Ame Damnee The Terrestrial Bay

Eirik Crow - Fortune Slave

Glanced up slightly as Navi grabbed a poor fool and told him to take over her job for a few. He was still fiddling with the salt riddled pipestem. It was looking more and more that he would have to give up on it. He disliked it but he was almost at the point where he would have to see if the captain had one stashed away.

While bothering the man never bothered the giant he was aware that the captain might be trying to get their new guest to work with him. Sighing he glanced up at the sky. It was a lovely night despite all the soured moods going around. Somewhere in his heart he knew this was just the beginning of trouble soon to come. Sadly he just didn’t know what those troubles might be.

Alora - Fortune Slave

To say the siren had a bad habit was an understatement but sadly. There were worse things she could do to people. Closing her eyes she tried to picture the ship without her. Sure it would take a while but they could train the crew to do the rope work and sails. But till they were as good as her they wouldn’t want to be too quick to jump into any messes. Timing with sails was everything.

Her mind drifted to a time before she ever found out she wasn’t human. As a child she hadn’t felt the pull of the sea nor the effects her voice could have on men and women alike. She sighed as she listened to the wind that whistled through the sails.

Tor'Mur - Fortune Slave
Tor had watched the seen on deck with a humorous grin. Now that was her kind of party right there. She saw the four culprits split apart, most of them crying or fuming in their own right. She shook her head with a chuckle before turning back to Navi, who was now offering her another bottle. "You know me too well, Navi," Tor said as she happily took the new bottle in her free hand. She watched passively as Navi passed the helm off to someone else.

"Enjoy that bottle and go mingle, love," the faery said before dashing off. Tor looked at the two bottles in her hands before shrugging and making for the main deck. That was an order she couldn't pass up.

Hattie, Fortune Slave

Hattie shifted uncomfortably into her sheets as Bellamy bursted through door. He was foolish to come and see her after she'd left the main deck in a storm. She turned away from him immediately and curled up in a ball. He was a charmer, but she wasn't in the mood to be charmed by some handsome man. She dug her fist into the blue sheet, cheeks reddening at his words. It was embarrassing. "Why?" she muttered, "Why are you here?" Hattie didn't peg him for the kind of man who'd come along and try to make a crew member feel better. After all, his impulsivity was probably because he was drunk. She didn't know what was true- Bellamy simply pegging after her or Bellamy being genuinely concerned about how she felt. It didn't matter though. Everyone had ruined her fun.

-----

Mireia, Fortune Slave

Mireia noticed him stand up and decided it'd be only courteous to do the same. She turned to face him. The proposition didn't sound terrible; If she had some coin, perhaps she could find herself a new home and go on adventures. Something to rid herself of this misery. "It sounds wonderful. I'll help you and your men find the island," she agreed, crossing her arms over her chest. She was silent for a moment before speaking again, though a little doubtful. Decision making was not something she was used to. "There's nothing better like a fair price to stay on board."

Captain Zathrian Ellwood - Fortune Slave

"Then we have an accord!" Zathrian said with delight as he offered out his hand to her, "Welcome to being a temporary crew member of the Fortune Slave." He'd need to remember this victory when he rejoined the festivities, maybe rub it in Tor's face a little after that scoff she gave him earlier.

Cassandra Xilstine - Fortune Slave

She heard her best friend's voice, then all of the ropes had been snapped. Navi asked her if she was ok, and Cassandra had no answer for her. She collapsed into her friend, her body was shaking as she let out large sobs, something she rarely did. "It was so perfect, Navi! Alora and I were dancing together, I finally told her how I felt, everything was fine. Then my stupid brother came in and made fun of us, so Alora got mad and punched him. I was gonna laugh it all off and calm her down myself but then that stupid cunt, Hattie, had to lose her fucking mind. Now Alora's sad and I cant do anything to cheer her up! It's not fair, Navi!" She rambled as she sobbed into Navi's chest, her thoughts barely coherent as her voice shook from pure emotion.

Mireia, The Fortune Slave

Mireia felt her chest swell with pride. It felt awkward, but it also felt good. She took ahold of his hand, unsure what she was supposed to do. Her expectations of a man kissing her hand would not be reached here; she'd have to get used to that. "Thank you. I look forward to working with you."

Navyra Darling- The Fortune Slave, near Cass
Navi held Cassie as she cried, stroking the girl's head. "I'm sorry all this happened to you, Cassie." She said, sadness in her tone. She hated to see Cassie sad and wanted to punch everyone who made her cry but she knew that that would only make things worse. "Hey, how about we step up to the Crow's Nest and just drink the night away. Just you and me." She offered, wanting to calm Cass's sadness in someway.

Tor'Mur - Fortune Slave
Tor downed the last of the first bottle Navi gave her before moving on to the second. The liquor burned her throat on the way down, but it was some powerful stuff. Shouldn't take too long for her to be sufficiently drunk after she finished the second bottle. Tor could already feel the tell-tale buzz in her skull. Seemed like the party was about to get a little fun after all.

"Likewise." Zathrian said as he gave her hand a firm shake, slightly amused at the confused expression on her face. "You'll have to get used to this, its a sign of mutual respect amongst peers, but, to humor old habits..." He trailed off as he switched his grip on her hand, and gently brought it to his lips. A slightly flirtatious gesture, but also one that acknowledged his noble roots. He let her hand go and looked towards the door to the deck, a frown crossing his face.

"You should take the direct passage to your cabin from here. Most of the crew must be drunk by now, and I don't want them getting rough with you before I can explain the situation. We'll get you actual quarters starting tomorrow. Until then, have a good night, Mireia." He bowed in farewell before making his way out onto the deck. Spotting Tor first, he took a spot next to her. "So Tor, what have I missed?"

She looked up at her friend, eyes red and puffy from crying, and nodded her head slowly. Allowing Navi to guide her from the deck, and up to the nest just as the captain reappeared from his cabin. Z had always felt like a brother to her as well, and certainly treated her better than Bell did at times, so she wanted to complain to him too, but figured she shouldn't tell him in her current state. When she reached the nest she huddled into herself, staring up at the night sky. "Why does love suck, Navi?"

Eirik Crow - Fortune Slave

The giant glanced at Cassie who was crying in the arms of Navi. Poor girl he thought lightly to himself as he finally got the last of the salt out of the pipe stem before setting about switching the broken one for the new one. The captain joining the group caught his eye. The overall look of the elf told him things were going well between him and the woman he had carried aboard earlier.

Alora - Fortune Slave

It didn’t take long before the siren became aware someone --or well some people-- was above her in the crow’s nest. She sighed as she opened her eyes and stared up at the sky. It was then she heard the soft voice of Cassie asking why love sucked. It took her a step back for a moment as she tried to put the question in context. After a moment or two she realized the elf was talking about the way in which she reacted to her trying to comfort her. She rubbed her head at the shame she felt.

Alora had never been good at dealing with others when she was in a fowl mood. Not even the captain could get much of a word in with her till she had calmed back down. She sighed and just listened to the pair as they chatted. She would deal with things in the morning. It would make things easier for every one.

Tor'Mur - Fortune Slave

Tor'Mur gave something that seemed like a part snicker, part giggle at the captain's question. "Cat fight," she said before taking another gulp from the bottle in her left hand. She was still holding the empty one in her right hand. "Wasn't me this time," she added, her voice slightly slurred. Tor looked down at the bottles in her hands before looking at Z with a grin. She held out the bottle in her right hand to him, forgetting that that was the empty one.

Navi looked at Cass with sad eyes at her question before looking back at the night sky. "Love sucks because of the ones you love and the love you put out there. Not saying the people you love are bad, but just how love works." Navi said with a sigh. "Love doesn't work the way we want, in fact, you can wait years and years for that love. It still sits strong with you no matter how long you wait and carves an empty hole in your soul that can't be filled with sex and liquor. It hurts, doesn't it?" Navi fully understood Cass's pain a bit too much and the words she spoke hold truth, experience and pain. Her voice as she spoke held nothingness and hurt.

Reactions: Rue
Bellamy Thaiss
The Fortune Slave - Hatvisa Calvet's Cabin

Bellamy's cheerful smile faded as he watched the woman turn from him and curl into a ball. He noticed the clenching of her fist deeper and deeper into the sheets as her face turned red. The events that unfolded on the upper deck had, indeed, soured the mood and he knew that he was not going to get anywhere with the woman tonight. As he watched her he realized that he no longer cared that he wouldn't be successful in his conquest anymore. It was an unusual feeling for the elf to have as he normally would not be satisfied until he managed to catch his prey. I must be going soft, he thought silently to himself as his smile had completely washed from his face. As much as he didn't enjoy seeing a person upset, he had always told the boys not to bother with an upset woman as they were always more work than profit. Bellamy sighed, he popped open his bottle of rum and drew a long drink from it. He placed the bottle he had brought Hattie on her nightstand and then shuffled his body onto the bed; he stayed sitting but now had his back against the wall with his legs crossed at the ankles spread out in front of him.

"Why am I here?" he repeated her question, "You're upset. That's why." His pink gaze moved to her from the corner of his eye and allowed for the smallest of smiles to kiss his lips. "I met a girl a long time ago, when I was just a boy actually, she was upset like you and the only thing I could think of to do was to read to her." Bellamy's eyes removed themselves from Hattie and he now looked down at his hands which were neatly cupped in his lap. "I know it sounds silly, but would you like me to read to you? I mean... it worked for her."

Everyone on board of the Fortune Slave knew what happened when Bellamy read from a book and he often only read out loud for selfish reasons. He had never offered to read to another person on board before, not even his sister. The man always thought that one day he would read everyone into a place called paradise, a place where everyone could live happily ever after. Reading from an actual book was different from when Bellamy read from his own scribbled notes in his journal; the stories he read from a book came to life and stayed that way until he dismissed them himself whereas the stories he read written from his own hand in his journal could be brought to an end by tearing the page. It was for that reason that finding paradise inside a text was important to him; it was also for that reason that when he read people their storybooks aloud that it was that much more special.

He took the bottle absent-mindedly as Tor mentioned a cat fight. "Cat fight, eh? Between who, and why wasn't Bell taking care of it?" He asked, taking a swig from the bottle only for no liquid to hit his mouth. Once he realized it was empty, he gave his first mate an unamused look. "Tor, are you sauced right now? Because what the hell am I supposed to do with an empty bottle of liquor?" He asked as he threw said bottle overboard.

Sighing, he grabbed another bottle from nearby and cracked it open. A small smile crept up on his face as he remembered his talk with Mireia. "So, guess who managed to get the Martell to work with us using his good looks, charming personality, and silver tongue. That's right, it was me." He boasted proudly. "Told you diplomacy works every now and again."

Cassandra looked at Navi as she answered the powder monkey's questions. Eventually she realized that Navi was talking about herself, not Cass. "You sound like you're speaking from experience, Navi." The half elf scooted over to where her friend was and rested her head on Navi's shoulder. "It hurts a lot. I just hope she wont be so upset tomorrow. So who carved that empty soul into your heart?" She asked inquisitively as she took a bottle of wine and started to drink from it.

Hattie, The Fortune Slave

She gulped, breath shaky as he spoke kindly to her. It tore down her walls inside and the tension in her legs and hands relaxed. Hattie sat up in silence and sighed, grabbing the rum nearby and uncorking the bottle, then taking a swig. She felt her shoulders drop, but also guilt sinking in the pit of her stomach. She realized for a brief moment what was going on. Why was Bell coming to cheer her up instead of his sister? What'd compelled him to go to her first? Hattie didn't understand after what'd happened and she'd gone off on Alora. She was tired and sad. "Shouldn't you be comforting your sister, though? She's probably upset too."

Tor'Mur - Fortune Slave
"Bell was one of the cats!" Tor cackled in response to the captain's first question. When Z mentioned that the bottle was empty she looked down at the remaining bottle in her hand with a frown, swishing the liquid around inside. She shrugged before chugging the remainder of that bottle. Tor dropped the now empty bottle to the deck (amazingly it didn't shatter), and moved to grab another one. The cheap booze wasn't as good as what she just drank, but at this point she wouldn't be able to tell anyway.

Tor looked back at Z as he boasted about his talk with the girl that evening. In response, she simply smiled and patted him on the back. "Good for you. Just say the word and I'll shoot the little princess in the face, a'ight?"

Bellamy Thaiss
The Fortune Slave - Hatvisa Calvet's Cabin

Bellamy raised an eyebrow at Hattie's remark about comforting his sister. He was unsure if that was her way of subtly asking him to leave but he paid it no mind and continued on with his persistent nature. "Cassie? Well, maybe. But there's no way I am going near her right now, especially not with that siren around. I would likely suffer from a swift kick to the family jewels, and I would rather keep them intact, you know?" Bellamy watched Hattie out of the corner of his eye as he drew another swig from his bottle of rum. He felt better about drinking now that she had joined him, it was always awkward to drink alone.

"Well then, would you like me to read to you or would you rather just continue to sit here, drink rum, and chat?" He asked, his voice smooth as his smile was beginning to return.

Mireia, The Fortune Slave

She felt her cheeks color a little at his noble gesture and quickly pulled her hand back when he was done. "Right," she spoke quietly as he left her in the room, "Thank you." Mireia glanced around and noticed that her glass still had wine in it. She walked over to it, grabbed the glass, and headed back to the guest room. She was interested in trying that bottle Navi gave her.

Hattie, The Fortune Slave

Hattie snickered a little at Bellamy's words as she traced the bottle in her hand. It was true; That siren did pack a punch when she was angry. "Um, you can read," she murmured, staring down at the bottle and taking another large gulp. Everything seemed to be falling into place; She was feeling a little better now that things were quiet and Bellamy had decided to try and cheer her up. She moved a little closer to him, hoping he wouldn't mind her leaning against him for comfort. "Is this okay?"

Last edited:
Navyra Darling-Crow's Nest
Navi smiled slightly as Cass laid her head on her shoulder, regarding her question with a light sigh. "If sharing my story can get your mind off on things, I can. Though I haven't told anyone in full about him." She paused, before pulling a bottle out herself and took a swig. "Remember how I told you I escaped from my second's slave master's house after he was killed? Well, on my way I ran into this faery who helped me along my travels." She glanced up at the sky as she ran her hand through Cassie's hair as she use her wind to placed the bottle down next to her. "Six days, I found happiness and love, six days I found what I needed in my life. Six days before it was ripped away. I could have stayed but I didn't, I couldn't. We had things that needed to be fulfilled and gave each other 100 years before we saw each other again."

Her eyes began to water, tears spilling over. "Rennac. Rennac was his name and I miss him so much. I even had a son by him and I couldn't let our son be raised in this lifestyle or by me. A son he doesn't know about." She glanced down at Cass and shook her head. "It's been over 100 years and I don't even know if...I want to see him again so bad." She quickly removed her hand from Cass's hair and wiped at her eyes. "I'm sorry. You didn't need to hear all that."

He chuckled at Tor's words. "Easy there, Tor. I doubt shooting her is gonna be necessary. She may not look it, but she's got a good head on her shoulders. We just gotta get her toughened up and used to our sort of lifestyle. It'll be nice to have a silver tongue on board who can help me out with parleys and such. Good looking girl like her could even charm some gents while Bell takes care of the ladies." He mused aloud, the liquor loosening his lips quite a bit.

Cassandra Xilstine - Crow's Nest

Her eyes began to tear up once again as Navi told her the story of Rennac. The father to Navi's child who she left behind. Her love for the man was clear, and it broke her heart to see her in so much pain. She moved around Navi's arm and put her face in front of Navi's, their eyes locked. "If it's been over 100 years then what are you still doing here?! You should be flying all over Oblitus looking for him right now! I've never heard of a love that was so true, so perfect, that just six days with him has left you pining for over a century. That is a love worth fighting for, Navyra Darling!"

Alora -Fortune Slave

The siren sat up and quietly made her way to the crow's nest. Perhaps it was the story. Perhaps it was the fact she realizes she had been such an ass to Cassie who simply wanted to love her and be loved.

"I have to agree with Cassie. Why the hell are you still here? It's not like you are contract bound," her neon eyes stared at the pair over the edge of the basket the hide in, "what about your kid even? I'm sure they miss you and are lost. Even wondering why you didn't want them."

Back