Ame Damnee The Sanctuary

Legion
The sanctuary (Red mental scape)

"..... No tea." He said almost sounding hurt yet there was a hint of sarcasm in his voice. The castle started to rumble again, more violently this time. "Wise idea." Looking up his hair still covering his entire body, he had no time to waste on pointless arguments. "Your consciousness has been manifested into my mental scape. I just want to talk to someone before....." Another rumbling, dust and pebbles fell from above. The violent shaking was enough to throw Legion from his throne and land on hard on the ground. "hhm..." Long boney hands barely supported his weight his silver hair no longer hiding his form. His face looked ancient, though instead of wrinkles long red cracks covered his face and body some of his skin was flaking off, his body was more like a skeleton the stomach looking almost nonexistent, and his eyes, if he still had them, where dark voids that seemed to stretch into eternity. "Look... Away." No word could really articulate how humiliated he was to have her see him so.... Weak. He was supposed to be a supreme life form, a God in all intents and purposes. And he was this... But then again what did his pride do him now? "I didn't bring you here to tease you, I didn't force you here to hurt or corrupt you." He got up shaking under his own weight. "Sister..." He said abruptly. "You have my blood... The power you hold is great. But incomplete. Complete the circle, become more than flesh, more than a Mer succubus or Kitsune!" The rumblings got worse, Legion could barely hold his footing almost falling over a couple of times but using sure will-power alone he stood. "Wroth... You need Wroth, he is the key to complete the circle...." Red lines started to seep into the castle, eating away the rock and steel as if it was a cancer eroding everything away.

Maric Vakarian - Sanctuary

Maric kneeled down hovering over the unconscious body of Bryn, his thoughts a panicked and jumbled mess. This was exactly what he didn't want happening and he had no idea of how to stop it. The whites of her rolled back eyes were chilling him to the bone. "Wroth, I need you to talk to me, buddy. What's happening? Should we intervene? What the fuck do we do?" He was breathing heavily, trying to get a hold on his emotions, he was normally the most composed of the bunch but now he couldn't keep any of his emotions in check.

Wroth
The Sanctuary

"NO!!" It sounded more like a roar than a shout."No one does anything!" He eyed everyone in the room, his face teeming with Aggravation and frustration over the entire situation. Wroth quickly kneeled down parallel to Maric over Brynhild's corpse-like body. "Her mind is gone.... her fate is in Legion's hands now. Damn it!!" His fists shattered the floor next to him, his teeth were gritted so tight that it seemed like they would shatter at any moment. Was he cursed to lose someone else he loved over the sins of the past? He then gently picked up her head with one arm looking over her and hoping that whatever was going on in the mindscape, Brynhild would make it out.

The shadow of legion wasn't moving at all, seeming to be in the same trance-like state Brynhild was in, The blue fire crackling on its black form seemed to give him a more otherworldly look. Though to those with special awareness could see the flames on his body where slowly.... Changing. And not just the flames. Some parts of his shadowy figure where starting to crack, revealing red lines of taint and corruption.

Andrew
The sanctuary

Finally able to stand he balanced himself on the wall, out of breath from the psychic battering ram that was aimed at his Diaphram. It felt like he was on fire, sweating profusely and face going red he felt useless, though he really should be used to that feeling by now. "Argh.." Some of the vials on his person were either cracked or broken, all were filled to the brim with pollen from his own wings. luckily his own pollen didn't effect him though the glass did cut into the skin. The people around him, however, did not have the same immunities, thinking fast Andrew summoned three spheres from his gauntlet. "Stand back please." He asked Ryuna before the three tangerine sized balls formed a triangle above Andrew's head and instantaneously a light blue barrier formed around him cutting off the pollen cloud that was forming.

Brynhild Nyman- Sanctuary
Bryn did not look away as he requested, only staring down at the weak form that was Legion. Inwardly, she was freaking out, her mind had been played with too much in the past couple of days and this had about pushed her to the brink but she didn't let it show as she stony gaze glared at Legion. "Complete the circle? Sister? What are you going on about?" she looked around, the crumbling of this...place, the red lines. "Wroth's hold is weakening, isn't it? These are signs to you being released soon, right? This is more important to me, bringing you to your knees since you are threatening Xena, Maric...your brother, myself. You want to kill us, I felt when you spoke, yet you call me sister. Answer yourself while there's time. I have your blood but I need Wroth's? What?" she went on and on, the anger growing in her voice as she stepped closer to his weak frame. What it would be to wring his throat while she could..but that would go against her warrior blood and morals. That would not be honourable, to try and fight someone she pitied at this moment.

Ryuna, The Sanctuary

The fox was quickly becoming aware of a sense of dread that hung in the air so thick it was tangible. Her ears flattened as she became annoyed. Her gaze took in the things around them. The still bodies of Bryn and the shadow, the injured faery boy who was trying to contain vials of pollen and the worried faces of all others. A sigh escaped her as her flames seemed to shift before vanishing. To hell she decided.

“Wroth. What do you feel at this moment?” She couldn’t understand it but she asked any ways, “She’s just a woman another will fill her shoes the moment she dies. Someone will fill all of our shoes when we die. There will be another Legion in the future just as there will be another me.”

Her golden gaze softened slightly, “Relax and look inward to find what is going on. Perhaps there is more than one way to skin a cat.”

That gaze shifted to Andrew, “Little Andy boy,” She sighed as she stared down at him before crouching before his little barrier, “I know why you threw this up but it matters little,” She traces a finger over the glossy surface, “Come out or I’ll drag you out.”

Her eyes became wide as she glanced back at Wroth and the others, “Drag you out…” One could see the wheels of thought turning in her head as she gave a smile, “Hey Wroth. Why don’t we switch. I’ll take Legion inside me. It may buy us some time.”

After all like these two she could house souls and drag them from their vessels. If she could grasp Legion’s soul she could keep his feed on the energy that was herself and bind him to the earth should she become the portal.

Legion
The sanctuary

Anger and fear growing in the pit of his stomach, Bynhilds questions were understandable but he only had so much time right now. normally he would have hidden his emotions for the sake of his own pride but as said before, what good is pride to the dying? "Shut up and listen!" It was weak yet hard and full of emotion. "This." Motioning to the red lines closing in like demonic snakes. "Is the reason why you fight the inevitable, this taint is devouring my mind like a cancer. Soon there will be nothing but rage, and hate, and blood-lust." He suddenly got up and looked her straight in the eyes with his sunken in holes, slowly advancing towards her as parts of the castle break off and start to show the outside void creeping inside wanting to consume the last bits of purity. "Xena, Maric, Wroth, and you." He stopped just inches from her face, so close they could feel each other's breaths. It seemed like he was debating with himself over what he would do next. He had always said that he was the perfect being and could never have use for any other companionship besides his brother.... And yet. He suddenly hugged Brynhild. "I never wanted this." He whispered into her ear, some tears starting to drip on her shoulder. It was something that he would never do something that showed weakness and powerlessness. "I never wanted to hurt them. Or you. I don't have time left to explain the blood." The castle starts to become nothing as parts of it are thrown into the ever-hungering red. "Wroth will explain everything. Tell them that they do not face Legion when the time comes, tell them he was dead when you left, Tell them they face." The platform they stood on was devoured. "Death. The destroyer of worlds." Legion pushed Brynhld away her mental image moving at the speed of thought was quickly pushed out of his mental scape and into her own body again.

Wroth
The sanctuary

Wroth's eyes were covered by darkness the moment Ryuna spoke her peace, placing Byrnhilds head down gently he walked towards Ryuna. his moments were controlled and almost ghost like. The moment he was face to face with her, his hand shoot out and gripped her the neck. "You want to know what I'm feeling right now?" He said almost sounding interested, the veins on his arms popping out from his hold. "Ok. I'll enlighten you since you always seem to be so blind. I feel worry because I love that woman, I feel aggravation because everything up to now has been endless torment and anticipation for when I must kill someone else I love. Absolutely Livid! At your constant apathetic comments!" He roared that last one in her face making sure to directly yell it into her O, so sensitive ears.

Suddenly the barrier around Andrew warped around Wroth's hands, the energy slowly spreading his grip on Ryuna. "Kid. I like you, so I'm going to give you a warning." He glared at Andrew who looked terrified yet determined. "Don't interfere again." Wroth finally lets go of Ryuna his look was dark and full of his own apathy. "She's not worth it." His hate rekindled and he was reminded why he hated her. "No. Despite what Legion has become I will never let him be absorbed into you."

Andrew
The sanctuary

His eyes were fixed on Wroth as if he was an angry bear just about to attack again, But when he was a safe distance away Andrew let out a breath. "An- Ryuna. Are you ok? I have some healing potions... Maybe one of them isn't broken." He went through his bag his vision clouded with white and black clouds that was his pollen inside the barrier.

He looked to Maric his expression tired. "Is it always like this?" He felt the joke might have been a little inappropriate right now but maybe some levity is what this scene needed. His gaze turned to the shadow. It was definitely spooky and the malice he felt gave him goose bumps, and yet he couldn't help but be excited about it this was Lady Legion!... Though it seems like the book got the gender wrong, with everyone here using male pronouns. That was something to get use to and to suppress for one reason or another. Legion was always his favorite, he loved the others just as much sure, but Legion had some kinda mystery about her/him what is she? why did she burn so many villages? Ok that one was always a stupid question she/he could have just been harbingering, but something about the Village burnings felt... Off. Would she/he like him?...A thought seeming to form from the pollen clouds of Legion swooning over Andrew. Blushing and waving his arms wildly to scatter that thought he huffed. I think I've got to cut down on the pollen! Yeah that's it, Its not like he/she would be interested in a loser like me. He warped the energy field around him again opening a small door for him to quickly jump out. Some pollen stuck to his clothing but as long as no one touched him it would hurt anything.

His eyes grew cold as Wroth's hand gripped Ryuna's throat. His emotions were too heightened to get an objective answer on what he should do in the moment, but just as he was about to stand and drain Wroth's arm dry to make him let go of the kitsune, Andrew stepped in, his magic distracting the Deva's fury long enough to let Ryuna go. As Andrew made his jest to Maric, the incubus gave him a death glare indicating just how inappropriate his joke was before softening his face slightly sorrowful. "No. We had squabbles here and there, some more than others, but the good times outweighed the bad. These days it seems to be the exact opposite."

He noticed the shadow seem to recede slightly from Bryn and assumed the worst was over for now. Bryn was still breathing so all that was left was to wait for her to awaken. Maric stood, his eyes cold again and addressed Wroth, his voice calm yet firm. "You both occupy the polar opposites of the emotional spectrum currently. Ryuna is the epitome of apathy and with 300 years of torture combined with all this, you're nothing but pure emotion, Wroth. Neither of you is fit to make a truly objective decision on the situation."

His tone grew soft again, this time gentle coaxing the Deva to see reason. "You made Ryuna promise you to merge Legion's soul to the earth remember? I'm only making an assumption here, but it's possible that transferring Legion over to her will delay his resurrection and make the process of binding him to said earth easier enough for Ryuna to perform that we may need not fight him at all. No blood is spilt and everyone gets what they want. Wroth, I know how fucked up you are right now, but this is for the best, for us and for Legion. Please, let her take the burden off your shoulders, if not for us, then for Legion."

Ryuna, The Sanctuary

It surprised her slightly when the angry male stormed over to her and threw his hand about her slender throat. Her eyes widened slightly before she relaxed in the hold. It would be worse for her if she fought against him. His grasp felt hot as fire against her flesh. Her ears flattened at the sound of him so close. His heart as it pounded his chest, his breath as it sawed past his clenched teeth and that booming voice. It all made her ears ring. Part of her wanted to rip him a new asshole while another part --that part that had let her care for the children of the orphanage for so long-- longed to wrap him in a cocoon of her tails and sing him to sleep.
His words were true and they stuck in her mind like flies in honey. This male before her hated her with a passion that was unlike any other. She closed her eyes. When had she become the monster the deva saw when he closed his eyes? Why? She fought to find that answer in the crevices of her mind but couldn’t. Her eyes flew open as warmth that made her fur stand on end enveloped her that hand around her neck letting go.

“She’s not worth it.”

Her heart sank at that. She wished on some level she could feel that heartbreak for real instead of simply knowing that was how she should feel. Once the Deva moved away, the fox turned on the male who stepped in between them. The faery would regret getting between the deva and her shortly as her hand reached out in a flash to grab him by the shirt collar and hauled him up the wall with one hand, “You are truly an idiot. I don’t care what you think you were doing, NEVER get between any of them and me again! I can’t worry for your well being like I used to. Death is something that won’t touch me,” Her free hand came up quickly the claws looked deadlier somehow as she tore the laces of the corset she wore. She lifted the helm of the shirt up to take in her teeth.

What came next wasn’t for the weak of stomach. Her claws sliced through the taut flesh of her stomach plunging in to pull a bit of intestine out. The expression on her face was all too calm for this. In the depths of her eyes one could see a hint of the pain she felt. It wasn’t pain from the torture she put herself through but for the fact she couldn’t feel it. Letting go of the boy and letting her shirt fall back into place she turned away. She covered the wound with a hand and made her way over to a chair. Sitting down so she was facing away she began putting her body back together. She was a monster that was to be feared.

Bryn was tossed away from Legion but it didn't changing the haunting feeling of his embrace or the phantom dampness of his tears...his tears. Everything that was said to her in the time she spent in his conciousness only rendered her more confused. She wanted to hate him, but she saw with her own eyes his corruption. He loved them, she could hear it in the broken voice that was Legion and she couldn't help the feeling of anger she felt towards him wash away.

Everything that was going on around the Sanctuary slowly came back to her, muffled at first. While voices were heard, the words were jarbled, everything hard for her to make out. "...transferring Legion over to her will delay his resurrection and make the process of binding him to said earth easier enough for Ryuna to perform that we may need not fight him at all. " She grasped onto those words, like a rope that brought her back too the world of the living.

Too late. Too late.
"No, it's too late." Bryn slowly sat up, in time to see Ryuna rip out her intestines. She stared at the kitsune with a dead gaze, her eyes seeming to burn for some reason as she looked at everyone. "Doesn't matter who holds him, doesn't matter what binds him....it's too late." Bryn said, glancing up at Wroth, tears streaming down her face. "He didn't want this, Legion didn't want this. He cried," she paused, her hand reaching her shoulder, touching where she felt the tears as if it had seared into her flesh. "because he didn't want this to happen. What we face when he comes isn't Legion, he said what we face is Death...Destroyer of Worlds. Everything I saw was crumbling, falling apart so even if It were to work for Ryuna to hold Legion, it wouldn't matter. He's coming and we have to face him." Turning to Maric, she stood and beckoned him to follow her to the parlour. "You wanted to talk, let's talk. I want to take Wroth out of the Sanctuary as soon as possible. There's something..." she trailed off, rubbing at her eye a bit. The burning sensation seemed to only grow but she spoke nothing of it as she walked to the parlour.

Xena Mythriel Alv'yon
The Sanctuary

Xena watched the scene unfold before her... and sighed. It was almost depressing how the Sanctuary, once the most peaceful place in all of Abaddon, was now by far the most dangerous, especially with all these powerful beings around. Emotions were swirling around the place, enough to overwhelm her. Anger, regret, surprise, love, sorrow... all mixing together into this sickly concoction of feelings that made her skin tingle. There was a reason she used to go to her room every time someone starts a fight back in the old days, but today there was no place nor reason to run away. Things have passed by on a blur, from Bryn's fainting to Wroth's attack on Ryuna, to Ryuna hurting herself. Xena made a step towards them and murmured. "Please stop."

Light seem to emerge from the spot she stepped on, surrounding the group in huge circle of light on the floor. The light seemed to bathe Ryuna, Andrew and Bryn the most. It was a trick Alma had thought her to heal multiple people at once, a trick to create a thin film of her power over the area. Although the healing process will be a little bit more slowly than if she touched then directly, it would still heal them in time. But there was another reason why she decided to heal them this way. Healing magic always starts with relaxation, calming down the body to start the healing process. She didn't know if it would work though, but it will hopefully stop everyone from getting even more agitated. She closed her eyes, feeling for Bryn's heartbeat. It was regular now, more stable. She turned to Wroth. "Bryn will wake up in a couple of moments. She is alright. Please calm down, Wroth. Nothing good comes off from rage. So please... I know it's hard. I could feel the conflict and pain you are going through, but it's kind of annoying." she made a small smile at that, showing that she did not really mean it, but was only trying to lighten the mood. She then looked at everyone else. "Please refrain from hurting people just because you have a healer handy." she said, staring at Ryuna. "Even yourself."

It was then that Bryn stirred to wake. When she did, she was crying. Talking about Legion, talking about how he cried. Legion... crying? It was such an alien concept. Legion never cried nor show vulnerablity before. As Bryn walked to the parlor, she smiled at Maric, encouraging him to follow her, although she has no idea what the two were going to talk about.

"Wroth." she muttered, staring at him once again. "Are you absolutely sure there is no way to save Legion? If there is... I want to help. Legion and I... we never got along well. But..." she remembered the Legion she had met before she had remembered herself as Pride. Confused, but lusting for destruction... it was a pitiful sight. "Legion is the biggest victim to all of this. True enough, maybe he is a necessary sacrifice to keep peace in Terrestria, but when did the harbingers ever wanted peace?" her lips twitched, before sighing sadly. "Personally... I just wanted to keep my family intact. The world could burn for all I care."

She stepped closer towards Wroth. Meeting his eyes, trying to talk to the person within. "Legion." she muttered. "If Taran had managed to pull a soulless me back into this world... then maybe, just maybe, there's also a way to save you. Crying doesn't suit the Legion I remember. You may not hear me right now, but Legion... I don't hate you. I hate the monster Lucifer made of you, but I don't hate you. That's why... keep holding on... please."

Maric let out an exasperated sigh as Bryn proceeded to shoot down yet another of his ideas and asked him to follow her to the parlor. Now was hardly the appropriate time for the talk he had in mind but he supposed that he probably wouldn't get another chance before Legion emerged. Xena's smile eased his mind and after giving her a kiss on the forehead he whispered, "Don't let Wroth and Ryuna kill each other, love." Before heading after Brynhild, missing Xena's gentle lecture to Wroth.

He took a seat in one of the chairs and invited Bryn to sit across from him. His elbows rested on his knees and his hands clasped together as he became lost in thought for a moment. "I'd hoped to have a conversation like this under less hectic circumstances." He said, pinching the bridge of his nose to ward off an incoming headache. "I've honestly got no idea where to begin. I suppose I should start with why I wanted to talk in the first place."

"You see, Raziel, the last Sloth, he was never close to anybody in the Harbingers. I tried to keep on good terms with everyone in the group, even Ryuna, if her little nickname for me hadn't tipped you off." He smiled a bit at Ryuna's name for him, 'Lustie'. "But Raziel, I could never figure him out, never move our relationship past 'professional', and it's been eating away at me since he died. He was one of us and yet I hardly knew him, I don't want to make that same mistake again, Brynhild." His eyes were filled with regret as he gazed at her.

"With no options to defeat Legion other than me taking enough energy away for you to finish him off, there's a chance I might not survive this fight. If it comes to that, I'd at least like to go out with one memory of the new Sloth. I'd like for us to be friends. So... tell me a bit about yourself, Bryn. You've the body of a warrior and the level-head of a tactician. It's rare to find a combination that powerful in anyone, and its a trait I certainly admire. I'd like to know more about where these qualities came from."

Wroth
The sanctuary

Maric had pushed Wroth too far this time. Despite his words of bitter honey, he tried to drain him with that cold expression, Wroth wasn't as prideful as Xena or Legion but he wasn't going to take Maric's shit any longer. Luckily it didn't come to any physical blows, Brynhild's eyes returned to normal and her breathing was as strong as ever he could almost jump for joy, though Ryuna gutting herself and Andrew's sobs of fear and confusion brought him back to the reality of the situation.

"He didn't want this, Legion didn't want this. He cried"

His eyes could not have been wider and his face couldn't have looked more miserable. "W-what?" His voice sounded distant his heartbeat felt more and more painful his throat becoming so tight that it felt like he was suffocating. Why? Why can't I have a break from this!? Is this my punishment for all the evil I did?..... Maybe I do deserve this. But yet, no one truly deserves this! He couldn't take much more of this, if this kept up he might very well unleash his pent up stress and rage upon Abbadon. It was then Xena whispered gently to him, despite them not being lovers and his mental state. She always did seem to pour enough water on his fire. "Xena. I want to say yes. I want to proclaim it on the highest mountain in the land, I want ever facet of nature and beyond to know that there is still a chance he can be saved..... Right now reality is crueler than Lucifer could ever be. I'm not sure it's possible." She than begin trying to reach out for Legion, calling out to his soul trying to reach for what seemed to be an impossibly far twinkle of light in this darkness.

The Shadow began to move again. The blue flames still coating its shadowy form, it placed a trembling hand was placed on Xena's shoulder and turned her around with a sudden yank. Wroth was so caught up in his thoughts he almost forgot that the shadow was in the room. Red cracked lines covered the shadows form, the eyes had vertical cracks that made it look as if Legion was crying blood.

Legion (Death)
The sanctuary

A voice, an omnipresent voice was audible to everyone inside the room and possibly outside due to the sudden sounds of dogs barking and cats hissing. "Nothing is left...." A sudden hurricane seemed to explode across the room, windows torn open by pure force, Glass shattering into several thousand pieces, paper and equipment was flying wildly around the room, all was caught in a tornado of psychic and magic energy that seemed to be growing more violent by the second, It wasn't just in the sanctuary outside their was violent winds kicking up rocks, grabeddirt, garbage, and even some animals, all the clocks within a 5 mile radius were spinning wildly, and most damning of all was the sudden aura of malice grabbed the awe of those with darkness in their hearts.

Legion stood in the center of this his shadowy form cracking and bubbling, the blue flames now turned crimson started to wrap around his body giving him an even more ethereal look and making him seem like he was from the deepest depths of hell. His limbs cracked and twisted becoming longer his right knuckle grew to resemble an ebony blade with some stains of red, his chest sunk in and then bulged, the stomach was stretching open farther and farther until it finally split dark ichor mixed with tainted red and blots of silverish purple poured out the area that was split open revealed a massive amber iris surrounded by darkness, his faced twisted and split a maw with razor sharp-shadowed teeth accompanied with the sounds of cracking bones as his face elongated outwards his horns fusing together becoming longer and thicker the biological cowl that was around his shoulders started to grow several eyes of burning amber, 6 spider-like nubs exploded out his back each segment having a glowing ruby of chaotic energy that pulsed, dark ichor from parts of his shadowy form took into the wind storm painting the walls and the people in the room, The tail smashed down over and over again on the wooden floor not shattering it due to somehow not existing in the physical, plain the tail bent and grew a large scythe at the end of it dripping with blood.

The transformation ended with a deafening cry of agony, fear, and the all too familiar sound of death. Soon a physical and mental roar spat hatred to all that lived... What stood before the group was not the same Legion that they had always known, its form was too demonic in appearance to be associated with the strange yet elegant form of before, its eyes held not even a speck of intelligence only raw animalistic hatred and violence was all that was left. Dark energy fomed from its jaws as it looked intently at Xena, Wroth, Ryuna and Andrew. It reached for Xena first, but was stopped when Wroth with his hand covered in that strange mist grasped the long dripping arm. It started to absorb the demonic shadow back into his form. It kicked, and Bellowed, and screeched, trying to use its long claws to either keep itself in this physical plain or to lash out at the people in the room.

Andrew
The sanctuary

He almost puked at Ryuna gutting herself and felt his legs gave out when the creature that was supposedly Legion started to go berzerk and change into... This monstrosity. Yet as the shadow was being absorbed into the bulky man Andrew couldn't help but feel. Pity for the creature, despite it clearly marking them all for death. Guess no turning back now I suppose.

Brynhild sat down and looked at Maric for a moment before answering his question. "I am...well, was a Gladiator. I grew up knowing almost nothing else but fighting because of my father. I...fought all of my life, having to learn how to fight to live once I became a Gladiator for it was always the last for the one who lost. It was brutal," she shrugged, "but it was home, my only home." She shook her head at the words Maric said about the possibility of his timing with Legion, bringing her mind back to the issue at hand. "Maric, I already count you as a friend. Raziel, he could've have care less to talk and converse with you guys but that didn't mean he didn't care. He had the feelings of fondness that became my own." she stood and patted his shoulder. "I consider you family, I hope you do as well." she said softly. "I do have a question for you, what is the Circle of Sanct---" The commotion from the Sanctuary cut her off, making her run out of the parlour for the second time that day. She stepped out unsure of what exactly was going on, rubbing her eyes a bit as she watched on.

Looking at Maric and back at the creature who was being absorbed. "Maric, do you think you could take some of that energy out now or would that put Wroth in harm's way..." she trailed, glancing at Wroth as she asked this. She knew it was Legion but she couldn't name whatever form he was in but she could tell by the struggling that Legion was slowly down the absorption somewhat. "At least weaken him enough...or would that be pointless?" she shook her head. "If it isn't, Maric you will use me as cover to get close to Legion. If this is something we can do..."

Maric smiled as she called him a friend, only to hear the unholy screech of a monster. Maric was certain of who it belonged to. He approached the area cautiously as Bryn ran ahead. Looking in he saw what remained of Legion's form being absorbed into Wroth. "If this current form of his is corporeal then I can drain him. I just need you to protect me from any of his stray limbs that might attack me." He saw her nod and then moved in to deal with the threat.

He kept Bryn in front of him, and when he thought he was close enough, struck his hand out to grasp at Legion's wailing throat. To his shock, his hand flew right through Legion, as if the monster was a spirit. He could only clench his fist in frustration before looking to Bryn and shaking his head, indicating that their plan was pointless. "I'm not even going to ask how you're holding onto him, Wroth. All I know is that if I cant touch Legion, then I cant drain him. Since no one has approved a better plan, that's what we're going with, that's all I have left to say on this discussion." He looked at Bryn, his eyes a bit softer, "Take care of him." And then went out into the garden to try and clear his head.

Ryuna, The Sanctuary

The healing warmth that reached out and tried to add in healing her was rejected quickly as the fox used her magic to teleport out of the building and well away from the others. She found herself sitting high in a tree outside of the building. Her gaze was hazy as she tried to figure out why all the events drained her of the will and power to get even the slightest bit angry with these beings. Some part of her knew it was because she loved them as only someone who had watched them grow and change into what they were today. A parent of sorts but one that could just as easily kill them for getting in her way.

“I hope you are pleased, Lucifer, you have broken my soul as no other could. You placed the holy grail before my face and made sure I could never taste the ambrosia it held,” She leaned back and closed her eyes, “What I wouldn’t give to end this torment.”

Her hand moved from her stomach to show the pink scars where had once been bleeding open flesh. She always healed quickly flesh wounds. Bones took a little longer entire limbs took up to a week. Sighing she glared up at the night sky, “When will it all end?”

Xena Mythriel Alv'yon
The Sanctuary

After everything, Xena made a huge sigh.

The Sanctuary was in chaos. Shattered windows, paperwork thrown around, simply from that small appearance Legion made. It was fast and heartbreaking. The way Legion held her shoulder with trembling hands, the way the being was something so unlike his previous smug and elegance. Without a word, she kneeled down and started picking up the papers. Some of the glass cut her skin but the cuts were gone as soon as it appeared. That's the convenient thing about having self-healing abilities. She could only wish that it extended onto the pain in her heart, the despair and hopelessness seeping into the cracks of her confidence. Is there really no way? No way to save Legion? Will Legion die as a monster he didn't want to be? It was just... sad. So sad.

Standing up, she gave the others in the room an uneasy smile, especially Wroth. "It's probably better if we try to... take care of Legion somewhere else. The Sanctuary is a gift from Taran. I would hate for it to suffer more damage... if only to honor his memory."

Wroth
The sanctuary

He didn't move for a long time, after Legion was absorbed back.... No. Not Legion that abomination wasn't his brother. It was. Death the destroyer.

Outside there was pandemonium. It seems the sanctuary wasn't the only location in a bit of ruin, the aura from the transformation seemed to invigorate those with malice in their hearts into going on an anarchist spree of violence though only those with a weak will-power, it would seem those more intelligent figured it would be best to keep those urges in check if just because the guards. Andrew seemed to also notice the change in the atmosphere around Abbadon. Almost like a poison had infected everything around it as even those decent folk of the city's heartbeats seemed erratic with fear and an almost despair for what was to come.

"Yeah." He spoke at last his tone oddly determined as was his face. "I should go before.... I don't know the moon falls on my head." Everything was going to shit and yet, he felt. Calm. Like a weight had been lifted off his chest it might have been madness or some understanding of what's to come, all he knew right now was that, when that thing came out. He would know for certain it wasn't his brother. "I'll be at the tavern if you all need me.. I think I'm going to spend alot of my time there, until.... 22 hours.... Prepare what you have to." With that he left the sanctuary.

Andrew
The sanctuary

Faeries are the closest being to magic in the world, by virtue of that they are able to tell the amount of magic and what affinity it is.... He had never felt so much dark energy in his life. Not even a town full of demonic sorcerers could come close to what he felt. And it was only this creature's natural output. His eyes then suddenly went wide in realization. He had to fight that fucking thing!!

Sure many would say he could just pack up and leave, act like this never happened though there were two problems with that line of thinking. One he finally met the Harbingers bar Wrath and he wasn't going to miss an opportunity to fight along side them... Even though he was useless in a battle and could only offer defense and a short power boost... Going on second, sorry he knows he rambles. The way that creature looked at him. It marked him for death so if it did kill the Harbingers it might come after Andrew next, the only way he could have closure is if he was helping them. And speaking of helping.

He used 2 of his Aegis spheres to form a small barrier around some glass shards picking them up and lifting them in a safely concealed light-blue bubble. He than began picking up some of the strune about papers. "This is the least I can do to help." He said with a sad smile.

Brynhild Nyman-Sanctuary
Bryn looked around, sparing a glance at Xena and Andrew before silently heading after Wroth to the tavern. A drink did sound good right about now, Aditi only knows how shit will go once Legion escapes from Wroth in a handful of time. As she walked to the tavern, she thought about what Legion said to her, on completing the circle and needing Wroth's blood. It all confused her and she needed these answers, and it seemed to be that Wroth was the only one to answer her questions. With a sigh, she rubbed her eyes and quickened her pace.

Andrew
The sanctuary

Andrew had never felt more awkward in his life. He just met the Harbingers, his long-time idols. Despite how crazy that sounded given their history of violence and debauchery. And they were all ass-holes.... Ok, he did expect them to be less than socially normal and that he would only get maybe 3 seconds of talking before they either killed him horribly or torture him until he is a lifeless shell of his former self.... Actually, he might correct himself and say that they are all 'sorta' ass-holes.

Wroth was an emotional wreck that could fly off at any minute, Auntie Luna turned out to be an immortal sociopath, Despite her kind demeanor he could tell Xena would castrate him or worse if he said or did something wrong, Maric wouldn't hesitate to drain his life-force he even tried to drain Wroth, The new one Byrnhild seemed like the only one with an actual conscious so he might list her as a 'maybe ass-hole', And that shadow..... It didn't just want to kill him. It wanted to erase him from existence, to make him suffer oblivion. And that seemed worse than anything else he could imagine. A cold shiver ran down his spine at the thought, he decided to focus on helping Xena clean.

Using all his orbs he formed energy bubbles around anything that was shattered and lifted them to an outside trash that wasn't blown over, and anything that was toppled over he propped up and straightened with that same energy field. Yeah, this was helping him to forget about those negatives. Everyone has a bad day, so maybe that's why his idols seemed so off right now. Yeah.... It's a shame he never got to meet Legion. Although it might have been super awkward since he thought Legion was a lady..... A lady he wanted to... Oh god.

His face went red at the thought. Why is my brain so tone deaf right now!? Oh God, Oh God!! His back was to Xena as he facepalmed and he prayed to all the divine powers int he world that she didn't see him being such a hormonal ass-hole. Maybe I should just let them kill me. At least that way they wouldn't have to deal with my constant boofunery. He put a book back into the correct order as the other palm was covering his face.

Xena Mythriel Alv'yon
The Sanctuary

Suddenly, soft laughter filled the air. Xena didn't bother to hide her amusement as she saw Andrew in the corner, covering his blushing face. His heart was overwhelmed with embarrassment, she could tell. Why, she could not fathom. Regardless, she laughed, finding this small bit of amusement almost relieving, especially with the emotional turmoil that has gone through the Sanctuary just moments ago.

"What's the matter?" she asked, kindly, like the noblewoman healer she was would. With that expression, no one would be able to tell she used to dissect people alive for a living. "Ah... Have I introduced myself? Pardon my manners, things have been... harsh. But, I assume you know me already, right?" After all, if Errol had recognized her as Pride from her looks alone, Andrew who was a big fan could probably already tell.

Back