He felt a rage burning deep inside of his chest as the man known as Ziton began rambling. Every time the scum referred to Ella, Jaso wanted to charge forth and rip the man asunder. But he bided his time, standing a little taller, confidence beaming from him as the other Taxis guards showed up as reinforcements. He was about to answer Ziton's arrogant question when the scoudrel's blade impacted the barrier of one of his allies.

What happened next, Jaso could only describe as a nightmare. As the maniac continued to monologue, some sort of spirit began clawing it's way out of the barrier, chains falling before Jaso and Tikal's feet. The Oro had never seen a being of such malevolence in his life, he could feel the color draining out of his face as this awful demon made it's way into the material plane. His life force was being drained, this creature was killing him without even laying a finger on him.

But as Tikal, his friend, stood by his side, giving the order to prepare to strike, Jaso felt his resolve harden. He would not die here, he wouldn't let that cretin lay a single finger on Ella, he wouldn't let that man live long enough to harm another soul. He gathered all of his strength, feeling the blood of his Oro ancestors flowing within him as he readied his blade. When the barrier dropped, Jaso leaped into the ceiling, thrusting his sword down and letting the momentum carry him in an attempt to skewer the creature through the head. He could only pray to the gods that his aim was true...

After her outburst, a chaos insued. She watched many troops storm up the stairs behind her and many more swarm the HQ to try and hunt down the thief. She had a sinking feeling about the whole situation and went to sit on the nearby bench. When she sat, she was immediately swarmed by her fellow Taxis members. Mainly the healers who weren't actively searching for the perpetrator.

Many repeatedly asked her if she was sure about the incident, and she had to keep assuring them that she couldn't be more positive because she was there herself. Although it was the weirdest thing, seeing the air in front of her split open like that. It was something bizarre and foreign to her. A magic never before seen by her eyes and she tried to make sense of it.

No matter how much Ella thought about it though, she couldn't find out where that type of magic originated from, by just using what she knew. It was downright creepy and never again would she want to witness it again. As she sat on the bench, she waved off any others who came up to ask her more questions. However, when a guard came to stand by her she didn't question why. Something was amiss and Ella saw the jewel get stolen. She knew she would be the next target and the one most likely to be silenced as well.

Ella's head was down, trying to calm a headache she knew would be forming in her mind. However, when the voice of Ziton was heard, she snapped her head up. Beads and lengths of silver chain tangled with her white hair, while her amber eyes framed in white lashes flew open in surprise. She took in his appearance and noticed where he came from, but the last thing her eyes settled on was the jewel in his hand.

"Y-you. What're you doing here?" She looked back down at her hand. Ella started out with a shaky voice, but she grew more confidence as she continued to speak. "Jaso was right, he had an eerie feeling about you. You're the thief. Where is he? What did you do to him? You better not have done anything to him or so help me..." As he came up the stairs further and closer towards her, she took in a ragged breath. "Stay away from me. Don't come any closer. You're a thief, you used me to get you and Baqar closer to the jewel. I don't trust you so stay away."

The Taxis warrior, clad in light armor and being of clear Sol Seraph descent due to his lack of horns but brimming vibrant aura. His helmet gave free to some strands of his delicate sun yellow hair and cast a shadow on his bright green eyes. He stepped in front of Ella with a spear sighted to descending staircase. His eyes narrowed on Ziton. His stance lowered and in a fierce voice shouted. "You've stepped into the wrong stronghold fiend!"

Ziton, without even looking the man, spoke to Ella in a casual calming light hearted tone like a joke that went too far but was still kind of funny. "Ooh I know I know I look scary and I seem like a bad guy. But sometimes things are just not so black-and-white one thing I can tell you for sure is I'm in the silver." Then he points his weapon up the staircase with a devilish grin and eyes intent to pull the trigger.

The Taxis warrior darted forward down the stairs at a blurring speed. The sound of clashing metal rang out and a flash of light made the dark staircase bright for a brief moment. The warrior and Ziton could be seen clashing by Ella. Ziton with his foot raised up high after kicking the spear of the warrior upward and the spears blade getting lodged into the wooden wall. A split second later and the warrior was flying backwards toward Ella from the impact of Ziton's second kick. "S-so fast..!" Muttered the warrior as he was sent flying and blood trailed as he did.
----
Jasso was midair when he swung his blade. It met the body of the creature and began to cleave through it as if hitting air. The blade only went through the being but no cutting of flesh nor rip of fabric could be heard. The hand of the creature was raised like a old musician commanding his band. Jasso was frozen midair. His body paralyzed as if being held all around by a invisible force. The creatures hand began to emit a glowing blue chain that acted on its own going to Jasso to wrap around his torso. A hot yet freezing sensation would come from these chains slowly embedding into his attire. As this happens he can hear a voice clear in his mind. "Body" spoken with a rattling baritone.

The chain was broken. It shattered from the middle into pieces that faded into the air. The light of Tikal was resonating from her hand. She was able to free Jasso for now and gravity took hold of him again. "Never have I seen one. But that is certainly a phantom. It aims to possess one of us. Likely to then kill the other. It feeds on... s-souls.." Tikal waned as she knelt on one knee.

She was almost just as suddenly brimming with a glow. The Vrondi guard behind the two was within a protective aura. He was emitting a stream of light into Tikal. She sighed with relief looking back to the guard with a assured nod.

Last edited:
Jaso could only stare in horror. His claymore had phased straight through the creature, as if he were swinging it to clear mist, before he felt his body lock up. His weapon dropped and his body went rigid as the creature exerted this unknown force onto him. Then the chain came. Wrapping around Jaso's torso, he felt as if he were in the middle of a desert, yet swimming in ice at the same time. For a brief moment he wondered if this was how it felt to die.

Body. That was all he heard before the chain was broken, sending him clattering to the floor in a heap. He found himself gasping for air as his muscles returned to being his own. Struggling to even rise to his hands and knees. He heard Tikal's explanation, and tried to crawl back over to her and the other Vrondi guard, his strength sapped away. "We need to banish it... and quickly. Ziton's on the loose... and Ella might be in danger." He muttered with haggard breaths, his face pale and his skin far colder than was healthy.

Finally feeling strong enough to rise to a knee, he looked back at the monster, knowing just how useless he was in fighting this entity now. "Any ideas? I couldn't even touch it."

Ella continuously backed further and further from where Ziton stood. As the fight between her temporary guard and Ziton commenced she slowly backed further away still. She watched wide-eyed as the two fought. One to protect her, another to get closer to her and do god knows what. When Ziton aimed for the staircase over head, she panicked for a second. But when her guard, bless his soul, stopped him from aiming she let out a little breath of relief.

She looked around her and was suprised to not see many people coming to their aid. It was like they all upped and vanished in the heat of the chaos. Caught looking around, Ella had only but a brief window of time in order to dive out of the way of her guards body.

He got sent flying towards her by a kick of Ziton's and Ella noticed the blood as well. Ziton looked relatively unscathed, but she didn't look at him long enough to really tell. When her guard's body came to a rolling stop she rushed over to him in a flurry of white and silver.

"No no no. Come on gonna need you to stay awake." She knelt down on her knees by his side and held her hands over his body. She muttered to herself about his wounds. "Severed artery here. Fix first... Slashed... Need to do this next.... Come on... Stay still." Some of her words were so low they could not be made out.

When Ella figured he was out of the danger zone, she dragged him quickly to the side. Its a good thing he did end up passing out. Ella stood back up to face Ziton, a determined look on her face. "How could you do this? Why? What significance does that specific jewel play in this twisted heist of yours, besides the fact that you probably just want to sell it?"

Ella pulled out her ornate dagger, the hanging diamond and silver blade, catching light and reflecting around her in a myriad of colors. She pointed at Ziton with it, but if you looked closely you could see her hands shaking.

Ziton' hand gripped the edge of the doorway as he lifted himself out of the dark corridor and into the light of the temple. It was cleared save for Ella and the warrior before her. The sound of footsteps in the distance could be heard as the guards and Taxis warriors scattered about looking for Ziton. On the roof the healers and guards found Baqar laying there. With the healers they began to revitalize the boys body as he seemed to be unable to awake.

Ziton raised his head and whipped his strands of hair away from his eyes. They looked down at Ella, for Ziton was a tall and slender man even for a descendant. He slowly strutted forward but came to a stop a few meters from Ella and her drawn blade. "I let you heal that guy. I'm not a monster.." Ziton placed a object between his lips. His eyes seemed disinterested as his mad smile flattened. He looked around a bit. "Where is everyone. I was expecting a party."

He strolled around a bit looking at the statue in the center and such. "I would like to believe the Taxis cared more about saving lives than some petty jewelry." He chuckled as he watched the sunlight reflect on the statues surface. "I'm not a thief for profit. Im a Liberator of truths. And sometimes the truth..." Ziton reached within his long thin leather coat and pulled out the red jewel that was within the blade above. "Is hidden reaaaallllyy well..." His interested eyes was back and his grin too. He then held up his weapon, barrel pointed to Ella. "And it takes more than a little knife to stop me."

He moved his aim to the cieling and fired. The cieling was hit by something that appeared like a lightning bolt. It struck the cieling and caused where it hit to rip open a tear in it that glowed pure white. "I'll be leaving now. Shame we couldn't have met under better circumstances." After he spoke the rip opened up and falling through it was Baqar. Ziton caught the falling body of the boy and lifted him over his shoulder like a bag. "I won't hurt you unless you get in my way."
---------

Tikal raised to her feet. "We have no clue how this thing got here besides that guy who summoned it. There are rules with these things that usually make them a nightmare to fight however." Her body brimmed with a glowing yellow aura. "If we hit it with enough of our souls pressure it might give way and break apart." Tikal then turned to the guard. "Repenlish Jasso and use your light to make his weapon able to hit spiitual beings. Jasso this is a lesson you needed to learn. To hit certain beings you MUST have your soul under your command." She looked at the phantom with a determined look before grasping her blade with both hands and leaping into the air at it.

She came down with her blade and the hand of the creature lifted once more as if to stop her. He blade touched the hand and began to cut through it. The glowing cyan blood of the creature splattered across the wall and even on Tikals face. She landed and jumped back. She was next to Jasso and as she stood up the liquid dripped off of her, hair and all was protected by a thin layer of glowing yellow. "I shielded myself from the paralysis and was able to land a hit. Your turn Jasso." She was smiling now and had her arms crossed. The Sol guards aura was being poured into Jasso and his weapon giving him a glowing aura that shielded him as well. "Go for another strike. Then we can get that Ziton guy."

Last edited:
This new world sure was exciting. All these wonderful little things, created by such fleeting lives. Constructs ThranKaur could never have imaged could be built by the hands of these... insects. It truely astounded him. The dragon had spent his time wandering Sunfire, taking in the sights, sounds, smells and most importantly tastes.

It has been so, so long since he had had anything to eat that wasn't feshly caught by his own teeth (or hands if he was feeling particularly bored) so the moment he had smelt food being sold he had almost instantly tried to take it. Of course, he managed to restrain himself. Even back in his days currency had been a prevailing object, and here it was not different.

As a being who had spent the last uncountable years on a Scaled-God forsaken rock, he had very little of that. So instead he merely managed to swipe some, his skill at hiding honed to an acceptable standard in this environment. It was when he was eating this food that he entered what he now recognised as a grand temple, munching upon some sort of bread with meats and delightful little vegetables on the inside, the bread acting as some sort of container.

As he stood there, watching a male be cut down and subsequently healed by a... hm. What were these creatures called again? Mmm... doesn't matter. The creature seemed pretty emotional as she healed the male one, the other watching as she did so. In retrospect, he should have guessed something was wrong when the stream of people leaving the temple suddenly thickened and screams began to erupt. He guessed he was too caught up in this delightful food.

He watched from the doorway, finishing the food, as the female pulled out a small dagger and pointed it at the other male. The not-dying one. He really needed a name for them. Anyways, the female pulled out a dagger and pointed it at her tormentor, obviously unsuited towards violence judging from the tremors in her hand.

Then, something surprising happened. The male seemingly created a crack in the ceiling and a smaller form dropped like a hatchling on its first flight from the crack. The male caught it and then said something to the female (He really needed to learn the local language, because speaking with his mind was taxing in this form) and it was at that point ThranKaur decided he had had enough.

Wiping his greasy palms on his tattered cloak, the nine foot tall giant strode forward into the light of the temple, out of the shadows of the arch-way and into plain sight. A feeling of unnatural regality exuded from him, despite his weathered and beaten appearance, as he passed the trembling female, stood just to the right of her and straightened his back. Looking down at the obvious wrongdoer, he called up all his knowledge of the language he could glean from the minds of those around him.

"Hello. ThranKaur is here to help. You will stop now."

Last edited:
Jaso felt the yellow aura wash over him, listening to Tikal's words as he felt his soul strengthening. This was all a test, a lesson on how to fight spiritual beings. He wasn't exactly sure how to permanently enable his sword to defeat spirits like this, but he suspected Tikal would explain once the crisis was over.

His sword at the ready, Jaso charged once more at the creature. Arcing his sword up in a diagonal slash, he then brought it about and slashed again, marking a prominent golden X in the creature's face. He felt the blood splatter on his armor, even a bit on his face as he watched the phantom writhe in pain before him. He turned away, facing his Taxis brethren with a newfound confidence. "Let's hurry and find Ziton. I swear, if he harmed Ella, I'm going to rip him apart." He growled before rushing out of the room.

Ella still held the dagger up towards Ziton. However, when she saw him point his weapon at her she closed her eyes and braced for the impact of him hitting her. Yet she felt nothing, and instead heard a boom. When she looked up she noticed the ceiling begin to cave in, where Ziton had shot at it.

She droped her dagger to thr floor and covered her head to protect from the debris. She wasn't under the larger pieces thank god, but some smaller pieces did fall towards her. The most they would do is give her small cuts and bruises. She was still able to see him from under her arms and noticed him catch an unconscious Baqar in his arms. And all in the same time she noticed and extremely large man to her right.

Ella's eyes widened in surprise and she wondered when he got there. You would've think she would have noticed him, yet such a large man went unnoticed by her until she spoke. "ThranKaur?" She murmured his name for it was a weird one, not commonly heard at all anymore. Just who exactly was he? He was here to help, but how? Ella turned to him after the debris had fallen and pointed at Ziton. "This man is a thief. He has stolen the jewel from the hilt of our founder's sword. His motives are unknown, but he has injured countless Taxis members and caused a chaos in our peaceful Headquarters. You say you are here to help ThranKaur? Then please help us stop this man. He must not get away with this."

Ziton while holding Baqar on his shoulder narrowed his sight on the doorway. The figure that stepped within the light was met with a piercing glare from Ziton. As he eyed this man up and down he turned to Ella who took up the mans sudden appearance as a sign of help. "Bring it." His yellow eyes with red pupils peered deep into this newcomer. His soul would be invaded by a clairvoyance.

Ziton looked at the man with a widening grin. "You think some weak ass dragon is going to stop me." His eyes turned sharp. But he was then darting them around and finding something that made his grin close to mild fold. He then closed his eyes. The staircase that led upstairs began to sound and the staircase leading to the storage room sounded with footsteps. Ziton let out a loud sigh.

Tikal, Jasso and the Vrondi guard along with a few Taxis warriors and healers came out the stairs. They all stopped and looked at Ziton who stood near the middle of the room. The Taxis warriors, Tikal included began to encircle him calmly.

"You won't be going anywhere! Put the child down and surrender. Now!" Tikal shouted with her blade pointed to him only a few meters away. Ziton opened his eyes to a sharp narrow yet unbothered expression. "You think this will stop me? Some.. Dragon and a few sun worshipping chumps. I'm taking on the world here." He spoke calmly yet almost low enough to not be heard without listening.

Baqar began to cough and groan on Ziton' shoulder as he stirred from his induced sleep...

Last edited:
As... Ziton talked, ThranKaur felt himself become more and more adept as he plucked knowledge from the minds of those around him, swiftly allowing himself to understand what the small man before him was saying as well as providing him some perspective on what was actually happening. Frankly, he was astounded at the sheer coincidences that had occured in order to reach where these... descended (even their name shows how much below him they were) to where they were right now. He gave no reaction at the dragon comment, and promptly ignored the words from... Ella, but the moment Ziton turned to address Tikal he made his move.

Crossing the distance in two great strides, the dragon-in-disguise reared his leg back to deliver a devastating kick to the back of Ziton. Idly he wondered if this was going to be overkill, a noble and powerful creature such as he attacking something like this seemed the equivalent to using his flame breath on a puppy (He hasn't seen these yet, but they are very frail looking animals, from what the minds around him say amidst gushing).

Giving the mental equivalent of a shrug, ThranKaur reaches forward at the same time as his barely covered foot (really only hiding the scales around his ankles) lashes out, intending on snatching the unconcious one from the air as he sends the slightly-more-annoying insect flying.

While Jaso and the other Taxis members stood off against Ziton, a red-haired Tyro finally arrived on the chaotic scene. Her sensitive Nayu ears had finally stopped ringing after hearing that explosion and she decided on a lark to check things out. Valeria Everford used a mixture of her own personal charm, goodwill in the city, and a bit of flirtation, to learn from the guards that the precious jewel of the Taxis had been stolen by some ruffian who's ripping holes in reality.

Normally this would be a little too far above her pay-grade, but she was a curious sort. "So tell me, I wanna help you guys out and catch this thief red-handed, how hard would it be for you to let me in there and start doing my thing?" She asked the two guards, batting her eyelashes and giving the two of them puppy dog eyes. "I promise I can make it worth your whiles." Her implications were far from subtle, but that was who she was.

The circle formed around him did not seem to weaken this mans energy. For he was like a shadow singled out in the light. His eyes were the only thing illuminated as a pearl white glow under the shade of his entire forms complexion. Zitons eyes were facing the exit. The hollowed corridor of light that promised an escape from the confined of the temple. His dastardly grinning face was still calm and mild with only a slight hint of his confidence oozing out in the form of a smirk.

His sharp eyes however were mostly covered by hair and shadow. The smell of fresh water, plants and sterilization filled the air with the tension. It seemed the well formed circle around Ziton organized with the newcomer in mind as he was a part of it along with Ella and Jasso. They all were not able to prepare for what happened next.

The newcomer came charging forward as Ziton opened his mouth to speak to Tikal. The man charged forward but the sound of his feet hitting the ground on his first step was enough to alert everyone the attack is commencing. Almost at the same moment a few Taxis warriors charged forward as well with their swords drawn. They were swift and even more so than the newcomer however the head start the old soul had gave them time to strike almost in unison.

First came the tattered form of the one named ThranKaur. He aimed a kick to Ziton's back side and as he did so Ziton moved to the side to avoid it. The foot would slide across his coat imitating a solid hit but the momentum would roll the impact off of Ziton as seen by a gust of pressure flowing from his direction outward to others in the circle whose hair twisted under the enveloping gust.

Ziton's side eye was on the elder dragon. A glare of malice filled the sight. A glint of light caused Ziton to leap upward. A blade narrowly missed his legs as a Taxis attempted to sever them. He was now midair above the Taxis warriors and the Elder and His legs began to move fluidly to a forward kick that struck one in the jaw. He swung his leg upon connecting and launched the man toward ThranKaur. "Catch!"

Upon landing the third Taxis warrior attacked from behind and a loud sound like lightning cried out. Ziton with blinding speed fired his weapon with his free hand and struck the Taxis warrior. He did this without turning to face the warrior and instead was facing the door. None could see what happened but the man fell to the ground presumably dead.

Ziton only kept a smirk the entire time but sweat slowly beaded on his face. He then began to dash toward the exit and near Ella.

-------------------------------------
The guards were busy with other people who were demanding answers. The swarm of shouting pedestrians was met with strict orders to return indoors. This was ill met due to the Sol need to stay outside within the sun. A small issue but a hindrance to many trying to enjoy their day.

The guards speaking to Valeria attempted to shoo her away. "No. There cannot be random citizens taking part in dangerous activities." One Sol guard spoke with wood and grass armor and clothing. The other had a skull with feathers over his head with silver armor on his shoulders.

"Besides the Taxis and other guards will handle it before we even get to finish with you." The other chimed in inducing a chuckle from both at once. "Once it blows over we can have all the worth your while can bring..."

Last edited:
Everything had happened almost too fast for her eyes to catch. It started with Jaso and Tikal, along with several other guards coming up from the storage below. She was relieved when she saw they were all alright, Jaso included. She gave him a small smile of relief to see that he wasn't hurt physically. He looked worn out and exhausted and she wondered how he would fare if he had to face Ziton one on one. However, Ella hoped it wouldn't come to that since there were several guards along with Tikal surrounding him as well. The new man named ThranKaur was intimidating due to his height, but she knew that he meant well. Ella could tell he was an old soul and was definitely curious about his past, if he would wish to share it with her at a later date. Upon taking in the scene, Ella hung slightly back, away from the front lines and couldn't help but worry about little Baqar in the man's arms. She wondered if he would be okay.

However, the moment that happened too fast for her was when ThranKaur launched an attack against Ziton, and several guards followed. He managed to avoid all of their attacks, while still holding on to Baqar. Just who was this man? She frowned in thought and disbelief, yet she let out a shriek when she saw him dashing in her direction. Either one of two things would happen. Ziton would either grab her and bolt for the exit, or he would ignore her and go for the exit. Either way, Ella stepped back several times to try to get away from Ziton. She couldn't believe any of this was happening in the first place.

---------------------------------
Kyvro spent his day trying to figure out the blasted city they call Sunfire. Who builds cities in giant trees anyways? The layout was so confusing, it wound around so many times and he found himself walking in circles. He knew better than to ask anybody for directions, but he was sure he would find his own way to where he needed to be. He paused to buy some sweetbread from a street vendor, as his stomach was now protesting for not eating anything before leaving camp this morning. Although his errand in Sunfire was important, as the nearest shop for healing poultices was located somewhere in here. He had his bow and arrows strapped to his back, allowing him to walk hands free. Reaching into a pocket, Kyvro pulled out the crumpled and dirty piece of paper with barely legible cursive written on it. It read, 'Mercy Vale Clinic'. That was where he would pick up some poultices. Lord knew he needed them for when he got injured on the job. He was able to poison and enchant his own arrows though. They were both valuable skills that the hunter taught him during his stay with the man. He regret not being able to fully trust the man during his two year stay because he did give him shelter, food, and taught him how to fight, especially with the bow and arrow.

As Kyvro walked, his hood was pulled up over his head, and he tore of pieces of the sweetbread before popping them into his mouth and chewing slowly. He took in the sights around him as he walked and ate, paying no mind to the weird looks and whispers he got for having his hood over his head. Over time he finished off the sweetbread, and finally came to a staircase. With a small grin under the darkness of his hood he climbed the stairs. But he must have climbed too far because he was all of a sudden at the entrance to the Taxis HQ. However, he paused for a moment when he saw the girl with fiery red hair having some issue with two guards. Kyvro pushed past the pedestrians lingering around and made his way over to the fiery red-head. She had Tyro in her, that was no doubt. Upon walking over to the quarreling trio, Kyvro pushed his hood off of his face and spoke up. "Is there an issue here? Are you harassing the young lady?" Kyvro mentally swore at himself, this wasn't like him. He wasn't usually one to try for chivalry. What had gotten in to him? Well, it was too late to back out now.

Jaso entered the stairwell and immediately brightened his eyes to see that Ella was unharmed save a few scratches and bruises. The amazingly tall man standing next to her however, caught him purely by surprise. Jaso always thought he was one of the tallest people in Vrondi. The Oro often were. But this man seemed to tower over everyone, poor Ella seemed to be half his size. Unfortunately that was all he could make out before the behemoth leapt into action against Ziton.

As the rest of the Taxis began to fight the thief, Jaso made an assessment. Too crowded. Need to get to Ella and protect her. So he rushed to the side of all the action, knocking a few Taxis into ThranKaur as he passed. He gave them all a brief apology before making it to Ella's side. "Stay behind me!" He called out to his friend as Ziton landed and made his way towards them. His sword was horizontal to the ground, pointed at the thiefs chest, and as Ziton closed in, Jaso thrust his claymore forward with all his speed and might, hoping to skewer Ziton on the blade.

-----------------------------

Valeria merely chuckled at the Taxis guard's responses to her. "Oh darling, you'll never be worthy of all that I'm worth." Her words were filled with slight contempt towards the two for treating her like nothing but a common whore. She was a shameless flirt, she'd be the first to admit that, but it seems these guards forgot that she'd offered to help them first, not fuck them while their comrades did all the work.

Thankfully, another man stepped into the conversation before she got herself really heated. He was quite the attractive young man, seeming to have more predominant Nayu traits and gorgeous flowing black hair that accentuated his blue eyes. She gave the man a smile before turning to the guards. "Well looky here. A man with some manners, how refreshing. Turns out that I'm bothering them though, stranger. I heard the loud boom inside the HQ and wanted to see if I could help, but these guards refuse to let me in." She explained to the Nayu, draping herself over him, looking for a reaction.

ThranKaur wasn't amused. Not annoyed either, but he was a little aggravated. Swatting the soldier thrown by Ziton out of the way like a really large, armoured fly, he watches as the descended in question began to make his escape. Really, did these... Taxis know nothing about fighting? If someone is confident enough to attack a place as populated and guarded as this, it's plenty evident they believe they can take the guards on.

So what you do is let someone on the same scale fight and keep them occupied, such as himself, while they stand back and fill him full of whatever they could hurl. Basic stuff. These children of his people don't seem the brightest. Snapping out of his thoughts, he looks down to see a few Tikal collide against his chest before falling on their asses. They were seemingly shoved out of the way by... Jaso as he made his way around during the chaos of Ziton making the Tikal look like fledgelings. Hm. Are nicknames now considered full names?

Watching Jaso aim his strike, he pondered as to whether he could help. He was far... but his strength was not his only virtue. This city was warm, he would have no problem sparking a blaze. But would that be enough? These were his children's children, and they could hold some of his people's talents. Such as being almost wholly immune to fire. No, it was best he aided in some other way. Perhaps the cold would work best? It had always had more of an affect upon his kin, and slowing the man down would aid Jaso's attack.

Confirming within himself, ThranKaur raises his hand to the side of his face, opening the palm in the direction of Ziton. Feeling the ambient heat and energy within the air, he clenches his fist the moment he has a grasp over it. The air around Ziton plummets instantly into the negatives as all the heat in the immediate area of his target was flung away in a warm breeze.

Lets hope the child can survive such conditions. Idly he wondered if every day was as exciting as this one, in this new land. Although he was tempted to scold himself for acting so childish. He had barely even begun his travels, and already he was aiding the children in their squabbles.

Last edited:
The chaos within the temple was contained with little words of worries escaping the mouths of the citizens. Even the guards seemed to relax. What issues that plagued the Taxis could be handled by them. But the relay messages from within, via their mental communication, made a few behind coordinating the guards command a line before the temple. Side by side they stood with staff and or shields in hand. Citizens stood by leisurely observing and questioning the guards for answers to no avail.

The swift legs of Ziton had him floating as he darted across the floor to the exit and Ella. Jasso managed to appear nearly just as Ziton was only a meter away from Ella. During this a cough could be heard from the Taxis guard who was fired upon by Ziton. He was raised up his head to reveal he was ok. But his abdomen had a red star symbol that burned through his armor and clothing. "I'm ok!"

In the midst of his brief words assuring his comrades of his good status he fund himself midair hurtling toward Jasso. In an instant the Taxis guard and Ziton had switched places. With widening eyes the man winced in fear of what he could not comprehend. His body froze, heat instantly leaving his body. His white strands of hair hardened up like uncooked noodles before Jassos blade pierced the hardened flesh of the hurtling Taxis warrior in the throat.

"Wakey wakey." Ziton spoke to Baqar from where the Taxis warrior once laid. Baqar was awake but barely. "Time to go up. Grab onto something!" Ziton then launched Baqar into the air high up. The boy went through the crack in the cieling caused earlier and grabbed onto the edge before crawling up to the roof with a few confused and stressed winces. "W-what is happening...?" Baqar muttered to himself as he breathed in heavily from the relief of climbing up from that potential deadly fall back down into the temple.

Ziton looked over to ThranKaur with a glare and a frown on his usually smiling face. "I'll be keeping a note on you. For nearly turning my boy into a frozen mess like that guy." Ziton then lit a rolled piece of paper with herbs inside in his mouth and breathed in the smoke. "Its been fun gang. But I think you got some personal issues to work on now." He breathed out the smoke in one long stream.

"The names Ziton the Seeker. Ill be the one turning this world upside down."
----------------------------------

"Oi." Muttered one of the guards to Kyvro who butted into their conversation with Valeria. "Now now no one' really bothering anyone. We are negotiating this woman's desires." He chuckled with his Sol white hair and pale complexion showing under his light ornamented armor. He then turned abruptly and placed a finger to his head in meditation. "Hmm." He let out as the other guard continued to laugh at Kyvro. "Seems the situation inside is nothing to worry about. Just a thief."

The guard turned his head at Valeria. "They won't pay a bounty for an already captured thief you slim witted hot head." The Sol guard poked at her Tyro traits. Just then the sound of people being shoved out of the way began to enter the crowd forming near everyone infront of the temple. A young woman with white seraphim wings was approaching the temple and with her were two heavily armored knights of unknown bloodlie. Their armor however was silver and blue with a feather symbol on it. The Aion.

She walked up to where Valeria and Kyvro were talking to the guards. She stopped once close expecting the two to move so she could talk to the guards. "Galleria demands entry." She pouted a bit and stomped her foot. The guards nearly seemed frozen before bowing as if they made a mistake for not doing so sooner. "Y-yes well you see. We have orders. Your lineage is one thing but we MUST insure everyones safety! The King Vrondi would want it this way!" The guards spoke calmly but with a hint of nervous stuttering.

"Ugh!" She cried in disgust.

368_max_by_lovecacao-d6zbb4u.jpg

Last edited:
Syra cursed to herself. Cursing was one of one of the first things the gang had taught her, and one of her favourite. That, and how to do spells. Both had become somewhat necessary to her everyday life. One for doing things and one for making her ire known when it didn't work how she wanted it to. Like this morning. All she had wanted to do was to go to the library and check to see if there was anything new in there that could help her piece together a trail for the spell she was supposed to be hunting down. Ferni back at the Magoi guild, who had given her this particular lead, had made some vague suggestions about where she might look, but as with most of her jobs, they seemed happy to let her wander about until she read herself into success.

She'd been halfway there this morning, she swore. But when she'd gone to follow the trail she'd picked up from some translated texts in the library of some noble or other, where had she ended up but in the middle of a fight with some bandits? It would have all been fine-she'd just frozen them and walked on through, pushing over a couple for good measure-but apparently the spell itself didn't want to be found. So it had exploded in her hands. Magically. And now she couldn't feel her left hand up to her elbow. At least the bandits hadn't wanted anything to do with her after that. She'd put the scroll in a bubble and left it hanging by her waist. She didn't think it was going to explode again, but it didn't seem pleased with her. She was at least going to leave it in the bubble until she got this hand healed and could take it home to study it. She was vaguely hopeful that the exploding may have given her some kind of way to unlock a seal so she could learn the spell, but who knew. She wanted about as much to do with that ratty piece of paper as it did with her right now. For now, she just wanted her hand back.

This brought her to the Taxis headquarters. There wasn't much else to do when you magically seemed to lose half a limb. Much to Syra's chagrin, this wasn't exactly the first time something like this had happened to her. Usually, she hated Taxis headquarters. They were too peaceful and uncomfortable. It made her feel like she was doing something wrong just being there. That was what you got for always taking jobs from quiet places and never working in them. Except the library. Wrenching her attention back to the time and place, Syra immediately slowed right up. There appeared to be some kind of altercation at the front door. There were guards and flaming hair and wings and all sorts of things Syra really didn't want to get involved in. She didn't like people at the best of times, let alone when they were angry and evidently important. She paused for a moment while she considered how important her hand really was to her. Then she sighed, and walked up to the guards. She tried to keep herself as undisruptive as possible, nodding to the more regular looking folk by the door and outright ignoring the winged lady for fear of her noticing her presence.
She held up her ragged hand. "Any chance I can get this healed?"

Ella watched in horror as everything unfolded. She thought for sure that she would end up injured or something. But of course she could count on Jaso, as he once again recklessly, yet fearlessly charged in front of her. It was to protect her from Ziton however, that she knew for a fact. Ella knew that Jaso cared for her deeply and she would be lying is she said that she didn't feel the same. So you could imagine her worry whenever he charged into things just to protect her. He would argue that he was goin to be okay and everything would be fine, but, you could never be too careful.

As Jaso held out his sword however, it was not him ending up injured. Instead, it was a Taxis soldier who had charged for Ziton. Somehow, within the blink if an eye, Ziton and the man switched spots. With the soldier being the one impaled instead of Ziton. Ella's eye's widened and she let out a mumbled and shocked, "Oh my god." How he was able to switch their places in that short amount of time, was unbeknownst to Ella.

As Ziton announced who he was to everybody and prepared to leave, Ella's legs gave out from under her. She collapsed to her knees and stared wide eyed at the back of Jaso's calves in front of her. She knew he would be more upset over his comrades death since he was the one who accidentally delivered it to him. But Ella couldn't help but feel shocked and useless. All she was, was a healer, who couldn't even bring herself to raise a hand against anybody, no matter their crime. And as a result, she couldn't even stop Ziton.

---------------------------------

Kyvro looked down at the wild haired redhead, who had now draped herself over him. Yep, she was definitely a flirt. When she did so, Kyvro looked down at her and raised an eyebrow. He had manners? If only she knew the truth, then she most likely wouldn't be saying that. She was also clearly look for a reaction from him. He could tell by the way she draped herself over him and by the tone in her voice.

Looking away from her, Kyvro looked back at the guards. "I for one do not think you should be," he paused, "discussing this women's so called 'desires' without her permission first. Or poking fun at bloodlines after all. Would you prefer it if I called you an Ecosexual freak? After all, you Sol are all about nature are you not?" He tuned in to the commotion inside. It definitely seemed out of control after all. However, what he would say next was interrupted by a young women.

She appeared to be a seraphim by the wings on her back, maybe a young one, although looks could be deceiving. But, she was with Aion guards? Why would the Aion be here? There's no way the situation inside the Taxis could have reached them already. But it had to have for the women, saying her name was Galleria, to be demanding access inside. When the two guards began to stutter in front of her, Kyvro couldn't help but to let out a low snicker. They were honestly pathetic.

Yet, he was surprised once more when another young lass passed by and nodded at him. She openly ignored the Galleria women and walked right up to the guards ask for entry to get a hand healed. Kyvro was amazed at the women's blatant, ignorance, should he say? Anyways, he let out a subtle laugh and a smirk at her. This whole scenario outside the Taxis HQ doors was quite hilarious to him all of sudden, upon taking it all in that is. He waved his hand and spoke up once more. "To be quite honest, this is quite a funny situation outside right here. But I really just need directions, or a guide, to the 'Mercy Vale Clinic', as I'm rather bad with directions. And this tree is very much like a maze to me as I'm unfamiliar with it."

Ziton was gone in a flash, and before Jaso could react, a Taxis guard was impaled on his sword. It had stabbed the man in the throat, had he been holding the blade horizontally, he could have instantly decapitated the poor soul. Regardless, Jaso stared at the sight in shock, knowing that there was no way to save this man. He quickly pulled out his sword and let it fall to the ground, catching his comrade and lowering him down. As he stared in the dimming eyes of his friend, tears started to form. "Forgive me." He whimpered, before the guard went limp in his arms.

He couldn't even hear Ziton's gloating from above him, or Ella collapsing behind him. His head was bowed, his eyes closed in mourning for the friend he had killed. Tears were flowing down his face but his body remained rigid.

-----------------------------------

Aion guards and a woman who seemed to exude noble arrogance showed up as Kyvro and the guards conversed. The Seraphim, or at least Valeria assumed she was a Seraphim, seemed to have all the traits of a royal brat and presented them in just 10 seconds of her appearance. Followed by a much more interesting creature who seemed to have an entire forearm injured. This was a girl who's lineage she just couldn't place, seeming to have a bit of everything.

"Good luck getting in, darling. These brutes seem to be the antithesis of Taxis goodwill." She remarked. Turning back to Kyvro, she raised an eyebrow. "Mercy Vale Clinic? Why would you want to go there when you're at the most prominent healing establishment in Sunrise?" She asked quizzically.

Back