Ame Damnee The Sanctuary

Andrew
The sanctuary

He turned his head, face still red and his palm was unfacepalmed. "Oh it's nothing!" His voice cracked a little, despite his thoughts of the harbingers just a minute ago he was still flustered when they addressed him. "My mind tends to wonder a lot and well after everything that has happened I tend to over think thing and my brain start to pull certain tricks that make me seem more of a fool than I already am my masters before thought it was because I was so empty headed that my head just fills with a bunch of useless junk they were all assholes alchemists that kicked me out due to constant mistakes and well this has nothing to do with my stupid sexy thoughts.... Gahh!" He covered his face again. He just made a fool of himself, again.

"S-Sorry. I tend to ramble when I'm nervous." Managing to look her face to face when she introduced herself. "Yes!" A little bit of excitement in his voice. "Some of the stories involving pride where unfinished in my book." Held up the rather large black leather book. Opening it to an illustration of her. The drawing was spot on catching her hair color, eyes color, body shape and even a crown with the symbol of her sin. "But The drawing looks too much like you." He said regaining some composure hoping that she would not bring up the topic of 'Sexy thoughts'

Maric Vakarian - Sanctuary Gardens

His time spent in the garden had only given rise to more questions. As soon as he went outside, he could feel pressure encroaching on his brain, as if he were entering a sort of withdrawal. It was then that he realized that he was going through withdrawal. Because of the nature of his powers, being shifted to Xena's personality means that he needs to be close to her aura or his body will start to break down. He wondered to himself why his personality shifting power came with such a nasty side effect, why he didn't have a core personality that functioned without the power.

The realization hit him like a truck. He does have an original personality, he just cant remember what it was. In fact, all of his memories from before he became a harbinger were still missing, and until he could find them again, he couldn't leave Xena's side for long or else his body and mind would begin to deteriorate. He ran a hand through his hair, he needed to inform Xena of this new development, perhaps she could even help him remember, he knew she helped that little girl regain her site, this should be no problem.

He returned to the Sanctuary's interior, relieved to see that everyone but Andrew and Xena had left. This wasn't something he wanted the other Harbingers to worry about. Entering the room where Xena and Andrew were he gently draped his arms around her shoulders, an embrace that he desperately needed after all the drama that had just happened. "Sorry to interrupt." He said, having not realized they were in the middle of a conversation. He noticed the picture of Xena in the book and raised an eyebrow. "That drawing is really accurate Andy. Did you draw that yourself?"

Andrew
The sanctuary

"N-No. My drawings are. Rather terrible, this is just the illustrations that were already in the book." He still held up the book and his face was still a combination of nervous fan and embarrassed child. The repetition of his emotions was starting to annoy him as much as it possibly did the Harbingers... That was a depressing thought. Being annoyed with yourself, that must be a new kind of pathetic.

Still Wroth did say he could help so he would by hell or high water do his best. Despite being just a lucky fanboy that had self-esteem issues. "Sooooo." The butterflies in his belly still made his voice seem awkward. "You wanted to talk more about my abilities?" Maybe now wasn't the best time to ask why Legion has gone coo-coo.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

Xena frowned. She didn't like it that a book had her picture in it, and an accurate on too. It was then that she felt Maric's arms wrap around her, and she easily welcomed his warmth, leaning a little on his masculine frame. The two had a small conversation about the picture until Xena could not help but give an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry, Andrew, but would it be too much to ask for that page to be destroyed? It makes me uncomfortable... especially since I do not want to go back to that way of life anymore." For sure, the people she had wronged are no doubt still out there, and could easily destroy the small bit of happiness she had if they knew who and where she is. The same way that this whole thing about Legion is slowly eating away at her chances to stay and just be Abaddon's noblewoman and healer again.

She held onto Maric's arms, caressing it softly, as she continued. "I am indeed interested in your abilities as well... No need to be nervous, you know. Maric and I are probably the most friendly ones in the group. That is, when we're not torturing people." she chuckled.

Maric Vakarian - Sanctuary

The feeling of Xena's hands gliding across his arms warmed his heart, the withdrawal symptoms faded in an instant, only confirming his previous suspicions even further. That was a conversation the two of them could have without Andy, however, as he returned his attention to the conversation.

His brow furrowed a bit when Xena asked the picture to be destroyed. She was smiling, but he could hear the anxiety. He gave her a soft kiss on the cheek for comfort before returning his gaze to Andrew and the subject of his abilities. "I'm quite interested in them as well, and how they can combine with my own. I remember you saying that there was a high probability of me exploding due to an overload of energy, but my powers allow me to expel all excess energy at a rapid rate, is it possible to enhance that part of my powers as well so that I don't max out my power storage and explode? Or are you certain I'll just wind up dead if we try this?"

Andrew
The sanctuary

"WHAT!?" He held the book protectively close as if it were his child. "You can't destroy this it has sentimental values! It got me through the times I was in Oblitus! It..." He realized who he was talking with really quickly and changed his tone accordingly. "So-Sorry!" His voice was frantic with excitement and a little bit of fear for either the book or his life.... Though the book was more important than a faery fanboy. "I know another way, too, um. Make sure that the page is not seen by anyone else. An alchemic potion that I know how to make." Though I never tried to make it before...."It can hide the page from anyone it would look like a blank to them!" At least she didn't ask him to elaborate on his stupid sexy thoughts, that might have opened up a whole new can of worms.

"A-Again.... Sorry for that... I just take my interests, very seriously." sighing deeply he figured to take this conversation elsewhere before the room absorbed anything he just said and took offense from it. "My powers don't work like that I'm afraid. It docent just increase just one aspect of someone, they have an increase in everything outside my control. Speed, strength, endurance, and even power. You might be able to take in more energy and expel a lot more than usual but, Mr's Legions energy might be too much, since you would have my own energy added with my power, you could possibly take in much more than you can burn out.... Though maybe if Mr's Legion was to burn a certain amount of energy than it could work."

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

Xena's amber eyes seemed to flash with intensity as she gave Andrew a look that was almost... irritated. But then she sighed and gave him a resigned expression. "It's your book, I know, whatever. But... I don't want to be recognized easily anymore. Living a normal life is already hard as it is." her hand tightened on Maric's. Albeit seemingly already given up, she still gave Andrew a look that clearly said: Pray to Aditi that your potion works.

Upon hearing the details about his abilities, Xena simply frowned. She really wasn't sure how she felt about this. This whole... Maric risking his life to save Legion thing. But then, this is the only way...

Maric Vakarian - The Sanctuary

Maric listened intently to Andrew's explanation, absorbing the information and processing it as quickly as he could. He felt Xena's hand tightening its grip on his and gave it a squeeze for comfort. If Andy's potion didn't work, he'd destroy the page himself. After finishing his process he smiled.

"I was hoping you'd say that it increases all aspects of my powers. There is a difference between taking energy, and having energy given to you willingly, Andrew. My body recognizes this fact and will be able to filter the energy accordingly, your energy will be stored in a different area of my body then the energy I'll be stealing from Legion. With that in mind, the only real danger will be if I drain Legion too quickly, but if that happens, my body's failsafe will activate and forcibly expel me from Legion's body. It's never happened before as far as I remember, so I cant predict what will happen to my body after I'm forced off of Legion, but I'm sure I'll be fine because...because..."

He trailed off, struggling to remember why he was so confident in the mechanics behind his abilities, he knew that someone he trusted had taught him the ways of his powers, but he couldn't recall who it was, or how long ago he was taught these lessons. His hand tightened on Xena's as a headache started to form, it seems that those memories didn't want to be found. He shook his head to regain his composure and looked back up at Andrew. "It doesn't matter, the point is, I'm certain this plan will work."

Andrew
The sanctuary

Was quietly contemplating, true there was a difference of someone receiving energy willingly and stealing it. Though Andrew had never heard of an ability to filter and store energy in the manner Maric described. Though then again. The book didn't have all the information on the Harbingers. "Sure." Was all he could say on the manner. If Maric said it could work why bother correcting him? After all Andrew has no real battle experience with his powers..... Well technically that isn't true but. Before he got lost in thought again a smooth rock flew through the broken window and nailed him on the hand hard enough to draw some blood and snap him back to reality.

"Ouch! What the hell?" rubbing his hand he grumbled. Looks like somewhere still under the dark adrenaline rush from Legion's presence. "Ok. And if you need any help with defense I can supply that in spades." The floating orbs took on the form of a giant light blue spade that covered Andrew. And not done showing off he was lifted with just a mental command.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

"Enough." Xena snapped, but then bit her lip, realizing it was probably a little too harsh for Andrew. But the thought of Maric risking his life was almost unbearable, she could not bear to hear any more details about it. It's necessary, Xena. Get ahold of yourself. she chastised herself. When she saw the blood on Andrew's hands, however, her eyes widened, the smell of rust assaulting her senses. It was then that she realized she hadn't fed in a while. Her mouth watered at the smell, but her discipline as a healer still got the better of her predatory instincts.

She shrugged out of Maric's embrace as she held out her hand towards Andrew, smiling apologetically at her earlier rudeness. "You're hurt. Let me see your hand."

Andrew
The sanctuary.

Xena's sudden outburst was enough to make Andrew lose his concentration, the shield disappearing as if never there and the young faery boy landing flat on his face. "oouf!" Nothing was hurt, he was made out of sterner stuff than what his form would suggest. But having Xena barking at him in such a harsh tone did hurt his fillings a little, even though he did deserve it. He had gotten so excited at the idea of helping out the harbingers he forgot that it might have cost one of them their life... And it was to kill a mad family member.

His ears did perk up a little at Xena's change in tone to a more polite, dignified and compassionate one. reaching out to let her take his hurt hand, nerves making it shake like he had serious arthritis. " I'm so sorry....." it was so quiet he might have not even have said a thing he was acting so much like a jackass he might have come off as a mentally challenged Buffon who would risk his own life in a war zone just to worship the ground they stood on. Worse his slip of the tongue over his crush with Legion (When he thought he was a she.... Though he was open to that sorta thing.) made things worse. Though it didn't seem like the other two noticed... Or they just didn't care because of the situation.

Ryuna, The Sanctuary

The fox opened her eyes suddenly as she panted sharply and glanced about. Where was she? Her mind raced before the sound of voices caused her to pause. Lustie and Pride were chatting with someone. Her mind couldn’t place it at first but slowly her memory of where she was and when came to her. Slipping from her perch she made her way in doors. Her eyes were dull in color and her skin seemed whiter as well. Clearly she wasn’t doing well but it was hard to tell what ailed her at this point. Moving to a chair she sat and stared at the three who chattered away.

Reaching out with her mind she tried to locate the fire foxes she had sent out earlier. None were there telling her that it was likely the failure of her magic that woke her. She needed energy again. Her eyes landed on a bit of bread. In a quick movement she snatched it then downed it just as quickly.

Xena's outburst startled Maric slightly, but then he couldn't really blame her for getting upset, if she were talking so casually about a plan that could kill her, he'd snap too. He figured the both of them could use some rest, it seemed to be a theme that whenever something major happened, they'd decompress together by sleeping in each other's arms. It would give him the perfect amount of privacy to tell her about his memory situation as well.

He felt the energy of the kitsune enter before he saw her, as Ryuna sat down on a chair near them, looking rather pale and worse for wear. "Welcome back, Ryuna. Is there anything we can get you to help your recovery? Because I think it would be wise if Xena and I left to get some rest soon, and I'd hate to leave you in this state."

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

"I'm so sorry..." Andrew murmured in a voice so small it was almost inaudible, clearly embarrassed about his actions. Xena shook her head as she took his hands gently, letting her magic heal his wounds. "No, I'm the one who should be sorry. For snapping at you." She ran her finger along his skin, checking if the wound has healed properly, and when she was sure it did, she gave Andrew a small smile. "I'm just... stressed, I guess. Our chances are a little too dire for my liking." Her expression darkened. "Getting an innocent person like you involved in our mess is also an idea I am personally not fond of. But if you can somehow give Maric any more chance to survive..." her hold tightened on his hand. "... I will be forever grateful."

It was then that Ryuna entered the Sanctuary once again. She wasn't looking too good. Xena knew, however, that any help she wants to offer may be unappreciated. Instead, she let go of Andrew's hand and gave Envy a polite smile. "You should get some rest, Ryuna. There are plenty of beds available for you. As for the food, I believe Errol left some more by the counter... feel free to indulge yourself, he's quite the cook."

Xena's glanced at Maric when she heard his intentions of getting some rest. Yes... she needed it. Unceremoniously, she suddenly tugged at his sleeve, pulling him slightly towards the door. "Maric and I are leaving." she stated. "If you guys see Errol come while I'm not around--- you know, that guy with black hair, gray eyes, wearing a black coat--- tell him I'm sorry about the damage. That should calm him down. Believe me when I say you don't want to see him get mad." an amused smile played on her lips as she started dragging Maric along. She seemed already uninterested in the two, at least until she remembered something, and gave Andrew a cheeky, albeit slightly sad, grin. "Oh, and about Legion, let us hope he survives this. I do not blame you for liking him, he is quite an attractive person, to say the least. Wouldn't you say so, Maric?" she said, giving Maric an almost teasing look, a breath of fresh air after everything that has been happening. She was no fool, she knew Maric had a thing going on with Legion back in the harbinger days. Lust will be lust, although it's a relief he's trying to change his ways now that they are committed.

Andrew
The sanctuary.

Blushing like a boy getting caught with his hands in the cookie jar, Andrew mumbled unintelligible embarrassment. This was the first time a lady has taken his hand after he left the orphanage the warmth not only from her magic but her palm made his heart beat faster with anxiety and excitement.

"... I will be forever grateful."

His heart stopped eyes widen with a little bit of surprise and child-like wonder.She would be grateful to me.... Pride would be grateful to me... He repeated again and again in his head, a smile starting to form from the idea of one of the Harbingers being grateful to such a lowly failed alchemist like him. His hand feeling better than ever after her healing.... "O shit.." He cursed in a whisper. She can't have healed his scar! I mean she is an expert at healing so she might have.... Shit shit shit shit shit. putting his hand under his shirt, he let out a sigh of relief. That scar was his badge of honor a reason for him to go on, a hope that he might be better than he already was. If he could escape that hell hole and nab an artifact of great power that even someone like him could be a great and courageous man that would-

" I do not blame you for liking him, he is quite an attractive person."

A poker face Andrew was not, his face went scarlet as it felt like Xena finished his day dreaming thought for him. "I-I-I! It's not like! I mean sure I thought he was a lady! But I don't mind if!! O God!" He buried his face in his hands. "I knew it! You caught my stupid sexy thoughts! Damn my bi-polar brain!... Someone should just kill me. Or maybe just knock me out at least that way I won't make an utter fool of myself."

Ryuna - Sanctuary

The fox was growing tired but it was simply due to the fact that she had forgotten how taxing having a soul was. Giving a gentle yawn she shifted her gaze from grooming her hand to make sure she got all the crumbs from the bread to the group. Her ears twitched slightly before she slipped from the seat and wobbled over to the other food. It smelled good even if it was getting cold. Some part of her felt every bit like the beast she actually was at heart. She at the food with a vigor of one who had been starving for ages.

A little known fact people didn't realize was that everything someone did carried traits of them. It went unnoticed by most but to one who lived as long as she had it was plan as day. She slowed down and wiped off her lips with the back of her hand, "Tell me something, Andrew, what use is that book when it's nothing more than an opinion about the real thing? Does it compare?"

Sitting down again she continued eating. She had to build enough energy to send another look out. A small blue flame appeared and drifted off out of the room building.

Suddenly he was being tugged along by Xena out of the Sanctuary. He figured that she thought Ryuna could manage on her own with a little food. Andrew's reaction to Xena's teasing made the Incubus burst out laughing. "Kid, you gotta learn to embrace those sexy thoughts, because take it from me, they never go away. Oh, and don't worry, Legion's humanoid form was beautiful, so beautiful in fact that it was borderline androgynous, so I can see you mistaking him for a girl, but keep in mind that while the body was hot, the mind held quite the annoying superiority complex. It really gets on your nerves after a while." With that and a two finger salute, he allowed Xena to pull him the rest of the way out of the Sanctuary.

When they got outside, Maric looked at Xena with tired eyes. "When we get back to your place, there's one more thing I need to talk to you about, ok? Then we can get some rest, I promise."

Andrew
The sanctuary.

Fiddling with one of the spheres he could manifest, while pacing back and forth. Andrew felt like he was being put under the microscope. Though using his little calming down tactics he managed to respond to both of them, albeit with a cracked and clearly flustered voice. "No." He said to Ryuna. "No it docent." He held the book out, looking at the cover almost hypnotized by it. " *Sigh* This book gave me the confidence to stick to what I promised to long ago when I left Eden.... My self-esteem isn't the. It's terrible.." He finally admitted, he always tried to rise above it by sticking to his guns and actually living out in the wilds of Oblitus he thought that he had overcome it several times. But then his mind would start thinking back to the orphanage, then the alchemy failures, and the times he was humiliated out in the wild. It kept building and building until it broke him down, again and again.

He hated his photographic memory, especially when it wouldn't let him live in peace. "I won't bore you with the details of how bad.... But Let just say I get depressed easy." He folded his arms and turned his head slightly away, ashamed. "That book. I know it sounds silly but, It felt like the only real friend I ever had always telling me stories, despite how dark they were, making me laugh... Some of your accomplishments were kinda. Weird. It... Made me feel good, And I feel like I kinda owe the book for taking me this far." His stomach started to rumble a little finishing his little story. With all the excitement he had forgotten it had been 38 hours 25 minutes and 54 seconds since he last had something to eat. "Sorry." patting his belly. "Guess with all the excitement I forgot to eat." he laughed a little at that injoke. Yeah like I could ever forget something.

Ryuna - Sanctuary

The fox tossed some bread at the boy for him to eat, "Sit. I'm sure you feel as if you can't step past the walls set up around you but you can destroy them and take a your life for yourself quite easily," She leaned back slightly, "Stop depending on what you know from that book and simply observer the world around you. Remember every bit of it. Use your talents to your benefit. We all forgot to live for ourselves and that is what lead us to the point we are at now," She more so than the others in her mind but she was sure they all felt this way to some extent, "If you want to have something that will help you must look inside yourself and find it. Expand your knowledge and become greater."

She ate more food and motioned for him to come share the meal with her, "Let me add you in this," Her golden gaze was powerful unlike earlier, "They can become stronger they just have to know how to find the path."

Andrew
The sanctuary.

He looked at her in awe the great siege, envy, his sergeant auntie. She has lived a very long life, longer than any living being possibly longer than Lucifer and Aditi them selves her wisdom and knowledge was no doubt greater than most and her power if what the book recaps means her wisdom is only matched by her power. a second time his stomach bellowed for sustenance, the bread that was thrown to him was gobbled up like it a starving beast, "Th-thank you.." He managed to get out as some crumbs still visible on his face were quickly wiped off with the back of his hand. He had to fight the urge to lick them off his hand.

Sitting next to her he was skeptic about taking some more bread, but it didn't take long for hunger to kick in and join her. "How do I look into myself," he broke a piece of bread in two his eyes not really on her. "Do you mean to examine my life and see what I can do for myself?" He was a very intelligent man and had some wisdom of his own, yet right now he felt like a naive child talking to a sage.

Back