Who, or What, is She? (Discontinued)

Mamie stiffened, but she kept her eyes on tje screen. "You're just trying to manipulate me.. scare me. It won't work, now leave before I call someone.." Maime knew that was a lie. From her research, skin walkers were found in the southern regions, but shapeshifters were also found further north.. so she could be wrong.

"No, I'm really not. I tore Wells open, and a skinwalker fell out instead of blood and guts. And the dog barfed up a skinwalker too. Now they're disguising as those two kids, Trevor and Bill." Emily reassured Maime, then added, "Also, skin crawler isn't a good name for shapeshifters. That's a whole 'nother creature."

"Fuck you. I won't believe anything you say now go away.." She couldn't understand why Emily was trying so hard to psych her out, but it wasn't going to work. She was going to find someone to help her, and get rid of Emily once, and for all.

"Well, what are you researching? How to get rid of me?" Emily whispered and persisted. She didn't know why she found it so funny to bother Maime, but she wanted to keep going.

"Duhh.. Isn't it obvious that I want you gone?" Maime glanced back towards her. "For a blob specialized in manipulating people, you're bad at reading a room." She turned back to the screen and pulled up a tab that showed nothing, but snakes wearing different types of hats, and scarves.

"No, I feel like you're worst," she said as she scrolled through the pictures. "You know, with whole murdering, and what not. It puts you on the top of the list. Congrats."

"I'm honored," She answered sarcastically, "But seriously, skin crawlers and walkers are worse. Skin crawlers make you scratch your skin off, and walkers tend to act like the person whose skin they're wearing, which is okay, but then they act terribly if the person they're disguising as is terrible. And it seems that Trevor was a brat when he was alive."

Maime raised her hand in the air. Immediately, a librarian assistant was at her desk. "What can I assist you with ma'am," she asked. Maime gestured towards Emily.
"She is preventing me from completing my work, and enjoying my day," she stated. "Could you do something about her?" The librarian nodded, and turned towards Emily. "I'm sorry, but if you're not going to check out a book or computer, please leave. The library is not a place to converse with friends."

"I'm sorry." Emily apologized and left, going back to her home, "Maime's not gonna get rid of me. I'll wipe out this entire town and skip over to the next." She smiled once she was inside her house and told herself, "I just need to make sure that anyone she tells dies."

Once Maime was satisfied with her research, she sat back in her chair. Her stomach growled. "Damn, I forgot I needed food to survive," she mumbled to herself before signing out, and leaving the library. Luckily it wasn't too far of a walk to the nearest store. She could grab herself a microwave plate, or she could sit in a fast food place. That sounded better.. She sighed, and continued down the road towards Burger Bing.

It wasn't long of her heading back to her house before someone was at her door. The doorknob clicked before two people came stomping into her door. A police officer, still bleeding from the stab wound in his side, and homeless woman with a bullet in her head. The police pinned Emily to the wall, she could see the walker's tendrils writhing beneath his skin, and inside his eyes.
"What.. ki- kind of game are yoooou.. playing herrrre," the police growled, the muscles in his neck flexing, and pulsing. It was obviously a rushed job for the walkers to control their bodies. They didn't stop to become fully intact in their bodies.

"Get off of me, and I'm not playing any kind of game!" Emily shouted, pushing him off of her, "What the hell are you even talking about!?" She raised her arm, the forearm blackened and clawed in case she needed to attack the two. Whatever the walker was talking about, she didn't know. She was absolutely disgusted at the sight of the pulsing muscles and squirming tendrils, "Also, you need to take more time on getting into a body or two. You look revolting!"

"T-telling the woman what we are..! That's what I am talk-ing about!" The officer winced, and shook his head. He began massaging his temples, the tendrils fading from his skin. "You spoke to the waitress, Maime. You told her that Wells, and his mutt-"
"Coon was not a mutt," the homeless woman spoke. "He was a pure bred Blood Hound! They're very expensive, and loyal!" She crossed her arms. "I appreciate it if you showed him the respect he deserved, as he was a living animal!" The homeless woman was a tree hugger.. and a drug addict. The officer sneered at her before turning his attention back to Emily, but he kept his distance from her claws. They only had so many replacements. "Why did you tell her," he asked.

"I told you I was going to tell her," She answered, "You didn't stop me from searching for her, even gave me a bit of advice! How could I not tell? Besides, she didn't believe me. Or did she see you, and realize I was right? Also, you choose the skins of the worst people to inhabit. Exactly why you skinwalkers are the worst." Emily sighed as she let her arm fall, but she did not get rid of the claws, just in case.

The officer frowned, the tendrils creeping up his neck. "Listen, Emily," he began. "We like to live simple lives. When something interferes with our simple lives-"

"Such as a selfish shifter," the homeless woman interrupted.

"-we look to fix the block in the gears. Right now, you're eaaasing into our gears, and things are starting to come to a stop. Wells is dead. Conner is dead. Jackson, the suicide guy, is dead. We're having less, and less to work with, and you're fucking up our system with your recklessness-!"

"Oh my god I stole your shit," the homeless woman exclaimed, before holding up the officer's wallet, and badge. "We can spend this money on a new car-!"

"The truck works just fine," the officer groaned.

"Nuh uh! What will people think if they saw two strangers driving Wells' car??"

Emily snickered at their bickering, "I'm not being reckless, I'm trying to survive. Maime's the one who's ruining it. She's the one telling every single person she knows and trusts that I'm a shifter. I'm just killing them so that nobody except her knows. Want someone to be mad at? Be mad at her." She told the two, "You're the ones being reckless, what with you rushing yourselves on getting into a body. You're practically asking to be discovered! Sure, I started killing right after I came here, but no one suspected it was me. They all just want to think it was animals that are tearing people apart and suicide. Also, yeah, it would be pretty suspicious if you two were driving his truck."

"Aww.. we can't be mad at her.." The officer chuckled. "The little woman just wants to have her fun.. it's watching her struggle, and cry.. I want the juicy lady alive for a little longer. I might take her for my own. Life's little pleasures, yeah?"
The woman threw the officer's wallet at his head. "Disgusting old perve! Leave her alone! She deserves to have a voice-!" She stopped. "Oh what the fuck am I talking about?! She's getting suspicious! She's getting bold! We can't let her live!"

"Looks like the cop was pervy. Really wonder why he was killed." Emily said sarcastically, "And anyway, it is fun to watch her struggle. She's watching all her great friends die at a shapeshifter's hands because she was careless with her actions. I want to make her watch the last person in this town be torn open. She would watch as whatever person's guts fall out of their stomach, as they're torn in half by my clawed, black self before I kill her too. All that fear that's come from me killing all her friends would boil over! I would perhaps be able to live for years!" She fantasized, smiling at the thought.

"I don't like that idea at all," the officer grumbled. "We'd have to move again! That shit takes time! Can't you just.. I don't know.. make a farm of humans or something? You can do that right?" He looked back to the woman who shrugged.
"Maybe.. but if it hasn't been done yet, then probably not." The officer shook his head.
"Whatever. All I ask is you not fuck it up. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to pay Maime a visit-"
"Not if I get there first!" The woman raced out the front door, and the officer was on her tail.

"OH MY GOD NO!" Emily's arms turned to ooze and stretched out the door to latch onto the two. "At least get into some other skins! Seeing a homeless woman who has a headshot wound and a police officer with a stab wound walk around together would be super sus, so you would get discovered!"

Back