Ame Damnee The Sanctuary

Wroth
The sanctuary

He felt a tickling sensation awhile ago when he was told to close his eyes, as he opened them his chest felt. Good. seeing that her hand was covered in his blood he wondered how long it would take before she would be the one in a medical emergency. Wroth while somewhat grateful narrowed his eyes in suspicion. "What's your gain ?" He said in a calm yet firm voice. "No one's this nice without wanting something. Also;" He looked at the hand covered in blood bewildered that she did not show any signs of being burned. "why aren't you in pain? My blood burns like fire, what do you think made some of the scorch marks on the ground?" pointing out the window at the ground that was smoking and hissing from the drops of his blood.

Last edited:
Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

At his remark on her niceness Xena couldn't help but laugh. True enough, there was nothing she could gain. She just liked helping people. "Hmm... let's see, I want you to try not destroy my door any more?" she replied jokingly. As she rinsed the towel one last time in the basin, she realized he was right. His blood indeed burns like fire, as the towel has few marks of smoldering at the point where it had contact with his blood. Even the basin too. She sighed. How troublesome. She stared at her hand, turning it over and surveying her fingers, pleased that there doesn't seem to any burn marks on it. She certainly did not feel any pain. "Hmm... I'm not sure. Could be because of my protective charm." she motioned to her necklace, a keepsake of the Al'vyon household. "Or..." she continued. "It could be because my self-regenerating capabilities are enough to ward it off. I'm a healer. I am the core of my magic, thus my magic also applies to myself, continuously." she said with a warm smile. "Or, it could be both."

That was when she caught Errol's form outside the window at the corner of her eye, sneakily looking in from the garden. For a split second, Xena made a concerned look. Why is he hiding? And where is the woodworker for the door? He better not have made trouble in the Residential District. she thought, as she turned back to Wroth. "I should go to the back and dispose of this water outside before your blood bores a hole on this basin. I don't want this liquid to fall all over the floor." she needed to know what Errol is up to as well. She was about to go, but realized she did not know his name. She turned back again "I'm Xena. Xena Mythriel Al'vyon. You are?"

Wroth
The Sanctuary
"........ Wroth...." He was so confused? Why did she just want to help him ?! no one has just wanted to help him not when he was a slave or when he was forced to fight for his life in the arena or when Lilith wanted him to look after her brat. No she had to want something nothing else made any sense to Wroth! a favor! some money? ... his life? If it was the latter he wasn't going to make it easy, no try damn near impossible!

Then something else she said clicked "Door? What are you talking about?" now he did admit it was possible that he Broke her door it seemed to happen a lot around him hell he even got called in for a boring talk with one of the envoys because of his bad luck with doors.... and rocks he was told never to throw a rock into a house again on the account of the lawsuit... and the slaver he might have killed when he threw a rock into a window and through that poor bastards skull. What was he thinking about.... O the door yes. it was possible if he could remember her face. Call Wroth whatever you want an idiot, moron, gullible, fugly, mean, bad with kids, and argues with dogs. But he never forgets a face maybe the name but not the face. "I never been here before.... have i? this place is bland and forgettable however I never forget peoples faces and lady i don't remember yours."

Last edited:
Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

Xena raised an eyebrow. Her head starting piecing this together, and suddenly she had an idea of what exactly happened to this boy, and why Errol is hiding in the garden. Not quite certain what indeed had happened here though, she decided to just go with it. "Oh really? I must have been mistaken. Lots of patients coming and going, you know?" she proceeded to the back door, holding the basin in her hands. She opened it and closed it behind her, seeing Errol at the far corner of the garden looking quite disgruntled. Xena gave him a look of suspicion. "E, what is the meaning of this?"

He didn't answer. Instead he snapped at her, as well, his eyes trained on the window of Wroth's bed. "Why is that bastard here?"

She raised a finger at him. "Words." she warned. Errol sighed. She continued talking. "I thought I made myself clear that you shouldn't be violent to people anymore. The guy was badly wounded, and a bone is sticking out of his chest! What in the name of Lucifer was that?"

Errol stared at her with a determined expression. "I didn't do it."

She gave him a look.

"No, really, I didn't. He insulted you, and I must admit I got mad." he said, a little gently now. "I just gave him a bit of a warning, and I didn't realize his body will have such a strange response to it. His body did that to itself. Probably trying to get free, but---"

"Shh." she said, silencing him. "I get it, okay. But why are you hiding out in here? You're the one who altered his memories, right?" she asked, curiously.

He shrugged. "Normally, I won't have to. But he went berserk a little while ago on me. The mind is easy to manipulate, but the memories of the body is tricky. I won't risk it this early on. Not with you around."

She sighed. This has turned quite complicated. "Don't tell me you'll stay here and rot in the garden until he recovers."

He looked a little offended. "That was my plan."

Suddenly, the sounds of the fireworks resounded in the air. Xena blinked, and then realizing what those are for, she smiled, widely. "The festival! It has started. We should go..." she trailed off. "But I can't. I have a patient inside." she said, her expression deflating a little. And then she looked at Errol, and then smiled. It was an amused, and slightly sneaky smile. "E, go out."

He blinked. "Huh?"

"As a punishment for not behaving and following orders. Go meet other people, enjoy your first Ethos, and we can meet up later when Wroth has recovered."

"What? No!" he insisted.

"Are you betraying your Master's orders?" she asked, mirth dancing in her eyes.

He sighed heavily, pressing the bridge of his nose. "No... but I don't trust that boy here with you."
"Don't worry. He can barely move." she replied.
"I don't like him."
"Obviously."
"He's dangerous."
"As all in Abaddon are."
"And destructive."
"So I've seen."

They had a small staring contest. Finally, Errol muttered, in a sot voice. "But... I want to stay with you."

"And that's why I call it a punishment." she smiled. "Have fun, E."

When Errol left, Xena emptied the basin like she was supposed to, and then went back inside the Sanctuary. There was only one reason why she wanted Errol to venture on his own, and that is because he's been too dependent on her. He's been too focused on her that he couldn't care for anyone else. He needs to meet more people, be more emphatic. In a way, even with all his physical wounds healed, Errol was still her patient, and she's there to help him grow out of his own little world.

She went back to Wroth's side, taking the ointment from the bedside table. She also got some bandages for his chest. "Sorry I took so long." she said, as she proceeded to apply and wrap up his burns and wounds. Attempting small talk, she started with a smile. "Looks like the festival has begun. Did you hear the fireworks?"

Last edited:
Wroth
Sanctuary

"Who was that bastard ?!" He said looking even more paranoid. "I have really good hearing was able to hear you two love birds talk. Is your reason your helping me just to punish him and what was that about my memory ?!" Wroth was trying to get up, but his body was numb so numb it couldn't move he finally gave up... It was clear to him she wasn't going to kill him. But still he did not just think she wanted to do this from the bottom of her heart especially after hearing that, a pasty skinned cucked freak messed with his memory.... Though he wondered if he was the one that spoke to him about this Legion.

"Hay." He said in a tone trying to be polite but mostly having a harshness to it. "does the name Legion ring any bells ?"

Last edited:
Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

Xena couldn't help it. She cracked up, laughing. Oh, he had good ears alright, she'll give him that. She put her finger to her lips in a silencing motion as she smiled. "I wasn't really punishing him per se, he just needed to get out more. I mean, it's a festival, and he can't stand your presence, he might as well go out and try to enjoy himself. I don't need you to 'punish' him, he failed to bring me the replacement door too." she looked back at the doorway, where the door with the hold on it is till attached to it hinges. "I'd ask you what happened because I have no idea, but you don't have your memory at the moment, so just relax." She said, applying the ointment at his burns. "Legion?" she raised an eyebrow cautiously. "No... I've never heard of it." She finished by adding bandages around his chest and then smiled. "There you go. I've already put on a healing spell on you, it should help your wounds heal exponentially. It's strange that it's taking so long though." she frowned.

Wroth
The sanctuary

Sighed "i'm use to it." he figures she's at least not a threat but he still couldn't wrap his head around her not wanting anything. She wanted something! it was the only thing that made sense! "It happens every time I dream... seeing fire and chains....and" he didn't know how else to say this. "Wrathful dead faces... Only this time something new happened, a name that was 'spoken?' to me several minutes ago. Legion." Sighing again this time annoyed. "why am i telling you this ?! not like you can help!.... No one just wants to help me...." He soon took on a more somber tired tone.

Last edited:
Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

Hearing that, Xena frowned. "Nightmares, huh..." she trailed off. She remembered him thrashing in his bed earlier. Without warning, she put her hand on his forehead for the second time this morning... and sang. It started as a tentative tune, but then turning soft and melancholic... beautiful. She willed Wroth's body to relax, for his mind to feel better, to cast away all worries and anxiety from his subconscious that may be causing these nightmares... to no avail. There was something at the core of him, something she her magic couldn't quite pass through. She stopped singing and muttered. "That's strange. I can usually heal psychological sicknesses, like nightmares." This was true. She had healed Errol's long ago. "But there something in your head... that's not you. I don't know how to explain it. Maybe someone or something has done this to you." she smiled, warmly. "Don't worry, I'll keep you posted if I find something regarding this legion, so you should try not to worry about it for now."

Wroth
The sanctuary

Wroth looked at her bewildered. he's body had been in constant anxiety for several years now, it was the first time ever he felt calm.... No not calm but, tranquil. setting his head down he just stared up at the ceiling actually relaxing.... until he heard a voice... not the legion one but one he recognized "You little idiot! I was using you to survive in these god damned tournaments did you actually think i liked you?" a mocking laugh could be heard. "it's kill or be killed you little waste of space."

Wroth bolted up and pushed Xena to the ground, huffing "NO!!!!!" He roared rather than yelled. "EVERYONE JUST WANTS TO USE ME!! NO ONE EVER WANTS TO HELP ME JUST BECAUSE THEY LIKE ME!!"His messy hair covering his face as he began listing off. "Those slaver always pushing me around and hurting me when i couldn't do the work! Typhon tricking me to thinking we were friends! Lilith and her bastard son!" He looked at his leather bag and grabbed it. "Your just nice so i'll give you all of my money! WELL HERE!!" He threw it at her or rather 2 feet away. His face now visible the look on it wasn't angry, or insane..... But hurt and confused, as tear poured down his face. "damn it!!" he hated crying it was weak and girly. "I can't help being angry all the time.... i have fire for blood." he said randomly and his tone seeming to come from far away, shacking and eyes wide open as he slouched down to the floor. "i don't...like... being angry al-l the time."

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

By the time Wroth was finished by the outburst, tears has rolled down Xena's cheeks. She immediately brushed it away with the back of her hand. She wasn't crying because of the pain of landing on the ground, or the hurtful words Wroth has said to her, no... She was crying for his pain. The pain he must have gone through that he find it so impossible for someone to care. "I-I...!" she started with a determined look in her eyes, meeting his gaze. "I don't need the money." her voice was soft, careful. "I don't even need your recognition, or for you to be nice to me." this was true. She had dealt with a lot of patients, some of them not quite so friendly. "But... if you ever get hurt again... the sanctuary will always be open for you. So... you can come by, anytime." she said with a gentle but sad smile.

She stood up walked towards him, warily, like she was approaching a wounded animal. She placed her hand and smoothed his messy hair out of his face, looking worried. "Even if you can't stand my treatment of you, please go back to the bed. You're still quite injured, you'll hurt yourself."

Wroth
The sanctuary

Trembling he did what she said. his eyes still wide and his movements like he was possessed. "................. Keep the money miss... Xena." Not really believing what he just said but in his current state of mind, he could not correct himself. "After all. i have lots more." going under the sheets as if to hide his face from the world. He just made a grade, A fucking fool of himself.. He couldn't believe it. Did she really mean what she said? Did... she..care?

For once in possibly a long time the monster known as Wroth, the merciless and brutal guard of the Envoy lillith did not resemble the titles ascribed to him instead he looked like a sad and tired child.

Last edited:
Dareth DiValli - The Sanctuary

"PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET ME IN!", Dareth screamed in horror. He should've stayed in the tavern. There weren't so much shadows there. So much contempt and hatred. "PLEASE I'LL DO ANYTHING!"
His brain felt as if on fire, his crimson eyes seemed to burn in his skull. The voices in his head got louder and louder with each passing second. The shadows... No, the people. They're people. They were looking at him. He almost grabbed his sword. I'll butcher every single one of them if it goes on like this. He tried staying perfectly still. However then he realized something. He couldn't even think. The rationality in his mind gone. Only the voices of contempt and hatred. Dareth looked at the shadows, filled with determination. "If I must hurt someone.", his knuckles were white as he gripped his fists, "I'll DO IT.", Dareth screamed as he bashed his own head into the wall, falling to the ground unconscious.

Last edited:
Astaroth had followed this guy, who had turned out to be way more interesting than he had initially thought. He was still inside Stephano's mind and he walked up to the man. It was a pathetic sight, it really was. He had crumbled on the ground messily, his hands were bloody and dirty, and his face was contorted in sweet, sweet desperation and fear.

He ordered his servants to pick up the man. They struggled a little, but not a single sound of complaint escaped their lips. Astaroth wouldn't get himselt stained with a pathetic musicians blood. The three of them left the scene, leaving whoever opened the Sanctuary's doors to find the entrance empty.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

Xena smiled as she saw Wroth snuggled back to his bed comfortably. He looked a little bewildered, but he was now calm. At his insistence for her to take the money, she scratched her head uncomfortably. "If you insist. But... I really have no idea where to use the money for. I am a noble after all, I have enough money to live a few hundred years in luxury. But money, you know, I really have not much interest in spending. Things are more peaceful when people live simply, at least in my opinion. As she said that, she took the money and placed it on Wroth's bedside table, in case he changes his mind. "You can go to sleep if you want--"

Suddenly she heard yelling from outside. She frowned. What was that? Immediately, she stood up from her seat and peeked through the door to check, but mysteriously, no one is around.

Strange. she thought.

Wroth
Sanctuary

She might have not heard it all but Wroth did and recognized the voice, seems like the bards own mind was on fire.... Though right now Wroth didn't care he was too tired to care. Truth be told Wroth has been up for at least 3 days now.... not counting drunken naps, he always got drunk before he slept or just when he felt like it. Being drunk was very interesting for Wroth it made him feel like he was flying and make mental attacks easier for people especially that little bastard! But the main reason why he tried to get drunk is that it made the nightmares very blurry and hard to understand and sometimes. Although rare. He didn't have any dreams, just pure peaceful nothingness. Worth didn't want to sleep, he hated it but right now his eyes felt so very heavy... No...n-o......

Last edited:
Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

When Xena came back inside she glanced at Wroth. He was distressed, she could almost feel it in the air. But she could not do much about it, most unfortunately. She wasn't even really sure what he was so distressed about. Then it hit her.
Ah... the nightmares. Is there really nothing she could do about it? With Errol, his nightmares were pretty much gone, but that's because it was all in his head. Even then it took her a while, a few weeks to get rid of all his subconscious anxieties. Something is strange with Wroth's condition, something she could not quite understand. Mulling over it absentmindedly, she went to the corner of the room, where the piano is in. She sat at the stood, opening the lid, and then ran her fingers through the keys, once. It made a beautiful tune.

Then she started to play. The beautiful melody rang through the Sanctuary, filling every nook and cranny with a unique feeling, a lighthearted atmosphere. Her playing had been the reason why the Sanctuary has such a nice, peaceful feeling in its walls, why the flowers bloom so nicely and the shrubs grow tall. It's an actual sanctuary in the midst of the chaos that is Abaddon. While she played, she closed her eyes, knowing the piece by heart.

Last edited:
Wroth
Sanctuary

Wroth feel asleep at the beautiful music... he didn't want to but he did. His body laid their asleep his head poking out of the covers almost peaceful. until their was a soft nosies coming out of his mouth like air getting knocked out of him, his head was moving at a erratic pace that seemed like he was having a seizure it suddenly stopped Wroth's body like a statue... and his eyelids opened, gone was any sigh of pupils or whites ,but a deep blackness as if someone had plucked his eyes out. Soon a light, not a bright but bright enough to shine out of the blackness two in each eye the right eye was tiny like a pinpoint but the left eye was like a snakes slit and they were staring directly at Xena.

Last edited:
Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

Xena's fingers suddenly stopped. She glanced back, seeing Wroth staring at her... but it wasn't Wroth. It was something else. This strange ominous feeling... The warmth was drained out of her expression, leaving a cold, serious look. A look of disdain one would not imagine would come from such a gentle being like her.

"Who are you?" she asked, her voice sharp and hard as steel. "You are not welcome in my Sanctuary... stranger."

Wroth
Sanctuary

It did not respond, but the lips could be seen moving as if trying to give a response. For what seemed like an eternity it did not respond until it seemed to finally be able to speak..... the sound was that of an animal in pain not just a play sound either but it actually sounded like an animal. Soon other sounds came, screaming of a multitude of things animals, women, men.... and children all talking at once.... no. Not talking but sounding like something was mimicking several sounds, tones and voices at one. "DESTROY! everything!" a sound of a bear shrieking in pain came next than "WROTH.ESCAPE. failure. Link. supreme! Creation! kill." the voices grew in a higher pitch. "DESTROY!WROTH!pain. agony. MUST! destroy. Wrooooth." the head started to move in a erratic pace as if wanting to get up. "Destroy! Abbadon! Kill! no! survivors!" the squeal of a pig could be hear as well as some unrecognizable animal sounds. "LEGION!" it shrieked in a mans voice. "DESTROY! WROTH! DESTROY! ABBADON! DESTROY!! EDEN!!!" Wroth's head was moving back and forth not changing it's expression... Until it stopped and stared Xena straight in the eye and said lowly in all the voices and sounds "Leegion.Destroy. kill. yoooooou." it said not seeming to get a sadistic thrill out of what it was saying but as if it was stating a fact.

Last edited:
Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

It's that word Wroth has been talking about. Legion. Xena stood up, dignified like the noble she is, walking towards Wroth. "Leave at once!" she demanded. "You will not destroy anything here. Not now. Not ever." she said, with a determined look on her face.

Back