A Pre - School Roleplay

Sophie sets her milk down and answers the door. It is Grandma Patrice, or Grandma Pat as Billy called her. Sophie says, "Hi Mom, welcome to my humble abode."
Grandma Pat uses her cane to walk over to the couch on which she sits. "Good evening, Sophie. Happy Thanksgiving!"
Sophie went to find the kids and said, " Grandma Pat is here."

Sophie noticed that Gwen was nervous and comforted her, "It's okay dear. Grandma Pat is nice. Plus, sometimes she brings presents for Billy and now, you."
Billy ran into the bathroom, jumping up and down, for he was happy that Grandma Pat had arrived. He said to Gwen.," Should we wait for more guests to arrive or perform for Grandma?"

Billy says, "Okay."
Grandma Pat stands carefully and shakes Gwen's hand. "Nice to meet you dearie. Are you a friend of Billy's?"

Grandma Pat clutches her chest, a motherly love instently overwhelming her. "I'm sorry but I am glad you're part of the family."

Grandma Pat pats the seat next to her, "Happy Thanksgiving. Do you remember your old family?" She winces in case she had made the poor child sad. Billy gets some cider and drinks it. Sophie gets ready for the guests as the children entertain their grandmother.

Grandma Pat pulled the child closer. "Oh, you poor child. We will all show love. Won't we Billy?" She looks up to see Billy drinking cider and smiling with love. "Pour me a glass please too." He listens to his grandma and does as he is told.

Grandma Pat replies, "Please call me Grandma Pat or Grammie. Whicever you choose." Billy finishes his own cider and hands his grandma her own glass of cider. Grandma Pat takes it and says, "Thank you Billy." He smiles and sits on the couch across from his grandma and Gwen,

Gwen smiles, "Thanks Grammie. So anyway, you all look very nice. I can't wait to get to know you all better. I wonder who will sit at the front of the table."

Back