Aorki's School for the Especially Gifted

Blanche gave a full mega-watt smile to Harrison, but he didn't seem to respond. "Nice to meet you, Harrison!" She said cheerily. Her hand stayed in the air for a moment, before she returned it to her lap, where the bag of chalks was being cradled by her open palm. Not feeling deterred - or at least, not showing it - she cleared her throat again. "So, have you been here before? It's my first year, really, I'm a bit clueless to all of this!" She laughed lightheartedly, though part of the worry may have slipped out at the end.

@Beebasaur

Jennifer giggled a bit but her response was stopped when she realised that most of the other students had disappeared already. “Ved du- excuse me, do you know where we are supposed to be going?” She asked, glancing around her smile taking on a more nervous look. She couldn’t be late for this, not on the first day of school!

Harrison glanced back at Blanche, confused to why she kept talking to him, but he stayed silent instead just giving a small nod in answer to her question. He was actually kind of surprised that she kept talking even though he made it very clear he had no plans of responding.

@Ver @will30358

The sting was so bad that it immediately crushed his ego. For only a second however. It was probably not Eugene's own fault that the lady blew him off, it was probably that new guy that butted in. Obviously there was room for only one alpha male, and last time Eugene checked, this 'Maxster' didn't even have a poisonous tongue. Not that he was going to check...at least not right now. Still with that horrid nickname and this obvious threat to his alpha position talking his ears off, Eugene simply gives Max a hard punch on the shoulder before continuing the pursuit of the pretty lady.

On the bus, Eugene skulked about and used his moth hairs to find exactly where this lady was sitting. Without warning, the mutant claims his seat next to the nice smelling lady and tried to bounce back from last time.

"Ok, ok. You didn't like that moth line. I understand, probably not an insect person. But know what, lets start out on the right foot. Name's Eugene. Probably haven't heard of me, but luckily you don't need to, cause if you're looking for a guy to be the best partner ever, then look no further then Eugene Holtz. Why? Cause I got a venom that can drop a man in 10 seconds. Also I got a pet amphibian. So I'm good with kids."

Luna started to run to where Jaime had head off, beckoning for Jennifer to follow. "Mr. Jaime just left to take us to the corridor. We should hurry, or else we'll definitely be late, Jen!" Picking up speed, Luna dashed in the snow, following Jaime. This is a new year. A year to prove myself to the world that I belong here. A year when I'll have a lot of fun with friends and teachers... this will be exciting.
Luna always loved school - it was a joy to go here, where she felt she could prove herself. The teachers were usually cool, and the students weren't always jerks. Luna hoped that Jennifer would like it to.
----
Max smirked, taking the punch and rolling his eyes when he saw Eugene chase after the beautiful figure. "Tch, don't hate, tryhard," he said as Eugene left. Now... Max had one goal - saying hi to good ol' Uncle Jamie! He followed the trail of a red-haired girl and traveled in the snow with her, speeding up in order to pass the girl and catch up to Jaime... but not before winking at her and blowing her a kiss (which caused her to stop and mutter something that sounded like Boys...). At the moment, Max didn't care - he just wanted to see his good ol' Jaime.

As Eugene sat down next to Kylie upon spotting her, the blonde girl let out a soft sigh. She figured that was on her for deciding to sit alone, but she didn't really have many people willing to sit next to her. Probably the closest she had to a friend was Luna, but... Well, she wasn't exactly here right now, so here Kylie was in this predicament. Was this what they called "reaping what she sowed," or just an opportunity that she wasn't particularly interested in pursuing? Either way, she was practically trapped against the wall like this, and could do nothing but to just keep listening to him.

She gave a glare to the persistent boy, a sidelong glance that communicated an air of irritation, but she wondered if that went over his head. Crossing her legs and folding her arms, as though closing herself off, Kylie's expression remained blank to her best efforts, hardly fazed from his words building himself up. The girl didn't particularly care for arrogance; it wasn't very practical in her opinion for him to tell when he had the opportunity to show come the exercise soon. No use in barking before you showed someone your bite, the way Kylie saw it at least.

Kylie didn't even respond to Eugene at first, remaining silent for a few seconds after he finished talking as she looked around the bus, but to her mild(?) dismay, it seemed that everyone else was rather content with whoever they were with, which left her with... him. Of course it did.

Running a hand through her long hair, she looked over at him and finally spoke. "Look, if you want to be my partner so badly, then fine, go ahead," she said with a resigned wave, "People aren't exactly lining up anyway, so do as you will. Just don't get in my way, bug boy."

@ChelonianCommander

Victor

Victor had returned from summer vacation and was sitting in the bus patiently waiting for them to continue with things, when a girl next to him said something. Looking over at her he tilted his head, 'Maroe' why did that name sound familiar. Because we've met her before, back in England, she got a scholarship and came touring music halls. The voice was that of his counterpart within him, Jonathan. Now Victor remembered, his family had hosted a few of the people that came. And he had gotten to meet her on a few occasions.
"Victor. A pleasure," he said holding out his hand, and having to confirm his suspicion he asked, "If I may ask, years ago did you stay at Aizen Manor in England while on a scholarship? Because you look very familiar and even your name strikes a chord in my mind."

@aryamajor

Konstantin

Following behind his sister, he had simply nodded at her message. All these people made him uneasy, the most normal thing to him was the snow, which actually made him more comfortable.
When their guide shifted into a large lynx and ran off leaving them, Konstantin got worried. What's going on? Is this some kind of test, he asked his sister while giving her a look. This was not what he expected and was readying his power just in case something happened. He also felt something odd coming from a girl behind him, and it intrigued him.

@Ailis @TheGreenerGrey

The Really Late Prologue
Clive was fiddling with the remains of the chicken that he had taken for breakfast, Not particularly liking school, he groaned as he heard this Mr Carthan tell them to get on the bus. He took a deep breath and his calm composure returned, not so much his composure as is his calm and kindly persona. As he stood up, he straightened his back and put his hands in front of him together, there was this look to him, that just made him look a bit more posher than others. He realised he was very far behind the others due to fixing up his appearance and ran for it, barely making it to the bus and as he got on he bowed and apologised.
"Um..I'm very sorry for my lateness, Mister Carthan. I shall take a seat now, is that fine?"
Clive got back up again and walked over to an empty seat, where at first he looked like he sat down and kept his act going, but after a bit, he dropped down and took deep breaths. His physical education clearly wasn't the best, but he got up and looked at the seat in front of him. It was seated by someone, Eugene and Kylie.
"Oh hello, Kylie and..What's your name?. Anyways, How do you two do? My name is Clive, Clive Li. I am a excellent cook, so if you want some food, you can ask me."
He introduced himself politely, more so to Eugene since he doesn't know the guy.
@Ver @ChelonianCommander

Last edited:
@Ver

"Awesome! Wait....you regec-...I mean yeah awesome! You won't regret a thing....not unless you want me to like....not be awesome, cause I'm always awesome and umm..." Eugene quickly ran out of steam and began to get rather tongue tied. "And don't worry about me getting in your way, cause I'm great at making sure people don't not own up to the mistakes they uh....make? And...umm....and uhh....yeah I'll...umm stop uhh stop rambling now....so you said your name was?" He asks the lady.

Last edited:
Alishar did his best to keep up with the Dang Gym teacher, but of course he wasn’t human! Well yes he was a mutant but he wasn’t expecting a mutant that turned into something else! Well somewhat he could relate, but he didn’t show any signs of being an animal other than his grace, but that could be said about many people.

He tried to keep up as long as possible, then turned the last corner he had seen him go around and he was gone. There was multiple ways to go. He checked the floor for wet paw pads to follow, at least until it go dry and found himself down a branching Corridor. He’d heard it was a huge Tower, ok maybe not heard, but Mentally informed, however inside the building with a ceiling he wouldn’t be able to pin point where it was or to which way to go. Which was a condrum in and of its self. He sighed, if he could find a staff member informed of the orientation plan, this would be a cinch, but so far he didn’t even see the other students, great he’d been Mislead , or everyone was behind, or in front or had gone. Another way. Wonderful...

Kylie was ready to give Eugene another tired, sidelong glance, but instead she found herself raising an eyebrow at his sudden loss of composure (she wouldn't exactly describe him as "cool" before, but he's certainly different now). It almost came close to garnering an amused breath from Kylie, but not quite. Keeping her legs and arms crossed, Kylie let out a short breath.

"Kylie. Kylie Heidrich. Don't wear it out," she said curtly, finally introducing herself to Eugene. The blonde figured that he was owed at least what she was called, especially if they were... going to be paired up now, for better or for worse.

When Clive appeared before them, her old acquaintance (she avoided the word "friend" because she wondered if that would even be accurate, but at least she was on somewhat positive terms with him), she just gave a wave. "Yo," she said, "I guess I'm the same as always. Take that as you will."

A part of Kylie wished that he'd shown up sooner so he could have been her partner, but then again... Well, as lovely as the power of producing food was for day-to-day purposes (especially as a struggling student of the culinary arts, or at least, that was how Kylie saw herself), it was probably less than practical for a combat exercise, or wherever they were headed to on the bus.

@ChelonianCommander @MelodyMeister

Clive looked at Kylie a bit longer, before he remembered what Mr Carthan said before, a fighting exercise. He groaned slightly when he realised just what his limits are, sure he's a good fighter and a brutal one at that, but turning stuff into food isn't really the best power, if only he had some hidden powers or something like that. But he cleared his throat and said,
"Ah, same as always huh? Who's that guy next to you by the way, I've never seen him. On the serious note, I am worried about how I'll do in the practice, I'm not a lover, but I'm not a fighter either. I can't think up of a strategy except poisoning my opponent's tea."
Well, he wasn't that worried since he didn't care about the fighting, but it would be nice to win.
@Ver @ChelonianCommander

@Ver @MelodyMeister

"So.....Kylie, Kylie. Yeah simple enough to remember. Not gonna lie, totally worried that you were gonna have a name that I was going to botch like....all the time you know. Nothing more awkward then screwing up a girl's name." He replied before turning to the new guy. "So you're a friend of Kylie right? Well a friend of Kylie is a friend of mine. And don't worry about poisoning people's tea. I am totally the best at poisoning people's tea. Most cause of the venomous tongue stinger and the fact that stealth and I are pretty much best friends." This guy seemed to be kinda of a wimp. Said he isn't much of a fighter which was a bonus for Eugene. Don't want any competition, showing him up and all.

Clive nodded and smiled at the new guy, his politeness clearly showing.
"I wouldn't say friends, I'm not friends with anyone, but Kylie is an acquaintance of mine and by relation, so are you. What is your power by the way? I am kind of worried because turning things into food isn't an active power, and I can't turn humans into food since they're already edible and fattening at that. Well, anyways..I'm not the kind to fight people anyways, I prefer controlling others to fight and hurt emotionall- Sorry Sir, I must be boring you."
When he finished his little rant,Clive looked at Eugene in the eyes, he must be trying to figure out what kind of person the new student was. He reached in and gave a chocolate to the two of them.
"Just an welcome gift, It only makes sense others should look out for the new students."
@ChelonianCommander @Ver

@Ver @MelodyMeister

Eugene chuckles at Clive's politeness. A guy like this must have some dark secrets. Especially with that human comment. Eugene ate slab of raw human before, but it was more or less he didn't know what he was eating nor did he really enjoy it afterwards. Tasted like a variation of pork though. And it got rid of all his nifty powers so that was a bit of an annoyance. He replies to Clive after the student finished speaking.

"Don't worry about it man. I'm just a humble mutant with impenetrable skin, a venom injecting tongue, and hair that can smell." He said. "Besides, turning stuff into food is pretty cool. Means you'll never starve. Personally I cook my own food but don't let me offend you if you...find what I said offensive...that is..." He trails off and clears his throat. "Enough about me and my glorious stinger, you're still somewhat of a mystery Kylie. "Got anything fun you can do?" He asks her. "Maybe you let off male attracting pharomes to make yourself look so good heh heh....heh...." He clears his throat once again. "Bad joke. Sorry."

The boy offered his hand and Maroe slid her own into his palm, hoping he wouldn't feel the odd callous on the inside of her forefinger. Victor...Victor....The name sparked a memory in the back of her mind, all the way to a few summers before to a particularly rainy summer in England. She had come to study music on a summer scholarship there and to tour the music halls. The Aizen estate had been sponsoring the arts program she was with, letting all of the recipients stay at the large manor to study. This particular boy next to her was none other than the quiet heir himself. He'd gotten taller and his jaw had squared a fraction, but it was him.He had stayed quiet while the students were visiting, only appearing every so often at formal events or concerts. From what she remembered, they had been introduced briefly once and he had been kind, though she hadn't been aware he was a mutant. Still, she was surprised he remembered her at all.

"Victor," she smiled warmly, "Victor Aizen. I remember you. I came t' the summer music scholarship program a few years ago an' stayed in the Aizen Manor. We met at one of th' midway concerts. Maroe Lareux." Letting go of his hand, Maroe turned to look at the silver haired boy a bit better, meeting his gaze with her grey eyes. " I didn't know you came t' this school, but I'm glad t' see a familiar face. Even if it was from a long time ago. How long have you been going here?" Her curiosity sometimes got the better of her, but she wanted to know more about him. She was a long way from home and probably would never go back. It was as good a time as any to make a new friend.

@Azathoth

"Sounds like a personal problem," Kylie initially said with a mild shrug in response to Clive's laments over how he would brave through the exercise. It wasn't really her problem, so it was fine if she let him tend to his own business, right? Perhaps a more polite way of saying it would be that it wasn't exactly her business, but then, Kylie was hardly polite.

At least, not anymore.

From there, she simply let Eugene and Clive talk to each other, rather content with the attention being driven away from her... only for it to be turned back to her once again. Jeez, why was he so drawn to her anyway? What a pain, Kylie began thinking to herself.

For a brief moment, Kylie considered slapping Eugene to demonstrate she wasn't exactly interested in his obvious flirting, but decided against it. At least, for now. Leaning back in her seat, she looked over at her new partner. "Enhancement. That's what it's called," she began curtly, before reluctantly elaborating, even if it might have been self-explanatory, "Most things about myself, I can make stronger or more potent. Literally or not, from my body to my senses and so on," she said, before raising her arm in front of Eugene. Right before his eyes, Kylie's arm suddenly exuded a bright energy, vibrant and perhaps even one daresay beautiful, before it dissipated, and before anyone knew it, her arm looked as though it were covered in a sort of metallic armor, taking on a mechanical look. The "metal" was shiny, as though it looked freshly polished even though it had only just materialized into the world as it was, no evidence present of any wear or tear.

"I can also enhance someone else if I feel so inclined... but I usually don't feel so inclined, so I don't see it as a very practical extension, unless you're in the habit of needing someone to look after and protect you."

@ChelonianCommander @MelodyMeister

Eugene shuts his eyes and looks away as to not be blinded by the light that Kylie produced from her arm. When the light dissipates and Eugene was able to open his eyes, he sees that Kylie's arm was covered in some sort of metallic material or something that felt like metal. She explained how her powers worked and Eugene understood just enough to get the gist of it.

"This...this is pretty awesome. Blows stinger tongue out of the water at the least." He compliments her, taking grabbing her arm to examine the finer details of the seeming undamaged metal structure. So like, can you coat your entire body in this? Or can you only do this to your arm. Can you like make swords and stuff out of this or is it just the armor?"

The silence was dragging. Did Harrison even really want to talk to her, or was he just humouring her? Maybe she was annoying him? She should have really backed off, she should have. Still, she decided to try one last time. And if he really didn't want to talk, then maybe there was someone behind her that would want to. "So, how long have you been coming here? Since troisième- since you were...fourteen?" She wasn't going to lie, she had no clue how the grade systems worked. She had to seriously think about it before she could say anything.

@Beebasaur

Yekaterina//Grade 10

A pang of confusion ran through Yekaterina as soon as the human figure in front of them twisted into the form of a lynx. A strangely large lynx. They certainly weren't that big in Russia. She didn't let shock hinder her, keeping up the pace that they had had before, even with the teacher disappearing completely from view. The whole thing is a test. We're being assessed. She guessed, not bothering to look back at her shorter twin.

There were various buildings around the campus, but one in particular stood out. It was obstructed slightly by the falling snow, but the metal structure still glinted strangely from whatever light was shining on it. It must be that one. She sped up a little bit, especially once she heard more footsteps in the snow behind them.

The building was quite a distance away from where they were, and Yekaterina was panting for breath by the time they were throwing open the doors (first, she would gloat later on). Once they were jogging through the halls to find the specified 10-C, Yekaterina finally took the time to glance at Konstantin. His face was flushed, but as was hers, and his piercing eyes matched her own in their intensity. They wanted to win.

Luckily, only a few turns down some hallways brought them to Corridor 10-C, where Mr. Jaime Milizia was already waiting.

@Azathoth @NetherMyth

Esen//Grade 11

Clark's warmth was greatly appreciated by the small girl, who was completely curled up against him at that point. Despite the comfort, the noise of the bus was irritating and Esen wasn't able to fall asleep. The kids on that bus would feel her wrath later on, she vowed.

"This sucks," she moped, turning her pinky gaze on her friend. She sat up straight, barely able to look over the seat in front of her to see Mr. Carthan. He didn't look pleased. Maybe they would be able to relate to each other. "Hopefully we won't all kill each other," she paused for a moment, turning her drooping eyes back to Clark, "except maybe the loud kids. They can go." She mumbled, her grouchiness starkly evident. Of course, no one really took her threats seriously, she resembled a fluffed up kitten when she was grouchy. So, she looked like a fluffed up kitten all the time.

@TheGreenerGrey

Max sprinted eagerly, charging electricity in himself with his intense emotions. Passing by all of the tiny and magnificent details of the corridor, he ran in front of everyone in front of him to stop right before Mr. Milizia, saluting. "Saludos, Sir Jaime! Me estoy postulando para el trabajo felizmente, ¡porque siempre es bueno verte! Pasalo bien aqui! Nos divertiremos ... Eso espero. Este año es muy prometedor, ¿no estás de acuerdo?" Max jolted with electricity, starting to very quickly jog in place to send the energy to his shoes. "¡Puedo difícilmente contenerme a mi mismo!"
((Translation: Greetings, Sir Jaime! I'm running for the job happily, because it's always good to see you! Have fun here! We'll have fun ... I hope so. This year is very promising, would not you agree? I can hardly contain myself!)

Back