Who, or What, is She? (Discontinued)

He struggled, and kicked with his failing strength. "Let me go," he cried. "Let me go! Let me go!" Tears began streaming down his face. He fought with all his might against the crushing dread over coming him.

"No, I don't think I will. I'm not done playing with you yet." The creature smiled as it shrunk down to the size it usually was when it looked like a human, swapping between Emily and the form it started to love. The claw which held Conner stayed the same as it kept shapeshifting and started babbling, "I've grown accustomed to this beautiful skeletal form, and I'm just loving being Emily. Perhaps I should keep hiding among groups of humans. It's so fun hinting that I'm not what I show them! Also, what did you call me? A skin crawler?" It looked at him expectantly.

His eyes began to roll back, his mind simply could not process the fact that something like it existed with such, an ability. "Hnn.. ughhhh.." He went limp in its grasp. He could still hear it talking, could still feel the pain, and fear what could come next, but he couldn't will himself to respond.

It smiled as it could tell he was alive, so the creature rambled on, "That name is so inaccurate. In fact, it's the name of another creature entirely, and they're just little pests. At least I'm smart. At least I can learn what humans usually do and don't do and adapt. Those tiny things just get under a person's skin. Literally."

"Mmm.. mehhhmm.. ehhh.." He could feel his own life draining away. This was it. The last moments of his life was going to be spent drowning in fear, dread, and regret.. woe.. oh woe.. He took a shaky breath before he was finally granted the release of death, whether it was sweet or not.

The creature snickered before dropping Conner, turning into a bird, and flying away to its house. That was more than enough to let it live for a month or two, or even three.

Maime snorted and sat up straight. She had fallen asleep at her desk, notes, drawings, and printouts covering the surface of her desk, and some sticking to her face. "Uugm.. mmokay.." She wiped the sleep off of her face before standing, and shuffling towards the shower for a good wash up, taking the big foot dildo with her..

Once she had showered, ate a goof breakfast, and got into some comfortable clothes, she was out the door. It was once of her days off, so she was going to use it to do some exploring, and more research. She got into her car and drove down the road. She didn't get far until she saw a group of people standing in the middle of the street. She saw his care before she saw the body. "No.. no no.." She stepped on her breaks before struggling with her seat belt. She practically fell out of her car before running to the scene. She took one glance, and that was all she could handle. She turned and clamped a hand over her mouth. Dead. Conner was dead.

The creature sat staring out the window for the rest of the night as Emily once it had gotten home, smiling. She watched the sunrise and left her house, purposefully going to where the crowd stood and acting first confused, then mortified. "Oh my god..." It was hilarious, looking at what she had done and pretending to be scared, "Another death... !?"

Last edited:
Maime stumbled to her car, she wouldn't have made it if Wells hadn't caught her.
"Hey, hey," he said as he eased her towards the ground. Maime felt bad for leaning all of her weight on him, but she had no strength in her legs. She couldn't even thank him, just cry. "Oh god- oh god Connerrr," she sobbed. She didn't care how disgusting she looked, she just wanted to cry until she was exhausted and dehydrated, and dead. Wells stood by her as she cried, offering her a hankchief to wipe her tears and snot on. "I'm sorry," he offered. "I know you you two were close-" He was interrupted as Maime grabbed his camo button down and pulled him close.
"It's all my fault," she whimpered. "I. Killed. Conner." Wells stared at her, confused and worried.

Emily looked at Maime and almost smirked. This Conner looked to be her friend, making it even more amazing. However, the assumption that Maime killed him surprised Emily. She decided to sit down on the sidewalk near Wells and Maime to eavesdrop. Undoubtedly, the dead friend was with the distraught friend before he died, and if she assumed right, that means that she had him with her for something important for her, Emily, to know.

Last edited:
"You.. you kill Conner," Wells questioned. He glanced back at the crowd where the body lay, but Maime pulled his attention back to her.
"Not like that," she hissed. "I made him wake up- I put him in harms way. It's my fault. I need someone to believe me..!" She wiped her tears with a shaky hand. She knew she looked, and sounded ridiculous, but she wanted someone other then a dead man to know her thoughts. "I think I know what killed him," she whispered. "The boys too.. I think I knooow.." Wells looked at her for a long moment before nodding.

"Okay. Then tell-"

"Not here. Not outside. Come back to my house after I leave.. please.." She was desperate, and possibly crazy. She wasn't going to wait for him to deny her invitation. She stood to her weak feet before getting into her car, and speeding away, leaving a confused old man standing alone. Wells looked over and spotted Emily.
"Hello Emily," he managed to say without gritting his teeth. He knew she was only existing, but seeing a new face annoyed him. He was comfortable with the people he knew, and he couldn't be bothered to remember someone else. His dementia wouldn't allow it.

"Hello, Wells." Emily gave him a glance before getting up and walking away from the crowd, strolling back to her house. What Maime said was worth noting, and she couldn't debrief it in front of Wells. It was a small conversation, but surely it could give her big information. Once she got inside, she went to her room where there was a bulletin board, a journal, and a pencil, and deconstructed what Maime said. "I need someone to believe me... That means she thinks or knows something that seems ridiculous to a normal person." Emily wrote this down on a page, tore it out, and stuck it on the board.
"I think I know what killed him, the boys too, I think I know... She said what rather than who." She wrote this down on another page, tore it out, and stuck it on the board. She did this, along with crossing things out with a red pencil, for each bit of clarifying and conflicting information that she felt was right or wrong.
"Not here, not outside... That means that she doesn't want a certain someone, or a certain something, to hear." The final bit of the conversation was written down and stuck on the board. It wasn't much, but it was enough to speculate.

"So, if she thinks or knows something that seems ridiculous to a normal person, then it's safe to assume the latter. If she said what rather than who, that means she thinks that whatever she thinks killed him exists. She most likely didn't want a certain someone or a certain something to hear because she knew that she would be in grave danger if she just discussed it blindly outside. That and everyone would think she's crazy, but it's just the former that matters. Conner said 'She was right... Skin crawler...' and he was with Maime before I killed him so... SHE KNOWS!" Emily shouted suddenly and started pacing. This was bad, very bad. If Maime told every single inhabitant of Dark Water County, that means that they would know, and so they would try to hunt Emily down, or not be scared of her anymore, which means she could DIE!

Emily quickly left her room and her house, turning into a tiny mouse that was the color of the concrete and running back to where she killed Conner. She had to confirm her suspicions, but she didn't know where Maime lived!

Wells watched Emily leave before turning back towards the crowd. He had gotten a call earlier of an apparent suicide. A man had somehow gotten on top of his house, and lept to his death. He sighed, and shook his head. His town was experiencing more shit than he had ever scene, and people were growing anxious, and afraid. He needed to calm them all down, starting with Maime.

Maime could Wells old pick up rolling down the road before he had parked in her drive way. She rushed to the door, and opened it before he could knock.
"Did anyone follow you-" She noticed that he had changed into a camo hoodie, and tough jeans and boots. "You.. changed your clothes..?" Wells nodded. "If I believe you," he said. "Then I won't waste no time gettin' 't huntin'." Maime waa relieved that the old man was at least considering her ideas. She peeked out the door before inviting him in. She immediately led him down to her basement, and towards her computer. Wells stiffened when he saw her vast collection of objects connected to wild monasteries. "The hell.." He did a 360 turn in place, taking in his surroundings. He was uncomfortable.. He looked toward Maime who was searching everywhere for something. He didn't know what she had lost so hard, but if she lost it in this room.. it was gone.

Seeing that the coast was clear, Maime turned to Wells. "Sorry- making sure we're alone.. it-it can turn into anything.."

The mouse squeaked in frustration, then just ran around haphazardly, taking a long time before it finally spotted Maime's car in her panic. Finally! The mouse ran up to the door and turned into a black blob small enough to fit under the door, slipping underneath and into her home. Even if it was just a possibility that Maime knew what Emily really was, it still needed to know. The blob searched and searched until it finally heard the two talking, at which point it went under the door and became even smaller so that the two wouldn't know it was there. In the basement, the blob gawked at everything, then looked up at Maime and Wells. Luckily, it came after the former searched around, so it was safe for now.

"Okay-" Maime grabbed her scrambled notes, and sketches before walking over to a section of the wall that was covered in more notes, and newspaper clippings. "There," she said pointing to a picture of a malformed dog. It was blurry, almost as if it was caught in midrun. "That's-that is what killed Conner- well- not THAT specifically but-"

"What the hell is that supposed to be," Wells asked sternly. He already didn't like being down there with a potential lunatic, and he didn't like what she was showing him.

"A skin-crawler- walker.. uhm.." She looked at her notes before pinning more sketches to the wall. "Uhm.. it may have been a skin-crawler posing as a bear.. but it could have been a walker.. or a shapeshifter- ssomething! I know it was something that shouldn't be here!' She felt tears welding up in her eyes. She wanted him to believe her so badly, but it was up to him.

The blob looked up at Maime, its suspicions confirmed. So, the woman that stood in front of it without even knowing right now knew what killed Conner and the two kids, but didn't know where it was hiding. At least she didn't know that Emily was the creature hiding among them. However, it was still a hazard to let her live for much longer. Then, the blob smiled with newly developed sharp teeth.

Maime sounded ridiculous and Wells seemed like the no-nonsense type, so it would be hard to believe that shapeshifters existed. Though, just in case, the blob would still kill him, just to make sure that he couldn't tell anyone else if he did believe Maime.

Wella sighed. "Alright then.. I'll uh.. take your words inta consideration, okay?" It was quite farfetched to say that a mythical creature was going around, and terrorizing the people of Coalbed, but at least if he said he would think about it, it would calm her nerves a tad. He stepped foward and patted her shoulder. "You take care, okay?"

Maime whimpered, and smeared her tears. "You can't- you can't be alone when you leave," she warned him. "That's how it gets you!" Wells was a well-known man, but she was certain that he lived alone. He wouldn't make it. "You can stay with me!"
Wells shook his head. "I gotta get home dear," he said before heading upstairs. Again, Maime was left alone to ponder, and worry.

The blob thought about revealing itself to Maime then decided against it, sticking to the stairs and sliding up them to follow Wells. Killing him at night with just a simple stab in the gut in his home would be good. In the meantime, the blob could perhaps stick to his car to learn where he lived.

Wells slid into his truck and sar for a moment, watching her through the window of her home as she walked about her house, nervously pacing. She truly believed that some wild creature was out there. He shook his head before turning on his truck, and driving to the far edge of town. He lived about as close to the mines as he could get. He was a young man when they were still running, and he worked to make the town what it was. He renovated one of the sheds into a small home. He only need the basic things to feel comfortable: Bed, kitchenette, a small tv, and his dog. He parked his truck near the mine before hopping out, and limping towards his home, and shutting himself inside. His dog was alseep by the door. A soft pat brought him out of his slumber, and he followed Wells to the kitchen to watch him cook.

The blob stuck onto the bumper of Wells' truck and let go once he stopped at his home, watching him go inside, turning into a black cat, and walking slowly back to its house. So he lived near the mines. That would be perfect for killing him as he wouldn't be discovered in the morning until the townsfolk realized he was gone and nobody apart from Maime would know what did it as they wouldn't be able to see the creature without being killed.

The cat turned back into Emily once it got into its house, sighing, "Maime is going to be a problem.."

Back