Ame Damnee The Terrestrial Bay

Eirik Crow - Fortune Slave

The merriment around him made him linger in thoughts of a past long gone from him. Before his powers had surfaced he had been accepted among his kind quite easily. They taught him much about life and how one enjoyed it. His ruby gaze moved over to the lovely red head that sat alone. How odd he thought. Getting up on shaky legs he moved over to Navi and sat down on the deck with his back to the banister, “Why ye all alone, Navi?”

The way he said her name elongated the ‘a’ slightly so it came out soft and gentle. He tended to not drink when on the ship as the mixture of the booze with his weak stomach from the sea left him clinging to the ship’s side even more. He fiddled with a bit of his decorated hair as he watched the others having a good time. It was pleasing to him to watch. He wasn’t really suited for this sort of life at sea but he enjoyed the people to much to give it up.

Alora - Fortune Slave

Alora wasn’t a fool by any measure. The tears she sensed as if the very sea had decided to splash her for her inconsiderate words. She petted the elf’s head as she stared up at the stars. The siren had never been good with dealing those that cried for any reason. Their tears always left her feeling grimy and filthy. Softly she hummed a tune her father had sung to her as a child. Her voice was dangerous and luring though it took great effort to not let her magic swell and influence those around her that might hear her lullaby.

Last edited:
Captain Zathrian Ellwood - Fortune Slave

He couldnt help but scoff at this woman's arrogance, he'd earned his cocky attitude from over a century on the high seas. What has this.... this child done to earn her self righteous demeanor? "Is that right, Madame Silverspoon? Then tell me, what do you value in life? What purpose do you have on this land other than being some trophy for a husband you were forced upon by a father who didnt love you? What is it that wakes you up in the morning and tells you that this next day is worth living?! Eh?!"

Cassandra Xilstine - Fortune Slave

Cassandra was about to fall asleep when something struck her as odd, she listened to the siren's beautiful humming for a little while before raising her head and facing her. "Alora, why did you decide to bring me up here? If you're really so comfortable with being alone, why even bother with me and my infatuation with you? Did you just want to play with my body, or is there something more going on that you're not telling me?"

Mireia Martell, Captain's Quarters

She was beginning to grow increasingly irritated with this scoundrel. Her eyebrows narrowed at his callous remark. "I value far more than you could ever know!" she snapped, immediately rising from her chair. "I have lived my entire life being tossed around like some wet dog! You think my life is fed to me on a silverspoon?! It's not! We can't be free from worry! We don't get to do what we want! You have freedom out here! We don't get that kind of luxury!" Her heart pounded in her chest, skin boiling hot. "You want to know what tells me the next day is worth living?! A voice in my head telling me it's not!" She immediately began to leave the table. She was already done.

Navyra Darling-Fortune Slave, Helm
Navi looked over at Eirik with a depressed expression on her face, though that only lasted a second as a smile graced her scarred features as the very needed company. "Well, it's not by choice but someone has to man the helm." she joked, a twinkle in her eye. Out of everyone on the ship, she found Eirik to be one of the people she enjoyed being around, when he wasn't hanging over the side of the ship dropping his lunch into the sea, that is. "I wouldn't mind celebrating with everyone but it is the way it is." she shrugged. "What about you though? I thought you'd partake in the festivities." In her current mood, even the lure of the party wouldn't be able to bring her out of it. She gave a silent sigh as she faintly heard Alora singing in the distance somewhere, finding the sirens voice to be beautiful as always before she turned her attention back on Eirik.

Eirik Crow -Martell Estate

He smiled gently at her, “Honestly why would I drink and enjoy spinning around without a care? The world spins enough on its own,” He leaned his head back to stare up at the sky for a moment, “You don’t have a love hate relationship with the sea as I do,” His ruby eyes glanced at her, “How’s the lass? I’m sure the captain is getting an earful.”

Honestly he didn’t know what happened after Alora unraveled the sails only that they started moving and that left him in a state of shamefully cursing life. Eirik knew Navi had a heart of gold. It was one of the reasons he enjoyed her joyfulness no matter how horrible he was feeling. A gentle sigh escaped him as he rummaged for his pipe and bag of herbs. It was one of the few things he could enjoy easily enough without hating the very sea they were on. The soft singing that found his ear made him smile.

“Success or not. This mission took something from us all even if we haven’t see it yet,” He noted to himself as he stuffed the bowl of his pipe then lit it with a match. Taking a puff he offered it to the ruby haired beauty next to him.

Alora - Fortune Slave

A soft sigh escaped her lips as she sat up and pulled the elf closer to her, “It’s not your body I desire, Cassie but your heart which I can’t take nor ever have. That would lead your to your death as it would lead anyone to their death,” The honest truth was that she couldn’t give her own heart to someone or anyone or their death would be a certain fact. It is the nature of the siren to take every drop of emotion a being has and feast on it till there is nothing left but an empty shell. That empty shell no longer able to feel the connections to the world around it would slowly fade away.

“I brought you up here thinking I would be able to have someone without wanting to take them to their death. I’m the fool for thinking I could go against my very nature. Please leave when you are ready to leave and be careful,” She stood then and headed down the rope ladder, “I need a dip. Being too dry can always be a problem.”

Alora made her way to the deck then over to the railing where she stripped then jumped into the dark waters below. Her heart ached as she pushed yet another person away so they could live. To lead someone to their death always bothered her. Especially when that someone was one she could easily love and want to hold dear to her heart.

Her explosion of anger shocked the captain, her words bringing him back to a time he'd thought long forgotten. A boy with pointed ears, sitting amongst a crowd of stuffed shirts who saw nothing but joy in taking the freedom away from those under their employ. He hated that life, refused to be part of it, and this girl was one of the many victims of the broken system he'd left behind. "Wait!!" He commanded hoping to give her pause. "I'm sorry, it was wrong of me to assume you've simply had everything in life handed to you. I know all too well the horrors of New Eden's broken system. Please, come sit, lets try and find some common ground, I implore you."

Alora's words shocked Cassandra, there were so many thoughts running through her head, so many things she wanted to tell this beautiful creature, but by the time she had worked up the courage to say them, Alora had already left. She could only sit there for a few moments, tears freely rolling down her face, before determination entered her expression. She quickly made her way down the rope ladder and towards the part of the ship where Alora had left her clothes. She would wait there, and when Alora resurfaced, she would tell the siren exactly how she felt.

Mireia, Captain's Quarters

She wanted to leave. She wanted to go home. No, she wanted to sail away from everything. She wanted to drown. Just as she was about to place her hand on knob, he stopped her in her place. Her heart pounded in her chest as she shook, unable to escape the fear she felt. Everything rushing back to her. She placed her hand on the doorknob. Mireia stood in silence, fingernails digging into the door as she tried not to let her tears get to her. She couldn't show them. It was weak. She was weak.

Bellamy Thaiss
The Fortune Slave

The man yawned as his eyes began to flutter open. He had been tasked with watching over The Fortune Slave while the lot of them set out on their mission to raid Martell Estate, capture the brat daughter, and locate the map to the island. The man grew bored of sitting atop the deck as he stared into nothingness waiting for the crew to return, he grew so bored that he returned to his room for some shut eye in desperate hope that when he awoke, the crew would be back. Bellamy had fallen asleep at his desk, with his feet crossed on top of it and his chair tilted backward. As the man began to stir, his chair tilted more until he was forced to jolt himself into a seated position before he fell on his ass. The pirate yawned for the second time as he outstretched his arms above him. A good stretch was the proper way to wake up from a nap. Bellamy could hear the commotion above deck and knew that the crew had returned, he wondered silently if they had found what they were looking for but had a feeling they did as the muffled noise of laughter grew above him. A celebration was occurring and Bellamy would be damned if he was going to miss it. The man reached for his eye patch on the desk and securely fixed it on his face, covering his pink kissed right eye before exiting his room.

Bellamy emerged from the belly of the ship and appeared on the deck lit by the moonlight and a few lanterns. The sky was so clear that you could almost see every single star in existence; it was truly a thing of beauty. The men and women around him had already indulged themselves a drink or two, or three and were mingling happily. The man knew that the raid was a success given the atmosphere aboard, he made a silent note to himself to talk with Zathrian later and maybe check up on his sister, wherever she might be. But now, now was the time to reap the taste of victory and enjoy the night alongside everyone else. Bellamy pulled out his journal, quickly scribbling words into it before ripping out the page and walking toward the center of the deck. He placed his journal back in his jacket and held the paper to his face with a cheeky grin as he announced the words written on it.

“And on that day The Fortune Slave lay conquest to the Martell Estate! The crew returned with their treasures and found themselves bathing in festivities! The decks were decorated with bottles and bottles of rum and feast upon feast. The men and the women were dancing to the tunes of a poorly put together group of musicians playing but no one cared because tonight, tonight was for celebrating!” Bellamy's voice roared through the dead of the night as it carried across the sea and as he finished his monologue, the writings on his paper took shape aboard The Fortune Slave. Surrounding the main deck was what he promised, liquor, food, and music. Grand entrances were always something that followed the man wherever he went.

Bellamy tucked the sheet of paper into his inner breast pocket and smiled as he took a bottle of rum and shot back a drink. With a satisfying “Ahh!” he began to dance to the music now playing on the ship, he twirled, kicked his feet, and waved his arms in hopes that the crew would join him in his fun. When no one offered themselves to dancing he began picking people out of the crowd and stopped as his eye caught the blue eyed dirty blonde watching him silently as she enjoyed her beverage. Bellamy skipped over to her and reached his hand out, “you wouldn't let a man dance all on his lonesome would you?”

Tor'Mur - Fortune Slave
Tor'Mur had begun to stalk about the deck, questioning anyone she came across as to who it was who had failed to wake her before they brought out the drinks, though no one had ratted out on the weasel in question yet. Just then, Thaiss made his entrance in his typical, over-the-top fashion. Tor rolled her eyes at his antics. "'Dancing' my eye," she muttered. The First Mate shot a glare at another pirate who was standing nearby, happily drinking out of a new bottle of rum. "Gimme that!" she said as she swiped the bottle out of his hand and walked off, tipping the bottle back. Parties weren't her thing. At least, not until she was drunk.

Navi shook her head at Eirik's assumption. "You'd be surprised to know that I do. As for Mireia, she seems still pretty shaken about the whole thing that happened to her, which is understandable considering she was taken away from the people that she loved, something I understand fully." Navi shook her head. "She was pretty nice to me though I can't say for the others she has come across." Navi shrugged as she took the pipe Eirik handed her with a smile and hit it before handing it back. "I agree...and I feel this mission will continue to take more as time passes, whether we want it to or not." she said, staring out over the ocean before reaching in her pouch for a bottle.

Eirik tilted his head as he heard her say she did have that sort of relationship with the sea. He hadn’t known. She seemed to enjoy being out here as much as the others. The frost giant listened as she took the pipe he offered and took a hit. The herbs created a relaxed feeling and made the world seem steadier on the constantly moving ship, “She’s a good kid,” He murmured, “She wasn’t happy when we came but she knows she can fight back in many ways. I hope she will find happiness among us. She just needs to see there isn’t a reason to return to that place.”

He knew in his heart that was a difficult task to do. Taking the pipe back he hit it again before tapping the remnants out over the railing. His eyes lingered on the woman before him. He knew little about her thoughts or her emotions, “What do you want in this world above all other things?”

Alora - Fortune Slave

The cool water wrapped around her as she felt herself sinking down into the much colder column of the water. The voices of the creatures that swam around her reminded her she wasn’t alone ever really. Even if she couldn’t love as she wanted to. She let herself drift here and there as she kept pace with the ship. After some time she surfaced and stared up at the sky that reflected of the water she was in. It was a rare sight. Such glass like waters that reflected the sky above perfectly. It must look like they were sailing in the very sky.

Finally she pulled herself out of the water and back onto the ship and sat on the railing only to notice the elf that stared at her with an expression she couldn’t understand. She looked on the verge of tears which made her heart clench in her chest, “Cassie,” She reached out without thought, “Don’t cry any more.”

He stood up as he saw her shaking by the door. He'd bought time, he needed to show her that he truly wanted to find commonality between them. He moved toward her slowly, without threat, and gently placed his hand over the hand she placed on the handle. "I was the son of the treasurer of New Eden, forced to attend all the fancy balls, made to see myself as above all the peasents of society, reminded that I had no real choice in the matter. I hated it, all of it, so I ran away at age 19 and never looked back." He gently guided her hand away from the handle and turned her around to face him, kindness in his eyes. "Won't you please join me for dinner again?"

She moved on instinct, as Alora reached out for her, Cassandra rushed in and kissed Alora with a loving passion she'd never felt towards another person before. It was long, it was sweet and it just felt right to hold her and kiss her. When they parted Cass just held Alora's face in her hands. "You've already captured my heart, Alora. I'm willing to risk death to be with you, but we'll find a way to be together that doesn't involve that."

She heard the sound of music playing behind her. It seems that her goofball of a brother, Bellamy had struck up a procession. She smiled and silently thanked him for the merriment. She looked at Alora again, her bright smile shining in the moonlight. "No more dark thoughts tonight ok? Come, get dressed and dance with me, Alora!"

Hattie, Forecastle deck of Fortune Slave

A young woman leaned against the left side of the ship on the forecastle deck next to a few empty mugs of ale. She listened silently to Maligaro's murmurs of prayer, the sound soothing her worries and stress. She took another swig of dragonbreath ale and set it down just as Bellamy decided to waltz his way over and make his presence clear. He offered her a dance as she finished up the last of her ale, set it down, and took his hand. "Of course not," she grinned.

Mireia, Captain's Quarters

Her expression softened as he gently placed his hand over her own. A silent tear fell down her cheek and onto his hand. Mireia allowed him to guide her away from the door. She took out the only handkerchief she'd ever had and pat her watery eyes, then sniffed. Mireia's eyes traveled up to meet his and she immediately noticed a change. Her cheeks flushed and she quickly glanced away, only to look back and nod in silence.

Bellamy Thaiss
The Fortune Slave

The elf's grin beamed as the woman, who he mildly knew as Hattie, took his hand. Bellamy pulled her into him with a delicate spin and as her body reached his, he placed his free hand on the small of her back while lightly cupping the one she had offered in his hand and assuming the waltz position. "What a perfect night, wouldn't you agree? A victorious raid, a clear night, and a beautiful woman. I really couldn't ask for anything more." He smiled his trademark pretty boy smile at her and began dancing to the rhythm of the music now filling the evening air. Although he assumed the position of the waltz, it was not what he was dancing. He led the dirty blonde into twirls, quick steps, and dips. It was obvious to any onlooker, and partner of his, that he was a fine dancer.

"As much as I would love to call you beautiful woman all night, I know that your name is Hatvisa Calvet but I'm sure I've heard the crew call you Hattie before, is it alright that I call you by that name as well?" The man asked as he smiled gently at her.

Hattie felt like a bird flapping its wings as Bell pulled her across the dance floor and close to his chest. She felt the warmth of his left hand wrapping around her own and his other hand lay delicately across the small of her back. His impeccable finesse for dancing shown through the multiple twirls, long strides, and the circle they seemed to move around in while she just barely managed to keep step in step with his own footwork. She giggled in amusement, her cheeks flushed as he twirled her around once more and brought her closer again. "You're drunk, right?" she questioned rhetorically and flashed him a grin. She briefly squeezed his shoulder and pulled herself right up to him for a moment or two to lean in towards his ear. "Everyone calls me Hattie, even the captain. I don't see why you can't either, unless you know... you're set on calling me beautiful woman for the rest of the night," she murmured, her tone somewhat suggestive.

Last edited:
Cato L'astaer
The Fortune Slave

Since early morning that day, the kitchen has been in a frenzy. Cato had woken up fairly early as usual. He had decided to pass and miss out on the fun of capturing the map and a young maiden from the Martell Estate, just so he could go into the kitchen and... cook. Cook lots and lots of food. Some of the crew gave him weird looks, even the two young lads who he had dragged from their cabins to help him peel and cut ingredients. Someone had asked why he was cooking so much, and he explained that he was just preparing for the celebratory party so he can have time to join in on the fun for later. And when they looked even more baffled, stating the raid wasn't even won yet, he gave them a a disbelieving look. "You think there would ever be any chance that they won't succeed? You don't know your superiors then, boy."

As usual, he was right.

The crew came back with a scream of victory, and so far, a lot seemed to have most of their limbs attached, which to Cato was the definition of a great job. The celebration started almost immediately, the food and liquor sent out in waves, and Cato watched the others eat and drink and dance and fool around with a small fond smile on his face. Nobody seemed to be too interested to talk to him, so he just leaned on the railing of the ship, facing the ocean as he drank his rum, the cold night air caressing his hair as he stared into the horizon. The vibrations of the music was regular, lively, the rhythm only getting interrupted by cheers and hollers from the crew who was evidently enjoying themselves. He could only imagine what it sounded like. This was one of the times that he liked his world of silence, when he can just sit in the corner and relax regardless of the noise around him.

If Piper was here, I would have asked her to dance. he thought to himself, almost absentmindedly.

Tor'Mur - Fortune Slave
Tor watched the festivities for a brief moment longer. She never did understand celebration that came after a battle. For her, the real excitement came from the raid itself, and now that it was over she felt a little... Empty. She went to take another swig from the bottle, only to find it empty already. Tor huffed and glanced around, her eyes falling on Navi at the wheel with Crow apparently distracting her. The First Mate muttered something under her breath as she pushed her way past other crewmembers, heading toward the helm.

"Navi!" she said as she advanced up the steps, "I hope you're not getting us lost, since you don't seem to be paying much attention to where we're going." With that, Tor'Mur tossed the empty bottle over her shoulder, not particularly caring where it landed.

Navyra Darling- Fortune Slave, Helm
"What do I want more above all else?"
She repeated, the cheerily dim expression that she held completely erased from her face as she turned her lavendar-gray eyes to Eirik. "I want to feel complete again. There was only one...two...people who made me feel complete, gave me purpose and love and without that...I'm nothing. I just...want to see him again. Those violet eyes and that smile meant for only me." she sighed as she dipped her head low. She brought it back up when Tor called out her name and said something about getting them lost.

"Tor, I'm the fucking navigator, which makes me seem like I have to explain that to you since you don't seem to understand what it is that I do. My whole purpose on this ship is to do exactly the opposite of what you said." The one thing that angered her is when people doubted her ability to direct the ship in the right direction. "I've been doing this for too damn long to have someone doubt me when I was just having a simple conversation with Crow." She glared at Tor, as her hand gripped the wheel, splintering the wood that her hand held, her voice heavy with anger. She shook her head as she gazed across the ocean. "If you still want to doubt me, ask Eirik and he can tell you my eyes barely left the ocean ahead of us."

She took a couple of minutes as she shook her head and sighed. "I'm...I'm sorry...I just..." she couldn't grasp her thoughts or emotions. She was practically sober save for the five bottles from earlier that tickled her brain. Her mind was clouded with thoughts of Rennac and with Tor, calling her distracted and possibly getting them lost was like a dagger to the heart. Intent or not, Tor had insulted the one thing she took pride in, the one thing she had asked to continue to be after the mutiny. Navi sighed. "I got you something Tor." she said as he let go of the wheel quickly to hand her a bottle of liquor that she had pulled out not too long ago. "I know that was your favorite and I saw it at the estate, so here." Navi said as she gazed at Tor with dull eyes. "If you're going to take over go ahead, if not go enjoy the festivities."

Reactions: Rue
Tor'Mur - Fortune Slave - Helm
Tor raised an eyebrow and placed her hands on her hips at Navi's reaction. Touchy touchy. Apparently not everyone's in the partying mood, she thought. Her irritation vanished when the navigator brought out the bottle for her. She took it from her hand with a grin and popped the cork. "Enjoy the festivities?" Tor took a hefty swig from the bottle, savoring it for a moment before saying, "What do you think I'm doing?"

Tor paced to the edge of the stairs, observing the party below them, but seemingly having no desire to take part. "So what's your excuse, Crow?" she said. "Too afraid you'll heave over the side again to join in?"

The pure emotion he saw in the navigator’s eyes made him realize she didn’t want to be out at sea but rather on land as he often longed for. He had been about to reach out for her with that sour puss of a trigger happy psychopath made herself known. Eirik didn’t think little of Tor but she did have a tendency to get under his skin unlike any other person could. His gaze danced to her.

At first he thought about defending Navi. After all she was doing her job and doing it far better than he ever could on the sea. The land was his domain when it came to getting around. He could always lead the ship to land. That was it. He set about stuffing the bowl of his pipe again as he listened to the two women go at it, well that was till he heard Navi get angry. The stem of his pipe snapped in his hand surprising him. He blinked down at it while the two went at it.

It was then Tor rounded on him with questions, “I’ll be back later,” he told Navi showing her the pipe stem. He doubt he had a spare but he had to go check at least. It had everything to do with not wanting to be stuck clinging to the edge of the ship. No one wanted to be around a man who threw up all the time.

Alora - Fortune Slave

“No more dark thoughts~”

The words rang in her ears like cannon fire. Her neon eyes stared wide at the elf that had just rocked her world with a kiss unlike any she had ever had before. It was hard to breath at first as she tried to gather her wits and figure out what was going on inside of her own heart. It was melting that she was sure of. As she was told to get dressed she had to draw in a breath. That breath drew in the scent of the woman so close to her. Those eyes that stared filled to the brim with emotions she was sure no one could feel for her without being enchanted by her voice.

This was different though. Those under her spell would throw themselves at her feet and beg her to do with them as she willed. Cassie was telling her what to do. With a slightly unsteady hand she pulled her clothing on took the woman’s hand. Dancing and drinking the night away sounded wonderful.

Last edited:
Back