Status
Not open for further replies.
The powerful man was not particularly fast, so the group was able to navigate even the dark hallway faster than him, especially with Clark moving some of the group quickly. However, by the time they had piled back into the lobby, they could still hear the man's powerful footsteps echoing from the hallway.

"Hey!" Elliot made a grab for Nathan's arm so that he would stop flailing. "You almost cut-- Ah, what did you do?" As Bridgette let Nathan down, Elliot looked around at the others. "Quick, I need those medical supplies!"

"Claire, what were you saying about medallions?" Billy asked her. The girl looked distracted as she looked around the lobby for a moment. "We found those medallions."

"You did?" The girl pointed to a statue in the middle of the lobby. "Put them in there and we'll be able to lose that guy... or, I hope so."

Cullen quickly ran over and inserted the medallions into recesses within the statue. As a result, it slowly began to shift into the ground, though it was moving slowly. The man's footsteps were getting closer and closer.

@Takumi @mintyy @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Indigo Al @York @Capri @Crunch @Yun Lee @Lucky @Neko Shogun @Sark @Minerva @Space_Candy @Alex Azure @Krieg @Ver @Josh @Kaykay

Hearing Elliot ask for the medical supplies, Azura went to get it. She hadn't expected it to come in use at all while they were here, but she probably should have known things wouldn't go as one would expect it to.

"Here." Azura spoke up as she handed it to Elliot.

@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Everyone

Nathan sighed as he was put down, Elliot had a hold of his non-injured wrist. He meekly pulled out the bandages and gauzes he had shoved into his pocket earlier, bloodying them as a result.

"I'm sorry," he muttered, not looking any of the others in the eye. He just wanted to help, but he wasn't like the others- he was human, a human with no powers or gadgets. He was tough shit in Arcadia Bay- or used to be before he changed for the better.

He noticed how deep the gash in his hand was, it hurt like hell and he had no one to blame but himself.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Takumi @Everyone

The powerful man was not particularly fast, so the group was able to navigate even the dark hallway faster than him, especially with Clark moving some of the group quickly. However, by the time they had piled back into the lobby, they could still hear the man's powerful footsteps echoing from the hallway.

"Hey!" Elliot made a grab for Nathan's arm so that he would stop flailing. "You almost cut-- Ah, what did you do?" As Bridgette let Nathan down, Elliot looked around at the others. "Quick, I need those medical supplies!"

"Claire, what were you saying about medallions?" Billy asked her. The girl looked distracted as she looked around the lobby for a moment. "We found those medallions."

"You did?" The girl pointed to a statue in the middle of the lobby. "Put them in there and we'll be able to lose that guy... or, I hope so."

Cullen quickly ran over and inserted the medallions into recesses within the statue. As a result, it slowly began to shift into the ground, though it was moving slowly. The man's footsteps were getting closer and closer.

@Takumi @mintyy @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Indigo Al @York @Capri @Crunch @Yun Lee @Lucky @Neko Shogun @Sark @Minerva @Space_Candy @Alex Azure @Krieg @Ver @Josh @Kaykay

"He's a bit antsy with that knife, or was," Bridgette stated drawing her gun towards where Mr. X would emerge. "Does that statue roll any faster!"

"Maybe yell a bit more that will probably help!" Biscuit was standing arms folded waiting on the statue to finish as she anxiously looked towards where they emerged. If that thing bursts through someone would have to stay back and deal with it so that the others could escape.

Lucifer Morningstar

" Yeah, I think this is all we can do,"
he replied, following the others and making sure Clark wasn't going to do something stupid and grabbing him if he did.

@Atomic Knight @Josh @Everyone

"Clark sighed as Lucifer dragged him along back to the lobby. Clark looked at Lucifer with a stern look. Clark understood what he was doing, yet Clark could still hear the foot steps. Moving steady and even. Pulling himself out of the fallen angel's grip, Clark stood firm

"Someone has to slow him down, Lucifer. As much as you make a fair point, we can't run forever."
View attachment 6835
Turning to Billy and the other, Clsfrk spoke

"I'm going back and give you all some more time. I'll catch up with you all as soon as I can. "

Moving past Bridgette and Biscuit, Clark smile and go towards the door's handle.

"Excuse me, Ma'am, Bisky. "

"Clark sighed as Lucifer dragged him along back to the lobby. Clark looked at Lucifer with a stern look. Clark understood what he was doing, yet Clark could still hear the foot steps. Moving steady and even. Pulling himself out of the fallen angel's grip, Clark stood firm

"Someone has to slow him down, Lucifer. As much as you make a fair point, we can't run forever."
View attachment 6835
Turning to Billy and the other, Clsfrk spoke

"I'm going back and give you all some more time. I'll catch up with you all as soon as I can. "

Moving past Bridgette and Biscuit, Clark smile and go towards the door's handle.

"Excuse me, Ma'am, Bisky. "

Despite being able to hit all the right buttons Biscuit wasn't going to let this guy walk to his potential death. "Hold it right there!" She pointed an accusing finger at Clark's back. "If you want to walk to your death that's perfectly fine, but at least wait for the damn thing to come to you instead of running after it yourself. What are you, an idiot?!" He was also very handsome. A handsome idiot.

The statue finally stopped moving and a passage into the depths of the police station was revealed. "Let's go!" Claire yelled, running in.

Elliot hastily finished bandaging up Nathan's hand, though it was not the best under the rushed circumstances. He gave the boy's other hand a light squeeze before urging him toward the secret passage.

"Go, pretty boy," Cullen growled at Clark before rushing inside himself.

It was then that the man crashed into the lobby. He turned to look at the group and started stalking toward them.

Despite being able to hit all the right buttons Biscuit wasn't going to let this guy walk to his potential death. "Hold it right there!" She pointed an accusing finger at Clark's back. "If you want to walk to your death that's perfectly fine, but at least wait for the damn thing to come to you instead of running after it yourself. What are you, an idiot?!" He was also very handsome. A handsome idiot.

"I mean, it depends on who you ask. What can I say? I'm be a little hard headed."

The statue finally stopped moving and a passage into the depths of the police station was revealed. "Let's go!" Claire yelled, running in.

Elliot hastily finished bandaging up Nathan's hand, though it was not the best under the rushed circumstances. He gave the boy's other hand a light squeeze before urging him toward the secret passage.

It was then that the man crashed into the lobby. He turned to look at the group and started stalking toward them.

As everyone rushed inside, Clark decided to cover them. Walking slowly back, Clark aimed his eye's at the monster's chest, unleashing a blistering heat vision attack on the creature!
View attachment 6839

"Everyone in! I'll shut the door!"
@Takumi @mintyy @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Indigo Al @York @Capri @Crunch @Yun Lee @Lucky @Neko Shogun @Sark @Minerva @Space_Candy @Alex Azure @Krieg @Ver @Kaykay

Nathan felt something in his chest when Elliot squeezed his hand, continuing to hold the other man's as they fled- figuring that the other would be faster due to his powers.

He looked back quickly, fear seeping into him as the large inhuman man stomped towards them.

@Atomic Knight @Everyone

View attachment 6794

"What the...? Who is this guy?!" Touma could only utter as the strange, hulking man before them suddenly appeared, and easily tanked any blow that came his way. The imposing, physical prowess of the man reminded Touma of Kagun Kihara from his own world, but in this moment, coupled with the already unsettling atmosphere of the building they were in, the boy felt more intimidated in the face of the man more than Kihara had ever managed to unsettle him.

The boy was already somewhat impaired as the wound in his shoulder still stung from the grotesque creature, even after Biscuit managed to take care of it in no time. He was fortunately not too worse for wear otherwise... once he'd wiped off the blood, though he'd been conscious about finding somewhere to wash his hands afterward the next time they'd catch a break, if they'd be fortunate enough for one.

Gritting his teeth in a conflicted manner, hesitant at the notion of entertaining a strategic retreat if necessary but also bearing in mind what might happen to the entire multiverse if this Claire person were to get hurt, Touma grunted softly. "So there are other people here...? O-Okay! We'll find them, but first things first, we gotta get you someplace safe! You might not understand it even after we explain, but your life is more important to us than you might think!" He exclaimed, having observed her unique reaction to Billy.

Seeing the beast of a man be able to shrug off the likes of Billy, Cullen, Gentaro, and Emily, Touma took a step back. "All that said... Maybe we should hightail it out of here, everyone! This place is too cramped to conveniently fight this guy, and more than that... We can't risk Claire getting hurt!" He suggested to everyone, using his good shoulder to wave everyone in the other direction. Usually, he wasn't one to run away from a fight, but even he knew that with their numbers, they were a bit outmatched for now.

@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @York @Capri @Jeremi @Lucky @Space_Candy @Yun Lee @Everybody
Blake's initial scan indicated that the man was no mere human. He was a biological construct made to be superior in strength and stamina than any human being possibly could. Sinestro's scan determined the man was feeling nothing but complete determination.

Elliot had insisted that he and Bridgette follow the group in case something went wrong, but now he was partly regretting it. Mostly due to the headache this creature was giving him. His powers weren't working as well as they normally did here, so there was not much he could do to help. Though, he wasn't sure anything he could do would help.

Emily's magic incapacitated the man for a moment, but it ultimately didn't seem to work. Elliot wondered for a moment if he was like Bane had been. Unfortunately, when he tried to do the same thing he did to Bane, it didn't work.

"We gotta go!" Claire yelled, following Touma and trying to direct everyone back into the police station. Elliot followed after her quickly.

Nathan sighed as he was put down, Elliot had a hold of his non-injured wrist. He meekly pulled out the bandages and gauzes he had shoved into his pocket earlier, bloodying them as a result.

"I'm sorry," he muttered, not looking any of the others in the eye. He just wanted to help, but he wasn't like the others- he was human, a human with no powers or gadgets. He was tough shit in Arcadia Bay- or used to be before he changed for the better.

He noticed how deep the gash in his hand was, it hurt like hell and he had no one to blame but himself.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Takumi @Everyone

Nathan felt something in his chest when Elliot squeezed his hand, continuing to hold the other man's as they fled- figuring that the other would be faster due to his powers.

He looked back quickly, fear seeping into him as the large inhuman man stomped towards them.

@Atomic Knight @Everyone
Emily Hayes
@Takumi @mintyy @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Indigo Al @Atomic Knight @Capri @Crunch @Yun Lee @Lucky @Neko Shogun @Sark @Minerva @Space_Candy @Alex Azure @Krieg @Ver @Josh @Kaykay

Seeing that the creature wasn't being affected by her magic very well, Emily, like the others decided to flee. Coming to the moving statues, Emily would once again use her stone magic, this time not caring if it did any lasting damage. Instead, she opted to slow him down at every possible opportunity.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Nathan bleeding, and her brow creased with concern, until Elliot moved to help him. Smiling to herself, seeing how much he had changed since they had last met, she felt this renewed strength coursing through her, in spite how just how exhausted she was.

Seeing Clark preparing to hold the man off, Emily didn't hesitate to follow suit. With their powers combined, they might just stand a chance.

iyUXDKK.png

"Clark! I'm not leaving until everyone else is safe! I'll use my magic to hold him!" She shouted.

As soon as they had stalled for enough time, she intended to use her stone magic to help reinforce the door for just a little longer. They just needed to buy enough time to get distance between the lumbering man-like creature.​

Mason Moretti
@Takumi @mintyy @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Indigo Al @York @Capri @Crunch @Yun Lee @Lucky @Neko Shogun @Sark @Minerva @Space_Candy @Atomic Knight @Krieg @Ver @Josh @Kaykay

Mason's pistol was pathetically useless against the hulking beast of a man. He wanted to help keep the man away from the group, but couldn't think of a way to hold him back without locking Clark in with the beast. He trusted Clark to hold the man off for a few moments and rushed inside the tunnel with the rest of the group. He chose to help Gentaro, offering his shoulder to lean on. "You doing alright? I'm sorry that I'm no healer."

"I mean, it depends on who you ask. What can I say? I'm be a little hard headed."

As everyone rushed inside, Clark decided to cover them. Walking slowly back, Clark aimed his eye's at the monster's chest, unleashing a blistering heat vision attack on the creature!

"Everyone in! I'll shut the door!"
A heroic sacrifice? No, Thaal wouldn't have any of that. There were words left unsaid between the pair. If Clark died here, well... he'd be a martyr. Thaal didn't plan on arguing with a ghost.
View attachment 6842
"Hard headed, indeed!" Thaal cried, streams of amber flowing forth from his every pore. "A fool in every sense of the word!"

As Thaal fell back through the open door, he imbued Clark with a fraction of his power. He called upon the Yellow Light to charge his 'ally's' Kryptonian abilities.

"Get back here, you ignorant child! Such sanctimony will only get you killed!"

@Josh @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee etc etc​

Are these people seriously? "WHAT ARE YOU IDIOTS DOING!" Biscuit shouted to everyone that stayed behind. "Unless you all don't leave that lumbering monster alone I'll beat you all up myself and drag you inside!" She looked specifically at Clark for her next remark. "I know a hero complex is tough to break but you really can't be this stupid can you?!"

@Takumi @mintyy @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Indigo Al @York @Capri @Crunch @Yun Lee @Lucky @Neko Shogun @Sark @Minerva @Space_Candy @Alex Azure @Krieg @Ver @Kaykay

Last edited:
Are these people seriously? "WHAT ARE YOU IDIOTS DOING!" Biscuit shouted to everyone that stayed behind. "Unless you all don't leave that lumbering monster alone I'll beat you all up myself and drag you inside!" She looked specifically at Clark for her next remark. "I know a hero complex is tough to break but you really can't be this stupid can't you?!"

“Judge him by the company he keeps,” Thaal’s mind turned to Jianyu as he retreated further. “And you’ll only disappointment yourself further! Stupid is as stupid does!“

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Josh etc etc​

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer rubbed his temples and before Clark or Emily could protest, he would yank them back through the open door. " Try closing the door from this side," he replied, using his telekinesis to close the door once he made sure everyone was in. He would then go and inspect Nathan's hands, helping to give a slightly better patch job.

@Atomic Knight @York @Josh @Space_Candy

"There's a lever on this side!" Claire grunted. She pulled it down with all her might and the secret passage began to close up. Thanks to Clark and Emily, the large man was stunned long enough for the door to close on him. Complete silence followed.

Elliot fumbled a bit and released Nathan's hand. He looked embarrassed.

Within the secret passage was a small office. The lights had turned on when the group entered, though they found that there was nothing to find here.

"We have to keep going down," Claire said, making her way toward the metal stairs that went down into the depths below, but Billy got in front of her first.

"You don't have to do this," he said. "This isn't real, Claire."

The girl only blinked at him. "What?" She looked beyond confused.

Billy sighed. "Ugh, this part's going to be a pain to explain every time."

"There's a lever on this side!" Claire grunted. She pulled it down with all her might and the secret passage began to close up. Thanks to Clark and Emily, the large man was stunned long enough for the door to close on him. Complete silence followed.

Within the secret passage was a small office. The lights had turned on when the group entered, though they found that there was nothing to find here.

"We have to keep going down," Claire said, making her way toward the metal stairs that went down into the depths below, but Billy got in front of her first.

"You're trapped in a prison made to look like something from your world," Biscuit added before motioning around her. "Do any of us look like we'd fit into this place at all? I think both of us know the answer to that question." There wasn't really a point to beat around the bush about it. "The faster you admit that this isn't real the faster we can get out of here."

Mason Moretti
@Takumi @mintyy @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Indigo Al @York @Capri @Crunch @Yun Lee @Lucky @Neko Shogun @Sark @Minerva @Space_Candy @Atomic Knight @Krieg @Ver @Josh @Kaykay

Mason's pistol was pathetically useless against the hulking beast of a man. He wanted to help keep the man away from the group, but couldn't think of a way to hold him back without locking Clark in with the beast. He trusted Clark to hold the man off for a few moments and rushed inside the tunnel with the rest of the group. He chose to help Gentaro, offering his shoulder to lean on. "You doing alright? I'm sorry that I'm no healer."

A heroic sacrifice? No, Thaal wouldn't have any of that. There were words left unsaid between the pair. If Clark died here, well... he'd be a martyr. Thaal didn't plan on arguing with a ghost.
View attachment 6842
"Hard headed, indeed!" Thaal cried, streams of amber flowing forth from his every pore. "A fool in every sense of the word!"

As Thaal fell back through the open door, he imbued Clark with a fraction of his power. He called upon the Yellow Light to charge his 'ally's' Kryptonian abilities.

"Get back here, you ignorant child! Such sanctimony will only get you killed!"

@Josh @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee etc etc​
Are these people seriously? "WHAT ARE YOU IDIOTS DOING!" Biscuit shouted to everyone that stayed behind. "Unless you all don't leave that lumbering monster alone I'll beat you all up myself and drag you inside!" She looked specifically at Clark for her next remark. "I know a hero complex is tough to break but you really can't be this stupid can you?!"

“Judge him by the company he keeps,” Thaal’s mind turned to Jianyu as he retreated further. “And you’ll only disappointment yourself further! Stupid is as stupid does!“

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Josh etc etc​
GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Alex Azure

“Yeah, I’m fine. Thank you,”
Gentaro said, thanking Mason for helping him.
Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer rubbed his temples and before Clark or Emily could protest, he would yank them back through the open door. " Try closing the door from this side," he replied, using his telekinesis to close the door once he made sure everyone was in. He would then go and inspect Nathan's hands, helping to give a slightly better patch job.

@Atomic Knight @York @Josh @Space_Candy

"You're trapped in a prison made to look like something from your world," Biscuit added before motioning around her. "Do any of us look like we'd fit into this place at all? I think both of us know the answer to that question." There wasn't really a point to beat around the bush about it. "The faster you admit that this isn't real the faster we can get out of here."

Emily Hayes
@Takumi @mintyy @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Indigo Al @Jeremi @Capri @Crunch @Yun Lee @Lucky @Neko Shogun @Sark @Minerva @Space_Candy @Alex Azure @Krieg @Ver @Josh @Kaykay

Emily felt a tug at her from behind, but she didn't budge just yet. Not until she was sure the man had slowed down enough for the door to close on him. Sighing in relief, she had prepared to move further, until Billy spoke up. It was then that she remembered what she was here for. As she used her stone magic to help reinforce the door, she also called out to Claire, hoping to break the loop.

hXXm3kQ.png

"This world... It was made to trap you. A prison that looks so much like your home! But, you can break free! Search your heart for that feeling that something is wrong with this place, that there is something you forgot, let those feelings grow! Once the loop is broken, you'll be free too! Just like him!" She shouted, her gaze turning towards Elliot for a moment.

Of course, there was one other thing she had to keep in mind; if this loop was broken, it likely had a guardian. Perhaps it was the big lumbering man-like creature coming after them, though she couldn't be completely sure. It was possible there was an even bigger threat to come.​

"It's true," Elliot said quietly, though he was not quite as sure of himself as he maybe should have been.

Claire only continued to give the people around her a perplexed look. "I have no idea what any of you are talking about," she said. It did not seem anything they had to say had really reached her. "I have to find that little girl, Sherry. You don't understand, she needs me or she will die."

Billy seemed perplexed himself now. "I would at least expect someone to call us crazy after hearing all that."

Claire looked past Billy and toward the steps leading below. "Let me go, now. Or else... none of us are getting out of here. You hear me?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back