Ame Damnee The Sanctuary

Maric Vakarian - Sanctuary

He chuckled a bit at Wroth's words. "I'd rather have you drunk with your memories than sober without them. It's good to have you back, big guy." He said, genuinely happy to see him. His grin grew wide as Xena blushed at his proposal earlier, it made him giddy beyond belief to know that he could still embarrass her like that, and she was just oh so cute when she blushed. He took a seat next to the kid as he rambled on about his love for the stories of the Harbingers, and how they felt like an actual family.

"Ok so first off, what's your name kid? I don't want to have to call you that the whole time. Second, you want to be a part of our family? I can understand that its rough growing up an orphan, but are sure about that? Our family's pretty fucked up. Thirdly, if your answer to that is yes, do you think you can handle what we dish out? You've read the stories, you know what we can do, and shit's about to hit the fan once again, this isn't a game for kids, you sure you're ready for that?" He was sizing the kid up, he wasn't at all convinced that he could keep up with the rest of them, Ryuna and Wroth especially, but he owed the kid a fair shot.

Brynhild Nyman-Sanctuary, Parlour
Bryn smiled at the boy before following Xena into the parlour. Once she was certain they had the privacy, she turned to Xena. "I have too many questions in the short time that we have but some of them can be answered later if we survive what's to come. Xena, these memories that came from the old Sloth have intruded my mind and made me come to see you and the others like family even though we haven't traded many words until now...my question is, what was the old Sloth like?" She just had to know and seeing how Xena treated the others, Bryn thought that Xena would be the best one to ask. Wroth had only gotten his memories back and she didn't know a lick of anything about Maric besides what she remembered and to be honest, she couldn't judge yet if he was still the same Lust or has changed like Xena visibly had. "I just...from what I know...and have witnessed, he was one treated with indifference but...I'm not even sure if I'm right in that assumption. I'm not sure about anything." Bryn spilled, her hands reaching for her head as she shook it lightly.

Andrew
The Sanctuary

"Uuuhh.." Andrew did not expect this conversation to turn to... This. He had always entertained the thought of going on adventures and meeting up with the Harbingers, not knowing what to expect when first meeting them. But this. This felt like a job interview. All eyes seemed to be on him as he tried to find the words, he never felt he was good with words despite his articulate nature he would always feel like he said something wrong or something stupid that made him seem like an ass. "A. Andrew! S..Sir. Andrew Shepherd." He had given himself that last name just for the sake of having something that would seem like he belonged to a group. "No disrespect...Master Maric." He bowed showing his respect. "But what I meant by family, well.... I could never kill someone. Not even to save my own life." He admitted not with shame but with some hesitation. "On the family. Sorry for trailing off by the way. Maric. Ah. Sir." He folded his arms on his lap not really wanting to look them both in the eye. "I.... Was talking more in... A spiritual sense. Like... I was... O god I'm confusing you aren't I." He face palmed, his cheeks glowing red.

Wroth
The Sanctuary

"Yeaaah. You haven't thought this whole thing through." Walking up to Andrew and Maric, grabbing a seat and having the back face his chest Wroth's gaze was not harsh or neutral but... Amused? "Despite the meekness" And server self-doubt issues. "And unwillingness to kill. I think you can hang with us. For now at least." Feeling that he would have to explain his feeling he only pointed to the gauntlet. "If you can survive our tower and get a powerful artifact like that, then you at least have a strong will to live."

Ryuna, The Sanctuary

The fox perked her ears as she blinked at the boy who was wearing something she was sure she had seen before, only flatten to her head at his fanboy squealing. Damn that hurt her head some. As attention was drawn to the boy who claimed to be a fan she slowly facepalmed and shook her head.

She felt like a disapproving mother as she crossed her arms and listened to all the information flowing back and forth between Sins and the kid. Her golden eyes were narrowed in an unamused glare. Her large nine fluffy tails swished back and forth slightly in annoyance. It wasn’t till he stated something about being a New Eden orphan did she step forward and put her hand on his head and make him look her in the eyes --well after Pride and the new member of the Harbingers slipped off to chat.

“Mrs. Dandy took care of you from time to time?” Her golden gaze was one that was meant to draw the truth from the belly of any man. She wanted to know if this kid was one she had perhaps saved when she thought herself just a good person who was simply different from all those around her. She pulled away when she realized she was reverting to old habits, “Forget it. It doesn’t matter any ways.”

“Don’t fanboy over Pride. She has Lust to keep her company not to mention a rather loyal boy. As for the other girl. Don’t think about it unless you want Gluttony there to eat you alive,” She moved away then, “Wroth, I will help get rid of Legion if you will do something for me.”

Maric's eye twitched slightly as Andrew insisted on calling him, sir. It was a term of respect that felt foreign to his ears, he'd always preferred more intimate titles to thrust upon his conquests. His brow also raised as Wroth pointed to the boy's gauntlet, claiming it as not only a powerful artifact from the tower that the Harbingers once called home, but also the proof he needed to see that the kid could handle the dangers of being around the sins.

"Alright, Andrew, you can drop the 'sir' business, ok? It's a major turn off for me to be called that even in the most platonic of relationships. So Wroth, are you saying that the gauntlet this kid picked up was one of either Alma's or your brother's creations? Speaking of Alma, have you and Bryn met Rayen yet? He's the new greed, stopped by after that pawn of Lucifer's with the white hair appeared and stabbed my guts out. He's a nice guy, nothing like that crazy old loon." Maric said with a nostalgic chuckle as he remembered Alma. A grumpy old man who was fiercely protective of Xena, oh how Maric enjoyed the rise he would get out of the man when he caught Maric and Xena in one of their private escapades. He never thought he'd miss Alma this much.

Wroth
The sanctuary

Now it was Wroth who raised an eyebrow at Maric, he already met the new sin of Greed not too long ago, in fact, Wroth figured that Rayen had been following him and Brynhild. But the pawn of Lucifer was something he had not expected. "Yes and No." He said plainly. "Yes, I have met Rayen, although he might be more like Alma than we know. A new sin gains the memory, and bits of personality from the original... Or did you forget?" Looking almost amused now but his body language still told that he was tense. Wroth was next to the person who had broken his heart and brutally tormented him in his prison, he hoped the tenseness seemed to be more from the news of one of Lucifers minions than possibly being weary of Maric. "And No I did not know of Lucifer's minions being present since I was possibly asleep." Now Wroth looked and sounded like he was angry. "Why didn't you tell me about one of his dogs was here in Abbadon, when I first arrived!?" He got up from his possession pacing as if to control himself. "Forget it!" His mood seemed almost Bipolar he did not want to bring up how he spent the last 300 years, but when things came to Lucifer he was easy to anger. Especially if they hurt one of his family. "Forget it..." Rubbing his temple. "I'm glad your still alive."

Andrew looked scared at first when Ryuna put her hand on his head thinking that he was about to lose it because he angered her. But when he looked at her he realized who she was. "Auntie Luna?"

Andrew
The sanctuary

The words came out devoid of thought, the nick name some Orphans called her, he looked at the Kitsune in wonder. Could it be? I mean she looks like Auntie Luna. The Illustrations had looked like her too. I thought that was a coincidence, she even mentioned Mrs. Dandy.... Yes! Yes! Auntie Luna was part of the Harbingers!!.... She doesn't seem to recognize me. In truth, he was used to many people not reconizing him even some... Aquaintances. He didn't have any real friends. But Auntie Luna always was nice to him, since the first day he met her.

It was a terrible day he was getting bullied like usual both being called names, someone destroying the detailed drawing of him and possible parents... When it got physical he usually didn't act, it shamed him deeply but he was scared to fight back. But on this day, he was forced to. He was just minding his own business stretching his wings, they resembled the starry night sky and from time to time he got complimented on them. But someone was jealous of them. Managed to get a couple other of the bullies to gang up on him, at first it was like usual, a Punch, a kick, and a rope burn here and there... Then he felt someone tug at his wings. It hurt so much, so much their laughter only seemed to make it worse as on kept pulling and pulling until. He ripped a small part of Andrew's wing off. The screams he gave were so violent that it drowned out the bullies laughter, though it could have also been the pollen that shut them up.

He was crying at the well, alone. He felt so helpless, so Violated, so alone. Until he felt a hand on his shoulder and looked into her kind face, the first instinct he had than was to latch onto her and cry.

"Hey!" He was called out of his stupor by Wroth looking at him. "I was asking how you managed to get that Gauntlet."

Andrew shook his head. He must have been daydreaming again. "O. Sorry about that." He said sheeply. "It's a long story. But can I ask something?"

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary - Parlor

Xena nodded thoughtfully as she led her to the chair to sit, mulling the question over for a moment. What was the old Sloth like? "The Old Sloth... Raziel. You are right: he was never the kind of person who is friendly with anybody. He is silent, indifferent. He never bothered getting along with other harbingers, neither did he care. I can count on how fingers how many times I've talked to him back in the old times, and it was always me who started the conversation." she shrugged. "But you know, despite being very lazy, in a sense, he always seemed to be rather observant. He doesn't talk much, but he was never outdated on what's going on around him. He knows a lot. So much so that I was a little suspicious of him, to be honest." She paused for a moment, before looking back on Bryn. "Does that satisfy your curiosity? Why did you ask anyway, Bryn?"

Ryuna, The Sanctuary

She tilted her head at being called ‘Auntie Luna’. Hell she was glad most of the kids didn’t call her that any more. Frowning slightly she let a tail coil around the boy’s waist, “Har-har,” She mocked, “Don’t call me that again dear child if you wish to keep all your toes,” The gentle twinkle in her golden gaze let him know though that she was simply messing with him at this point.

“I recognize you a little but I have lived many years and so it takes me a while to remember the face more clearly,” She removed her tail from his waist and moved to sit down again, “I’m sure you are a faery boy who had his wing torn by a few jealous humans who couldn’t understand why only faeries and angels could fly,” She gave a sigh as she looked to Wroth, “He could learn a thing or two from you. Mainly not to be such a pushover. Fight back. Get mad when someone hurts you. Not that I can teach you anything about feeling.”

He felt the area that Zaraa had stabbed him in ache a little with phantom pain, seeming to be a reminder not to trifle with her. It was a pain Maric planned to ignore some day. At Wroth's inquiry Maric's brow furrowed. "It was the white haired bitch that we found choking on nothing, remember? Though I think Legion might've taken over when she revealed that nugget of information. Then he ran away with you to beat up my friend and I was too emotionally unstable to think about bringing it up, then Ryuna showed up and, well after that isn't important. Anyway, the bitch told us that she had a connection to Lucifer that she was trying to break free of. When I informed her of Lucifer's backstabbing nature, she stabbed me, so I'm guessing she's still a loyal dog." He spat the words with venom, clearly still furious at her nonsensical actions.

Meanwhile Ryuna was having a conversation with the boy, they seemed to share a connection from their lives in New Eden. Maric marveled at how small of a world Terrestria really was, when she mentioned someone teaching Andrew about feelings. Maric seized the opportunity. "Don't worry, Ryuna. I can handle teaching little Andrew here about feelings, especially puberty, you'll probably need it considering the look you were giving Bryn and Xena earlier." His mood seemed to be shifting more without Xena's presence in the room, a sensation he found odd given the fact that he's never stayed shifted to one person for this long before. It was something new.

Andrew
The sanctuary

He didn't flinch when Auntie Luna wrapped her tails around him, a number of times she did that with him and other children were too many to count. Though he did when he saw the twinkle in her eye. Not, because of the playful threat, although he did wonder if she would make due on it if his tongue kept slipping but he somehow got into his head that she was flirting with him on some level. It felt soo wrong. He always saw her as something of, well An Aunt, and while Incest wasn't that big a deal in these part and they were not blood-related in the slightest. He still had to fight back a cringe of disgust at that little thought. "..Sure." Although he did not have the ears of a fox he felt them flatten at Ryuna's words. Stinging like a horde of wasps into him and the worst part was, she was right.

If he didn't know any better he would have guessed that his fever was coming back, his face turning hot at Maric's words. Especially that little stinger about puberty. "I'm 160 years old..." He said quietly but with some anger. He knew they were joking... At least he hoped they were. But he did not like being messed with like this, it reminded him of several incidences in where he either was the butt of the joke or being taunted by bandits chasing him intend to kill him.

"Question?" Wroth broke Andrew out of another daydream, his face seemed annoyed yet not hostile. "You zone out often, don't you?" His features was that like an inquisitive father. "Sure I'll answer any questions you have. After you tell us how you got that gauntlet." His tone was friendly yet it held a finalization that Andrew wasn't about to try and disobey.

Andrew's face paled a little as he swallowed a knot down his throat, the memories of that...Hellish place was something he needed to prepare for.Taking a full minute of just breathing calmly and playing with a small vial of his own pollen he finally opened his eyes, he was ready. "It was 40 years ago... I just left a settlement about 666 miles away from Abbadon... Ironic I know." He chuckled darkly as he continued. "A violent storm seemed to appear out of nowhere. I was deep in some forest, I didn't know the name, trying to find some kind of sanctuary be it a cave or maybe a little hut. Imagine my surprise when I saw an enormous tower in the middle of nowhere." It was truly a terrifying and awe-inspiring sight. "Even from the outside I could feel dark and ancient power within, If it was any other day I would have just left ... But the storm was getting worse and I figured my senses could prepare me for the worse." Oh, hindsight you cruel bitch. "I wasn't...I don't want to make this too much longer. So I'll abridge it. I wonder through the tower because of curiosity and found so many, horrible things, including magically enhanced golems, dimensional magics, A massive amalgamation of bones and blades, and this. " He touched the gauntlet. "The room I found it in seemed more like a massive laboratory.... And... O god." A cold washed over him freezing his blood from head to toe. He wished his memory was terrible, it had brought him nothing but pain and torment. Being reminded of that place. He could recall the smell of expired potions poisoning the air with unholy rot, the light green glow of the room that held massive tubes that seemed more like veins of a massive sick creature, the feeling of helplessness and realizing how small he really was, but most of all... He would never forget the horrors of what he saw when he attained Aegis, several abominations several where great soft jelly things, seeming to be smoothly rounded, with pulsing white holes filled by where their eyes should be, Rubbery, appendages that looked to be arms; bulks rounding down into legless humps of slippery surfaces. He was quite for a long time. "I think. I'm done, with explaining."

Wroth
The sanctuary

It was rare for a sin to show sympathy especially when they wanted more information. But Wroth's perspectives has expanded over the years, having more empathy for the boy. "That is fine... I believe you've said more than enough right now." Turning over to Maric his expression hard to pin down but his tone had some sorrow in it. "The Aegis is something both Alma and Legion worked on together... To my knowledge, they have only worked together 3 times. I know of the Aegis because they needed my strength to mold the magic, it was part of their... Imagination army. Weapons that had omni-purposeful uses but at the same time only being one thing, Aegis is a shield yet it can do things other shields can't. It depends on the imagination of the user on how it is used." A sad smirk crossed his lips. "Legion had a passion for imagination, even more than knowledge... Now. Legion doesn't have either." His fist tightened as his face grew darker. "Lucifer will suffer." His voice had an echo to it as if he wasn't from this world.

Ryuna, The Sanctuary

The fox may not be able to feel emotions but she was pretty damn good in this day and age at picking up on the ones other beings put out. Her ear flattened back against her head as her gaze became somewhat fiery, “Oi. No. Bad faery boy. Don’t even think that thought. Or you will find out very very quickly what it means to be castrated, clear?”

Her tone had little difference but it was clearly just due to the fact that she was stuck wondering what was wrong with the world that the kid before her even thought she was sexually attracted to him. She thought about point out the fact that not even the greatest lover in the world Maric the Sin of Lust could get her into bed. She sighed and ran a hand through her long black hair. Her gaze shifted to Wroth, “The tower isn’t hard to get to if one isn’t looking out for it. But getting in and getting out…” She tilted her head, “Impressive and even more so that you went into that freak’s domain.”

A shiver traveled her body causing the fur of her tails to stand on end for a moment. She was lucky her magic made it possible for her to keep away from Alma. Where Lucifer picked that one up from she would never know. A blue flamed fox the size of the typical mouse appeared floating in the air in front of her. It ran around as if being chased by some unseen predator. A moment later it ran from the building slipping through the door as if it was never there. It was a spell that would keep watch out for Lucifer. She had been here for too long as it was and he might decide he was tired of lurking.

"Speak little of him or you may end up calling him to us. I'm not strong enough yet to fight him off. Plus that leads me to what I needed to ask of you Wroth," She looked at the male, "If I should fall, devour my soul before he can get his hands on it or this world will never be the same as it is now."

Brynhild Nyman- Sanctuary, Parlour
"It does. I just...I needed to know. I feel traces of a personality that isn't mine, the urge to not want to feel anything and with everything that's going on, I'm afraid I'm going mad. Nothing against you or Maric or any of the other Harbingers but it bothers me that I care for you as family when I barely know you. I mean things are as they are and I will continue to care for you guys, I just....I'm losing me. I'm losing Brynhild underneath being the new Sloth and underneath harbouring some of Legion's power."
she sighed as tears welled up, blurring her vision of Xena. "These memories aren't mine, they were made in someone else life, those Raziel's eyes but..." she trailed, swiping at her eyes furiously before the tears could fall. She didn't want to cry now, not in front of Xena. "I don't question why this has happened for I believe in fate but...I don't truly know what I question." she sighed before glancing up at Pride."I never knew until now how fickle being yourself can be, for all I know I could become just like this Raziel, an empty, observant shell of few words and no emotions. I'm sorry, you didn't hear all of this."

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary - Parlor

Xena smiled sadly as she held Bryn's hands, gently. "You don't need to overthink this Bryn. I understand, being suddenly given with all these responsibilities and problems must be hard... but you don't need to pressure yourself over it. I perfectly remember the time the old Pride synced into me, it's always a rather disorienting experience, but one thing you have to understand is that whatever personality traits the last Sloth has been trying to attach into yours... you can reject it. You can fight against it. And you can be yourself, Bryn. Don't let the title define you."

She took a deep breath and chuckled. "You see, I have always hated Pride above all the other harbingers, back when I was just the last Greed's apprentice. The fact that I was the one who ended her probably helped, made it clear in my head why exactly I will not be that kind of irritatingly arrogant person. But you're different. You never met Raziel, you never knew him well, so that must have been why you feel so confused." She met her eyes, her gaze soft and gentle. "You see... you can't be like Raziel. After all, you and Wroth share a bond now. Raziel never bothered to interact with anyone. But you... you called me. You are talking to me. That's something only Brynhild will do, right?"

He listened intently as Wroth explained the purpose of the Aegis, a magical shield created in a rare instance of two mad geniuses working together. It would be a useful tool to have for when Legion finally bursts out of Wroth's head. He felt some pity for Wroth, the pain of his brother's suffering and the inevitability of his demise was weighing heavily enough on the poor guy before he got his memories back, now it seemed like the pain was increased ten-fold. Maric put a hand on Wroth's clenched fist, giving a comforting squeeze. "He certainly will, but one problem at a time. Ok, big guy?"

He'd smirked slightly at Ryuna's chastising of the boy, his flustered look towards the beautiful kitsune only serving to prove his point about puberty. The long lived races always seemed to suffer its misfortune for far longer than should be necessary. At Ryuna's suggestion that Wroth devour her soul should she perish to Lucifer, Maric got to his feet, eyes wide with shock. "Devour your soul?! Ryuna, do you understand what that will do to you? It's hard enough killing Legion because, for all his faults, he's still family, much like Bryn, Rayen, and the new Wrath are, but for you to allow him to sacrifice your soul, it means that you don't come back, you don't reincarnate, and we lose one of our family forever. Is that what you want? To be completely erased from existence?!" He questioned her harshly, much harsher than he intended, his emotions were raging inside at the prospect of losing a close friend forever.

Wroth
The sanctuary

The moment Maric grabbed his fist, even as gently as he did, Wroth tensed up even more. Maric seemed to have no idea of what Wroth was going through, maybe a thin concept of it. The idea of killing Legion even after all the years in torment, even after seeing and feeling his own brother's pure might and cruelty through the eyes of others. He could not hate him. Or even be mad at him. They were to half of the same coin linked together closer than any other being, two souls that were once a single entity of unimaginable power. They were one. They were Legion, Wroth and most of all. They where Nemesis. He would have to kill himself in order to save himself and others. "If he was to come and slay me, he would face the monster he created." His tone had barely restrained fury in it, his eyes seeming to glow a little as a dark-white light seemed to be seeping out of his body.

"If I should fall, devour my soul before he can get his hands on it or this world will never be the same as it is now."

That snapped him out of his rage, his eyes widening at what she just suggested to him. "You truly are a mad creature." He said almost in awe at her ludicrous idea. Even Andrew seemed to be shocked beyond all recognition. "Are you out of your mind!?" The first time he ever raised his voice in this entire conversation, Andrew couldn't believe what he was hearing from her. True he wasn't a creature of spirit but he was still a faery, and a faery are one of the closest beings to magic in the world. "What? Why? What on earth is going on that you would risk your very existence!? Look I know if you die you'll possibly pass onto hell... But. To destroy everything you are. Where! That seems like a fate worse than damnation!"

An epiphany formed at those words. What would happen if they killed Legion? Eyes widen as he turned away blocking out some of the arguing that was sparked. He had never thought of what would happen, could Legion somehow be reincarnated? Or would Lucifer take his brother's soul? Would he have to destroy Legion's soul? That last thought made Wroth go white. No... He couldn't. He wouldn't! Turning around at speed that defined his mass he pointed a clawed finger just inches away from Ryuna's face. "If I am to become the Destroyer again I need you to promise something!" He wasn't going to take any other offer if she decided against it. Well than Lucifer can have her soul! "When Legion is destroyed can you make him one with the earth?" The question seemed to hang in the air, Wroth's presence seeming to hold an authority that his other self the one without his memories didn't have. "I will not let him rot in any pit of hell and I will not allow Aditi to 'Mother' him for all eternity!" It all came back, Legion and Wroth didn't just hate Lucifer. They hated all the gods of this world, as they interfered with Wroth and Legion. Destiny wasn't going to hold down the Deva's.

Andrew
The sanctuary

He stood as still as a statue when Wroth spoke. It was a voice that demanded respect and had the power behind it to garner respect. This was all still insane, maybe they were insane... Hell, maybe he was insane. He viewed them all as Idols despite their horrific acts and even now, after talking with them and seeing how far some of them would go and how dark the road seemed to be for them. He still viewed them as such, and he still loved Auntie Luna. Even if she claimed she could not feel any emotion. "There hast to be another way... I.. I don't know what exactly is going on. But you shouldn't talk like this is the only way." Passion started to take hold of his voice. "You are the Harbingers! Beings that could rival the Etherals and Envoys themselves, you have the brains." Points to Maric. "Brawn." Wroth "and.... Ruthlessness." Ryuna. His tone was saddened having to call her ruthless, even if she didn't care. "If you need power... I can maybe help." His hands started to glow a small light-blue color. "It might not be much, but maybe it can tip the scales a little." A beam of energy fired out of his fingers straight at Wroth.

Wroth didn't have time to dodge as he was struck by the light. Yet he did not feel any kind of pain or sickness or anything that inhibited anything, in fact, he felt stronger. And stronger, the more the beam shined on him the stronger he seemed to get. The light stopped rushing forwards little beads of sweat dropping from Andrews face as Wroth had a blue light surrounding him, electricity danced across his form as for the third time in 5 minutes his eyes widen. His strength had just jumped several folds so much so he felt almost like his old self again. "All from just that short amount of times?" His tone was impressed as he seemed to almost forget about the severity of the argument.

Ryuna, The Sanctuary

Her highly sensitive ears flattened to hide in her hair while her hands came up to cover them, “EARS!” She yelled at them in what could only be described as sharp and quick rage, “More over stop letting your emotions out of their bloody box,” She hiss at Lust who start to yell at her first. She understood what it was that made them hate her suggesting all of this but she sighed softly and heard them out.

Family. There it was again. Her gaze softened, “Lustie, I… I’m not like you or even Wroth. When I die there is no place my soul will go. Yes Lucifer can claim it even Aditi can do that much,” Another sigh, “Alright. Storytime. Go get the girls Andy it’s best they hear this as well.”

Returning to her seat she rubbed her chest where the mark that proved she wasn’t like the other laid forever a part of her. Had she ever told any one about her true self? She tried to remember when Wroth’s finger and his growling words came into focus before her eyes, “That’s an easy enough request but you should be aware. Binding his soul to the earth will take a little time and it will also mean that if you fail to devour my soul before Lucifer completes his plan that he will suffer in a way that is unlike anything you can imagine. He won’t be defenseless by any means but it takes time for a bound spirit to master their magic when they no longer have a physical form like a body that can move about.”

Her eyes softened more for the man before her, “I promise you this though. It will give this world a chance even if you fail,” She reached up and took that hand in her own and pulled the male towards her so she and he were nearly face to face, “Don’t let go of your hate for me. For this is all my fault,” With that she kissed him gently on the forehead and let him go, “I don’t need your magic nor power merely for you to believe that I exist.”

Wroth
The sanctuary

Recoiled and growled at the kiss. "Keep doing that and I might not let go." A bit of humor was in his tone more for him than anyone else. Looking over to Andrew who seemed to still be in a dumbstruck state of disbelief, though a quick little pat on his back snapped him out of it. "Don't worry about the girls, they don't bite. Much." Humor was the best way to deal with certain situations true you can sometimes come off as a fool or tone deaf. And he might very well be at this moment. Yet it's what has kept him sane after 300 years, from the outside world, in the mind time has no meaning so to him, it was even longer than that.

Andrew
The sanctuary

Jumped at the feeling of a large hand slamming into his back, it made him slide coincidently into the door that the two females had gone through causing a loud thud. "Ow!" He yelped rubbing his back where a bruise in the form of Wroth's hand started to form. "You didn't have to hit me..." He said meekly.

A bit of red that almost wasn't noticeable form on Wroth's face. "Uh, Sorry about that. Guess I'm a little rusty at controlling my strength." Scratching his nose as he said that.

Andrew sighed, he didn't really seem mad just low. Knocking not loud enough to seem rude but enough to be heard if they were talking. I hope they believe in the phrase don't shoot the messenger. "Hello!" He hoped they heard. "Aunt... Ryuna. Wanted me to tell you that she needs to tell you something.... And that she wants Wroth to eat her soul." He hoped that last one got their attention.

Brynhild Nyman- Sanctuary
Bryn looked up at the little fanboy from before interrupting their conversation. She had a least one more question for Xena before re-joining the group but at the mention of Ryuna wanting Wroth to eat her soul, that worried her to know end. Without a second's hesitation, she jumped up and rushed pass Andrew, gently, before rejoining the others. "What's this about eating souls?" is the first thing she said, glancing between Wroth and Ryuna with a worried gaze before remembering that the boy had said Ryuna wanting to talk to them about something. "Sorry." she muttered before plopping down on the floor next to Ryuna.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

Xena raised an eyebrow on the boy. Aunt Ryuna? It was the first time that she had heard anyone refer to her by that name. As generic as he had seemed in the beginning, this guy probably isn't your average harbinger fanatic. Perhaps he was a person from Ryuna's past? Not unlikely. But it was his next statements that gave her a pause, a spark of interest, as she followed Bryn out of the parlor, smiling a little at Andrew. "Thank you." she simply told him, walking past as she then regarded the rest of the her comrades.

"What's this about eating souls?" Bryn had asked, as she rested on the floor next to the kitsune. Xena crossed her arms and studied Wroth and Ryuna intently for a moment, before speaking out, glancing at the latter. "Ryuna, I assume you can survive without a soul? Regardless, I don't see any reason why..." she trailed off, remembering the way Ryuna did not have any memories of them back at the Necropolis, only regaining it after she came in contact with her necklace. The way the necklace glowed in her presence, it was the soul yearning for its body. The bond to be one again. To the others, Wroth eating her soul would probably be met with certain disapproval, but Xena would rather examine this option some more. Ryuna would not offer it unless she believes it is necessary, after all.

"Explain yourself." she muttered. "Souls are a fragile and limited resource. I would know. The soul residing in my body at this moment is not even my own. I would not tolerate some bullshit tale about self sacrifice. We have already lost much... too much. "

He felt his anxieties quickly die down once Xena reentered the room. He felt an urgent need to be next to her and quickly moved to stand by her side. He raised an eyebrow at his actions, feeling slightly off in some way, but that was a thought to focus on later. "Sorry about the ears, Ryuna." He said sincerely, having forgotten how sensitive they were to noise.

"Ryuna thinks she's gonna have to fight our old boss at some point, and if she fails she wants Wroth to devour her soul before he can get his hands on it. No reincarnation, the sin of Envy will be wiped away for good. I hope this story of yours is good, Ryuna because right now I'm not very inclined to let you go down this path." He said, his voice serious and almost father-like, it was odd to fall back into the role of mediator within the Harbingers, but he was slowly getting the hang of it again.

Back