Who, or What, is She? (Discontinued)

"If you're so satisfied then why don't you just fuck off-" Her phone buzzed, it was Wells. She looked to Emily. "Are you going to answer that or do I have to?" She was beyond relieved that he wa still alive. She thought she was going to go through this alone. She held out her hand ro accept her phone.

Emily looked at the phone, then Maime, then back to the phone, and covered Maime's mouth. She then turned the hand that covered her mouth into ooze, extending it to wrap securely around Maime's head and answering the call but not saying anything.

"Mmph?!" Maime struggled against Emily, but she stopped as she heard Wells speak.

"Hey Maime," his said, his voice rough, and low. "Just wanted to want you about that Emily girl. She came over, and threatened me. I'm sure she'll so the same t' you id you're not careful.." He paused. "I don't know how we're gonna do it, but we gotta kill her. I don't want t' lose anyone else.. g'night.. stay safe.." Beep.

"As I expected..." Emily muttered and let go of Maime before tossing the phone into her hands and walking out the door. Of course Wells would try to tell Maime right after she left.

"Don't hurt him," she yelled as she ran after her. "He's just an old man! He had dementia! He'll forget everything anyway!" She raced after her, grabbing her arm. "Just leave us alone! Go bother some other town, but leave us alone!"

"I made it clear that this was his only chance and I gave his only admonishment, so he has to die. I don't care if he'll forget, he didn't heed my warning and so, he needs to die. And I'd rather live here. Two children and two adults every few months isn't that big of a dent in such a community. Now get your hands off me or I'll drag you over there to watch him die and then kill you too."

She cursed before releasing her and racing back into the house. She could warn him, and he could leave to stay somewhere safe. She dialed his phone number, and cursed when it went to voice mail. Why wasn't he answering?! Tears filled her eyes, as she tried desperately to contact him.

Wells was asleep at home. His back began to ache as he was cleaning his home, so he took a break, and a little nap after the call. The sun hung low in the sky, as it was getting ready for bed.

Emily walked to Wells' house angrily. Well, more like stomped, and calling her angry would be an understatement. She was just fuming! She said that this was his only chance and his only warning, so why didn't he heed the warning and not throw the chance away!? Emily sighed and calmed herself just as she got to the small home, at which point she ripped the front door open.

Wells jumped from his bed, and fell to the floor. "Gah! Coon!" He doved towards his dog, and shook him awake. Immediately the dog was growling, and charging toward Emily, while Wells snatched his gun. He fired blindly, at the creature.

"I GAVE YOU A WARNING, BUT YOU DIDN'T HEED IT!" The creature dashed forward and slammed Wells into the wall, growling and immediately digging a black clawed hand into his chest. The dog didn't matter right now.

"Noo-!" His head bounced against the wall, stunning him. He winced and grabbed the clawed hand that was stabbing his chest. "You won't- get away with this..," he groaned.

"Of course I will. I just have to stalk Maime extensively, kill her if she tells anyone, and make it look like an accident or suicide."

"People will wonder. People will look. You'll be stopped in no time-" He winced. "You're nothing if they find out what you are! You'll be forgotten in no time!"

"Well, they won't." The creature drug the tip of one of its claws down Wells' chest and stomach, then grew another arm from the elbow that didn't hold him in place and tore him open. Now Wells couldn't tell anyone else, and Maime could see what the creature could do if she made a wrong move.

Instead of blood, and guts, long, thin fleshy tendrils fell from his wound. He continued to yell as the tendrils tried to wriggle back inside the open wound.
"They kill you! They don't fear you! You won't stand a chance-!" His throar began to pulse, and bulge, and his eyes began to fall into their sockets. The tendrils fell out of his body, leaving a hallow corpse.

"Holy shit, I haven't seen one of you. Only heard stories. Maime will love to know that her friend is a skinwalker." The creature poked at the tendrils with a toe then turned and looked at the dog. "You secretly a skinwalker or a shapeshifter too?"

"A.. sib..ling..," the empty Wells croaked as the tendrils continued to use his vocal cords. After answering, Coon coughed up a pile squirming tendrils before scarfing them down. Wells' tendrils climbed back into the body before regaining control. While keeping one arm cupped again his stomach, Wells pulled his bed away from the wall, and lifted a trap door. He dropped inside as Coon followed after him.

"Okay, that's fucked up and I'm a shapeshifter." The creature watched them and slowly turned and left, turning back to Emily and thinking about what just happened. Honestly, she was actually pretty surprised. The skinwalker she just encountered hid just as well as her before she was discovered.

Wells limped toward his underground freezer before opening the large metal door, and heading inside. He sat for a moment before making his decision.

The trap door opened, and out came Trevor Binks. He looked around the shed, before he was pushed aside as Bill Mil climbed out of the basement. He kicked the door closed, and pushed the bed back into place.

Emily made her way back to Maime's house, smiling, "Maime would just love to hear the truth about good old Wells and Coon..."

Back