We the Unwanted We the Unwanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donovan Blackmoore (Whitewood Forest, Geraldis)

Seemed that Adran got a bit of a shock from the screech as well. Donovan looked at him from behind squinted eyes and saw the man splash. At first Donovan jumped to his feet ready to do something. He wasn't really sure what. If Adran couldn't swim they'd be a fine pair. Once the initial alarm was over he laughed at Adran's complaints. "And you think you're done?" Rather than a loud laugh he chuckled quietly and pulled Adran off the ground. Ushering him right back to the water he shoved him in it and followed after. "You're going to stand in here till you catch something."

Didn't seem to be long and Adran was shivering like a sapling in the wind. "Take your shirt off!" Donovan was almost impatient feeling. How did Adran not think of that before this. It was warmer without having a giant sopping shirt hanging on.

Now that they were ready to actually fish Donovan pushed Adran's hands into the water. "Don't complain if it makes your hands hurt. Everyone's hands hurt when the water's this cold. Just watch for the fish and....now!" Stepping off to the side of Adran he decided to show him how it worked and Donovan demonstrated one more time. Though Adran was shaking he figured he could make one last attempt before they had to go get him dried off. That was until Donovan felt a sudden swipe at his legs and he ended up dunking in the water.

Emerging from the water again Donovan gasped for air. His face was covered in little brown streaks from his hair getting wet for the first time in months. While he was at it he figured he may as well finish the bath. "Ok fishing lesson is over. Get stripped and I'll be there in a minute." Now he impatiently pushed at Adran to get him out of the water. Donovan quickly pulled his own shirt and pants off so he could finish the bath. Soon as he was done he gathered his clothes. "Lets get back to camp." Almost stark naked he walked back to the camp with Adran and collected blankets for them to huddle in next to the fire.

Last edited:
[Illya Lott] Esra T. Montaque (Whitewood Forest)
It was natural that Esra considered eating Bark or grass. It would've been stock items in a typical hunter's diet. However, Illya was confident that they would be able to do better. She pushed Esra into the direction in the forest, and pulled out her dirk. The steel hissed as it was drawn from its leather cover. She told Esra to stop moving, and placed her ear on the tree and waited for a shift in movement. A couple meters away, large animal, probably a deer.

Perfect.

She motioned for Esra to follow her, and the two poised themselves behind a shrub, and she quietly drew back the branches to get a clearer picture of the prey.

It was a large elk, majestic in movements. It seemed rather careless, indicating that it wasn't commonly hunted around the region.

"You think you can shoot it from here?"

Esra T. Montaque
( Whitewood Forest, Geraldis )

Though somewhat skeptical, she nods her head up and down. This should not be the hardest shot she had! It is about the same distance as that rabbit the few days prior. Her hand reaches upwards and behind her head to grab ahold of one of the arrows stuck away in her quiver, as well as drawing out her bow and taking aim.

The female was silently measuring the distance and raising the bow to her face to take her sights. Her breathing smoothed and slowed, until her fingers slowly loosen their grip and the arrow went flying.

Arrow noise as it is released.

Casper Archaven
(Wendell Pass, Geraldis)

It was early in the morning, it was still mostly dark, but the first sliver of light could be seen to the east. Casper arose with a headache, probably cause by having a little too much to drink last night in the town tavern. "Ugg" Casper said as he arose from his bed, holding his head in his right hand. Casper washed up and smacked himself with some cold water to help him wake up. After doing his morning business, Casper made him self a quick breakfast off eggs and a leftover potato from the dinner the night before. After cleaning up his mess he headed to his forge. He got the fire started and as he waited it to heat up, he performed a few of his morning stretches and exercises. Soon enough the forge was ready to go, and the sun was now completely above the horizon. Now that the forge was ready to go, he opened up shop, as the light entered, and filled the room you could see dozens of swords and other weapons, in a variety of sizes and shapes. Also there were 6 mannequins with full armor on. You could also see a few shield with different sizes and shapes as well. He started to work on a current order, an iron shortsword, for a neighbor who was going to go with Casper on a Hunting trip soon. Casper placed the iron in the forge and it began to heat up. Casper was looking forward to this hunting trip, maybe he would get a wild boar, it is his favorite. Casper saw that the iron was ready to be poured out, He poured the iron out and started to make the shortsword, it took some time but when he was done he took the sword and placed it in water, and prepared the handle for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adran Triveron (Whitewood Forest, Geraldis)

As Adran sat in front of the fire, stark naked, humiliated, manhandled by a barbarian, he briefly wondered what the hell he was doing with his life. After the mishap with falling in the water he sort of blacked out for a while. He remembered being forced back in the water by Donovan, and somehow he managed to catch a fish while working on autopilot. That was something at least, though he doubted that he'd be able to replicate the success. He looked over to his short companion. "You're a brute of a man Donovan, but you're a fine fisherman. The next time I have an idea like that, smack me upside the head."

Still shivering Donovan looked over at Adran. He almost felt bad for the man. True he was a few years younger, but he seemed to be incapable. Quite delicate and lacking the grit to do things the hard way. What he last expected but, wasn't surprised to hear was that Adran thought him a brute. "Hmmm... You wouldn't be the first to think it." A slight chuckle sounded again and he curled into a tighter ball. Donovan shook his head to try and get some of the extra water out of his dark brown hair. It was starting to clump into thick waves on top. That was usually why he kept his hair shorter.

"I'd hardly smack your head." Pulling the blanket over his head he then turned to look at Adran. "Cover your head. You'll warm up faster." Not that it would get their clothes dry any faster either but, it was more comfortable anyway. A chuckle rumbled through his chest. "You went out to catch a fish and you did." Donovan wasn't sure what the expression was on the other man's face. "Just did for you what my father did for me. Never let me fail at anything. You won't be worth a damn if you fail once and give up."

As Adran covered his head he looked over to the man. He vividly remembered the argument the two had the night before they set off, and yet somehow here the man was, sitting naked beside him after teaching him how to fish. He couldn't make the logic work in his brain, so he figured in this light-hearted moment, this would be the right time to ask.

"Donovan, I'm curious. You've made it no secret that you disagree with my methods, and that you think peace with the king is impossible. From all outward appearances, if you said you hated me I wouldn't be shocked. So my question is, why did you decide to come along? If you think this entire trip is pointless, why bother making sure its completed?" He took the towel off his head so he could better see the man's reaction.

It had been a rather deep moment for Donovan. He had chanced sharing one small thing. There was always more to a short seemingly insignificant story like that. However, that was all the further he was going to try sharing anything of value with this Adran. Illya and many others he trusted seemed to think the man was fine and he showed with his fishing today that he had some grit even if it had be forced out of him. Perhaps there was something worth working with.

As if to test his patience Adran had to ask a question that Donovan figured the answer would be obvious. Blinking a few times he stared at Adran and then sighed. "I don't hate you. Don't typically like your kind and I'm here because I was officially asked by Illya. She overheard our discussion." It had been more like a yelling match. "You don't have much for grit. Couldn't even stand your ground after that argument then you wanted to give up fishing cause you got cold." Letting the blanket drop of his own head he frowned. "If we're going to see this through you're going to learn to be a harder man. Only respect you get is what you earn." Grabbing one of the fish he threw it at Adran. "You've earned that much so far." Just to maintain the grouch for a few seconds longer he tried to scowl a little deeper but, it started to break into a smirk. "Don't let it go to your head. I don't care about diplomacy so much. You just get in there and make sure that king sees a man not a boy."

[Illya Lott] Esra T. Montaque (Whitewood Forest, Geraldis)

As soon a second the arrow flew, Illya started sprinting up towards the deer. The moment the projectile impacted he knife was being driven into its belly, killing it quickly. Deftly, Illya began skinning and cutting the meat into slices and storing it into a pack. It took her only a few minutes to turn the carcass into a display of bloody bones. Wiping her hands in the snow, she slung the backpack over her shoulder, and retrieved the arrow for Esra.

"Well. We got a couple days worth of meat right here. I reckon it's enough on our behalf." Her interest in the nearby village returned. "There's a village nearby. We can sell some of this to the butcher, and maybe buy some vegetables in the process. Should go unnoticed. You want to go?"

Last edited:

Donovan's answer for why he was here made much more sense to Adran, but the man's analysis of Adran was shockingly profound for a man with such little tact. Deep down, Adran knew Donovan was right, he'd practiced with the sword once a week, but wasn't really making progress due to him not being able to see where he's aiming. While he lived amongst the poor for a few years, he'd always managed to earn his keep through his medical skills, not through hard labor. In that instant he saw his weakness, he can heal those closest to him after they get hurt, but he couldn't do anything to keep them from getting hurt in the first place.

"I know you didn't believe me when I said this before, but if its worth anything, I don't like my kind either. But the Guardians need me to be one of them, and that's what I'm going to do. I'll do my job, I can promise you that." With that said, there was nothing left to do but dry off, change and wait for the others to return.

There was no hurry to get dressed. Donovan reached over and prodded his clothing. It was still slightly damp. While the other was talking he just stared at him. "I'll believe it when I see it." Though it could have been considered rude it was a challenge for Adran to do what he said. Personally Donovan found it far more compelling if he knew there was a challenge to be met. Adran was it seemed far more concerned about modesty. That was something else that he would likely care less about the longer he was around the soldiers. When it was time to bathe it wasn't in privacy and Donovan didn't care who saw him naked or not. So long as it wasn't someone hostile and armed.

It only took a while longer for his clothes to be dry enough to put on. Donovan hung the blankets over the edge of the cart and started to throw a little more wood on the fire. They would need it to get a little bigger now so that it would be at a good cooking level in a few hours. The fish was tempting to eat right now. Still it was better to save it till the others returned. Perhaps some nice fish stew tonight or in the morning.

Esra T. Montaque
( Whitewood Forest, Geraldis )

The young maiden - if you could call the immature hunter that - nodded her head up and down, the idea of getting to go to a village rang with mischief in her mind. But then there was the issue that Ilya would probably stop her from causing any trouble.

"Sure... but no cabbage! I am sick of it, or leaks! Those are rather gross too!" Her nose wrinkles up to show distaste as she walked up to the other woman and took her arrow gingerly, nodding a small thank you as she wiped it off into the now and tucked it away without another word.

[Illya Lott] Esra T. Montaque (Wendell Pass, Geraldis)
Illya and Esra spent some time scouring the town for the butcher shop. The entire time, Illya was ushering Esra, who was excited by pretty much everything, to stay on task.

"Welcome, ladies, want to buy anything this morning? We got the finest meat in the village at a good price."

"Not buying," Illya replied, "selling."

He raised his eyebrows. "Well, I hope you aren't trying to get my normal supplier sacked," he joked, rubbing his hands together. "Let's see what you got."

Illya started piling the portions of meat on the table, and the butcher's surprise increased.

"There's nothing to butcher," he noticed, stroking his chin. "These cuts were excellently done."

"Our father did it," Illya boasted proudly. Lying was something she was trained to do from a very young age. "Our caravan had to hunt a bit, but we had extras."

"Well he is better at this than me," the butcher mumbled to himself in awe. "Well, what's your price?"

It took some time to barter out a good price with the butcher, but everyone ended up statisfied with the deal. Besides, he purchased the meat at around the same price, predone. Afterwards, they went around the marketplace and purchased a large variety of fruits and vegetables, tomatoes, salantro, and even apples and oranges.

Even now, there was still a fair portion of time before everyone was supposed to meeting up for lunch. Illya eventually lent herself to Esra's undying curiosity and started exploring other shops. Most were pretty average for a rural village, but they soon come across a forge where the smoke that Illya noticed earlier most likely came out of. Gesturing Esra to follow her, she pushed open the door.

Esra T. Montaque
( Wendell Pass, Geraldis )

The girl did not need to be told twice as she scurried into the forgery, eyes large as she stuck somewhat near Illya: if you could say that. She also is sometimes run up to examine ores that the blacksmith must be able to use in the forge, and also looking to the nearly only light illuminating the area: where the materials would be and potentially are smelted to a liquid like form and poured into basic designs for weapons, armor, and jewelry. "Woe and behold...''

Casper Archaven
(Wendell Pass, Geraldis, Archaven Forge)

Casper was just finishing up the shortsword, hitting it the last few times with the hammer when he heard the door open, He put the sword on the workbench, he could sharpen it up later. Casper focused on the two ladies that just entered his shop. Casper boomed to the ladies entering his shop "Why hello Ladies. Welcome to Archaven's Forge! What can I do for ya. I'm Casper, the smith, of course, don't get many ladies commin in here often." >must be travelerers, haven't seen them before< Casper thought. Casper was a tall burly stocky man, with his face coverend in thin ash, you could see he hand long shaggy hair, and a frizzy beard about mid neck legnth, about the legnth of his hair as well. Casper may look intimidating to some, but in reality he is nothing but a big teddy bear. You would notice a large variety of weapons and armor about the store. There were a few glass containers showing off some of Casper's best work. The was also a small display of jewelry, nothing too flashy, the most noticeable however was an amethyest necklace set in silver on the top shelf of the display.

Last edited:
Esra T. Montaque
( Wendell Pass, Geraldis, Archiven Forge )

Esra did not exactly reply but instead had her gaze left firmly on the silver and amethyst necklace: it was very appealing in her eyes as she had to stand on her very tiptoes to even get a peek at it.

"Oh?" Then... he probably is not used to us? Now is he! Her eyes had brightened and she turned smoothly on her heels to fade towards him. Her eyes held a flirtatious air: she may not have tried any of these tricks at her home in the fortress, but the girl had occasionally saw the weary traveler passing on who was not scared of the Guardians: not especially mentioning her attempts of robbing them, but it could be assumed that : by seeing her returning with many trinkets that she had acquired from her tricks.

"Your works are really nice, and the view is not that bad itself I suppose..." her eyes were resting on him steadily as she spoke.

(( :3 she wants that necklace. She shall acquire that necklace ))

Casper smiled and let out a little chuckle, as he chuckled you could see his gut jiggle a little bit.

Casper replied, "You flatter me Miss, However, I am a happily married man." He pointed to a painting of himself and his wife, Jessica, on the wall behind the workbench, painted shortly after they were married 2 years ago.

"Ahh the necklace, it is quite a nice piece, all I did was form the silver, My wife Jessica likes to place the gems in, she has a knack for that stuff. I'm afraid that's the most expensive thing in this forge, Jessica told me to sell it for no less then two hundred gold pieces"

In reality she told him 250 pieces of gold, but Casper was trying to make a sale of it, maybe if they didn't buy this maybe they could at least get their gear sharpened. Even if I don't sell it, maybe there is some money to be made here, doesn't look like they have much to barter with, better not ask. Casper thought to himself.

[Illya Lott] Casper Archaven (Wendell Pass, Geraldis)
The first thing that kicked into mind that Casper was a businessman, but it was as if they even had 200 gold pieces in the first place.

In fact, most of the items around here were too expensive for their budget, and most were not much superior in quality than that of the Guardian's weapons. As a Major General, her dirk was much more valuable in quality of the ones he provided. However, she wanted to buy something for Esra.

"We aren't here for jewelry." She said. "Not nearly well off enough. See," she held up the pack containing the remaining deer meat, "we have to hunt for our own food."

She instructed Esra to explore around, but Illya had another motive in mind. Esra's bow has been made by her father at a early stage, and she kept it ever since. Now it was much too weak in comparison to her maximum potential.

She really wanted to spend what was left on a new one for Esra, if she could haggle for a good price. The couple of gold pieces they had left was not quite enough for a full metal one, but plentiful if she were to select a reinforced longbow. She had some experience with veteran bow users, and selected a bow that seemed most fit for Esra's build. She inspected it and asked, "how much?"

Last edited:
Casper Archaven (Wendell Pass, Geraldis)

"This longbow?" Casper said as he removed it from the shelf. He pondered for a moment. "It is 1 gold pieces, 4 silver pieces, and 2 copper pieces, but for you ladies I'll knock off the copper pieces" Casper said. I should probably send them to Josef the fletcher, they might need arrows, and he is a terrible hunter Casper thought as the lady looked over the bow in his hands.

Jessica came in through the door with a tray of food, Casper's lunch, It looked like a hardy pulled pork sandwich with gravy and mashed potatoes in between the slices of bread. Jessica was short just over 5 feet tall, and rather curvy, she stuck out in all the right places. She had short dark hair, it was pretty sleek as well, she had thicker eyebrows then a normal woman but when she talked she had a pleasant voice.

"Here you go dear, your lunch, make sure to wash your hands this time before eating" Casper rolled his eyes momentarily and accidentally spoke aloud, "I did that once, and I was really hungry". Jessica gave him a glancing stare, and then she set the tray down. "Thank you Jessi". Before she left, Casper asked her, "is Speedy still not eating? I don't know how I wil get to town without him."

"No, he's not, do you want me to send for the doctor again, last time it cost you a month's pay, and you still had to put that one down." Casper shook his head "no" and then Jessica left the forge.

Last edited:
[Illya Lott] Casper Archaven (Wendell Pass, Geraldis)
Illya winced at the price. They didn't even have a gold coin, let alone the extra silvers. She started rummaging through her pack.

"How much do you like lettuce?"

"Meh," he grumbled. She tossed the idea back into the pack.

"Perhaps," he said undecidedly."Do you know anyone who could take a look at my ass?"

She furrowed her eyebrows at the bizarrity of the statement.

"In fact... We do." She considered this, because it would mean leading him to the camp, or to lead Adran from it. Both would reveal that she and Esra went to the village, but at this point there was little to do. "Okay, how about you come with us?"

The man looked confused at her reaction. "I think we have a small misunderstanding, My ass, Speedy, has not been eating at all and has been very lethargic, I'm afraid if he is not better soon, i might have to get a new one."

Illya's mouth formed an "o". Well, she thought, that was embarrassing.

"Yeah, you know what, if you trust me, I can lead your mule to a doctor. Chances are it will die anyways, so its not even worth stealing. You can keep the silver while we are at it, and when we get it patched up, I'll come back for the bow." She smiled. "How about it?" This way, nobody would have to know anything, but Adran might be skeptical. Nevertheless, it was for the best.

"Problem is he can't even get up right now, we have been trying to get him out in the fields for a week now. Speedy isn't going anywhere fast." He pointed westward. "If you go out the door and around to the back of the building, you will see an old brown barn back there. He is in there, right inside the door."

She pursed her lips. Chances are the two of them could carry it easily. Better than nothing, she supposed.

"Hey Esra!" She called, "we're leaving, but we are going to help this man out a bit. He has a injured animal and we should get it to Adran. We'll get some lunch and then I'll lead the mule back to the forge."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back