• Donation Drive: We're looking to pull in enough donations to cover the server expenses for August and September ($140). Rest assured that the website will remain paid regardless of whether we meet our goal, but things will be financially tight for us until about mid September. Any donations that come in, in the interim, will really help ease things for us. See donation information for further details as well as information about our donation process. Thank you!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yazzie

Member
Destinations had been set and the groups were off. The bus was still outside, as was Janine and Kylie's cars after some quick telekinetic snow shoveling from Dear Lois.

Janine grabbed a few and head to the Hotel while Kylie took another while Janine took those that where heading to 550 Central Park West. Dear Lois meanwhile took the ones heading towards Time Square and the Library with her using her powers to fly through the city leaving Hector and a few others at the library before taking the rest to Time Square. It was time to put an end to this.






Central Park West looked even more ominous then how it looked last night when they arrived in the city. There was still heavy snow on the road but they made it through and stopped at the entrance. It was deathly quiet as they stepped out. "Seems like no one's gotten here yet," Janine replied as she looked towards door. "Considering the looming eye in the sky we can't wait." She grabbed her proton pack from her back and pushed the door open so that they could enter.

As they stepped inside the area looked like any other foyer of a large building. Janine's first instinct was to call for the elevator but considering the lights were out as well meant that the power was down in the entire building. "Oh no," she groaned looking to the stairs. "Seems like we're gonna get a bit of exercise."

@York @CentralParkWest




After their little trip through the sky the library group stood face to face with a large set of stairs in front of them.



It seemed that the area had been barred off but they were on a mission so they couldn't allow that to stop them. As Hector opened the door a large open area welcomed them with lines and lines of books on shelves. "An impressive collection," Hector replied looking around. He conjured up a small fairy that he sent to look through the area. "Considering the scope of the area, I believe my familiar will be of help to find it." For now they could only walk through the library to find something that might send them to the right direction.

@Lucky @MelodyMeister @Library






The parking area was quiet as Kylie pulled up to the entrance. "One of the Ghostbusters first cases happened here. Remind me to introduce you all to Slimer when this is all over." She readied her protonpack. "I don't know how much help you guys will be in case they're ghosts, but if you see the anchor, smash it. I'll try to do cover for you."

Well inside the place opened up to a lavish reception area. No living or undead that they could see. "If I remember correctly last time they were here the ball room on the 12th floor played a big part in it. So it's a good enough place to start at I suppose."

@Yun Lee @Ver @Hotel




As Dear Lois landed in the center of Time Square it was utter pandemonium. Further in the open square the group could see the four Ghostbusters trapped in a battle with several ghosts that seemed to be protecting a large green statue swirling with ethereal energy. "Seems like the Ghostbusters need our help. Come, let's go and destroy that anchor and liberate this city."

@Yazzie @Minerva @TimeSquare​


@Alex Azure @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bark @Takumi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies
Monika couldn't help but frown in slight disappointment when she arrived in Times Square. Instead of exploring the area, they needed to help the Ghostbusters destroy one of those "anchors" everyone was talking about back at the HQ. Monika couldn't help but pout a bit, she wanted to see New York gosh darnit! That's why she choose Times Square to begin with. Still, it seemed more important matters at hand

When Dear Lois suggested they help the Ghostbusters destroy a glowing green statue, Monika nodded slightly before starting to approach the team. However a sudden thought came to her mind and she stopped in her tracks.



"Um...great plan.....only one problem with it though.......I don't have any weapons on me." She said frankly, she could feel her cheeks burning in embarrassment. How could she be so stupid? Why didn't she look for something to defend herself with when they were back at the HQ? She turned towards Li-Ming and smiled awkwardly.



"You don't have a spare weapon by chance, do you?" She asked.

@Minerva

 

Yun Lee

The Sculptor
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Ooh! It was all so ritzy! Grell couldn't be happier to have picked this place. Of course, it would've been perfect had she and Ethan been completely alone, but perhaps this Kylie girl would give them some space.



"A ball room, hm? How utterly glamorous! We should hurry along and slice that anchor into shavings while we still can!" Grell looked around. "We don't have to take stairs all the way up, right? Rich places like this have elevators, even in my world!"

@Jeremi @Ver @Hotel​
 

Bark

Patren X
Cassata had chosen to tag along with the group going to Central Park West. He mostly just wanted to be a filler, joining any of the four groups he thought needed it the most. He glanced up the stairs once they arrived and sighed at Janine's comment, already exhausted at the thought. "Let the motivation of us doing something good push you forward. But not too much, in case there's something dangerous at the top. Can't run from it then." Well, he hoped, anyways.

[URL='https://www.storytellerscircle.com/members/2467/']@York @Jeremi [/URL]​
 

Minerva

South of the Border, West of the Sun
As Dear Lois landed in the center of Time Square it was utter pandemonium. Further in the open square the group could see the four Ghostbusters trapped in a battle with several ghosts that seemed to be protecting a large green statue swirling with ethereal energy. "Seems like the Ghostbusters need our help. Come, let's go and destroy that anchor and liberate this city."

@Yazzie @Minerva @TimeSquare
Monika couldn't help but frown in slight disappointment when she arrived in Times Square. Instead of exploring the area, they needed to help the Ghostbusters destroy one of those "anchors" everyone was talking about back at the HQ. Monika couldn't help but pout a bit, she wanted to see New York gosh darnit! That's why she choose Times Square to begin with. Still, it seemed more important matters at hand

When Dear Lois suggested they help the Ghostbusters destroy a glowing green statue, Monika nodded slightly before starting to approach the team. However a sudden thought came to her mind and she stopped in her tracks.



"Um...great plan.....only one problem with it though.......I don't have any weapons on me." She said frankly, she could feel her cheeks burning in embarrassment. How could she be so stupid? Why didn't she look for something to defend herself with when they were back at the HQ? She turned towards Li-Ming and smiled awkwardly.



"You don't have a spare weapon by chance, do you?" She asked.

@Minerva


Times Square was packed. Or, well, it would be had it not been winter. And being attacked by giant monsters. This was all about to end up on the news, probably.

She looked at Monika. "Oh, sure.” She said, handing Monika a hand crossbow. “I can’t use these. Do you think you can? I have a spare staff and spell book if you’d rather use that.”​
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
Theo Raeken

Okay, maybe Theo had a slightly different motive besides destroying the anchor. The New York Public Library was also home to the original Winnie the Pooh stuff animals, and the one his family had come they had been out for cleaning. " I'm going to look by this table at the entrance," he said, looking for both the Winnie the Pooh Stuffed Animals and any clue where the anchor might be.

@Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Gummi Bunnies @Library
If Theo wanted to find Winnie the Pooh he might have a chance to find them in the children's section as well as directions to a reading room that he could find following a few signs pointing him to the right direction.

Hector meanwhile removed what only seemed to be the hilt of a blade from its scabbard that with a flick of his wrist formed a blade made out of pure energy. He wasn't going to take any chances in case something would attack them.

Penelope meanwhile wouldn't find much of interest as she walked through the bookshelves. As she continued to walk past the bookcases she could have sworn she heard something rattling behind her. Like something was trying to pull out a book.

@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Library




Cassata had chosen to tag along with the group going to Central Park West. He mostly just wanted to be a filler, joining any of the four groups he thought needed it the most. He glanced up the stairs once they arrived and sighed at Janine's comment, already exhausted at the thought. "Let the motivation of us doing something good push you forward. But not too much, in case there's something dangerous at the top. Can't run from it then." Well, he hoped, anyways.

@York @Jeremi
Looking up the stairwell it really seemed like it would go on forever. "Well, let's start walkin'." The first few floors weren't much of a hassle but as they got to the tenth floor fatigue was starting to set in. "Why go to a gym when you can just walk up some stairs," Janine panted the proton pack no doubt adding to it. Just as they walked past the door leading to the 11th floor they started to hear some heavy banging coming from bellow. Using the flashlight to shine down Janine noticed that the stairs were starting to tumble and fall behind them and it was starting to get real close. "Run!" She shouted continuing up the stairs as the banging of falling steps became louder.

@York @Bark @CentralParkWest




Ooh! It was all so ritzy! Grell couldn't be happier to have picked this place. Of course, it would've been perfect had she and Ethan been completely alone, but perhaps this Kylie girl would give them some space.



"A ball room, hm? How utterly glamorous! We should hurry along and slice that anchor into shavings while we still can!" Grell looked around. "We don't have to take stairs all the way up, right? Rich places like this have elevators, even in my world!"

@Jeremi @Ver @Hotel
Sure enough a bit further in they could see a row of three elevators waiting for them. "Better hurry then." Kylie went up to the button to call one of them down and soon enough a ding indicated its arrival as the door in front of them opened up. Nothing weird here, just a very fancy looking elevator.

Stepping inside she'd press the button that would get them up to the 12th floor. Just as the elevator went past the 10th floor the lights flickered and it screech to a halt. "...This isn't good."

@Ver @Yun Lee @Hotel



Times Square was packed. Or, well, it would be had it not been winter. And being attacked by giant monsters. This was all about to end up on the news, probably.

She looked at Monika. "Oh, sure.” She said, handing Monika a hand crossbow. “I can’t use these. Do you think you can? I have a spare staff and spell book if you’d rather use that.

"While I don't know how useful that crossbow will be towards ghosts,"
Dear Lois replied pointing towards the sky. "But perhaps it will be of use against those."

Stone gargoyles that usually stand perched on top of old buildings would swoop down towards the group in an attempt to get a swipe at them with their claws. It seemed the battlefield that was Time Square was going to intensify further.

@Yazzie @Minerva @TimeSquare

@Alex Azure @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Crow
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Forum Moderator: Convergence Series
The Convergence Series GM


"Oh, fuck me... Nothing's ever simple when it needs to be the most, huh?" Ethan grunted as the elevator they were all in came to a stop. Indeed, Ethan wasn't so far behind in history that elevators were a mystery to him, but he figured that at least at this point in the future, he wouldn't have to worry about them being so fragile still. Of course, it couldn't be helped if it was... out of the hands of the technology.

Like someone or something trying to stop them.

"Let's see what we can do from here then," he said, taking the initiative and stepping forward, sticking his fingers between the elevator doors and attempting to pry them open himself.

"The future, from where I'm standing, doesn't seem so bright. World of tomorrow my foot...!"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Hotel
 

Sleepwalker

Still Slep
.....What the heck. How were they meant to find a time anchor in a place this big! Even her own library, which was so big that it needed a sprial staircase, which was conpletely unheard of normally. She sweared, if it turns out that the time anchor was a BOOK....Uh, she actually wasn't going to do anything. She'll just be pissed. So uh...great. She had to search in this large building. And there were so many spaces the time anchor could be.

Well, she better get started. Heading the opposite direction to Penelope, she brushed her hands over the books, and skimmed through to see if any book was of interest while she walked the opposite direction to Penelope. She yelled out, trying to get someone to hear despite Hazel being pretty far away.

She didn't think that there was anyone besides them.
"HEY! Does anyone have any idea what the time anchor IS?! A book!? A shining anchor!?"
@Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Library​
 

Yazzie

Member




Times Square was packed. Or, well, it would be had it not been winter. And being attacked by giant monsters. This was all about to end up on the news, probably.

She looked at Monika. "Oh, sure.” She said, handing Monika a hand crossbow. “I can’t use these. Do you think you can? I have a spare staff and spell book if you’d rather use that.”​
Monika took the crossbow in her hands and studied it closely, it was good to actually have something to defend herself with. "I think this'll work just fine." She responded.
If Theo wanted to find Winnie the Pooh he might have a chance to find them in the children's section as well as directions to a reading room that he could find following a few signs pointing him to the right direction.

Hector meanwhile removed what only seemed to be the hilt of a blade from its scabbard that with a flick of his wrist formed a blade made out of pure energy. He wasn't going to take any chances in case something would attack them.

Penelope meanwhile wouldn't find much of interest as she walked through the bookshelves. As she continued to walk past the bookcases she could have sworn she heard something rattling behind her. Like something was trying to pull out a book.

@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Library






Looking up the stairwell it really seemed like it would go on forever. "Well, let's start walkin'." The first few floors weren't much of a hassle but as they got to the tenth floor fatigue was starting to set in. "Why go to a gym when you can just walk up some stairs," Janine panted the proton pack no doubt adding to it. Just as they walked past the door leading to the 11th floor they started to hear some heavy banging coming from bellow. Using the flashlight to shine down Janine noticed that the stairs were starting to tumble and fall behind them and it was starting to get real close. "Run!" She shouted continuing up the stairs as the banging of falling steps became louder.

@York @Bark @CentralParkWest






Sure enough a bit further in they could see a row of three elevators waiting for them. "Better hurry then." Kylie went up to the button to call one of them down and soon enough a ding indicated its arrival as the door in front of them opened up. Nothing weird here, just a very fancy looking elevator.

Stepping inside she'd press the button that would get them up to the 12th floor. Just as the elevator went past the 10th floor the lights flickered and it screech to a halt. "...This isn't good."

@Ver @Yun Lee @Hotel



"While I don't know how useful that crossbow will be towards ghosts,"
Dear Lois replied pointing towards the sky. "But perhaps it will be of use against those."

Stone gargoyles that usually stand perched on top of old buildings would swoop down towards the group in an attempt to get a swipe at them with their claws. It seemed the battlefield that was Time Square was going to intensify further.

@Yazzie @Minerva @TimeSquare

@Alex Azure @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Crow
Monika looked into the sky and noticed the gargoyles attacking from above. Her adrenaline kicked as she scrambled to get out of their way, taking a few shots at the creatures as she retreated to safety.
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
Ooh! It was all so ritzy! Grell couldn't be happier to have picked this place. Of course, it would've been perfect had she and Ethan been completely alone, but perhaps this Kylie girl would give them some space.



"A ball room, hm? How utterly glamorous! We should hurry along and slice that anchor into shavings while we still can!" Grell looked around. "We don't have to take stairs all the way up, right? Rich places like this have elevators, even in my world!"

@Jeremi @Ver @Hotel​


"Oh, fuck me... Nothing's ever simple when it needs to be the most, huh?" Ethan grunted as the elevator they were all in came to a stop. Indeed, Ethan wasn't so far behind in history that elevators were a mystery to him, but he figured that at least at this point in the future, he wouldn't have to worry about them being so fragile still. Of course, it couldn't be helped if it was... out of the hands of the technology.

Like someone or something trying to stop them.

"Let's see what we can do from here then," he said, taking the initiative and stepping forward, sticking his fingers between the elevator doors and attempting to pry them open himself.

"The future, from where I'm standing, doesn't seem so bright. World of tomorrow my foot...!"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Hotel
If Theo wanted to find Winnie the Pooh he might have a chance to find them in the children's section as well as directions to a reading room that he could find following a few signs pointing him to the right direction.

Hector meanwhile removed what only seemed to be the hilt of a blade from its scabbard that with a flick of his wrist formed a blade made out of pure energy. He wasn't going to take any chances in case something would attack them.

Penelope meanwhile wouldn't find much of interest as she walked through the bookshelves. As she continued to walk past the bookcases she could have sworn she heard something rattling behind her. Like something was trying to pull out a book.

@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Library






Looking up the stairwell it really seemed like it would go on forever. "Well, let's start walkin'." The first few floors weren't much of a hassle but as they got to the tenth floor fatigue was starting to set in. "Why go to a gym when you can just walk up some stairs," Janine panted the proton pack no doubt adding to it. Just as they walked past the door leading to the 11th floor they started to hear some heavy banging coming from bellow. Using the flashlight to shine down Janine noticed that the stairs were starting to tumble and fall behind them and it was starting to get real close. "Run!" She shouted continuing up the stairs as the banging of falling steps became louder.

@York @Bark @CentralParkWest






Sure enough a bit further in they could see a row of three elevators waiting for them. "Better hurry then." Kylie went up to the button to call one of them down and soon enough a ding indicated its arrival as the door in front of them opened up. Nothing weird here, just a very fancy looking elevator.

Stepping inside she'd press the button that would get them up to the 12th floor. Just as the elevator went past the 10th floor the lights flickered and it screech to a halt. "...This isn't good."

@Ver @Yun Lee @Hotel



"While I don't know how useful that crossbow will be towards ghosts,"
Dear Lois replied pointing towards the sky. "But perhaps it will be of use against those."

Stone gargoyles that usually stand perched on top of old buildings would swoop down towards the group in an attempt to get a swipe at them with their claws. It seemed the battlefield that was Time Square was going to intensify further.

@Yazzie @Minerva @TimeSquare

@Alex Azure @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Takumi @Crow
Serenity, who had traveled with the group in spirit form due to Presence Concealment, appeared in a corner once the elevator stopped. She wasn't very knowledgeable on these things, as those at Chaldea spoke about them briefly, though she couldn't remember of Chaldea even had any of them-

Taking one of her blades, she carefully leaned in near Ethan and wedged it between the doors, using her other hand to pull to try and help Ethan open the elevator door.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Hotel
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM


"Oh, fuck me... Nothing's ever simple when it needs to be the most, huh?" Ethan grunted as the elevator they were all in came to a stop. Indeed, Ethan wasn't so far behind in history that elevators were a mystery to him, but he figured that at least at this point in the future, he wouldn't have to worry about them being so fragile still. Of course, it couldn't be helped if it was... out of the hands of the technology.

Like someone or something trying to stop them.

"Let's see what we can do from here then," he said, taking the initiative and stepping forward, sticking his fingers between the elevator doors and attempting to pry them open himself.

"The future, from where I'm standing, doesn't seem so bright. World of tomorrow my foot...!"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Hotel
Serenity, who had traveled with the group in spirit form due to Presence Concealment, appeared in a corner once the elevator stopped. She wasn't very knowledgeable on these things, as those at Chaldea spoke about them briefly, though she couldn't remember of Chaldea even had any of them-

Taking one of her blades, she carefully leaned in near Ethan and wedged it between the doors, using her other hand to pull to try and help Ethan open the elevator door.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Hotel
Kylie wasn't going to question where Serenity had shown up and instead went to help pry the doors open to the elevator. As the final person stepped out the elevator doors snapped shut, any attempt in using the elevator seemed to be a bust. Even so they now seemed to standing in a corridor that seemed to split up every other way, no unlike a maze. "Best bet is to find a sign or something that should help us. The stairs can't be too far from the elevators, right?"

Sure enough on the wall they could see a sign showing them where the stairs were. Looked like they'd have to go down the left corridor to find them.

@Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi @Hotel




.....What the heck. How were they meant to find a time anchor in a place this big! Even her own library, which was so big that it needed a sprial staircase, which was conpletely unheard of normally. She sweared, if it turns out that the time anchor was a BOOK....Uh, she actually wasn't going to do anything. She'll just be pissed. So uh...great. She had to search in this large building. And there were so many spaces the time anchor could be.

Well, she better get started. Heading the opposite direction to Penelope, she brushed her hands over the books, and skimmed through to see if any book was of interest while she walked the opposite direction to Penelope. She yelled out, trying to get someone to hear despite Hazel being pretty far away.

She didn't think that there was anyone besides them.
"HEY! Does anyone have any idea what the time anchor IS?! A book!? A shining anchor!?"
@Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Library​

"We do not!"
She heard Hector shouting from some where near here. "But I imagine we will know when we see it!" As she continued on looking through the books she could have sworn that she heard a rumbling coming from the bookshelf behind her. It seemed to be getting louder as well.

@MelodyMeister @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Library




Monika took the crossbow in her hands and studied it closely, it was good to actually have something to defend herself with. "I think this'll work just fine." She responded.

Monika looked into the sky and noticed the gargoyles attacking from above. Her adrenaline kicked as she scrambled to get out of their way, taking a few shots at the creatures as she retreated to safety.
Monika actually managed to hit one of them causing one of the arrows to lodge itself into its wing causing it to spiral out of control and crashing to the ground. The others came up close and swooped down trying to slash at the group with their sharp stone claws.


@Yazzie @Minerva @TimeSquare

@Alex Azure @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow
 

York

Just a newbie...
.....Okay, to be honest, Hazel wanted the gun. She's heard of one, but since where she lived, guns were very much unneeded, and in fact, illegal, Hazel herself never saw one. Much less used one. Still, the weapon she got was no ordinary kitchen knife. Pressing the button to cause the blade to come out, Hazel swung it around a little recklessly, and smiled. It felt good to hold it, and to now hold actual power instead of having nothing but bravado? Hazel went back to being confident, and arrogant.

"Thanks! This looks greattt!"

Although she was busy swinging around her new weapon, Hazel heard what Janine and Kylie were saying, and thought about it. Uh...well...where she lived, there wasn't really a Times Square, nor a numbered street, and she had no idea what a hotel was. When she did her newspaper deliveries, it was always just 'Oh, just put it on the doors of the Black Complex, and then on the police station doors.'. What was this nonsense with numbers? There was one thing that she recognised though: The New York Library. After all, Hazel's own town had a library, and that meant she knew that a library actually was.

Turning around, Hazel put her hand on her hip, and smiled gleefully.
"I'm going to the New York Library to stab this time anchor thing! Anyone want to come with me-us?"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Library
Destinations had been set and the groups were off. The bus was still outside, as was Janine and Kylie's cars after some quick telekinetic snow shoveling from Dear Lois.

Janine grabbed a few and head to the Hotel while Kylie took another while Janine took those that where heading to 550 Central Park West. Dear Lois meanwhile took the ones heading towards Time Square and the Library with her using her powers to fly through the city leaving Hector and a few others at the library before taking the rest to Time Square. It was time to put an end to this.






Central Park West looked even more ominous then how it looked last night when they arrived in the city. There was still heavy snow on the road but they made it through and stopped at the entrance. It was deathly quiet as they stepped out. "Seems like no one's gotten here yet," Janine replied as she looked towards door. "Considering the looming eye in the sky we can't wait." She grabbed her proton pack from her back and pushed the door open so that they could enter.

As they stepped inside the area looked like any other foyer of a large building. Janine's first instinct was to call for the elevator but considering the lights were out as well meant that the power was down in the entire building. "Oh no," she groaned looking to the stairs. "Seems like we're gonna get a bit of exercise."

@York @CentralParkWest




After their little trip through the sky the library group stood face to face with a large set of stairs in front of them.



It seemed that the area had been barred off but they were on a mission so they couldn't allow that to stop them. As Hector opened the door a large open area welcomed them with lines and lines of books on shelves. "An impressive collection," Hector replied looking around. He conjured up a small fairy that he sent to look through the area. "Considering the scope of the area, I believe my familiar will be of help to find it." For now they could only walk through the library to find something that might send them to the right direction.

@Lucky @MelodyMeister @Library






The parking area was quiet as Kylie pulled up to the entrance. "One of the Ghostbusters first cases happened here. Remind me to introduce you all to Slimer when this is all over." She readied her protonpack. "I don't know how much help you guys will be in case they're ghosts, but if you see the anchor, smash it. I'll try to do cover for you."

Well inside the place opened up to a lavish reception area. No living or undead that they could see. "If I remember correctly last time they were here the ball room on the 12th floor played a big part in it. So it's a good enough place to start at I suppose."

@Yun Lee @Ver @Hotel




As Dear Lois landed in the center of Time Square it was utter pandemonium. Further in the open square the group could see the four Ghostbusters trapped in a battle with several ghosts that seemed to be protecting a large green statue swirling with ethereal energy. "Seems like the Ghostbusters need our help. Come, let's go and destroy that anchor and liberate this city."

@Yazzie @Minerva @TimeSquare​


@Alex Azure @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bark @Takumi @Crow @Gummi Bunnies
Simon Henriksson
@Jeremi @Crow (?)
@CentralParkWest

Aside from Janine, Simon wasn't sure who else had headed to the apartments that he had decided to go for. All the same, even if he was down one knife, he was keeping his calm. Although he too groaned a little seeing the stairs awaiting him.

Running up them would most certainly result in him tripping, so for the time being, he had to be carefull.

"We... We'll be fine..." He said quietly, as if to convince himself.

Carefully, he took out his cell phone from his bag, turning on its flash-light as he carefully aimed his gun with his other hand.

This wasn't too unlike his experiences in some of his dreams, especially when he had to return to that damned apartment building, but since they were just here for an anchor... Rather than for a fuse that he had to go through something like hell for, perhaps he could manage.​
 

Lucky

But We Were Happy
Theo Raeken

As much as Theo wanted to find the Winnie the Pooh stuffed animals that he had missed, his sensitive ears kept picking up the rumbling and with a heavy sigh of knowing that he couldn't just abandoned the group would follow to the source of the rumblings that everyone would be hearing.

@Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Gummi Bunnies
 

Yun Lee

The Sculptor
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Ugh, they had to use the stairs? So, even after 100 years, mortal technology still hadn't gotten to Reaper level...oh, well. Grell decided to take it in stride as she started left. "Just two floors away...are all the anchors up on high places like this?"

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Hotel​
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Forum Moderator: Convergence Series
The Convergence Series GM


"Well, at least with stairs, they can't malfunction. I'm sure glad you all decided to keep those around," Ethan said facetiously as he began walking down the corridor, keeping his guard up despite his words, keeping in front. As he walked, he gazed back toward Serenity, giving a nod.

"Stay behind me. And don't go sneaking up on me, alright, kid?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Hotel
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
Simon Henriksson
@Jeremi @Crow (?)
@CentralParkWest

Aside from Janine, Simon wasn't sure who else had headed to the apartments that he had decided to go for. All the same, even if he was down one knife, he was keeping his calm. Although he too groaned a little seeing the stairs awaiting him.

Running up them would most certainly result in him tripping, so for the time being, he had to be carefull.

"We... We'll be fine..." He said quietly, as if to convince himself.

Carefully, he took out his cell phone from his bag, turning on its flash-light as he carefully aimed his gun with his other hand.

This wasn't too unlike his experiences in some of his dreams, especially when he had to return to that damned apartment building, but since they were just here for an anchor... Rather than for a fuse that he had to go through something like hell for, perhaps he could manage.​
The stairs falling were coming ever closer but suddenly Janine saw the sign. "The door! Hurry!" Just barely they managed to get through the door as the steps tumbled down behind them, leaving their trip down in question. "Let me just...catch my breath..." Janine gasped as she slumped down in the corridor. Seemed like they were really close to reaching the roof now at least.

@York @Bark @CentralParkWest




Theo Raeken

As much as Theo wanted to find the Winnie the Pooh stuffed animals that he had missed, his sensitive ears kept picking up the rumbling and with a heavy sigh of knowing that he couldn't just abandoned the group would follow to the source of the rumblings that everyone would be hearing.

@Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Gummi Bunnies

It was true everyone was starting to hear the rumbling coming from the bookshelf. "What in the world?" Like a grenade went off the books erupted from the bookshelves all around them before gathering in one spot as a shape started to take form.



Soon a lumbering creature formed out of books stood before them ready to attack as it slammed its fists to the floor.

@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Library​




Ugh, they had to use the stairs? So, even after 100 years, mortal technology still hadn't gotten to Reaper level...oh, well. Grell decided to take it in stride as she started left. "Just two floors away...are all the anchors up on high places like this?"

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Hotel​


"Well, at least with stairs, they can't malfunction. I'm sure glad you all decided to keep those around," Ethan said facetiously as he began walking down the corridor, keeping his guard up despite his words, keeping in front. As he walked, he gazed back toward Serenity, giving a nod.

"Stay behind me. And don't go sneaking up on me, alright, kid?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Hotel
"Maybe the higher up they are the better the reception? I can't really say." Either way the trip through the stairs up to the 12th floor went on with out a problem, until they opened the door to the 12th floor and the other side was blocked by a massive cobweb. "...Well this isn't good."

@Yun Lee @Ver @Takumo @Hotel
 

Bark

Patren X
Cassata huffed as they managed up the stairs and through the door, resting his hands on his knees for a moment. Ever the wary, he clutched his weapon and peeked down the corridor, making sure it was safe for them to breath. "I hope... we don't need.. to run anymore..."

@Jeremi @York
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club


"Well, at least with stairs, they can't malfunction. I'm sure glad you all decided to keep those around," Ethan said facetiously as he began walking down the corridor, keeping his guard up despite his words, keeping in front. As he walked, he gazed back toward Serenity, giving a nod.

"Stay behind me. And don't go sneaking up on me, alright, kid?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Hotel
"Understood." Serenity nodded in return as she followed after Ethan and the others towards the stairs. She kept her dagger in hand, three others appearing in her other hand at her side.

The stairs falling were coming ever closer but suddenly Janine saw the sign. "The door! Hurry!" Just barely they managed to get through the door as the steps tumbled down behind them, leaving their trip down in question. "Let me just...catch my breath..." Janine gasped as she slumped down in the corridor. Seemed like they were really close to reaching the roof now at least.

@York @Bark @CentralParkWest






It was true everyone was starting to hear the rumbling coming from the bookshelf. "What in the world?" Like a grenade went off the books erupted from the bookshelves all around them before gathering in one spot as a shape started to take form.



Soon a lumbering creature formed out of books stood before them ready to attack as it slammed its fists to the floor.

@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Library​







"Maybe the higher up they are the better the reception? I can't really say." Either way the trip through the stairs up to the 12th floor went on with out a problem, until they opened the door to the 12th floor and the other side was blocked by a massive cobweb. "...Well this isn't good."

@Yun Lee @Ver @Takumo @Hotel
Seeing the cobweb put Serenity on high alert, her head tilting upwards to check the ceiling just in case their potential foe was up there.

"No, not good at all." She spoke in response to Kylie.

@Jeremi @Ver @Yun Lee @Hotel? Trivago
 

Sleepwalker

Still Slep
Hazel held her breath, as she heard something behind her. She heard Hector's shout from afar, and she went the opposite to Penelope so...there was a fourth person. That couldn't do. Hazel gripped her switchblade and took a deep, quick breath. She held her blade to her chest, and directed it to the front.

She turned around. Holy crap.

Hazel nearly dropped her switchblade, but gripped it hardly to the point of her knuckles turning white. Sure, the blade may not help against THAT, but she couldn't afford to lose her defense. So she did what she did. She ran to the others, and as far as away as she could from that...thing.

"Hey! Henry! G-get your lava monster thing!"

Meanwhile, Hazel herself looked around for anything that she could use. Lighter, sword, matches, fire extinguisher? She didn't care, as long as it was better then a small switchblade to defend herself.
@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Library​
 

Lucky

But We Were Happy
Theo Raeken

Theo looked at the giant lumbering pile of books and blinked twice before deciding to make a comment. " I'm assuming that the result of our ghostly friend who really wants to summon his master. So, question, do you think the beacon is a part of that pile of books or just an enemy to finding the beacon?" He asked, looking for any sign of a weapon against books. He didn't think his claws would be helpful here.

@MelodyMeister @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Library
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Forum Moderator: Convergence Series
The Convergence Series GM


"Well, then. I don't suppose anyone here has a lighter or anything like that? If not, I suppose we could just cut through it," Ethan sighed, clicking his tongue initially in mild irritation at the inconvenient obstacle put in their way, no doubt placed there to slow them down, before looking back and nodding toward Serenity and Grell.

Despite hinting that their weapons might be a good way to slice through the cobweb, Ethan stepped forward first and put his hand on the barrier, pressing his palm against it to see just how tough it might have actually been.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Everybody
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top