New User Another Noob - My Introduction

Zaveria

Hmm what to say, it's apparent I don't do too well with introductions but here it goes. My real Name is TJ (or Trudie, I just prefer TJ) I'm still just a newborn in the whole roleplay world. No one in my town even knows what roleplay is, I cam across it however on a phone app, and I fell in love with the concept. Only issue was - I could never find a good community where things were constant. I sat my foot down today and looked up a list of best Roleplay sights and Storyteller's Circle was the first to capture my attention

I love my video games - from dabbing in WoW, modding out Skyrim so that I can be a trader to slaying the Archdemond and facing blights. I do play other games, but my heart lies with Fantasy set in an older era. This however can be annoying to me when I want to find book to read - my town is small and we don't have a wide selection of any fantasy, medieval era set books - leaving me to roam Wattpad for some free reads. I also have a love for writing but I'm far to shy to put my name on a piece - I do however like writing under a "shadowname" and sending in my pieces for competitions.

Type of role plays I'm interested in - quiet a wide variety, though I don't do good with futuristic, space journeys and aliens or too modern. Yet again a somewhat Medieval set up wether it be fantasy, romance, action or comedy. I hope to find a bit of a hovel here in the community and to meet a bunch of people with the same interest while living out the adventures I dream about.

Hey there and welcome to Storyteller's Circle :)

Don't worry to none about the introductions, I always hated doing them myself :p The effort is all we ask for. We don't grade you, promise. That said I think your introduction was just fine. Both informative and friendly!

We have a lot of video gamers here so you'll definitely fit right in there, and we fully support all artistic endeavors (especially writing!) which invariable go hand in hand with roleplaying. I would even encourage you to share some of your works in our creative forums, which we have setup just for that purpose.

And we definitely have a ton of players here who share a love of medieval and fantasy roleplays, and we in fact have several currently open and accepting players. If you would like any recommendations, let me know :)

I would love a couple of recommendations - but should I do that on a different forum?
Thanks for the welcome, starting to feel excited xD

Nah, introduction threads aren't just for you to introduce yourself to us, it's for us to introduce ourselves to you! Part of that is also introducing you to roleplays that might interest you :)

We DO have a thread setup in the bulletin board for more specific requests, but I can toss you a few roleplays/GMs here to give you some people to talk shop with.

Let's see... I believe @Almighty.Person.Me is still looking for players for his Last Heroes' Guild roleplay.

@Lazzamore is trying to round up people for some orc mischief, in the Omniverse roleplay (and speaking of Omniverse, I can personally always use fantasy players for numerous regions of the Omniverse).

If you're interested in something a little bit more low fantasy/medieval... I know Equinox is a pretty solid roleplay. I know @Knosis was getting a bit overbooked there for a bit though, so you would want to talk to her to see if they're still taking on new people :)

Tagged all their names so they can pop in here and say hi!

Thanks - sat down and read through all of it and now I have zero idea of where I wanna be - all the stories seem interesting (now my indecisiveness takes over)
Ok I gots to breathe, hmm, I guess I'd need something that would ease me in slowly, figuring out how what works but agh! All the others are so good, there's Equinox sounding more traditional, there's Omniverse and its sandbox style and the orc mischief with action... Well at least I know whichever one I pick I'd like it

You can always chat it up with the GMs a bit before you decide. The success of a roleplay is often hinging on the compatibility of the players more than just the content itself.

Back