Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, absolutely!" Margreet started walking alongside Azel. "Basically, we need to get through this trial without breaking these wooden weapons. Use one up once, and we fail."

"Goodness! What an ordeal! Are you all any closer to your goal?"

Margreet shifted from one foot to the other. "Uh...not really, I don't think..."

"I see." The group now arrived at the next area. A large stack of crates blocked a fence, and a large fire slime could be seen rolling around right in front of them. Just beyond, the snarling and growling of what was most certainly many enemies echoed.

"Oh dear...we're not even halfway through this! How are we going to keep our weapons in one piece?"

@Lucky @Takumi

---

"It seems we're still due Northwest," Zelda replied, checking the embers. "It won't be long now..."

@Alex Azure @Hida Tomonatsu @Siege

---

"Just about everyone who died showed up on the island," Lee replied. "...except Ken. And a few others, apparently. But just about everyone was there, yes. As for what we did...it seemed a number of us could leave each time a Traitor was discovered. After solving sone sort of puzzle, that is."

@Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Siege

---

"Hardy har har. Dell, kid. Just scrouge around these decayed ones."

Guy found another Ancient Screw, and though Guardian Six did have an Ancient Core, the one they walked up to suddenly started...glowing?

BotW_Decayed_Guardian_Model.png

Uh-oh. Looks like it's not quite dead.

Its beam target began its scan of the duo, ultimately locking on Yuuki, preparing to fire!

@Crow @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Lucky @Takumi @Ver

---

Enu would have all his items now, and could instantly arrive at Trial of Wood, Trial of the Wild, Trial of Second Sight, or Torin Wetland.

@York

Guy found another Ancient Screw, and though Guardian Six did have an Ancient Core, the one they walked up to suddenly started...glowing?

Its beam target began its scan of the duo, ultimately locking on Yuuki, preparing to fire!

"Guy, Wakaba, anyone, ready to assist?"

Yuuki decides to use his shield to protect against the Guardian's blast, hopefully use it to deflect it somewhere.

@Crow @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Lucky @Takumi @Ver @Yun Lee

"Oh, absolutely!" Margreet started walking alongside Azel. "Basically, we need to get through this trial without breaking these wooden weapons. Use one up once, and we fail."

"Goodness! What an ordeal! Are you all any closer to your goal?"

Margreet shifted from one foot to the other. "Uh...not really, I don't think..."

"I see." The group now arrived at the next area. A large stack of crates blocked a fence, and a large fire slime could be seen rolling around right in front of them. Just beyond, the snarling and growling of what was most certainly many enemies echoed.

"Oh dear...we're not even halfway through this! How are we going to keep our weapons in one piece?"

@Lucky @Takumi

---

"It seems we're still due Northwest," Zelda replied, checking the embers. "It won't be long now..."

---

"Just about everyone who died showed up on the island," Lee replied. "...except Ken. And a few others, apparently. But just about everyone was there, yes. As for what we did...it seemed a number of us could leave each time a Traitor was discovered. After solving sone sort of puzzle, that is."

---

---

Enu would have all his items now, and could instantly arrive at Trial of Wood, Trial of the Wild, Trial of Second Sight, or Torin Wetland.

@York

"Good! And then we can eat a well deserved meal!" Shallot said.

@Yun Lee @Alex Azure @Hida Tomonatsu

"Anyways, let us continue. Linkle? Which direction shall we head?" Akuma asked.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister

"Guy, Wakaba, anyone, ready to assist?"

Yuuki decides to use his shield to protect against the Guardian's blast, hopefully use it to deflect it somewhere.

❝ O-Oh no! ❞ Nadeshiko yelped out again, considering that this was another Guardian that's activated on its own. Of course, knowing on how it could go, the pinkette couldn't watch.

Peter-Amazing

" I have an idea." he said, attempting to parkour over the slime and land on the crates without touching the slime with either his body or his weapons. He wasn't sure that it was the smart idea to do, but it was better than him doing nothing and letting them do nothing.

Peter-MCU

" Oh, Dell, that was it. I guess it would be better than to wake up a living one. Look out.... sword guy," he said.

@Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Lucky @Takumi @Ver @Yun Lee

"Tch, another one!" Guy clicked his tongue, forced to resort to his Fire Arrows with his trump card already used up. Hoping that Yuuki's defense would adequately protect himself and Kokkoro as the Guardian's attention was fixated on those two, he attempted to fire two arrows, back to back, right at the creature, trying his best to aim for the eye like before!

@Crow @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Donder172 @Takumi @Lucky

Peter would be successful, but looking out over the crates, he would see that the forest path went on for a good while, and was full of slimes, bats, and skeletons.

"You know..." Brook thought aloud. "We had those fire creatures on our island. If they roll over the grass enough, the flames produce an updraft, which theoretically could send us to the shrine!"

"Really? But...isn't that cheating?"

"Is it? The rules say to not break weapons, not to not avoid fights."

Margreet was unsure. "I don't know...what do you guys think?"

@Lucky @Takumi

---

"Straight ahead it is, then." Lee affirmed. And, as they continued on, finally their goal was in sight. A clearing up ahead revealed...

kuhn_sidajj_15.jpg

...a rusty shield on a giant rock.

"That's it?!" Lee cried indignantly. "All that for some mangy shield?!"

---

Up ahead, they finally made it to a clearing. It was relatively peaceful, too, as only grass could be seen. Well, that and...

"The Shrine!"

MaagHalanShrine.jpg

Sure enough, the shribe could be seen in the distance, past a large lake. "Now, to just get over there and...oh no." Zelda halted as she noticed how bubbly and brown the water was. "A poisonous bog! Oh no...how are we going to get across now?"

---

(Die roll: 2)

BOOM!

It appeared that poor Yuuki had deflected too soon, leaving him wide open. The Guardian blast would send him flying, and he would feel as if punched by a flaming fist of steel, as he was now on fire.

The two arrows would hit, but seemed not to do that much damage. The Guardian now turned on Guy, locking on him as its next target!

"Damn!" Guy exclaimed to himself, clicking his tongue before raising his shield next in hopes of defending himself from the Guardian's next blast!

@Yun Lee @Wetlands

Peter would be successful, but looking out over the crates, he would see that the forest path went on for a good while, and was full of slimes, bats, and skeletons.

"You know..." Brook thought aloud. "We had those fire creatures on our island. If they roll over the grass enough, the flames produce an updraft, which theoretically could send us to the shrine!"

@Lucky @Takumi

---

"Straight ahead it is, then." Lee affirmed. And, as they continued on, finally their goal was in sight. A clearing up ahead revealed...

kuhn_sidajj_15.jpg

---

Up ahead, they finally made it to a clearing. It was relatively peaceful, too, as only grass could be seen. Well, that and...

"The Shrine!"

MaagHalanShrine.jpg

Sure enough, the shribe could be seen in the distance, past a large lake. "Now, to just get over there and...oh no." Zelda halted as she noticed how bubbly and brown the water was. "A poisonous bog! Oh no...how are we going to get across now?"

---

BOOM!

It appeared that poor Yuuki had deflected too soon, leaving him wide open. The Guardian blast would send him flying, and he would feel as if punched by a flaming fist of steel, as he was now on fire.

The two arrows would hit, but seemed not to do that much damage. The Guardian now turned on Guy, locking on him as its next target!

"Hmph... a waste of time..." Akuma said.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @MelodyMeister

"Hmm... If I only had my levitation power..." Shallot said.

@Lucky @Takumi

---

kuhn_sidajj_15.jpg

---

"The Shrine!"

MaagHalanShrine.jpg

---

BOOM!

Levitation or not, Jin didn't much care for what Shallot had to say regarding his own powers. Instead, his eyes raised upwards to the trees, examining them for a few moments to see if they might be able to climb from tree to tree to cross, "We could perhaps use the trees... or if we could start a large enough blaze, we could use the upswell in air to launch ourselves up and glide across."

@Hida Tomonatsu @Yun Lee @Siege

"The Shrine!"

MaagHalanShrine.jpg

Levitation or not, Jin didn't much care for what Shallot had to say regarding his own powers. Instead, his eyes raised upwards to the trees, examining them for a few moments to see if they might be able to climb from tree to tree to cross, "We could perhaps use the trees... or if we could start a large enough blaze, we could use the upswell in air to launch ourselves up and glide across."

@Hida Tomonatsu @Yun Lee @Siege

View attachment 3109
"Start a fire? I can take care of that! Stand back everyone!"

Akane loaded a Fire Arrow into her duplex bow and fired at the ground in front of them. The bow would split the arrow into two. Two fire arrows should create an updraft from lighting the grass, and hopefully not the whole forest, ablaze.

@Yun Lee @Hida Tomonatsu @Siege

“...Many say the journey is what counts, but I don’t see how fighting your way through monsters for a worthless shelid is nothing then a waste of time. As he said. What the hell, Linkle? Did you lead us to the wrong path!?”
Reimu switched from annoyed to angry in a span of two sentences, all that for nothing, it wasn’t like that wasn’t normal, but it was frustrating either way!

There had to be a silver lining though, Reimu just knew it.
The shrine maiden took a closer look at the shield.

“Maybe it’s like that sword, and it’s secretly powerful once we get rid of the rust. I don’t want to believe we came all the way here for a stupid, unusable shield.”
@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Siege

@Lucky @Takumi

---

kuhn_sidajj_15.jpg

---

"The Shrine!"

MaagHalanShrine.jpg

---

BOOM!

"We have limited options it seems. As long as we work together though, I believe we can conquer this trial easily." Azel said after a moment of thought.

@Yun Lee @Lucky

BOOM!

"Don't leave!"

Wakaba shouted at Yuuki and Kokkoro. Still holding too many weapons to actually be able to use even one of them, she ran over to two while Guy fired his special arrow. Panting, she held up the strange weapons she'd found to the two of them.

"I mean, um, I don't want to impose on your freedom. But if it's weapons you need...I'm more comfortable with a sword than either of these things. They sort of look like that arrow Guy's using, so they should be helpful. Or, so I was told."

She'd be lying if she said she wasn't surprised, even if Jin had already previously come back from the dead. The border between life and death seemed awful thin here, but that strangely enough felt like it was for the best. Not wanting to weigh her allies down in the middle of battle, Wakaba put on a strong face. She held back her regret for her failure in preventing their deaths and just accepted things as they were for now.

@Crow @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Donder172 @Ver @Takumi @Wetlands

"Fortunately, these are Wetlands," Kokkoro says as Yuuki jumps into some water to extinguish the flames that veiled him. "We should probably be used to this by now."

Even if he was still burning, he continued to stand as if unaffected.

The duo unleashed the Guardian weapons they had recently been given. Now was the right time to use their full power.

"Thank you, Nogi Wakaba..."

That was what Yuuki said with a burning grin as he took advantage of the Guardian focusing on Guy to cut its frontal right leg off with the guardian chainsaw, while Kokkoro would do the same, targeting the hind left leg with the guardian spear.

"It seems that these are rather fitting weapons for us, with their shapes linked to our skill."

@Yun Lee @Ver @Kaykay

Last edited:
“...Many say the journey is what counts, but I don’t see how fighting your way through monsters for a worthless shelid is nothing then a waste of time. As he said. What the hell, Linkle? Did you lead us to the wrong path!?”
Reimu switched from annoyed to angry in a span of two sentences, all that for nothing, it wasn’t like that wasn’t normal, but it was frustrating either way!

There had to be a silver lining though, Reimu just knew it.
The shrine maiden took a closer look at the shield.

“Maybe it’s like that sword, and it’s secretly powerful once we get rid of the rust. I don’t want to believe we came all the way here for a stupid, unusable shield.”
@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Siege

"...Maybe you have a point." Akuma said, noting Reimu's deduction.

Lee glanced around the area, spotting something to the distance. "Isn't this called the Trial of Second Sight? Why not look around before lashing out?" He seemed to ignore the fact that moments ago, he had done the same thing.

It seemed to lights were on either side of a tree with a gaping mouth carved into its trunk.

---

Sure enough, the fire would lead to an updraft, one that would fortunately be high enough to cross over the bog. Now just to fly over and take your place at the shrine...

---

"Marvellous! Now, we need someone to distract that thing. Allow me...to nominate Peter for the job! Yoohoo! Peter! Get that thing to chase you and start a-"

BOOM!

"EEK!!!" Brook cowered as the slime suddenly exploded into flames, leaving a large fire among the grass.

Margreet put her bow away with a smile. "Problem solved!"

@Lucky @Takumi

---

Wakaba's attack would land and do a small amount of damage, but not quickly enough to stop the beam from hitting Guy. Fortunately, he would successfully deflect, causing the beam to shoot right back in its eye. Just as with the Ancient Arrow, the Guardian short-circuited and exploded, leaving behind Ancient Screws and Ancient Springs.

"Fucking Hell...and still no Giant Core from all this shit."

(Die roll: 5)​

Lee glanced around the area, spotting something to the distance. "Isn't this called the Trial of Second Sight? Why not look around before lashing out?" He seemed to ignore the fact that moments ago, he had done the same thing.

It seemed to lights were on either side of a tree with a gaping mouth carved into its trunk.

---

Sure enough, the fire would lead to an updraft, one that would fortunately be high enough to cross over the bog. Now just to fly over and take your place at the shrine...

---

"Marvellous! Now, we need someone to distract that thing. Allow me...to nominate Peter for the job! Yoohoo! Peter! Get that thing to chase you and start a-"

BOOM!

"EEK!!!" Brook cowered as the slime suddenly exploded into flames, leaving a large fire among the grass.

Margreet put her bow away with a smile. "Problem solved!"

@Lucky @Takumi

---

Wakaba's attack would land and do a small amount of damage, but not quickly enough to stop the beam from hitting Guy. Fortunately, he would successfully deflect, causing the beam to shoot right back in its eye. Just as with the Ancient Arrow, the Guardian short-circuited and exploded, leaving behind Ancient Screws and Ancient Springs.

"Fucking Hell...and still no Giant Core from all this shit."

(Die roll: 5)​

"Let's look then." Akuma said, noting Lee's deduction too.

"Here we go!" Shallot said, jumping and whipping out his paraglider to glide to the Shrine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back