New User And so it begins

AJPhips

A Little Broken
Hi there, I'm AJ!
I'm a 23 year old, chronically ill, woman from Australia. I love to write, animate, draw and sing. I have a degree in film and I'm teaching myself to animate. I used to rp a lot through my teens and more sporadically the last few years but I have missed creating great stories with others so after discovering this site, I'm back!
I'm open to most things but I have a love of fantasy. My chronic illness prevents currently me from working so I have lots of time for writing.

In conclusion, I'm new to this site and would love a friend to write with!

Hello and welcome to the Storyteller's Circle, AJ! I'm The Taleweaver! Nice to meet you!

You seem like a wonderfully creative person! Animation and art have always fascinated me, though unfortunately (or, perhaps, fortunately, depending on who you ask) my skills have always fallen more in line with the writing side of things. I agree with the love for fantasy, and for crafting amazing stories with others! There's nothing quite like watching a character of your creation grow and develop!

Before you go off and get too involved in anything, I'd suggest you read the site rules first thing! That way, you're aware of all the expectations before you dive into one of the many wonderful roleplays going on! I would also familiarize yourself with the staff on hand, such as our boss-lady Demon Goat or our Wardens, such as myself! Speaking of Wardens, they're officially recognized volunteers in the Storyteller's Circle community, and are distinguishable from other members by the light blue tag beneath their name!

After you've read the rules, if you'd like some assistance in selecting a roleplay to participate in, the resident Demon Goat boss-lady Tiko has started an open roleplay recruitment thread to get some of our newbies started right out the gate! You can also check out Chronicles of the Omniverse, the Circle's most popular 'Epic Roleplay'! It is a massive collaborative writing effort with several worlds maintained and managed by the members themselves, with a whopping eight thousand posts so far! And if action's more your scene, the Battle Arena is a great place to brush up on your [T1] sparring skills!

If you're looking to start up or 'DM' a roleplay of your own, you can post an interest check on the community's Bulletin Board, where players seeking a new and exciting world to live in gather! You can also check out the Chat if you'd like some real-time communication with other members!

Of course, I'm also going to shamelessly promote my own group roleplay and 1x1 partner search thread, since I'm here anyway!

I certainly hope to see you around! Welcome again!

Welcome to the Circle! I'll be looking forward to someday RP with you, may it be 1x1 or group.

On a side note, what's with this chronic illness? Sorry for asking, just curious and kinda worried for the well being of another human being. If you don't wanna say it's totally fine.

Thanks DestrxGunnar, I never mind people asking :)
It's a genetic illness called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (hypermobility type) along with associated illnesses like POTs and IBS. Basically means I have chronic pain and fatigue, joint subluxes, gastric issues, super fast heart rate and the like. Not fun but others with this illness have it a lot worse than I do.

Also I'd love to find myself in an rp with you at some point :)

Welcome to the site! Hope to see you around and such, ask away if you got any questions! Cheers. :p

Back