Blue Exorcist (Fanfiction Realm)

The kitsune nodded slightly, "Handy indeed, but not always practical," She glanced to her left as her ears picked up the coughs of humans as they shuffled down the street clearly trying to get away from something, "Be ready, child the enemy is near," She moved slowly towards the woman who carried a clearly sick child. Large purple-red blisters were raising up on his cheek and forehead, "We are here to help she told the woman gently. Let me cure him please."

She stared at the youkai with wide frightened eyes, "Y-you're one of them! Stay away from my baby!"

Alora stopped her advance as she glanced to Racina for assistance. The human woman wasn't going to let her help willingly it seemed.

Racina nods at the words and remained alert. She wished they had gone to her house first so she could get her gear but she would make due well enough.

Her eyes widen as she saw the child. The fear in the woman's eyes was as she expected.

Gently she moved to the woman. "It's alright. She is my familiar and can help your child. Please let us help." She murmurs gently to the woman.

As the woman slowly gave in and held the kid out to them Alora called forth a small blue flame to the tip of her finger which she placed to the child's forehead. The boils were reduced to nothing as was the rest of the contaminates in the child's system, "Have him drink lots of water. Think of it as a fever that burned out the toxins."

The youkai smiled then pointed towards the northern part of the street, "Head north keep to the right side of the street."

The woman thanked them profusely before running off with the child in her arms again, "They are lucky. The priests might not be so lucky."

Racina nods a bit. "That's what concerns me." She murmurs and looks around. She tilts her head and listens quietly for a moment before she starts walking. "Three are here...one isn't moving." She mutters then shakes her head.

"What causes this? It's heavier than anything I've felt before...."

"You call him the impure king I believe," She conjures a few more of those blue flames and sent them out to the humans who were soon cured of the infections ravaging their bodies, "It would be advised that ya'll are careful but I fear being careful has come to late in this game of life and death," Kneeling by the one that wasn't moving she placed a hand on his head. His mind was quiet it could be he just fell asleep or was dead. Her bet was on the later.

"We need to continue on there is nothing more to be done here," She was truthful and honest, "Do you need anything?"

It was a grim sight. Death of any kind. It was the hardest truth though of all of this. The impure king. She had never seen him before but had dealt with his victims many times and and heard the stories from the priest and other hunters. This was not good.

Why wouldn't her brother just tell her what was going on? Pushing the thoughts aside, she focused.

She nods slightly. "I need my gear. This isn't a fight I can do without it." She looks around. Where were the others. The street seemed so quiet.

The kitsune gave a growl, "Stay close," She let the rest of her glamour fall so her true form was exposed, "I just have to burn a few things to the ground before we can leave," The ash colored spores were finally visible in the air. Her tails fanned out around her each holding a ball of blue flame. In a flash of movement the fire formed a ring around the pair before expanding outwards with a flick of the youkai's wrists. The air was clean for now, "What part of town?" She asked as she lead the way to another alleyway.

She watched carefully as Alora worked. It was fascinating to witness.

She nods slightly. "East side of town, just about a mile from here." When she was kicked out of the Academy thanks to her brother, she had been forced to hide her gear out of sight and not carry it anymore. A big mistake at this point because it would have helped.

The youkai nodded and a moment later they were exiting an alleyway at the center of the East end, "I'll follow you from here," She states, "Keep aware of everything. As will I."

Her glamour was back in place now and she looked a bit more human if humans naturally had white hair and golden eyes. Her long hair seemed to annoy her as she pushed it behind her shoulders before binding it in a ribbon. Her eyes never stopped scanning the streets for enemies.

Racina nodded in understanding. Her eyes scanned the area before walking. She lead the way down the street towards her small house.

She kept walking but her shoulders had tensed up a little. "We are being followed." She murmurs.

The kitsune turned around to stare at the stalker. Her golden eyes locked on a man. Who is he she wondered, "Can I help you?" She asked lightly sound sweet and kind. Her body was still ready to pounce should the moment come.

As soon as her eyes landed on the male, she narrowed them and stepped towards him. "Really Ravic? What are you up to this time?"

The male seemed to smile and shrugs a bit. It was a rolling of his massive shoulders. "Was told your brother came to talk to you. Your father wanted me to make sure of what you planned on doing." Ravic eyed Alora a little before looking back at Racina.

Racina shakes her head. "One not your business and if father wants to know he knows where I live. " She nods to Alora ," Let's go."

Ravic smirks and watches them go. "Remember little girl what happened the last time you hunted!"

Racina ignores him and kept walking.

Alora narrowed her gaze quickly, "I would advice you mind you manners mortal," The kitsune was still behaving as it was as she turned her back to him before moving to show she was guarding the woman from any harm. It would be a mistake to annoy her. She stopped outside of the house, "Hurry I'll wait out here."

Racina nods a bit to Alora and hurries inside to gather her gear. It was easy enough to do. She kept everything hidden beneath the floor in her bedroom.

Pulling the board free she pulled out a pack. Inside were two pistols, two twin daggers, scrolls and a jacket.

All the weapons were still good as she had maintained them and kept the blessings on them. Pulling on the holster she put the guns in place then the daggers and pulled the jacket on.

She didn't just do distance when it came to fighting. She would be up close when needed. If anything she enjoyed it most.

She pauses a little. At the bottom of the bag was a burnt paper. She touches it lightly with her fingers. The last hunt hadn't been a good one. Yes the demon was stopped but much more was lost that day.

Finishing up, she left her house and went back outside to Alora.

Alora's casual way of taking in the area around her told many she wasn't really a being that was to be messed with. Her golden gaze danced over to the door Racina had went in. She was taking longer than the demon would have liked but she knew getting ready for war was never a short affair. There was more than just getting the needed weapons. Tilting her head back she stared up at the sky. While many things changed on earth only a few change changed in the heavens. The great heavenly realm was still as quiet as a crypt. Who knew if the gods that dwelt there even cared any more what happened to earth.

Hearing the girl exit the house she glanced at her, "Ready?" She asked lightly, "Keep in mind little human you may not make it out of this ordeal alive. Are you ready for that?"

Are you ready for the possibility of failure, she wanted to ask further. But she figured the human realm needed others to be hopeful for it.

Racina paused a little as Alora asked that question. It was a question she had constantly asked herself when in training. Her features seem to set as she pushes the past from her mind.

She nods. "I'm ready, for whatever happens." She knew it would be foolish to act arrogant in such a situation but if she had to give her life to save more, she would. She understood the risks of this life. She had seen the death of her sister and her familiar. Her last hunt.

The female nodded as she motioned with her head for the woman to come along as she headed down the street the place had been too quiet telling her the battle was dangerous enough now that they were evacuating people as quickly as possible. But what struck her even more was the lack of demons and exorcists. It was too quiet for her liking.

Every part of her was telling her to run, to go the other way. That was the first clue that they were in trouble. Palming one of her pistols, she glances around a bit then looks to Alora.

"Do you feel that?" She whispers. The sense of a trap was growing. What was going on out here. It made her wonder if she should have tried to contact her brother.

Alora turned then to the woman, "I have a feeling there are greater forces behind this than originally thought..." Her eyes flicked away and down the street. A tall man stood at the end. His face covered by a mask. He was dressed in a military sort of uniform. The fox's eyes grew wide as she grabbed the woman's hand a pulled her behind her, "Stay."

The male came closer, "Good day, Kitsune," He greeted gently, "What are you doing in this realm?"

"I live here. You?"

"I'm looking for real estate," He returned.

86e30c3c84c5e136e0658eeae45a29f7.jpg

That unease she felt only increased. She pushed it aside though as she gazed at the male. This was no normal battle or war like what had been happening, no this was something worse.

Her hand tightened on her gun as she eyes the male. She glances to Alora but kept behind her for now. She was ready though to fight if needed. Something told her though, she was not strong enough to fight the male before them.

Back