Side Story World Revolving Never More // Sign Ups

Gummi Bunnies

identity unknown...
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM
» World Revolving Never More «
GM( @Gummi Bunnies ) // Co-GM( @York )

Ah… were you actually paying attention when I spoke of my deal to you? … You should already know, but if I have to really sum it up to you… Ahem, I am simply deceiving the laws that be, whether it be the constraints of time, space, natural order, or even life itself. Deceiving all that for you to live a special kind of life, a life that’s one of a kind, a life that never gets boring and keeps you on your toes. I figured that it should be fun to start it off on a village’s festival day as well. Oh, and don’t worry, you’ll enjoy the experience, maybe revel in some surprises, or possibly wonder if it can last forever.

It turns out that we can have a brief meet-and-greet before we are to never meet again. So… mind telling me about yourself?

... who am I?

» Premise

This roleplay will be a story-driven narrative through the remote village of Hinamizawa on the day that the annual Watanagashi Festival is held at the Furude Shrine grounds. Every action will matter to some extent, much like a visual novel or choose-your-own-adventure type of game. With that in mind, the pacing will generally be short, but some events may cause a sudden domino effect. This description is fairly short and blunt since I rather not spoil the grand scheme of things, that's for you to find out. Simply take your time treading through the story as you become a part of it, and tread carefully, as everything is not what it seems. cough cough
Have I been through this... before?

» Rules

1. As we are on STC, all the site’s rules are in effect in this roleplay.
2. No godmodding. No meta-gaming. The final decision will be made by the GM and the co-GM, when regarding any case that may come up.
3. In order to avoid possible clutter in the thread, refrain from OOC comments in the IC thread and stick to at most 3 pictures/gifs per post. For OOC comments, there is this sign up thread and the group Discord. Feel free to PM me if you’d like an invite to the Discord server!
4. The following character limitations are: no duos and the character must be humanoid in appearance at least. Any powers and various outlandish weaponry/gear will be unavailable for most of the roleplay.
What does all mean?

» Character Sheet

Appearance: ( A brief description of your character. A picture is fine by itself. )
Name: ( self-explanatory )
Canon: ( the form of media that your character comes from. if your character is original, list them here as "OC" )
Powers/Equipment: ( any special traits, supernatural powers, any kind of gear, etc. )
Short Bio: ( a summary of this character's history. A wiki link is fine too. )
Other: ( Miscellaneous information that doesn't fit in the prior categories )
Have we... ever met?

» Cast List

@Crimson Spartan as Akira Kijima (Spirit Hunter NG)
@Lucky as Allen Chambers (OC)
@mintyy as Ansel (Arknights)
@Jeremi as Barret Wallace (Final Fantasy 7 Remake)
@Minerva as Daniil Dankovsky (Pathologic/Pathologic 2)
@ShadowCoyote0 as Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd (Fire Emblem Three Houses)
@Capri as Kamal Bora (Smile For Me)
@Yun Lee as Lewis Finch (What Remains of Edith Finch)
@Alex Azure as Mayuri Shiina (Steins;Gate)
@Sark as Rigen Kale (DC Comics)
@Takumi as Saki Haijima (When a Magician's Pupil Smiles)
@York as Yulia (Everlasting Summer)
[S I G N A L L O S T]

Last edited:
APPEARANCE
latest

NAME
Parsley Botch
CANON
Smile for Me
POWERS/EQUIPMENT
He’s a normal man with no powers.
SHORT BIO
He was born to Jimothan Botch, who he has a sour relationship with. Jimothan is a man who likes sports and women, while Parsley doesn’t like sports and is gay (he’s in denial, though). He went to law school and became a lawyer, much to his father’s reluctant approval.
OTHER
N/A​

Appearance:
b8fe0b9f2027863c365e7cd47abaef42def4f32b.jpg

Name: Saki Haijima
Canon: When a Magician's Pupil Smiles

Powers/Equipment:
Saki can create physical magical barriers in quick succession (faster than the normal 30 minutes it takes most magicians to do so) and can survive being stabbed through the heart, to the surprise of the Magician Leo Koenig who believed he had died. He has high amounts of magical energy (that's shown as an almost water like substance that's part of their life force) that can also heal wounds, however not all of his abilities seems to have been shown in canon. Due to his high amount of magical energy, he has contracts with many Spirits, and keeps a mental barrier up in his apartment to hide said spirits from the eyes of normal people.

Once a Magician forms a contract, they don't need to eat, their spirit doing it for them. If a Spirit is poisoned, it affects the Master and imobilizes them temporarily. If the Master is killed, the Spirit has about an hour left to live. A Spirit is affected by their Master's emotions and mental state due to being linked closely with each other, and in a sense, act accordingly to whatever mental state or emotion their Master is in. Though they've been seen to mostly act like children in most cases. An example of this would be Saki's main contracted familiar Levi (pictured above).

Levi is Saki's main contracted familiar. The spirit eats so much and is always hungry that Saki has to live in a "rundown" apartment. Levi can fly and change sizes to be larger than Saki himself, and is usually used as transportation and on one occasion, injured Ouka to keep him from attacking someone, and another time also carried both Ouka and Shou in it's mouth. It tried to eat Shou on their first meeting, and Saki almost let it until convinced not to, much to Levi's disappointment. Saki and Levi seem to understand each other well.

Short Bio:
The strongest Magician of his world, Saki doesn't care about being the Controller. Once when he was younger, he only held back half of his power so he wouldn't have so much expected of him.

Four months before the series takes place, he meets Ouka Namae right after the boy had killed his father and frantically wrote a message to his "other self" in a notebook. Saki had to stop Ouka from going on a killing spree, and had taken him as his apprentice to pass onto him the strongest magic. However, he plans to keep Ouka "half alive" to protect the world, and has made an enemy out of his ex-friend Leo Koenig, the current Controller and second strongest Magician.

Other: I'm taking some liberties with him based on what was revealed in canon. He won't have Levi with him, and he won't have his powers and such with him. Due to the fact that he doesn't need to eat, he seems to eat at least once, possibly to keep up appearances.

Last edited:
Appearance:

Bachelortrade.png

Name: Daniil Dankovsky, Bachelor of Thanatology
Canon: Pathologic/Pathologic 2
Powers/Equipment: Supreme intellect in the science of death. A set of medical and scientific equipment, including a microscope.
Short Bio: The Bachelor
Other:

Replacement for Parsley Botch

APPEARANCE
View attachment 6333
NAME

Kamal Bora
CANON
Smile For Me
ABILITIES/POWERS
An average, everyday man
SHORT BIO
A dental assistant, he worked with Dr. Boris Habit in setting up The Habitat, a place where sad people can stay in order to be happy. One day, it rained and caused Martha (this giant mouth in the courtyard that produces laughing gas) to rust. Dr. Habit stole all of the resident’s assigned toothbrushes to clean it, however, Kamal never got his back, causing his teeth to become dirty. Dr. Habit made fun of Kamal’s teeth to the point of Kamal quitting his job and booking a residence at the Habitat.
NOTES
Taken before Flower Kid came to the Habitat in canon​

Appearance:
ff7r_barret_wallace.png

Name: Barret Wallace

Canon: Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Powers/Equipment: Has a gatling gun for an arm.

Short Bio: The loud, boisterous leader of an extremist cell of Avalanche, an anti-Shinra resistance. He believes that shutting down Shinra's mako reactors is the only way to stop them from destroying the planet. He lost his right hand sometime prior to the beginning of the game and had it replaced with a Gatling gun, which he wields in combat.

Other: Taken from the end of Part 1.

Last edited:
Some important NPC info being dropped here, still thinking about waiting until June to put together the snazzy finishing touches for the in-character thread.

MsT9tlc.png

~Name~
Nia Nihil

~Age~

~Canon~
Original Character

~Powers/Equipment~
Nothing really.

~Short Bio~
The air-headed tour guide intern for the Hinamizawa village. She has trouble keeping track of important details and causing mistakes to occur, and ended up in this internship spot due to her inability to handle any other available internship opportunities. Her first day on the part-time job is to guide the latest tour group through the village.

~Other~
Nia has a track record for pulling pranks on unsuspecting individuals.

---*-

oMGBdD3.png

~Name~
Cecilia Crowley

~Age~

~Canon~
Original Character

~Powers/Equipment~
No special powers. She has a list of people attending the Hinamizawa tour.

~Short Bio~
The tour guide manager for the Hinamizawa village. Taking Nia under her wing, Cecilia prepares the tour in time for the Watanagashi Festival, even with the uncertainties and anxieties over the littlest thing going wrong.

~Other~
Nothing else to state here.
... this... is a lie. Right? ... why... is this... hard to understand?

Appearance:

Name:

Akira Kijima

Canon:

Spirit Hunter NG

Powers/Equipment:

Only notable equipment that he doesn't find around would be his phone..

As for powers well... Kijima has the power of bloodmetry which upon touching a bloodstain and focusing he can see visions relating to the person whose blood he touched... This usually falls around right before they die if they are dead. He also seems to posses above average strength and heightened senses which has served him well in the UG match.

Short Bio:

https://death-mark.fandom.com/wiki/Akira_Kijima

Other: ( Miscellaneous information that doesn't fit in the prior categories )

Class
Fighter LV72​
Subclass
High School Student LV5
Hobbies
Martial arts in general
Dislikes
Sweet things

Went undefeated in the UG match and recently retired...

Appearance: View attachment 6645
Name: Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd
Canon: Fire Emblem
Powers/Equipment: Does psychotic depression count as a power? No? Well, he does have bear a crest that occasionally increases attack power, so...random strength boost is maybe a power?
Short Bio: Dimitri is the Prince of The Holy Kingdom of Faerghus. Suffering an awful tragedy at a young age, he is haunted by survivor's guilt and a strong desire for revenge. After discovering someone close to him is responsible for the tragedy he endured, Dimitri finally snapped and lost himself. With the help of his allies, he had started to reform back to his old self.
Other: Take this Dimitri as somewhere between his absolute worst post time-skip and his reformation during the latter half of Blue Lions. He is still rather cold, but some of his softness and kindness is starting to emerge again.

Last edited:
Appearance:
View attachment 7023
Name:
Rigen Kale
Canon:
DC Comics
Powers/Equipment:
Following the death of his love, Jerza, shrapnel from two shattered Qwardian Power ring was embedded within his arms. These shards allow Rigen to create large, hard light claws, project a thin barrier around his body and fly. He also has the ability to 'sense' the location of other beings capable of instilling great fear. The more he is feared, the larger and more powerful his claws become. His also capable of creating an energy 'clone' of Jerza.
Short Bio:
Rigen grew up on a planet renowned for its savagery, and was later enlisted into the Sinestro Corps for being a save among savages. Despite his violent nature, Rigen found love in the form of another member of the corps, Jerza. After a short spell as companions, Jerza's was lost to him. She fell into a wormhole. The following explosion destroyed her body and scarred Rigen's face. Deformed and filled with hate, Rigen used the shards of the pair's rings now embedded into his body to hunt down anyone who might try and 'replace' Jerza within the Corps. Years later, he became a member of Sinestro's 'Secret Police', becoming something of an Alpha-Yellow-Lantern.

Other:
N/A​

Switching out Zoey

Appearance: View attachment 7024
(Faceclaim: Zachary Gordon)
Allen stands at 5'9 being the shortest of the chambers brothers. He also is the one who looks like their mother, having her brown hair and brown eyes and being very close to appearance to his late twin sister, Lily Chambers. He is typically seen wearing a white t-shirt, a blue sports jacket and jeans. He also is only semi- well built and scrawny.
Name: Allen Chambers
Canon: OC
Powers/Equipment: Power disruption- Zach can cause anyone within twenty feet of him have problem using their problems.
Electricity Manipulation- The ability to manipulate electrcity
Short Bio: There isn't much to tell about Allen. He comes for a world where any damage that powered individuals cause, they must be. Being the son of a very anti superhero judge, Allen keeps to himself and just wishes an escape where he can be himself.
Other: He can remember two distinct timelines from his world and he takes meds to keep himself stable, as he has trouble telling fiction from reality. He's bi.

Appearance:
latest

Name:
Mayuri Shiina
aka Mayushii

Canon:
Steins;Gate

Powers/Equipment:
None. She doesn't have any special powers and isn't the smartest, but is good at sewing costumes and can be very perceptive. Is being adorable a superpower?

Short Bio:
Wiki Link

Other:
Mayuri is taken from the game's true ending.​

Appearance:
View attachment 7170

Name: Ansel

Canon: Arknights

Powers/Equipment: A medical prodigy. Very well-equipped with medicinal knowledge, and always level-headed no matter the circumstance.

[Short Bio]

Other: -

Appearance:
KQGlqDp.png

"I look the same only here, right? There, I'll just be regular me."

Name:
Yulia

Canon:
Everlasting Summer

Powers/Equipment:

Aside from cat ears, fangs, and a tail, rather standard of a catgirl, Yulia is relatively mundane outside of the world she 'resides' in. Initially after all, she was a physical manifestation of an equally mundane man's subconsciousness, governing a world that resembled a Pioneer camp from the mid 1980s. Whether that world is real, or just a figment of her 'creator's' imagination is largely left up to interpretation.

Nonetheless, the fact remains that this camp has been interacted with by outside forces a few times before. And since then, Yulia herself had gained somewhat of a physical form, just not much in the way of supernatural abilities.

Aside from some strange knowledge from pop culture, and general information one wouldn't expect someone to have in the mid 1980s

Short Bio:
Like mentioned before, Yulia began as a physical manifestation of a man's subconsciousness named "Semyon", who became one of the six 'singularities', which gave birth to a plethora of parallel worlds, each one modeled loosely after the mid-1980s Soviet Union. While she was initially supposed to be the unknowing key to breaking the timeloop Semyon would find himself in, outside intervention resulted in her taking the role of a guardian of sorts, protecting the world which she considered her 'home'.

Ever since the results of that outside intervention, and some resulting aftermath, Yulia has manifested in a more concrete, physical form, though appearing much like she did in that strange Pioneer camp; a seemingly ordinary girl, save for her cat features and some eccentric personality traits, in addition to a bit of knowledge that she seems not to entirely understand how she acquired.

Nonetheless, she occasionally finds herself caught up in interdimentional phenomenon, in addition to her personal involvement in certain events on occasion.

Other:
Yulia is a strange case indeed due to the circumstances in which she exists within the Everlasting Summer game. However, she is relatively harmless in a dimension other than her own, as she has no special power over other worlds. On the other hand, I may be a little rusty with playing her, so it could take me a little time to get used to doing so.​

It begins. Prologue phase ready to go.

[ D O Y O U W I S H T O C H A N G E Y O U R M I N D ? ]

Back