Who, or What, is She? (Discontinued)

Conner sighed. He had thought she was done with the monster hunting, but it had just gotten worse.. much worse.. He tip toe around the display cases as he spoke. "Maime," he said carefully. "I thought you had gotten over this when you graduated high school.." She was obsessed with the unnatural during her school years. She even failed a few times which was how they had met when a freshman was met with a 5-time senior..
Maime scoffed. "That was only so I could get my parents to calm down," she said as she picked with a life sized sculpture of Bigfoot. "I never truly gave up on the wild and weird.. Now let us discuss business!" Maime made her way towards the computer and sat down on the worn rolling chair. "Now- those kids were found today? Mutilated." She spoke as she typed away on her keyboard. "Now my question is: What could have done it-?"

"Is this a Bigfoot dildo..?"

Maime turned around to see her friend holding a large model of Bigfoot's penis. "Yes," she bluntly answered. "It was the only model I could find."

"Do.. Do you use it..?"

"All 9 inches of it."

The toy was immediately dropped, and Maime went back to work.

The man was speechless, only screaming and crying as the creature lifted him up into the air and stared into his face with the glowing white pupils it used as eyes. "Now, what should I do with you?" The creature pondered as it threw him up and caught the terrified male repeatedly, "I could tear you in half, or perhaps I could rip your head off. Maybe stab into your heart? Or smash you with a giant fist... So many possibilities, yet so little time to decide. I suppose..." It threw him up into the air much higher than was survivable and watched as the man went up and up, then down and down, feeling his fear reach its peak and basking in glee. Finally, the poor human hit the pavement, being reduced to nothing more than broken bones and the weak squishy stuff humans called skin, muscle, and organs with a loud and sickening crunch. Of course, the clothes became covered with blood, as did the concrete. This one would definitely be found immediately in the morning as people's cars would drive near and the family or lone individual who would be inside the vehicles would become horrified at such a gruesome sight, but that digresses.

The creature turned back into the brown tabby cat it previously was, now purring with satisfaction, "An adult human displayed and gave more fear than two children? I should kill adults more often." The cat calmly walked away from the mess, swiftly reaching its home, getting inside, and shifting back into Emily.

Last edited:
Maime began to give Conner a quick rundown of her thoughts, and findings. She kept her eyes on her computer screen, unaware of the look of disappointment on Conner's face. As she finished, she finally found the file she was looking for.
"..so with all this said," she was saying as she pulled up the screen. "I think I know what could have possibly killed those children.." She rolled to the side, and showed Conner the screen. He winced as he was greeted with a sketching of a deformed creature made of different limbs and sections of humans and creatures.

"What the hell is that suppsoed to be," he asked with a disgusted look on his face. The details and realism was unnerving. Maime gave him a smile that made him uncomfortable.
"A skin crawler," she said as she wiggled her fingers. "It takes the shape of any living creature- apart from plants, and uses a lure to lead its victims in a false sense of security.."

Emily smiled and danced around with joy, making the sleeves of the fake sweater grow over her hands and flailing her arms around so that the sleeves would flop around wildly, "That scare should last me a lotta weeks!" She yelled excitedly and started to transform into all kinds of things, at one point turning into the creature that she didn't know Conner was looking at right now. How that guy gave her so much fear, she didn't know, but she didn't care. It felt like she was filled with all the fear in the world with how deprived of terror she had been the past few weeks!

Last edited:
"Uhm..," Conner was stunned and confused. "You think this.. thing is in our town right now and killing children?" Maime sat back in her chair and shook her head.
"Not this thing, it can take any form it pleases," she explained. "So it could've changed into a bear or something to maul them." She could see the discomfort on his face as she explained it, but it was clear he didn't believe her. He was only asking questions so she would get distracted in a rant, and he would leave.. evertime..
"So why are we just hearing about it now," he asked. "Why hasn't it's killings been made public." Hearing that question, Maime wiggled her finger.
"Because they don't have to kill," she answered. "They usually target children, but only to leech off of their fears emitted from their nightmares, or by scaring them." Conner was not satisfied with that answer.
"But why do we now have two dead children in our town if they only feed off of fear," he asked, almost in an angry tone. Maime admired his love and passion for the younger generation.
"Kids have the internet now," she bluntly answered. "They're numb to the regular dose of fear now, so the crawler has to step up their game, and introduce them to something they couldn't possibly experience from behind a screen: Death.."

The creature finally rested on its human look, sighing with satisfaction and sliding down onto one of the armchairs in the living room. She absolutely loved the delight and energy that flowed through her form as Emily wore a relaxed expression.

Conner paused for a moment before turning towards the door. Maime scrambled after him. "Wait Conner," she called to him as he made his way up the stairs. She finally caught him as he was on his way to the front door. He spun as she took hold of his arm.
"Two children are dead, and you're trying to turn it into one of your scavenger hunt games," he said sternly. "And I don't appreciate it." Maime looked up to her tall friend.
"I'm not making it a game," she replied. "I'm being serious, really!" Her words didn't reach him. He shook his head, and opened the door. No bye or good night. He was out the door, leaving her alone again..

Despite this excitement, Emily still felt like she needed more fear, just to secure her existence, so she got up, stretched a bit, and left the house once again. She then walked aimlessly around, looking for another victim to absorb the fear of and kill so that there wouldn't be any complications.

Last edited:
Maime sighed, and returned to her basement. "He'll be back," she said to herself as she closed herself in her basement and went back to researching on her computer.

Conner drove down the dark road. He had never been out of the house this late at night before. Damn it Maime. If she hadn't bothered him, he'd still be asleep in bed..

Emily noticed the headlights of Conner's truck and smiled with glee. A victim! She quickly shifted into a small girl with black hair and eyes, pale skin, a sweater, shorts, and sneakers, then changed her face to be red and puffy with tear tracks, making it look like she had been crying for a long time. Now for whoever was in the truck to take the bait.

Conner almost missed the girl in the dark of the night. He quickly pulled his truck to a stop before hoping out. "Hey-" He knelt by the girl. "Hey.. What's wrong?" There was a heavy feeling in his gut that something was amiss. That something wasn't right. He was probably still shaking off the discomfort of Maime showing him those pictures. "Are you lost," he asked. "Where are your parents?"

"M-my, mommy left me here... I'm scared." The little girl whimpered with a few sniffles. This would be too easy. Nobody was around the two, Conner had taken the bait right away.. She almost wanted to let him run away, but she couldn't.

Conner gave her a kind smile before holding out his hand. "How about I take you somewhere with some light, and food. We can ask around for your mom, and dad." He didn't know how a little girl had gotten so far from the main houses, but he wasn't going to question it.

The little girl nodded and took his hand, immediately making her nails grow into claws and stab into his hand, sniggering, "Wow, I almost feel bad having to do this.."

"What the-!?" Conner jerked his hand away, scrapping his palm. He held his hand as he stared at the girl. "Do what??" He looked around. He was certain he was about to be mugged, and robbed.

The girl didn't bother answering as she grew to be a bit taller than Conner and her flesh and innards melted away to reveal what she had become to kill the two previous nights. The creature then stared down at him, amused, "You are much too sympathetic for your own kind. I pretended to be a sad, sad little girl, and you fell for it right away. Shame you didn't just ignore me."

Conner had no words.. He was stunned. Fear practically poured from every orphace of his body. He backed away, bit by bit, keeping his eyes on the creature. He knew he had no chance of escaping. He was going going to die. Thoughts raced through his mind, all of them crashing together and piling atop each other. He could only make out two: If Maime hadn't called him, he would still be in bed. That was the main one. It filled him with anger, but the second thought only saddend him. "She was right..," he said through quivering lips. "Skin crawler.."

The creature started to laugh as it picked Conner up effortlessly and stared into his face, smiling widely to try and make him even more scared. It then raised its other hand up and extended a single claw to his chest, the tip right over his heart. The creature then slowly pushed its claw in, laughing a wicked laugh.

"A-AHHHHH!!" The pain was like nothing he'd ever experience. He pulled away and fell to the ground, clutching his bleeding chest. He wanted it to be over- but he didn't want to die! "Help," he cried into the dark of the night. "Heeeelp!! Some body help me!!"

The creature grew larger to be the height of a tree, then sat down cross-legged, crushed his truck, and hooked the back of his shirt with the same claw that caused the wound, "No one can help you. If they even gathered enough courage to try, I would just kill them."

Back