneaked out. He was sure he heard something about injecting into veins and the thought made him sick. He choose not to intrude and went out.

The Recreation Hall
- Library halls -
Taavi
Taavi licked dried lips as the distant, possible threat that came with the chair left his mind and eyes moved to follow the woman up when she stood. Her stance said she could take care of herself more than the guns on her hips, but she still felt the need to point out that she wouldn't hesitate to shoot him down if he so much as thought about attacking her. Taavi smirked at her unnecessary threat. He knew exactly who had the upper hand between the two of them and he wondered how many found themselves at the end of her gun because they didn't care to see what Taavi did. "No thanks."

Though she felt the need to stand and look imposing, Taavi was perfectly happy to remain there on the floor. His silver eyes glowed in a low, threatening hue, but the rest of him screamed lazy cat. When the woman began to fuss again, speaking of irrelevant arguments about books and sleeping, Taavi just smiled, his arms stretching over his head in a long, languid stretch, "I am a bloodsucker, aren't I?" He asked when she called him a spitting image. His illusion magic had faded in his drugged haze. At the moment, he found that he didn't much care if she knew or not, and his eyebrow quirked up at her studious look. "Dantalion. You couldn't tell, but thats the bloodline."

"I get the feeling you inject more into your veins than what you take out of others, though. Am I right?"

What she said made him grin right out, teeth flashing in the low light, "And whats wrong with that, hmm?" He asked, having no interest in arguing that point - he'd have plenty for a dozen lifetimes with his brother after all. He waved his hand dismissively, "I've no more for you, all out, sorry... Though.." He hummed, "if you're so concerned about me taking blood out of others, you could offer your own veins."

Saaria Black
Library Halls

Well, at least he was smart enough not to try anything, even when he was drugged. Maybe it didn't cloud his judgment so much, after all. Still- Saaria liked to talk big and make a lot of threats, but she was still only a human, and her guns weren't the best. She could only get three shots out before she had to reload, and it took at least 15 seconds to do just that. Flintlocks weren't the most advanced of ranged weaponry... "Dantalion, never heard of it." She responded flatly, being honest. Didn't take a genius to know that meddling in vampire's affairs was a bad idea.

"Didn't say there was anything wrong with it. And I wasn't going to ask for any." With those sharp comments, Saaria picked her hat up off the floor and adjusted it over her head again. At his comment, she snorted. "Concerned? Oh, please. When you make a living the way I do, you don't have 'concern' for others. Feed off whoever you want, it's none of my business." She looked back towards where she was heading again and noticed a brown-haired man leave the library rather frantically. "... Anyway, that pesky group of boot-lickers are gone, so I'm going to reclaim my spot back in the..." As she started to walk, she noticed a very large man sitting in an odd-looking red chair, taking up the majority of one of the aisles. Near where she had previously been sitting. "... For the love of the devil..." She muttered.

The Recreation Hall
- Library halls -
Taavi
Taavi huffed at her less than impressed response to the Dantalion name. He didn't blame her, he said the same thing to his brother so long ago. What did disappoint was her dismissal to his attempts to sink teeth into vein. He let out a low sigh, his shoulders slumping and he slowly tilted onto his side until he dropped back down into a lay as he listened to her rant a little.

A simple 'no' would have sufficed.

"... Anyway, that pesky group of boot-lickers are gone, so I'm going to reclaim my spot back in the..."

Taavi was going to come back with a smart ass comment before she cut off, and he lift his head, eyeing the chair - ah, that must have been the one he heard. He eyed the creature inside of it before he sighed. Who would have thought a library would be too noisy?

He grumbled as he pushed himself up to a stand, "I'm out of here." He grumbled, heading towards.. where he thought was the exit. It was definitely oposite of the noise, at least.

The golems seemed to be targeting areas with highly dense populations, and with the tavern nearby, The Recreational Hall didn’t appear to be any exception as a handful of the brainless oafs stood just outside, blocking the entrance.

Sensing the impending threat growing in the town square, the golems quickly fled from their posts, headed towards the town square as they cleared the area.

Kaleo
Upon leaving the Residential District, Kaleo's feet had finally slowed, though his mind was still reeling. He tried to ignore the taunts that Fear threw his way.

Really? That scared you? If I had know that a pretty girl hugging you would have had such an effect on you, I would have put you through it sooner!

Kaleo stopped abruptly in a secluded area and pulled out Mirage with trembling hands. He slid up the sleeve on his unbandaged arm and cut himself with a quick slice. 1... 2...

Or maybe you just have a problem with the fact that someone thought you were a cute little puppy. Treated like nothing more than a pet. I'm sensing some irony in that.

Kaleo closed his eyes tightly before trying again. Another slice.

Or maybe you're just crazy. I always said you were. I mean look at you, using the dagger on your own arm. You'd be better off using it on someone else.

Kaleo's eyes darkened as he furiously drew the blade across his arm one last time.
1... 2... 3. Fear had fallen silent. Kaleo took a deep breath before wiping two of his fingers through the mess of blood that now ran down his arm and swiping it onto the bridge of his nose again. His eyes cleared as he took a rag out of his pocket and cleaned up the rest of the blood when the bleeding stopped. Tossing away the rag, he calmly pulled down his sleeve again and walked away.

Before long, Kaleo looked up to see that his feet had taken him to the Library. He absently walked inside and pulled a random poetry book off a shelf before sitting down on the floor in a quiet corner. His shoulders slumped with exhaustion, but he couldn't bring himself to open the book. So Kaleo sat there, simply staring at the cover blankly.

@Isla

Jocasta, The 1st floor of the Library

Her walk from the marketplace had been a rather intriguing experience. She'd bit into the last of her apple and dangled it from the stem for a moment or two before tossing it near a couple rats in a nearby alleyway. Upon beginning to near the recreational hall, a sweet, intoxicating liquid watering her mouth. She swallowed the saliva forming in her mouth and wrinkled her nose, trying to find the source of blood. It didn't take long, but as the rag in front of her had an average spot of blood on it laying on the cobblestone, she didn't pick it up and somehow found herself inside the library, following the same scent. She approached Kaleo in the corner and peered down at him, wondering if he even knew of her presence. She kneeled down to his eye level. "Is that blood on your face?"

@Monster the Vamelfaer

Kaleo - Library - 1st Floor
Kaleo glanced up to see the woman from the Prison the other day. Jocasta, was it? When she asked him about the blood on his face he pressed his back up against the wall behind him and nodded slowly, his eyes cautious. He saw no reason to lie to her, but he didn't entirely trust her either. No one had ever bothered to ask about his war paint before, so the question caught him a little off guard.

She raised an eyebrow as he shuffled back against the wall. She hadn't meant to scare him, but she understood his fear. I don't blame him. I am afraid of myself too. She sighed and stood up. "I can see it in your eyes. The panic," she spoke indifferently. It was nothing new. She tried not to breathe, so much as inhaling the smell, as a way of holding herself back for now. "I would suggest getting rid of your warpaint for the time being. You may not know now, but we are filled with bloodsucking creatures." She glanced down, her eyes flashing red for a brief moment. "I do not wish to harm you, but understand the danger you're putting yourself in, dipping yourself in fresh blood, in your blood." Her voice was a little stern near the end, like a mother to a child. If there was anything she wished more, it was to be free of this insanity she'd allowed herself to become.

Last edited:
Kaleo looked away and smiled humorlessly. The nerve of this woman who thinks she knows me. I promise your bloodlust does not cause me worry. He looked back at her again, his expression suddenly shifting to that of sympathy. It worries you though, does it not? Afraid of the damage you have wrought?

Jocasta followed his gaze. She could see the edge of lips tug into a smile. It offended her a little. His thoughts were a mystery to her. Did he find her request humorous? Delirious? She stood her ground and crossed her arms over her chest as he shifted his expression to that of sympathy. She narrowed her eyes. "Are you playing a game with me? You smile for no reason, and then, you act like you care. You don't need to pretend," she responded. If he cared, he would've done as she'd asked, but he didn't. He was careless.

Kaleo shrugged. Looking down at the book in his lap again, he frowned as he only just realized that he'd already read it before. The lycan climbed to his feet in order to go return it to the shelf, sliding past Jocasta.

She shook her head as he slid past her. Tension and unease. How long would she be able to control herself before leaving in a hurry? Jocasta gritted her teeth and walked off, fists clenched. She walked over to the desks nearby, grabbed a piece of paper, black ink, and a quill. If he wouldn't talk to her, she'd make him. Jocasta hastily made her way back to Kaleo and shoved the paper at him. "Why won't get rid of it?"

@Monster the Vamelfaer

Kaleo had carefully started to put the book back on the shelf until Jocasta came storming back with the paper. When she questioned him again, he shot her a glare, shoving the book back with a loud thump. Nonetheless, he took the writing materials from her hand and moved to a desk to answer her question. He hastily scribbled something down on the paper before dropping the pen and stepping back with his arms crossed.

In the middle of a war, a soldier doesn't remove his armor.

@Isla

Allanah Frey
Library, Recreation Hall

One step. Two. Three. Four. Five.

The girl counted on her head carefully as she walked down the stairs, carrying a pile of heavy books in close to her chest. It was a rather large pile, and she can barely see above it. I'm already handicapped as it is. she thought to herself and her inability to walk without tripping on this body, but no--- a big shipping of books just came out and the supervisor wants it all in the shelves as soon as possible. Sighing to herself, she continued to count.

Six. Seven. Eight---

"Al, look out!" a coworker's voice half shouted in alarm.

Huh? Surprised, she blinked as she stepped on a small leatherbound book lying on the stairs. It caused her to slide a little, lose her balance and slip, screaming as she was going to fall down to the next landing. For a moment she was confused what to do, and then she figured: Wings! She unfurled her wings from her back and managed to stay afloat by hovering in her place, and then slowly easing herself on the ground. Her coworker walked towards her, looking a little worried. “Are you alright?” she asked before staring at the culprit book. “What’s this doing here? That’s dangerous!”

She replied awkwardly as she started picking up the books she dropped. “Yeah. Please take care of it, ehehehe.”

“Will do! Ah, let me help you.” Her coworker knelt down on the floor, and then suddenly made a hiss of pain as she stared at her hand, blood pouring out in a small wound on her palm. Something was glittering on her hands, fairy dust. Panicking, Allanah immediately retracted her wings. “I-I’m sorry! It’s my fault, please don’t bother to help, I’ll be alright.”

The woman made a small amused look as she stood up and patted her back. “For a person who has lived a good century, you’re pretty sloppy on your own body. Grow up, Al.”

She made an embarrassed and sheepish smile. “Yeah…”

As soon as her coworker left, the smile drained from her lips as she took a deep breath. Her deep breath immediately turned into coughs. She placed her right hand in her mouth to cover it, and when she pulled the hand back, there it was. Blood. Sighing, she pulled out a handkerchief and wiped it off, placing the cloth back inside her pocket. She picked up all the books and started walking down the stairs again. Nine. Ten. Eleven. Twelve…

It took a while until she reached the first floor, and when she did, she smiled brightly with relief. At least all she has to do now was to put these books in their respective shelves. Walking aisle to aisle, she saw the part of the shelves she was looking for, but then there it was: a woman who seemed to be rather agitated, talking to a man she had seen around here a couple of times now. " She felt a little awkward, but she walked past anyway, murmuring. “Please excuse me.” She placed the books on the ground and knelt beside the man, putting the books carefully in their respective places.

Jocasta felt the hairs on the back of her neck bristle. "You don't get it, do you?" she hissed under her breath. Suddenly, a young woman intruded. Jocasta stepped out of the way to let her place the books back where they belonged. She snapped her attention to Kaleo. "I won't argue any further. You've made your decision. Be aware." Just as Jocasta turned around, her eyes flashed red once more, then she left without even speaking to the young woman. She couldn't be there any longer. It was difficult talking to him, much less asking him to do a simple task to keep him safe. He would find himself in trouble soon if he didn't look out for himself. She knew this because there was nothing she could do to stop the monster inside her and should this continue, she knew she wouldn't be able to hold back. It was simply part of her nature.

@Monster the Vamelfaer @Revelree

Kaleo -Library -First Floor
Kaleo rolled his eyes at Jocasta, not particularly caring that she was walking away in a huff. Oh, I get it alright. You'd rather cower from the light than stand up and fight. Too afraid to see who you truly are to run the risk of getting a scar.

Kaleo was about to go back to his own business himself until he looked at the paper again. His eyes softened. I shouldn't leave it like this though. I can't just allow Fear to grow.

Kaleo picked up the pen again, quickly writing more words before following after her, not having even noticed the librarian girl. Once he caught up, Kaleo tapped Jocasta on the shoulder and handed her the note. His eyes were earnest as he held it out to her.

I know you fear your own ability, but let me offer you some stability. I am familiar with how Fear works, and I know it gets worse when your troubles you shirk. I've learned to combat the beast inside. I'll show you how, if you drop your pride.

Jocasta, Away from Recreational Hall

Jocasta barely made it down the street before Kaleo's blood reached her again and she felt a tap on her shoulder, even after she hastily tried to remove herself from his sight. She glared at Kaleo, then snatched up the paper from his hand. She unfolded the note and stared at his handwriting. "What a bunch of nonsense. You aren't even a vampire," Jocasta muttered. She tore up the paper and tossed it at Kaleo's feet, then turned to stare at him, her eyes cold and unfeeling. "You will never understand what it feels like. You can't help me, not even if you tried." She took a step back and gave Kaleo a sweet smile, mocking his want to help her. "Just stay away from me and everyone will be fine." She reached out to pinch his cheeks, then turned away and continued to walk once more.

Back