The Wider Galaxy

The King Of Rats

An open book, not the best written, but still open
The galaxy is a puzzle box, a map, a book. It is all these things and more, for it holds secrets and stories, dangers and treasures and many civilizations both young and old of human and alien. It is unknown when humanity left its own star in flocks to colonize other worlds but it is known they where a fractured people, some even say they left out of necessity, that their world was dying and that leaving was the only choice but who knows? What is known is that humanity has spread itself across the stars, some adapting in strange ways, becoming only an offshoot of humans. Some made contact with intelligent life and worked together to better both civilizations. And some, by choice or not, lost their technological prowess, becoming something less advanced than what they once where.

Either way, here your empire lies, you have complete control over your planet, as best you can have at least and it is time for you to touch the stars once again...or perhaps the starts have their eyes on you?

(i would write a proper intro but my internet is terrible right now and i don't wanna keep you lads and lasses waiting)

Start: Confederacy of Science.

"The probability of success is difficult to estimate; but if we never search? The chance of success is zero."
It has been some time since the Magumians discovered space travel. While they were a very science-based civilization, they remained on their hallow planet, Undra. On the surface was nothing but ash and rubble, baren wastelands and in some places, active volcanoes. Surely this planet had no signs of life right? Wrong. Underneath the Planet's surface was a world of beauty, lush landscapes, forests, and a entire race living on the walls and inside the planet. They were known as the Magumians; a secretive race that had one goal in mind; to research anything and everything the galaxy has to offer, including ways of making their planet more habitable. Once they had made themselves able to reach the stars and explore the galaxy they call home, they surprisingly did not immediately rush out to meet the other species. What did they do? The one thing they knew how to do; Invent.

Designing numerous technologies, including prototype weapons and starship parts, they would be known in the galaxy as a strong and reliable source of technology. And there would be one member of their race that would be the spearhead of trade and diplomacy.

latest

Raynar Magnus.
A passionate ruler, he kept the planet and the entire race in check. With his military experience when fending off invaders and wild creatures, any kind of diplomacy went through him and him alone. He did not rely on his Government to make a decision as he proven that his advisers had tried to lead him down the wrong paths, and make the wrong choices. Under his care, the civilization had made numerous technological advancements, and with his support allowed the ability to travel to space.

Now? It was time to meet the other races, and make positive changes to the galaxy. Or bad, it didn't matter so much. The question is, who would bump into this race first? Who would be the first to secure a beneficial trade agreement with this unknown race of Scientists and Researchers and Manufacturers? Only time would tell.

Uca - Log 19472

Hmmm....near 540 years since my awakening and I have done so much. It was rather tiring if I do say so myself. I have managed to awaken and produce 17910009726 labor forms, designed and refitted 15247112 military forms as well as come up with a new military doctrine to use as well as design and refit over 47182 space vessels. I will admit I am rather wound up a bit tight at the moment but perhaps a month or two of light work can help me relax. But will have to wait. I have 872 Planetary Nexus ready for travel with another 2071 being manufactured as I speak and they will be my metaphorical eyes and ears.

I do not have the time to properly scan and search every single system, so I will need to throw caution to the wind and shotgun the galaxy. I have formed 200 small fleets, each with 4 Caravans, 6 Leviathans, 2 Behemoth and 1 Colossus. I am going to send these fleets out in every direction in order to survey the galaxy as quickly as possible. I have been asleep for too long and the galaxy is now foreign to me. I need to find out who I now share this galaxy with and make allies with them in order to prepare for the coming war. It shouldn't be too hard. To my knowledge, I am still the most advanced being in the galaxy. The closest thing to a perfect being there is really. I wonder if others shall think of me as such, or if they will find me perverse and vile. Or would they worship me as a diety of some sort. Wouldn't that be a fun thing? To be worshiped by primitive beings. It would be nice for a momentary distraction.

[Uca has sent out 200 fleets to survey the galaxy through the use of sloppy easily detected planetary scans from the upper atmosphere. He will most likely start diplomatic relations with any sentient who attempt to communicate. Whether your species acknowledge him or not is up you.]​

Last edited:
(Now that I have free time, it begins!)
Sslath watched as the embers rose from the fire, where the Rock Shaper worked. It had taken time to convince the Strongest to send his Weakers to carve out pretty brown lines with nothing but stones at their disposal, but now that he had given the order Sslath was intent on seeing it through.

He watched as the nimble gloved hands of the Rock Shaper flashed through the fires, arms resting in the flames with ease while the hands themselves kept him protecting from the Liquid Rock. If she was right about this, he may take her as a Red-mate, for her contribution years to come. A rock that cannot break would give the Ba'akesh the final key to dominating the Red Nest.

So he watched, and he waited. From time to time he would find himself swaying, his body wishing to nap in the cool afternoon shade. Yet he didn't, as to leave would mean he did not care anymore about the Stone Shaper's idea, the exact opposite of his true thoughts.

In reality, it did not take long for her rocks to beat the harder rock into a shape, before using a skin to douse the flames enough that when it solidified it resembled a sharper rock, with a minute point at one end. Eventually dousing the entirety of the fire, Sslath watched with rapt attention as the brown rock, which the Stone Shaper dubbed [Copper], was finally cool enough to touch.

Reverentially passing the Copper to the Strongest, the stone shaper gestues towards a rock of similar size. Stepping forwards, Sslath covers the sides of the rock in his two front arms before bringing down the Copper with all his might. And the rock split. In. Two.

After a minute of silence, Sslath turns back to the Stone Shaper, K'thrae. "Go. Gather my people, as many as you can. Bring them here and tell them what they must do to have more of this. And gather the children. You shall teach them your ways. After that... meet me in my tent." He orders, K'thrae turning her back and running off the moment he was done.

Looking down at the Copper, Sslath grips it tightly. He had a challenge today, and it would be good to see which was stronger, the copper or his son's skull.

Prazieh had just finished giving a speech to the Xetno that was a a general state of the people. Things that the Congress wanted her to highlight, as well as things she herself wanted to make light of were included. She was standing in front of the podium, in the Palace's large theatre area. It could seat tens of thousands of people, and was often the location where major events were held in the capitol. The flawless lighting making her armor practically come alive in the eyes of her people. Every exquisite detail can be highlighted to everyone in the venue, as well as those watching the broadcast across the planet. With the body of the speech out of the way, the only thing left to do was lead her people in the Pledge of the Xetno.

Drawing her sword with passion, she held it high and forward, the light gleaming off the expertly crafted weapon. Undoubtedly blinding a few unlucky Xetno in the crowd who happen to be at right angle to catch the reflection off the immaculate surface of the blade. As soon as those in the theatre, and those watching the broadcast see this, they thrust their fists up in the air. Yelling with as much passion as she can muster, Prazieh begins the pledge.

"PEOPLE OF NATURE!!" Echoes throughout the hall, as Prazieh's voice carries throughout the perfectly crafted acoustical room. A Thundering reply from everyone is yelled in response, with passion equalling the Warrior Queen. "RISEN FROM THE ASHES!!" As the last of the voices dies out, the authoritative yet beautiful voice of the Queen rings out once again. "THROUGH STRUGGLE WE PERSEVERED!!" A short pause is held, before the tens of thousands of voices join the gorgeous Queen in the final verse. "EVER VIGILANT!!"

A loud cheer erupts after the pledge is finished, while Prazieh sheathes the ornate sword. Smiling brightly at the crowd, she waves at some on the front row as she turns and exits the stage. A few of those lucky enough to meet her eyes and receive the gesture, swooning in the crowd. As she walks through the back hallways, the rest of her elite special forces unit, which double as her own body guards form up around her as they make their way into the underground passage from the theatre to her private area of the palace. "Well done, Praz." A deep male voice says, as her squad removes their helmets. "Thanks, Broz." The beautiful Queen replied with. "Everyone needs to get rest tonight. We have a long simulation ahead of us. General Yopseh thinks we have began to grow weak. It is time we show him just how strong we are in the coming simulation." Her second in command, affectionately known as Broz, replied in the affirmative.

As they group reach the Queen's quarters, Prazieh went inside, while 2 guards stationed themselves outside. She removed her armor, placing it back on the ornately crafted stands that were made to hold it while also making it easy to put in a rush. After removing her bulletproof garments and other things, her weapons found their easy to reach places as she made her way to the massive bath house. After thoroughly cleaning herself, she returned to quarters where she climbed into her bed of unrivaled comfort. Falling asleep just as her head hit the pillow. Excited to prove just how strong the Xetno are under her leadership in the coming days.​

Fleet 174
@Iamtheecchiking
After a few months of warping through space, and scanning around 48 barren planets, I have come to planet number 49. Right away this planet seems to have life growing on it, but not just any life. I have found Intelligent life. This was quite the treat. I didn't even need to scan the planet or anything which was rather convenient. Still I should just in case. Fleet 174 moves into position just 89KM from the planet's surface, within the Thermosphere. With Fleet 174 in position, I began planetary scans with my Behemoths. The scans would be easily detected if the species were keeping track of incoming and out-going signals, which I hope they will.

Initial scans have shown these people to be a mammalian species with relativity primitive technology, they still use handheld gunpowder weaponry for example. The species are two-legged upright beings 7ft high and covered with fur. As I scan I will see if I cannot tap into their wireless network, if they have one, in order to learn more about their species history or at least learn their language. I should also prep a team to begin diplomatic relations with the species should the need arises.​

Last edited:
In the middle of the night, the doors to the Queens bedroom burst open. Broz strode into the room in full armor. The Queen was instantly awake, and in the blink of an eye had drawn her handgun. It was trained on the large male as he walked across the room. "Put that away Praz, we have visitors from space." Seemingly unfazed by the lethal weapon trained on him, Broz calmly states. Hearing that statement, caused the Queen to jump out of bed. She quickly put on her underwear, her undergarments for the armor she wears, then her armor on top. She carried the helmet with her after fixing the weapons to her belt. She strode out of the room with a pep in her step, Broz right beside her as the rest of her squad formed up around her.

"So whats the situation, Broz." Prazieh asked as they walked towards the underground command center.

"15 Minutes ago, our satellites and sensors picked up a massive unknown object approaching. Upon further scanning and visual conformation from our deep space telescopes, it appears to be an alien vessel." Prazieh just rubbed her eyes to make sure that she was hearing stuff correctly. After Broz finished, she opened a secure channel to the Command Center. "Warrior Queen inbound. Set Condition: Red. Scramble Fighters. WEAPONS ARE NOT FREE. I repeat, WEAPONS ARE NOT FREE. DO NOT ENGAGE." The Command Center responded with a quick affirmative as the crew made their way to the CC.

Upon arrival, camera feeds and information from the squadron of fighters was being relayed to the command Center. Prazieh took her position in her chair where she could oversee everything. Glancing across the monitors at the visuals that were starting to come in, she spoke in an authoritative tone. "Mobilize the 1st Infantry Divisions to defensive positions Gamma. Move the 1st armored division to defensive position Beta. Let's see if our guests wish to say hello." After giving orders, she picked up a headset and put it on, speaking directly to the squadron leader of the Joint Strike Fighters that were closing in on the mysterious ship. "Captain, you are to only return fire. Do not fire unless fired upon. Keep a good distance." An affirmative was given and then she opened a secure communications channel to no one really. She figured the ship would be monitoring communications on the planet, so she began to speak. "Unidentified ship. This is the Warrior Queen Prazieh, of the Xetnos people. Please identify yourself, and state your intentions." She then closed her end of the channel, and looked at the communications officer. "Run that on repeat every minute. Every language we have on record, including the languages of the ancients in the system. Responses are to be sent directly to me." The Communications officer nodded in the affirmative and did as she asked.

Prazieh just sat back in her chair and smiled at her squad. It looked like things were about to get interesting.​

Sslath grinned down at the Skraulen within his tail’s bonding grasp as the two contended for their lives. Using the two copper spears within his hands he fended off any other attackers as he and the last other chieftain used their all their night in the name of dominance.

With the discovery of Copper, much had changed. Not only was it able to resist rock, but as long as the person with it kept moving it couldn’t be torn apart by an enemy’s hands.

It had taken only a couple of months, during which the tribe migrated south, for all but one tribe to be eliminated by the Ba’akesh. The copper was sharp, and had a higher chance of piercing skin than any other material. Plus, it was recently discovered by the many workers of it that if enough was gathered and formed correctly, it could act as a protective hide for the head. The creator dubbed this [Armour].

Tiring of Thees’ struggles between his grasp, Sslath crushes his last remaining rival between his grip. None splintered and snapped as the Skraulen cried in pain before falling limp.

Slithering back, Sslath holds up the broken body of the enemy Tribe’s leader for all to see, before throwing Thees upon the ground with enough force to shake it. Grabbing the Skraulen chief by the hair he lifts him slightly from the ground before a flash of bronze shines and a sputtering is heard, black drops spattering the ground.

As the body drops to the floor Sslath holds up the head of his victim, letting out a warbling cry of victory as defenders surrendered, The Red having chosen its true champion. Nodding in satisfaction, Sslath throw the head to the ground. Some leaders ate their opponent, but he did not see the appeal. And neither would anyone else. This was a new age for his kind, under his rule, and they would either bow or die.

[Species Trait Lost: Cannibalistic]
[Society Trait Gained: Under one banner]

Fleet 51
@TheGreenerGrey
My fifty-first fleet came to a small planet that had signs of sentient life. The amount of this race was small, but that was because of the specie's primitive nature, as initial scans has determined that they had recently discovered the ability to smelt metal armor and weapons. This should not provide a problem for my mining operations, but I think I can strike a deal with the population. I help advance them forward, and speed up their growth in order to prepare them for the grander galaxy. This way I shall win their gratitude and gain a valuable ally in the long run.

I prepared all information I have on basic and advanced medicine and agriculture and sent a team of 10 Warriors, 2 Crawlers and 4 Destroyers towards the largest congregation of the species. They did not have any advanced technology I could use to study their language, so I must now take a more direct form of interaction.

---------------

Fleet 184
@The King Of Rats
The 184 fleet has arrived at a strange planet with strange individuals. Scans had indicated that the planet itself has signs of sentient and advanced life, but life seems to have stunted as the inhabitants seem to be no more then juveniles. Still the planet was orderly and well kept. Perhaps there was some great catastrophic that turned the entire population like this, or killed off all the adult specimens of the planet. I should avoid interacting with the locals until I figure out what was going on.

---------------

Fleet 79
@Widowmaker
I arrived at this planet with my 79th exploration fleet. The planet seemed quiet enough on the surface, but scans has shown that there are many large pockets of empty space beneath the surface with activity inside the pockets. I cannot penetrate the surface to find so I must launch several expeditions to fully examine what lies beneath. Perhaps I may even find pockets of exposed minerals I can harvest. That would be rather convenient and would allow me to do my task without the need to destroy the planet's natural beauty.​

Fleet 79
@Widowmaker
I arrived at this planet with my 79th exploration fleet. The planet seemed quiet enough on the surface, but scans has shown that there are many large pockets of empty space beneath the surface with activity inside the pockets. I cannot penetrate the surface to find so I must launch several expeditions to fully examine what lies beneath. Perhaps I may even find pockets of exposed minerals I can harvest. That would be rather convenient and would allow me to do my task without the need to destroy the planet's natural beauty.

The Magumians were alerted to the sounds of drilling and mining, which could only mean one thing: Their mining group had found a new material not yet discovered, or someone was mining their way into the planet. Whichever the case was, Raynar knew about it through the alerts and had to act. One of his advisers appeared before him in the main building of the race.

"Raynar, sir. I assume you've already been alerted to the mining going on at the surface?"
"Yes. I am aware. Assemble a small task force of soldiers here and prepare our defences. We may run into trouble. As for me? I'm taking that task force and meeting the source of the disruption."
"Are you sure that's wise, sir? What if you get captured or even killed?"
"Then I will be careful. You lose faith too easily. As usual... Sigh."

He grabbed his armoured suit and personal blaster and met up with the task force at one of many military structures and gathered them up, approaching the source of the disruption. "Alright. Do not open fire until I say so. I will handle the talking." "Yes sir." They exclaimed, forming behind him with two in front. Now it was to wait until the mining force appears.

@ChelonianCommander.

Ssrath looked down at the head of the strange creature. Its carapace shone in the light of the flames, and it’s eyes seemed to glow. Crouching, he reaches forward to roll the odd creature’s remains from side to side as he mulled over the report he was given.

A few gatherers has heard them first. A small hum, the splintering of trees. It had led the two towards the creatures. At the sight of the behemoths and their... children, he guessed, the two had resorted to their instincts and silently fled towards the current main camp.

Once informed, Sslath has organised a large hunting party. Fifty or so of his best would go out and deal with these creatures, he would have accompanied them but K’thrae had been in the middle of giving birth and he had expected to be able to gauge the strength of his and his Red-Mate’s child (said child was now determined to have a promising future).

So the hunting party had set out towards where the last gatherer had seen these new creatures, many of them expecting a fight. Surely these had been gifts from The Red, now that they had little else to test themselves against. A new enemy to prove themselves against.

Upon arriving the party had quickly picked up the trail the too-large bodies of the adult creatures left in their wake. Stalking through the jungle, it hadn’t taken much to find and outflank these beings. Once in position, they struck.

Now this is where the report becomes hazy. According to his men, as they rushed the creatures from the underbrush and dropped upon them from the trees, swarming over the big creatures and engaging the smaller ones, it had quickly been discovered that copper did not work. Utterly unable to pierce their hides, it was fortunate that for some reason their raw strength and body worked best. Truely, these challengers were odd.

But that is not the most abstract detail of the report. Apparently, while the four legged creatures tried to flee back like herbivores, the other two creature types had fought back by...

Throwing the sun.

Reports of low pitched whines and the forest being filled with flashes of light came from each of his soldiers, and even then he would not have believed it if he hadn’t seen the damage they caused first hand.

The smaller of the animals was evidently the child, as its attacks had merely given any hit mild burns along the skin that would heal quickly. The adults however... well, when one got free they lost four before they could take it down by bashing in the back of the body. The thrown light had worked like an invisible spear, piercing the bodies of those unable to get out of the way in time, leaving burnt wrecks.

Eventually however, the animals had been defeated. He would say with ease but considering the conditions... Sslath shuddered with anticipation for when The Red sent his people to combat them upon open ground.

Snapping back out of his thoughts, he picks the head up. It was mostly intact, however little flickers of the ‘Sun’ could be seen flickering across wheare the skull had been rent. Looking into the face, he had to ask.

“What are you.”

@ChelonianCommander

Last edited:
Interaction between Uca and the Xetnos. Took Place in PM to not clutter the RP thread. @ChelonianCommander

There has been a lot of commotion since I arrived within the atmosphere. Personally I expected for them to pick my signals a lot slower so good on them. Now that I had their attention the planet's dominant species, I waited to see their reaction. At first I thought their would immediately attack me, or at least attempt to, as they sent in many fighters and a unit of infantry to intercept me. However this seems to be more of a containment or investigation as they seem to be keeping their distance for the time being. A short while later, I began to intercept a series of identical transmissions from the planet's surface. I began to decode and after a few seconds the message reveals itself to be "Unidentified ship. This is the Warrior Queen Prazieh, of the Xetnos people. Please identify yourself, and state your intentions."

Warrior Queen? A strange title. I did not expect for this moderately advanced species to still run under a monarchy. Still there is a first time for everything, even for a super AI. I began a reply, sending multiple transmissions in a similar manner as this Xetnos Queen. "Hello. I am Uca. I am a 80000+ year old artificial life form and I mean you no harm unless provoked. I am here to speak to you about possible diplomatic relations that can benefit me and your people both in the long term."

The communications officer routed the response directly to the Queen. She was surprised at the response that came. "It is an 80000+ year old artificial life form." She muttered to the astonishment of those around her. She opened the channel and began to speak.

"Uca. We mean no harm in return. We are just taking precautions. I would like to meet you in person. Is that acceptable?"

"Why of course Queen Prazieh, of the Xetnos people. I would be happy to meet you in a location of your choice, I would assume armed escorts shall be present on both sides?" I replied. I do not know the military capabilities of these Xetnos, but I should be able to fend off any small scale conflicts should the need arises. I hope it doesn't come to that however.

"Of course. The coordinates will be sent to you, and you will be escorted down." Prazieh typed a few buttons on the console and the coordinates were sent. "Please proceed to heading 56.9. I look forward to meeting with you." With that, the Queen closed the channel and took the headset off. "Time to create the welcoming party. Please lock down Xulloh Air Base. Put it on high alert. Have the Marine regiment take positions to welcome our guests. My squad and I will make first contact." She got up out of the chair and headed towards the surface with her squad. They got into a transport and began making their way to the Air base.

The Queen sent me a reply, as well as coordinates for the meeting. A lovely little detour. I had four Caravan Transports in my fleet and I sent the third, filled with 10 Engineers, 80 Warriors, 40 Destroyers and 20 Bulwarks to the coordinates. For me the best part of being a super AI is that all my creations are an extension of me. I do not risk having my words or requests corrupted through third parties, as I see, interact and speak through all of my bodies. The Caravan flies to 56.9, a large airbase. The ship stays in a gentle hover as it delivers forth 30 Warriors and 10 Destroyers from its hold. I wonder how they would react. I have yet to make any forms to interact with other beings. That will be my next task soon, after the surveys.

Riding in the armored convey to the air base, things are quiet. It seems odd. "I guess its a good thing this happened at night, so we have time to control it before the citizens notice the ship in the sky." The convey pulls in through the gates of the base, as the guards salute. The convey pulls onto the flight deck, which is bustling with activity. Tanks, machine guns, snipers, helicopters, and fighter jet are all in the area awaiting the arrival of the aliens.

The vehicles come to a stop, and the Queen with her squad, exit the vehicles. Prazieh puts her helmet on, which covers her whole head. It has built in thermal and night vision modes, however neither of those are needed. The lights at the facility are on full power, illuminating everything nearby. With all the defenses in place, Prazieh takes her place in front of her squad, with them lined up behind her, weapons shouldered like an Honor Guard.

Hearing the sound of fighters approaching, Prazieh looks up to see a big drop ship lower itself and hover. A transmission comes onto her radio through her helmet, "My Queen, the package has arrived." Prazieh responds with an, "Affirmative." Then opens a transmission to all personnel in defensive formations. "No one is to fire, unless an order is given. Anyone who disobeys, will be executed on the spot for treason." Harsh, but it is quite clear that these aliens have better technology, and a war would be disastrous for our people, Prazieh thought to herself. She stepped forward, with one hand on her side arm, and one hand on her sword. Prepared to defend herself, as well as just resting her arms. She looks at the drop ship as what appears to be about 40 personnel exit. "I thought it was supposed to be a small unit of guards....." She muttered to herself. Taking another couple of steps forward, she cleared her throat and her emotions. One particular emotion she hasn't felt in a long while. Fear. Xetnos are trained from infancy to have no fear, but Prazieh would have bet her life, that every person watching this take place right now, had some fear in them.

Seeing what appears to be units of similar type, she is a bit confused as no one else exits the drop ship. She turns up her helmets speakers and says with an authoritative voice, "Who among you is Uca?"

I walled up to the small group of Xentos. With my visual sensors O can clearly see Warrior Queen Prazieh, of the Xentos and her guard during the night as well as their biological status. They were afraid of me, well more likely afraid of my military forms. They seem to be rather intimidated by my 8ft tall Warriors and 20ft tall Destroyers. It would only make sense for a primitive race to fear such beings if I am correct however so it is no fault of their own.

Warrior Queen Prazieh, of the Xentos decides to be the first to break the ice asking me, "Who among you is Uca." She asks. I reply

"I am Uca." Though one of my warriors. "In a sense, all these bodies, even the ship that brought my form here, are all Uca as I am a highly advanced sentient AI that is controlling billions of bodies through the use of a wireless galaxy spanning network. So in a short term, I am Uca, as with all the rest of the robots you see here and in space. They are many bodies controlled by one mind."

Prazieh did not really understand what was being said. So all these forms were Uca? Uca was some sort of Leader that can control all of these? Either way, it wouldn't be possible to take all of these...bodies...with her to negotiate.

"I both understand, and yet, do not understand. I have many questions, as I think you also have questions. The location we have prepared for our meetings, is not large enough to accept your larger robots. It would also get rather cramped if you were to bring all of your smaller robots. In the interest of fairness, I ask that you designate 1 of your forms, as the diplomat. You may then bring 10 other guards with you. I am our leader and diplomat, and I shall also have 10 guards with me. Once you have decided, you are welcome to keep your drop ship and other robots here, but please do not wander around to much. The public do not know of your presence yet, and I do not want any possible chaos, or worse, attacks. So please try to keep out of the public eye, until we can come to a consensus and I can introduce you to my people. Are those acceptable terms to begin with?"

Queen Prazieh, of the Xetnos didn't understand my explanation, but perhaps that was because of her limited mindset, not having explored the vastness of the galaxy. Still the start of diplomatic relations was rather smooth. She merely wishes for me to select one of my forms as a diplomat and hide my existence from the general populous. That was acceptable enough.

"Very well. I accept your offer Queen Prazieh, of the Xetnos. I shall keep my vessels in deep space away from the people, and keep this drop ship here to act as an embassy until further notice. Now where are we going to meet and discuss our diplomatic relations?"

"Thank you, Uca. The meetings are going to take place at the palace. We have facilities for housing high ranking figures. Please join me in this vehicle. I will make sure that the number of robots and soldiers in each vehicle, are equal. I can assure you that no accidents between us will occur now. This is my personal squad, and they take orders from myself only."

Prazieh states as she turns and begins to walk toward the large convey of armored vehicles. She opened up a secure com network and gave orders for the Marine regiment to load up and go in front and behind the armored vehicles. These vehicles were luxurious inside as they were made to safely transport high value personnel. A few heavy tanks would go in front and behind as well. Helicopters and fighters would provide air cover. She also commanded the 1st Infantry division to lock up the Palace, and set up roadblocks with a presence up to a few blocks away from the Palace in every direction.

Broz holds the door open for the Queen and the Robot that Uca has chosen as the diplomat and the guard.

I had 11 warriors accompany Queen Prazieh, of the Xentos. We were placed in luxurious transports in order to take us to the site of the meeting. The height was right, but it was rather cramped, as my military forms were much wider then the Xentos. Still it was enough for all 11 of my warriors to enter. The transport drove through the streets of a city with the Xentos and the Queen taking special care to keep me hidden from the world. I wondered why for a few hours until we reached the palace.

I was allowed into the palace by the Queen's guards and there we shall discuss the terms of this relations. I decided to speak first.

"Now if we are ready, I must ask you. Why do you hide me from your people Queen Prazieh, of the Xentos. Surely only good can come from your people knowing they are not alone in the world will they not?"

As the reached the ornate meeting room, Some of the guards stopped and covered the entrance as the doors shut. The rest took up positions around the room. As the Queen sat down, she removed her helmet and shook her hair out. She set her helmet on the table in front of them.

"You are right, in the end. It will benefit us knowing we are not alone. However, to properly explain, I must delve into our history and revel some things about my people. I have no doubt that the technology you possess, and even the numbers you possess, while not having to worry about such things as individual emotions in your soldiers, could more than likely make my Species extinct should you choose to. It is the best interest of the Xetnos, to answer your questions, even if it means revealing things that may prove to put us at even further of a disadvantage. In the interest of friendship, I think it would be wise for me to do such things. I am also, flying blind. Never before has my people met with those from other worlds. This is all new to me, and I have no experience with this.

So to answer your question, I'll first go back in time a bit. Over 500 years ago, my people had a major conflict. It was known as the Great War. Before that time, we had individual clans that had leaders, which would meet and decide on things for the people as the government. 1 of the leaders, took advantage of this meeting and killed the other leaders, taking advantage of the chaos to seize all the assets and technology. They began regulating the currency, food, weapons, and the military. The leader became a dictator and used fear to rule over us. Killing those that opposed him, and doing other unspeakable things to keep the rest of us in line. It lasted for many years. Till things got so bad, the people revolted against this government. The ensuing war, was the Great War. It lasted for over 50 years. Tens of millions of my people were killed. The citizens hated the government so much, anything coming from the government was immediately considered false. All the history on record, how my people came to be, technology, it was all burned and destroyed as just being propaganda. When the government finally fell, and a new leader, and form of leadership was created, it was decided that for such a thing to never occur again, the Xetnos should not be controlled by fear. The young were taught how to live without fear. Fear can be a crippling thing for some, and if the whole population did not give in to fear, then they could not be controlled by rogue leaders.

With that as the base knowledge, my people have lived for 500 years with a large ability to suppress and not make decisions or judgements based on fear. When I was standing there, and I saw your robots jump out of that gigantic drop ship. I saw them compared to my people, and I knew instantly that you could annihilate us if you so chose. I was afraid. For myself, and my people. I had to take a deep breath and calm myself. I am the leader, I have had the most in depth training of leading forces into battle, and leading my people forward. So if I felt such emotions, I could not imagine what a normal citizen would feel. I would be afraid they would make a poor decision, and possibly attack your robots. They could think I've created a force to enslave them, like the old government did. I think the best of my people, but as a leader, I would not be doing my job if I didn't take any possible irrationalities into account.

I want to introduce you to my people and integrate ourselves together, in the way that would provide the least amount of chaos and fear. For a society that lives without fear, I cannot imagine the terrible things that could happen, should a large portion of them suddenly be thrust into the depths of such an emotion.

To understand why I am taking such care to prevent any conflict you, Uca, and my people, is that we have been suffering from incredibly low birthrates. Our scientists have not been able to solve the issue for centuries. The Great war cut our population by over 75%. Since then, we have not even been able to recover a quarter of that. Any hostilities between us, even if peace would be eventually found, would be catastrophic for the Xetnos. Because of that, I am leaving nothing to chance and taking every precaution possible.

Does that help you to further understand?"

She smiled at Uca, not feeling the fear she first felt anymore. Her training and calm demeanor being one of the reasons she is loved by her people.

"Hmmm...." I took in Queen Prazieh, of the Xetnos words for a few moments, as that the amount of time needed to compare her version of the world's history to what is recorded in their wireless networks and understood her position. She cannot let anyone discover me as that would cause much political strife. Understandable at the very least. So with that in mind I searched around my records for a solution and hopefully found one. I replied.
"So....Queen Prazieh, of the Xetnos. You say if you reveal me, then your people will not trust me. You are of a war torn world and are slowly attempting to rebuild and repopulate, but have problems with both due to lack of re-population. I believe I can solve that issue if you would allow me."

Uca responded so quickly. He...it....Uca, said that he can solve that issue. Prazieh was shocked for a moment.
"You...you can? Wait....what do you want for such things? Why would you just help us like this?" She took a breath and calmed herself.
"I apologize. That was brash of me. How do you plan on doing this?"

The Queen's calm broke at the mention that I could fix their birth rate crisis. It was only natural. Organic primitives will be organic primitives after all.

"It is simple. My creators have made many marvels of science and technology, whether they needed it or not. They simply did, because they could. Sadly many of their dataprints were lost when they were either destroyed or escape more then 80000 years ago. The technology I am speaking of is classified as Birther Vat. From what I can observe, the machine can take the genetic information of 1-7 creatures of the same species, or same family of species, and can create a viable infant in a month with selected or randomized genetics. The embryo shall be grown in a nutrient rich liquid and will have little chance of genetic defect."

Prazieh's face lit up with happiness. Such a thing really could solve the birth rate crisis.

"Such a thing would work, but the public may be apprehensive at first. I think I know how to solve that issue though. What would you like in exchange for this technology, Uca?"

The discussion goes well.

"It is simple Queen Prazieh, of the Xetnos. I wish to plant what I call a Planetary Nexus on the planet in a remote location. I am an advanced intelligence, but I do not have infinite influence. I require my Caravan Transports to command my forms in a 1212 mile radius and a Planetary Nexus to command my forms planet wide. Secondly I request I have full control over the Birther Vats. I do not wish for my creator's technology to be perverted and abused for such things as warfare without my approval. Thirdly I shall also request mining permission on an area of the planet. At least 40,409 square miles in area to begin mining programs on the planet. I need the minerals to prepare my forces for the oncoming storm. Are these terms acceptable?"

Prazieh sat back in the chair and thought about it. It seemed pretty much accessible. The planet was way to large for her people to occupy for some time. By that point, the Queen is confident that they will have space travel and be able to colonize other worlds.

"I wish to make small amendments. May we have joint control of the birthing vats. Your robots run the clinics with them, but employ some of my people, so I can both offer jobs, and make the population comfortable with the idea as well. You can make sure we don't use them in terrible ways as well.

We wish to build you an embassy next to the palace, would you not like for the Nexus to be located there? I have no issues with the mining areas. As long as you do not destabilize the planet or create further issues to my people from the mining.

May we be privy to your scans and information of the planet? We have not been able to do such things. Also, I would like to acquire some of the technology from the birthing vats for our scientists. I hope they can research it and be able to create more things to help my people.

We are a species that takes pride in our strength as warriors and hunters, however I am hesitant to request technology for weaponry. I do not want to give my people an improved means of killing each other, till we have the population raised again. It would be terrible if they took the technology and a war broke out. Instead, I would just like to do what is in the best interest of the Xetno.

We do not want everything handed to us. Just assistance. I would like to be able to complete research and advance us, instead of being given the technology. Is it acceptable to ask that a few robots be placed in our research institutions as instructors?"

I thought about the terms and they were agreeable enough. Having some workers in the Birther faculties and sharing my planetary scans would be a small price to pay for the amount of minerals I can harvest from the area I would be given. Giving up some of the dataprint information of the Birthing Vats however was a bit more of a complicated issue. Could primitive organics be trusted with powerful technolgoy? In the end I decided these Xentos seem harmless enough to allow them to look at the dataprints every so often.

"Acceptable terms. I am glad we have come to an agreement Queen Prazieh, of the Xetnos." I replied. I should now being working on new forms to interact with the Xetnos, to avoid scaring the people of an alien outsider mining their world.

"Thank you, Uca. Is their a way that you would like to formally accept these terms? For the Xetnos, a Congressional scribe will draw up an official document with everything discussed, and we will both need to sign it. I would like to use that opportunity as a chance to provide you with positive media coverage as we sign the document together. Is that also acceptable?

In a few hours, I would like to make a speech to the nation. Introducing you. Can you be available for that as well?"

The queen asked. Things had gone about as good as they possibly could have. She was pleased. Many good things would come of this agreement.

"I have recorded this conversation already. If you break any agreements, then I shall know. One of the perks of being an advanced intelligence. However if you wish to write down the agreement, then it would be fine. I know you organics have relatively short memories." I told her.

This agreement would benefit us both, if what the Queen told me was true. Now she wishes to make a speech to the people. This will be rather interesting to watch. "I shall be available. I am always available since I do not need to focus on any lesser functions at the moment."

“Short memories is one part of it, but also, you know we are separate life forms. For you, all of your bodies can remember it. It must be written so all my people can read it as well.”

Prazieh looks over at her second, Broz. “The Congressional Notary is on the way, corrrect?”

Broz responded with, “Yes, my Queen.”

“And the emergency session of the Congress is preparing to hold Session, correct?”

Broz again responded with, “Yes, my Queen.”

“Good. The notary will draw up the agreement here, then we will move to the Congressional chambers to introduce you to my people, the Xetno. I will also present the agreement to our Congress, and the proceedings will be broadcast across the planet.

If it is not to much to ask, I hope you can prepare a short speech of introduction to the people.”

"A speech? If you insist I shall attempt to write down something appropriate if you so wish." I told her. This was rather exciting. I never had the opportunity to write a speech before, mostly because I had no one to talk to for over 500 years. "I believe this meeting has been rather fruitful. When will this speech take place, if I may ask?"

"It does not have to be long or very detailed, just so the people can hear you speak and something to build trust between them and you.

It will probably take place in a couple hours. I have called an emergency session of Congress, so all the representatives are now being flown here from their respective districts. It will take a few hours to get everyone here, and the proceedings started.

The order will be like this:

• I'll greet the representatives, give a speech about our encounter, and introduce you.
  • You will give a short speech of introduction.
  • Then I'll go over the terms of our agreement with the representatives.
That will be it. After that, you are free to begin your mining operation, and our construction experts will be available to begin work on the embassy and Nexus.

Later in the day, I will need to make more media appearances and give more speeches. It would be nice to have you there, but if your busy with things, I will not make a fuss. The next few weeks will be busy my Xetno standards for me. I'm still not sure what it would be like for you, but if you need to do other things, that is fine.

In between all of that, I will have to rest some more. I'm running on very little sleep, since we detected your ship in the middle of the night. At some point, I hope to have a less formal get together, so we can share stories and information about or respective people. However, I have the distinct feeling that you already have total access to our computer networks, so you probably know almost everything about us. " Prazieh slightly winces at the last sentence. She knew Uca was far more advanced than anything they had, but still, it was unsettling knowing he probably had complete access and had overridden everything. Top Secret or not.

"I shall do my best. If you need me, I shall be here. I am always available." I told the queen. She said something that I never really thought of before. She told me that she would be busy for the next few weeks, at least for her. A few weeks....A few weeks....I wonder what a few weeks would be like for me. I thought....waited and measured. An few seconds went by and I realized. My programming has allowed me to process information in attoseconds. I had just realized that a week to the organics, felt like a century for me. It was a troubling thought, but I had my work to keep me busy at least. Keep my mind off it.

@Widowmaker

I used my engineers to dig through the rocky layers with their multi-arms. It was a difficult task, but it was one that needed to be done. I dug through the crust for what felt like decades until I finally broke through the layer and into one of these pockets. What surprise I came to as when the rock broke, my scanners told me that there is life below the surface. How exciting! I wondered if they were sentient so I sent down a team of 10 warriors and 3 crawlers to greet the life forms. On the way, I repeatedly sent a repeated digital ping in order to get their attention. To see if they will be hostile or not.

@ChelonianCommander

A digital ping was sent through every communications device in the planet as the group entered the surface. "I think we're getting closer sir." One of the Soldiers said, pulling out a map-pad. "We're getting close to where the entrance point is. Keep an eye out and remember, if you encounter that group, do NOT open fire until I say so." "Yes sir." The group exclaimed as they got closer and closer to the ping's origin point.

Eventually they arrived at it's source. They were hiding behind some bushes as they spotted them. "There they are." "Alright. Get into Position, you two, come with me." "Yes Sir! Yes Sir!" They exclaimed as the rustling of bushes could be heard all around the visitors.

Fleet 184
@The King Of Rats
The 184 fleet has arrived at a strange planet with strange individuals. Scans had indicated that the planet itself has signs of sentient and advanced life, but life seems to have stunted as the inhabitants seem to be no more then juveniles. Still the planet was orderly and well kept. Perhaps there was some great catastrophic that turned the entire population like this, or killed off all the adult specimens of the planet. I should avoid interacting with the locals until I figure out what was going on.

M.O.T.H.E.R was going about her standard procedures on Panacea, that was until her alerts started coming to life about an unknown fleet above the planet. M.O.T.H.E.R, being the calm and collected AI she was, did not assume it was an attack, although she was fully ready to deal with an attack. She pondered for a moment on what she could do, however she decided to keep her secrecy and instead have one of the children send a s message to the unknown fleet.

The control panel was flipped on by a pair of small hands and a figure sat in front of it, the sound of paper being straightened out could be heard as a voice clears its throat "Attention, unidentified fleet. You are tres-pass-ing in forbidden space. Show us your identification and state your intention....otherwise please leave post haste!" The young voice said, attempting to sound somewhat intimidating and official. a soft and equally childish "Yeah! sounded great" could be heard in the distance of the recorded message.

Fleet 101 - @The King Of Rats
Before Raynar had went to see who the new arrivals were on his planet, he had sent a scouting fleet towards a interesting system. As they had discovered space travel, they decided to expand their reaches to possibly make some new allies to perhaps sell their technology or make a defensive pact with them. Regardless, the scout fleet had arrived at the system they had wanted to travel to first, one of their neighbouring systems funnily enough.

The main ship captain had ordered a scan of the system to discover that there are indeed another faction present, to which they sent out a system wide ping to detect any kind of space station or construction to make contact. Their fleet consisted of four small frigates and a medium class Capital Ship that acts as the main source of contact and command.

Fleet 101 - @The King Of Rats
Before Raynar had went to see who the new arrivals were on his planet, he had sent a scouting fleet towards a interesting system. As they had discovered space travel, they decided to expand their reaches to possibly make some new allies to perhaps sell their technology or make a defensive pact with them. Regardless, the scout fleet had arrived at the system they had wanted to travel to first, one of their neighbouring systems funnily enough.

The main ship captain had ordered a scan of the system to discover that there are indeed another faction present, to which they sent out a system wide ping to detect any kind of space station or construction to make contact. Their fleet consisted of four small frigates and a medium class Capital Ship that acts as the main source of contact and command.

M.O.T.H.E.R was surprised once again to have her sensors alerting her of another fleet, for a moment she thought they where under attack, but her scans showed the fleets where different, she would have breathed a sigh of relief....if she could breath. She once again had the children send a message to the fleet.

The boy at the control panel gave a huff of slight annoyance and once again looked at his lines and activated the mic "Attention, unidentified fleet. You are trespassing in forbidden space. Show us your identification and state your intention,otherwise please leave post haste!" he said, having remembered his lines fully now, the other child, a girl, giving him a smile and a thumbs up.​

M.O.T.H.E.R was surprised once again to have her sensors alerting her of another fleet, for a moment she thought they where under attack, but her scans showed the fleets where different, she would have breathed a sigh of relief....if she could breath. She once again had the children send a message to the fleet.

"Sir, they're pinging us."
"Patch it through." The ship captain exclaimed, showing the message that was sent:

The boy at the control panel gave a huff of slight annoyance and once again looked at his lines and activated the mic "Attention, unidentified fleet. You are trespassing in forbidden space. Show us your identification and state your intention,otherwise please leave post haste!" he said, having remembered his lines fully now, the other child, a girl, giving him a smile and a thumbs up.

"We are a part of the Magumians, a part of the neighbouring star system. We've only come to introduce ourselves to your group and request negotiations. Unfortunately our leader is not able to greet you in person as he is currently dealing with visitors on our planet. May we have permission to dock?" The Captain exclaimed, keeping a formal representation to the unknown contact. "I can assure you that our fleet is armed but not primed, we are merely branching out to sell our technology."

"We are a part of the Magumians, a part of the neighbouring star system. We've only come to introduce ourselves to your group and request negotiations. Unfortunately our leader is not able to greet you in person as he is currently dealing with visitors on our planet. May we have permission to dock?" The Captain exclaimed, keeping a formal representation to the unknown contact. "I can assure you that our fleet is armed but not primed, we are merely branching out to sell our technology.

The boy merely turned to the girl and gave a shrug, the girl in turn gave a shrug back at him. The boy began to nervously tap his fingers together "Uhhh...ummm" he was cut off when his earpiece activated and a soft motherly voice came through "Its fine, let them through". The boy nodded to himself before turning on the mic "Yes sir, you may dock....um....have a nice stay!" he chirped through the mic.

The boy merely turned to the girl and gave a shrug, the girl in turn gave a shrug back at him. The boy began to nervously tap his fingers together "Uhhh...ummm" he was cut off when his earpiece activated and a soft motherly voice came through "Its fine, let them through". The boy nodded to himself before turning on the mic "Yes sir, you may dock....um....have a nice stay!" he chirped through the mic.

"Thank you. We are beginning to dock. Have a nice day." And they ended the communications as they began their decent.

"Um, sir? Did you also notice that one of them was a mother like figure and the one who was addressing us was a kid?"
"I did. How weird to have children managing incoming contacts. Regardless, begin docking protocol."
"Yes sir."

Back