The Things That Stir In The Night [1x1]

Kimiko sighed. "I'm fine. I must look a wreck." She mumbled, looking down at her hand that was smeared with white makeup. "I should have changed," she despaired, staring down at her clothes. She looked over at Elizabeth, legs behind her already working at something. When she was finished, she had made a long strip of silk (a blindfold) along with something that looked like a small toy rabbit.

She turned to Connor and Leah, holding out the blindfold, the toy and the blanket. "It's okay, Leah," she said quietly. "But we can't keep covering her eyes like that." She tipped her head towards the blindfold.

Eva looked up at the three, scowling. "Get over here and help us!" She barked harshly. One of her teeth was escaping from her gums, slipping out into view. Elizabeth, while not fighting, kept weakly stirring, trying to roll over though Clement wouldn't let her.

Connor and Leah nodded at Kimiko when she said she was fine. Leah was quick to shake her head when Kimiko noted her appearance. "Aww you don't look that bad. It's just a bit of dirt," Leah said with a small tap on the ground. Connor grabbed the sewn items and gave them to Leah, who had changed into her normal human appearance at the gesture. She had left while Connor stayed and picked off stray pieces of leaves and clumps of dirt that still hung onto the kimono.

Leah hurried over to Eva and handed her the sewn blindfold, and still kept the other items in her arms for when they were needed. She didn't like it when Eva got irritated; it unnerved her a little when folks got angry, and when that person was a cannibal, one tends to get worried. "Here," Leah offered as she gave the blindfold to her.

Kimiko shook her head at Leah's reassurances. "These were my good clothes too," she mumbled, picking off a mushy leaf. She considered taking her kimono off; she did have something on underneath it, a sort of long white dress, but it was very thin, practically see-through, and underneath that she wasn't wearing anything at all, so she decided against it. She needed to start wearing normal clothes...

Eva snatched the blindfold away and tied it over Elizabeth's eyes, just a little bit too tight than it should have been. She took the blanket next and wrapped it around her small body, again too tight so that the girl couldn't move around. The black-eyed child made whispery moans in protest, but couldn't do much to fight back. Satisfied, Clement let go of her and laid her gently down on the ground, though still keeping watch over her.

Eva turned to the rest of the group. "Okay, what now?" She asked, folding her arms and jutting her hip out to the side.
Kimiko folded her hands together. "We should bring her back to the academy first." She said, reluctant to get the girl caught up in a battle that she was quite sure would happen.
At this suggestion, Elizabeth summoned up all of her strength to speak. "N-no!" She blubbered. "D-d-don't make me! She's horrible!" She triggered her acting skills again.
Clement knelt down near her and placed a hand on her forehead. He made a sound that was quite like a shush, but it was sort of mushy and slurred. She settled again with another groan, letting her head drop against the ground.

Connor had gotten done dusting off Kimiko and stood a few paces back, chuckling a bit at how Kimiko looked at her clothes. While he did understand about not wanting dirt on your clothes, it was a bit amusing at how she fussed over it. He was a boy after all.
Leah watched as Eva tied the blindfold over Elizabeth's eyes, and then the blanket around her body rather tightly. Leah winced a little and mulled over the girl's position, her finger tapping her lip as she pouted a bit. "Don't you think that's a bit tight Eva? She's not a carpet after all," Leah said with a small eyebrow raised.

Connor concurred with Kimiko about taking Elizabeth back to the academy; he sensed as well that the next objective wouldn't be so easy to deal with. "I second taking her back," he said with a nod. When the girl protested, Leah and Connor looked at the girl, wondering what her problem was.

"She talking about Ms. Marsh? She's nice!" Leah said with a small huff. She shook her head and stepped forward. "Maybe Eva and me should and take her back. I'm the fastest when it comes to travel, and we need to take advantage of the daylight while we still can," Leah suggested with a somewhat serious look on her face.

Eva scowled at Leah. "What, you want her running off?" She snarked. "If we keep her like that she won't try and get away."
Clement made a sound like a sigh, and he would have rolled his eyes if he could. In as long as he had been a member of the top five students - he was the newest member of them all, having been a replacement for a previous doll-master who had been able to graduate from the school due to her mostly normal appearance - Eva only ever got snappy when she was getting annoyed...which was actually quite frequently.

Kimiko winced at Leah's suggestion. She was hesitant to leave Eva with the girl, since she would probably do anything to keep the child quiet. "Maybe you could go alone." She offered quickly.
Eva nodded. "You're strong enough to take her back yourself, Leah." She said. "I'm only fast in water."

Clement thought for a few moments, before he seemed to realise something. He opened up his bag and looked into it, face creased with worry. He stood up at made an odd 'ah' sound, pointing to his empty bag.
Kimiko frowned. "His dolls." She muttered. "Won't it take long to find them?"

Leah flinched at Eva's remark, sighing as she knew she wouldn't win the argument. She kept her lips closed and crossed her arms, staring at the muttering child as she weakly struggled in her binds. When Kimiko made a suggestion regarding Leah and Elizabeth, she blinked and turned her head in surprise, as she didn't hear her clearly.

"Wait what? What you want me to do what?" Leah asked with a surprised tone of voice. Connor spoke up to say what Kimiko said. "She suggested that you go and return the girl alone side you're the quickest and strongest for travel. It makes sense," Connor said with a nod. Leah blinked and turned her gaze to the girl, standing still and thinking on it before she turned to the others.

"Alright then, I'll go," Leah said as she backed off and transformed into a shadow, then in her shadow form, turned into a dragon. "I'll be back shortly." She carefully grabbed the girl in her talons and spread her wings, taking off in the direction of the academy before anyone could say anything to her.

Connor watched as Leah took off, mentally wishing her a safe and uneventful travel back. He looked down to Clement when he began to fuss over something, blinking when he revealed his dolls still gone. "Can't you recall them back Clement?" Connor asked with a bit of concern.

Kimiko smiled softly at Leah, giving a silent 'thank you' through the grateful look in her eyes. She watched Leah go and then turned back to the others, looking towards Clement mainly.

The voodoo doll boy shook his head rapidly at Connor. Though his face didn't have much emotion, it was clear that he was desperate to get the little dolls back to him.
Eva sighed a little. "Why didn't you tell us before you sent them out?" She asked, voice certainly accusing.
Clement looked down at his bag and then shrugged. He obviously hadn't thought about it.

Kimiko pursed her lips. "They'll be good in a fight." She pointed out.
Eva sighed. "Yeah, so are we." She pointed out. "We don't need any more backup. We can always go and find them later on."
Clement's mouth opened as much as it could in horror. He shook his head violently. He tried to say something, but it was just as jumbled as always. He dragged his hand across his neck to try and get his message across.
"...can they die?" Kimiko asked quietly, holding her elbow in one hand and chewing her other knuckle. Clement nodded again.

Eva pouted. "Can't you just make more?" She asked.
Clement whipped his head around and fixed Eva with a glare. He took a deep breath. "Err ye efferin?" He slurred, having obviously put great effort into the three, barely eligible words.
Eva tilted her head in confusion, not understanding, and sighed. "So, what now?"

Leah flapped her wings as she flew over the forest trees. She had Elizabeth firmly, yet comfortably, in her talons, and just in case, the dragon often checked to see if the child was still safe. "Don't worry Elizabeth, you'll be fine with us. You may say that you do not like it here, but you just haven't given it a chance. Give Ms. Marsh a chance - she's really nice if you talk to her," Leah said as she looked back to the immobilized child. A low rumbling purr came from Leah's throat as she looked down at the girl: she may be a Black-Eyed Child, but she felt that the girl could be made to be friendlier and more sociable if she had someone to be with as she explored the academy. "Also, I'm sorry that you're all wrapped up like this. If it was me, I'd just let you ride me on my back like my friends. Perhaps we can do that some time in the future," Leah said with a small sigh.

"You know, my mom used to sing to me when I was sad or nervous. Since I liked horses, she sang this one lullaby in particular. She rarely sung any other song," the dragon said with a nostalgic sigh. She looked back up and flapped her wings once more, mustering up her voice to sing a lullaby as she flew.

"Hush-a-bye, Don't you cry
Go to sleep, my little baby
When you wake, you shall have
All the pretty little horses
Blacks and bays, dapples and grays
Coach and six a little horses
Hush you bye, Don't you cry
Go to sleep little baby
When you wake, you shall have
All the pretty little horses
All the pretty little horses"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a good while of flying, Leah had finally gotten to the gates of the academy, and used her hind legs to land while holding Elizabeth with her main paws. She landed with decent skill and accuracy, landing right before her large wings touched the gates. She roared a little and tapped the gates with her paw, waiting for them to open as she stood while cradling the child.

Eventually, the gates opened, revealing an averaged sized teen who looked like he was sixteen or seventeen. His shaggy dirty blond hair bounced as he stepped back a bit, a bang waving around his left eye. He looked normal with his spaciously fit jeans and shirt, and decent shoes made him look presentable for causal guests. But what made him be a resident here was what he did, not what he looked like.

The young man looked up at a black dragon that looked like it was made of shadows and raised an eyebrow in amusement. "Why hello Leah. Have a nice flight?" the boy asked with a wave of his hand. Leah smirked and stepped through the gates with a snort, passing by the boy before she turned around. "Why yes I did Benji thanks for asking," Leah said with a playfully sarcastic tone. Benji - short for Benjamin - She shifted her head to see something attached to his waist. The dragon smirked and shifted her body, tilting her head as she lowered it closer to Benji.

"So I see that you brought Cynthia with you. Can't you ever leave in your room? It's not like anyone's gonna want to take her," Leah asked with a small tail flick. The thing with Benji wasn't that he looked funny, it was that he acted rather... Unusual. He liked to experiment with death. So much so it got to the point when he began to kill small animals.... Then he went to humans. He seemed to be on that unique spectrum where he spoke and acted so kindly to others, it would seem as if he was incapable of hurting anything. While she wasn't entirely scared of Benji, she would be able to admit that his nice demeanor and general curiosity made him unpredictable. Benji grinned and tapped his two foot long machete gently, nodding as he looked down to the long blade of steel.
"Yup! No way I'm gonna leave her behind at all. She's mine and mine alone," the boy said as he stepped forward. "I believe you have to give me someone?" He asked kindly. Leah and Benji gave each other some departing words a before she took off again, her giant wings flapping noisily as she took to the skies again.

Connor sighed as he listened to the situation at hand. He suspected that Clement would get more and more worried as time went by, and he didn't want the boy to be worried - the plan might suffer, not to mention Clement himself. Connor really wanted to find the dolls so he wouldn't stress so much, but he didn't want to spend too much time, as the day might be used up for dolls instead of finding the girl who dwelled here.

Suddenly, a large bellowing sound echoed in the distance. Connor, who was going to open his mouth to suggest something, jerked his head in the direction of the sound, his mouth slightly slack as he listened to the echoes. "What was that?" Connor asked as he stepped a bit closer to Kimiko.

Last edited:
Elizabeth seemed to hold her breath all through the flight. The feeling of nothing below her apart from some sharp talons made her heart race, and not in the good way. She went entirely still and limp, even moreso than she had been before. She barely looked like she was alive. There was one, small sign of life. A tiny, unwilling smile came on her face when Leah suggested flying on her back. She would be fine with that, with something more solid beneath her.

When Leah started singing, it was like everything changed. Elizabeth yawned a little, and she turned onto her side. In seconds, it was clear that she was asleep.

She woke up as soon as she touched the ground. She woke up the same as she did before, jerking around a few times before trying to lift herself up with a short shout of pain. She listened quietly to what was going on around her, holding her breath again. When Leah left, Benji sighed.

"Alright, let's get you out of that." He said. There was a smooth 'shhhnk' sound as he drew his machete. Elizabeth let out a slow whimper at the sound, and tried again to get out, to no avail. "Shh, don't worry, I won't hurt you," he said, kneeling on the ground next to her. "Just keep still..." he mumbled as he started to slice the blanket open. As he did, he kept one hand over Elizabeth's arm, keeping her down.

He knew that he shouldn't let her look into his eyes. Slowly, he pulled her up to her feet. She wavered in standing, sort of shaky, but she stayed standing because of Benji holding her up by the hand. Very carefully, he started to walk Elizabeth towards Ms. Marsh's office, near the back of the campus.

At the roar, Clement jumped up to his feet, forgetting about his dolls for a second. Kimiko's spider legs all spread out as far as they could go, twitching and reading to jump and attack. Kimiko, however, looked quite afraid, hands pulled up to her chest as she took a few steps back.

Eva took on a bit of a demonic, if not animalistic appearance. Her teeth sprung out of her gums and she got down on all fours, snarling and spitting like an angry cat more than a mermaid-girl.

Kimiko looked around. "I-I don't know," she stuttered. "Maybe we should go back..."

Connor looked to Kimiko with a bit of a frown.

"But we're supposed to find the older girl. What are we going to tell-"

"Eeeeerrrwoooogh!!!!"

The bellowing sound echoed once again as Connor spoke... And it sounded a bit more closer than the last time. Connor turned around with a tensed body, his eyes wide with nervousness as he focused his body in one direction. If one focused on the slightest distant sound or the softest thunder of a vibration, they would notice the source of the sound running at a fast and hard pace.

"Eeeeerraaaoooogh!!!!"

The sound called out again. Connor shook his head and searched for something to defend himself with, his breath a bit shaky as his eyes darted around his immediate surroundings. He eventually spotted a large branch, and ran over to grab it. It was flimsy yet sturdy, and long enough to slap and whip enemies with. Satisfied, Connor cautiously shuffled back to the group and raised his branch high in the air.

"It sounds like its getting closer," Connor said as he looked between trees. After a few minutes of a gradually increasing presence, Connor tensed up and readied himself for attack. The group would be able to hear it getting closer... Closer... Closer...

And then...

The creature pops out of the trees in a shriek of panic. It leaped over Eva with front limbs flailing wildly, panicking greatly as it stomped in the center of the strange children. Connor blinked in surprise as he took a good look at the culprit of their wariness: a large male deer. But he was partly wounded and a bit bloodied up. The deer seemed to panic even more when it saw the amount of inhuman aliens around him, and rose up to strike the nearest enemy - Clement. The deer clipped the voodoo doll boy on the chest with a hoof, then leaped away to escape further in the woods.

Connor gasped at the entire event and ran to Clement's side, seeing if he was alright. "Clement! Are you hurt?" Connor asked with concern.

Last edited:
Kimiko shook her head. "We can come back to find her!" She shouted over the roar. The legs behind her started at work, creating a long net with weights on the side in hope of restraining the attacker if it came their way. Hearing the heavy footsteps, she decided against it, dropping the net. Out of pure fear, she fell backwards onto her legs and scuttled up a tree, hiding in the leaves above.

Clement took a few staggering steps backwards, touching the ground lightly with one of his hands. He froze as he was, making a swishy, hissy sound in the back of his throat that seemed more out of fear than trying to defend himself. When the deer leapt out, he stood up. He liked the look of those antlers...if he could just get them off...

Eva leapt at the deer, jaw snapping. Her teeth latched around the stag's back leg, but her teeth slipped right into an already existing wound. Surprised, she let go, and the deer reeled up and attacked Clement.

The voodoo boy made a sound like a gasp, but it didn't really hurt. He cupped one of his fingerless hands to his chest, and upon moving it away there was a green sort of grass spilling out of it. Kimiko dropped down from the trees, forgetting her fear for a moment as she rushed forward to Clement, who was making wailing-panicking noises as he tried to keep the moss from spilling out of him.

"Spanish moss," Kimiko muttered. She slowly pushed Clement back onto his back, hushing him quietly to try and get him settled. He relaxed, and in the blink of an eye Kimiko was sewing him back up using silk and one of her legs. It was a messy and wobbly stitch, but it closed the cut up. "I'll get Sophia to fix it better," she whispered to the voodoo boy, and though he looked a little afraid, he nodded slightly. Sophia was a Seamstress - a woman who killed her victims using sewing equipment and made clothes out of their skin. That being said, she was very good at what she did.

Eva, still on all fours and mouth dripping with the deers blood, looked back out at the forest. "In case you didn't notice, that deer was running from something!" She hissed. "We gotta fight it!"

Connor put his elbow on his opposite hand as he contemplated whether to continue or retreat. Right now, everyone had gotten high strung and wary; something that the girl could take to her advantage. He wanted everyone to be alert and clear in the head, not full of anxiety and adrenaline and aggression. Plus, Clement was somewhat injured. It wasn't as if he was doubtful of his abilities and endurance, it was that everything was thrown out of balance already... And because of a damn deer. He turned his head to Eva and studied her for a moment. She was more than eager to fight and dig her teeth into another enemy.

"No Eva! We'll figure it out tomorrow. At least then we'll know where to begin looking when we come back here," Connor said as he helped Clement up on his feet. He turned around to suddenly sense an ominous feeling in his body - like some pulse of negative or dark energy was nearby...

Or perhaps they was being watched.

His eyes widened beneath his shades as he looked around, and searched for anything out of the ordinary. Eventually, in the distance, he saw a couple of glowing brown eyes glaring at him and the rest of the group. He gasped and widened them even more, then quickly turned around to the rest of the group.

"Guys! Something is over there in the tree! Look!" Connor exclaimed as he pointed to a now empty space. He frowned and grunted in confusion, unsure of what was happening. "No way... Where'd it go? I don't like this... We're leaving now," Connor decided as he turned around to walk back to where they came. But before he took any significant amount of a distance, something would attack Eva - an attack reminiscent of a handful of claws slashing at Eva's lower back would inflict damage, and a hissing sound would be prominent in their vicinity as the creature grabbed Eva's hair and threw her to a tree. The thing that attacked Eva would have already been a good distance from striking range of anyone, and the snarling hisses would seem to surround the four teens before suddenly stopping.

Kimiko pushed her hands under Clement's arms and helped Connor lift him up. She stood up after and patted Clement's shoulder reassuringly. The young voodoo boy ran a hand over the messy stitch. He felt like, if he'd just had his dolls, then maybe he would've been okay. He made a humph sound, and pointed off in the direction of the academy. He could go and get his dolls later. They would wait for him. They would keep safe for as long as they needed to.

Eva glared at Connor. "What, so we're just gonna let something dangerous stick around?" She shouted, running her tongue over her teeth. She was obviously starving, and there was a good chance that she'd skipped lunch judging by her attitude.

All three of them turned their heads to look where Connor was pointing. "Not funny, Connor!" Kimiko snapped when she saw that there was nothing there. She rarely ever snapped; the stress was getting to her. She nodded at his suggestion, letting Clement go and moving to walk after him.

Eva shook her head. "Are you mad-" before she could shout any more at them, she felt her hair being grabbed. Before she knew it, she was slumped at the bottom of a tree, vomiting harshly. Her vomit seemed to be parts of fish that seemed to not be digesting - random parts like scales, bones, and even one eye - and more blood, coming right from Eva herself. She retched, struggling to stay sitting up. She had been wearing a crop top, meaning that her back was unprotected, and full of deep red cuts that spilt blood everywhere. On top of that, the force of being lifted by her hair seemed to have damaged her scalp, meaning that that was bleeding as well. In seconds, her beauty had disappeared under a cover of blood.

Kimiko froze in place, staring from Eva to the creature. She clutched her hands to her chest, frozen up in fear. Even her spider legs seemed frozen in place. Clement's mouth fell open as much as it could. He shuffled forwards slowly, intending to distract the beast. As long as they came back for him, and as long as they had a summoner or an enchanter or a medium on campus - and they definitely had at least one of each - he could be fixed, even if he was ripped to shreds.

Leah was flying happily on her way back to the group, a smile on her face for a majority of the flight. Suddenly, she heard a rather loud bellowing noise below her. "What the?" Leah said to herself as she lowered herself between the trees. She eventually saw a creature bounding through the forest at top speed, or rather, as fast as it could on its healthier legs. Had she startled something? No, it sounded as if something else spooked the animal. The dragon noticed that the creature was familiar, and shifted into a wolf to see better.
It turned out to be a deer, and it was already wounded! It was then that Leah realized that the deer was being hunted by something. She didn't know what it was, but she figure it was wiser to move out of sight before she became a target. Shifting into a normal shadow, Leah continued on to her friends with concerned thoughts and concepts swirling through her head. Suddenly, the smell that she had picked up from Elizabeth's footprint earlier wafted to her nose, making her lift her wolf ears with a whine. The smell was stronger than last time, which most likely meant that the owner of the smell was much closer than last time.

Then she heard loud hissing in the distance.

Not even a minute later, she smelled blood in the air that smelled like Eva's blood. Leah lowered her ears with a whine and dashed off in the direction of the smells. Her friends were in trouble!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Eva!"

Connor gasped in horror when Eva was suddenly slashed and launched to a tree by an unknown enemy. He winced as she retched blood and stomach contents, immediately feeling pity and anger as she lay bloodied and injured. He turned his body around and stared as a black hoodied figure crept out of the shadows, hissing lightly as blood dripped from their hand. The being seemed to walk similarly to a dinosaur, with the bare feet lightly crunching the leaves by the toes instead of the whole foot.

He studied them with intense wariness as he gripped the branch that he forgot he was holding even tighter than last time, waving it as if he was about to play baseball. He glanced at his comrades; Kimiko froze in fear as he suspected, and Clement was getting dangerously close to the enemy, who had turned their head to glare at Clement. "Clement.... I don't think you should be so close-" Connor began to say before he was cut off by a low growling sound.

Connor's eyes stayed unwavering as he eyed the hooded person stalk their way towards Clement. They flexed the bloody hand, baring a fang as they circled the doll. "Inhuman strangers near my territory.... Unacceptable," the voice said with a low growl, revealing the being to be female.

Last edited:
Clement tipped his head slightly towards Connor. He made a sound that sounded like the word 'relax', shuffling ever closer to the beast.

The group went silent when the thing finally spoke. Suddenly, there was a tiny, raspy laugh, a chuckle. "You're...not exactly human...yourself..." Eva hissed. She held on tightly to the tree trunk, forcing herself to stand up. She retched again, but nothing came up anymore. It was all sinking into the dirt now. "Does...this...look like the work...of...a human?" She asked. She lifted one hand and gestured to her body. Practically every inch of her was covered in a wound, dirt, blood, or mud. "I...I don't...think so." She was leaning against the tree trunk, unable to support her own body weight. She had retracted her teeth. She looked just like a normal person.

Clement took a few steps closer to the beast, making a slurry hissy sound in the back of his throat. He tried to speak, but was just making sort of frightening slurry sounds as he crept closer to the thing, practically daring it to attack him.

The hooded female growled as she turned her head halfway, her eyes narrowed as she glared at Eva. "Hehe... You're right.... But then again, there are a couple of predators here in the forest... Can you prove that you weren't attacked by an animal instead?" the female asked with a slight taunt in her voice. When she heard the doll make hissing sounds, the female quickly turned her head and backed away, snarling with an open mouth as she lowered her head. "My host doesn't like it when folks are near her territory, and frankly, neither do I," the raspy hissy voice claimed with a glare towards Kimiko and Connor. "Strange.... There are more of you.... More strange creatures that I've yet to know properly," the female said as she kept her eye on Clement.

Connor couldn't help but be curious about the manner in which the female was speaking. He assumed that this female was speaking on her own, but when the words 'my host' he couldn't deny that there was more than one being to deal with. Then the words of Ms. Marsh came back to him:

"Don't be fooled; she is possessed and I'm not sure how good she is at controlling the demon in her..."

Of course! This isn't the girl speaking; this is her demon taking control. It made more sense now, but that didn't make Connor any less angry at how they attacked Eva. "Why'd you attack Eva like that? She didn't do anything to you!"

The girl shifted an eye towards Connor at his question, a small smile gracing her face as she stood up straighter. "But she did.... Can you recall a deer running in fear through here? I was hunting it, and she bit it. I can smell the deer's blood on her flesh," the girl hissed as she took a look to the wounded mermaid on the tree. "I dislike anyone attacking my prey. There's a certain.... Etiquette when it comes to hunting, and you broke it. You are lucky that you received those wounds - I gave you a break really, so you should be thankful," the girl said with a hissing chuckle. Her focus was once again brought to the doll creeping closer to her, and she gave him a loud threatening hiss. "Come any closer and you won't like your choice," she threatened.

Last edited:
Eva narrowed her eyes at the creature, but they kept on fading shut before she forced them back open. "I've hunted...every animal...on this fucking planet." She claimed, voice a huff. "Nothing...normal does this."

Kimiko seemed to break out of her freeze as she noticed Eva falter and nearly fall down. To avoid having to directly pass the creature, she zipped up into the tree behind her and zipped right over, dropping herself down by the mermaid. She caught Eva just as she fell, but she wasn't quite unconscious. Though she clearly wanted to protest to Kimiko touching her, she couldn't do it for her exhaustion. Kimiko brought Eva down onto her lap, and keeping one of her many eyes on the creature, did as much first aid as she could manage, bandaging up the cuts with extensive amounts of silk bandages.

She watched as the creature turned away from them to threaten Clement. In half a second, she had gathered the now unconscious Eva into her legs and zipped up a tree, now swinging back in the direction of the school as fast as she could manage. Clement watched them go with a slight smile, and his button eyes darted to Connor, obviously trying to encourage him to do the same.

The voodoo boy turned back to the violent beast. He lifted one arm and pulled it towards himself, obviously in a sort of 'I dare you' motion. He looked fearless, even through his size made him just look foolish.

The girl shifted her eyes to Kimiko as she finally moved.

'If Janine was watching this, she'd be somewhat unnerved. She is an interesting creature that one.... Can't wait to break a leg or two,' the demon thought with a chuckle as Kimiko scrambled away with her first victim.

Connor watched with urgent approval when Kimiko took Eva away, mentally praying for her to be alright when he and Clement got to the academy. He soon took his focus to Clement and the hooded demon, noticing when the doll boy tried to urge him to take his leave. Connor shook his head and raise the branch up, waiting for the right moment to strike.

The girl showed a toothy grin as she was taunted, her hands -with the medium length nails that could be passed as claws - flexed out as she stepped a bit closer, then froze to give a glare as she shifted her eyes around Clement's body. She then rushed Clement with impressive speed, leaping on Clement's chest and shoulders with a snarling hiss. She clambered to Clement's backside and slashed at his shoulders, using her feet to stay upright and attached to the doll whilst she made her assault.

Clement made something like a glare at Connor, a mixed look of disgust and horror on his face. He barked and hissed, switching between telling Connor off and trying to intimidate the creature that kept on coming ever closer. As soon as he saw the paws leave the ground, he let out an unearthly screech, coming from the soul inside of him instead of the body itself.

He didn't put up a fight, even as he was being torn to shreds. It wasn't a gory scene, considering that his entire body was burlap and moss. Even still, the materials of him went flying every which way, in such a way that it looked like it could never be stitched back up. In seconds, the body was gone, burlap in all directions. Ominously - but, as per usual if Clement got hurt to such an extent - over a scarp of burlap that used to be his face, a boy stood. He was skinny, bluish, had a bloody nose and mouth, and had a black nose as well as black fingers that he tapped together nervously. He was dressed like someone from the seventeenth century.

This was Clement's 'true' form, if you will. A teen who had died in 1668 from the black plague. He looked up at Connor and frowned. "What're you doing?" He whispered. "Go. While it's distracted." He hesitated, then sat down on the ground, black fingers lightly grazing his button eye. "I'm not going anywhere." He smiled a little as he looked down at his voodoo face, revealing teeth covered in his own blood.

Kimiko, hearing Clement's shout, knew that something had gone badly wrong. In pure instinct, she spun herself around and sprinted back, acutely aware that Connor was far from invincible. Once she could see Clement's ghost, she knew that things were definitely not good. She was standing directly above Connor. With a deep breath, she stretched one of her legs down to Connor, tapping him on the back. "Come on," she whispered.

Connor blinked when Clement glared at him the way he did. He didn't want to leave him alone with the demon child, even if he was able to be sewn back together. He tried to protest, but he was soon silenced by vicious screeching. Connor cover his ears and stumbled backwards, looking up to see his burlap body torn to shreds. He gasped and stood in shock, staying a bit behind a tree as the demon girl stepped back from her mossy carnage. She was breathing heavily for a moment before hissing with satisfaction, then stepped a bit backwards until she caught sight of Connor.

Connor gasped and cursed under his breath, tensing up until a figure appeared. Both the boy and the girl stopped themselves to stare at the bloodied boy with black appendages, with Connor sighing while the girl stood in wariness. She backed up a few inches, but some curiosity grabbed hold, keeping her still. This curiosity was Janine's actual consciousness wriggling up, trying to take back control. For a while, she was struggling with the demon, as the demon still wanted to attack, but the ghost in front of her was more alluring than anything. Janine eventually won out, and this was shown by the fog in her eyes fading away.
Janine shook her head and panted, confused at what she was looking at. She then growled and kept her distance, circling the ghost as he touched the pieces of his doll body. In a burst of nerves, Janine slashed her bloody hand at the ghost, as if she was testing the tangibility of the spirit.

Connor gasped as he watched the demon and Clement. He hadn't seen his ghost in a long while, so it was a bit of a bit of surprise. When he felt a poke at his back, he gasped, turning to see Kimiko behind him. He sighed and let himself be lifted up, wanting to get out of the area before they got spotted.

Back