Zolan would do his best to get Wei to stick around with them for awhile and while he'd hold off on teaching him Airbending, he'd try to convince him to at least teach him other ways of defending himself and others.

Man, why must you give me such hard choices? I like both and honest, I'd love to do them both in the story.

I think both of them would be good adversaries that requires Zolan to learn how to approach the current, war-torn landscape beyond fighting his way through everything. Option 1 would be better if you wanted the last arc to be when Team Avatar ends the war. Option 2 would be good if you wanted more plot post-war. I don't mind playing either or both of them tbh. All depends on what fits best with the story!

I think both of them would be good adversaries that requires Zolan to learn how to approach the current, war-torn landscape beyond fighting his way through everything. Option 1 would be better if you wanted the last arc to be when Team Avatar ends the war. Option 2 would be good if you wanted more plot post-war. I don't mind playing either or both of them tbh. All depends on what fits best with the story!

I do agree. These ideas would help to better flesh things out beyond just fighting through everything. I don't see why we can't do both. That one can be for close war-end stuff and then plot 2 can be after, showing that even after the war is finally over and things are slowly calming down, there's still trouble to be had. Just because the war's over, doesn't mean people are going to be able to return to normal lives. Doesn't mean they're not going to be bitter and hate filled, and more troubles arise from the ashes.

Awesome! I don't have names or anything yet, but as we get closer to that point in the story I will try and write up information on the organization(s). I'm also open to collaborating if anyone wants to make any characters from that organization.

Take your time, no rush. We have a bit until we reach that point. I'll make some characters for it once the time arrives.

Awesome! I don't have names or anything yet, but as we get closer to that point in the story I will try and write up information on the organization(s). I'm also open to collaborating if anyone wants to make any characters from that organization.
I'm open to collaborating with you on making any characters you need for your idea, I think it would be quite fun!

Possible plot idea for the RP that I'm gonna put down here before I go to sleep. There are stones that hold spiritual energy in a single shard. Fire Shard. Water Shard. Earth Shard. Air Shard. The shards were then crafted into individual pendants designed to look like the emblems of the four nations, believed to hold the power of the original benders inside of them. Each shard contains the Avatar-level power of its element, graining the holder power to rival the Avatar's over that element. Alone they grant power, powerful enough by themselves, but fused together, they are deadly. When together, they allow the holder to gain control of the Avatar. The Shards are spiritually linked to the Avatar and could enslave them, placing them under the control of whoever has the Shards. Whoever has the Avatar at their command would be nearly unstoppable, so don't wanna let those to fall into the wrong hands.

If the Shards are unfused or destroyed, that will free the victim from that person's control, hence why I said nearly unstoppable. It can be stopped, but y'know, you'd be going up against someone with the Avatar on their side, unwillingly or not, that won't be an easy step to get over. Good luck.

Hm. I like the continuing theme of having the bending arts being corrupted into weapons and having benders/people reduced to their element (or lack thereof) however I'm not sure how to feel about having a stone that can control the Avatar themself. Given that the Avatar is meant to be a force for creating balance I'm not sure why a means for someone to control them would be created.

Personally I don't like what LoK did with explaining the origins of the Avatar in terms of Raava and Vaatu (reducing Avatar's spiritual themes to good vs evil instead of someone meant to bring about balance to the mortal world), but I could see an argument being made for the shards (and later, stone) containing fragments of Vaatu's dark energy. That stone could, in theory, corrupt the Avatar and cause them to become a force of destruction if the Avatar can't reconcile the two opposing forces.

I'm not opposed to the villains finding a way to weaponize the Avatar or control Zolan on some level and I think having shards with Avatar level elemental power, but I'm having a hard time thinking about how to justify it.

It was just an idea I was thinking of to continue the theme I had going. Considering there is a 500-year war going on, I could see people trying to find a way, should the Avatar ever actually return, to weaponize them, because if they have the most powerful person on their side, forcefully or not, they'd have a better chance at doing whatever their goal is.

Hello, I have decided Shen should be a side villain later on in the story. I am hoping that something could happen before the RP begins or sometime during the RP that would cause Shen to be negative towards Zolan. Are you all fugitives? What if you fail to protect a woman that is Shen's mother (just an example)?

Hello, I have decided Shen should be a side villain later on in the story. I am hoping that something could happen before the RP begins or sometime during the RP that would cause Shen to be negative towards Zolan. Are you all fugitives? What if you fail to protect a woman that is Shen's mother (just an example)?

I'm down to have Shen be negative towards Zolan. From failing to protect his mother, to being a fugitve, could even be because he's the Avatar and as such, let the war go on for as long as he did that could lead to these problems and possible others that we can think of. A number of things could be why.

Hello, Neko, I have some questions.

What is the setting for the beginning of the RP?

Where is Zolan heading towards?

Have all the main characters met up with Zolan yet?

How many people know that the Avatar is back?

What if Ai (Shen's mother) was killed for helping the Avatar (knowingly or unknowingly), but Shen thought Zolan did it (misdirected)? Also, is it ok if I plan for Shen to die sometime later during the RP? The idea of Shen targeting Zolan the whole time but finds out the truth later after he had wronged Zolan and his companions multiple times; however, he will help Zolan one time before his end (as a sort of redemption).

I would like Shen to have met one of Zolan's party members in the past (just to have a bit of connection to the story). I think Mei, Wei, and Akune are all possible since each one of them travels.

Hello, Neko, I have some questions.

What is the setting for the beginning of the RP?

Where is Zolan heading towards?

Have all the main characters met up with Zolan yet?

How many people know that the Avatar is back?

What if Ai (Shen's mother) was killed for helping the Avatar (knowingly or unknowingly), but Shen thought Zolan did it (misdirected)? Also, is it ok if I plan for Shen to die sometime later during the RP? The idea of Shen targeting Zolan the whole time but finds out the truth later after he had wronged Zolan and his companions multiple times; however, he will help Zolan one time before his end (as a sort of redemption).

Hiya. Ask any that you have.

Rae and I spoke about being in the woods at first. Their character and mine would meet each other there and travel to Ba Sing Se. Again, this could change and now everyone's in Ba Sing Se and we carry on from there??? But as of currently, no, only Mei and Zolan would have met each other thus far. Again, can change- open to ideas. This was talked about before you and others joined Rae and I.

I'd imagine those more connected spirit wise would be able to sense that the Avatar is back?? There are rumors that the Avatar could be back, born into the Fire Nation, but no one's 100% sure just yet. Though like the above, I can change this.

I'd be fine with Ai helping out Zolan. Her helping him out, knowing or unknowing him to be the Avatar, would place a target on her and could lead to her death, yep. And I'm fine with that if you want Shen to die at some point and for that plotpoint to happen as well.

Hiya. Ask any that you have.

(1) Rae and I spoke about being in the woods at first. Their character and mine would meet each other there and travel to Ba Sing Se. Again, this could change and now everyone's in Ba Sing Se and we carry on from there??? But as of currently, no, only Mei and Zolan would have met each other thus far. Again, can change- open to ideas. This was talked about before you and others joined Rae and I.

(2) I'd imagine those more connected spirit wise would be able to sense that the Avatar is back?? There are rumors that the Avatar could be back, born into the Fire Nation, but no one's 100% sure just yet. Though like the above, I can change this.

(3) I'd be fine with Ai helping out Zolan. Her helping him out, knowing or unknowing him to be the Avatar, would place a target on her and could lead to her death, yep. And I'm fine with that if you want Shen to die at some point and for that plotpoint to happen as well.

(1) I will keep my eyes out for future updates on the starting setting of the RP. Thanks for answering :D.

(2) Is Zolan already being hunted?

(3) Thank you.

Back