Open Xolmeani of the Kreoi Solar System

As Yavin explained that it was a lot o take in Daniel nodded and took in a deep breath, the concept had always been a difficult one to take in by most people - even those that found themselves randomly dropped inside. Agape was an exception, who took to it rather well and quickly. Many others had to get professional help before they were comfortable moving forward and accepting their new lifestyles. "I'll make sure she gets all the information we can give then." He affirmed, before glancing to the photo that Yavin displayed towards him. It was the photo of the two beside each other, and it had caught him glancing towards Agape affectionately. He nodded to affirm his assumption, a warm smile gracing his features.

"Resting for the night would be appreciated, and learning a bit more about your own culture here. There's no rush in inviting them over, and I can request that they keep their weapons stowed away. Unfortunately there's a lot more advancement in that regard at the Nexus, this.." He ran a hand along the sheath, his fingers stopping at his family's crest. "Is more ceremonial than anything, but we can do without it. The crest here is for the Vitae family, but I'm sure that's not too important at the moment." He finished before he pondered any questions that he would like answered.

"Agape gave me a bit of information and answered many of my questions about the culture and what to expect moving forward, but she didn't talk too much about herself. What could you tell me about her when she was younger?" Daniel asked politely, glancing towards the way they exited to assure they had a bit of time.

Yavin smiled speaking while Daniel pondered any questions he might have, "You and Agape are in luck. Surely Agape hasn't realized yet, but it is the time for festivals. We will be celebrating the gift of life that our goddess has graced us with...Your family is welcome to come, the festival won't be held until after the day passes tomorrow." Yavin's handwaved as if dismissing the day ahead of them. "And your crest must be important, you wear it proudly therefore it is of importance. We have no such things here but do not worry about your weapon. I will allow you to wear it, so long as I don't have to worry about its use." He gave another smiling trying to reassure Daniel. He trusted everyone with cautiousness, unlike Agape he was a bit wary of strangers. But, if Agape had trusted Daniel, and this man had in fact cared for her then he would put his faith in him as well.

Yavin couldn't help but laugh at his question, "I must say I am a bit surprised. I was not expecting Agape to inform you about our cultures rather than herself. I'd be happy to let you know." Yavin glanced at the same door and smiled, "Don't worry, cooking takes a bit of time. I'm sure Ceani is catching up with our daughter too much to focus on only cooking." Yavin stood and walked over to the wall where a shelf sat with various paintings, he picked up a smaller one before walking over to Daniel and holding it out. It was a painting of a younger Agape, her hair was longer and her green eyes were still their usual brightness.

"Agape was a weak child, always sick, constantly bumping into things. She was- well is very small for our kind. As you've noticed we are shorter than your kind, but Agape is much shorter than the rest. Her health was not always the best, as time passed she became stronger." Yavin sat beside Daniel looking at the picture of his daughter lovingly. "She has always been curious, she gets it from her mother. But her curiosity is what makes her smart. As well as in trouble. She has an amazing memory, and a knack for taking in information, especially for someone with no powers of her own." He pulled his gaze from the painting to stare off into the area before them. "She spent many days with Ceani's father. He filled her head with stories of our planet's past, and of fables that told of other worlds- well now they are truths rather than fables." Yavin chuckled and thought for a moment. "Her grandfather was very adamant about her learning to become heir to his throne. She preferred to run wild in the forests and chase the animals like..well like she was one. We have sheltered her quite a bit...And she chose to leave." He sighed and frowned a bit, "In our culture, one is to be arranged for a mate at 16 Mea Cycles. But, Agape is headstrong. Rather than getting mated she declared she would travel instead. We supported her of course, wishing her safe travels much to her grandfather's displeasure. We had feared she might not have ever come home." He stopped speaking to run a hand over his face.

Festivals? That was something he hadn't learned about regarding her culture, but it made sense that any race would have some traditional celebration that could be kept. As he explained what they were celebrating he nodded along, tying the goddess he mentioned to the name that he had heard Agape repeat every now and again. Having his family receive an invitation was unique and it made him smile as he took a mental note to extend the invitation when he had some free time. "I'll see if either of them can arrive by then, is there any tradition as to gifts to bring?" He asked calmly, thinking over what could be provided on short notice. His permission to bear his blade as a symbol was appreciated, earning a nod in his direction as he addressed the reasoning behind it.

His laughter widened his own smile before Yavin continued, explaining how he found it surprising as to what they covered. Thankfully he kept going on and remarked about the time that they had to speak before moving over to a shelf adorned with paintings, Daniel's eyes following as he lifted and showed off a rendition of a younger Agape. The long hair was a new sight, but the eyes were hard to mistake since he was familiar with that form of hers. He was happy to see that the paintings were keeping a healthy record, and he found that the photos were a good gift for them to keep with how readily available they had the painting of their daughter and how prominently it was displayed in their home.

"You can't miss her eyes there." He remarked as he went on, explaining the troubled upbringing that she had with her health. The story hit hard for Daniel, as it reminded him of his own; his illness brought on by exposure, but having to fight through it and what it eventually led to. Hearing Agape's story helped him realize where her innate curiosity came from, and how her student mentality helped her develop and pick things up quickly. Her perspective and her relationship with her grandfather fit his current understanding of her behavior, but he rose a brow when he remarked that she didn't have any powers. Was he referring to something similar like Ceani's, who could share information? Agape had explained that sharing emotions was common throughout her culture, so maybe there was something more that made her people unique? He figured that he'd have to ask at a better time, as Yavin explained her choice to leave and their fear of not seeing her return. "She's here now, and my family and I will do what we can to make sure you'll have plenty of opportunities to spend more time with your daughter." He remarked kindly, growing quiet to allow him time to collect himself.

Yavin took a moment to collect himself before smiling at Daniel, "I appreciate your sincerity." Taking a breath he sat back leaning against the softer fabric. "Your presence is well enough, It is the festival of life. We celebrate the lives that have come, passed, and are still here. The energy from the plants and animals that surround us." Yavin spread his hands to gesture to their surroundings. As he spoke Lycia, the smaller green-haired child, ran from the opening and over to the couch. She climbed up and sat between Daniel and her father. Her pink eyes turned to Daniel and stared at him intently before she held out her arms.

"It seems Lycia is fascinated by your unique looks." Yavin chuckled and leaned on his hand. "Are there any other questions you hope to ask?" He watched his younger daughter hold her arms out eagerly, Yavin took that as confirmation that Daniel was a good person. Children knew bad aura when they encountered it.

A festival of life, he had heard of similar celebrations within the Nexus and that would make things a lot simpler for his family to engage in. Still, bringing out such a large surprise during a festival may prove detrimental if not handled the right way. Handled correctly however, they may have a better opportunity to engage with the public as part of their celebration if the announcement involved new life.. Daniel pondered it for a moment as the youth sprung up on them, sitting between the two as her pink eyes found Daniel's.

He looked her over curiously, offering a kind smile as she reached out with her arms; Daniel laughed before placing his hands beneath her harms so that he could lift her up easily, setting her down over his shoulders, careful not to unbalance her as he kept moved his hands down to her own, getting a slight grip just to ensure she wouldn't fall backwards. "She's more than welcome to take a look, but as for questions I think I'm all set. I also enjoy learning things as they're presented, and I think staying around and attending the festival would provide a more engaging learning experience." He remarked, his tone softened now that the youth was with them.

Lycia smiled deciding that while she was up high she would play with his hair. She slipped one small hand from him to play with strands of his hair. Yavin gave another smile, "Then I am sure you will adapt well here-"
"Atia, Daniel. Ama said dinner is ready."
Yavin's sentence fell short as Agape spoke her head peeking from behind the opening with a bright smile. She had changed into her other form her pink hair and now green eyes seeming to nearly glow. Yavin chuckled glancing at Daniel, "I hope you eat meat." He got up holding his arms out to the small girl on Daniel's shoulders. Lycia waited for Daniel to let her other hand go before reaching out to her father who happily scooped her up.
Agape moved from behind the opening to walk until she was next to Daniel. She reached for his hand, "My Ama is a very good cook, though Xolmeani food is nothing like Daniel's." Agape chuckled slightly and would lead him to the other room. Once entering through the opening a dining room could be seen, a table made from the same material as his cup, it was low to the ground so one could sit and eat rather than be in a chair. Opposite the table was a smaller area with many pots and a stove like item, that seemed more like wood with fire.

Daniel felt the little one play with his hair and he laughed a bit under his breath, his eyes shifting to Yavin as he eyed the child and spoke up but was interrupted by Agape as she returned from cooking. He offered her a kind smile as he heard that dinner was ready, seeing her own bright smile build up along with the form that he was most familiar with. From behind he heard Yavin's joke about eating meat and at the mere mention of the word his stomach growled. "It's quickly become one of my favorite meals." He responded, holding back a chuckle as his body let him know that it had been hungry for a while now staving off the cold. Thankfully there seemed to be plenty to eat, and if he needed more it wouldn't be too difficult to get supplies in or get back to the ship for an emergency.

Letting the little one's hand go he allowed Yavin to lift her from his own shoulders before standing up, one hand holding the blade to his side while the other quickly found Agape's. "I'm sure it'll be delicious, I'm excited to give it a try all the same." He remarked, giving her hand a squeeze as she led him on to the other room. Daniel wasn't too surprised to see similar architecture, the table made from the same material he saw around the town - they were resourceful with their natural elements, which in turn would help development for their towns. With the table being so low he figured that sitting down would be the best option, but as no one had chosen to sit just yet he stood beside Agape waiting for instructions. He didn't want to be rude and be the first to sit if it was a group thing to commence, or anything similar.

Agape smiled at his remark, she was sure he would love the food that was made, even though they had eaten this morning their events after breakfast had worked up an appetite. Agape looked up at Daniel, "Ama will bring the food first, and then we will sit to eat. This way no one will be in her way, she gets very angry about it." She whispered to Daniel and watched at her mother's head of bright red hair popped up from behind the counter. As she walked from behind the counter her hands held a large dish, it looked like a fish of sorts though much bigger than a normal fish, it was grilled and its head was neatly cut off. Yavin sat the children in front of the table and followed his wife back t the kitchen to carry the other trays. This went on for a while until the table was filled with different strange types of meat, oddly colored fruits, and bread.

When they brought the last tray they sat and Agape tugged on Daniel's hand to sit as well. When they sat she folded her legs under her as she lowered herself to the ground placing her hands in her lap. Yavin smiled at the pair and looked to the small twins. "Let's eat then." Yavin and Ceani grabbed various foods placing it in front of the twins. Agape looked at Daniel, "We do not usually use plates...But I can make Daniel one if he wishes." She thought about it for a moment watching her mom and da grab the meant and eat happily.

Daniel was happy to hear that they had a tradition for seating the table and that he had managed not to disturb he, nodding along as Agape explained the table etiquette. "I can wait, no need to upset my new mother-in-law." He said kindly while squeezing her hand. His eyes followed Ceani as she left the main left their kitchen, where in a course of trips she brought out large dishes of meat, fruits and bread to accompany it. His stomach couldn't handle the sights, and growled to himself after the scents started to hit him directly.

When Agape tugged on his hand to urge him to sit down he took a seat directly beside her, crossing his legs in the same manner the others had and resting the blade on the ground beside him so that it wouldn't be in the way or too close to the children. He watched as the children were handed their food after Yavin gave his blessing to begin, with Agape confirming his new revelation that they ate without plates. "I think I'll manage but I appreciate it, thank you for adjusting to my culture easily; giving it a try here should be simple." Daniel spoke with a smile before leaning forward, reaching for a piece of the main dish before returning to his seated position and taking a bite.

Agape smiled at Daniel, she noted that he said mother-in-law earlier. She would ask what the meant later. When he stated he would give it a try she nodded and reached out for a piece of meat. The children ate hungrily, and Yavin and Ceani ate quietly. Agape felt strange not having a plate after so long, but the growling of her stomach made the awkwardness ebb away as she ate happily. She stole glances at Daniel to watch him eat and how he reacted.

The meat itself was both sweet and salty, like a honey-coated flavoring. If he had picked up the fish it would taste like salted spices and grilling. The fruits were sweet, and the bread even sweeter. For Agape the sweetness was normal, which is why she had preferred the sweeter flavors on the Nexus. Ceani swallowed the food she was eating before turning to Daniel. "Agape has told me your family is very important on the Nexus. And that you are a....healer of sorts. Your family must surely be proud?" She wanted t make light conversation, silence was not in her list of favorite things to do. The children started grabbing from each other's plates and covering themselves in a mess. Yavin sighed handing them bread.

Daniel's attention had shifted primarily to the food now, his hunger driving him to eat his fill; thankfully his table manners weren't forgotten. His elbows didn't need to hit the table due to the unique seating arrangement, and he didn't need to worry about using utensils correctly due to their lack of use here. The flavor was different, but he enjoyed it all the same; the sweetness of the meat was something he wasn't quite used to but it helped explain Agape's interest in sweet dishes. He would have to make that a point for his parents to bring sweeter foods as gifts. With his fish finished, he reached for bread and chewed along as Ceani spoke up over the table.

Clearing his throat Daniel smiled at Ceani's remark. "A healer of sorts, we call the profession a Doctor in my language. I mend the wounded and care for the sick of different races and cultures, and thankfully my parents are quite proud of the reputation I've built with it." He remarked kindly before finishing his bread. Once he had he slid the bag on his shoulder off and dug through it for a moment, "I actually have a few treats for everyone, you can thank Agape for making sure they made it here." He said with a smirk as he retrieved a smaller, clear bag out of his own that contained the sandwiches they had brought along. "We call these sandwiches, and their filled with something we call peanut butter and jelly which respectively can be rich and salty, as well as sweet." Daniel passed a sandwich along to the kids as well as Yavin and Ceani before leaning back to his seat and pulling one out for Agape as well. "I hope that you find them enjoyable."

Agape ate as her mother spoke, she had forgotten the word for a healer in his language but luckily they meant the same. Agape realized other than the names and faces of his family she knew very little about him. Maybe she could ask him later if he was willing if she remembered too that is. Ceani smiled at his response and continued eating as she thought of her next question. All, except the twins, watched Daniel ruffle through his bag. When he pulled out the sandwiches Agape smiled at him, she had nearly forgotten about them. As he passed them around and spoke she waited until he was finished to add her input, "Ama, Aita they are very delicious!"

Ceani turned the sandwich in her hands looking at it, while the smaller children took bites into it with happy laughs as they stuffed their faces. Yavin took a bite after taking a moment and looked at the sandwich surprised. "This is a very interesting thing. And your people call it a...a sandwich?" He rose his brow and took another bite. "Ama try it." Agape looked at her hesitant mother and smiled, Ceani took a breath and bit it to it. And her yellow eyes reflected the same awe that Agape's did when trying new things. Ceani swallowed her food before eating, "These are indeed unique in flavor. Do your people eat these things often?" Agape ate her own quietly enjoying the sandwich she was handed.

Once the sandwiches were finished Ceani looked at Daniel, "Would you like drink?"

The kids excitement in eating the sandwiches made Daniel smile, seeing the two go at it; thankfully the sandwiches were rather difficult to get messy with so they had that to look forward to. Agape's encouragement for the sandwiches helped as Daniel's attention shifted towards Ceani and Yavin, noticing how the latter seemed to enjoy it with a hint of surprise on his features. "Yeah, we have a lot of variety with them but basically a sandwich is anything we keep between two slices of bread." As he finished that he reached out for two thinner pieces of the bread they had, retrieved some meat from the fish and made a makeshift sandwich. "We would call this a sandwich as well, but we may add more to it." He remarked kindly before glancing over towards Ceani as she gave it a try.

"Certain people do, the variety make sandwiches fairly common." He went on, his parents had probably had a few but knowing their lifestyles he didn't think it was a common thing for them to ask for. When she offered a drink however Daniel rose a brow, "What kind of drink?" He asked politely, curious as to if it was a celebratory kind of drink or not.

The family watched as he placed the meat between the bread, with the exception of the smaller ones, they both nodded as he answered their questions finishing off what was left f the sandwich. When he asked what kind of drink Ceani looked at him a bit confused, "What your people call...juice I believe." Agape leaned up to whisper in his ear, "Ah Xolmeani has only two drinks. There is a festival drink..it is like ethanol. And juice which is what I had at leaky servo without the ethanol. We also have the water of the river but we use that to heal." Once she had finished explaining she lowered herself back into her seat as her mother went back to the small kitchen area.

Ceani came bag with a pitcher like item and some cups made from the crystal. She set the pitcher down and handed the cups to everyone. Before picking up the pitcher and pouring some of the liquid in each cup. When she was done she sat back down and sat the pitcher to the side, "Mwari grant's us this drink. It is for good health and fertility." Ceani smirked at the last bit and Agape shot her mother a look with a small flush. Yavin chuckled and took a sip from his cup. "If you both wish to rest after this I can provide you clothing for the night."

Daniel was happy with his newly made sandwich, sweet as can be but the meat was still appreciated as he started getting through it. As they explained the difference in drinks he nodded along, finishing his bite of a fish sandwich but he looked a tad confused as they explained the drinks. Only two? Her whispers helped elaborate as to the different ones, which he was thankful for. "Ah, that might be a good gift to bring for them as well then." He remarked, pondering the plans that they could set up. As Ceani left for the kitchen Daniel finished his sandwich, looking to clean his hands on something akin to a napkin before sitting back, wrapping one arm around Agape so that he may keep her close.

When she returned with the pitcher his eyes followed as the glasses were poured, and when she made her remark he cast his head down to hide a small smirk as a glance revealed Agape blushing beside him. They truly were invested in getting grandchildren, which he found interesting as their newest ones were still quite young. Producing children must be a rather common thing for them, and it seemed to stay throughout the years. "Thank you for the drink and for hosting." Daniel remarked, leaning forward to retrieve both his and Agape's glass before setting it in front of her. He sniffed the drink first, taking in it's aroma before taking a sip.

Ceani smiled and both her and Yavin nodded their heads in response. The drink was sweet and would have a similar taste to a mixture or berries and honey. Agape lifted her own cup and drank the liquid when she swallowed the liquid and lowered her cup she let out a sigh. "I have missed my home," Agape mumbled and stood as Ceani stood as well to gather the food that was left and dirty pans they were in. She gathered some herself trailing after her mother to help clean. Yavin looked at Daniel, "I will show you to Agape's old room, I can provide you clothes on the way up." Yavin used his hands to push himself off the ground and scooped the twins up in his arms, before walking next to Daniel. "Agape and Ceani will stay here to clean, Ceani would have your head if you tried." Yavin teased chuckling. Agape walked back tot eh table to gather more plates and moved to the other side of Daniel.

The drink's flavor and texture was unique, it had a bit more texture to it than most drinks he had and that must have come from the honey-like substance that had been mixed with it. He could easily see why Agape would enjoy the drink and as he started to get through it a part of him remembered just what her parents had mentioned with it increasing fertility, potentially virility as well if something was lost in translation.

As he finished his drink he glanced upwards as Ceani began to pick up the plates and start to clean, his brain making a note that everything here was kept in-house. Royalty in many other cultures, including nobility and higher ups found in the Nexus were known to rely on servants. Even his household did while he was younger, but after moving out on his own he hadn't found the need to employ one for his relatively small ship. Daniel squeezed Agape's hand beside him as she mentioned that she missed her home, but otherwise remained silent till Yavin drew near with the youths beside him. "I'd appreciate it." He remarked before easing himself to his feet, sliding his legs out to the side as he did so before lifting the blade up alongside him as he moved.

When Yavin affirmed that if he offered help and tried to do so Ceani would have his head he laughed, deciding to run a hand along Agape's side as she moved past his other side; squeezing her softly before moving after Yavin, making a small silly face for the kids in his arms as they looked around the room.

Agape jumped turning to glance at him, she smiled at him flushing a bit as he walked away before turning her attention back to her mother. AS the men left the room with the smaller children Agape and Ceani could be seen chatting as they gathered the last of the dishes. Yavin glanced back and smiled before walking towards the stairs. The children stared at Daniel as he made a silly face, Lycia laughed and clapped her hands while Adric tried to copy the face failing horribly. Taking a look at Yavin he was wearing a short-sleeved tunic and pants, made much like Agape's though not the same style. He adjusted the kids on either of his sides and stopped at the foot of the stairs, turning back to look at Daniel he smiled, "Agape can show you where to bathe later. Be careful going up, I wouldn't wish you to hit your head." Yavin chuckled turning back to walk up the stairs. The stairs were made from the same material as everything else in the house, they spiraled to the second floor.

The second floor was a lot bigger than what the downstairs seemed, ribbon-like material decorated the entrance to each room door and there were flowers though less than the rest of the house. Yavin walked to a room opening the door to show two mats next to each other and what looked like toys covering the floor. When Daniel was behind him Yavin spoke keeping his focus on avoiding the toys littering the floor. "Watch your step. These two love to throw their toys about." Yavin chuckled as he used his foot to brush some out of the way. "Do you have any siblings yourself, Daniel?" Yavin lowered the toddlers to the ground walking over to a shelf and grabbing a cloth, before disappearing behind a door and returning with the cloth now wet. The two children ran around the room, Adric ran over to Daniel and hugged his leg.

Yavin could only smile, grabbing Lycia and wiping off her hands and face. "Unlike my wife, I won't pressure you about children. It is just our way of life here." He finished wiping off the girl's face and laid her on her mat. The mat itself was fluffy like it could have been made from cotton but it was red in color, while the other blue. He reached back to the shelf grabbing a smaller cup with a rubber-like top, it almost looked like a sippy cup but not quite, he handed it to Lycia and covered her with a blanket before walking over to Adric. "Did you enjoy the food? I'm sure it must be different from what you are used to."

Daniel appreciated the smile and the flushed cheeks on Agape as she reacted to his touch, and wished to linger a little longer but knew they had tasks to complete so he let her return to her mother as he moved on. The kid's did a great job at distracting him and keeping his attention as they returned some of the silly faces his way, while the other laughed at the proceedings. Yavin's warning was met with a nod and a chuckle as he followed suit, "I'll keep an eye out, and warn my family. For human's the tallest we go is about 6 and a half feet without alterations, some of the other races beat that however." He remarked, ducking to assure that his head was safe from the low ceiling.

As he was introduced to the second floor he smiled at the expanse, marveling at the doors and decorations until Yavin led them to what appeared to be the children's room. "Unfortunately no, but I have a big family with a lot of cousins and family friends so it's not too bad." He responded in kind, eyeing some of the toys that filled the floor. He played with Adric's hair as the boy hugged his leg, his attention there for a moment before he turned to watch Yavin clean up Lycia. "I understand, and trust me certain families can get the same way where I'm from; I don't mind." He returned kindly, but he was thankful that he wouldn't have to worry about him pressuring him about it while they were away from the others. He watched him put the girl to bed and marveled at her fluffy matt as he walked over to Adric. "The food was great, different of course, it's sweeter than most meals I have but I enjoyed it. It looks like the kids here have a nice setup to be comfortable in." Daniel jested as he crouched beside Lycia, making sure she was fully tucked in with her blanket.

Yavin noted that Daniel said most people of his kind were tall and some other races may have been even taller. The thought itself amazed him, his people were just of the shorter variety but their strength was their magics. Yavin crouched to one knee and used the cloth to wipe Adric's face, the small orange-haired boy tried to turn his face away. "I'm glad you enjoyed the food. As for the mats, they are made from a tree leaf, in your language, it may be called a cloud tree. And the blanket is made by a....tailor I believe your kind calls it." Yavin finished wiping Adric's hands as he spoke, standing to walk the boy to his own bed.

He tucked the boy in grabbing another cup similar to Lycia's and handed it to him. "It is custom for our kind to sleep like this, it keeps us closer to Xolmeani." Yavin smiled and stood up after kissing each child's head, "Everything on Xolmeani has life, the closer we are to the goddess and her gifts." He smiled at Daniel turning back to walk out of the door, "Come, and close the door gently." He moved down the hallway to another room. It was decorated with vines flowers lining the room, they were colored purple, blue, pink, and red. The berry scent that accompanied Agape filled the small area. The room had a small window letting in the moonlight that tinted the room a light blue. A larger mat was on the floor, colored purple, and shelves lined the walls with various items. A small table brimmed with books and papers sat to the side near an opening that could be assumed a bathroom.

"This is Agape's room, Ceani insisted we keep it the same for when she returned, though she is not the same girl she was when she left. I will bring extra clothing for you, and more blankets. I a not sure how you fair with our planet's temperatures. Wait here, I will return." Yavin waited for Daniel to enter the room before stepping out the gather the items.

Back