Who, or What, is She? (Discontinued)

The dog continued to bark, and snap at the creature as Wells closed the door behind it, unaware of the change that just occurred.
"Damn cat," he grumbled as he poured himself a cup of soup. "Gon' flare up my allergies-" YIP! He frozed at his dog yelped before going silent. Surely a kitten didn't just beat his hunting dog.. right??

The creature left the cowering dog alone as it went to the door and knocked twice, now the height that Emily was just like always. It didn't know why it did this, it just felt hilarious to be polite before killing Wells.

Wells winced before swiping his shot gun from beneath his bed and cocking it. "You have no business here," he yelled towards the door. "Leave now, or I'll shoot!" Someone was here? How could he not have noticed someone coming towards his home?? If they were planning to rob him, they'd have a hard time.

Oh well... The creature clawed at the door, quickly getting through the wood. It spoke in a demonically low voice, "A gun won't do anything..."

"Ah-!" He pulled the trigger out of shock, but the recoiled knocked him onto the floor. He cried out as he fell onto his bad hip. "Damn it- ahh!" He looked towards the gun that fell to the floor and crawled towards it. If the gun wouldn't do anything, someone would at least here it and come for him.

"Nice to see you again, Wells. How do you like the new look?" The creature asked rhetorically as it ripped the door apart and came inside smiling. This was so much fun!

"Get away!" He fired the gun again, the shock of the blast rattling his own bones. He groaned as he shuffled away from the creature, his back pressing against the wall. "Get away from me!"

"That's too bad. You likely don't even know who I am. Well...." The creature turned into Emily, smiling. "Probably not as much of a reveal as it would've been, because of Maime, but it's too late to rethink it." She approached him quickly and picked him up, slamming him against the wall and laughing without saying anything more.

Wells groaned, and cried as he struggled against her grasp. "No... no.. no, no, no!" Maime was right! Of course she was right, right?! Wells should've stayed with her. He should've helped with the research or anything to keep from being alone. He reached in his pocket, and grabbed his army knife which he stabbed into her arm repeatedly, certain it would do something.

Unfortunately, it didn't do anything but anger her, "One of those kids tried that too, but nothing will stop me!" Emily raised up a hand that was black and clawed, laughing once again, "I'm sorry, Wells, but I can't let you live now that you know!!"

"I WON'T TELL ANYONE," he cried. "I SWEAR! I SWEAR I WON'T TELL! PLEASE DON'T KI-" His voice grew hoarse, and weak. "Kiiii- eeeeeh!" He went silence as the muscles in his neck strained and worked to get his voice at. The knife, and threat was abandoned as he put his concentration in getting his voice back. He opened and closed his mouth, but all he could manage was faint wheezes, and whines.

"Oh, I suppose I could let you live, but that wouldn't be much fun would it? Hm. Can you absolutely swear that you wouldn't tell anyone?" Emily stared at him, "Just nod or shake your head. Although, you know what would happen if you refuse."

He nodded, a hand at his sore throat. He stared at her with wide eyes, as his dog creeped into the door. He couldn't let it know that Coon was on his way, so he kept it's attention as his dog prepared to launch. The dog gave a short bark before jumping, and latching onto the monster's shoulder.

The creature growled and shook Coon off, setting Wells down gently and keeping its eyes on him as it slowly backed out of his home, "This is your only chance, and your only warning. IF I HEAR ONE PEEP THAT I CAN INTERPRET AS YOU TRYING TO WARN PEOPLE, YOU'RE DEAD! AND THAT GOES WITH GESTURES, LETTERS, NOTES, WHATEVER YOU TRY TO USE THAT CAN BE USED AS EVIDENCE FOR YOU TRYING TO TELL SOMEONE THAT I'M NOT WHAT I SEEM, THEN..." It drew a claw across its throat, then turned and left, reverting its form to Emily. The monster knew that Wells likely would tell anyone and everyone, but it wanted to give him a chance.

Watching Emily leave, Wells scratched his sore throat, and looked at his ruined home. He was sure he wasn't going to be going out any time soon. He looked to Coon and gave him a small pat. He curled up on the floor with a huff before going to sleep. Wells cleared his throat, and closed his front door, cursing under his breath.

Maime had been calling Wells for over 30 minutes. 20 missed calls, and they were piling. She prayed that he wasn't dead too, but it was more than likely that Emily had gotten to him. She sniffled, and wiped her tears. Her head hurt from all the crying, and stress. She wanted rest..

Emily smiled widely as she walked, now heading towards Maime's house. She wanted to give them both a chance, so she had to get the message across for both of them..

She approached Maime's home, smiling, going to the door, and knocking.

Last edited:
Maime paced in her house. If she got Wells, she'd come for her too. She snatched her keys off the table, and was about to rush to her car when there was a knock on her door. She was not expecting company.. She couldn't be alone with Emily.. She grabbed her phone, and called Megan. "One second," she yelled towards the door. She threw on a hoodie, and answered the door, as Megan picked up. "One sec hun," she said to Megan as she smiled to Emily. "Hey Em! How'd you get my address?"

Last edited:
Emily grabbed Maime's phone out of her hand and stopped the call before speaking, not even answering Maime's question, "I'm not here to hurt you, I'm just here to establish something. If you ever even dare to try to tell anyone else what I am, then we would have some problems, specifically me having to kill Wells and making you watch his death before I kill you. This includes verbally through calls and in-person, writing like messages, notes, letters, etcetera, etcetera, and body language. Got it?"

"You're a bit of an ass," Maime stated, pushing a bit of gray hair behind her ear. "Most people say hello when they're invited into someone else's home." She looked up to her, and crossed her arms. "What are you going to do when two more people go missing hm? You're going to skip town, and start anew?"

"You didn't invite me. And I heard that people consider the stranger's squashing to be a suicide, so I will use that method from now on. Also, it would be four people. The fear that the two children, the stranger, and Conner gave me is more than enough to last a few months." Emily explained as she tightened her grip on the phone, slightly cracking the screen, "Now do you understand?"

Back