A Dance in the Moonlight

He nodded then stepped forward to take the chest. "Thank you. Um. What do you want to talk about?" He carried the chest into the kitchen. It seemed right to eat in the kitchen even if his diet had changed.

she followed "Well. Ironing out some details about moving in and all" she said as she took a seat and put her bag on the table, pulling out a new phone paperwork and credit cards, keeping up her end of things thus far

Irie set the cooler on the counter and opened it. The two jas were there as promised. He took one out and felt the cold from the liquid seeping through the glass. Warm was definitely better, but someone who was starving to death could not exactly be picky. He felt a little hungry, but not ravenous like before. He placed it carefully in the refrigerator to keep one for later then opened the other one. How had he drunk this yesterday without making a mess?

"Is anyone surprised you are buying the house you are supposed to be selling?" he asked, licking the rim.

Amara gave a little shrug "happens all the time with rraletors" she said "mostlys surprised I came up with the money I think. had to spin a like about inheritance" she said, once more not seeming bothered about him drinking blood. as long as she wasn't watching him get it from the source. that could be more difficult to watch

"Mhmm. Good way to flip cheap run down houses she shrugged "I'm not skilled enough for that" she explained "best way to get exactly what you want too..working from th3 inside" it was actually pretty easy to talk to him

"Ah...spun a story about an uncle..which I did inherit from him but not that much" she smirked. Half truths went a long way

Irie grinned and downed the last of the blood. "Smart. So, what's next then? Are you moving in now, or do you have to wait for things to be absolutely final?"

"I have to wait for things to be final..I need to get packed and all that too" she said, passing the box with his new phone credit cards and all that

"I thought we should go over some kind of ground rules before I move in"

Irie shrugged. "Seems fair. You feed me this stuff, I don't bite you. I give you privacy and don't try to get you into any kind of trouble, and you don't get me staked. I'll try to find a job, and we'll split the mortgage 50/50."

Amara smirked a little "well yes all that I feel fairly obviouse" she said, leaning back and watching him a moment as she figured out how to say what she wanted to.

"I do respect this is you're home but...It will be mine for awhile too. So...I think it woule be fair to make a few, temporary, changes?"

He glanced around. "Don't see why not. It's already pretty torn apart. What are you thinking? Pink wallpaper? A set of silver manacles? A seance room?"

Amara smiled a little shaking hee head "Not hugely fond of pink. You're safe there" she assured him "but new furniture and perhaps we can sort of split up the rooms. I'll need an office for example and if you work from home you will need a space foe that too...right?"

"Yeah, probably," Irie agreed. "My parents... um, the master suit, I mean, has a walk in closet that I've always thought was big enough to be an office. A small one, but I don't know how much room you'd need. Or you could use the small spare bedroom behind the kitchen." He fiddled with his shirt a little. "Maybe you could just take the downstairs as your area and I could have the upstairs as mine? I won't really need the kitchen since I don't... I don't eat..." He swallowed hard, a dark mass rising within him.

No! No, he could not think of that right now!

"Anyway!" he said, moving on brusquely, "the downstairs area is bigger, so you could have people over and stuff, if you wanted. You know... just... do as you like." He turned and looked out the window, suddenly wishing for solid walls that would not let him see outside. It was nothing but torment. Besides, the windows let in the light. What did he need windows for?

And watched him carefully as he spoke and shifted a little in her seat "well..I don't want you to feel like I'm taking over your home." She explained "so..if you're not comfortable with me taking over that much it's fine. Really"

He shrugged. "I imagine I'll wander around at night, but I do ot know what I would do with it all. Besides... I think I rather owe you a bit more than that."

"You don't owe me much...You're helping me too remember" she said with a smile to assure him.

"How about we keep the living room communal. Get some black out curtains and decorate it to suite both of us" she offered

She smiled again and nodded "it's a plan then. Black out curtains for for all the windows except my room and office...I need the light to work but everything else I don't mind just getting lamps and the like so I can see"

He nodded slowly, thinking. "I need a place to stay during the day. Some place safer than the one I have now," Irie said slowly. He didn't want to tell her about his hole in the kitchen, but she had to know he hid out somewhere. "Some place more... accessable."

"Well like I said. Black out curtains so it will be safe for you anytime" she said "and we can certainly install a door and locks and all that so I can't go up there without your invitation"

Back