Blue Exorcist (Fanfiction Realm)

The youkai nodded, "Dear there is little I don't notice," Her gaze found something not far from them, "So due to your inactivity she died? It's amusing how you humans shift blame from those responsible," A burst of flame flicked from her hand and slammed through some white goop, "Don't let that junk touch you."

She looks at the goop carefully. "What is it?" She asks as she keeps away from it.

Blame...she did blame herself for her sister's death. If she had stopped the demon sooner, her sister would still be alive. Her entire family blamed her for it. She shouldn't have even been out hunting to begin with.

"It's part of the demon that is about to be reborn. It has a weakness to fire," She explained lightly before she glared at the human, "Let others blame you all they like you didn't tell you sister to follow you much less get herself killed."

She nods at her words. "How close do you think it is to being reborn? Can we stop it?"

She visibly flinched at Alora's words. "I know you speak the truth..." and in her heart she knew the female did. Yet she wasn't ready to forgive herself, to let the idea of it being her fault go.

She shakes her head a bit and looks around as they move. They needed to focus on the task at hand, not her past.

She nods a bit. "And here I was just going to sleep in tomorrow." She smiles. It was a poor attempt at humor.

The kitsune was a poor receiver of humor, "Sleep? Really you humans are truly annoying at times," She busied herself with burning all the why fungus she could see.

She had to smile and nods. "That I will admit is true. " She would have to learn not to tell jokes anymore.

As Alora dealt with the fungus, she kept and eye out for movement. Still there was no sign of anything now. No humans, no priests, no hunters, no demons, no nothing. That made no sense. Something like this going on and no one was around?

The area of this thing was expansive from what Alora knew but how large was a major question. She felt the flare of something she hadn't expected and frowned. Had that been Satan's energy? No it was took weak but either way she wasn't getting any closer to it.

Racina nods a bit and looks towards Alora. "Felt that too?" She looks around. Then stops, just ahead of them on the ground was an ancient blade with a blessing engraved into its metal that had been covered by fungus before Alora had gotten rid of it.

She drew her guns and was looking around carefully. She wanted to call out for her father but she didnt. She grits her teeth. "That's his sword."

Moving carefully to the sword, she nudged it with her foot. It was real. Kneeling down she holsters one gun to pick the blade up.

Her ears perked a little, "Worried it will bite you?" She inquired as she watched the woman kick the blade before picking it up. Oh silly humans she thought again to herself. They were amusing as well she admitted. Alora burned away more of the fungus.

She shakes her head slightly. "Last time I tried to touch it, it burned me." She shrugs a little. " plus I was certain if it was real or not."

She looks around again. There was no sign of blood or limbs for that matter. So where was he. He would never leave his sword laying around.

She nods a bit. "I'm sure there was." She starts walking again, moving carefully. Her hand was tight on the sword as she moved.

There seemed to be more fungus growing about the area the more they walked. The scent was starting to make her nose itch. She was surprised it took so long to bother her.

She stops again as a large shape appeared at the end of the street. She glances to Alora. "Friend or foe?"

Alora glanced at her, "I'm not sure to be honest," She sniffed then sneeze, "I can't smell it thanks to the spores in the air."

Racina nods slightly. "I was afraid you were gonna say that." She mutters then starts walking towards the large form. It was about double her size and as she got closer she could see it was a forest type demon.

Why was a forest demon in the middle of the city? The fungus? Could it be drawing it out? Yet as she stood there the creature didn't move. Didn't even look at her. She glances to Alora. "Usually not violent unless provoked...Wonder why he is here."

Alora got closer as well then blinked up at the large green man, "Same reason I'm here," She smiled then tilted her head. Her fire fanned out destroying more of the fungus, "There are types of plant life that work well against fungus but it takes a lot of energy usually."

She nods a bit. That was a good thing then at least. She smiles to the forest man. She hadn't seen one outside the forest before but was glad for his help but also concerned because that meant this fungus was worse and had drawn out the forest demon. It made her wonder who else it would draw out.

She nods to Alora as the forest demon turned and headed in the direction where more fungus was growing. "Should we follow him or leave him be?"

"Leave him be. Their kind tend to be peaceful no matter what. To see them angry is rare and when you do it's already too late to do anything about it," She burned more of the fungus as she found herself thinking about all that could be lost to the demon they were fighting. Millions of people would have to move from the island of Japan.

Racina nods a bit to her as they keep moving. The air was clearing up with the removal of the fungus but there was a chance that it wasn't going to be enough. She moves gently focusing on the area they were in. It was up ahead. They were almost to the center. Whatever was causing all of this was just up ahead.

She held her father's sword carefully. It felt warm in her hand but not burning. It was a strange sensation but she pushes the thoughts aside and kept moving forward.

Back