New User A New Start

I've read the rules, which basically boils down to make enough noise and you'll get noticed. I can't post much anywhere save for the community threads and I have no interest in the other non roleplaying boards.

If I had to choose, I'd be a Great White Shark. Strong, fast, deadly, and yet so beautiful and elegant. Great Whites are powerful predators and deserve to be respected as such. They are more than the brutish beasts the media likes to protray them as.

Think of it as a way to get to know people or find a few other role players on the site. It is part of getting the account approved and the link gives you plenty of other boards that you can post in to get your account flagged for approval. Just posting in this thread will not get the appropriate attention to get the account approved.

I was thinking of maybe checking out the debates forum, seeing as aside from the community and help forums, it's the only option available to me.

Thank you for taking the time to help me though. What about you? What animal would you be?

Now on to how the approval process works. To get your account approved all new arrivals are required to participate in our introduction forum and must post their own introduction thread, as well as participate in a brief intro period within our community forums. After getting your introduction post up and engaging in a brief period of positive interaction within our community forums (Main Lobby, Writer's Circle, Discussions & Debates, and/or Creative Forums) an administrator will review your account for approval. Note: While everyone is welcome to participate in the live chat, we do not weigh chat activity into the review process.
(Each one of the words with a different color is a link to an area you can post)

There is more than just the discussion & debate and help forum. (We try to offer some variety for members so that it isn't completely obnoxious to try and get approved)

If I had to choose to be an animal I think that I would be a Black Bear. They seem to get away with a lot of stuff cause they look cute and they're not viewed as being quite as dangerous as other bears. Maybe a Polar Bear because they are in even less contact with humans and hunting. Lol. I don't actually know cause then I think of Sea Lions or whales and they start sounding good too.

I've read the rules, which basically boils down to make enough noise and you'll get noticed.

Please be mindful that the guidelines on account approval explicitly explain that this is not the case, nor the way to get approved. It's not about quantity of posts or 'noise'. Making a bunch of random posts WILL get your account moved into the review group because that part is automated, but if the content isn't meaningful or engaging, then the account won't be approved during the review process (which is done manually be an administrator) and gets put back into the unapproved group until it has generated more meaningful interaction within the community forums.

The approval process isn't about meeting some set number of posts, but about showing a willingness to interact with the rest of the community in a positive and engaging manner. We definitely understand not everyone LIKES this process, but as long as some effort is put in, people are typically approved quite quickly.

I personally recommend the Writer's Circle as a great place to hit up. There's a lot of engaging threads there that are roleplay specific that might catch your interest and give you an opportunity to share a bit about your own experiences and roleplay knowledge with fellow writers (even just a couple solid posts in this forum are often times enough to get an account approved). Discussion Forum can also be a good place to hit up if those kind of threads interest you. The worst place to hit is the Main Lobby threads that are just one off answers. Like 'What is your favorite food/video game/song etc' threads. We don't really weigh those kind of threads into the review process because they are by nature not particularly engaging and generally require only a few word replies that don't really tell us anything about the individual or how they interact with others.

Hope this helps, and we hope to see you become a full fledged member of our community soon :)

Please be mindful that the guidelines on account approval explicitly explain that this is not the case, nor the way to get approved. It's not about quantity of posts or 'noise'. Making a bunch of random posts WILL get your account moved into the review group because that part is automated, but if the content isn't meaningful or engaging, then the account won't be approved during the review process (which is done manually be an administrator) and gets put back into the unapproved group until it has generated more meaningful interaction within the community forums.

The approval process isn't about meeting some set number of posts, but about showing a willingness to interact with the rest of the community in a positive and engaging manner. We definitely understand not everyone LIKES this process, but as long as some effort is put in, people are typically approved quite quickly.

I personally recommend the Writer's Circle as a great place to hit up. There's a lot of engaging threads there that are roleplay specific that might catch your interest and give you an opportunity to share a bit about your own experiences and roleplay knowledge with fellow writers (even just a couple solid posts in this forum are often times enough to get an account approved). Discussion Forum can also be a good place to hit up if those kind of threads interest you. The worst place to hit is the Main Lobby threads that are just one off answers. Like 'What is your favorite food/video game/song etc' threads. We don't really weigh those kind of threads into the review process because they are by nature not particularly engaging and generally require only a few word replies that don't really tell us anything about the individual or how they interact with others.

Hope this helps, and we hope to see you become a full fledged member of our community soon :)

I agree with Tiko! Just enjoy your stay here and don't ruin it for you and everybody else by spamming. There is still many things you can do even if you are unapproved.

Back