Aorki's School for the Especially Gifted

Harrison vs Carl

Harrison glanced around as his name was called along with someone named “Carl Jones” and Harrison trudged his way over to the pit where they would be fighting. As he climbed in he got a better look at this Carl kid, who was bobbing up and down eagerly having already gotten inside. He had a tan sort of skin with wild black hair and eager green eyes, and as he bobbed up and down Harrison noted that his skin seemed to stretch. “You ready to fight huh! I am ready! Hey if you want you can go first, I am super strong but I want you to have a fair chance because that is nice, hey! Are you made of slime that is soooo coool...” as soon as Carl opened his mouth it was like a flood of words, and it threatened to drown out Harrison’s quite response. Sliding forward Harrison approached Carl, his hand melting into a goopy blob which he chucked at Carl, landing the green goo right on his shoulder. Carl was cut off mid sentence as a blob of green slime landed on his shoulder, and he turned to Harrison before laughing wildly. “That’s it!? That is your attack! Man this will b- OW HOT HOT HOT AHHH” Once more Carl was cut off as he suddenly started jumping around, trying to get the green goo off his arm. The slightly acidic part of his goop started to kick in and began to not only burn away at Carlos clothing but also at his skin. After quite a bit of hopping around Carl finally managed to shake the stuff off before turning to Harrison, a bit more awe in his face. “My turn!” He exclaimed gleefully as his legs began to stretch out, sending him shooting towards Harrison at an amazing speed, and as he stretched his arm out to clobber Harrison in the face, he suddenly found his target was no longer there. Skidding to a stop he looked around feverishly attempting to find his opponent when he felt something latch on to his still stretched out legs. Looking back he yelled as he watched a large puddle of green goo latch onto his leg, quickly enveloping it. Harrison’s body became more visible as he teformed himself from the pile of goo, still holding tight to Carl’s leg. Letting out a gel Carl attempted to shake Harrison off, finding that he was latched firmly on, and the stinging of his acid started to kick in, making Carl help once more. Stretching his arms out he attempted to yank Harrison off of himself only to find his hands caught in the goo too. “UNVLE UNCLE LET GO PLEASE!” Carl yelled struggling his hardest to try and escape Harrison, only to fall face first as he was suddenly released. Harrison quickly reformed himself, though he was noticeably shorter than when he started, and was more of a puddle as he made his way out of the pit and back towards Blanche and Clive.
WINNER: Harrison

Fitzy
Fitzy couldn’t help but grumble as her name was called first, along with whoever this ‘Mackenzie’ person was. She had hoped to be able to cool down a bit more, or think about her route, but of course that just had to be dashed as she wasn’t placed on team 1.

Turning towards Professor Katenbach, she mutters a quick ‘let’s get this over with’ as she approaches the woman, looking around to see which of the people in the room she was partnered with. However, the moment she turned around was when the world went all funny and she found herself in the middle of a fancy, not to mention deserted, street. Glancing back, her eyes widen in horror and anger as she points towards Max.

“Oh god not you.”

James Baker
James looked around as he exited from the hole in the floor he had created, the cracked and crumbled earth only partially resealing behind him. It looked like he had just managed to get there in time, as the teacher began to list off pairings for some sort of... maze? Obstacle course? Something like that. Noticing his name, it seemed he had been partnered with one ‘Jennifer Pirofsky’, whoever that was.

Keeping his face in its ‘natural’ neutral look, he looks around as calm as possible, trying to retain an air of seriousness as he asks the assembled fellow students.

“Which if you is Jennifer?”

Last edited:
Jennifer continued to look around for this James Baker when she suddenly heard her name called, “Here I am over here!” She quickly called back, pushing past the others to follow the voice. She was sure it was her partner, and from the sound of his voice he sounded pretty cool. “Right here” she quickly announced finally getting 5rough the others kids, finding herself in front of a boy about Luna’s height. “Bist du James?” She asked giving him a bold smile as she switched to German without thinking.
@TheGreenerGrey

Looking down at Jennifer, James inspected the girl. She was certainly pretty, and didn’t seem to have a bad attitude. Perhaps they could be friends? He didn’t know anyone at the school, so he wanted to find a group as quick as possible.

He was a bit thrown off when she suddenly started spouting gibberish at him though. Was that, like, Finnish? German? Sounded Slavic, with the whole mixing of the soft S and blunt Du...

“I’m afraid I don’t speak Finnish.” He says, his eyebrows raising while he internally prays that he got the language right.

She giggled as he looked up at her, clearly inspecting her and she burst out laughing at his attempted to guess what she was speaking.”no but you were close! It was German but I do know some finish! Katso voin tehdä tämän myös!“ she said happily before giggling more. “Anywho what is your power? If you couldn’t tell I am a language whiz, obviously” she said proudly beaming Gayly at him. She loved meeting new people, and of course she had to impress him, or maybe even spook him. She snickered to herself a bit at that last thought.

Wow. So she was like, some sort of universal translator? That's kind of cool. He wondered if she could talk to animals? Tha would be kind of weird, the school's own Doolittle. What if Rick and Morty had it right and the swuirrels really were the masterminds. That's be hilarious. Scary as all hell, but hilarious. At her question, the tall teen smirks and presses the base of his hands together, palms spread outwards.

"As long as I keep this pose, I can tunnel through anything. Doesn't matter what, it all crumbles behind me." He says smoothly, happy to be able to brag about his power. It wasn't really something you could do in the outsiide world, unless your power was the inability to be killed by lynch mobs.

"So, where are you from?" He asks, finding himself smiling back as the girl giggled, his nature slipping from behind the facade as the grin was infectious.

@Ver

Eugene, shirtless, shoeless and nearly pantsless walks over to Kylie's arena, to see if she's managed to beat her opponent.

"Hey, hey Ford! How'd your fight go? You kick some ass?" He asks. "I had a grand old time kicking ass. Beat this chick named Maroe. It was super easy. Poor girl didn't even enough what hit her." He brags.

She smirked as he made his pose and she quickly mimicked his pose, though exaggerating certain things as she spread her legs out very far apart and squatting making a face as she did it. “I AM A LIVING DRILL COME AT ME BRO!” She cheered before jumping back to her feet and laughing. “I am from Arizona, but I have also lived in Oregon, Idaho, Florida, Maryland, New York, New Mexico, and Virginia for 2 weeks” she listed, counting off on her fingers as she did. “Where are you from?” She asked him after a moment of thinking. She had been trying to remeber if she had been to any other places but none came to her mind, she had been to so many places she often forgot.

Having laughed at her little impression, James was happy he had found osmeone with at least a sense of humour for a psrtner. Raising his eyebrows at the list of places, he lets out a small whistle. Seemed as if she'd been all over her home country. "Ah, nowhere special. Was born in Aus, lived on a farm in Toowoomba for most of my life. Then the powers popped up, the school opened and... yeah. Here I am." He tells her, opening his arms to gesture towards the rest of the room. Idly he noted that that loud chick and her partner had finally left the room.

"You got any hobbies or something? I like to play some footie now and then, get the blood pumping." He asks her, fishing for a new conversation topic as he felt the facade begin to gradually slip.

“Footie? What the heck is that? Is it like foot wars? Me and my cousin used to do that and we would sit on the couch feet to feet and try and push the other off, not sure how that would get your blood pumping though. I personally prefer coding, oo! And swimming I love to swim! I’d say I am pretty good at jumping roping too!” She ranted, glancing over at James and pausing as she realised she was ranting. “Oh sorry! Once you get me going I never shut up!” She exclaimed laughing as she did so. She was really liking James, he was meeting all of her standards. Well her only standard, really anyone willing to talk with her for more than 5 minutes was a friend in her book.

Clive vs Lola
Clive steps onto his own battlefield with hesitation, even more so when he sees his opponent, who he remembers as being a delinquent and held back, Lola Chips, Her name was quite notorious among the year 11s last year due to her being a prick. Clive gulps down as he approaches her and her disgusting tentacle hair with caution.
“Clively! Ready for a battle aren’t ya!? Come on down, I want to show you something!”
“Look, Lola, You know my powers are passive, so if we can establish a fair deal, that would be n-GAHH!”
His statement was cut off by Lola stepping forward and grabbing him with her tentacle hair thingy. It gripped around him tightly, bonding him and cutting off the blood stream to certain parts of his body while Clive himself had trouble even crying out, she used it to both used her power to use his body as a puppet and to smack him around the pit with. She laughed as she did so, everyone knew Clive was a good for nothing wimp, even back during his first day. He wouldn’t fight back, right?
The last straw for him it seems was when that woman gripped tightly onto his leg, and then pulled it in a unnatural angle, causing a loud crack to be heard. Lola, thinking that was enough loosened her grip a little, a little loosening was what was needed to activate Clive’s own power, suddenly, she felt a great pain from the tentacle around his mouth. That pain caused her to completely loosen her grip and for Clive to get away, with a good part of the tip of the tentacle hair in his teeth. He kept still for a bit, and then charged into her with unusual stregth, causing the two to fall down, and for Clive to start hitting her in the face and kicking her between the legs, a lot, he didn’t intend to break anything, just enough pain for Lola to give up. For a moment, it seems he had the upper hand, but the remaining tentacle hairs wrapped around his body once more, and they weren’t intending to let go. A few minutes passed where she simply beat the ever living crap outta the boy, before letting him down, this time not intending to let go. Clive gave his hand, and gave a weak, “You..Win.” And then she let go.

Clive looked in worse shape, likely broken leg, blood and bruises all around and utterly ripped clothes, the cook slowly dragged himself out of the pit, before lying down in exhaustion.
Winner: Lola

Exiting her arena and back into the main area, Kylie popped her knuckles slightly. She was visibly lightly banged up, between her dirtied and torn clothes, as well as cut flesh, but in the end, she was the one who emerged victorious. But she couldn't derive that much pride from her win. Her only thoughts were of winning, and indeed, she won. That was all there was to it.

As Eugene approached her with little to no shame, Kylie glared at him briefly, before looking away, resting her hands on her hips. "Don't call me that. And don't come up to me when you're wearing next to nothing like that..." She said, caring little as he boasted about his victory over Maroe, as the boy's arrogance seemed to be passively deflected.

"Of course I won," she said matter-of-factly, as though it wasn't a surprise, "I don't attend this school just to lose, so I refuse to do just that for as long as I can help it. That's all there is to it," Kylie said curtly.

@ChelonianCommander

@Ver

"Hey, hey neither did I. Well.....I attend for different reasons, but that's besides the point. I'm in it to win. Plus, I don't know where I can find new pants....and sandals. Hoodie's still fine though." He shows her the intact hoodie before it back on, to cover himself at least since Kylie is obviously not having any of it. Now that they had some time to talk, they might as well get to know each other a little better. "So if I may be so bold, and I usually am, why are you attending this school? You could probably pass for a normal kid even with your powers so like you could still stay in normie school and like...I don't know become president or something."

Still averting her gaze from Eugene, Kylie clicked her tongue lightly, walking over to the nearby wall and leaning against it. Her expression hardened slightly as the boy asked for her personal reasons for attending the school, as though it displeased her to be asked such a thing, especially when Eugene used that word. "Normal." She hated that word.

"I haven't had a normal life in years. There's nothing for me back there anymore. Normal is a luxury kids like us can't afford, even if it looks like we could try to fit ourselves into it all at first glance," Kylie said, her gaze growing ever so slightly distant as she gave a side-long glance to the ground, her right hand holding her left arm tightly. With a sigh, she leaned her head back slightly, before further responding to Eugene.

"Why do I attend here? Nosy of you. I could tell you that it's because I want to be the best hero I can or something boring like that, but really, I go to this school because dear old dad sent me here, and if he's so eager to send me away, then that's that. May as well make the most of it here if there's not really anything for me back home," she spoke, but quickly stopped after that, clearing her throat somewhat awkwardly, as if she said more than she meant to.

"Like I said. Normal isn't something people like us can go back to, is it?"

@ChelonianCommander

Carthan watched over the various fights making his usual mental notes as he went. Most of the fights went as he expected, though Blanche had yet to go into the pit to see her opponent at all. He was pretty sure she was doodling in the sand aimlessly. Huh. Kids were bizarre.

He hauled Maroe out of the pit first, and pulled the dart from her neck without much of a gentle touch. Checking her pulse, he noted that despite the poison and the dart, that her heart was still beating at conscious pace. Odd.

Next, he retreived Victor and did the same inspection. Exhaustion was more of the culprit for his collapse.

When Esen came tumbling out of the pit with Kylie's help and he pointed toward the bus. "Losers onto the bus, winners stand outside the last pit on the left. "

He gave the same instructions to the rest of the teams, sending Carl and Clive hobbling to the bus nursing their wounds before typing out a quick message to Ms. Sinclair.
Be advised. You have several students in bound.

With that done, Carthan looked to the winners by his count. Harrison, Kylie, Clark and Eugene. Though he could hardly call two of them victors. "You 4 are the winners and will receive a day pass outside of the school for one day, only on approval of the staff. It must be used in New Zealand, and you must all choose a single location together. Congratulations. We're done for the day. Get on the bus and went we arrive at the school, please assist Ms. Sinclair in helping the injured off the bus."

Maroe groaned as her eyes peeled open. She was staring at the ceiling of....somewhere...directly into the florescent lights. Her mouth was dry as a cotton bale and her head pounded with every blink. What happened? Her hand wobbled awkwardly as she lifted it up to feel her forehead. That was a mistake. There was a large bump right above her left eye that throbbed along with her heart beat. "Uhg...ooh." She winced as her finger tips, which felt oddly numb, bumped against the goose egg. How had that happened? A brief flash of a grey face came to her mind. That kid Eugene was what happened. She had lost control again and he knocked her out...by head butting her. "You jerk," she grumbled, "..Could have at least choked me out instead..." The bruises would make one attractive addition to her pale features over the next week or two.

Her eyes swiveled to the side to see a few of the other students in the room being tended by a woman she didn't know. A boy with burns and a girl pink hair were talking to the woman. She flicked her head with a great effort to the other side to see another kid with his leg propped up. Victor was sitting on a nearby cot and she jolted up quickly, only to have her muscles give out half way and flop back down on bed with a puff of the mattress. "Ow..uhg...Victor? Are you okay?" She wanted to know if he had made it out of those crazy pits in better shape than she had.

@Ver

So Kylie was sent here by her dad. This was a new development. He wasn't sure how to use it, but it was a good development nonetheless. Still what she told him gave him something to think about. He never really thought about having a normal life. It didn't even occur to him, but at the same time it would be rather easy to slip into human life with the right materials on hand. Thinking about what he would do after this, with his limited education and powers would make it rather difficult to slip into modern life, but at the same time...he shrugs.

"I don't know. Depends on what you mean by normal. There are many different standards of normal. For me, normal is going from city to city, breaking into trashcans and dumpsters to get your next mean, and sometimes breaking into the nearest pet store or zoo in order to get the next meal and the meal after that. So don't beat your dad up for sending you away. He probably wants for you to have some measure of normality so he sent you to a place of freaks so you don't feel like you don't belong. Cause, you know, when everyone's a freak, no one is you know? I never had parents. The Orphanage's owner found me one cold dawn wrapped in a hoodie on the doorsteps. Lived there over half my life. But during my time there, I learned a few things and from what the kids at the orphanage told me, I learned that its the job of the parent to keep their kid safe and happy, even if they have a twisted way of doing it and you don't always know why they did it."

Harrison stared at mr. Carthan before lifting his hands to show the goo still dripping off 5hem. He obviously couldn’t help the injured without injury if them more, and besides, he was awfully tired. Sliding his way towards Blanche who was doodling in the sand, he gestured towards the bus saying softly, “we’re leaving” before turning away and starting towards it himself. As he moved it was rather clear his legs had melted into no more than a blob and he was reduced to half his height, and shrinking.

Konstantin

Konstantin had entered the maze with his designated partner. Being he was with someone else meant he couldn't take the easy route and teleport his way to the end. Instead sometime after he and huh partner had entered, they exited, battered and bruised but alive and triumphant. Kon made his way back to his sister's side and waited for what would happen next.

Jonathan

Jonathan's head was pounding as he regained consciousness. The exertion both of them had placed on their mind had been to much, and as a self-preservation instinct their brain had shut down to prevent any further harm. He sat up slowly in bed, moving slow to not aggravate his headache more.
He was handed a cup and a few pills from the school nurse. He mouthed her a thank you and took the pills and water happily.
After taking the medicine he looked around the room and sipped his water. He saw the girl Maroe slowly stirring, obviously she hadn't faired any better than he had, if not a little worse.
As she asked if Victor was okay, Jonathan chuckled, "Victor isn't home currently, just me your friendly neighborhood Jonathan." He said with a grin, "And it's nice to meet you Ms. Maroe."

Maroe blinked a few times, trying to clear the blurriness in her eyes. She was sure it was Victor she was looking at but he was calling himself Jonathan instead. A twin? No. This was definitely Victor, and yet it wasn't. His small smile was less shy and he seemed warmer. Sitting up, slowly she slid her feet off the bed into the floor, then looked to ...Jonathan. "It's nice to meet you too, Jonathan," she replied, managing a somewhat confused but kind smile against the pain in her head. "I think you came out a little better from 'battle practice' than I did." She chuckled some, then reached out her hand for him to shake it. "You and Victor are...the same?"

Clark
Clark groaned as the oily ointment flowed over his burned palms and forearms, the skin blistered and bright red, minor gashes where the beams had been especially concentrated. Throwing a dirty glance towards Jonathan, he winced once again as the nurse slid too rough haaaaaands over his skin, before letting go with an admonishment about not trying to block heat lasers with your arms.

Grumbling to himself, and somewhat annoyed with Jonathan, the still shirtless but now with added pants Clark made his way over to where Esen was residing. The poor girl was looking... pretty banged up. It actually made him a bit angry to see his best friend like this, with a black eye and her arm in a sling.

After making sure she was actually awake (she always looked asleep but you could tell the difference after a while), he waved a little. “Hey.” Smooth. “How’re you holding up? Heard you got paired with Kylie.” He asks her, resisting the urge to knock her shoulder.

James
James couldn’t help but laugh at Jennifer’s antics. “It’s quite alright. I prefer you talking over you staying silent, that’s for sure. And what do you mean ‘what’s Footie’? You know! Football! Rugby! Bunch of blokes on a field tackling each other!” He says, getting rather animated as he begins to talk about his favourite sport. He wasn’t the best at it, but he revealed in the feeling of teamwork that it produces.

Back