Whose Your Favourite Fictional Character?

I can't. I CAN'T CHOOSE, THIS IS TOO CRUEL. I have way too many characters that I love ;; I'll be a rebel and list more than one favorite keke. Here are some of my many husbands and wives out there (in no particular order):
  • Nanami & Tomoe - Kamisama Hajimemashita
  • Luffy - One Piece
  • Way too many Shoujo manga + Otome game husbandos (Seven! Zero! Seven! Kudos to all those who get the reference)
  • Daryl Dixon - The Walking Dead
  • Rapunzel - Tangled
  • Megara - Hercules
  • Legolas - LOTR
  • Elijah Mikaelson - The Originals
  • Niles - The Nanny (Omg I love him so much <3)

Pshhhh too easy. Even with all the hundreds of characters that I love, I can't have anyone be higher than THE Green Lantern, Hal Jordan. This guy is frickin awesome. And inspiring too. Like, I get that the theme of the whole Corp is willpower, but this is the guy who turned into pure willpower himself. Even crafted a ring from his own willpower. That's cool as f**k.

I've admired most of the female leads in Joe Hill's novels (son of Stephen King), especially Vic from NOS4A2.

She kicks ass. While she may not be the most well-liked character in terms of her personality, her upbringing in an abusive household would account for her key weaknesses. Also, she has a great arc that develops as she matures in a very realistic way. By the end of the novel, she's a mother who was willing to sacrifice herself for her son. She was never a damsel in distress; in fact, she ventures into the antagonist's 'lair' after handcuff in a man so no one could stop her.

Like Father Dearest, it's a scary book, but it's also so much more.

Also, I have always liked Clarice Starling, since Silence of the Lambs was the first R-rated film I had ever seen, and to an extent Dana Scully from The X-Files. Though Scully had started to irritate me by the end of the 7th season. While Clarice has the nostalgia factor, I felt a lot like Scully in some ways.

Last edited:
I have two favorite characters. One is slightly less so than the other, but they both remain in my heart and will for years to come.

The slightly less favorite character of mine is Raistlin Majere from the Dragonlance series. He was the first character that I found intriguing and awe inspiring when I first started reading fantasy. Tasslehoff and Fizban are also pretty high on my list, but Raistlin takes the dragon orb wink wink.

My favorite character is Roland Deschain of Gilead, from the Darktower series. Recently I've been reading the books, (I'm currently almost finished with the 3rd one) and he is just such an interesting character. I love characters that have a dark past and a mysterious aura around them, and he fits the bill perfectly. I enjoy how Stephen King paces his development, to keep the reader satisfied with what's given but secretly wanting more and more.
Both are amazing characters, some of the best tragic heroes I've seen. The way they just sacrifice everything for their destinies was gut wrenching and awesome to read.

For mythologies: Monkey King and Medusa
For super-comics: Iron Man

For the Command & Conquer series : Yuri, Zofia, CABAL and Kane
Also if we include Mental Omega... that would be a long list

• Yunru
  • Libra
  • Fin
  • Volkov
  • Uragan
  • Rahn

This is such a hard question, I love so many fictional characters! If I had to choose I would say Batman as I love brooding characters. Other favorites are Mad Max, Dexter, Captain Jack Sparrow, Bigby Wolf (Wolf Among Us), and Heathcliff (Wuthering Heights).

Sherlock Holmes as well, I love me some Sherlock Holmes.

I'm not picking just one either, since every character that has managed to become a favourite, has for different reasons, and from different genres. :)
Jane Eyre. What a strong character in an interesting classic, and all without being a super hero or badarse.
Puddleglum, from "The Silver Chair" of the Chronicles Of Narnia series. Comically pessimistic, he has a good head for navigating through some pretty perilous situations, and never sells himself out and gives way to the wrong side, even when it is the most popular/persuasive to others. He isn't fooled by characters trying to pretend to be something other than what they are, either.
Misery Chastain "Misery" She's got a couple of cool things going for her. She's a character within a fictional book, within a fictional book. She's got a very unlikely name, and that makes rping her as a pleasant person pretty fun. She has the unlikely name thing in common with Fortunato from that dreadful short story "Mateo Falcone" whose title character I detest.
Robert Goren from "Law And Order CI" just awesome. Detective and near genius all wrapped up in one.
Jessica Fletcher "Murder She Wrote" How she can get at the truth, often without people realizing she is on to them, and how she keeps her cool under all kinds of situations, just wow.
Gretel from the story "Hansel And Gretel" This is no damsel in distress. She wasn't afraid to act when she saw the only way she could save herself and her brother. and what had to be done wasn't pretty, but it was necessary. she is kickbutt. also, doing one of those "Which fairy-tale character are you?" type quizzes a long time ago, this was my result. Cool. Fun to rp.
Spider Man. Well, who doesn't like Spider Man? Everyone knows who he is, and I mention the old cartoon in another thread. Good watching when you just want to chill.
Pippi Longstocking - everybody's heard of her, too. Favourite character in a one of my favourite books growing up. Even as a little girl, she didn't let anyone push her around, and stood up for what was right. She did a few super heroism things, some of which could land her in Sue territory if they didn't occur in a fun fiction book that is friendly for all ages. I wished I had a friend like her. I wished I could have quite a few of the things she had. The super hero quality she has is unusual physical strength, which she seems to be most famous for.
But as an rp character, I had to re-make her to an adult version, since no one would take a little girl seriously. With that came giving her an adult mind and personality. I kept the physical strength and her Fletcher/Gorenesque way of keeping cool and figuring things out. This also made her the most challenging character to write, particularly when some other rp character that said/wrote something to her was really odious, But adult Pippi is far more diplomatic than I am, so much as I wanted to tell some character they sucked, I couldn't do that when having to respond as Pippi. She really schooled me on how to deal with difficult people without blowing my top.

I can't decide on a single favorite character, so I'll divide it by what they're from.

Video games: Shulk (Xenoblade) - I generally don't like choosing the main character of something as my overall favorite, but Shulk stood out so much from other JRPG protagonists and had such an interesting story that I can't choose anyone but him.
Television: Tobi (Naruto) - I went with his original name to avoid any spoilers, those who have watched/read Naruto know who I'm talking about. He isn't really a popular choice, but I really liked seeing his development.
Film: Darth Vader (Star Wars) - I loved the story of his fall and eventual redemption, and he's such a cool and intimidating villain that I can't leave him out.

I have a lot of different favorites so I'll just list some off the top of my head:

Riku (Kingdom Hearts) -- The original RPG rival, at least for me. Riku is a character I've always gravitated to because of his natural charm and then later his more earnest qualities. He's just so cool, not just because of his abilities, but also because his entire arc of redemption and self-improvement throughout the Kingdom Hearts storyline is so enthralling. You can really understand his emotions and struggle as he goes out of his way to help his friends whereas most characters like him would just continue to antagonize them. Yes, he starts out as a cocky jerk, but with everything he accomplishes directly afterward, and still continues to even after he rejoins his friends, he becomes much more wiser and aware of the world around him.

Kuririn/Krillin (DragonBall) -- Not my favorite character from the series (that goes to Piccolo), but still pretty high up. Kuririn was one of the first "underdog" characters I grew up watching as a kid and even though I only really started appreciating him when I got older, I've always had a fascination with his character. He's kind, he's smart, he's witty, he's charismatic, and even when being one of the weaker (and smallest) characters of the Dragon Team, he never bats an eye when it comes to helping people and giving it his all. And if there's one thing he's not, it's that he's not someone like Yamucha. I seriously don't get how people still compare the two even to this day. There's a difference between being an underdog and being a complete joke... no offense to Yamucha fans, I like him too. xD

Eddy (Ed, Edd, 'N Eddy) -- Just to break away from people from more "action" oriented series, I'll talk about a character from a animated comedy, as well as my favorite cartoon of all time. Eddy is a wise-cracking schemer and although he's more prone to being an antagonist than a protagonist most of the time (as are the Edds in general), I get so sucked into his charisma and charm that I pretty much have his side on anything. It especially helps if you've seen the Big Picture Movie and know the reason why he acts the way he does, but uh, I won't spoil that.

I seriously would have to divide this up by genre to be true to all of my pretty favorites. But the very first to spring to my mind is The Scarlet Pimpernel.

That's an extremely hard question. I'd have to divide it by genre to even have a chance xD

Video Game -
Action: Cayde-6, Destiny
Action/Adventure: 2B, NieR: Automata
RPG: Xion, Kingdom Hearts
Visual Novel: Saber, Fate/

Anime/Manga-
Shoujo: Mariko Kamakura
Shonen: Wendy, Fairy Tail
Harem: Charlotte Dunois, Infinite Stratos
Action: Lelouch Vi Britannia, Code Geass
Magical Girl: Santa V. Litvyak, Strike Witches
Western Animation: toss up - Zuko, A:TLA or Qrow Branwen, RWBY

Let me narrow my list a bit:

• Kest - the Greatcoat series by Sebastien de Castell
  • Athos - three musketeers
  • Dresden - Jim Butcher
  • Venkman - ghostbusters
  • Toorop - Babylon AD
  • Holtzman - ghostbusters
  • Mad Max

...okay, I'll stop there.

2B from NieR Automata.

She is an android, a robot basically and not only does it stimulate the existentialism inside of me but she also has certain personality traits that I do appreciate. "Emotions are forbidden," yet every action is choosen and influenced by emotion, the desire to protect your comrades, your appreciation for them, your willingness to go out of your way to aid others. The game itself has a lot to do with the concept of existentialism and an arguement could be made that every single android within this fiction is psychotic and therefore mentally damaged. Thinking, a lot of them are delusional and plainly insane... especially if you so happen to take away the inspiration that made them live.

Killy from BLAME! the manga by Tsutomu Nihei, one of, if not my favourite manga artist and author!

That's a hard question. At the risk of appointing much younger than I am, I think I'd have to go with Martin the Warrior from Brian Jacques' Redwall series.

What a question! Firstly, I have to agree with Jane Eyre a few posts up - I studied Jane Eyre for my English Literature A Level and the only character I have seen since through which such a moving account of social restriction for women is channeled is Celie from The Color Purple.

I also adore Tara from Buffy - easily my favourite character in either series (though I do love Giles). I love some versions of Guinevere from Arthurian legend, too, but I've actually written an article on her and I'm a bit too tired to paraphrase the whole thing just now. Last but not least, Winry Rockbell from Fullmetal Alchemist. Nothing I love more than seeing a woman in traditionally patriarchal roles without being forced to choose between science and femininity.

I now know the meaning of "internal screaming" picking one thing is so hard... Well, I'll try...

No... No I won't. Picking one is not something that I can compute. I'll just narrow down some of my favorites of different genres and styles.

Favorite Video Game Villain: I would have to say GLaDOS, she brings passive aggression to absolutely cruel levels and really had some good development.
Favorite Video Game Hero: If I was picking my favorite for badassness I'd say Amaterasu from Okami. If I were picking for personality I'd say... Chelsia from Khimera, never have I connected with a character so much.
Favorite Book Hero: I think Manon from the Throne of Glass series, she's not a very good person but I love her.

My brain is crying, I need to stop picking favorites.

Back