Ame Damnee The Terrestrial Bay

Alora - Fortune Slave

The sun nearly completely gone below the horizon brought some comfort to Alora as she stretched out some. Heaven and Hell were no longer kissing as she considered it. The shout of the captain didn’t seem to draw her attention much as she stretched a bit and turn away from the sun to stare at the large golden moon that rose from the belly of the sea in the east. A full moon was a good night to capture all sorts of fish and also lead to many merry moments.

Gosburg’s actions of having someone bring wine to the deck made her desire to perk up some. Sadly she was concerned for a fool who didn’t deserve her worry nor her thoughts. A voice drew her attention after sometime. The joyful notes caused her to smile as she sat up then dropped to the deck from her perch among the sails. She landed near the elven woman, “Something you wish to show me?” She smiled as she slipped an arm around the other’s waist, “I’m sure we can have all sorts of fun sadly I have nothing to play with besides myself.”

She winked playfully. Cassey and her went back sometime. They knew how to help each other out when things got rough.

Captain Zathrian Ellwood - Captain's Quarters

The elf put on his most charming smile as he took a seat opposite of the young woman. "Indeed I did. You see young Mireia, we're not savages aboard the Fortune Slave. We may have taken you captive, but we still wish to make you comfortable until our business is complete. So I thought I'd treat you to a nice meal, and we could get to know one another a bit." It wasnt often that the captain acted humble, but Zathrian knew he needed to present one hell of a poker face if he was going to discover the islands location.

Cassandra Xilstine - Fortune Slave

She let out a happy squeak as Alora came down to join her, her cheeks turning a little pinkish as the siren wrapped her arm around her. She looked beautiful, but if Cass was honest, she couldn't find a time when Alora didn't look beautiful. As they went over to fill their mugs with liquor, Cass pulled out her new flintlock, her blue eyes sparkling with pride. "Now I know what you're thinking, and while this may just look like an ordinary pistol, I've given it one of my best enchantments yet." She aimed it up and fired at a seagull that was flying overhead. The shot hit its mark and the bird became encased in ice, falling to the deck and shattering in front of the two women.

"Isn't that cool?! I finally managed to make an ice pistol that didn't blow up in my face! I'm thinking of calling her, The Ace of Spades. Speaking of which, I was thinking of playing a few rounds of poker to celebrate. Wanna join me?" She asked the siren, her excitement overflowing as she rambled on.

Mireia, Captain's Quarters

She watched the elf silently, observing his every move. "And you believe flaunting your body will make me feel comfortable?" Mireia immediately input, eyes burning with a fiery confidence. She wasn't afraid to establish swift eye contact with the man. "I appreciate your kind gesture, but nothing on this ship makes me feel safe if you continue to put on a show."

Alora - Fortune Slave

The Siren blinked as the woman showed her the newly finished gun. The fact that it froze the poor creature that had been just in the sky caused her to become somewhat speechless, “You really did it this time!” She turned on her quickly pulling her tight to her chest and giving her a deep kiss on the lips, “Gods that’s hot!”

There was one thing the siren couldn’t resist and that was power and strength. Some would have said it was the fact that she tended to think of the two things when she thought of an appropriate partner for herself and other natural selection thoughts. The mention of poker made her smile, “I will be needing my portion from the raid to play. Unless… You wanna play by other rules…”

Captain Zathrian Ellwood - Fortune Slave

He was impressed by her bravery, able to talk back to a man who could cut her down where she sat. "Apologies, this is my finest coat you see, and I believe it looks better when it's pronouncing certain features. It seems to work seeing as your eyes are so clearly drawn to my body." He teased, a little humor never hurt. "Nevertheless, I think you'll find with time, that we aren't merely putting on a show."

Cassandra turned bright red as Alora brought their lips together. By the time they separated she was left a stuttering mess. "U-um well, I-I mean sure, if you wanna play by other rules that's fine. I mean I've certainly always found you attractive-not that I want to objectify you by making you strip off your clothes but... I wouldn't mind seeing them. I'm rambling now aren't I?" She asked, averting her eyes from the siren's, biting her lip to hold her tongue.

She wasn't impressed by his astounding sense of humor and cringed slightly. "I hope not, Captain Zathrian. It would be a shame to see you and your crew lose such valuable property." She glanced down at the meal in front of her; fish, mixed vegetables, and mashed potatoes with thick brown gravy. "Still, I appreciate this. I hope we can manage to settle our differences over this fine meal."

@jrusso20

Alora - Fortune Slave

The woman’s ramblings were endearing to her. It warmed her heart to know she could still make someone nervous. Listening reminded her that she was a creature unlike any other on this ship. She could pull on the heart with a song and lead many to their deaths should it suit her. Her neon blue eyes landed on the elf again. Did she have a thing for this race of beings? Perhaps it was the ears, “If all you want is me naked that isn’t so hard to do. Just ask me politely,” She breathed against Cassey’s neck as she drew her close again.

Alora knew she was using her but she didn’t care her wounded pride came from years of protecting their captain’s heart only to see the only thing that might throw all that out to sea, “Why don’t we go play by ourselves up among the sails?” She was already taking her hand drawing her towards one of the rope ladders that lead up to the main sail’s cross beam where Alora had made herself a home.

"That is my hope as well." Zathrian responded, his expression curious. There wasn't a woman alive who could resist his roguish charms, even if he normally didn't flaunt them, and yet here this woman was, staring defiant in his face. He wove his fingers together and studied her intently. "So tell me a little about yourself, Mireia. What's it been like growing up the daughter of one of New Eden's most famous admirals?"

Cassandra was stunned about how forward Alora was being in this moment. She'd been admiring the siren's beauty from afar for quite a number of years, but never had the courage to flirt with her or propose anything serious. She felt like a fool for not speaking up sooner. Her eyes filled with longing as Alora made her proposition. "Yes. I would like that very much, Alora." She murmered, her bright blue eyes sparkling once again.

She quirked an eyebrow at his inquiry. "It's nothing special," she immediately decided. Her hands grabbed the knife and fork. "You grow up under a roof like everyone else, you get married at a young age. There's nothing grand about being the daughter of an old man." She cut a small chunk of the freshly caught fish and took a bite, savored it for a few moments, then swallowed. "And you? Do you enjoy your life on the high seas?"

Alora - Fortune Slave

Leading the way up to the mast she kept an eye on the female that followed her. It was rare for others to join her up among the sails. The stars were starting to make themselves known as the moon rose higher into the dark sky, “Careful to keep your balance the wind can be rough up here,” She stood on the beam and walked over to the netting that stretched between the main mast and forward mast. Pillows and blankets made it more comfortable. She allowed herself to plop back on the netting with a sigh.

Some part of her made her wonder why she had allowed this woman up here with her. Likely she was just lonely after all she didn’t take lovers really and mostly she tended to keep to herself. She figured it was just her age kicking in. Over two hundred years of life had left her feeling alone and heart broken. Her gaze danced to the elf. Perhaps she should just enjoy herself tonight and leave it there. Surely that would work well.

He smirked slightly as she called her father an old man, that was a sore spot he'd have so poke at. "Aye, I can say with perfect clarity, the life on the high seas is the only life for me. Doesnt seem like your life suits you though. You don't strike me as a woman who likes to be tied down to some boorish noble type. Honestly sounds like we did you a favor by taking you away from that old man." He said as he sipped from his glass of wine.

The half elf wobbled a bit on the beam as she struggled to get over to where Alora had plopped herself down. She eventually managed to reach the netting and laid herself down next to the siren. Looking up at the sky, she was amazed by the view of the stars Alora had up here. "It's beautiful." Cass said before turning on her side to face Alora. "But it seems pretty secluded as well. Doesn't it get lonely up here all by yourself?" She asked, her eyes filled with concern for her friend.

Alora - Fortune Slave

“Lonely…” she stretches out a little after the other had settled in next to her, “I suppose. But being a siren is a lonely existence. We aren’t made for families much less being around others,” She rubbed her head lightly then glanced at the girl, “Why does that seem to sadden you?” Her neon blue eyes carried a lightly glow from the moonlight.

Mireia felt strangely defensive. "I'd much rather live at home in the company of my husband, thank you. I have everything I need and want. Someone who loves me, clean conditions, and quality clothing. It's more suited to my lifestyle than a pirate ship." She took another bite of fish.

@jrusso20

He let out a laugh at her quick defense of her lifestyle. "Well, your husband must have been quite a catch if he was able to calm your fire." He said as he began to eat his fish as well. "Though I daresay I'm a tiny bit dissapointed. When I first met you and in the midst of this conversation, I thought you might have been a woman above such vain luxuries. Apparently I was wrong."

She ran a nervous hand through her hair. "Well, it's just that I don't want you to be lonely. You're such an amazing person, you're beautiful, you're fun to be around. I was just hoping to find a way to brighten your day as much as you brighten mine without you even trying." She turned red again, not used to confessing feelings like this. "I think you're amazing, Alora, and if there's anything I can do to help you out when you're feeling blue, no pun intended, you just say the word."

She gave the captain a smile, finding his hypocrisy rather amusing and foolish. "And you don't enjoy your own luxuries?" He seemed every bit as greedy as she was. Her house wasn't doused in golden treasure. She ate some more of her fish, then took a sip of her wine.

Alora - Fortune Slave

The siren blinked at the woman’s words, “Do you have a clue what I can do to you? Your a fool if you think that me being happy is a good thing,” Alora believed that it was her happiness of being alive that killed her mother and her love for her father that drove him to leave her side. All those she seemed to get close to were doomed to find what overjoyed them only to have it kill them. Her mother loved and enjoyed her as a baby. She still didn’t know how she had died. Her father loved the ocean and it drug him to its depths.

“Please just…” She sighed then pulled Cassey on top of her chest, “Enough for now just lay here with me and watch the stars till you sleep.”

He'd seen that retort coming. "I know what you see, an arrogant man surrounded by gold and jewels, the ultimate life of luxury. I'll let you in on a secret though, I don't keep these riches to make me look like I live the life of a king, I keep them because each piece holds a memory of where I took them from. See that skull over there?" He pointed to a golden skull with emeralds in its eye sockets. "Got that one after dueling the famous "Mad dog" Caesar Romain to the death over his sinking ship."

Cassandra was shocked by the siren's words as she was suddenly yanked onto her chest. Her eyes weren't facing Alora, but if they were then the siren would have seen a rare sight, actual hurt registering on Cassandra's face. She was confused, what had she done wrong? Her arms wrapped around Alora and held her close, still not turning her face toward Alora's. "I'm sorry... maybe I am a fool. But I'm a fool who knows what she wants, and that's for you to be happy." A tear rolled down her eye as she felt herself slowly drifting off, comforted by the warmth that Alora provided her.

She set down the wine and smiled at his remark. "Gold is nothing. Your treasure is nothing. It doesn't matter if it holds memories or not. In the end, it's all nothing but a piece of rubbish. Your cabin is filled with useless things that you see as valuable because they hold fond memories of who you slaughter on a daily basis," Mireia retorted once more. She took a bite of a carrot. There was nothing fascinating about any of it and it made her livid to know that the captain thought her above it all. The luxuries she had? They weren't luxuries at all.

Navyra Darling-Fortune Slave, Helm
Navi continued to man the helm, tossing the half full bottle of ale aside not feeling the urge to drink anymore, her spirits dampened. She glanced behind her as she watched the others mingle in the celebratory spirit, before turning her head back to the night sky. There wasn't much for her to do as it stood, but she had hoped that someone of the crew would at least stop by and share a few words with her even for just a moment, but she doubted that would happen. Shrugging, she turned her wind enough for the helm to turn, using her stub to help keep it steady as her fingers ran through her ginger locks with a sigh, humming a little tune to pass the time.

Tor'Mur - Fortune Slave
Tor'Mur finally emerged from the depths of the ship, looking somewhat disheveled from just having woken up. Thankfully, it seemed she had changed from her bloodstained clothing from earlier in favor of more pleasant garments. Of course, being Tor, she was still miffed even after getting the rest she had so desperately wanted.

"Alright, who broke out the drinks without telling me? Point 'em out to me so I can take their share!" she said grouchily, her voice easily carrying through the still, evening air. Obviously, no one had woken her up for the party. Everyone knew that waking Tor up from a nap was the surest way to get your head blown off, even if liquor was involved.

Back