Who, or What, is She? (Discontinued)

The boy laughed, and lept in excitement. "Holy shit dude! It's a dog!" He knelt and patted the dog atop its head. "Such a good dog!" The older kid looked towards the dog, but ignored it. "Dude," he said as he continued walking. "If your mom smells that on you, she'll kill you." The younger kid shrugged and held the dog. "I don't care. Look, he doesn't have a collar! She won't care cuz he's not mine!"

Emily slipped out of the younger's hold, bit the bottom of his shirt and started to pull him away from the older kid easily, just to get the two scared. It was much too easy, and she wanted to tease the chance of escape, but she didn't have time for play.

Last edited:
The boy laughed, and ran along the road with the dog. He was truly unaware of the danger he was in. "I'll ran you home," he called back to the boy as he took off down the street, leaving his brother behind. The older boy sighed before fixing heel on his bandage, and limping after the younger boy. "Trevor," he called. "We're supposed to walk together!"

Emily growled when Trevor, he must've been called, didn't get scared. However, she then let out a human snicker, turned into a cat that was just as big as the dog she previously was, became black, and purred. "You are just an idiot."

"Whoa-!" Trevor stumbled to a hault and looked toward the large cat. "A-are you a fairy," he asked in awe. "The dog turned into a cat Bill," Trevor called back to his brother. "A really big cat!"
Bill was still limping after him. "Shut up and come back," Bill called after him. "We have to get home now!"

"Not a fairy, no." Emily chuckled and grew into something that was as tall as her human facade but was neither humanlike nor animalistic. She now looked a bit like a blackened human skeleton, with sharpened ribs, teeth, and claws, and gaining hair that looked more like black fire. "Far from one, in fact. I am what hides under your bed while you huddle in your blankets for comfort and protection. I am what you humans run from in your dreams. I am a monster far beyond your comprehension. I feed on your fear." She explained, snickering at Trevor's dimwittedness. "I AM FEAR ITSELF." Her voice pierced the air as she grabbed his arm by the elbow, her claws penetrating his flesh.

Last edited:
Trevor let out a shrill scream as he tried to break free from the creature's grip. "Biiilll," he cried. "Bill there's a monster..!!" Normally, Bill would ignore anu mention of monsters from his brother, but he could tell that this was serious. He stopped for a moment, just a moment to grab his pocket knife from his backpack before sprinting down the road where his brother had gone, ignoring the pain shooting up his leg.

The creature relished in the euphoria that came from Trevor's frightened screams and cries then ripped his forearm off, watching the muscle that was hidden by his skin get torn. It then tossed the forearm aside and grabbed his other arm, twisting it as the creature's voice became demonic, "KEEP SCREAMING! I CHERISH THE SOUND OF YOUR PAIN FILLED WAILS!"

Last edited:
Screaming turned into ear splitting shrieks that began to die in horse cries. Trevor's feet slipped from beneath him as he fell, hanging from his arm that remained in the monster's grip. The light waa quickly fading from his eyes as his life drained out along with his blood

'Shit! Shit!' Trevor feet gave way as he came to a sudden stop. He could hear his brothers wails, but he heard another voice as well. He gasped for air as he stumbled back. There was no saving his brother.. if he followed after him, he'd be in the same situation.. He wiped the tears and snot off his face as turned and raced back towards the school.

The creature let go of Trevor's arm, stabbed its claws into his chest, and tore him in half, tossing his body to the side and looking to where it heard the receding footsteps. "One down, one to go.." It grinned evilly and dashed to follow Bill, quickly catching up and grabbing him, "DID YOU REALLY THINK YOU COULD GET AWAY!?" Its voice was silent to everything but the creature and the boy it had in its grasp.

"Let go of me," Trevor yelled as he blindly slashed with his pocket knife. He looked about for anyone to call to, but they were in the remote part of town around the old coal mines. No one ever came around. No would ever come around.. Tears filled his eyes as his fate become clear. He was going to die, and no one would know..

"Aaaaawwww... Look at this. The poor, poor child has no one to save him! Not that anyone would be able to save you anyway." The creature laughed, then growled as the knife cut into it, "You think that a flimsy little pocket knife can hurt ME!?" It threw Bill to the pavement when it yelled 'me.'

Last edited:
Blood gurgled from his mouth as he was quickly reduced to a limp, twitching corpse. It wouldn't be until hours later that the amber alert was sent out to the rest of the town as 2 worried mothers and father searched desperately for their children.

Sitting in her office, Maime glanced at her phone as it buzzed and wailed. She had heard that sound in forever. She picked up her phone and was greeted with two young faces.
"Trevor Binks, and Bill Mil," the message read. The two boys were deemed missing when they didn't return home after school. "Oh damn," Maime said to herself before setting her phone down. No one ever went missing before. They left town, but they always came back. A ten year old, and a 13 year old couldn't have possibly skipped town..

Satisfied, the creature stuck to the shadows as a tiny black mouse, before getting inside its house and turning back to its human persona. "Well, that's enough to tie me over for now." It sighed, pushing its hair away from its face. It had to admit, that killing was exhilarating. Probably the best it had ever done in months.

Maime turned towards her computer to continue working. 'They're children,' she thought to herself. ''They probably took some obscene path on their way home, and stumbled off the common road. They'll be back in the morning..'

By the next day, the amber alert was traded with missing person flyers posted around the town. Every post around the town wore the smiling faces of the two missing boys. Personally, Maime would've waited a little longer before vandalizing public property, but she wasn't a worried mother.
She tore off a flyer pinned to the diner door, and turned the closed sign to open. Bussiness was slow, as everyone was our looking for the missing children. Their thoughts may have been if it had only been a few hours since they went missing, tracks could still be fresh. A few customers came in to sit down with small meals, and coffees. It was mostly people who couldn't help with the search, mostly the elderly. No one spoke much apart from short greetings.

Last edited:
Emily looked around at the missing posters and distraught faces of the townsfolk whilst she strolled to Donny's, taking her time and reveling in the delight that came from their fear yet keeping herself looking overcome with worry. There was no reason to rush herself in the face of such fulfilling panic. Once she finally arrived at the diner, she came inside and took the seat she did the day before, maintaining her facade of disturbance.

Last edited:
Seeing Emily, Maime perked up and waved her hand. "Hey Em," she greeted. She didn't even know if she was on nickname terms, but she just wanted to lift her own spirits a bit. "Sorry about the gloomy atmosphere. Ha-have you seen these two boys?" She handed her a missing flyer. She was certain a nee comer to the town hadn't seen them, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Last edited:
After a bit of pretending to try to remember if she had seen the two boys, Emily answered, "No, sorry..." The atmosphere fueled her joy, making her want to laugh, but she restrained herself.

Last edited:
Maime shook her head. Small towns form tight circles. It didn't take long for everyone to get on board to search for the children.
"Lord I hope they're okay," Megan, Maime's coworker spoke. "Two small boys out there in the wilderness! Who knows what could happen to them??" A man spoke up, he wasn't a regular that Maime knew, but his face was recognizable with a large birth Mark. "They might still be in town," he calmly suggested. "Just.. hiding.. or-" Wells spoke up, his eyes stern and hard. "Or some sick fuck has them."

Last edited:
"I wonder who did it..." Emily pondered as she continued to stare at the flyer, though what she was really wondering was how quick the searchers would find the mutilated bodies and cause the mood to drop further.

Last edited:
Back