Side Story » World Ending re:[Construct] Syndrome «

Peter Parker/Spiderman

Peter had been taking the time to listen to everything that was being told to him and he had helped where he could with the monsters, but it was still processing everything that was going on with them. "I think it might be safe to assume that Cecilia might be the construct that we need to destroy in this world. She seems to be the outlier in this village who is cause all the chaos."

@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @York @Capri @Jeremi @dark @Minerva @Not a Writer @ShadowCoyote0

❝ I never heard of it before, so I'm going to assume no on that. ❞ The inventor shook his head, answering bluntly. Looking over, he saw that Kofuku was having trouble keeping up the pace with everyone else. He still felt unsure about his connection to her, but even if she didn't do anything productive, he didn't want to lose the potential help she could give with her powers. Groaning in annoyance, he signals his Dynamos to get into a rectangular formation around her, forming a projected hardlight rectangular container that would carry Kofuku for now. The Particle Prism formation was simple enough, so he didn't need to worry about wasted energy resources at the moment.

Now that they were calm and sitting, Aaron chuckled back at Add.

I should have guessed by the fact you didn’t shoot at me on sight.” Keener said, adjusting his backpack strap with a chuckle. “SHD and I don’t get along anymore. Let’s just say there were some... differences in opinion on how things should be handled.

He took off the backpack and sat down, unzipping it and pulling out a can of beans and a can opener. He proceeded to open the can and eat it with a spoon.​

Rena yelped in surprise once Sev shot down the monstrous villager that was close on grabbing her. That was... really really close. ❝ Thanks, sir! ❞ She quickly thanks him before going back to leading the way with Keiichi.

The more the group went and followed the pair towards the direction of the safehouse, the more it seemed like the horde of monstrous villagers was beginning to thin out. There were still a few villagers on their trail, even with the combined efforts to keep them from catching up and swarming them.

If the others were putting in the effort to defend the group, Add felt more inclined to save his Dynamo drones the energy of assisting. He did install a self-charging core and all that, but in a place like this, it would still take too long in-between skirmishes to be fully charged. He blinked at Keener's inquiry, must've been asking if he was associated with some group called SHADE or something.

❝ I never heard of it before, so I'm going to assume no on that. ❞ The inventor shook his head, answering bluntly. Looking over, he saw that Kofuku was having trouble keeping up the pace with everyone else. He still felt unsure about his connection to her, but even if she didn't do anything productive, he didn't want to lose the potential help she could give with her powers. Groaning in annoyance, he signals his Dynamos to get into a rectangular formation around her, forming a projected hardlight rectangular container that would carry Kofuku for now. The Particle Prism formation was simple enough, so he didn't need to worry about wasted energy resources at the moment.

Just further through the forest, then there was finally an open clearing.

sXOJdIH.jpg

Given that it was the only building in their vicinity, this school was most definitely the safehouse that Keiichi and Rena were talking about. Passing through the stony playground field in front of the school, something that would stand out was the strange chalky marks on the ground that seemed to circle around the school building completely.

Without a moment wasted, Keiichi urgently knocked at the front doors, calling out, ❝ Mion! Mion, it's us! Keiichi and Rena, we're back! ❞ During this, Add looked back to make sure that there weren't any more stranglers of that earlier horde following them. To his surprise, the scientist tilted his head at how the few remaining villagers that were following them earlier... were now aimlessly walking away as if it just... lost interest?

Soon, the doors open after a few more moments of Keiichi knocking the door. Though, the door only cracks open a bit once whoever was inside realizes that there were more people with the two teenagers.

❝ Oh! Don't worry about them, Mion, they're actually really nice and protected us on her way back here! ❞ Rena quickly explains for the group, not wanting to leave them outside. There was a bit of silence before the door finally opened up wide. A green-haired girl, who seemed to be slightly older than Keiichi and Rena, holstered the pistol that she had at the ready just in case. This was probably the "Mion" that the two teens were talking to.

6OntIoJ.png

❝ Alright, everyone get in. Quickly! ❞ Mion ushers the group to come in with a commanding voice. Once everyone was accounted for and inside, Mion wasted no time on closing the front doors shut, immediately bolting the entrance and barricading it with a wooden bookcase. As they were now inside, Add releases Kofuku from the moving hardlight containment cube that he used to safely transport her with the group.

Vt8gPO1.jpg

The hallway appeared like a mess, which isn't a surprise considering that this was a makeshift safehouse with the villager overrun by a monstrous horde. One of the classroom doors peered open, and a good handful of children peeked out to see what was going on at the entrance before retreating away from the door.

❝ There's a vacant classroom directly to your right. I guess a couple of you are tired after dealing with... all that shit outside. ❞ Mion points out a classroom that the group could use for the time being. It was only then that Mion notices Rena's arm injury.

❝ I got Rena covered, we should still have some first aid supplies in the infirmary. ❞ Keiichi reassures Mion before he takes Rena over to the infirmary on the far side of the hallway. Left alone with the group, Mion sighs before leading the group to the vacant classroom, where all the windows were boarded up and all they had to light the room was a camping lantern. There, she takes a seat on one of the chairs.

❝ I can tell you're not from around the area, Hinamizawa village and Okinomiya town in particular. I'm going to take an educated guess and say all of you have no idea what's happening here at all. Am I right? ❞

@Not a Writer @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @York @Capri @Jeremi @dark @Minerva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Everybody

As they moved through the forest Jackson fired off his last two shots the only indication of this was him saying to Garrus "Dry! Reloading!". However as he reloaded his sniper he looked back a moment to see that they were approaching a school....not only that but these monsters were backing off. "Good shootin' Garrus now lets head to the building" Jackson speaks before turning and heading to the school with the rest of the group. After the group was directed to a classroom Jackson enters choosing to keep his rifle in his hands. He was still on high alert but listened as Mion spoke and other members of the group asked questions.

People asking the about those monsters were getting Jackson's attention as he wanted to know more about them as well. He decided to speak up after Peter though noted that Kofuku was for some reason keeping her distance from the group. "Been wonderin' 'bout them monsters m'self. Hit one center mass with my sniper and all that did was piss it off. Headshots seem to do 'em in but I gotta ask....are there anymore weaknesses?" Jackson decided to ask figuring that any new information on those freaks would be most useful.

@Not a Writer @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @York @Capri @Jeremi @dark @Minerva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Everybody

SUNNY
@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @AnyoneElse

Sunny_Neutral_%28No_Background%29.gif

"..."

Sunny weaved his way through the crowd, not even answering any of the questions, trying to find a place where he can coop up for the time being.

It's a safe house, right? Everywhere's gotta be safe.​

It was a lot of questions to take in, but Mion didn't mind. It wasn't like she was unable to answer them completely.

QfzOyKJ.png

❝ I'm not sure what's your beef with her exactly, but yeah... that woman called Cecilia is the reason why Hinamizawa village's been turned into a chaotic mess. She just showed up one day, about a week ago, and some residents of the village offered to let her stay at their house since she appeared to have no home. Next day, those villagers who offered her a place to stay started to act weird, like she's gifted them something that life-changing. I really wish we caught on sooner, but at the time, no one really batted an eye. ❞ Mion recalled the events that led up to the situation they were in right now, ❝ The day after that, it all went downhill. There wasn't any school staff present when a third of our village's class showed up for what we thought was a normal school day. That's when me and a couple of my friends decided to go investigate where our teachers and other classmates were. ❞

She takes a moment to let out a breath, recounting what occurred, ❝ It was like majority of the village was infected in some sick hivemind, saying that Cecilia was their goddess and that we all needed her blessing. All while covered in blood and guts of the other residents. They were saying that they needed to present a child to Cecilia to preserve her youth or something, which gave me and my friends the red flag that we were in danger. My twin sister opted to buy us time to go back to the school and barricade the place ASAP... When we were fleeing the scene, I witnessed one of the villager's heads bursting into that... fleshy monster thing, and killing my sister in one blow... ❞

Glancing out the window, Mion stares at the chalky marks surrounding the school, ❝ We managed to get back here without bringing back any of those... monsters. One of my classmates, in the mean time, left those weird chalk marks circling the entire school building. She mentioned that it was a way to ward off bad spirits or something. I don't know what that's all about, but it's somehow made any lingering monster back off every time. So there's that. ❞

❝ That's basically the whole backstory. Essentially, we're holed up here, because there's no way I'm letting my friends and my classmates get sacrificed to some monster cult that's mostly gathered up at the village's shrine, where I guess Cecilia's made herself comfortable at. I don't know how Cecilia caused this in the first place, since I've never seen her myself in person, but I'm going to take a guess and say she's extremely dangerous. If she was able to turn that many people into monsters, then there's no telling if she can do the same to you guys. Now for those monsters' weaknesses, I don't think anything else other than getting rid of that fleshy thing that comes out of their heads is more effective. ❞
She wraps up the lengthy exposition, hoping she's covered all of those questions.

Off to the side of the classroom, Add had an inkling of interest over Keener's comments. Similar technology to his out there in the multiverse was no surprise in itself, but it was still a point of interest to the scientist. It was something to keep in mind for when this was all over.

❝ Right, I suppose in this particular case, it would've been a bad move for everyone involved if I aimed my Dynamos at you. That Sorcerer didn't say a thing about what would happen if any of us were to die during this whole Construct elimination quest. ❞ He points out as he checked up on his Dynamos' status. During this, he had been listening into Mion's story. Well, it was needlessly long, but he had the important parts down. He only had one question for the schoolgirl.

❝ May we get to meet the girl who managed to ward the monstrous villagers away with those chalk scribbles outside? I find it odd that she was supposedly marking this school up for protection before knowing that the villager was overrun by monsters, let alone knowing a way to protect this entire building in such an absurd way. ❞ Add asks, finding this way too odd to accept as is. Even if this village had some strange stuff in it before the Construct's inclusion, it just didn't make sense that they had a way to conveniently protect this place in such short time.

❝ Unfortunately, not right now, I can't do much about that while she went out yesterday for a supply run. If you run into her later, she's a little shorter than me and has similar green hair like mine... maybe a little lighter. She also wears glasses. Her name's Nia, and she moved into the village a month ago. I didn't really question how she knew a way to ward off those monsters, but I reckon she can explain it for you guys. ❞ Mion sighed, shaking her head. ❝ Did I cover everything or is there still stuff needing some explaining? ❞

Meanwhile, Sunny would notice in the hallway that there was a ladder leading up to presumably the attic.

@Not a Writer @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @York @Capri @Jeremi @dark @Minerva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Everybody

Rena yelped in surprise once Sev shot down the monstrous villager that was close on grabbing her. That was... really really close. ❝ Thanks, sir! ❞ She quickly thanks him before going back to leading the way with Keiichi.

The more the group went and followed the pair towards the direction of the safehouse, the more it seemed like the horde of monstrous villagers was beginning to thin out. There were still a few villagers on their trail, even with the combined efforts to keep them from catching up and swarming them.

If the others were putting in the effort to defend the group, Add felt more inclined to save his Dynamo drones the energy of assisting. He did install a self-charging core and all that, but in a place like this, it would still take too long in-between skirmishes to be fully charged. He blinked at Keener's inquiry, must've been asking if he was associated with some group called SHADE or something.

Just further through the forest, then there was finally an open clearing.

sXOJdIH.jpg

Given that it was the only building in their vicinity, this school was most definitely the safehouse that Keiichi and Rena were talking about. Passing through the stony playground field in front of the school, something that would stand out was the strange chalky marks on the ground that seemed to circle around the school building completely.

Without a moment wasted, Keiichi urgently knocked at the front doors, calling out, ❝ Mion! Mion, it's us! Keiichi and Rena, we're back! ❞ During this, Add looked back to make sure that there weren't any more stranglers of that earlier horde following them. To his surprise, the scientist tilted his head at how the few remaining villagers that were following them earlier... were now aimlessly walking away as if it just... lost interest?

Soon, the doors open after a few more moments of Keiichi knocking the door. Though, the door only cracks open a bit once whoever was inside realizes that there were more people with the two teenagers.

❝ Oh! Don't worry about them, Mion, they're actually really nice and protected us on her way back here! ❞ Rena quickly explains for the group, not wanting to leave them outside. There was a bit of silence before the door finally opened up wide. A green-haired girl, who seemed to be slightly older than Keiichi and Rena, holstered the pistol that she had at the ready just in case. This was probably the "Mion" that the two teens were talking to.

6OntIoJ.png

❝ Alright, everyone get in. Quickly! ❞ Mion ushers the group to come in with a commanding voice. Once everyone was accounted for and inside, Mion wasted no time on closing the front doors shut, immediately bolting the entrance and barricading it with a wooden bookcase. As they were now inside, Add releases Kofuku from the moving hardlight containment cube that he used to safely transport her with the group.

Vt8gPO1.jpg

The hallway appeared like a mess, which isn't a surprise considering that this was a makeshift safehouse with the villager overrun by a monstrous horde. One of the classroom doors peered open, and a good handful of children peeked out to see what was going on at the entrance before retreating away from the door.

❝ There's a vacant classroom directly to your right. I guess a couple of you are tired after dealing with... all that shit outside. ❞ Mion points out a classroom that the group could use for the time being. It was only then that Mion notices Rena's arm injury.

❝ I got Rena covered, we should still have some first aid supplies in the infirmary. ❞ Keiichi reassures Mion before he takes Rena over to the infirmary on the far side of the hallway. Left alone with the group, Mion sighs before leading the group to the vacant classroom, where all the windows were boarded up and all they had to light the room was a camping lantern. There, she takes a seat on one of the chairs.

❝ I can tell you're not from around the area, Hinamizawa village and Okinomiya town in particular. I'm going to take an educated guess and say all of you have no idea what's happening here at all. Am I right? ❞

Man. This totally sucked.

Being babysat by Daikoku was one thing. The two of them had been together for a lifetime, and he was more like a worried best friend to her. Someone who always watched over her and those around her alike, weighing both her safety and her curse equally when dealing with other people. But the man she had cared for and who had cared for her for so many millennia was gone, and all she felt now was that she was burdening both her allies and her shinki. How was she going to get out of this? To make things right again? And even if she did... she could feel that her time was growing limited. Would she really be able to make things right before it ran out altogether?

Caught up in her slew of concerns, she almost didn't realize just how dizzy she still was from the terrible tumble she'd taken. If it weren't for the intervention of the Dynamos, she would've stumbled and fallen flat on her face within a mere few seconds more. She was both relieved and disappointed to be assisted, though she did her best not to let the latter show, forcing a dorky grin onto her face as she took the time to regain her bearings. The brief respite helped immensely, and she felt capable of running a marathon by the time they made it to the safehouse.

View attachment 10997

Sheepishly, she half-laughed. "Ah, thank you, Addy-kun-" Wait. Safehouse. Safehouse. She'd been too out of it before to realize where they were going, but it hit her like a semi now that they were here. "A-actually, wait! You might want to, um, leave me... out... here." Too late. She was already in the building. "Or... not. Aha hah..." Normally, she detested being treated like a harbinger of misfortune, but now she almost longed for it. The idea that she'd been brought into a place that already held another source of misfortune en masse sounded bad enough on its own, but the fact that she'd been taken to that place's safe haven seemed like it was begging for something bad to happen. As the group was lead further in by Mion, Kofuku grew visibly restless, wrapping her arms around herself and rubbing them lightly for her own comfort. She made sure not to actually step into the classroom, doing her best to keep as much distance between herself and the group as she could. She half entertained the idea of asking them if they happened to have salt before dismissing the idea. She dealt with enough of that from Ebi-chan.

Doing her best to at least stay tuned in with the conversation despite her choice to stand as far away from everyone as physically possible, Kofuku chimed in as well. "...That's right. All we really know is that there's some lady named Cecilia those townsfolk were raving about before they turned into those monsters. What exactly were those things, anyway?" Corpses of human beings, now inhabited by something new? Or something that simply looked human to lure you in, up 'til the last second? It was hard to say, and Kofuku wasn't sure even this girl would know. But it was worth a shot asking.

@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @York @Capri @Jeremi @dark @Minerva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @All​
Peter Parker/Spiderman

Peter had been taking the time to listen to everything that was being told to him and he had helped where he could with the monsters, but it was still processing everything that was going on with them. "I think it might be safe to assume that Cecilia might be the construct that we need to destroy in this world. She seems to be the outlier in this village who is cause all the chaos."

@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @York @Capri @Jeremi @dark @Minerva @Not a Writer @ShadowCoyote0

Now that they were calm and sitting, Aaron chuckled back at Add.

I should have guessed by the fact you didn’t shoot at me on sight.” Keener said, adjusting his backpack strap with a chuckle. “SHD and I don’t get along anymore. Let’s just say there were some... differences in opinion on how things should be handled.

He took off the backpack and sat down, unzipping it and pulling out a can of beans and a can opener. He proceeded to open the can and eat it with a spoon.​

As they moved through the forest Jackson fired off his last two shots the only indication of this was him saying to Garrus "Dry! Reloading!". However as he reloaded his sniper he looked back a moment to see that they were approaching a school....not only that but these monsters were backing off. "Good shootin' Garrus now lets head to the building" Jackson speaks before turning and heading to the school with the rest of the group. After the group was directed to a classroom Jackson enters choosing to keep his rifle in his hands. He was still on high alert but listened as Mion spoke and other members of the group asked questions.

People asking the about those monsters were getting Jackson's attention as he wanted to know more about them as well. He decided to speak up after Peter though noted that Kofuku was for some reason keeping her distance from the group. "Been wonderin' 'bout them monsters m'self. Hit one center mass with my sniper and all that did was piss it off. Headshots seem to do 'em in but I gotta ask....are there anymore weaknesses?" Jackson decided to ask figuring that any new information on those freaks would be most useful.

@Not a Writer @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @York @Capri @Jeremi @dark @Minerva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Everybody
"Weak-minded fools being controlled by someone," Death remarked to Mion. "As the red one remarked. It's quite clear the target we are seeking is this woman, everything else is irrelevant. Point us in her direction and the situation will be over soon."

@Not a Writer @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @York @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @dark @Minerva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Everybody
SUNNY
@Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @AnyoneElse

Sunny_Neutral_%28No_Background%29.gif

"..."

Sunny weaved his way through the crowd, not even answering any of the questions, trying to find a place where he can coop up for the time being.

It's a safe house, right? Everywhere's gotta be safe.​
It was a lot of questions to take in, but Mion didn't mind. It wasn't like she was unable to answer them completely.

QfzOyKJ.png

❝ I'm not sure what's your beef with her exactly, but yeah... that woman called Cecilia is the reason why Hinamizawa village's been turned into a chaotic mess. She just showed up one day, about a week ago, and some residents of the village offered to let her stay at their house since she appeared to have no home. Next day, those villagers who offered her a place to stay started to act weird, like she's gifted them something that life-changing. I really wish we caught on sooner, but at the time, no one really batted an eye. ❞ Mion recalled the events that led up to the situation they were in right now, ❝ The day after that, it all went downhill. There wasn't any school staff present when a third of our village's class showed up for what we thought was a normal school day. That's when me and a couple of my friends decided to go investigate where our teachers and other classmates were. ❞

She takes a moment to let out a breath, recounting what occurred, ❝ It was like majority of the village was infected in some sick hivemind, saying that Cecilia was their goddess and that we all needed her blessing. All while covered in blood and guts of the other residents. They were saying that they needed to present a child to Cecilia to preserve her youth or something, which gave me and my friends the red flag that we were in danger. My twin sister opted to buy us time to go back to the school and barricade the place ASAP... When we were fleeing the scene, I witnessed one of the villager's heads bursting into that... fleshy monster thing, and killing my sister in one blow... ❞

Glancing out the window, Mion stares at the chalky marks surrounding the school, ❝ We managed to get back here without bringing back any of those... monsters. One of my classmates, in the mean time, left those weird chalk marks circling the entire school building. She mentioned that it was a way to ward off bad spirits or something. I don't know what that's all about, but it's somehow made any lingering monster back off every time. So there's that. ❞

❝ That's basically the whole backstory. Essentially, we're holed up here, because there's no way I'm letting my friends and my classmates get sacrificed to some monster cult that's mostly gathered up at the village's shrine, where I guess Cecilia's made herself comfortable at. I don't know how Cecilia caused this in the first place, since I've never seen her myself in person, but I'm going to take a guess and say she's extremely dangerous. If she was able to turn that many people into monsters, then there's no telling if she can do the same to you guys. Now for those monsters' weaknesses, I don't think anything else other than getting rid of that fleshy thing that comes out of their heads is more effective. ❞
She wraps up the lengthy exposition, hoping she's covered all of those questions.

Off to the side of the classroom, Add had an inkling of interest over Keener's comments. Similar technology to his out there in the multiverse was no surprise in itself, but it was still a point of interest to the scientist. It was something to keep in mind for when this was all over.

❝ Right, I suppose in this particular case, it would've been a bad move for everyone involved if I aimed my Dynamos at you. That Sorcerer didn't say a thing about what would happen if any of us were to die during this whole Construct elimination quest. ❞ He points out as he checked up on his Dynamos' status. During this, he had been listening into Mion's story. Well, it was needlessly long, but he had the important parts down. He only had one question for the schoolgirl.

❝ May we get to meet the girl who managed to ward the monstrous villagers away with those chalk scribbles outside? I find it odd that she was supposedly marking this school up for protection before knowing that the villager was overrun by monsters, let alone knowing a way to protect this entire building in such an absurd way. ❞ Add asks, finding this way too odd to accept as is. Even if this village had some strange stuff in it before the Construct's inclusion, it just didn't make sense that they had a way to conveniently protect this place in such short time.

❝ Unfortunately, not right now, I can't do much about that while she went out yesterday for a supply run. If you run into her later, she's a little shorter than me and has similar green hair like mine... maybe a little lighter. She also wears glasses. Her name's Nia, and she moved into the village a month ago. I didn't really question how she knew a way to ward off those monsters, but I reckon she can explain it for you guys. ❞ Mion sighed, shaking her head. ❝ Did I cover everything or is there still stuff needing some explaining? ❞

Meanwhile, Sunny would notice in the hallway that there was a ladder leading up to presumably the attic.

Alice
@Not a Writer @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Jeremi @dark @Minerva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Everybody

Alice practically burst into the safehouse, beginning to frantically peer around as she assessed the situation, relieved that Rena was able to have her wounds treated. From this point on, she listened carefully to Mion, as she took inventory of the situation with her familiars.

Closing her eyes for a few moments, she carefully sifted through what her familiars saw to get a good read on the situation with the safe house. While it seemed secure, and had enough medical supplies for now, something alarmed her.

"This place, it will have to do for now, but... It doesn't look like the supplies will last much longer, more specifically food." She paused for a moment, considering the circumstances, then nodded to herself.

"There's no doubt about it now. What we are up against is a calamity construct. Those villagers radiate a feeling similar to a Beast of Calamity's familiars. But, this... Cecilia, she must somehow be this constructs host." There was another pause, as she noted the features, and name of someone Mion mentioned.

It was then that she spoke again, having come to somewhat of a conclusion.

"I believe we may be safe to stay here for a little longer, no less than a day without a supply run. But... It's important that I must tell you all, that the one I am here to save, is Nia. As such, I... I can't let anything to happen to her! So... Once we get our bearings, I'm going to go out looking for her!" She added, her tone becoming quite urgent at that.

Though, even she knew she would need a little time to rest and recuperate. Her mana she had stored up would only last for so long after all, especially since she had a feeling it would be necessary to use her full noble phantasm against this world's calamity construct, alongside the others they would face later.

Seven times, all without using up so much mana she would disappear due to her nature as a servant. She had to be very careful with how she made use of her mana as a result, conserving it as much as necessary...​

SUNNY
@Gummi Bunnies

QfzOyKJ.png

View attachment 11016

"…"

Sunny wordlessly climbed the ladder, pulling a knife out just in case he found something.​

QfzOyKJ.png

Interesting that Nia was also here with a different purpose compared to the last game, ran by that annoying Witch. With the information given, and he'd need at least a short amount of time to process it all, Saki pursed his lips a moment in thought before his attention was taken by Aliceviel next.

Alice
@Not a Writer @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Jeremi @dark @Minerva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Everybody

Alice practically burst into the safehouse, beginning to frantically peer around as she assessed the situation, relieved that Rena was able to have her wounds treated. From this point on, she listened carefully to Mion, as she took inventory of the situation with her familiars.

Closing her eyes for a few moments, she carefully sifted through what her familiars saw to get a good read on the situation with the safe house. While it seemed secure, and had enough medical supplies for now, something alarmed her.

"This place, it will have to do for now, but... It doesn't look like the supplies will last much longer, more specifically food." She paused for a moment, considering the circumstances, then nodded to herself.

"There's no doubt about it now. What we are up against is a calamity construct. Those villagers radiate a feeling similar to a Beast of Calamity's familiars. But, this... Cecilia, she must somehow be this constructs host." There was another pause, as she noted the features, and name of someone Mion mentioned.

"I believe we may be safe to stay here for a little longer, no less than a day without a supply run. But... It's important that I must tell you all, that the one I am here to save, is Nia. As such, I... I can't let anything to happen to her! So... Once we get our bearings, I'm going to go out looking for her!" She added, her tone becoming quite urgent at that.

Though, even she knew she would need a little time to rest and recuperate. Her mana she had stored up would only last for so long after all, especially since she had a feeling it would be necessary to use her full noble phantasm against this world's calamity construct, alongside the others they would face later.

Seven times, all without using up so much mana she would disappear due to her nature as a servant. She had to be very careful with how she made use of her mana as a result, conserving it as much as necessary...​

While he wasn't sure about some of the terminology she used, she brought up concern about supplies during their stay. That he could address and get out of the way.

"I don't need to eat, so that's one less mouth to feed in this situation." He replied matter-of-factly, before deciding to reassure her about Nia.

"As for Nia, if it helps us take down the Construct, then you won't have to worry much for her safety." He added.

@Gummi Bunnies @York @Not a Writer @Jeremi @Everyone

Up the ladder to the attic, Sunny would see that it was a perfect spot to hide away from everybody else. Well... besides the fact that there was already a single person huddled up near the attic window with a telescope. The creaking of the floorboards startled the young girl, having her turn around in surprise.

oZ4IdOD.png

❝ Gah! W-warn me if you're ever thinking about going up here, you scared me! ❞ The girl gasps upon realizing it was just one of the newcomers to the safehouse. Settling down from the mild scare, she goes back to her telescope watch, though glancing at Sunny ever now and then. ❝ Be... be careful with that knife, by the way. There's nothing scary in the school at all ❞

It didn't take much to see that she was scoping out the village for anything weird via telescope. It was pretty dark since it was already night time, and the only sources of light were the full moon in the sky and some patrolling villagers with lanterns away from the school. However, the girl stopped once she moved her telescope view towards the shrine.

❝ Oh no... oh no no no no... ❞ she starts to panic before abandoning her lookout position, hurrying herself down the ladder without giving Sunny any context to what she just saw.

Back at the classroom, Mion looked puzzled at the new arrivals discussing amongst themselves.

UJpoQ3q.png

❝ I don't have a clue what you guys are talking about some Constructs, Calamities, or whatever... but if it really is related to this village's problem right now... I don't see a reason to pass the opportunity. There's just that danger of not knowing what that Cecilia has in store for us... that's the only issue. ❞ Mion sighed, finding herself at a loss on how to handle this.

❝ In all honesty, I wager that we should be able to handle this better than before. The brief overview on what we're dealing with is enough for this group of misfits. The odds on surviving the encounter with these monsters and Cecilia are most likely higher than if you and the few capable teenagers of this school safehouse decided to go on your own. ❞ Add didn't feel that threatened over a horde of one-trick monsters like those. Earlier the group was just thrown into a fight with no bearing on the situation, but now with this information, it shouldn't be as impossible as Mion thought it was.

❝ I guess that's true... you bunch were able to protect my friends on your way here, I just have my worries. ❞ She admitted to Add's claim, but before she could continue... the group would hear the frantic sounds of someone rushing over to the classroom.

❝ Guys! Guys! Big big problem! Problem at the shrine! ❞ A young girl shouted out loud as she burst into the room once seeing that Mion was here.

❝ Satoko, what's going on? What's the problem at the shrine? ❞ She sternly asked. At the same time, Keiichi came to the classroom in a rush, most likely hearing Satoko's panic

❝ I was keeping watch on the attic's telescope... a-and I saw a bunch of those villagers taking Rika and Nia to the shrine! ❞ Satoko cried upon breaking the news to the others.

❝ We knew that Nia hasn't been back since yesterday, but I could've sworn that Rika was here all day today. ❞ Keiichi sounded alarmed by the news, and then further expressing that concern once he saw Mion heading to the front door immediately. ❝ Wait, Mion, are we gonna go there now? Like... for real now? ❞

❝ With our friends out there in danger, we can't sit by any longer. I know I've been trying to keep us safe by laying low all this time, but the situation only gets worse as each day passes. Maybe we can end it with the help of these newcomers, so we have to try. ❞ Aside from her cautious nature, the very idea that her friends were in danger was the tipping point in her decision making. Mion made up her mind firmly, checking her pistol's ammo before starting to move the front door's barricading aside.

❝ U-um... Satoko and I can keep watch of the school. ❞ Rena spoke up, having just got up from the infirmary with her injured arm roughly bandaged up.

❝ Alright, then I'll head out with you guys too. Been wanting to give this Cecilia a piece of my mind! ❞ Keiichi decided to come along, acknowledging that this was a now or never situation.

❝ Well, I suppose this is the part that we go and take care of this Calamity Construct and move on. ❞ Add commented to the others as Mion and Keiichi leave through the front door, soon following suit as it was clear that this was their chance to take care of the problem once and for all.

Upon leaving the school safehouse and going through the village in the direction of the shrine, there was a few of those mindless villagers on the way, and it didn't take long for these villagers to become hostile to the group upon seeing them.

Alice

Seven times, all without using up so much mana she would disappear due to her nature as a servant. She had to be very careful with how she made use of her mana as a result, conserving it as much as necessary...

When Mion had mentioned losing her sister Jackson muttered a small prayer feeling bad that this teen had to go through that. In fact he felt sad for all these kids having appeared to have gone through hell all cause of this one girl. Just as he finished he heard Alice speak up mentioning the supply situation and the interesting fact that she had to specifically save Nia...the same Nia who hasn't returned from a supply trip apparently.

"It'd be best if we got our bearings then maybe ran a scoutin' mission or two. If this Nia person is smart then she shoulda used that shitstorm we kicked up ta either get out or hi-" A new development had him stop mid sentence.

Up the ladder to the attic, Sunny would see that it was a perfect spot to hide away from everybody else. Well... besides the fact that there was already a single person huddled up near the attic window with a telescope. The creaking of the floorboards startled the young girl, having her turn around in surprise.

oZ4IdOD.png

❝ Gah! W-warn me if you're ever thinking about going up here, you scared me! ❞ The girl gasps upon realizing it was just one of the newcomers to the safehouse. Settling down from the mild scare, she goes back to her telescope watch, though glancing at Sunny ever now and then. ❝ Be... be careful with that knife, by the way. There's nothing scary in the school at all ❞

It didn't take much to see that she was scoping out the village for anything weird via telescope. It was pretty dark since it was already night time, and the only sources of light were the full moon in the sky and some patrolling villagers with lanterns away from the school. However, the girl stopped once she moved her telescope view towards the shrine.

❝ Oh no... oh no no no no... ❞ she starts to panic before abandoning her lookout position, hurrying herself down the ladder without giving Sunny any context to what she just saw.

Back at the classroom, Mion looked puzzled at the new arrivals discussing amongst themselves.

UJpoQ3q.png

❝ I don't have a clue what you guys are talking about some Constructs, Calamities, or whatever... but if it really is related to this village's problem right now... I don't see a reason to pass the opportunity. There's just that danger of not knowing what that Cecilia has in store for us... that's the only issue. ❞ Mion sighed, finding herself at a loss on how to handle this.

❝ In all honesty, I wager that we should be able to handle this better than before. The brief overview on what we're dealing with is enough for this group of misfits. The odds on surviving the encounter with these monsters and Cecilia are most likely higher than if you and the few capable teenagers of this school safehouse decided to go on your own. ❞ Add didn't feel that threatened over a horde of one-trick monsters like those. Earlier the group was just thrown into a fight with no bearing on the situation, but now with this information, it shouldn't be as impossible as Mion thought it was.

❝ I guess that's true... you bunch were able to protect my friends on your way here, I just have my worries. ❞ She admitted to Add's claim, but before she could continue... the group would hear the frantic sounds of someone rushing over to the classroom.

❝ Guys! Guys! Big big problem! Problem at the shrine! ❞ A young girl shouted out loud as she burst into the room once seeing that Mion was here.

❝ Satoko, what's going on? What's the problem at the shrine? ❞ She sternly asked. At the same time, Keiichi came to the classroom in a rush, most likely hearing Satoko's panic

❝ I was keeping watch on the attic's telescope... a-and I saw a bunch of those villagers taking Rika and Nia to the shrine! ❞ Satoko cried upon breaking the news to the others.

❝ We knew that Nia hasn't been back since yesterday, but I could've sworn that Rika was here all day today. ❞ Keiichi sounded alarmed by the news, and then further expressing that concern once he saw Mion heading to the front door immediately. ❝ Wait, Mion, are we gonna go there now? Like... for real now? ❞

❝ With our friends out there in danger, we can't sit by any longer. I know I've been trying to keep us safe by laying low all this time, but the situation only gets worse as each day passes. Maybe we can end it with the help of these newcomers, so we have to try. ❞ Aside from her cautious nature, the very idea that her friends were in danger was the tipping point in her decision making. Mion made up her mind firmly, checking her pistol's ammo before starting to move the front door's barricading aside.

❝ U-um... Satoko and I can keep watch of the school. ❞ Rena spoke up, having just got up from the infirmary with her injured arm roughly bandaged up.

❝ Alright, then I'll head out with you guys too. Been wanting to give this Cecilia a piece of my mind! ❞ Keiichi decided to come along, acknowledging that this was a now or never situation.

❝ Well, I suppose this is the part that we go and take care of this Calamity Construct and move on. ❞ Add commented to the others as Mion and Keiichi leave through the front door, soon following suit as it was clear that this was their chance to take care of the problem once and for all.

Upon leaving the school safehouse and going through the village in the direction of the shrine, there was a few of those mindless villagers on the way, and it didn't take long for these villagers to become hostile to the group upon seeing them.

Or she could get caught....

The soldier inside screamed at Jackson that this was a bad way to go about this. However the human in Jackson spurred him into going after Mion and Keiichi. Just ahead he spots more of those mindless villagers already appearing to grow hostile and without hesitation aims firing his rifle for a headshot. "We got y'all covered just focus on gettin' to that shrine!" He didn't want to speak for the whole group but figured it was a given having slipped back into his soldier instincts. He was hanging back a bit but given his weapon he kind of had to as he followed them preparing to shoot once again.

oZ4IdOD.png

UJpoQ3q.png

When Mion had mentioned losing her sister Jackson muttered a small prayer feeling bad that this teen had to go through that. In fact he felt sad for all these kids having appeared to have gone through hell all cause of this one girl. Just as he finished he heard Alice speak up mentioning the supply situation and the interesting fact that she had to specifically save Nia...the same Nia who hasn't returned from a supply trip apparently.

"It'd be best if we got our bearings then maybe ran a scoutin' mission or two. If this Nia person is smart then she shoulda used that shitstorm we kicked up ta either get out or hi-" A new development had him stop mid sentence.

The soldier inside screamed at Jackson that this was a bad way to go about this. However the human in Jackson spurred him into going after Mion and Keiichi. Just ahead he spots more of those mindless villagers already appearing to grow hostile and without hesitation aims firing his rifle for a headshot. "We got y'all covered just focus on gettin' to that shrine!" He didn't want to speak for the whole group but figured it was a given having slipped back into his soldier instincts. He was hanging back a bit but given his weapon he kind of had to as he followed them preparing to shoot once again.

Back to the shrine it is then. While his past experience wasn't a pleasant one, this 'game' had major differences outside of some of it's pieces holding different roles. It seemed that the group would end up confronting Cecilia now rather than later, while trying to save Nia and this Rika girl in the process, with Mion and Keiichi being more than eager to join them.

Hopefully, they wouldn't end up completely swarmed before getting near the shrine grounds, but in case they did Saki would try to at least clear a path by creating ice spikes to impale and push back the hostile villagers, as well as taking a few out with some ice spikes to the head in the process if successful. If Sunny happened to follow their group as well, he'd try to stick to the boy's side in the meantime.

@Gummi Bunnies @York @Crimson Spartan @Not a Writer @Jeremi @Lucky @Capri @Minerva @Everyone

This whole situation screamed of a trap, but Death wasn't going to argue against the operation. If there foes were does meat puppets and whatever or whoever this Cecilia was.

As they stumbled upon a new batch of the villagers the Horseman raised his hand at the group. "Hold your ground. I wish to test a theory." He calmly walked towards the villagers as he slowly removed his helmet showing a silver scarab adorned to the back of his head. If Death's powers worked then any villager who would look into his eyes would melt into ash.

There were more important and worthy prey to handle with.

@Gummi Bunnies @Not a Writer @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @York @Capri @Jeremi @dark @Minerva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Everybod

Once they made it to the supposed safe house, Garrus gave Jackson a pat on the back before taking in his new surroundings. While the others conversed and strategized, he was looking for any structural weaknesses or signs of a break-in.

However, once Rika and Nia got caught by the shrine, Garrus shifted his focus. He went with the group towards the shrine, picking off any villagers who came too close. He was relatively confident in their group, but he wary of Death. Not only did he withhold from providing support in the last encounter, but now he was just...staring at the creepy bastards.

"There are lives on the line here! We don't have time to test theories."

He didn't wait for a reaction, instead opting to shoot some of the villagers ahead as he could.

@Gummi Bunnies @Not a Writer @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @York @Capri @Jeremi @Minerva @Lucky @everybody

SUNNY
@Gummi Bunnies

View attachment 11016

"…"

Sunny wordlessly climbed the ladder, pulling a knife out just in case he found something.​
Interesting that Nia was also here with a different purpose compared to the last game, ran by that annoying Witch. With the information given, and he'd need at least a short amount of time to process it all, Saki pursed his lips a moment in thought before his attention was taken by Aliceviel next.

While he wasn't sure about some of the terminology she used, she brought up concern about supplies during their stay. That he could address and get out of the way.

"I don't need to eat, so that's one less mouth to feed in this situation." He replied matter-of-factly, before deciding to reassure her about Nia.

"As for Nia, if it helps us take down the Construct, then you won't have to worry much for her safety." He added.

@Gummi Bunnies @York @Not a Writer @Jeremi @Everyone

oZ4IdOD.png

UJpoQ3q.png

Back to the shrine it is then. While his past experience wasn't a pleasant one, this 'game' had major differences outside of some of it's pieces holding different roles. It seemed that the group would end up confronting Cecilia now rather than later, while trying to save Nia and this Rika girl in the process, with Mion and Keiichi being more than eager to join them.

Hopefully, they wouldn't end up completely swarmed before getting near the shrine grounds, but in case they did Saki would try to at least clear a path by creating ice spikes to impale and push back the hostile villagers, as well as taking a few out with some ice spikes to the head in the process if successful. If Sunny happened to follow their group as well, he'd try to stick to the boy's side in the meantime.

@Gummi Bunnies @York @Crimson Spartan @Not a Writer @Jeremi @Lucky @Capri @Minerva @Everyone
SUNNY
@Gummi Bunnies

View attachment 11020

Sunny watched Satoko leave the attic, not really sure what was happening, he wordlessly peered through the telescope.​
This whole situation screamed of a trap, but Death wasn't going to argue against the operation. If there foes were does meat puppets and whatever or whoever this Cecilia was.

As they stumbled upon a new batch of the villagers the Horseman raised his hand at the group. "Hold your ground. I wish to test a theory." He calmly walked towards the villagers as he slowly removed his helmet showing a silver scarab adorned to the back of his head. If Death's powers worked then any villager who would look into his eyes would melt into ash.

There were more important and worthy prey to handle with.

@Gummi Bunnies @Not a Writer @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @York @Capri @Jeremi @dark @Minerva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @Everybod
Once they made it to the supposed safe house, Garrus gave Jackson a pat on the back before taking in his new surroundings. While the others conversed and strategized, he was looking for any structural weaknesses or signs of a break-in.

However, once Rika and Nia got caught by the shrine, Garrus shifted his focus. He went with the group towards the shrine, picking off any villagers who came too close. He was relatively confident in their group, but he wary of Death. Not only did he withhold from providing support in the last encounter, but now he was just...staring at the creepy bastards.

"There are lives on the line here! We don't have time to test theories."

He didn't wait for a reaction, instead opting to shoot some of the villagers ahead as he could.

@Gummi Bunnies @Not a Writer @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @York @Capri @Jeremi @Minerva @Lucky @everybody
Alice

Alice seemed deep in thought, trying to figure out just how long they could hold out in a shelter like this, and how many supplies her familiars might be able to bring back. But that was all forgotten in a flash when it was discovered that Nia had been brought to the shrine, alongside someone named Rika too.

She agreed with the others, doubly so considering her main objective here, well aside from the calamity construct.

"I'll... Leave some familiars here. That way I can help protect this place if something goes wrong." She said, swiftly manifesting 6 bird-like familiars.

They were twice the size as normal, but seemed compact enough to act independently. It looked like she wouldn't have much time to replenish her mana, so she would have to make do with what she had.

If that calamity construct was anything like a beast of calamity, she would need as much mana as she could muster at once.

Soon she too headed out, and began to manifest swarms of smaller blades and familiars, forming a defensive line. Her familiars shot beams of mana as the blades began to clear the way.

Once they found that Calamity construct, or at least Nia and Rika, she was prepared to pull out all the stops...​

Although clear with hostile intent, the villagers that were around to attack the group weren't all that bad compared to the first time. There were relatively not that many to begin with. Only a couple of them. For those that didn't have their heads transform immediately, a few villagers who locked eyes with Death ceased to be without much struggle. A sign that his powers were still intact.

The rest were either shot by Jackson and Garrus, or impaled by the ice created by Saki.

❝ It's clear from here on out, let's keep going but with our guard up! ❞ Mion saw that there was no signs of more active villagers to the staircase leading up to the Furude shrine grounds. With Mion and Keiichi opting to show the way, Add had his Dynamo drones spread out around the group to further scope out for any possible ambushes. Nothing seemed to be picked up just yet.

As they went up the stone stairs, a noticeable amount of villager corpses were scattered on the ground, all of them missing their heads. The dead body count continued to rise as they got closer and closer to the shrine.

❝ ... there's no way those kids that got captured made this mess... something's not right here. ❞ Add pondered this out loud as the shrine finally came into view upon them reaching the top of the stairs. Almost like the setting had suddenly transformed, the moon above them had turned blood red, illuminating the surrounding area in a foreboding shade of crimson.

JfEQ2mi.png

The shrine building was just up ahead, and it didn't seem to be heavily guarded at all despite the obvious signs of activity within. That brief window of opportunity wouldn't last forever, however.

One of Add's Dynamos would be abruptly flung at the group, landing to the ground with slash marks and sparks flying out of it. Obviously, something did a number to Add's drone. Spotting a shining glint from the bushes, Keiichi realizes that Mion was in range for whatever was lurking in the forest's bushes nearby.

❝ MION! WATCH OUT!! ❞ Keiichi yells, getting her attention to the incoming danger. It was happening all too fast, that something was moving way too fast for her to readily act. Without a second to think it over, Keiichi pushes Mion out of the way, getting deeply slashed through his back.

Mion stares in absolute horror once she helplessly watches Keiichi collapse to the ground unconscious, and witnessing the culprit quite literally crawling out of the bushes. A large pulsating mass of flesh dragged its way towards the group with its numerous scythe-like tendrils.

❝ You've got to be kidding me... ❞ Add cursed upon seeing the creature reveal itself, already annoyed that one of his drones was destroyed. Still, he prepared his Dynamos for an attack that would need time to charge. Glancing over, he took note that Mion was trying to move the unconscious Keiichi out of the way. With his hands full here, Add could only hope that the others in the group can prove themselves useful right about now.

@Not a Writer @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @York @Jeremi @dark @Minerva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0

Looking through the telescope, Sunny would see the brief glimpse of the villagers dragging two girls into the shrine building. It doesn't take long for him to see the rest of the group along with Mion and Keiichi head off in the direction of the shrine, most definitely heading into a rescue mission. Soon, he would see a large fleshy monster appear near the group at the shrine's entrance. Before he could look through the telescope, the sound of someone climbing up the ladder to the attic could be heard.

sOdOjgz.png

❝ You're still here? So much for making this a clean investigation... ❞ Satoko sounded more annoyed than confused that Sunny was still here at the school safehouse. Walking up to the telescope, she didn't request to see through it, simply watching from afar with her own eyes.

❝ Sheesh... that's a problem alright. But if you're here... ❞ Satoko comments on the situation, somehow having a rough idea on what was happening out there. Before she could finish her statement, the feeling of something grabbing their ankles suddenly took place. Satoko glances down immediately to see shadowy hands stemming from the wooden floorboards tightly grabbing her ankle and Sunny's.

❝ C-crap! She's already here! ❞ She loses her cool, eyeing Sunny and waiting to see if he had any bright ideas on how to deal with this.

@Capri

Although clear with hostile intent, the villagers that were around to attack the group weren't all that bad compared to the first time. There were relatively not that many to begin with. Only a couple of them. For those that didn't have their heads transform immediately, a few villagers who locked eyes with Death ceased to be without much struggle. A sign that his powers were still intact.

The rest were either shot by Jackson and Garrus, or impaled by the ice created by Saki.

❝ It's clear from here on out, let's keep going but with our guard up! ❞ Mion saw that there was no signs of more active villagers to the staircase leading up to the Furude shrine grounds. With Mion and Keiichi opting to show the way, Add had his Dynamo drones spread out around the group to further scope out for any possible ambushes. Nothing seemed to be picked up just yet.

As they went up the stone stairs, a noticeable amount of villager corpses were scattered on the ground, all of them missing their heads. The dead body count continued to rise as they got closer and closer to the shrine.

❝ ... there's no way those kids that got captured made this mess... something's not right here. ❞ Add pondered this out loud as the shrine finally came into view upon them reaching the top of the stairs. Almost like the setting had suddenly transformed, the moon above them had turned blood red, illuminating the surrounding area in a foreboding shade of crimson.

JfEQ2mi.png

The shrine building was just up ahead, and it didn't seem to be heavily guarded at all despite the obvious signs of activity within. That brief window of opportunity wouldn't last forever, however.

One of Add's Dynamos would be abruptly flung at the group, landing to the ground with slash marks and sparks flying out of it. Obviously, something did a number to Add's drone. Spotting a shining glint from the bushes, Keiichi realizes that Mion was in range for whatever was lurking in the forest's bushes nearby.

❝ MION! WATCH OUT!! ❞ Keiichi yells, getting her attention to the incoming danger. It was happening all too fast, that something was moving way too fast for her to readily act. Without a second to think it over, Keiichi pushes Mion out of the way, getting deeply slashed through his back.

Mion stares in absolute horror once she helplessly watches Keiichi collapse to the ground unconscious, and witnessing the culprit quite literally crawling out of the bushes. A large pulsating mass of flesh dragged its way towards the group with its numerous scythe-like tendrils.

❝ You've got to be kidding me... ❞ Add cursed upon seeing the creature reveal itself, already annoyed that one of his drones was destroyed. Still, he prepared his Dynamos for an attack that would need time to charge. Glancing over, he took note that Mion was trying to move the unconscious Keiichi out of the way. With his hands full here, Add could only hope that the others in the group can prove themselves useful right about now.

@Not a Writer @Takumi @Crimson Spartan @York @Jeremi @dark @Minerva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0

Looking through the telescope, Sunny would see the brief glimpse of the villagers dragging two girls into the shrine building. It doesn't take long for him to see the rest of the group along with Mion and Keiichi head off in the direction of the shrine, most definitely heading into a rescue mission. Soon, he would see a large fleshy monster appear near the group at the shrine's entrance. Before he could look through the telescope, the sound of someone climbing up the ladder to the attic could be heard.

sOdOjgz.png

❝ You're still here? So much for making this a clean investigation... ❞ Satoko sounded more annoyed than confused that Sunny was still here at the school safehouse. Walking up to the telescope, she didn't request to see through it, simply watching from afar with her own eyes.

❝ Sheesh... that's a problem alright. But if you're here... ❞ Satoko comments on the situation, somehow having a rough idea on what was happening out there. Before she could finish her statement, the feeling of something grabbing their ankles suddenly took place. Satoko glances down immediately to see shadowy hands stemming from the wooden floorboards tightly grabbing her ankle and Sunny's.

❝ C-crap! She's already here! ❞ She loses her cool, eyeing Sunny and waiting to see if he had any bright ideas on how to deal with this.

@Capri

Sunny_Afraid_%28No_Background%29.gif

"Ghah...!"

Sunny gasped out in fear. Quickly grabbing his knife he tried to slash at the monstrous shadowy hands. If it worked and he broke free he would attempt to do it again on the monstrous hand grabbing Satoko's ankle.​

JfEQ2mi.png

sOdOjgz.png

@Capri

With a sudden flare of magical energy from Saki, he'd attempt to slow the disgusting mass of flesh down by impaling it with ice. From there, if successful, he'd make his way over to where Mion was trying to move Keiichi and try to heal him, which if successful would have crystallized ice form over his wounds and once the healing process finished would break and fall away.

Hopefully, he could focus on healing the boy long enough that at least the worst of it would be healed.

@Gummi Bunnies @ShadowCoyote0 @Crimson Spartan @Jeremi @York @Everyone

JfEQ2mi.png

sOdOjgz.png

@Capri

Whatever Death was doing apparently worked though Jackson understood where Garrus was coming from. Still deciding not to comment he focused on pushing forwards with the others. He chose to hang back to wards the back now given the nature of his scoped weapon it made sense as they approached the shrine. This didn't seem heavily guarded which set off red flags in Jackson's mind as he started scanning the nearby bushes.

However he was not prepared for what came next as something suddenly lashed out at Mion only for Keiichi to take it instead. Jackson's eyes widen as he saw what amounted to a large mass of flesh came out of the bushes the realization of how unprepared he was for this shit. Jackson was stunned but thankfully the soldier training kicked him sending the soldier into autopilot as he raised his rifle the number for fighters around him overriding his current fear.

With a sudden flare of magical energy from Saki, he'd attempt to slow the disgusting mass of flesh down by impaling it with ice. From there, if successful, he'd make his way over to where Mion was trying to move Keiichi and try to heal him, which if successful would have crystallized ice form over his wounds and once the healing process finished would break and fall away.

Hopefully, he could focus on healing the boy long enough that at least the worst of it would be healed.

@Gummi Bunnies @ShadowCoyote0 @Crimson Spartan @Jeremi @York @Everyone

4800174e0e03c4b636929a4f62fd350c.png

"Civi down! Garrus! Sev! Covering fire!" Jackson calls out to the only two people he even remotely knows as he fires a shot at this mass of flesh hoping to draw it's attention so it hopefully won't go after Saki. An order given entirely out of desperation as his mind tried to formulate a strategy.

@Not a Writer @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @York @Jeremi @dark @Minerva @Lucky @ShadowCoyote0 @WTFIsThis!

Back