Open Xolmeani of the Kreoi Solar System

As the boy helped him identify the creature he smiled, repeating after him. "Orein." before he allowed the boy to drag him towards the kitchen. The scent of the food hit him before the sight did, his stomach responding in kind as he managed to take a seat - watching Adric make the eating motion as he showed him the word for eat. "Jan." He repeated with a smile, mimicking his actions before turning back towards Agape watching her get seated. "Thank you Ceani, I appreciate it." He spoke as he turned towards her, before turning towards Adric and patting him on the shoulder. "Thank you too."

Watching Agape reach for food let him know to do the same, and he focused on reaching for meats himself with a few fruits to go alongside them.

Ceani smiled, "There is no need for thanks, Daniel. You are a guest and family now. Eat plenty, there is much to do today." Ceani walked to the kitchen grabbing the juice and sitting a cup in front of Daniel and Agape. Adric laughed when Daniel patted his shoulder, choosing to sit next to him so he could stuff his face with fruits. Lycia sat next to Agape doing the same as her brother. Agape leaned her head on Daniel's shoulder as she ate. Ceani sat opposite her family and smiled watching them.

"Your father has asked me to answer any questions you might have about our festivals and the life cycle of our people. Unless you would rather me wait for more of you kind to come and explain, I would be happy to." She took a sip of her own drink and ate some fruit, as she waited for him to answer. Agape was happy that her parents were willing to explain their culture to him, he was welcome here and after meeting her people today he would be one of them.

He nodded as Ceani mentioned that there was no need for thanks, and bit into his food as he watched Adric settle in beside him and reach for some of the fruit. The laughter he had expressed was exciting, the kids were happy to have him there and that meant a lot - his attention however shifted as Agape rested her head upon his shoulder. Daniel swallowed the food he had then before kissing the top of her head and continuing with breakfast.

"I can tell the explanation back to them, but a few may arrive later today. I wouldn't mind hearing a bit about the history of the festival and how it got started." Daniel asked between mouthfuls, setting the food down and reaching for the juice that had been provided. While sweet, he still recognized it as the juice that had been offered the night before that she had remarked would serve as a.. Conceptual aid.

Agape finished her drink with little thought and left her head on his shoulder letting Lycia lay her head in her lap. She smoothed the girl's hair as she listened to them speak. Ceani smiled and nodded, watching him drink the drink. "As Yavin may have told you it is the festival of life, to celebrate the life the goddess has given us. It is the time our planet is abundant with life, the energy that runs through all of life on Xolmeani is increased. Our ancestors used to believe that this was the time our planet and us Xolmeanian's were created. " Ceani took a moment to take a sip of her own drink before continuing. "It also represents a part of our life cycle. The goddess grants a life, two halves of a whole. It is why we have two forms, our power comes from the goddess and the energy she grants. Though children on Xolmeani do not come to find this form until they are six mea cycles. With this form comes powers- though in some cases..like Agape's..they may not find a power, though it is very rare." A sad look passed over her features and Agape frowned.

"Ama I am fine even without powers, I am very healthy now," Agape spoke sweetly, trying to boost her mother's spirits a bit. Ceani gave Agape a small smile and nodded.

"You are right...where was I...Oh yes, our life cycles. We grow and we are given a skill, my skill is the ability to share and receive knowledge. And Yavin's skill is to be able to grow plant life, from nearly anywhere. It is why we have decorated our home as such." Ceani chuckled a bit, gesturing to the common area. "Our young Xolmeani attend schooling, they are taught to master their skills as well as about our life on Xolmeani and various things. When they are old enough and schooling has finished they are given jobs or will get to choose their jobs. At 15 Mea Cycles, a Xolmeani woman experiences her first mating cycle. It is time we are in a...heat would be the word...much like animals. Lasts only for a month. Xolmeani women will be very...animal-like. We are creatures that often act upon our instincts. It happens every year after, the year after the first mating cycle you are to choosing a mate." Ceani glanced at Agape, "Agape was the exception, she had left at the first mention of being forced to mate. She has always been a bit unique.....After you are given a mate, you are bonded with them for life, we hold ceremonies for those as well...Though in your case it may be different because you are not Xolmeanian." Ceani took another sip of her juice thinking for a moment before continuing, "Our people grow and when they pass they become one again with Xolmeani, they are burned and returned to the tree of Mwari, their life cycle is celebrated not mourned, for every life passed, another is created."

Daniel listened as Ceani spoke, taking in the details as she went over their ancestors and the full history of the festival. Having it represent their life cycle was understandable and common practice, and he had learned that they tied it into their goddess as a representation of their development. When she explained how that also worked with the powers gifted to certain individuals Daniel felt the movement from Agape as she spoke in turn, he reached out and laid his hand atop hers while she continued on. Yavin's personal skill made Daniel smile, it didn't surprise him knowing the home and how much work he put into developing it into what it was now. The mating cycle information was new though, and he could feel his temperature heat up as he thought it over; the instinctual drive and animal like behavior. His hand squeezed Agape's lightly at that but his attention stayed forward.

"We hold what we call weddings, which in turn could be considered a ceremony and it's meant to celebrate marriage; two individuals joining together, it doesn't mean they have to mate to have children but it's common practice. There are some cultures among my people that practice polygamy, which is joining multiple people to each other; some of the other species at the Nexus take it even further." Daniel remarked, sharing a bit about the differences they may hear about from the Nexus. He enjoyed hearing about Agape's decisions again, he had heard one side of the story and this other one shared a new perspective on her being a bit rebellious. Daniel ran his thumb along her hand as Ceani continued, nodding as she finished. "It's an admirable thing to do. Some cultures find it difficult to celebrate at such times, but I'm glad that you can focus on the positives with it."

Agape had always been a bit sad about not having powers, the way she looked at it she was just a late bloomer. Her powers may come later on in her life, but even without them, she was fine. Daniel's hand over her's was comforting, she had heard this story many times. Even relaying it to the young Atanian's before she left. Hearing about her mating cycle in front of Daniel though made her cheeks burn. She hadn't bothered to mention anything of it because it was so embarrassing. She felt his body heat up under her head and the light squeeze on her hand confirmed that she may have to speak with him later about it.

As Daniel spoke she smiled, the Nexus was truly a unique place, though hearing that a wedding was similar to their own ceremonies made her happy. Polygamy was an interesting feat to her. Ceani rose her brow at this thinking the same before speaking, "This polygamy Is interesting. Though we only mate with one because we are two halves of a whole. The goddess has made it that way. Though learning of these other cultures seems rather interesting." Ceani knew it wouldn't be difficult for her to learn the things on the Nexus. But until she was sure that she could be comfortable going to the nexus she would wait. She slowly stood after Daniel finished speaking and smiled. "We celebrate the life they have lived. Not what they will be missing. It is the accomplishments of life we look to honor. Not the sadness after death...Now come we must be leaving. I am sure the town is eager to meet you." Agape smiled and looked at Daniel before lifting her head off his shoulder. Lucia was soundly sleep in her lap, Agape picked the girl up in her arms and stood carefully. Adric was on the side of Daniel yawning from the food he had eaten.

Last edited:
Ceani's surprise was noted as Daniel finished speaking, and as they explained the concept of being two halves of a whole he understood their perspective. With a gift such as hers he figured that she would be interested in learning as much as possible, and thankfully his family would be able to provide some form of information to them. The full lesson on the Nexus would be somewhat tiresome, he already had somewhat of a difficult time teaching Agape their language.

His thought process stopped however as Ceani spoke up again after a pause, going over what they were hoping to celebrate and that they should be on their way. Daniel nodded along and reached for his glass, finishing it before reaching out to one of the fruits as he eased himself out of his chair. "I'm ready to go, thank you again for the hospitality." Daniel remarked, glancing towards Atrica as he yawned beside him. Now that he was up he had one hand on fruit and the other was free so he used that to pat him again. It looked like the kids were ready to go back to bed already after eating.

Ceani smiled, "You are most welcome Daniel." She walked past and scooped Adric up in her arms. Agape turned to step away from the table Lycia in her arms. With her free hand, she reached for Daniels. Ceani walked past the pair out o the small dining area into the common room and opened the don't door. Agape followed carefully not to wake up Lycia.

When they reached outside it would be much brighter than the day before, the sunlight turning the little cove green. Further off people could be seen, their figures noted by their brightly colored or variations of white hair. Yavin was down the ramp in front of the house. He turned and waved to them, "Ah the lovebirds have finally finished! And just in time too, Come Daniel. Stand here with me." Yavin smiled and motioned Daniel over, Agape looked up at him. "He will show the village who you are now." She smiled and gave his hand a reassuring squeeze before letting go.

As the youths were being picked up Daniel made sure to give them room before following the pair out of the dining area and into the common room, he bit into the fruit, careful yo make sure any juices didn't get anywhere unsavory. As the front door opened Daniel let the two proceed first, his eyes watchful for the kids as they were hefted through while drowsy and asleep. He found the sight adorable, but remained quiet as to not disturb them.

The brightness of the day hurt his eyes for a moment as he got adjusted, his hand shielding it for a pause before they settled and let him take in the sights of the green environment. It was a beautiful sight, but his eyes shifted to movement as he started to notice the life in the village - a myriad of colors mixed with white as Agape's people went about their day. Yavin's remark almost fell on deaf ears, but he smiled all the same as he returned Agape's squeeze. "Well, wish me luck then." He jested before leaning over and kissing Agape, then turning to approach Yavin. "All set. Anything I should be wary of? Common greeting, bow or wave?" Daniel went on with a smile, mulling over how awkward it may be for him to simply stand there.

"Good lucks Daniel." Agape kissed him back smiling as he walked away. She was very excited for him to become a part of her people. Yavin smiled at Daniel placing a and on his back as he walked over. Yavin turned and held out his arms, "The greeting is a hug, but whatever it is your people do will come after." Yavin chuckled, after Daniel embraced him/ or didn't, Yavin turned to his people. Smiling he spoke, his voice boomed over the mass of people before him, rather than his usual relaxed tone he sounded like a King overlooking an army. Agape walked up behind Daniel, having handed Lycia to her mother. She realized Daniel would not understand her fathers words, as her father spoke she whispered in Daniel's ear. "Nire herria! Zure Agape printzesa maitea itzuli zen. Mundu berriei buruzko informazioa eta bere bikotearekin berarekin dator! Ongi etorri, Daniel, Nexus pertsona! Gauza berriak irakasteko eta besarkatzera etorri da. Gurekin ikasi! Atzo ezezagunak gara, baina gaur jainkosak bedeinkatu gaitu!" The people let our a roaring cheer after their king spoke, happiness was littered in their eyes. Agape lowered herself from his ear and smiled at her people.

((My people! Your dear Princess Agape was back. Information about new worlds and her partner comes with her! Welcome, Daniel, Nexus people! He has come to teach and embrace new things. Learn from us! We are strangers yesterday, but today the goddess has blessed us as one!)))

Feeling Yavin's hand on his back he followed along, chuckling as Yavin opened up for a hug - a pause went by before Daniel leaned forward and embraced him in turn. "Should be simple enough." He remarked before letting go, his eyes traveling to meet those of the people that had gathered there. A sizable amount, but Yavin didn't hesitate as his tone shifted to remind him of similar speakers within his family. The regency was evident as he addressed them, and Daniel was thankful for Agape's sudden appearance at his side as she whispered the translation in his ear. For Daniel, smiling and looking approachable was the best course of action as he didn't have much to contribute yet - his family would arrive later in the day, but ensuring that the public saw him as a kind figure would do for now.

He hadn't been asked to speak, and didn't want to intrude on Yavin's speech in case he had more to say as the crowd cheered and happiness spread. Daniel let out a laugh as he looked at all the faces, taking in the sights and the variety.

Yavin put up his palm to calm the raging voices of excitement coming from the crowd, he looked at Daniel and Agape and smiled. He motioned his arm for both of them to walk up in his place and speak. Agape smiled, moving in front of Daniel so she could lead the way. She turned to her people and glanced at Daniel. "You can speak, I will translate. Speak freely they seem to love you already." Agape gave a chuckled and reassuring smile.

Daniel nodded along to Yavin as he asked them to move forward, being asked to speak wasn't surprising but he was happy to have Agape's support as she led him towards the front. "Thank you for having me people of Xolmeani, I appreciate the warm welcome." He started, making sure he smiled and glanced through the crowd. "I wanted to let everyone know that my people and I are excited to get to know everyone here, and that we'll be taking every step to make it an easy greeting. I'm excited to learn more about your culture and I hope that you will all get a chance to learn about my own, and the myriad of cultures from the Nexus!" He exclaimed enthusiastically, pausing to gauge further reactions.

Agape spoke after he spoke, her people stared at Daniel with awe and curiosity. Once he was done speaking the people cheered, many speaking amongst themselves excited. Agape looked up at Daniel when she was done translating, "They are very excited to get to know you as well, their eyes are full of excitement." She chuckled and her own eyes lit up with the same excitement that swarmed across the area. Yavin walked back beside them, having stepped to Ceani as Daniel spoke. "Now we start the festival. First I must bloom the flowers to welcome new life. Please follow Daniel, the people will dress you with flowers, jewels and things as is custom. Agape you walk ahead of him." Agape nodded and moved ahead of him, following after her father who started making his way down the ramp as people placed flowers in his hair or around his neck, marked his face with colored powder in designs, and handed him jewels. Agape walked and the people happily kissed her cheeks and hands. The children held out their arms to be picked up and she happily complied spinning them around as she practically danced along the path they made. they decorated her hair with bright strange-looking, but beautiful flowers and decorated her face in intricate marks as well.

Daniel listened as Agape translated, happy to hear her voice mimic his message until she looked his way and let him know of their reactions. The visuals were enough to see their excitement, their curious and happy nature apparent as they took it all in stride. He smiled at the sight and nodded along as they ushered him forward, Yavin's directions clear as he followed in suit after Agape.

Watching how the crowd admired both Yavin and Agape amazed him, they definitely had the love of their people - which was a great sign of effective rule. The way the people adorned them made him understand how revered they were, and he chuckled softly as he watched Agape spin around her before having her hair adorned with beautiful flowers. It was during his admiration that an elderly member reached forward, kissing his cheek before pulling back as a man anointed him with some form of dust that marked his skin. He offered a kind smile in return, glancing towards the kids who giggled and smiled his way in return.

Agape glanced back at Daniel giving a bright smile. She was happy that Daniel was adapting quickly, even more so now that he was adorned the same as her. Yavin led them through the crowd to an open area. He waited for Agape and Daniel, and then Ceani and the young ones as well, to reach his side before turning back to his people. The pathway that had been made by the people disappeared as they gathered behind them. Yavin closed his eyes and his blue hair shifted, changing to the bright whitish-silver. He opened his eyes that seemed to glow blue-violet in color and lifted his hands. Agape moved closer to Daniel so she could reach out and hold his hand, leaning towards his side. Yavin allowed his hands to reach his side and slowly closed his palms. A rumbling could be heard behind him.

A large field of snow was behind him, the snow shook and exposed the violet-colored grass that made the ground. From the ground came a large bud that bloomed into a beautiful colored flower, that was large in size, on the surrounding area's flowers, much like those that decorated their home, sprouts amongst the white field. AGape watched in awe a large smile on her face, the fragrance of the flowers spread across the field. Yavin lowered his arms and everyone cheered and rushed past him as they began to play music and dance. Ceani walked over and kissed Yavin lightly, Yavin opened his eyes after kissing her back and looked at Daniel and Agape. "Come dance, enjoy yourselves. The festival has begun!"

Daniel smiled as he caught Agape stealing glances back at him, but kept his attention moving through the crowd as he got to see their faces filled with excitement and curiosity. It was a wonderful sight to behold for him and it kept him smiling, and as they got to a more open area he lined up along Agape's family and watched as their former pathway closed shut behind them.

As Yavin reached out his hands, his form now shifted he felt the soft grasp of Agape's hand as she leaned into him. He slightly adjusted to help keep her weight, leaning forward to kiss the side of her head before keeping his attention on Yavin. The rumbling however took his attention, and as Daniel glanced back towards the blanket of snow he noticed the bud bloom to life - soon surrounded by the cheering crowd as they moved on towards their festivities. Yavin's invitation was met with a nod as Daniel got a firmer grip on Agape's hand, "You'll have to show me how your people dance, I'll try to be a quick learner." He said aloud, feeling the energy in the town build as the music started to play around them. He was excited to experience their culture, and just hoped he wouldn't make too much of a fool of himself.

Agape looked up at Daniel with a smile. "We do not have to dance Daniel, we may sit and enjoy. But, if you wish to learn then follow me." She chuckled and bit and moved from leaning against him so she could lead him to space in the field where people were dancing. She took his other hand in hers. "Now first we spin." She smiled and moved so the could spin, "And we feel the music and dance as the music guides us to." Agape listened to the music and hummed along, closing her eyes and stopped spinning as she dancing. It was a simple movement of her feet and hips.

A portal opened in the bright sky, and the white-feathered avian fell through, thudding to the ground, yellow crystals flying up in all directions. He lay on his stomach, coughing and sneezing. When it stopped, he slowly pushed himself to his feet and ruffled his feathers.
First he was in a strange but gorgeous city, now he was here...wherever here was. Instead of the usual green, the grass was violet, the road seemed to be made of the same yellow crystals he landed in, there was a city somewhere in the distance, and it was hot. Alexander simply decided to start walking, hoping to find someone to get info from.

When Alexander reached the city he would see that the City was much larger up close. He had found the city of Amaint, a bustling city. The people there were nothing like Agape's people. Rather than the deer-like horns that most Xolmenaian's had, Amaint people, held smaller horns and the recent moons on the heads were red rather than the brilliant teal that Agape's people showed. There seemed to be a festival of sorts, the yellow plains that usually covered the city had been replaced with the lovely violet grass that made the planet. A mass of people dancing and singing. Their leader Haera was in the midst of it, happily twirling with the children of the city and making the flowers bloom and the grass spread its reach. She was in her natural form, her reddish-violet hair made her red horns stand out more than usual.

Back