Ame Damnee The Staff n' Flagon - Tavern & Inn

Kian

Humanity's Stargazer
There lies a tavern down the street. It stands two stories tall and encompasses a fairly large area. As the doors swing open, loud boisterous banter is heard throughout the hall of the tavern. Along the sidelines of the tabled area, the barkeep Sikex serves refreshments for patrons while food is available from the vendors. Smaller hallways lead into the deeper segments of the building, the voices fading quickly, with doors lining the walls, leading into inn rooms for travelers. Whether it's day or night, there always seems to be at least two patrons enjoying the warm atmosphere of The Staff n' Flagon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sikex, as played by Meliodas

The Staff N'Flagon
Behind the bar
Theme

Sikex had little interest in the dead that were being carted into the city, preceding the mass procession that was about to unfold in light of the death of Grandmaster Ceolen Anwil. After all, he’d been there himself to witness their timely demise, even if they didn’t know it. Many of them had been so young and full of life, and as they always did, begged to be given just a few more precious years. Unfortunately, death was in no position to bargain, and like every soul that had come before them, Sikex ensured they made it to the other side.

There was a change going on throughout the city, and it was happening right under their noses. While there had been two Grandmasters to hold the torch, such events now lead to Grandmaster Raakshdos being the sole leader of New Eden’s forces, which was a dangerous position to be in for anyone involved. He would wield power the likes of no one had before him, and for a man as fierce as Raakshdos, “The Blue-Eyed Devil,” the people of New Eden should have more than reason to worry.

Pouring another drink, he leaned up against the table from behind the bar and took a swig, smiling as he swung a rag up over his shoulder. It was only a matter of time. What did any sensible person do before a funeral? Drink of course, which meant that business was about to pick up.

Lorie Baker -Bakery in the Tavern, District Elysian

Lorie Baker kneaded the large ball of pale creamy dough on the wooden flour coated counter before her. The sleeves of her dress was dusted with the white powder as was the pink and red apron she wore in an effort to keep the rest of her dress safe from her passion. The soft gentle humming she made while she worked could barely be heard normally thanks to the bar across the way. Once she had divided and shaped the dough into small loaves she put them on a tray and slipped them into one of the large red brick stoves she used.

Her blue gaze glanced about to see if anyone had been trying to get her attention while she had been elbow deep in flour. Washing her hands off in one of the warm water basins she sighed. The horrible events that marred this day made her sad even if no one could tell normally.

Rythe.

Rythe sat slouched at the soon to be crowded bar, head cloaked in shadows and hanging into his drink with an occasional and drained swig. He quietly eyed his own hands, tormenting himself in the bars of his mind whilst attempting to drown it in ale. If only he had acted in that infinitesimally minute moment, without a shred of the doubt clouding his mind, then the Grandmaster would have been alive today, living and breathing alongside them all, albeit weary after the destruction of his company.

Curse this feeble proxy body... I bet he enjoys the bliss of intoxication while I grovel. He sullenly lifted his head towards Sikex, across the bar, serving himself a drink. Is he... giddy with anticipation?... Rythe angrily glanced towards the new figure he possessed, the man was... exceptional, but the choice was in the heat of the moment, there hadn't been a moment to waste in finding a suitable host... His view turned towards Lorie with a slight scowl, Is everyone in this tavern so- so... stoic? At least her humming rhythm brought a slight comfort to him as something he held the responsibility to protect.

He heard the bell ring as he brought the stein up for another swig, hoping the alcohol would finally reach his distant mind in the Cathedral. A single drop fell from the edge of the cup, staining the proxy's clothing. With an anguished groan, he waved at Silex with the mug, brandishing it as if it were his blade, expression blank beneath the shadow of his cowl.

Ryuna, District of Elysian

After some much wandering around the kitsune found herself right back in front of the tavern. The back of her neck warmed slightly as she felt more than heard her master request something of her. Despite being miles from the man she was connected to him in a way that allowed him to speak to her and even summon her to his side should he need to.

Stepping into the tavern she glanced about with just her eyes still fully hidden from view. She bowed slightly to the barkeep before she moved over to who she was looking for. She had always felt that the barkeep deserved her respect when she came in despite not really knowing the male. The baked goods made her debate getting one as she came to sit at the same table as the hooded figure at the back of the room, “Good day, Rythe,” She greeted. It wasn’t hard to tell she was someone of interest, “My master has sent me to summon you to his side.”

Last edited:
Rythe lowered his mug, lazily waving Sikex to ignore his previous request. He turned towards the kitsune after noisily placing the stein back on the countertop, scratching his head. Not like Raakshdos to send a messenger... Rythe placed his elbow on the counter and his cheek on his fist, clearly annoyed at the Grandmaster. "Not quite the best day if you haven't noticed... So, why did he send you, of all people, to summon me?" While he tried to start up a conversation, it was evident that he was just trying to prolong the time before having to tend to his duties. "He could've just sent someone else and not waste your time," referring to his release of the proxy...

Ryuna stared at the male before her. She could likely drag him there on her own but she was sure he wouldn’t let it come to that, “I was nearest to thee,” She states in a flourish of tongue. It was clear that she didn’t care what the male thought about her time being wasted or not. The kitsune was the humble servant of her master and would do whatever he requested of her even if she didn’t like it.

“Don’t tell me you plan on wasting my master’s time, Warden,” She was reminding him he had a duty. A duty to do as he was told as a soldier should. Her gaze could be seen now slightly from behind the dark veil she wore. The golden irises glowing softly from the building of magic within herself.

Rythe stood up abruptly, staring back at the kitsune through the shroud. His mouth was obviously twisted in an infuriated grimace, "Are you daft? I would have thought your master told you, don't call me 'Warden,' while I work for your master, do not delude yourself into believing I'm subservient."

His feet carried himself, rigidly, towards the door, drawing a worn black cloth from his pockets and wrapping it around his mouth and nose, looping around his neck. He cracked the door open slightly, allowing the frigid air to seep into the tavern, before turning back. He cocked his hidden eyebrow before speaking, "Are you coming or not, soldier?"

Last edited:

The kitsune smirked glad she was able to push his buttons. After all what was a fox without being mischievous for no better reason than to get a rile out of someone. She stood with the grace granted to youkai and made her way over to the male, “Oh now we are in a hurry! I see,” She slipped out past him and into the cold day.

She wasn’t in the least amused about having to be near one of these creatures but she did it for her master. Some part of her wondered why she bothered to follow the male if all he tasked her with lately was being a page. Her tails sagged slightly as she tried to remember why.

Rythe sighed for a moment, realizing his mistake. He lazily scratched his head before following the kitsune out of the tavern and into the icy breeze. He quickly accessed his mental image of the city, searching for the slowest path towards the Avalon District. He sped up his pace, quickly catching up to her and shoved his hands into his coat pockets. His feet briskly began to walk towards the Craftsmen and Artisan's guild halls, a far right veer from the direct path to the Warden's Keep. As long as I'm walking 'towards' the center, she'll probably not bother me... hopefully.

The Staff N'Flagon
Behind the bar

Fortunately for him, Ryuna, a peculiar kitsune, to say the least, had spared him from having to bother with filling Rythe’s glass. A sad sort, the whole lot. An Ethereal that towered over the ranks of the angels, such as himself, and then a kitsune who stood at the beck and call of a Grandmaster he wasn’t quite sure he even trusted. The city was either in for a very good, or very bad time. To make matters worse, there was a chill in Sikex’s bones, one he knew all too well. Many people were about to die, and it wouldn’t matter if you were from Abaddon or even New Eden for that matter. This was a differentiation death surely wouldn’t make, because in its… or his… eyes, they were all equal under the gods.

Feigning a wave as the odd pair left, Sikex sighed. As he finished off the last of his mug, he cleaned up the glasses left on the table, wiping everything with a rag as he went. “Hey, Lorie?” He shouted, hopefully, loud enough for the woman to hear. “How about whipping me something sweet up? I’m starving over here!” There were perks to letting bakers own space inside the tavern. Not to mention that Sikex had a sweet tooth that was almost impossible to quench.

Being ever the silent observer the baker watched the kitsune and the hooded man. They looked like good friends to her. Though she didn’t honestly know. She smiled as they left then set about pulling some things out of the stove. It smelled so good it made her stomach growl as she remembered she hadn’t eaten this morning. At the shout of Sekix she blinked then smiled, “Sure thing. I will be over with a few tarts and a chocolate croissant.” She called back.

It took her a little bit of time to reheat the items in the oven before slipping them onto plates and making her way over to the bar. He would likely notice she brought more than usual as she needed a bite or two as well, “They were an unusual pair,” She commented as she set the plates on the counter.

The Staff N'Flagon
Behind the bar

Honing in on the delectable chocolate croissant, he took an enormous bite out of it and was unable to help himself when he attempted to talk with his mouth full. “But important.” His first words would come out garbled as he swallowed hard, savoring the taste of the chocolate on his lips. “As I was saying. But important. As odd as they may be, they are both quite influential in this city in their own way. Although, what do I know? I just work here.” Shrugging his shoulders with his hands out in the air, he took one look around at the empty bar in an almost quizzical manner before reverting his eyes back to Lorie. “Got milk?”

The female picked up a strawberry tart and munched on it as she listened to the male. Her large blue eyes staring at him through her flour dotted glasses, “You seem to always be right about such things,” She murmured softly, “Plus you run this place,” Her eyes danced about as if trying to state the place that was around them.

At the mention of milk she grinned at him playfully, “Chocolate?” She asked softly as she started to get up from her seat. At his direction she would fetch what he wanted returning with a small pitcher full. He normally provided the glasses.

Abbi came through the door rather quickly, breathing hard as she closed it behind her and she made her way over to Sikex and Lorie. "Sorry I'm late. " She said to them, puling her white hair back out of her face. "The funeral procession is taking up almost the entire city. I had to take three different routs. And I still had to turn around twice." She told them, letting out a breath as she looked at Lorie.

"Anything you need me to do?" She asked, knowing that hr being late meant that Lorie had done everything herself this morning and Abbi felt bad about that. She could not help it though. She had no idea that the entire city was going to be effected.

The Staff N'Flagon
Seated at the bar

Lorie had practically read his mind, something very few had a knack for doing. Revealing three glasses which he placed on the counter, he expected Abbi to come barreling through the door any moment, late as usual. And as always, right on cue. “Abbi, nice of you to join us. We were just about to treat ourselves to some chocolate milk and induce a sugar comma.” Pointing to the tray of tarts in front of them, he walked around from behind the bar and took a seat at one of the stools.

“There is a funeral about to be underway. So, I don’t think we’ll be open for much longer. We might as well just make the best of the silence before heading out. I have a feeling it is going to a very… eventful morning.” And how very right he was.

The female eeped as the door slammed open. Her now wide blue eyes turned to stare at Abbi, “No I got it all,” She smiled widely then poured the milk into the three glasses. She sat next to Sikex then began munching on her tart again. The female was happy to have the two she cared about most safe and sound next to her. While she never said as much.

She caught a glance of herself in the mirror and sighed, “I should clean up a little,” She noted as she finished her meal and downed her glass of milk then excused herself before heading to the back for a refresh.

The Staff N'Flagon
Seated at the bar

The trumpets could be heard as the sound of silence consumed the city in the wake of Grandmaster Anwil being carried into the city. Sadly, the citizens of New Eden didn’t come to greet a hero mounted on a white horse, but a corpse headed to where most men meet their end. Strangely enough, Grandmaster Ceolin Anwil's last words weren’t ones of fear or regret, but warning of the turbulent times the world was about to face. "Darkness is on the horizon, and the world best prepare for its unforgiving wrath.” Repeating the words back to himself, Sikex had almost forgotten about the glass sitting in front of him, and before he knew it Lorie had disappeared into the back.

Glancing at Abbi, he nudged his head towards the door. “You best get going if you want to find a seat at the cathedral.” He might as well just have sent her to her death. But, death could not judge, nor intervene. Sikex's only job was as an observer cursed to wander the realms of man in their most perilous hour.

After a little bit of fussing she finally had cleaned up and hung up her apron before returning to the main area of the tavern. Her glasses were spotless and her outfit as clean as she could get it. She noticed the sound of the trumpets but had little desire to go see another dead person being paraded about as if the body was more valuable than the soul and memories of said person.

“Sikex,” She murmured softly, “You don’t plan on going to the Cathedral do you?” It was the question of someone wondering if it was acceptable to just stay where they felt safest. Her voice which was normally full of cheerful spirit sounded slightly broken and soft even to her own ears.

Abbi had nodded to Lorie, though she did still wish the woman would give her something to do. Still, she took a seat and picked up a tart, pulling one of the glasses over to her. She took a bite of the tart, then looked at Sikex at his question, chewing slowly as she thought over his question. "I.. Don't really want to go. I didn't know him personally, and it just seems wrong to go to the funeral of a person that I did not know." She said to him, sipping her milk slowly. She blushed a little at her own answer, glad when Lorie came back and took the attention of the tavern owner off herself.

Back