Ame Damnee The Sanctuary

Shiva & Morrigan Strange
Morrigan shrank away from his touch, finding the sensation unfamiliar and uncomfortable. "That's.. Comforting to hear, but this all sounds just a little.. sketchy, what would this place benefit from helping us..? Where even are we...?" Morrigan asked, finding the idea of a free cure suspicious "Nobody does anything for free.." she sighed softly, recalling the many times they had had to pay for one thing or another, be it work for food or some other trade. "..." Shiva sighed in quiet. She felt like a weight holding her sister down sometimes, being somewhat useless when it came to work. Nobody would hire a blind child, after all, forcing Morrigan to work her heart out to sustain them both. Although the idea of a cure was somewhat unbelievable, what would be the cost? "I would like to talk with this 'Xena'" Morrigan asked politely in the tone of a noble, strange considering her appearance, but revealing a small amount of their past.

Errol
The Sanctuary

The girls were obviously suspicious, especially Morrigan, careful in her young age. Errol seemed to hesitate on what to say, but he simply replied. "Xena just liked helping people. Healing them. Well... a couple of years back she saved me, bought me, attended to my wounds and welfare for weeks on end. Me, who does not have a single coin to my name." he made a small fond smile. "She didn't even want me to stay, I was the one who insisted in helping her out here to pay my debt, to be her loyal servant. I know its hard to believe but... Xena really does not have any underlying agendas when she's healing people. She simply does it."

With a small determined look that only passed on his face for a second, Errol stood up. "I... will meet her and bring her to you as soon as I am able." He nodded and smiled at the siblings, and then at Mina. "Please stay for as long as you want to. Also, there should be more scones by the counter. You can eat it all if you want to..." he trailed off. "Since I'll be going to the estate, I could cook more food." he offered. But then he seemed to notice the time, staring at the position of the sun outside. "I should get going."

And with that, he waved to them awkwardly in a farewell, as he stepped out of the Sanctuary, heading to the estate.

Mina - The Sanctuary
Mina smiled cheerfully at Errol as he left before turning her gaze to the counter where the other scones were supposed to be. "Well," Mina said to the girls, "I don't know about you two, but I'm still starving. I blame being in the desert for several days." With that, the petite woman pushed off the covers and slipped out of the bed she was in. In spite of her somewhat crass speech and mannerisms, she moved with a dancer's grace across the floor and to the counter. Mina noticed that she still didn't have any shoes, but since she wasn't in the scalding desert anymore, that hardly bothered her. She examined one of the scones briefly before sticking it in her mouth and looking around the Sanctuary, but it wasn't long before her gaze fell onto something interesting. "Oh, hello," she mumbled around the food as she knelt on the floor, studying some strange marks she found there. Burn marks? "Weird..." Mina examined the marks closely, but didn't touch them. She was so enthralled by what she was doing, it almost seemed like she completely forgot that Morrigan and Shiva were still in the room.

Shiva & Morrigan Strange
"I don't trust this.. People don't do things for free, nobody does." Morrigan whispered to herself. "You don't know that.. Keep hope." Shiva mumbled in return, sitting up. "This is my best chance of seeing again, so I'd quite like to go along with it." "I know but.. It's still dangerous, who knows what this place could be. Did you hear how unsure that person sounded? And he kept using "uncomfortable"... " Morrigan sighed, ignoring the other person in the room that appeared to be staring at the ground beneath the banquet table. "Whatever.. Not like our entire lives are just one danger after another.." Shiva scowled. Fights were rare between the two.Morrigan hopped off the bed and walked over to Mina, fuming with a small amount of anger. "What's that?" She asked in a slightly annoyed tone

Mina - The Sanctuary
For a second, Mina looked up, startled when Morrigan spoke to her, though she quickly turned her gaze back to the marks on the floor. "Burn marks on the floor. See them? Like acid. Why was there acid on the floor...?" At that, Mina stood up and practically slid over to the cupboards over the counter. She pulled open the door to one of them and started pulling out any bottles and jars she came across, glancing at each one briefly before placing it back in the cupboard where she found it. "No. No. No. Wait... No." Mina closed the cupboard before moving to the next one and continuing the process. "Acid... Acid... Nothing," she slammed the cupboard closed abruptly. "No acid in the cupboard, so why's it on the floor?"

It seemed like such a strange thing to get worked up over, and it was, but when Mina saw a question with no answer, she had to find it. She stood still for a moment, staring at the burn marks thoughtfully before she looked up again. Her hand was raised as if she was about to say something profound, but all she said was, "Garbage!" And with that, Mina rushed over to the trash can and began to rummage through it.

Errol
The Sanctuary

Errol and Xena stepped into the Sanctuary, and he immediately glanced over to where Mina was... only to realize she was not in her bed. He frowned, wondering if she had left, as he walked over to the counter and placed the food down its surface. What a shame... he was looking forward to making her say it tastes good, as much he doesn't want to admit. It was then that he heard sounds of rummaging, and he looked over behind the counter. There she was, bent over the trash can, seemingly rather excited as she looked over it. Errol could not help it, he tried to put his hand on his mouth to keep himself from laughing, but the laughter is spilling out anyways, and soon enough he was leaning on the wall and clutching his stomach tightly. When the laughter finally subsided, Errol gave her an amused look. "I didn't know you were that hungry." he teased.

***​

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

When Xena stepped into the Sanctuary, her attention was more on the two siblings Errol had mentioned. She walked towards them with a small smile, as she gave the younger one a small nod. "So... Errol told me your sister has decided to get treatment for her eyes? I thought it was an ailment from birth, but since its apparently not, there is indeed some way I might be able to do something about it. That's why---"

She was interrupted with a burst of laughter. Xena blinked in surprise, as she turned, seeing Errol clutching on his stomach, laughing. Not just chuckling, laughing. What a rare sight to see, and she could not help but smile fondly, wondering what it is he found hilarious. But then she heard someone's footsteps by the front door and she turned, with a huge smile. "Welcome---" she abruptly paused... and then made a small frown as she saw Ryuna, wearing her own clothes. Xena forced a smile. "Why are you here, Ryuna? You should be resting in the estate."

@RyunaSiege

Mina - The Sanctuary
Mina had continued to shove garbage around in the can, looking for anything that might be a likely culprit for the strange burn marks on the floor. She had just come across something interesting when she heard laughter behind her. The girl pulled the interesting object out of the trash can before turning to see Errol there, apparently laughing at her. Mina carefully clasped the object behind her back as a blush rose to her cheeks, embarrassed about being caught snooping around. "I wasn't... It's not... Look, things are weird around here, okay?!" she protested.

Ryuna, The Sanctuary

The joyful smile and greeting that was directed at her died in a fiery crash of disappointment though it didn’t seem to bother the kitsune any as she smoothed her hands over her confiscated dress and smiled, “You know green was always my favorite color,” She remarked as if she hadn’t been asked a serious question by the woman who currently looked ready to stab Ryuna if she made a wrong step, “Oh? Me?” She pointed at herself and gave an innocent wide eyed expression to Xena, “I’ve come to annoy, pester and vex till you go find that ol’ Lustie and see to it he doesn’t hurt himself. Your pouting did quite the number on him. As for me resting, I can’t really do that. If I stay in a place too long he will find me. We don’t want that happening do we?”

Her golden gaze was hard now as she moved closer to the woman and whispered to where only she could hear, “Tell me, Pride, why do I hear the name of that woman whispered among the streets of this devil ridden place? You aren’t planning anything stupid now are you, dear girl?” There was a reason the fox had protected the Plume. Aditi was still in her realm and couldn’t by any means come to this world without Ryuna and the Plume. Somehow the fox had sixth sense when it came to people wanting to fiddle with the realm of her domain. There was a sensation that was left behind each time a being from this world attempted to bridge the gaps between another realm.

It made her fur stand on end as she moved away and glanced over the other beings that littered the area. Pride’s ability to heal had always amazed the kitsune. But like all good things she was sure there was a price even if that price wasn’t in gold or gems. Finding a bit of bread she picked it up and nibbled on it. Sleep wasn’t what she needed any ways.

Her gaze found the manservant from earlier, “Who taught you how to use doors?” She murmured deciding now was a good time to pick bones about the earlier door slamming, “Thresholds and locks are living things that keep track of things you can’t possibly understand. They don’t have feelings like you but they record everything they see and hear.”

It could have just been the fox trying to make him stop and think about what he does from now on but there was a level of seriousness in her voice that would lead one to think otherwise. Popping some more bread in her mouth she turned away. Giving the man her back. She cared little after all of what he tried to do to her. It would simply lead to her going a week or two in pain as her body fixed itself.

Shiva & Morrigan Strange
"Yes.. I've never heard of a doctor that could heal blindness and it's safe to say I'm a little sceptical about it." Morrigan stated sternly, her face blank as her sister sat up once more from the bed and turned towards their general direction. The dark-haired sister let out a soft, sweet,mhigh-pitched giggle that was short-lived at the man's laughing, but quickly covered her mouth and recomposed herself before frowning at the man. They didn't seem to be particularly formal here. Shiva grinned at the sound of her sister, the laugh being noticeably higher-pitched compared to the other one before noticing a fifth person enter the room. Morrigan didn't see her relevant to the sisters and simply stood back to allow the healer to deal with her.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

Xena huffed in response to the kitsune. Especially on the line: I’ve come to annoy, pester and vex till you go find that ol’ Lustie and see to it he doesn’t hurt himself. Her? Going off to find that jerk? Not happening. Especially not now when she's still worked up about the whole kissing issue. Maybe, just maybe, she'll look for him later, but the thought of him not bothering to face her and apologize made her blood boil even further, so maybe not.

"Ol' Lustie can suck his own dick for a while. He'll survive." she deadpanned. Rarely does she use profanity, but it makes it even more clear how pissed she is when she does. Ryuna's appearance, the resulting incidents, and the feeling of familiarity to another harbinger is evidently bringing out the Pride in her. When Ryuna walked in closer and talked to her in a whisper, she could only grin. "When was I ever stupid, Ryuna? You wound me."

***​

Errol
The Sanctuary

"Uh-huh." Errol replied to Mina as he crossed his arms, still looking amused but unimpressed. "And how exactly does things being weird around here translates to "I have to go scavenge through the trash"? Please educate me." he teased further, before taking a big sigh and giving her a 'you're pretty hopeless, do you know that?' look. The girl was pretty darn goofy, maybe that was why he felt a little relaxed in her presence. He walked over and tried to peek behind her. "What are you hiding? You---" he was cut abruptly when a woman stepped inside the Sanctuary, his expression suddenly turning more serious and on guard. He glanced over at Mina and gestured to the lunch boxes he had packed that was now sitting in the counter. "I made food for you. Eat up." he told her, but his eyes were fixed on the newcomer, and then to Xena, and then to the newcomer again, looking concerned and slightly alarmed, as if he was a spectator on a bomb about to go off.

"Ol' Lustie can suck his own dick for a while. He'll survive." At this, he could only stifle a small snicker. But after the exchange between the two, he was a little surprised when the woman gave him her attention. He held a pretty neutral expression throughout her scolding. Finding her statement strange... but also a rather interestingly different way to look at things. Instead of taking offense or showing confusion, he only nodded with a ghost of a smile. "I see. I shall take it into consideration. I have to admit my emotions got way ahead of me at the time. I apologize." he replied, and then glanced a little Sanctuary door. "In that case you should probably give a good lecture to Wroth, even I feel bad for the sorry state of that door."

Maric Vakarian - Entering the Sanctuary

Maric was surprised at how quickly his body had moved from the Clock Tower to the Sanctuary. Perhaps it was because of all the excess energy he had absorbed from the now dead drug lords, or perhaps it was because of how motivated he was to apologize to Xena, either way, he'd made his way to the Sanctuary in record time. He slowed his pace as he neared the building in question, moving at a pace that would make close to no noise whatsoever. After years of living in the same tower as 7 other sins with highly advanced senses, he'd trained his movements to the point that he could even slip past them if they weren't listening for him.

He creeped passed the entrance and listened in, hearing Ryuna say something about "Ol' Lustie" obviously referencing him, and then he heard Xena's sharp rebuttal, which caused him to flinch slightly. He took a deep breath in to settle his nerves and made his presence known to the group. "I appreciate the gesture, Ryuna. But Ol' Lustie would prefer to apologize in person." He said as he moved in from around her.

He brushed his fingers against Xena's hand, allowing the shift to happen once again. He leaned in close and murmured to her, "Those girls need your help more than I do right now, but when you're finished, I'll be in the garden. I do desperately need to apologize to you." With that, he gave Errol an apologetic look, nodded in thanks to Ryuna, and left out the area and into the garden. Once he closed the door behind him, he let out the breath that he didn't even realize he'd held during that entire entrance. With his breath recovered, he took a stroll amongst Buttercup's flowers, soaking in their fragrance as he waited for Xena to meet him outside.

Ryuna, The Sanctuary

The kitsune hummed in response to Xena’s comment about doing something stupid. While the fox wasn’t a walking lie detector she couldn’t shake the feeling of something going on that she wouldn’t like later. She doubted the other sins had any idea of what Ryuna really was. That comforted her but all placed her in a lot of danger should anyone figure out the truth.

Errol’s pointing out of the front door and who did it made her sigh as she rubbed her temples, “Wroth… I should have guessed. I tried at one point but those were different times,” She almost became sad at the memories that haunted her. Too often now she felt like a visitor to her own life’s history. She couldn’t believe what she had done so often and without care. When had she parted ways with her soul? Eons ago it felt like.

The scent of death was a perfume the kitsune never forgot. In an instant her eyes darted to where Maric now stood close to Xena. Something was off about him in her eyes as he informed her that it was his job to apologize to the woman he loved. She tensed slightly before she moved away from the pair. Ryuna walked over to the door and looked it over slowly before she tapped a few bit that still hung on the henges, “I’m not good at healing like Xena but I do have a thing or two that I’m good at,” She allowed her flames to appear before they lined the doorway and began burning from the outside to the inside. As the moved to the center of the doorway a new door was being left behind.

Once done she tapped on the wood slightly then pointed at it with her thumb over her shoulder, “These doors work better against him. He can’t plow through them as if it was never there,” She explained to Errol. They had built these sorts of doors a long time ago when they all lived together because Wroth was careless with doors. This door was part of the wood of the great tree the tower of the sins had been built near.

Mina - The Sanctuary
Mina had quickly glanced at the food Errol brought, but the argument going on was much more important at the moment. She watched as well, right up to when Maric stepped out into the garden. The girl made a small, amused expression. "Lover's quarrel?" she said to no one in particular. But as interesting as this dialogue was, her attention was once again drawn to the object she had pulled out of the trash: a syringe. Mina took the chance to examine it carefully. Black blood? What kind of person bleeds black?

Mina looked at Errol again, her eyes gleaming with pride at her discovery. Sure, she didn't know what it was yet, or why it was important, but she knew it was significant. It felt like a small victory after the mockery he gave her. "Well, originally I was looking to see what caused the burn marks on the floor, and since your cupboards were empty of acidic substances I decided to look in the garbage. Didn't find acid, but I did find this." She gestured to the syringe. "And that, my friend, is how weird things translates to dumpster diving." She smiled sweetly before continuing. "Now, mind telling me who this was from? After all, most people don't bleed ink. Unless you're a squid. You didn't have a squid in here, did you?"

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

Xena's heart throbbed a little faster as Maric suddenly entered the Sanctuary, seeing that he looked way better than the state she had left her in, she could not help but feel... relieved? No way! As if I was worried over that jerk. she fumed to herself as she pretended not to care, but listened intently, as he regarded Ryuna. He came to apologize. The Sin of Lust? Apologizing for kissing another woman? Unbelievable. she thought to herself as she suppressed a smile, but no, she's not gonna give in yet--- Maric needs to feel the gravity of his actions. The Sin of Pride does not tolerate sharing. Before when they were simply "friends", she had no right to keep him from his other toys, but he had submitted himself to her now, and this is something she will hold on tight for the rest of their relationship. He will not go flirting with, kissing and fucking other women while she's his lover, god forbid. And with how the recent events unfolded, she wanted to make that clear.

She felt his fingers brush against hers, felt him lean close. "What do you want, Maric?" she asked as she gave him an irritated look, and for the first time seeing his face up close since he entered the Sanctuary, there was something different about him. He had that certain energy and look on his face similar to how he is when he'd just drained dry a number of people. Never had he looked more handsome. Stopping the blush by sheer will alone, she turned away, she listened to him speak. And when he was done, her expression had softened a little, looking over to the young girls before her. "...Okay." she simply replied, as she walked away from him, towards the girls. She heard the door to the garden close, and she took a deep breath.

She turned towards Morrigan. "You see, I have healing abilities, I realize it is pretty rare in Abaddon, so I understand that you may feel skeptical about it. What I need to say is that, blindness isn't a very simple thing to heal. It will probably take me a few trials, and I will need to slowly help you in your progress, shocking your eyes into suddenly registering light and taking in images will not be very good for you. For now, come with me, I will be trying to find what went wrong." she said as she held the girl's hands, nodded to the others and led them to a more private room, a secluded area in the Sanctuary that she uses for these kind of examinations. She gave Morrigan a small smile as she led Shiva to sit on the bed. "This will be quick." she told the two.

***​

Errol
The Sanctuary

Errol smiled at Ryuna. "Thank you, that saved me a trip to the woodworker." he said, but he was distracted as Maric entered, giving him an apologetic look as he walked to the garden. Errol studied the man as he left and closed the door behind him.

"Lover's quarrel?" Mina asked to no one in particular. Errol simply shrugged and replied. "Yeah." But the girl was easily distracted, she then started talking about burn marks on the floor and a syringe she found on the trash bin. He stifled a smile at her enthusiasm as he replied, taking the syringe and turning it over in his fingers. He could not help but humor her. "Listen to me, Miss Detective. This is the blood of an utter weirdo. You could say he's a friend of Xena's..." he seemed to hesitate. "If you stay in here for a while, there's a good chance you could meet him. As for the burn marks on the floor, I believe it might be his blood as well. He had blood that burned like fire for a while. He also bled neon white blood that drove people crazy. And now this..." he placed the syringe back on her fingers. "I don't know what this does. Just handle it with care." He said as he patted her head like one would a dog, which was easy since he was significantly taller.

He could not help but glance back at the door to the garden. The incubus should be there... he hesitated, wondering if it was right to approach him. But then he remembered Xena's expression when she talks about him, her response when he showed his disapproval... I love him. A small look of sadness passed his face as he then gave Mina a nod. "I'll be back." he said hurriedly as he walked towards the door, and stepping into the garden, closing it again behind him...

The incubus was there in the distance, facing a pile of beautiful flowers. Errol walked closer, carefully, silently. He was a master of stealth, a renowned assassin, and although that was an identity he had thrown away since he met Xena, it will always be evident in the way he moved. He observed him. He looked quite nervous. And it was only when he was a few feet away that Errol paused and muttered. "Xena... loves this garden." he said, as he looked around. It was a peaceful place, beautiful, tranquil... "If you plan to apologize here make sure you do it well. She does not need a bad memory to be connected here."

A pause. He stared at him. "Suffice it to say that if you fuck up and hurt her one more time..." his expression gave away nothing, not bitterness nor sadness nor pain, only cold, hard facts. "... I will murder you in your sleep."

Reactions: Rue
Mina - The Sanctuary
Mina frowned when Errol patted her head, but didn't miss the expression on his face as he left to go to the garden, no doubt to speak with the other man who had gone out there. You're involved with that incident too, eh? She committed it to memory, but didn't bother to dwell on it just yet. Instead, she returned her gaze to the syringe. "'Handle it with care' he says," she scoffed. "As if throwing it in the trash bin was handling it with care in the first place," she muttered. Mina dropped it back into the garbage before turning to look at the food Errol had left for her. Strangely enough, she wasn't hungry at the moment; too enthralled with the millions of little secrets this place held. It was like a giant spider web filled with seemingly insignificant threads, and yet somehow, they were all connected. Pull on the right one hard enough, and you just might attract a spider. Of course, that was always the fun part, wasn't it?

It was then that something else caught Mina's eye; a crumpled piece of paper lying beside the garbage can. She shrugged before picking it up and unfolding it, smoothing out the wrinkles as she pressed it against the counter. The paper was covered in some kind of strange, archaic writing that Mina didn't recognize, and yet the note had already begun to set off alarm bells in her head. She folded it carefully, but seeing as she had no pockets, she tucked it inside her sleeve instead. Let's go catch a spider, shall we?

Ryuna, The Sanctuary

Alone again she noted as she watched the others scatter off into their own little worlds. It saddened her some how as she found a seat. She knew she didn’t look like a great and powerful kitsune while she hid her appearance from those around her as well as her energy. Only those that had seen her this way would have realized who she was easily. The harbingers were in that group. Sighing she played with her long black hair.

Her mind was a cruel place for her these days. It lingered on what Lucifer planned to do, “I’m sorry Adie. I’ve failed to change him to make him understand,” She whispered to herself before she opened her eye to stare at the ceiling above her. She wanted to trust the harbingers with what she knew was coming but some part of her remained afraid that they hadn’t escaped Lucifer.

Maric Vakarian - The Sanctuary

Maric didn't turn to face Errol at first, though he did smile when he mentioned how much Xena loved the garden that she and Buttercup had made together. I'll have to tell him about that once all of this is over. It was only when he mentioned killing Maric in his sleep, that the incubus turned to face him. "I'll accept those terms. This was a mistake I don't plan on repeating, and if I do, then I deserve death."

He analyzed the man's appearance for the first time, taking in every minor detail of his appearance, stance, expression, the man was an assassin, just like Maric was. "I'm glad Xena has had someone as loyal as you watching her back, she can take care of herself but a little extra protection never hurts." His expression was soft, his eyes grateful to the man who stood before him. "I'll give the best apology I can, you have my word on that."

Morrigan & Shiva Strange
Shiva wordlessly lay down as directed, a soft grin slipping onto her face at the prospect of sight again. She trusted this woman, despite her sister's thoughts on the matter. "I hope it goes well, and I'm glad you acknowledge my suspicions." Morrigan whispered before the healing was to be performed, her face as stern as ever as she watched carefully from the corner of the private room, blending in with the shade, all that was visible being her pale skin and her obsidian black eyes seeming darker than anything around, sick with worry and fear of what could happen. Shiva simply closed her eyes as though she were merely sleeping and awaited whatever was to happwn next.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

Xena smiled at the way the two finally seemed to agree to submit themselves to her abilities. She closed her eyes, murmuring something under her breath, the same spell she had used on Wroth earlier in the Clocktower to feel his sensations and pain, just to make sure Shiva will be alright. Dealing with such delicate cases was something she does not take lightly. She ran her fingers on the young lady's neck, up to base of her skull, up to her scalp, trying to feel anything off in the cranium itself. As expected, there it was, an injury, from where she was possibly hit by the blunt object. The position... the damaged area... she removed her hands from the girl's head and lifted her pointer finger.

"Lumina." she murmured, and a bright light emerged from her fingertips, probably the first spell Alma has ever taught her. She held it on to the girl's eyes, looking to see if the pupils would dilate. Afterwards, she turned the light off and made a small satisfied smile. "Good, good! You have a very high chance of regaining your vision, Shiva. Though the process would be slow, it's very doable. Close your eyes." She said, as she then opened the drawer to look at the towels there, and the handkerchiefs... she took one and made it into a blindfold tying over her eyes. "Eyesight don't come back overnight. And if does, the presence of faint lights could be stressful for the patient. That's why don't take this off without my permission, we'll slowly help your eyes adjust to reacting to light again."

After the blindfold, Xena held the girl's temple and took a deep breath. Once again, the white light emerged from her fingertips, but it was different from the one earlier, shifting into golden as it seeped through Shiva's skin. Once that was done, Xena smiled contentedly. "That should kickstart your optical nerves back to the proper healing process, but as I said, it will take a while, that's why I recommend you stay here in the Sanctuary for observation, or at least don't get into much physically straining activities. Doctor's orders... okay?" she glanced over at Morrigan as well.

Errol
The Sanctuary

Errol was expecting resistance, so he was very surprised when Maric reacted the way he did, agreeing to his threats. He felt a small relief in that, as well as a grudging respect, although it was not something he would admit. Errol nodded as he studied him, closely, trying to see what could have made Xena fall, but realizing it was probably not something he could not understand. This man was part of her previous life, he could not possibly imagine what kind of bond they share.

"Xena owns my life. I owe it to her." he replied simply, straightforwardly. "Without her, I would have certainly died. She was the person who showed me the light. That's why she's so precious to me." he closed his eyes for a moment, remembering her face, her smiles. "Since you two seemed to have gotten together, she has become more lively, more selfish for her happiness, more beautiful." When he opened his eyes once again he gave Maric a hard look. "That's why you better make her the happiest she could ever be. She deserves that."

Maric Vakarian - Sanctuary Gardens

He smiled at the man who stood before him, his heart warmed by his words. "We're both alike in a lot of ways, Errol. We are both former assassins, both of us are jealous of the other, even if only slightly, for sharing a part of her life that the other was never there for, and we both desire to make her the happiest woman on Terrestria. I realize that I'm off to a terrible start, these old incubus habits of mine are taking longer to die than I anticipated, but I plan on making her as happy as I possibly can. I can swear that on Aditi herself."

He raised his hand, offering it to Errol to shake. "A peace offering, and an apology to you. I'm sorry she chose me over you, don't ask me how I know, I've been around love-struck people for over 300 years, I know when I've stolen the heart of another man's romantic interest. For what it's worth, I think you would've been a great lover to her in all the ways that I cant be. I hope we can be on civil terms from here on out."

Back