1x1 Winds of Insurrection

"Marvelous," Dorothea said, watching Ikaros take off before turning her attention back to Kassandra. "Indeed. I was a songstress here in Enbarr when I was a girl. I prided myself on how popular I was with suitors, but...all that seemed insignificant once the war started." A shade of sadness crossed her features. "I was happy to help the cause, of course, but five years of war truly does leave scars no makeup will cover up. At least now the healing can begin for us all...once we find the Imperial Ministry and get this little bandit out of here, of course."

@Jeremi

Kassandra nodded. "While my own war has been far more clandestine in nature, I understand what you mean." The misthios placed her hand on Dorothea's shoulder. "I'd be happy to help support your healing...as well as capitals once this is done, of course."

She then smiled at Dorothea. "Perhaps as my reward for capturing this bandit, I could hear a little sample of your singing voice?"

@Yun Lee

Dorothea smiled, placing her own hamd on Kassandra's. "I only just met you...and yet I have to admit your company is far more enjoyable than quite a few of the suitors I've had. In fact, I--"

CRASH! The sound of shattering glass echoed through the courtyard. Dorothea immediately frowned, stepping away. "Stay right here on watch. I'll go investigate." Not saying anything more the mage turned on her heel and headed towards the source of the sound.

@Jeremi

Really? "Really?" Kassandra was so tempted to run right past her but she held back. While Walhart was the primary employer it was Dorothea she'd had the most contact with so she stood back to see what would happen. "Be careful!" Kassandra had to at least show some concern.

Overheard Ikaros cried out giving a birds-eye view of the situation.

@Yun Lee

Ikaros would see a figure in shadows running into the courtyard,= and hiding behind a nearby rose bush, taking some sort of object out and using it to summon some sort of black portal that not only engulfed them, but Kassandra. Before the bird could do anything, his mistress was gone.

---

One moment, Kassandra would be in the gardens, the next she was suddenly swallowed by darkness, only to find herself moments later in a strange underground tunnel, one built entirely of stone.
847067_073a290e50217b886499211723d445e0.jpg

There seemed to no other way to go but forward, it seemed.

@Jeremi

This was new. Well, not the dark, damp corridor, but the way she found herself there. Kassandra drew her weapons and with uneasy steps started to make her way down the tunnel. She hoped that Dorothea hadn't been caught up in this, whatever this even was.

@Yun Lee

There didn't seem to be much here, save for a stony tunnel that went on and on. Eventually Kassandra would arrive at a fork in the road. Left she could hear faint noises, while right she could sense a slight draft.

@Jeremi

Draft was good to know, that probably meant it led out of here, but that’s not what Kassandra had been hired for. She was hired to find bandits and so she turned left in the fork sneaking and keeping to the shadows as to not be seen. She was going to get out of here and one piece. After all, she really wanted to hear Dorothea sing.

@Yun Lee

As Kassandra got closer, she converged on a room, where from within the noise was easy to recognize as the sound of a fight. Further in and away from the opening, a vaguely familiar voice cried out. "ZIODYNE!!" and immediately after came the sound of thunder striking. A groan followed after, followed by a distorted laugh, then the sound of someone being struck. The person cried out, getting flung right into the view of the tunnel. A masked stranger lay on the ground, trying to scramble back to his feet in time before his foe could land another attack.

latest

"Oh God, oh fuck..."

Who this mysterious stranger could possibly be was anyone's guess.

@Jeremi

Kassandra didn't have to take many guesses as to who the masked individual could be, but she felt that it was probably best to stay hidden a bit longer to asses the situation. Ryuji in a mask did not win him any benefit of the doubt considering her issues with people in masks.

@Yun Lee

"It's over, foolish child!" The distorted voice cackled, and appeared in front of the boy. Kassandra was able to get a good look at the being before her. Some sort of skeletal rider upon an unusual horse.

"Children like you should know their place and stay in line!"

He got to his feet, glaring at the rider. "You're a pretty shitty father, y'know that?" He pointed his weapon, a lead pipe, at him. "And you want even MORE kids?!"

"Silence! My bloodline will prevail over all others in Fodlan! I will pass down my Crest and sire forth a new age!"

"You mean your WIFE'S Crest? And the same Crest her sisters have?!"

"ENOUGH!!!!" The rider raised his arm, and a dark red cloud of magic surged right at the masked boy, causing him to cry out in pain. "You have too sharp a tongue, boy. Perhaps it is time someone cut it out of your mouth!" With his opponent temporarily out of commission, the rider readied his bow, prepared to take him out.

@Jeremi

The Rider suddenly found himself hit with an arrow in the shoulder as Kassandra stepped out of her hiding place. “You speak too much, malaka.”

The final word though unfamiliar could be assumed was a curse of some sort. She fired off another arrow from her bow now aimed directly at the Rider’s head. “Perhaps if you postulated less you would get more things done?”

@Yun Lee

The rider snarled, the arrows doing a but of damage to it. The boy used the opportunity to gather his bearings, and take a place by Kassandra. "Yeah, less talking, more fighting!" He produced a weapon of his own, a shotgun, and fired at the monster.

"Grr...so you have friends then, boy? I'll be sure to let the emperor know you don't work alone...once I deliver him your heads!" Another dark cloud came for them, this time large enough that it could overtake them both!

@Jeremi

“Ryuji!” Kassandra exclaimed as she instinctively leaped to knock both the blond boy and herself from the path of the dark cloud in an attempt to avoid the attack sent towards them.

@Yun Lee

"W-Woah!" The two were able to avoid the attack, the cloud dispersing into the air. The boy let out a sigh of relief. "Thanks," he said, before realizing what Kassandra called him. "But uh, I think you got me confused with someone else. My name's Skull, not--"

"GRAUGH!!" The rider aimed an arrow at them, to which Skull grunted. "Guess we gotta take care of this jerk before we can talk! PERSONA!!" Putting his hand to his mask, he summoned forth a strange being, a skeletal pirate aboard a floating ship.

latest

"Let's go, Kidd! Megaton Raid!!" The being sent forth a surge of power that slammed into the rider, almost taking him out. One more attack should do the trick...

@Jeremi

Kassandra wasn't going to question the boy just yet. Instead, she clutched unto the broken spear of Leonidas. Whatever this being was it wasn't human and that might require something more powerful. Using "Skull's" attack to her advantage Kassandra got a running start and leaped at the Rider aiming to sink in the spear tip into its skull.

@Yun Lee

The rider howled in agony, the attack dispatching him quite nicely. The rider vanished into black smoke, leaving in his place a...man? This man was surrounded by a faint smoke, his body pale and in a more monochromatic tone than expected. Strangest of all, though, were his eyes. Glowing yellow, they had a look of remorse.

"Oh Goddess..." His voice wavered, as if ready to cry. "What have I done? I...I just...my sons...losing them in the war, I..."

Skull walked up to the man. "Look, dude. If you want kids so bad, don't cheat on your wife to make 'em. That's weird! Aren't there, like, orphanages and stuff? Crests aren't everything anymore, y'know?"

"Y-You're right...I'll tell her everything. A-And if she still wants me...we can try to start a family again..." The figure disappeared, leaving some sort of glowing object in its place. The boy grabbed it, and in his hands materialized two rings.

"Guess these belonged to his sons..." Skull looked up at Kassandra. Thanks for your help, uh, stranger. You want one of these? They got a weird energy to 'em..."

@Jeremi

Kassandra folded her arms and gave "Skull" a very long look. "Ryuji. Perhaps if you had changed your voice or acted somewhat differently I would have bought your ruse," She motioned to his hair. "Of course your hair is a dead give away." She looked him over. "I have my suspicions over you but I'd like to hear what you have to say before I pass judgment. And yes..." She handed out her hand. "I would like one of those rings."

@Yun Lee

Ryuji's eyes widened. Clearly he thought he was at least a bit secretive. "W-What? But...but I..." He sighed finally, shoulders slumping as he hung his head in defeat. "Damn it...I thought I was doing so good..." Nevertheless he placed one of the rings in Kassandra's hand.

View attachment 5046

It was a beautiful rose gold ring, with a blue jewel set in the middle of four angel wings. It was also no ordinary trinket, as even just holding it Kassandra could feel a benevolent energy surging from it.

Having put his own on, Ryuji removed his mask, a bit nervous about what was going to happen now that he was caught. "...Look. I promise I'm not doing anything majorly illegal, okay? I didn't even wanna steal at all but Lily does it anyway! The only thing I steal is hearts, and that's a good thing! Honest!" He was about to say more but a rattling noise suddenly got him even more nervous than before. "Crap! Uh, we need to get out of here. Then I can explain more. Just...promise you won't turn me in, okay?"

@Jeremi

Kassandra looked over the ring before pocketing it. She knew what she was going to do with it later. "I haven't decided on your fate just yet." Hearing the noises she felt inclined to trust the teen. "Perhaps when you have spun me your tale I've gotten an idea on what to do."

@Yun Lee

Back