A Dance in the Moonlight

"Perfect. Just on my roo door," Irie said in a suddenly cheerful voice. "You wouldn't want to accidentally char me to ash, would you? So locks it is!" He started prowling around the room.

The move went smooth after the paperwork went through. Old furniture moved out. At least thr trashed stuff and new moved in.

Doorlocks installed and black out panels that slid and locked into place over the windows. More effective than curtains though those had been installed more decoratively.

The living room was co op as far as decorating style so it could be a space for both of them. Come evening time Amara was sitting in the living room putting together the tv stand they had picked out.

The black out panels close and ready should he come downstairs.

Irie came down slowly. He'd helped to make all these changes and design choices, but every night when he got up, things were different. He could not be involved in the actual work for a lot of it since movers and delivery men did not work at night, so it was a shock every night. This night, not a lot had changed, at least upstairs, and the heavy curtains remained shut.

He inched down the stairs and paused, staring down at Amara. His chest squeezed strangely as he watched her. If his heart had worked properly, would it be pounding? Feeling even more awkward now he came down the rest of the way.

"Good evening," he said.

Amara looked up from her work screwing the stand together "oh hey!" She smiled brightly. Making a point to be friendly towards him to help ease into the living together "just in time. Come give me a hand with this?"

"Alright. What is this supposed to be? A bookshelf or a stand?" he asked, feeling a little more at ease as he walked down into the living room to join her.

"It's that tv stand we ordered" she reminded "got here just today. Was trying to get it put together before you got up" clearly that had not gone as planned "here hold this in place" she motioned to the end she was trying to both hold together and screw in place

Irie crouched close to Amara and delicately placed his hands around the boards. He expected it to be difficult, but it was surprisingly easy to hold them secure and immovable. He made certain they were straight and properly aleigned. "Okay, I have them." He sniffed. "What is that smell?" He lifted his head and sniffed again curiously. It was incredibly faint, yet now that he was aware of it, it was filling his nose like it was the only scent in existance.

"Uh...not sure what smell you're talking about" she said as she started putting the screws in while he held it "I had a candle burning earlier. Maybe that?"

"No, it's not that." He turned his head as he sniffed, slowly pinpointing the direction. He turned his nose toward Amara. He frowned for a moment then leaned forward and sniffed. "I think it is you that I'm smelling."

Amara glanced up qhen be leaned closer to her, pausing what she was doing "is that..a bad thing?"

He took a long, deep breath. "You smell very good," he purred. He sat back with a little smirk. "Are you about done with this?"

She blushed a little at the way he said it "oh uh...yeah..." she fumbled over her words and looked back at what she was doing "just got to screw the feet on now I think" she daid as she finished the last screw

Irie located the feet and handed two to Amara, taking two himself to screw into the bottom. Two more went into the center, and it was finished. He amused himself for a second with the spinning black cones. "I wonder who came up with the idea of self-assemble furniture?"

"Probably someone tired of doing the work for everyone else and jsut wanting to make a quick buck" she shrugged and put in the other feet "feel like watching a movie?" She could do with some relax time

"Sure. I have not watched a movie in a long time." He stood and flipped the tv stand upright by himself with ease. Since he had "found" a steady diet of blood, his strength was returning! His strength plus some, though he had not yet noticed.

She watched how easily he flipped it "uh right well...why don't you get the tv set up then. I'll make some popcorn...and get you a glass?" Not sure if he was hungry or not or..could he still eat normal food? She hadn't asked that

"A glass would be great, thank you," Irie smiled as he started sorting the wires for the TV. It took him a bit of time, and he quickly turned his focus exclusively to getting all the wires where they were supposed to go.

It didn't take Amara long to make her popcorn and get him a glass of blood. Good that she wasn't phased or grossed out by the fact he drank the stuff. Would make this whole situation harder

He had just gotten the wires properly connected and was getting the movie in and running when Amara came in. "I think I have it," he said without looking around. The opening logo popped up with a soft sound, and he grinned. "I have it! I do believe that is my first time setting up a tv from scratch by myself." He walked over and plopped down at the far end of the couch.

"Really?"she figured everyone would have done something that simple before. "Well since you've been out of the loop for a bit. What's something you'd want to watch" she plopped down on the couch and offered him his glass

Back