Status
Not open for further replies.
The furry of blows from Biscuit, Blake, Gentaro, and Lucifer finished Larxene off, sapping her of her strength and forcing her to collapse to the ground in a heap. Much like Bane, her death did not bring any fanfare. Larxene had simply been removed of all her strength.

As she took her last breath and slowly started to fade away, Claire awoke dreamily from her slumber. She groaned and looked up to find Billy holding out a hand to her. She took it eagerly and began to to stand up to her feet, though her whole body began to transform as she did so.

"Whoa," Billy exclaimed, taking a step back from the woman. He found it a bit weird to see a 19-year-old turn rapidly into herself in her mid-30s.

OGzC8CT.png

"So, what you guys said is true, huh?" Claire said. She pulled out her handgun, checked the safety, and turned to Larxene to see the last of the woman disappear.

"Claire!" Sherry yelled, squirming out of Touma's grasp to run up to the woman and give her a hug around her waist. Claire smiled and placed a hand on the girl's shoulder. Her breath caught in her throat for a moment and Billy could see a glistening in Claire's eyes.

The woman shook her head and blinked away her tears. "Is she... you know...?"

It took Billy only a moment to gather that she was asking if the little girl was real. "I don't know," he admitted. "But I don't think we can take her with us either way." He gestured to where Larxene's body once was. "With the loop's guardian gone and you now aware, it's breaking down. With that, I can gather enough energy to get us out of here."

"It wasn't real. Not entirely. It's your past, isn't it? So that girl's already safe and sound. Err... will be. Once we finish our own business," Touma explained while scratching his head, referring to Sherry as he spoke to Claire, also a bit surprised by seeing her suddenly turn much older, a possible result of her body catching up to her mind once it broke free of the loop.

Claire slowly nodded. Her shoulders shuddered and she knelt down to embrace Sherry fully. Billy turned away from them and began to chant.

"It's time for us to go. It's time for us to go."

Everything became white.

Chapter Three
"Witch Hex Door"

WOM6nUD.jpg

If Raccoon City had been hell on Earth, this place was the complete opposite.

White picket fences were sprawled out as far as the eye could see with picturesque houses to match. A young boy on his bike ringed his bell as he tossed a news paper next to the door of the nearest house the group were standing by. Anyone walking past had a friendly smile on their face giving the group a friendly wave as they passed by. Everything just seemed so… perfect.

"This one is really giving me bad vibes," Billy said, sighing from exhaustion.

Elliot turned to Nathan, a look of concern on his face. "How are you feeling? Are you hurt?"

Claire looked around, feeling a bit at a loss. "How do these work exactly...?"

"It's a long story," Touma sheepishly responded to Claire, though it seemed like they had all the time in the world, relatively speaking. Looking around, it was funny how -- in concurrence with Billy -- the idealistic, green pastures only served to unnerve Touma more than the decrepit building they were just in before. If nothing else, it reminded him of the utopia that Othinus had once created when she had become the ultimate power of the multiverse, and even there, not everything was entirely as it seemed.

With a shaky sigh, the boy crossed his arms, before looking to Billy. "This place ring any bells to you? Any ideas on where we should look around?"

"Not exactly," Billy said, though he could not shake that something about this place was scratching at something at the back of his mind. A memory he could not quite place was trying to jump out at him, but he just couldn't reach it. He looked around at the group and found himself grimacing at a sour development.

"We're missing someone," he said.

Try as anyone might, the helmeted knight who had been among the group had disappeared.

"Are you fucking serious?" Cullen blurt out, looking angrily at Billy. "You can just, what, forget to bring one of us?"

Billy raised his hands in defense. "No! I didn't forget anyone! Or at least I don't think so! This isn't exactly easy, you know. I..." He sighed, closing his eyes. "Whether something went wrong or Revan did something, I don't know. But I'm sorry either way. This mission is incredibly dangerous."

Claire let out a long sigh. "Why can't the multiverse just leave me alone?" she grumbled under her breath.

Character List
@Takumi as Azura [Fire Emblem]
@mintyy as Azure Kite [.hack]
@Jeremi as Biscuit Krueger [Hunter x Hunter]
@Gummi Bunnies as Blake Dormi [OC]
@Josh as Clark Kent [Smallville]
@Atomic Knight as Cullen Bloodstone [Marvel Comics]
@Indigo Al as Doctor Langa [OC]
@York as Emily Hayes [Amulet]
@Capri as Gentaro Kisaragi [Kamen Rider]
@Crunch as Giorno Giovanna [JoJo's Bizarre Adventure]
@Yun Lee as Jianyu [Street Fighter]
@Lucky as Lucifer Morningstar [Lucifer]
@Alex Azure as Mason Moretti [OC]
@Kaykay as Mebuki Kusunoki [Kusunoki Mebuki is a Hero]
@Space_Candy as Nathan Prescott [Life is Strange]
@Neko Shogun as Senna [Bleach]
@Krieg as Spike Spiegel [Cowboy Bebop]
@Sark as Thaal Sinestro [DC Comics]
@Minerva as Triss Merigold [The Witcher]
@Ver as Touma Kamijou [A Certain Magical Index]​

Mason Moretti
@Atomic Knight @Alex Azure @Capri @Crunch @Gummi Bunnies @Indigo Al @Jeremi @Josh @Kaykay @Krieg @Lucky @Minerva @mintyy @Neko Shogun @Sark @Space_Candy @Takumi @Ver @York @Yun Lee

Mason was still catching his breath as the group appeared in the new loop. His swords had already lost their spark, so he let them dissipate as he observed their surroundings. The world seemed somewhat familiar. Like Touma and Billy, he felt the eerily peaceful aura this place had. Yet, in addition, he felt a strange nostalgia for his home world. He could have found a suburban paradise like this back home, where people wold have been blissfully unaware of the gods that twisted fate in the background. He wondered if this world held any secrets, or if the group at hand would be the only ones with any supernatural abilities. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.
Claire let out a long sigh. "Why can't the multiverse just leave me alone?" she grumbled under her breath.

Despite the victory against Larxene and the bright, idyllic landscape, the atmosphere felt melancholy. "I want to assume that the multiverse picks the best of the best to defend it," he says in response to Claire's grumbling, "That fate chooses those best suited when things like Revan try to oppose it. Though it really seems to be luck of the draw. Regardless, we're the ones here to defend it, or else there won't be a multiverse to keep bugging us. It's tragic that we left someone behind, but we have to keep going."
GENTARO KISARAGI
@Takumi @mintyy @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @Atomic Knight @Indigo Al @York @Crunch @Yun Lee @Lucky @Alex Azure
@Kaykay @Space_Candy @Neko Shogun @Krieg @Sark @Minerva @Ver

Gentaro groaned in pain a little. The fight against Larxene took a tool on the boy. He attempted to stand, only to stagger a little and collapse once again. Blood began to trickle down his face. At least he was safe.​

Mason offered a hand to help Gentaro to his feet, though he was only a little better off than the boy. His coat had more than a couple tears in it from the previous fight, and the knives of Larxene's duplicates had left marks on his skin. "You okay?"

The furry of blows from Biscuit, Blake, Gentaro, and Lucifer finished Larxene off, sapping her of her strength and forcing her to collapse to the ground in a heap. Much like Bane, her death did not bring any fanfare. Larxene had simply been removed of all her strength.

As she took her last breath and slowly started to fade away, Claire awoke dreamily from her slumber. She groaned and looked up to find Billy holding out a hand to her. She took it eagerly and began to to stand up to her feet, though her whole body began to transform as she did so.

"Whoa," Billy exclaimed, taking a step back from the woman. He found it a bit weird to see a 19-year-old turn rapidly into herself in her mid-30s.

OGzC8CT.png

"So, what you guys said is true, huh?" Claire said. She pulled out her handgun, checked the safety, and turned to Larxene to see the last of the woman disappear.

"Claire!" Sherry yelled, squirming out of Touma's grasp to run up to the woman and give her a hug around her waist. Claire smiled and placed a hand on the girl's shoulder. Her breath caught in her throat for a moment and Billy could see a glistening in Claire's eyes.

The woman shook her head and blinked away her tears. "Is she... you know...?"

It took Billy only a moment to gather that she was asking if the little girl was real. "I don't know," he admitted. "But I don't think we can take her with us either way." He gestured to where Larxene's body once was. "With the loop's guardian gone and you now aware, it's breaking down. With that, I can gather enough energy to get us out of here."

"It wasn't real. Not entirely. It's your past, isn't it? So that girl's already safe and sound. Err... will be. Once we finish our own business," Touma explained while scratching his head, referring to Sherry as he spoke to Claire, also a bit surprised by seeing her suddenly turn much older, a possible result of her body catching up to her mind once it broke free of the loop.

Claire slowly nodded. Her shoulders shuddered and she knelt down to embrace Sherry fully. Billy turned away from them and began to chant.

"It's time for us to go. It's time for us to go."

Everything became white.

Chapter Three
"Witch Hex Door"

WOM6nUD.jpg

If Raccoon City had been hell on Earth, this place was the complete opposite.

White picket fences were sprawled out as far as the eye could see with picturesque houses to match. A young boy on his bike ringed his bell as he tossed a news paper next to the door of the nearest house the group were standing by. Anyone walking past had a friendly smile on their face giving the group a friendly wave as they passed by. Everything just seemed so… perfect.

"This one is really giving me bad vibes," Billy said, sighing from exhaustion.

Elliot turned to Nathan, a look of concern on his face. "How are you feeling? Are you hurt?"

Claire looked around, feeling a bit at a loss. "How do these work exactly...?"

"It's a long story," Touma sheepishly responded to Claire, though it seemed like they had all the time in the world, relatively speaking. Looking around, it was funny how -- in concurrence with Billy -- the idealistic, green pastures only served to unnerve Touma more than the decrepit building they were just in before. If nothing else, it reminded him of the utopia that Othinus had once created when she had become the ultimate power of the multiverse, and even there, not everything was entirely as it seemed.

With a shaky sigh, the boy crossed his arms, before looking to Billy. "This place ring any bells to you? Any ideas on where we should look around?"

"Not exactly," Billy said, though he could not shake that something about this place was scratching at something at the back of his mind. A memory he could not quite place was trying to jump out at him, but he just couldn't reach it. He looked around at the group and found himself grimacing at a sour development.

"We're missing someone," he said.

Try as anyone might, the helmeted knight who had been among the group had disappeared.

"Are you fucking serious?" Cullen blurt out, looking angrily at Billy. "You can just, what, forget to bring one of us?"

Billy raised his hands in defense. "No! I didn't forget anyone! Or at least I don't think so! This isn't exactly easy, you know. I..." He sighed, closing his eyes. "Whether something went wrong or Revan did something, I don't know. But I'm sorry either way. This mission is incredibly dangerous."

Character List
@Takumi as Azura [Fire Emblem]
@mintyy as Azure Kite [.hack]
@Jeremi as Biscuit Krueger [Hunter x Hunter]
@Gummi Bunnies as Blake Dormi [OC]
@Josh as Clark Kent [Smallville]
@Atomic Knight as Cullen Bloodstone [Marvel Comics]
@Indigo Al as Doctor Langa [OC]
@York as Emily Hayes [Amulet]
@Capri as Gentaro Kisaragi [Kamen Rider]
@Crunch as Giorno Giovanna [JoJo's Bizarre Adventure]
@Yun Lee as Jianyu [Street Fighter]
@Lucky as Lucifer Morningstar [Lucifer]
@Alex Azure as Mason Moretti [OC]
@Kaykay as Mebuki Kusunoki [Kusunoki Mebuki is a Hero]
@Space_Candy as Nathan Prescott [Life is Strange]
@Neko Shogun as Senna [Bleach]
@Krieg as Spike Spiegel [Cowboy Bebop]
@Sark as Thaal Sinestro [DC Comics]
@Minerva as Triss Merigold [The Witcher]
@Ver as Touma Kamijou [A Certain Magical Index]​

"I'd second that notion," Biscuit lamented.

"Thirded," Bridgette replied looking over Elliot before ruffling his hair. "So what should we do? Look for something off?" She looked over the area. "Everything looks the same." The group might have to look around to find something useful.

"Maybe there's a reason we were dropped in front of this house among the hundreds of similar-looking ones?" Biscuit said out loud to no one in particular.

@Atomic Knight @Alex Azure @Capri @Crunch @Gummi Bunnies @Indigo Al @Jeremi @Josh @Kaykay @Krieg @Lucky @Minerva @mintyy @Neko Shogun @Sark @Space_Candy @Takumi @Ver @York @Yun Lee

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Ver @Alex Azure @mintyy
@EVERYONE ELSE

Gentaro took Mason's hand and let the UN member act as a crutch.

"I'm gonna be fine. It's just-nnngh! It's just annoying. I want to be investigating! I want to fight these guys! If it wasn't for that giant man in the trenchcoat, I would be joining you all in th-Gah!"

He clutched his side with his free hand, the other wrapped around Mason, and bent over, leaning onto Mason for a little more support. The pain rushed through his leg and into his body. He would use Medical, but he can't use it out of the suit, it's too powerful. He can't use it in the suit either, he can only heal others.

Gentaro wants to help, but he knows that in this state, he can't contribute much.

Even after their move to another setting, Blake hunched over with a coughing fit, barely able to stand up straight. His tech cube on his belt whirred off from the lack of power.

JJZVovx.jpg

❝ Okay... should've remembered that going into overdrive... with the nanomachine tech was... gonna do this to me... ❞ Blake gasped out as he appropriated his standing posture. ❝ Feels like I ran a marathon or something... but I can still move around... it'll wear off soon... I hope... ❞

Taking a good look at the house they were nearest, Blake took into account on what Biscuit said, and an idea did pop up in his head to figure out this next loop's whole story.

❝ You know, probably not the most wise decision to make once we arrive and all, but we need to figure out where we're at, right? ❞ The ravenette glanced around and saw that the inhabitants of this neighborhood didn't seem to find them suspicious at all, prompting for him to take a step towards the nearest house, ❝ Nothing like a little quick skim on the newspaper here to figure out stuff... just gotta do it quick... ❞

@Everyone

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer would roll his eyes and let Blake pick up the newspaper and he took a second to consider their points. " I mean, there is one other thing that we can do," he replied back, knocking on the door to the house.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Everyone

Just as long as there weren't anymore fucking nasty zombies to deal with, Jianyu was fine with this. Better mildly unsettling than full-on horror flick. "Yeah, let's get this over with," she said, staying on standby at a safe distance from the house. Just because the folks here had been friendly, after all the weird looks she got in Columbia she didn't want to take any chances.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Everyone​

Nathan meekly watched as the blonde woman lost her strength, and Claire aging- he raised a brow but he was starting to get used to the strangeness. He put a hand on Elliot's knee in preparation for them being transported again.

He blinked as they arrived at the new location, taking in his surroundings. It was a suburban neighborhood, very cookie-cutter; the type he was familiar with.

His body ached as he stood to his feet, reactively putting a hand to his still bleeding nose as it dripped past his fingers. His eyes flickered to Elliot as the other man spoke to him- asking him if he was hurt.

"Uh, I'm okay- I'm hurt yeah," he said still clutching his nose.

He did he get punched in the face with the impact of an 18-wheeler, he was lucky he was alive.

@Atomic Knight @Everyone

Hj0rH41.jpg

❝ My people skills are not up to snuff compared to my investigating stuff skills. Gimme a break here- ❞

GoLpVpW.png

❝ Wait did you just knock on the door? Just like that? ❞ Blake deadpanned once Lucifer knocked on the door without a moment of warning. He already was in the whole "reaching for the newspaper" act, and to whoever lived here, it was definitely not a way that he wanted to address himself in a place that he had no info about at all.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Lucky
@Everyone

Lucifer Morningstar

"I mean, reading the newspaper might tell us some new info, but we were dropped in front of this house, so it's safe to assume that the one we needed to find is in the house or one of them. So hurry up and read the paper, I get charm for days."

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies

Claire gave Mason a quizzical look. She nodded along with what he said, though the look on her face suggested she was not entirely convinced. "I guess there is always a reason..."

Elliot fidgeted when Bridgette tussled his hair but did not look necessarily displeased. He crossed his arms when Nathan responded to him. "Your nose doesn't look broken to me," he said, leaning in toward the boy. "Maybe if one of these houses has some proper medical supplies, I can fix you up. As it is, all of us are pretty lacking right now."

He exhaled into a sigh. "I'm gonna need you to promise me something, Nathan..."

Suddenly, as if out of nowhere, a white-haired boy appeared next to Lucifer, his arms crossed.

xzNMcw1.png

"Hey."

He then turned to Blake and snatched the newspaper from him before he could reach it.

"
PZXTBHQ.png

"You seriously read these? Nowadays, half of it's boring interest pieces and the other half is about the world ending. Grim stuff, huh?"

Billy let out a choked sound and his eyes went far too wide. "T-Tommy?" he stammered. "Don't tell me this is--"

"Billy, are you suddenly popular and no one told me? That's wild. I'm really happy for you. Seriously." He looked then to Jianyu and gave her a wink. "You're definitely new around here."

Claire just rolled her eyes. "Ugh."

@Takumi @mintyy @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Indigo Al @York @Capri @Crunch @Yun Lee @Lucky @Neko Shogun @Sark @Minerva @Space_Candy @Alex Azure @Krieg @Ver @Josh @Kaykay

Nathan watched as Elliot got closer to his face to examine his nose, for some reason he felt something in his chest when the other man's face was inches from his own.

He glanced as Bridgette as Elliot spoke about plans to fix him up.

"I'm gonna need you to promise me something, Nathan..." the other man continued after a deep sigh.

"What?" Nathan responded, his tone sharper than he intended- a habit he hadn't yet broken.

He looked over at the boy who had just appeared, his eyes flickering back and forth from Elliot to the new face.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Everyone

❝ Yeah, you go do that I guess and I'll... ❞ Blake responded to Lucifer, but soon stopped himself mid-sentence when the homeowner appears before them. Well, this was bound to happen...

Jnp8mKp.png

❝ Uh yeah... stuff in the papers are... uh, something else. That's for sure. ❞ He spoke as naturally as he could. Something about Billy's behavior was giving off signs that there was a whole lot more going on here than it appeared to be. As much as he was unsure on how to approach this, he was definitely sure that his own expertise wouldn't be enough to assist Gentaro as is. Blake was an inventor, not a healer, unfortunately.

@Takumi @mintyy @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Indigo Al @York @Capri @Crunch @Yun Lee @Lucky @Neko Shogun @Sark @Minerva @Space_Candy @Alex Azure @Krieg @Ver @Josh @Kaykay

Lucifer Morningstar

" I am guessing that you know this young man, Billy. You did say his name, I'm not sure that I know much else, but hello Tommy. This town got any doctors that can help some of our friends? Not many of Billy's new friend are good at healing.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone

"I have a boyfriend." Yeah, that was getting shut down right the fuck now. Jianyu looked to Billy, though, considering how he was acting. "Oi. You know this guy?"

@Atomic Knight @Everyone​

Turning his attention away from the scene going on at the moment, Elliot studied Nathan with concern. "Promise me you will stop blindly running into danger."

As Billy, he was a bit at a loss for words. He shook his head carefully. "Tommy is... my sort-of, er--"

"We're twins," Tommy interrupted with a bit of a smirk. He only gave a shrug in response to Jianyu. "But uh, you guys do realize you all look like you've been in some kind of fight? Mind telling me what's going on, Billy?"

Billy gave Gentaro a concerned look. "It's a long story. A long, boring one."

lYhVydq.png

"Yeah?" Tommy crossed his arms. "Are you sure about that? I don't know exactly what you're up to... It's seriously out of character for you to be the troublemaker here."

cCgy5Rg.png

Billy gave Tommy a measured look. "Tommy, is... mom here?"

Tommy shrugged casually once again. "If you're looking for a ride to the hospital, I think you guys are out of luck."

Elliot, feeling that this conversation did not seem entirely right, sought out Emily in the crowd. "Emily, you have healing magic, don't you?"

@Capri @Space_Candy @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Yun Lee @York @Jeremi

View attachment 7125

"Brothers, huh... You sure don't look it. Or act it, for that matter," Touma murmured as the appearance of Tommy seemed to clue everyone in on what kind of world this was now. The boy initially figured that if this was a world familiar to Billy, then this could work to their advantage, but it seemed that not even Billy was entirely familiar with this world himself, as though something was off.

In the meantime, he only gave a weary breath when Tommy commented on the state of how they looked, like they had just been in a fight, which was true, but... "No, I'm fine. I just look like this. In general," he grunted.

Putting two and two together as Billy spoke, Touma leaned in close toward Billy, not entirely wanting Tommy to be privy to their exchange. "Your mom... You think she's connected to the heart of this loop somehow?" He asked, figuring that any mother of two powered kids like them must be pretty powerful herself.

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Lucky @Capri @Jeremi @Alex Azure @Everybody

Turning his attention away from the scene going on at the moment, Elliot studied Nathan with concern. "Promise me you will stop blindly running into danger."

As Billy, he was a bit at a loss for words. He shook his head carefully. "Tommy is... my sort-of, er--"

"We're twins," Tommy interrupted with a bit of a smirk. He only gave a shrug in response to Jianyu. "But uh, you guys do realize you all look like you've been in some kind of fight? Mind telling me what's going on, Billy?"

Billy gave Gentaro a concerned look. "It's a long story. A long, boring one."

lYhVydq.png

"Yeah?" Tommy crossed his arms. "Are you sure about that? I don't know exactly what you're up to... It's seriously out of character for you to be the troublemaker here."

cCgy5Rg.png

Billy gave Tommy a measured look. "Tommy, is... mom here?"

Tommy shrugged casually once again. "If you're looking for a ride to the hospital, I think you guys are out of luck."

Elliot, feeling that this conversation did not seem entirely right, sought out Emily in the crowd. "Emily, you have healing magic, don't you?"

@Capri @Space_Candy @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Yun Lee @York @Jeremi

As the others had been talking to the new arrival Biscuit had gone and checked the name on the mailbox. "Does Maximoff ring any bells for you?"

Suddenly the group could hear a voice from the other side of the door. "Who's at the door, Tommy?" Outstepped a woman with auburn colored hair wearing an outfit that didn't look out of place from the 1950s. Her face shone up when she noticed Billy in the crowd. "Billy!" She came running down to the lawn to give him a hug and a few kisses on his cheek. "What are you doing home from college? Out to surprise your mother?" She bopped him on the nose with her finger. "Color me surprised."

Then she realized the others around her. "And you brought friends! Didn't I say that he was going to get a lot of friends, Tommy? Oh! We need to make more food for dinner now! Come in, come in everybody!" She motioned the others to follow as she ran back into the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back