Who, or What, is She? (Discontinued)

Maime wouldn't be there. She couldn't stand being alone for another moment. After Emily had left, she drove to Megan's place. She gave a brief lie about how she was mugged, and luckily Megan was nice enough to let her spend the night. She was given the couch, a soft blanket, several pillows, and free range of their apartment.
Maime laid awake that night, hoping that Wells' death was quick, and painless.

Emily growled when she saw that Maime wasn't at her own house, then smiled, "That gives me time to fully examine her little supernatural space." She got the door open and went down to the basement, looking at every single thing that lay in the room for the whole night and avoiding the Bigfoot dildo.

The space was cramped with lifesized sculptures, cuts outs, bones, glass cases, toys, cardboard boxes, and plenty of other things relating to the unnatural, and unknown, but she couldn't find anything relating to skin walkers, or shapeshifters. An entire wall was blank of any notes or clippings. It seemed she had taken it all with her, wherever she went.

To be honest, Emily was surprised by all the research she had seen. Maime had even gotten evidence that things that even Emily didn't know about existed. Then when she got to the blank wall, she smiled widely. At least Maime was smart enough to take that research with her.

Last edited:
Maime sighed, and turned to face the couch. She was alone, except for Megan, but she felt more like a friendly coworker than an actual friend. Maime had no one left in her life. Her parents had moved, and her only friends were deas because of her.. She sniffled, and closed her eyes thinking of Conner. His broad shoulders, scarred chest, hard abs, and muscular physique.. God she missed him. Was it wrong to want to have sex with a dead person? Possibly, but she had no one to judge her anyway. She was going to finish up "business" before diving back into her research.

After a long while of looking extensively at all the research, Emily straightened up and left the basement. Where could Maime have gone? She sighed then turned into a small mouse, hiding in one of the closets. She just needed to wait...

Maime was too exhausted to work the next morning. She just wanted to stay where she was as, but she had work to do. She managed to get herself cleaned up, and into the clothes that Megan had lended her. She was nice enough to leave her the keys, and take the shift.
Maime was truly at a lost of what to do next. She had no one else to turn to. She doubt that Megan would believe her as Wells did, but if she was out of options, she had no choice.

In the early morning, Emily could here a wagon rolling down the street. Everyone was most likely still asleep at that time.

Emily became confused when she heard this and peeked outside from under the front door, still in her mouse form. What was that? Hopefully, it was Maime, but she felt it was unlikely.

In the dark street, she could see two children wheeling a wagon full of something large, and lumpy. Upon closer expection, she could see that it was Trevor, and Bill. Both back from the death, and rolling a red wagon of dead bodies. Trevor was pulling the clearly heavy wagon while his brother bounced his both, still smeared with his blood from that fateful day.
Both boys were dressed in black clothes that hung from their small frames. Trevor wore a large black shirt that exposed his pale, thin legs, and a baseball cap. Trevor covered himself in a large hoodie, and dark jeans, the hood covering his face.

Emily honestly was not surprised. She could tell immediately that it was the skinwalkers, due to the unnatural strength Trevor suddenly had, and the fact that she knew she killed the children. She silently wondered if they would forever disguise as the two kids until they were discovered, or take a new form once they were out of town. Finally, she brought her mind off of them and became disappointed once she realized that Maime would not be coming back to her own house for a long while.

"What are you standing out here for," Bill asked as he turned to look at the shapeshifter. "Won't people find it strange that the newcomer, Emily, was seen at Maime's house after she disappeared?" Trevor stopped pulling the wagon, and turned to his brother.
"So you'd offer it help, but let me struggle with a stupid broken wagon?" Trevor shrugged, and continued to bounce the ball. "You seemed to have it under control." The two really did sound like brothers. They didn't bicker as much when they were Wells, and Coon, because dogs didn't talk.

"I just wanted to tell Maime that her oh so dearest old friend Wells and his dog were skinwalkers. I really don't mean her any harm, in fact, I'm really impressed by how much she's found. I was just waiting for her to come back so I could say." Emily explained as she watched the two, "I'm assuming you're going to another town?"

The boys looked to each other, before shrugging. "We are figuring things out," Trevor answered. "I can see the news already: "Wild bear attacks again! Wells Cooper, and his faithful companion found dead in their home!" He shrugged. "We might find somewhere else to go, but for now, we'll be traveling to smaller, less aware towns. We rob graves, and stock up on gas station goodies-" He pushed a body to the side, revealing their large purchase of junk foods, and drinks. "We will live simple until we get our plans together." In the pile of bodies, Emily could see Conner's pale face, and even some scrappings of the "suicide" man.

Emily chose not to comment on the 'suicide' man and Conner, simply nodding politely and wondering how they could try to salvage the squashed remains, "Well, I'll be going now." She walked past them in the direction of her own home, going slowly so that if they thought of something before she got too far away from them, they would be able to catch her. Or fight her.

"Try to keep your killings to minimal shifter," Trevor warned her as she walked away. "We can be quite destructive when desperate. Do keep that in mind when you're making these deaths public.."
The two boys then took the wagon, and continued down the long road back towards Wells' cabin.

"I'll take note," Emily called to them before they started walking away themselves and quickened her pace to a normal speed. She wondered where Maime went to live while she walked, sighing, "Well, she doesn't have any friends to go to besides that coworker of hers... But I haven't even gotten the other's name, let alone her address..."

Last edited:
"Do some fucking research," Trevor barked as he still walked. "She spends most of her time at work! Try that out, or just skip town!" Skinwalkers had a bad reputation of absorbing the personality of their skin suits. Apparently Trevor was a brat when he was alive..

Maime didn't leave the apartment until late in the evening, when the town was at it's busiest. She wasn't going to give Emily the chance to catch her alone. She pulled on some clothes before making her way towards her car, and to the library. She wasn't done with her research, and Emily already knew her address, so she couldn't go back home.

"I'd like to use your computer, please," she asked the librarian. She nabbed a monitor closest to the exit, and got to work. There wasn't much she could find on the internet about shapeshifters. The only thing she was interested in were their weaknesses.

Last edited:
Emily rolled her eyes at the child but didn't answer. This was why she, and many other shapeshifters, HATED skinwalkers, along with the hatred just being mutual.

Despite the brattiness, Emily took Trevor's advice and changed her direction to the diner. She arrived at her destination after a bit longer and became disappointed when she saw that Maime wasn't there. She didn't know what she expected, but she still felt the disappointment. Sighing, Emily left and headed to the library. Maime probably wouldn't be there, but she just needed to check.

Arriving at the library in the evening, going in, and looking around, Emily spotted Maime. Success! She silently walked over to her, and smiled, "Hello, Maime. How are you?"

"Oh you know.. tired..," she answered calmly, but Emily could feel fear radiating from her. "I'm working on a project, so I can't talk long.." She kept her eyes on the screen, but she was ready to alert the nearby patrons of she felt like she was in danger.

"Okay. Well, just wanted to tell you..." Emily looked around before continuing, "Wells and his dog were skinwalkers." She said quietly, leaning on the table.

Back