Warriors Cats~Hidden Stars

Glitchy Dragon

NightCrawler
Dawn broke across the horizon, slow, yet eventual; Like the ongoing battle between darkness and light in this world, only in this case, the light would come on top. The suns rays peered over the earth, its light slowly penetrating everything before it was officially early morning.
Moonpaw slowly awoke to the feeling of wetness underneath him. Quietly sitting up amongst the other sleeping apprentices, the male sees the infamous wetspot where he'd lay for the third time. Doesn't smell like pee...and from what I can tell, I don't think anyone went swimming too recently. Then again, why would they? There's nothing fun about being in cold water... he pondered. A gentle breeze blew and the cat flinched as his underside was embraced by the sharpness. Cursing under his breath, he decided to face the coldness and quietly exit the Apprentice Den.
Exiting, Moonpaw could see his breath in the air, followed by their camp littered by the multiple Fall leaves. From what he saw, it seemed he might've been the first one awake. After a few moments longer of pondering and stretchinh, he'd decided to go on a bit of a walk through their territory.

Sparrowpaw blinked his eyes slowly as the sun rose up. He stared at the apprentice den entrance for a moment before opening his jaws and letting out a large yawn. Standing up, the young tom immediately crouched down in a stretch, stretching until his paws and tail trembled. He gave his ruffled fur a few licks, not really wanting to have to get up and do apprentice chores. But it had to be done, and it was better than being a kit. Besides, not like he had anything better to do. Though maybe he could skip the elders' den today, go for a short hunting expedition by himself? It wasn't allowed, but there had never been a time that Sparrowpaw had listened to the rules!

The main-coon felt a it surprised by the cold breeze that hit his face. It hadn't been this cold the day before.... That didn't matter, it was cold now. Suddenly, he felt grateful for his thick fur. Sparrowpaw watched as Moonpaw padded out of the apprentice den. Sparrowpaw didn't really want to go outside, but if Moonpaw could so could he. Besides, it was just a breeze. Letting himself enjoy one last stretch, the tom trotted out of the den confidently. He stopped a few fox lengths away from the den, he raised his muzzle into the cold air, parting his jaws to better taste it.

There didn't seem to be many cats awake, so far just him and Moonpaw. Sparrowpaw let out a small huff of annoyance, couldn't any cat wake up? Or was he and Moonpaw going to have to do all the work? Sparrowpaw padded towards the camp exit, about to go hunting, but then he decided against it. He wanted to see if he could do battle training today, and hunting solo would make cats look for him which would delay battle training.... After a moment of staring at the forest, the large tom turned back around and padded away to no particular place. He sat down, curling his tail around his paws, waiting for anyone else to wake.

Mistpaw woke up as the other two apprentices left the den, he stretched his lengthy body yawning slightly, making sure not to bother any of the other sleeping apprentices. He got up and made his way to the exit, shivering Along the way, he hated the cold, his short fur not being suited to it. He made his way outside and looking around noting where the other two apprentices were, he was a morning cat so he made his way to a sunny spot and laid down, hoping that it'd warm up a bit later in the day.

Specklepaw jolted awake suddenly from a bad dream she couldn't recall. Using carefully placed paw-steps, she moved slowly but surely out of the apprentice den, stopping in the main clearing for a moment to groom herself, smoothing down her ruffled fur. She gazed at the other cats awake, spotting 2 apprentices other than herself already loitering around the sides of the clearing. She stretched slowly, yawning while pondering, why are there no warriors up yet. She certainly knew of some warriors who liked to wake up at the crack of dawn, expecting their apprentices to do so as well. She paced around agitatedly for a moment, unsure of what to do. Even with her thick fur, she still shivered in the cool morning breeze, surprised by how cold it was. It already feels like leafbare, she noted. She looked at the exit of the camp, and then back to the warriors den, and decided to wait for her mentor, instead of going off on any early morning expeditions. Specklepaw didn't want to be late to her first training session to be a warrior, that would make a bad impression on her mentor. Specklepaw padded further away from the apprentice den, and sat down, watching the progress of the Sun moving a cross the sky. She laid her head down on her paws and wondered if she was being rude by not greeting the other apprentices. I mean, it's not like I know them, I'm the newest apprentice as of late, and I bet they don't even care. She winced at her shyness with new cats, and nervously waited for her mentor to wake up.

Duskflower had been up for a while, looking over the clearing from the Medicine Den. Her apprentice had been sleeping in the apprentice den, but it seemed like he had a bit of a wet night. He really should be sleeping in the Medicine Den.
"Moonpaw! Come over here, I'm starting your lessons for today." She called as she stood up, her red coat glowing orange in the suns light. He had been doing well, but she still had many things to teach him.

Wasp Claw
"Specklepaw, I see you're up. Good
morning" Wasp Claws voice didn't come from the direction of the warriors den, but from the opposite direction. There wasn't a bit of sleepyness in her eyes or movements, implying she must've been awake for a while already. As always, an early bird, she'd gone out for a short morning walk. It helped her concentrate and shake off any bits of the lethargic coat that one always had when they'd just woken up. The spotted cat stood near specklepaw, looking at her. "Are you ready to go now?"

Lilac Eyes
Yawning and stretching after a good night of sleep, the young cat still waited a few more minutes before standing and making sure his fur was all neatly in place before heading towards the exit. He was not an early riser but he wanted to give his apprentice a good impression, and being lazy definitely wasn't it. He'd been planning on teaching Mistpaw how to get some fish from the river, since they were always plentiful, but as soon as he went outside and he felt the cold breeze on his fur and face, their plans for the day changed immediately. It would have to be hunting, getting their fur wet with this temperature could be dangerous.
Once he was out he looked around and soon spotted his apprentice, proceeding to walk towards the youngling.

Sparrowpaw watched as mentors greeted their apprentices. The large Tom let a small huff of annoyance escape him as he looked around. His mentor wasn’t up yet! Leaving the spot where he sat, the large main-coon padded over to the nearest pair: waspclaw and specklepaw. “Hello,” the young apprentice greeted awkwardly, “my mentor is busy right now, mind if I tag along your training session?” He asked. His mismatched eyes glimmered hopefully, he didn’t want to be stuck in camp doing nothing!

((Sorry if it is short, I’m on a mobile))

(I actually only require at least three sentences so your good XD)
Moonpaw froze as his mentor had caught him just as he was about to exit the camp. Dang it...I wanted to have some quiet time... The youngin pads in the opposite direction, across the camp, and into the den where his mentor awaited him. "G-Good morning Duskflower..." he stammered. Moonpaw had only been an apprentice for a moon, but even so, his anxiety and nervousness under being a medicine cat still stood high.
All around the camp, more and more cats had begun to wake up, engaging in their usual morning rituals wether it was sharing tongues, simply chatting, or etc.

Mistpaw was enjoying the sun, the small bit of heat it gave was a comfort to him on such a chilly morning. He had his head up, eyes closed, as he basked in it. He was broken out of this as his ears swiveled, letting him know someone was approaching. He opened his eyes and started getting up when he saw his mentor, Lilac Eyes, approaching.
He greeted the older tom, "Good morning Lilac." He said softly, nodding his head in respect.

Specklepaw jumped up in surprise after dosing off waiting for her mentor. She shook off the morning dew forming on her coat and stretched again, gazing up at Waspclaw. "Y-yes! I'm ready to go Waspclaw. I heard that on your first day as an apprentice you get a tour of the territory. Is that what we will be doing today? Or something else." Specklepaw remembered looking longingly to the exit of the camp as a kit, her curiosity overwhelming. She started to approach the exit of the camp, eager to explore, but stopped suddenly, seeing an apprentice padding over to them. "Hello." She greeted him awkwardly, not knowing his name.

Duskflower greeted Moonpaw with a fond nuzzle. "Good morning! It's almost Leafbare, do you know what can happen during Leafbare?" She questions her young apprentice. She was planning to go find some later in the afternoon, but she wanted to reorganize her current herb store first. No better time for a little quiz!

"W-White Cough and Green Cough, right? White Cough isn't too bad, but it turns into Green Cough if left alone to long. Both coughs can be cured by...err..." he trailed off in thought for a few moments. "Catmint? S-Sorry if its wrong. I forgot to go over the herbs and sicknesses last night for practice." Moonpaw's right ear began to droop a little as he'd begun to felt guilty. The cat was practically named Tangleears because of how one ear always reflected how he truly felt.

Duskflower nodded. She was rather disappointed he didn't practice last night, though. Time would come he'd need to know how to take care of multiple injured or sick cats at once and have to use every herb to get them better. She wished she had memorized them sooner, maybe she could have saved Oaksong then. Well, this was the present.
"Correct. And when is the best time to gather Catmint?" She said as she started organizing the herbs she had gathered yesterday with Moonpaw. It was a good haul, with bundles of Borage, Chervil, Elder Leaves, and Coltsfoot plus some others. She organized them roughly into individual plants then what they treated, putting those for sickness together and those for injuries on the other side of the den. Noticing that their Cobweb stock was low, she made a mental note to gather more when they went out to get Catmint.

"Before the worst of Leafbare comes, I can imagine. So now would be a good time then, correct?" Moonpaw ventures slightly further into the Medicine Den, sniffing for any forgotten herbs. Wow...it's going to be hard imagining this place being filled with cats that have Green Cough. I can't imagine what'll happen to me if...should...the wrong medicine...no. I shouldn't be thinking thoughts like that. I-I'm a medicine cat after all. I must habe confidence in myself.

Dawnflower shook her head. She must've not been clear with her question. "What time of day, not season, though you are correct. It is best to find some before an outbreak, which happens mainly in Leafbare." She corrected. "The answer is after sun-high when the dew is dried off so that it will store easier. Now help me sort these out, then go get some ticks of Drizzlefoot and soothe Logjaw's tooth ache."
(Why is no one else responding ;-; )

"Aww, but Duskflower..." he whined. The male could barely socialize normally with anyone other than Duskflower, his twin brother Frostpaw, and his father Silverheart. Moon would always come off awkward or unintentionally insult someone with just about anyone else. Also, he highly disliked the idea of sharing tongues or helping out with ticks on other cats. A strangely selfish trait for such a feline of his personality. "C-Couldn't I just go out and collect more herbs? I'll drop off herbs for Logjaw's tooth ache before leaving even."

Wasp claw
The warrior was about to answer her apprentice and confirm her suspicions that yes, indeed, they would be having a rather easy and relaxed first day. It certainly wasn't what she considered an entertaining task, but she remembered her days as an apprentice and how much knowning the territory had helped during it. But another kitten appeared, another apprentice, sparrowpaw if she remembered correctly, but she didn't know who the mentor was.
"Does your mentor know you will be with us?, you could only come if you have their permission, otherwise they might worry and I don't want that kind of responsability if they think you are lost or hurt because they cannot find you".

Lilac eyes
"Ah, good morning Mist paw!, ready for the day?. It's good to see you're up early, very good." They would both leave soon to do some hunting, basic techniques and the best zones to do so, etc. The famous territory tour could wait, but today many others would be doing it, it was better to wait a bit.

Mistpaw stretched a bit in anticipation, he couldn't wait to get out there, but he stilled himself and nodded respectfully to him, "Thank you, mornings are usually nice, but it's starting to get cold." He said stepping out of the sun and shivering a little. "So? What're we going to be doing today?" He asked inquisitively, his tail twitching in excitement.

"The Elders should be taken care of, especially by us medicine cats. I'll come with you if you're so scared." Duskflower joked. "Here, I'll get the mouse Bile." grabbing some moss and dipping it in the putrid substance, she started to leave the den, pausing to make sure her apprentice was following. She knew him to be shy, but as a medicine cat, he would have to get over it eventually.

Frostpaw quietly stalked up behind the fox, carefully ensuring that each step he made and breath he took was more quiet than the sound of a snowflake hitting the ground. Father is watching...Starclan is watching...if I can take down this fox, i'll be praised surely. There will be a large amount to add to the fresh kill pile, not to mention, it won't steal from it anymore.
The fox's ears perk suddenly, and it withdraws from whatever its inspecting to look in the opposite direction of Frostpaw.
A diversion? No, no time to think. Now is my time to strike!
The grey cat bolted from the hiding spot before pouncing onto the back of the orange canine and biting down hard right above the neck. The fox yelps before twisting around and kicking similar to that of a horse before throwing its back up against a tree, smashing his attackers back, making him let go. It then dashes into the forest leaving a small trail of blood behind it.
Damn...
A much larger cat, similar in color, although with cold grey eyes rather than blue, appears from the same area Frost was hiding in. "Well done, son. It sems you've injured it quite badly. If we're lucky, it'll only have a thirty minutes or so to live. Enough time for you to track it down" the cat's deep voice chuckled.
Frostpaw doesn't reply, but simply turns, attempting to lick at the small spot of blood on his back.
"Are you alright? You hit the tree pretty hard..."
"No, i'm not ok" he sighs. "That mouse-brained fox got unbelievablely lucky...my back really hurts now from that.
Silverheart gives the youngin's back a few licks followed by a slight nudge. "Head back to the camp. Get your brother or Duskflower to take a look at the injury" he paused "and i'll go look for fox."
Frostpaw opened his maw to protest, but reminded himself it'd be no good to argue. He simply got off his haunches and began to slowly make his way back to camp.
~~~~
Upon arriving, it seemed that everyone had begun to wake up, including all his fellow apprentice friends. Frostpaw continued heading over to the Medicine Den. Only one moon has passed and he was already out of the game. Fuming with anger silently, he bumped into his brother who was just about to exit.
"F-Frostpaw? What do you..." he trailed off, noticing the large splotch of blood on his back. "What happened? Where were you?"
"I was out hunting with Dad when this happened. Anyways, I need help if that's fine with you."
"Sure, I guess. But, what were you hunting that could've done that to you?"
Frost simply shakes his head before bumping him to the side and entering the cave quietly.
Moon looked back in confusion and worry before turning back to Dusk.

Last edited:
Back