Status
Not open for further replies.
Henry Hart

Henry looked up at the sky and frowned. " I feel like the storm got worse. It looks like it is stretching back towards the dry land. Wonder if the kid knows how to turn it off or if he even can.' He looked over at Billy who wasn't really moving. Actually, nope, that felt like a lost cause. " Oh yeah, I nearly forgot to introduce myself. I'm Henry Hart, don't think my superhero name matters much. Don't feel like much of a hero here," He took a moment to pause. " To think that less than half of us remain after four days, even after we all agreed to try to not kill and beat Arcade. Feels like a far cry from that, nothing but a dream- or I guess a distant memory. Interesting question, that thing, that pawn of Arcade, how much of him do you think is still Billy Batson and how much do you think is just lost? Because it feels like he's all gone- or at least any sane part of him. It's strange to think that was the kid who promised not to kill or at least he proclaimed it pretty loudly and now, now he's just a shell. That's no more Billy Batson or even Shazam- than we are heroes. And if we keep playing this game..... only one of us is going to make it home. I'm going to head whatever way you're going. Going anywhere alone is a mistake and the last thing I want is to wind up back in a place like the badlands alone."

@Yun Lee @Sark

Laura had been on the alert the moment she got here and Angel locking the door behind him came as no surprise.

*SNIKT*

The claws on her on her left hand popped out as Angel spouted on about his divine retribution. "I think even you realize that everything you've done up to this point has been playing right into Arcade's hands. The only death that's going to stop this is Arcades. That's the only body count I'm after." She motioned towards the door. "I'm going to tell you how this is going to go. I'm staying here waiting for him," Her hand went from the door to Wally. "To get better and leaving to find Arcade. If that's going to be your goal too then great, we can work together."

*SNIKT*

Her right hand claws popped out. "But if you're going to continue with this Messiah and justified killing stuff then we're done. Because that means you're a threat and another of Arcade's puppets."

@Sark @Takumi
@Camp Angel
For a moment, Angel was silent. His eyes danced from Laura's face to her claws and back again. Beyond his darting eyes, his body was rigid and unflinching. The moment passed. He sighed.
View attachment 4127
"I won't pretend that I'm not disappointed, Laura..." Angel whispered. "I had hoped things could have ended differently between us. I had hoped that you would see the light. But I was wrong about you. I thought you were different but no... no... you're just like them..." His wings twitched in anticipation. "You'd steal me away from my work. My mission. And for what? To deal with a symptom whilst his tumors still thrive? You dare to call me Arcade's tool, Laura!! No! I am His!"

Warren threw his body back and opened his arms wide. His wings extended as far as his bones would allow, revealing the bloody feathers that lay hidden behind the clean ones. He closed his eyes and called out to the Heavens!

"I am God's! He was the one who sent me here! He was the one who sent those sinners to my doorstep! He was one one who gave me this strength and made me whole!"

Warren's feathers began to twitch and shimmer as if they had been struck by a glittered wind. His skin grew pale. His lips turned blue.

"And my God is Might!"

A yellow hue consumed his eyes.

"My God is Vengeance!"

His robes grew darker by the second. White was replaced by black.

"My God is Fury and Justice!"

A metal film overcame his feathers. They became like razors. The same razors that surrounded his home. The same razors that had impaled the non-believers at his doorstep.
View attachment 4128
"My God is the Archangel!

The Archangel took slow, deliberate steps towards Laura.

"And you dare to question my allegiances? What authority do you have and how is it greater than my own? The Dogs I have brought before my blades ceased to be his the moment they stepped foot into my home. Just as Wallace did. Just as you have. You all became mine. I had hoped to enlighten you both... but your minds are too small. Far too small. You leave my no choice but to redeem you through bloodshed! To baptize you in fire!"

The sound of shredding metal filled the hut. It grew louder by the second. It was unbearable. Under the cover of the screaming steel, Archangel struck out at Laura, his right wing lunging reaching forth like a lance.

"You dare to come into my Temple and feed me petty threats! You disgust me!"

@Jeremi @Takumi
Henry Hart

Henry looked up at the sky and frowned. " I feel like the storm got worse. It looks like it is stretching back towards the dry land. Wonder if the kid knows how to turn it off or if he even can.' He looked over at Billy who wasn't really moving. Actually, nope, that felt like a lost cause. " Oh yeah, I nearly forgot to introduce myself. I'm Henry Hart, don't think my superhero name matters much. Don't feel like much of a hero here," He took a moment to pause. " To think that less than half of us remain after four days, even after we all agreed to try to not kill and beat Arcade. Feels like a far cry from that, nothing but a dream- or I guess a distant memory. Interesting question, that thing, that pawn of Arcade, how much of him do you think is still Billy Batson and how much do you think is just lost? Because it feels like he's all gone- or at least any sane part of him. It's strange to think that was the kid who promised not to kill or at least he proclaimed it pretty loudly and now, now he's just a shell. That's no more Billy Batson or even Shazam- than we are heroes. And if we keep playing this game..... only one of us is going to make it home. I'm going to head whatever way you're going. Going anywhere alone is a mistake and the last thing I want is to wind up back in a place like the badlands alone."

@Yun Lee @Sark
@Flooded Plains---> Drylands
View attachment 4129

"Uhh.... it's hard to say..." Conner muttered, slicking back his soaking hair. "I mean, Shazam's been a dork since he came here, but I've been watching the replays. Even before he decided to crank things up to 11, he still had a bit of blood on his hands. We've all changed since we got here... maybe Billy just changed for the worst? Then again, if that Dork's saying that there's no good left in him... well... if I were some evil mind monster, that's what I'd say to get people to stop trying to help me? But hey. What do I know?"
It felt good to finally leave the Flooded Plains, despite the perils of the journey. With 3 telekentics in their party, the Travelers were able to part of the larger waves that blocked their path with ease, though the chill of the wind and its cutting sting was enough to break the spirits of any man. The roar of the distant thunder was enough to remind them that Shazam was still out there. Still alive. Still waiting. It was as if the wind itself was his breath of their necks.

The warmth of the Drylands was a welcome change. Though the seemed to burned brighter than it had that morning, it brought with it a feeling of security. The Wizard's lightning couldn't reach them here.
View attachment 4130
"Now this is more like it!" Conner cried, drinking in the light of the wasteland. "I mean, sure, its dusty, and it's exactly a easy on the eyes... but who cares? We've got all we need right here! We've got a possible cannibal with a killer spider for a bestie-" He shot a finger gun towards Henry. "A creep demon child-" He shot another towards Mantis. "A crazy Ninja-Lady to lead us--" Jainyu. "And, of course, the piece de resistance, a Superman! What could possibly go wrong?"

@Yun Lee @Lucky

@Flooded Plains
View attachment 4132
Even with Jainyu, Henry, Manits and Conner out of its range, the storm continued to scream and swell. The Flooded Plains continued to flood, until the water met the sky. Submerged in a sea of his own creation, Shazam remained trapped in a telekinetic tower. A small dinghy boat skipped over the crashing waves. Its captains stood at its helm. He folded his arms and smiled, showing over the storm.
View attachment 4133
"My dearest creation... you've really put your foot in it now, haven't you? Breaking apart my previous island, letting the heroes unionize... whatever next? Letting them escape... oh... wait.. did that too, didn't you?" The Captain laughed and began to float from his deck. He flicked the edge of the telekinetic tunnel, sending emerald rippled across it's red shell. "Come on now. You've made your point. Now get yourself out of there and get back to work. I didn't give you all that power just for some second-rate kryptonian could get the jump on you. Come on. Hop to!"

@Lucky

"I had a plan in place....sorta had one in place. Half of it was being made up as I went." She grumbled.

"For now I guess we adapt and uh, try to make it to the last day, yeah?" How many more hours did they even have until day six? With the adrenaline leaving her body by this point exhaustion hit her like a pile of bricks. Tearing a piece of cloth from her shirt she kneeled down and pressed it roughly into Eli's hands.

"Clean your face." She huffed. With no need to be at each other's throats anymore she wasn't sure where that really left them. She was too tired to think any harder about it.

@Sark
@Red Team Camp
View attachment 4135

"'Don't die?' Great plan, Alice..." Eli muttered, wiping his eye clean. "We've got 40 hours left. What does it matter how long we last? We can get revenge of Laura for sending us to the Frozen Plains. We can hunt the Orange Team. Doesn't matter. We can escape our fate. They'll all die with us. I guess I can take solace in that... It's not as if..."
View attachment 4136
A dash of conviction stirred behind Eli's eye. The cogs in his mind began to turn. Perhaps things were hopeless after all... and perhaps he could use that...
"Whatever you're planning. I've got something better in mind." In a flash, Eli ducked pasted Alice, grabbing her gun from her belt and cocking it. He pressed the barrel to his head and smiled. "Don't expect an apology for that flesh wound, by the way. If it matters, I wish I hadn't done it. That's the closest you're going to get."

With a crack, a gunshot echoed throughout the air. Lightning struck the dirt beside Liquid. By the time Alice's sight returned, an all too familiar figure appeared. His finger was pressed down the barrel of Alice's gun.
View attachment 4137
"Alright, you brat. I would have let you spray yourself across the sand, but we've already had one of you shits try to off themselves this week. I'm not about to let you kids try the same trick twice. That would kill the ratings..."

"Shut up and listen, old man..." Eli snapped, pulling his gun out of Arcade's grasp. "You gave Alice a deal. I'm guess she's not the first to sell out to you. I want in."

"Eli, Eli, Eli..." Arcade muttered, pacing the beach. "That's really not how this thing works. See, I make the demands, you do the killing..."

"Not anymore." Eli placed the pistol back against his temple. "Things are about to change around here. You've stopped one bullet. Let's see if you can stop a dozen more!"

"I probably could. Or I could just let you die, and tell you to shove your 'boon' up your--"

"If you let me die, the rest of the Island has a way out. I shoot myself. Alice shoots herself. We make it onto the highlight reel. Others are going to follow in our footsteps. You can kiss your game good-bye. Kids with nothing to lose tend to make dangerous decisions."

"You tried to kill Alice like five minutes ago."

"I had given up. And I really wanted to hurt someone. It wasn't personal."

"It looked pretty personal, Short-round, and hope's a dangerous thing, kid. What makes you think she'll follow you now?"

"Because she's about as crazy as I am, only a little bit more optimistic."

Arcade gave Alice a look that screamed you seeing this shit? With a roll of his eyes and a rub of his temples, Arcade relented.

"Fine. You win, you little shit. You get 1 minute to make your pitch. Get greedy and I'll kill you myself, and I'll be sure to make it both painful and entertaining. If agree to your terms, you get straight back to killing. A corpse by the end of the day, or the deal's off. Same goes for you, Alice. You try anymore stupid shit, and I'll personally start a little gas leak in that darling home of yours..."

"Sounds fair..." The Mamba's eyes darted to Alice. "I know my terms, Alice. You have any of your own?"

@Takumi

Last edited:
@Camp Angel
For a moment, Angel was silent. His eyes danced from Laura's face to her claws and back again. Beyond his darting eyes, his body was rigid and unflinching. The moment passed. He sighed.
View attachment 4127
"I won't pretend that I'm not disappointed, Laura..." Angel whispered. "I had hoped things could have ended differently between us. I had hoped that you would see the light. But I was wrong about you. I thought you were different but no... no... you're just like them..." His wings twitched in anticipation. "You'd steal me away from my work. My mission. And for what? To deal with a symptom whilst his tumors still thrive? You dare to call me Arcade's tool, Laura!! No! I am His!"

Warren threw his body back and opened his arms wide. His wings extended as far as his bones would allow, revealing the bloody feathers that lay hidden behind the clean ones. He closed his eyes and called out to the Heavens!

"I am God's! He was the one who sent me here! He was the one who sent those sinners to my doorstep! He was one one who gave me this strength and made me whole!"

Warren's feathers began to twitch and shimmer as if they had been struck by a glittered wind. His skin grew pale. His lips turned blue.

"And my God is Might!"

"My God is Vengeance!"

A metal film overcame his feathers. They became like razors. The same razors that surrounded his home. The same razors that had impaled the non-believers at his doorstep.
View attachment 4128

"And you dare to question my allegiances? What authority do you have and how is it greater than my own? The Dogs I have brought before my blades ceased to be his the moment they stepped foot into my home. Just as Wallace did. Just as you have. You all became mine. I had hoped to enlighten you both... but your minds are too small. Far too small. You leave my no choice but to redeem you through bloodshed! To baptize you in fire!"

The sound of shredding metal filled the hut. It grew louder by the second. It was unbearable. Under the cover of the screaming steel, Archangel struck out at Laura, his right wing lunging reaching forth like a lance.

@Jeremi @Takumi

View attachment 4129

"Uhh.... it's hard to say..." Conner muttered, slicking back his soaking hair. "I mean, Shazam's been a dork since he came here, but I've been watching the replays. Even before he decided to crank things up to 11, he still had a bit of blood on his hands. We've all changed since we got here... maybe Billy just changed for the worst? Then again, if that Dork's saying that there's no good left in him... well... if I were some evil mind monster, that's what I'd say to get people to stop trying to help me? But hey. What do I know?"
It felt good to finally leave the Flooded Plains, despite the perils of the journey. With 3 telekentics in their party, the Travelers were able to part of the larger waves that blocked their path with ease, though the chill of the wind and its cutting sting was enough to break the spirits of any man. The roar of the distant thunder was enough to remind them that Shazam was still out there. Still alive. Still waiting. It was as if the wind itself was his breath of their necks.

The warmth of the Drylands was a welcome change. Though the seemed to burned brighter than it had that morning, it brought with it a feeling of security. The Wizard's lightning couldn't reach them here.
View attachment 4130
"Now this is more like it!" Conner cried, drinking in the light of the wasteland. "I mean, sure, its dusty, and it's exactly a easy on the eyes... but who cares? We've got all we need right here! We've got a possible cannibal with a killer spider for a bestie-" He shot a finger gun towards Henry. "A creep demon child-" He shot another towards Mantis. "A crazy Ninja-Lady to lead us--" Jainyu. "And, of course, the piece de resistance, a Superman! What could possibly go wrong?"

@Yun Lee @Lucky

@Flooded Plains
View attachment 4132
Even with Jainyu, Henry, Manits and Conner out of its range, the storm continued to scream and swell. The Flooded Plains continued to flood, until the water met the sky. Submerged in a sea of his own creation, Shazam remained trapped in a telekinetic tower. A small dinghy boat skipped over the crashing waves. Its captains stood at its helm. He folded his arms and smiled, showing over the storm.
View attachment 4133
"My dearest creation... you've really put your foot in it now, haven't you? Breaking apart my previous island, letting the heroes unionize... whatever next? Letting them escape... oh... wait.. did that too, didn't you?" The Captain laughed and began to float from his deck. He flicked the edge of the telekinetic tunnel, sending emerald rippled across it's red shell. "Come on now. You've made your point. Now get yourself out of there and get back to work. I didn't give you all that power just for some second-rate kryptonian could get the jump on you. Come on. Hop to!"

@Lucky

@Red Team Camp
View attachment 4135

"'Don't die?' Great plan, Alice..." Eli muttered, wiping his eye clean. "We've got 40 hours left. What does it matter how long we last? We can get revenge of Laura for sending us to the Frozen Plains. We can hunt the Orange Team. Doesn't matter. We can escape our fate. They'll all die with us. I guess I can take solace in that... It's not as if..."
View attachment 4136
A dash of conviction stirred behind Eli's eye. The cogs in his mind began to turn. Perhaps things were hopeless after all... and perhaps he could use that...
"Whatever you're planning. I've got something better in mind." In a flash, Eli ducked pasted Alice, grabbing her gun from her belt and cocking it. He pressed the barrel to his head and smiled. "Don't expect an apology for that flesh wound, by the way. If it matters, I wish I hadn't done it. That's the closest you're going to get."

With a crack, a gunshot echoed throughout the air. Lightning struck the dirt beside Liquid. By the time Alice's sight returned, an all too familiar figure appeared. His finger was pressed down the barrel of Alice's gun.
View attachment 4137
"Alright, you brat. I would have let you spray yourself across the sand, but we've already had one of you shits try to off themselves this week. I'm not about to let you kids try the same trick twice. That would kill the ratings..."

"Shut up and listen, old man..." Eli snapped, pulling his gun out of Arcade's grasp. "You gave Alice a deal. I'm guess she's not the first to sell out to you. I want in."

"Eli, Eli, Eli..." Arcade muttered, pacing the beach. "That's really not how this thing works. See, I make the demands, you do the killing..."

"Not anymore." Eli placed the pistol back against his temple. "Things are about to change around here. You've stopped one bullet. Let's see if you can stop a dozen more!"

"I probably could. Or I could just let you die, and tell you to shove your 'boon' up your--"

"If you let me die, the rest of the Island has a way out. I shoot myself. Alice shoots herself. We make it onto the highlight reel. Others are going to follow in our footsteps. You can kiss your game good-bye. Kids with nothing to lose tend to make dangerous decisions."

"It looked pretty personal, Short-round, and hope's a dangerous thing, kid. What makes you think she'll follow you now?"

Arcade gave Alice a look that screamed you seeing this shit? With a roll of his eyes and a rub of his temples, Arcade relented.

"Fine. You win, you little shit. You get 1 minute to make your pitch. Get greedy and I'll kill you myself, and I'll be sure to make it both painful and entertaining. If agree to your terms, you get straight back to killing. A corpse by the end of the day, or the deal's off. Same goes for you, Alice. You try anymore stupid shit, and I'll personally start a little gas leak in that darling home of yours..."

"Sounds fair..." The Mamba's eyes darted to Alice. "I know my terms, Alice. You have any of your own?"

@Takumi

"Your God?" Laura actually scoffed seemingly not impressed by the man in front of him. "Your delusion has blinded you to the truth right in front of you. If I have to cut the strings off one of Arcade's puppets to save the others then that's what I'll do."

The young mutant had been anticipating an attack and put up a magic barrier to try and block most of the attack despite the grating sound of metal filling her ears. "You're too far gone to be reasoned with!" Ducking low Weapon Hex tried to slice Archangel on his abdomen. She needed to find an opening to pop one of her claws in a place that would take him down permanently.

@Sark @Takumi

@Camp Angel
View attachment 4127

"And my God is Might!"

"My God is Vengeance!"

View attachment 4128

@Jeremi @Takumi

View attachment 4129

View attachment 4130

@Yun Lee @Lucky

@Flooded Plains
View attachment 4132
View attachment 4133

@Lucky

@Red Team Camp
View attachment 4135

View attachment 4136

View attachment 4137

@Takumi

Everything was moving way too fast for Alice. Blinking, she stared as Arcade and Eli practically talked over her head as if she wasn't right there near them.

Now she had to change her plan. That was fine, she just had to keep adapting to what was going on around her. She scowled at Arcade when he mentioned starting a gas leak, the fire writhing and twisting for a moment as if in response to the threat. For a second she really wanted to get her hands on Arcade and slam his face into the dirt. She settled for flipping the bird at the redhead before Eli grabbed her attention.

When asked about her terms, the gears started turning again. She hadn't thought about any back up terms, figuring that she'd either end up dead in the process of 'playing the game' or end up beating the shit out of Eli before ending up in this kind of situation. Her hand falling back at her side she took a moment to think through her headache.

@Sark

Nezumi stayed as quiet as humanely possible after the door was locked, trying to stick to the shadows.

With all the commotion going on inside, Nezumi looked for any form of weapon while outside the hut, even looking through the corpses if possible.

@Sark @Jeremi

Everything was moving way too fast for Alice. Blinking, she stared as Arcade and Eli practically talked over her head as if she wasn't right there near them.

Now she had to change her plan. That was fine, she just had to keep adapting to what was going on around her. She scowled at Arcade when he mentioned starting a gas leak, the fire writhing and twisting for a moment as if in response to the threat. For a second she really wanted to get her hands on Arcade and slam his face into the dirt. She settled for flipping the bird at the redhead before Eli grabbed her attention.

When asked about her terms, the gears started turning again. She hadn't thought about any back up terms, figuring that she'd either end up dead in the process of 'playing the game' or end up beating the shit out of Eli before ending up in this kind of situation. Her hand falling back at her side she took a moment to think through her headache.

@Sark

Nezumi stayed as quiet as humanely possible after the door was locked, trying to stick to the shadows.

With all the commotion going on inside, Nezumi looked for any form of weapon while outside the hut, even looking through the corpses if possible.

@Sark @Jeremi
@Red Team Camp
"Where's that big mouth of yours gone, Alice?" Arcade grinned. "Go on. Call me a boomer for old times sake. Let me know the lights are all on upstairs."

"I've told you to shut up once, old man. I won't say it twice." Eli snapped, pressing the barrel into his temple that little bit harder. "I'll go first, then..."

"Fine. Whatever. What are your terms, sir? Your wish is my begrudging command..."

Eli crossed the beach between them, his eyes dancing to Alice as he passed her. A tinge of guilt danced in his eyes. The Red Headed Madman beckoned him closer. Eli leaned in close and whispered into Arcade's ear. With every word, Arcade's smile grew larger.

"Oh, Oh, Oh my... that's quite the Christmas Present you're after, kiddo. That's real big..."

"Are you telling me you can't do it?"

"Oh, I never said that. I can give it to you in a heart beat, but it won't come cheap"

"I'll be paying in blood, I suppose? How much?"

"Lots. Lots and Lots and Lots. But you'll get what you're after. You'll even the odds."

With a crack, Eli ejected a bullet from the pistols chamber and threw into the sand. He followed Arcade's directions and approached the doorway.

"He's taking us to the Drylands, Alice. We're going to finish you Kill-List and some more. We're going to win this game. I've made sure of it. If you've got nothing to ask for... we should get going..."

@Takumi
"Your God?" Laura actually scoffed seemingly not impressed by the man in front of him. "Your delusion has blinded you to the truth right in front of you. If I have to cut the strings off one of Arcade's puppets to save the others then that's what I'll do."

The young mutant had been anticipating an attack and put up a magic barrier to try and block most of the attack despite the grating sound of metal filling her ears. "You're too far gone to be reasoned with!" Ducking low Weapon Hex tried to slice Archangel on his abdomen. She needed to find an opening to pop one of her claws in a place that would take him down permanently.

@Sark @Takumi
@Camp Angel
"I am no puppet! I am the Puppet-Master!" Angel cried, blocking her low strike with his free wing. Within moments, his techno-organic feathers had recovered any damage her strike had inflicted upon then. As Warren parried the slash, he ejected a dozen razor feathers from his wings. The streams of silver cut deep into Laura's shoulder and thigh, filling her body with a crippling pain. "I do not need to be reasoned with, Laura! I am reason! My will is logic itself. My decrees are law!"
View attachment 4138
"Submit! Repent! Kneel, or be purified before my radiance!"
Outside the Cabin, Nezumi would catch sight of something glistening in the hand of one of the corpses.
View attachment 4139
A purple dagger sat in the blooded hand of Maeve. Specs of silver blood still sat upon blade, the remnants of her brief resistance against the Archangel.
@Takumi @Jeremi

@Red Team Camp
"Where's that big mouth of yours gone, Alice?" Arcade grinned. "Go on. Call me a boomer for old times sake. Let me know the lights are all on upstairs."

"I've told you to shut up once, old man. I won't say it twice." Eli snapped, pressing the barrel into his temple that little bit harder. "I'll go first, then..."

"Fine. Whatever. What are your terms, sir? Your wish is my begrudging command..."

Eli crossed the beach between them, his eyes dancing to Alice as he passed her. A tinge of guilt danced in his eyes. The Red Headed Madman beckoned him closer. Eli leaned in close and whispered into Arcade's ear. With every word, Arcade's smile grew larger.

"Oh, Oh, Oh my... that's quite the Christmas Present you're after, kiddo. That's real big..."

"Oh, I never said that. I can give it to you in a heart beat, but it won't come cheap"

"Lots. Lots and Lots and Lots. But you'll get what you're after. You'll even the odds."

With a crack, Eli ejected a bullet from the pistols chamber and threw into the sand. He followed Arcade's directions and approached the doorway.

"He's taking us to the Drylands, Alice. We're going to finish you Kill-List and some more. We're going to win this game. I've made sure of it. If you've got nothing to ask for... we should get going..."

@Takumi

@Camp Angel
"I am no puppet! I am the Puppet-Master!" Angel cried, blocking her low strike with his free wing. Within moments, his techno-organic feathers had recovered any damage her strike had inflicted upon then. As Warren parried the slash, he ejected a dozen razor feathers from his wings. The streams of silver cut deep into Laura's shoulder and thigh, filling her body with a crippling pain. "I do not need to be reasoned with, Laura! I am reason! My will is logic itself. My decrees are law!"
View attachment 4138
Outside the Cabin, Nezumi would catch sight of something glistening in the hand of one of the corpses.
View attachment 4139
A purple dagger sat in the blooded hand of Maeve. Specs of silver blood still sat upon blade, the remnants of her brief resistance against the Archangel.
@Takumi @Jeremi

044295ef712a1aad1b9e0ee4a0d928741cfc580b.jpg

Alice nearly shot back an insult at the hit to her intelligence, but Eli spoke up beforehand. She huffed and got to her feet, brushing off dirt and sand in the process.

The guilty look Eli gave her made her eyes narrow, making a mental note to figure out what the fuck it meant or what his terms were.

She gave one final thought to any terms she might add, but nothing came to mind. Her headache still pounded away in an annoying manner too, and she temporarily pressed a hand against her forehead, sighing through her nose.

c571b7a8fed2c9a77a4a54531c05a2d816c768b4.jpg

"Alright, let's go." She spoke up with a gruff grunt, following after Eli and holding out her hand after removing it from her head.

"Give me my gun back first." She didn't feel quite right without it.

@Sark

Nezumi reached for the blade in Meave's hand and took it.

tumblr_inline_pamvm74o4m1sfrtcl_100.png

'This will do just fine.' he thought, as he began to hear struggling from inside. From there, he tried to see if there was any other way inside other than the front door. If not, he'd see if there was anything else that could be of use outside the hut.

@Sark @Jeremi

Last edited:
@Red Team Camp

@Takumi

@Camp Angel
View attachment 4138
View attachment 4139
@Takumi @Jeremi

"Hng, you're delusional." Laura tried to protect herself as best she could from the flechette of feathers coming her way. Her innate healing protected her from the worst cuts but at this point it wouldn't take long for Archangel to wear her down with the continuous damage she was receiving.

Then a plan started forming. Every time she had tried to use her healing hexes they had backfired badly. Now was a good a time as any to see if that was true all the time. Fighting through the pain Laura ducked and weaved as best she could attempting to get close enough to use her healing hex on her foe. However...as Weapon Hex was spinning her spell it felt different. It felt, right.

Seemed like the magic had returned to her so instead she changed gears. Instead of a healing spell she'd attempt her teleportation spell to get Archangel as far as way that she could. Laura had no idea where she'd send him but at this point anywhere but here was good.

@Sark @Takumi

Last edited:
Jianyu sighed as she took in her new surroundings. Well, at least there was finally no water...she could handle being a little dry for a while. As Connor listed off their team, though, she was rather surprised by something he said. Leader? Her? Jianyu had never led anyone before. To be in such a position now, well. Had she really come so far?

But if she was gonna commit to this whole leader thing, she needed to make sure everything around this safe zone was in order. So, she took a good look around, seeing what this zone had to offer the group.

@Sark @Lucky

Henry Hart/ Kid Danger

Henry took a moment to process what he had said. " You know, it's weird to think that he has blood on his hand and got to number 1. I feel like he didn't mean to kill those people, but rescue them. That being said, I think that's what broke him. It was after that he went crazy... yet there is something that is bugging me. Why did he let us go? Sure, he couldn't kill you or Mantis without a big fight, but me and your other friend, I feel like he could have.... but it felt like he didn't want to try. I feel like there is something we are missing. But whatever."
There was something nice about being part of a team, even if they weren't the group he had started with. It felt good to be with people who could help him with the spider problem. Maybe they could take Arcade, but yet, he had to wonder how many others Arcade had broken to play his game. Who was left fighting for the chance at freedom and who was fighting for promises like the one he made with the giant spider? He didn't know and it worried him a lot though.

He took a moment to feel the warmth of the drylands and it felt all too familiar. It felt weird to think that this was a different circumstance than what he had started with, but e wasn't alone which was all that mattered.

" Well, I can certainly say that I have spent the most time here than anyone else on the island. My group started off here in the drylands and spent two days before I wound up here and now I'm back here, it's weird to think that I circled backwards in the way. Is it depressing that we aren't too far from where we traveled? Also, if I am going to take a wild guess at what can go wrong, I imagine Arcade could have put a bounty on our heads for breaking his little game and defeating his new toy."

@Yun Lee @Sark

" Billy Batson"

" Billy" took a moment to catch his breath, knowing that the storm wouldn't stop. Why was it that the weaker part of him could still have enough control of him that he let them escape? He knew he could break it, but each time he attempted, the weaker half would stop him. It needed to go, he needed to destroy it... but how? He was still Billy Batson and that was the problem. The name had remained, so it can still feel connected.

"My dearest creation... you've really put your foot in it now, haven't you? Breaking apart my previous island, letting the heroes unionize... whatever next? Letting them escape... oh... wait.. did that too, didn't you?" The Captain laughed and began to float from his deck. He flicked the edge of the telekinetic tunnel, sending emerald rippled across it's red shell. "Come on now. You've made your point. Now get yourself out of there and get back to work. I didn't give you all that power just for some second-rate kryptonian could get the jump on you. Come on. Hop to!"[

" Forgive me Father, for I have done wrong," he told him, seeming to have looked like he was about to cry for all that had gone wrong with him.
tumblr_inline_p4pxvy0I6N1s73iks_540.png

He took a moment to compose himself before he mumbled her his breath. " Shazam." He took a deep breath and looked at the reflection, have flown out and hovering over the both. He didn't look like the version his father had made. He was less than.before, less dartk.... he didn't like it. Still crying too, still broken.

View attachment 4144

"
He needs to die. He's trying to fight his way back. He doesn't like this deal and with the powers back, he can try to squash me. Father, I need a name, an alias that isn't his. That is not tied to his past, no Billy Batson, no the name that will make me him again. I need something to strike fear into the heart of my enemy. Name me father, name your son, so I can go back to being your ringmaster, your showman without any fear or insecurity. And then tell me where I should go to serve you best and not interfere with your plans."

@Sark

" Billy Batson"

" Billy" took a moment to catch his breath, knowing that the storm wouldn't stop. Why was it that the weaker part of him could still have enough control of him that he let them escape? He knew he could break it, but each time he attempted, the weaker half would stop him. It needed to go, he needed to destroy it... but how? He was still Billy Batson and that was the problem. The name had remained, so it can still feel connected.

"My dearest creation... you've really put your foot in it now, haven't you? Breaking apart my previous island, letting the heroes unionize... whatever next? Letting them escape... oh... wait.. did that too, didn't you?" The Captain laughed and began to float from his deck. He flicked the edge of the telekinetic tunnel, sending emerald rippled across it's red shell. "Come on now. You've made your point. Now get yourself out of there and get back to work. I didn't give you all that power just for some second-rate kryptonian could get the jump on you. Come on. Hop to!"[

" Forgive me Father, for I have done wrong," he told him, seeming to have looked like he was about to cry for all that had gone wrong with him.

He took a moment to compose himself before he mumbled her his breath. " Shazam." He took a deep breath and looked at the reflection, have flown out and hovering over the both. He didn't look like the version his father had made. He was less than.before, less dartk.... he didn't like it. Still crying too, still broken.
" He needs to die. He's trying to fight his way back. He doesn't like this deal and with the powers back, he can try to squash me. Father, I need a name, an alias that isn't his. That is not tied to his past, no Billy Batson, no the name that will make me him again. I need something to strike fear into the heart of my enemy. Name me father, name your son, so I can go back to being your ringmaster, your showman without any fear or insecurity. And then tell me where I should go to serve you best and not interfere with your plans."

@Sark
@Flooded Plains

"My boy, my boy, my boy..." Arcade tutted, placing his pal, upon Billy's shoulder. "Do you really think I have a plan? No..." He smiled and turned away from his disciple. "It's not that simple. I have an Endgame. It's much greater than a plan. You are the one with the plans. You are the ones with the missions. I may be the Arcade, but you are the ones with the controllers. I make the game, you play it as you choose. If you want to win, you play by the rules. If you don't... well... the other you learned that lesson the hard way. This island is your play thing, Ringmaster. Don't go forgetting it. Nothing here can stop you. Not the Superboy. Not the other you. Nothing. Well, not nothing-nothing. The Drylands are quite dangerous this time of year. I mean, you can go there if you like, but if I might make a suggestion... there's a particularly troublesome Champion hiding away in the Jungle. Inside the Archangel's Fort. You have my full permission to... smoke them out, so to say..."

View attachment 4153

"Go on then... Ringmaster..." Arcade shot a finger gun towards Shazam, summoning another Mighty blast of lightning. "Yes... Consider yourself baptised. Wear that name with pride. My Ringmaster... you have work to do..."

@Lucky

Henry Hart/ Kid Danger

Henry took a moment to process what he had said. " You know, it's weird to think that he has blood on his hand and got to number 1. I feel like he didn't mean to kill those people, but rescue them. That being said, I think that's what broke him. It was after that he went crazy... yet there is something that is bugging me. Why did he let us go? Sure, he couldn't kill you or Mantis without a big fight, but me and your other friend, I feel like he could have.... but it felt like he didn't want to try. I feel like there is something we are missing. But whatever."

There was something nice about being part of a team, even if they weren't the group he had started with. It felt good to be with people who could help him with the spider problem. Maybe they could take Arcade, but yet, he had to wonder how many others Arcade had broken to play his game. Who was left fighting for the chance at freedom and who was fighting for promises like the one he made with the giant spider? He didn't know and it worried him a lot though.

He took a moment to feel the warmth of the drylands and it felt all too familiar. It felt weird to think that this was a different circumstance than what he had started with, but e wasn't alone which was all that mattered.

" Well, I can certainly say that I have spent the most time here than anyone else on the island. My group started off here in the drylands and spent two days before I wound up here and now I'm back here, it's weird to think that I circled backwards in the way. Is it depressing that we aren't too far from where we traveled? Also, if I am going to take a wild guess at what can go wrong, I imagine Arcade could have put a bounty on our heads for breaking his little game and defeating his new toy."

@Drylands

"Yeah, I guess we've all been taking one step forward and too steps back ever since we got here," Conner sighed. "I mean, we all started off at the Clearing, but what have any of us really done? I mean, Angel and Wally built a house and stuff, but where did it get them? The rest of us have just... been drifting about the place. Every camp we start gets burned, or flooded, or struck by lighting or... wait a minute..."

Conner squinted, activating his telescopic vision...

@Lucky @Yun Lee

Alice nearly shot back an insult at the hit to her intelligence, but Eli spoke up beforehand. She huffed and got to her feet, brushing off dirt and sand in the process.

The guilty look Eli gave her made her eyes narrow, making a mental note to figure out what the fuck it meant or what his terms were.

She gave one final thought to any terms she might add, but nothing came to mind. Her headache still poured away in an annoying manner too, and she temporarily pressed against her forehead, sighing through her nose.

"Alright, let's go." She spoke up with a gruff grunt, following after Eli and holding out her hand after removing it from her head.

"Give me my gun back first." She didn't feel quite right without it.
@Red Team Camp--> Drylands
"It's all yours." Eli flicked the safety catch and returned the firearm to Alice. "I've got a different weapon in mind..."
Alice passed through Arcade's Golden Door and into a long metallic corridor. As she walked, she felt the wound on her shoulder heal, seal and close. The tunnel was repairing her. Healing her. Preparing her for the fight ahead.

The door behind her closed. Another opened at the end of the hall. Light poured from it. Wind roared through it. A handful of sand drifted across the tiles. It called for her to step through it. It called for her to step forth.

View attachment 4140

The door snapped shut behind her. Her eyes adjusted to the new region. Eli was nowhere to be seen. In the distance, Alice could make out the silhouettes of 4 figures on a nearby hillside...
@Takumi

"Hng, you're delusional." Laura tried to protect herself as best she could from the flechette of feathers coming her way. Her innate healing protected her from the worst cuts but at this point it wouldn't take long for Archangel to wear her down with the continuous damage she was receiving.

Then a plan started forming. Every time she had tried to use her healing hexes they had backfired badly. Now was a good a time as any to see if that was true all the time. Fighting through the pain Laura ducked and weaved as best she could attempting to get close enough to use her healing hex on her foe. However...as Weapon Hex was spinning her spell it felt different. It felt, right.

Seemed like the magic had returned to her so instead she changed gears. Instead of a healing spell she'd attempt her teleportation spell to get Archangel as far as way that she could. Laura had no idea where she'd send him but at this point anywhere but here was good.

@Sark @Takumi

@Camp Angel

View attachment 4145

"Remove that unclean hand from me! Do not touch me, you heathen wi---"

[BOOM]

In a flash of light, Angel was gone. In his absence, silence fell across the cabin.

View attachment 4146

"Is he?" Wally spluttered, stumbling to his feet. "Where did you...? You know what? Forget I asked..." Kid flash peeled the silver feather from his forehead and whipped the dried blood from his face. He was... alive? Safe? For the first time since he arrived at Arcade's clearing, Wally could breathe easy. He smiled. "I guess I should thank you for the whole 'not leaving me to die thing'. So... thanks? I mean, you had every right to leave me to die. I just... gotta ask. Why not just... leave me out there? I sided with Buck. I helped him try to kill you... and you're just... letting me live?"

@Jeremi @Takumi

Jianyu sighed as she took in her new surroundings. Well, at least there was finally no water...she could handle being a little dry for a while. As Connor listed off their team, though, she was rather surprised by something he said. Leader? Her? Jianyu had never led anyone before. To be in such a position now, well. Had she really come so far?

But if she was gonna commit to this whole leader thing, she needed to make sure everything around this safe zone was in order. So, she took a good look around, seeing what this zone had to offer the group.

@Sark @Lucky

Noon
Worlds Collide
Number of Survivors: 17 Number of Dead: 15 Hours until Extinction: 36 hours
@Red Team (Alice Swayne @Takumi )(Eli/Liquid Snake) (Hnikar/ @Crow )
@Team Psycho (Jianyu @Yun Lee )(Henry Hart/Kid Danger @Lucky )(Conner Kent/ Superboy)(Tretij Rebenok/Psycho Mantis)(Isabeau @Minerva ) @Orange Team (Warren Worthington III/ Archangel) @Team Beetle (Max Griffin) (Jiame Reyes/Blue Beetle) @Team Vanitas (Vanitas @Gummi Bunnies

The Dryland safezone was quiet. Almost too quiet. No birds flew overhead. The wind had stopped blowing. A handful of small, shrivelled trees sat at its heart beside a small, crumbled hut that was all too familiar to Mantis. Vanitas had unknowing passed through the safe zone on his second day on the island, Mantis in tow.

A flickering flame danced on a nearby plateau.

View attachment 4147

"Wait a second..." Conner scowled. "If my telescopic vision isn't failing me... and if this ain't some craze mirage... that's... that's the chick who got blasted across the island by Laura on day one... how the Hell did she get here now...?"

Another flame appeared on one of the Dryland's mountainsides. A figure tumbled from the sky and struck the earth with a crunch and a cry. His wings sparkled in the mid-day sun.

View attachment 4148

"Oh crap... Angel... But we left him in the Jungle... how could he be..?"

Lightning struck some distant sand, turning it to class in an instant. Conner felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end. Thank God... it wasn't Billy. It was Hnikar.

"Great... more of them... looks like we've got a party on our hands, ladies and gents..."

In the distance, a tower of sand rose and fell. Vanitas had escaped the jaws of the Dryland Beast. His journey to the safe zone had come to a close.

"11 people... great... 11 people in the same safe zone... that's just... great... I don't think they've seen us yet... if we're going to run, or fight, or whatever, we better make up our minds soo---"

[BOOM]

The Drylands began to tremble. Sand danced across the shaking stones. The stone hut at its heart collapsed under the force of the tremors. The dry, cracked soil began to crack further. Something was moving underground. Something big.

Lightning poured from the cuts in the earth. A sonic boom shredded the air. Stones were sent hurtling towards the heavens as the ground parted. A mechanical beast rose from the blackness with a heaving groan. Its grey skull was the fist thing to emerge, its silver sheen blunted by the cloud of dust that came in its wake. With its head above sea level, its mighty legs followed suit. The creature leapt from its whole and landed with a boom. At full height, it stood no less than 24 meters tall.

View attachment 4149

Sahalanthropus howled into the evening sky. Speakers screeched to life, and a familiar voice called across the Drylands.

"I know you're out here somewhere, Alice. I suggest you take cover. I know you the rest of you can see me. I know you can all see me."

With a creak and a cry, Sahalanthropus lowered its stance and primed its weapons. The rail gun that sat upon its shoulder began to lower until it aligned with Hnikar's cliff face.

"You see, people like me- the inferior people- never stood chance here. What could my manchette do against a God of Thunder? But now? I've evened the odds...

"I've struck a deal with Arcade. In return for your heads, he's given me a weapon... a weapon to surpass even Shazam! He's given me a shot at revenge. A shot at freedom! And I'll its going to cost me... is you. And that's a price I'm willing to pay..."

Sahalanthropus engine began to hum. Its weapons began to glow. Eli thinned his eyes and twisted his lips to form a sick smile.

View attachment 4152

"Goodbye, Hnikar! I won't be needing you anymore!"

With a flash and a roar, Eli unleashed the full power of his rail gun.

[KRAKOOM]

One moment Hnikar had been there. In the blink of an eye, he and the stones he had been standing upon were gone.

Hnikar: Status: Deceased! Obliterated by Sahalanthropus' Rail Gun

Eli laughed as the smoke began to clear.

"The Game Ends here, tonight! All of you! Say your prayers!"

@The Drylands Boss Battle

Last edited:

@Flooded Plains

"My boy, my boy, my boy..." Arcade tutted, placing his pal, upon Billy's shoulder. "Do you really think I have a plan? No..." He smiled and turned away from his disciple. "It's not that simple. I have an Endgame. It's much greater than a plan. You are the one with the plans. You are the ones with the missions. I may be the Arcade, but you are the ones with the controllers. I make the game, you play it as you choose. If you want to win, you play by the rules. If you don't... well... the other you learned that lesson the hard way. This island is your play thing, Ringmaster. Don't go forgetting it. Nothing here can stop you. Not the Superboy. Not the other you. Nothing. Well, not nothing-nothing. The Drylands are quite dangerous this time of year. I mean, you can go there if you like, but if I might make a suggestion... there's a particularly troublesome Champion hiding away in the Jungle. Inside the Archangel's Fort. You have my full permission to... smoke them out, so to say..."

View attachment 4153

"Go on then... Ringmaster..." Arcade shot a finger gun towards Shazam, summoning another Mighty blast of lightning. "Yes... Consider yourself baptised. Wear that name with pride. My Ringmaster... you have work to do..."

@Lucky

@Drylands

"Yeah, I guess we've all been taking one step forward and too steps back ever since we got here," Conner sighed. "I mean, we all started off at the Clearing, but what have any of us really done? I mean, Angel and Wally built a house and stuff, but where did it get them? The rest of us have just... been drifting about the place. Every camp we start gets burned, or flooded, or struck by lighting or... wait a minute..."

@Lucky @Yun Lee

"It's all yours." Eli flicked the safety catch and returned the firearm to Alice. "I've got a different weapon in mind..."
Alice passed through Arcade's Golden Door and into a long metallic corridor. As she walked, she felt the wound on her shoulder heal, seal and close. The tunnel was repairing her. Healing her. Preparing her for the fight ahead.

The door behind her closed. Another opened at the end of the hall. Light poured from it. Wind roared through it. A handful of sand drifted across the tiles. It called for her to step through it. It called for her to step forth.

View attachment 4140

The door snapped shut behind her. Her eyes adjusted to the new region. Eli was nowhere to be seen. In the distance, Alice could make out the silhouettes of 4 figures on a nearby hillside...
@Takumi

@Camp Angel

View attachment 4145

[BOOM]

In a flash of light, Angel was gone. In his absence, silence fell across the cabin.

View attachment 4146

"Is he?" Wally spluttered, stumbling to his feet. "Where did you...? You know what? Forget I asked..." Kid flash peeled the silver feather from his forehead and whipped the dried blood from his face. He was... alive? Safe? For the first time since he arrived at Arcade's clearing, Wally could breathe easy. He smiled. "I guess I should thank you for the whole 'not leaving me to die thing'. So... thanks? I mean, you had every right to leave me to die. I just... gotta ask. Why not just... leave me out there? I sided with Buck. I helped him try to kill you... and you're just... letting me live?"

@Jeremi @Takumi

Noon
Worlds Collide
@Team Psycho (Jianyu @Yun Lee )(Henry Hart/Kid Danger @Lucky )(Conner Kent/ Superboy)(Tretij Rebenok/Psycho Mantis)(Isabeau @Minerva ) @Orange Team (Warren Worthington III/ Archangel) @Team Beetle (Max Griffin) (Jiame Reyes/Blue Beetle) @Team Vanitas (Vanitas @Gummi Bunnies

The Dryland safezone was quiet. Almost too quiet. No birds flew overhead. The wind had stopped blowing. A handful of small, shrivelled trees sat at its heart beside a small, crumbled hut that was all too familiar to Mantis. Vanitas had unknowing passed through the safe zone on his second day on the island, Mantis in tow.

View attachment 4147

"Wait a second..." Conner scowled. "If my telescopic vision isn't failing me... and if this ain't some craze mirage... that's... that's the chick who got blasted across the island by Laura on day one... how the Hell did she get here now...?"

Another flame appeared on one of the Dryland's mountainsides. A figure tumbled from the sky and struck the earth with a crunch and a cry. His wings sparkled in the mid-day sun.

View attachment 4148

Lightning struck some distant sand, turning it to class in an instant. Conner felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end. Thank God... it wasn't Billy. It was Hnikar.

"Great... more of them... looks like we've got a party on our hands, ladies and gents..."

In the distance, a tower of sand rose and fell. Vanitas had escaped the jaws of the Dryland Beast. His journey to the safe zone had come to a close.

"11 people... great... 11 people in the same safe zone... that's just... great... I don't think they've seen us yet... if we're going to run, or fight, or whatever, we better make up our minds soo---"

[BOOM]

The Drylands began to tremble. Sand danced across the shaking stones. The stone hut at its heart collapsed under the force of the tremors. The dry, cracked soil began to crack further. Something was moving underground. Something big.

Lightning poured from the cuts in the earth. A sonic boom shredded the air. Stones were sent hurtling towards the heavens as the ground parted. A mechanical beast rose from the blackness with a heaving groan. Its grey skull was the fist thing to emerge, its silver sheen blunted by the cloud of dust that came in its wake. With its head above sea level, its mighty legs followed suit. The creature leapt from its whole and landed with a boom. At full height, it stood no less than 24 meters tall.

View attachment 4149

Sahalanthropus howled into the evening sky. Speakers screeched to life, and a familiar voice called across the Drylands.

"I know you're out here somewhere, Alice. I suggest you take cover. I know you the rest of you can see me. I know you can all see me."

With a creak and a cry, Sahalanthropus lowered its stance and primed its weapons. The rail gun that sat upon its shoulder began to lower until it aligned with Hnikar's cliff face.

"You see, people like me- the inferior people- never stood chance here. What could my manchette do against a God of Thunder? But now? I've evened the odds...

"I've struck a deal with Arcade. In return for your heads, he's given me a weapon... a weapon to surpass even Shazam! He's given me a shot at revenge. A shot at freedom! And I'll its going to cost me... is you. And that's a price I'm willing to pay..."

Sahalanthropus engine began to hum. Its weapons began to glow. Eli thinned his eyes and twisted his lips to form a sick smile.

View attachment 4152

[KRAKOOM]

One moment Hnikar had been there. In the blink of an eye, he and the stones he had been standing upon were gone.

"Like I told the Angel,"
Weapon Hex replied as her claws popped back inside. "I'm done playing Arcade's game. The only one out to kill in this place is Arcade and no one else. And I'm going to try my absolute best to make that a reality. If everyone else believe him then well.....I guess I have to save you all from your bad decisions too."

She turned to face the Speedster. "How does that sound?"

@Sark @Takumi

Ringmaster ( Formerly Known as Billy Batson/Shazam)

The thing formerly known as Billy Batson stared at the man who had fathered him, He didn't mind the pal being there. " Oh, that makes a lot more sense, plans can be foiled and thrown to the dust, end games are final." He was surprised that he still trusted him so much after the other one nearly ruined everything. It was something else to realize that he was the one who was in control, the one who could change the game to his liking. " I don't think he'll like that, but then again, rules have loopholes I can use. I do like the island idea the island is mine to play with. " He beamed with pride that almost nothing could stop him and he made a note that the drylands was a dangerous place. He paused for a beat. " I did a good thing by letting the other champions escape that way, then, father?" He asked. He wondered what Champion was hiding away in the jungle and in the fort. He did like the idea of finding new friends to fight. The old ones fought dirty and unfair,. perhaps there was a way to use the other powers to his advantage.

" I won't let you down again, Father. I have a plan this time," he replied, looking over and back to see he was back to the darker version he had become. He took off to the jungle and flew straight to Angel''s fort, carefully changing away from the others line of sight. " Shazam." He walked into the forest, looking like Billy Batson again, just another mask, he took a deep breath and practiced his next words, and climbed towards Nezumi, Laura and Wally. " Holy Moly, that's a lot of corpses, by the entrance, what happened here?" Sure he was still on fire, but he already had a lie prepared if they asked.

@Jeremi @Sark @Takumi

Henry Hart/Kid Danger

" I feel the same way, each and every time, it feels like we progress, it feels like nothing else happened in the meantime. Perhaps in a way, that's the point. Though there is one enemy we also have to worry about, time. Eventually, this island is set to explode and if we aren't all dead, he will certainly just destroy it. It's the perfect twist, the idea that there will be no winner. That being said.... I have the strangest uneasy feeling."

As if to make a point, Henry quickly realized there were at least eleven people here in the safe zone. Well, that was a problem, specifically because that meant there were more chances to get killed. To make matters worse for him.... " Oh, look, the guy who tried to kill me and sent his pet with me to the forest..... that's just fan-fuckingtastic." God, it felt good to curse. " Well, that certainly is going to be a problem, specifically, if he can blow someone like that guy sky high. Perhaps we should not fight that head on, but from a distance. If we can destroy the mech, well, the man inside said it himself. He's human and well, humans can take beatings like Billy did, like telekinetic blasts or even deadly lasers, but we need to get rid of the mech first. It's him or us- and I personally prefer it to be him. Specfically because that means the spider gets some dinner and won't try to kill me for not feeding him. Actually, that gives me an idea. Oh, spiders, if you would like to help in some way, that would be great and then your aster can have a nice tasty treat because if I die, I can't feed him yummy food. Also, not sure if you all realize this, but might be a good idea to NOT kill each now, call a truce until metal man dies and then we can go back to trying to murder each other."

@Gummi Bunnies @York @Takumi @Sark @Crow @Yun Lee @Minerva

Last edited:

@Flooded Plains

View attachment 4153

@Lucky

@Drylands

@Lucky @Yun Lee

View attachment 4140

@Takumi

@Camp Angel

View attachment 4145

[BOOM]

View attachment 4146

@Jeremi @Takumi

Noon
Worlds Collide

View attachment 4147

View attachment 4148

[BOOM]

View attachment 4149

View attachment 4152

[KRAKOOM]

Putting her gun back in it's place, Alice went to follow Eli through the doors before stopping short.

"Hey Geezer, I just thought of something..." She turned to Arcade with an unreadable expression, hand held out for a shake. She didn't bother to see if Eli was even waiting for her, assuming he was just going ahead and not too bothered with the thought of him basically leaving her for a second.

"They're simple conditions really, I'm sure you can make them work, yeah?" She said with a tilt of her head as she went ahead and take his hand, her other reaching for his tie to pull him to eye level with her.

60fc8b7281ceeb5578400162bf6e2c2e04415bc1.jpg

"Take Eli off my little hit list. You can put anyone in his place except for Hnikar. If I somehow fail at playing your little game or simply off myself? Let my loved ones back home continue on with their lives and don't ever go back to my world. Don't ever contact them again. Deal?"

. . .

b2f03dc362128d94e30fec735afb6cf10d12da00.jpg

Alice stared at where Hnikar was for a moment, and suddenly there was a wave of heat that came from Alice that caused sand to pick up, her hair waving about from the release of the heat, her eyes locked on to where her former team member was moments ago, the memory of what felt like seconds before coming to mind and playing on loop.

She was going to beat Eli black and blue damn it all.

"Eli, I'm going to beat the shit out of you." She groaned, face landing in her hands.

Okay, she could work with this, two of the other people originally on her hit list had to be present, right? She could let her frustration out on them and then punch Eli in the face.

@Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Lucky @Minerva @Crow

Nezumi peeked through one of the windows and upon seeing that Angel seemed to be gone, he'd attempt to get the door open by picking the lock or just shouldering it open.

Billy showing up had his instincts tell him to get away, and he turned his head to look at Billy with furrowed brows.

The kid seemed a bit too casual to Nezumi, and the fact he was on fire on top of that.

"Does it matter?" He questioned, eyeing Billy warily.

@Jeremi @Sark @Lucky

Last edited:
The guy who tried to kill Henry, huh...that was worth keeping an eye on. In the meantime, though, there was something just a wee bit more pressing at the moment. Another idiot who made a deal with Arcade for powers, AND a member of the Orange Team? Great. Just great. Eleven people here and of fucking COURSE that number was about to just fucking plummet. This was not good for her rage, but no problem. Jianyu was more than happy to give up some of her power again to her three teammates. "It goes without saying, but we need these two dead," she said with a sigh. "Maybe once they're out of here we can finally have peace."

@Sark @Lucky @Takumi

"Like I told the Angel," Weapon Hex replied as her claws popped back inside. "I'm done playing Arcade's game. The only one out to kill in this place is Arcade and no one else. And I'm going to try my absolute best to make that a reality. If everyone else believe him then well.....I guess I have to save you all from your bad decisions too."

She turned to face the Speedster. "How does that sound?"

@Sark @Takumi
@Camp Angel Cabin
View attachment 4156
"Yeah... yeah I guess that makes sense..." Wally mattered to himself. He slowly made his way across the hut and unlatched the door. "I know playing Arcade's game isn't the smart choice. It's not rational but... I've just got so much to lose if things go wrong. There's so much at stake, I--."

His mind started to wander. He thought of home. Of Jai and Iris' beaming faces staring up at him. He could let them down. He couldn't let them grow up without him.

But he couldn't become the kind of father they would be ashamed to have. A coward. A murderer. He relaxed his muscles, letting the speed force crackle through him. It was time to grow up. It was time to act his age. Laura was right. It was time to take responsibility...

"If we're going to take down Arcade, we're going to need an army. We're going to need to gather as many survivors as we can and pull every dirty trick we know just to get a small shot at beating him. I mean, the odds... they really aren't on your side right now... but..." He exhaled slowly, focusing his racing thoughts… "But... I am. I'm tired of running from my problems. Whatever you're planning, you can count me in..."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky
Nezumi peeked through one of the windows and upon seeing that Angel seemed to be gone, he'd attempt to get the door open by picking the lock or just shouldering it open.

Billy showing up had his instincts tell him to get away, and he turned his head to look at Billy with furrowed brows.

The kid seemed a bit too casual to Nezumi, and the fact he was on fire on top of that.

"Does it matter?" He questioned, eyeing Billy warily.

@Jeremi @Sark @Lucky
" I won't let you down again, Father. I have a plan this time," he replied, looking over and back to see he was back to the darker version he had become. He took off to the jungle and flew straight to Angel''s fort, carefully changing away from the others line of sight. " Shazam." He walked into the forest, looking like Billy Batson again, just another mask, he took a deep breath and practiced his next words, and climbed towards Nezumi, Laura and Wally. " Holy Moly, that's a lot of corpses, by the entrance, what happened here?" Sure he was still on fire, but he already had a lie prepared if they asked.
@Camp Angel Ext.
"Warren happened. Or, I guess 'Archangel' happened." Wally muttered as he stepped from the doorway of the cabin, following the sounds of the nearby voices. "It was some 'ritual of cleansing' or something. I left here before he could explain his motives. We didn't exactly get along."

Kid Flash raised his hands above his head in surrender as he entered into the courtyard.

"Now, I've kept an eye on the scoreboards. I don't want any trouble from either of you. Angel's gone now, but he'll probably be back before we know it. If you guys want to take some of his supplies you're welcome to. I'll take my share, and then we can all go back to staying out of each other's way. Cool?"

@Lucky @Takumi @Jeremi
Alice stared at where Hnikar was for a moment, and suddenly there was a wave of heat that came from Alice that caused sand to pick up, her hair waving about from the release of the heat, her eyes locked on to where her former team member was moments ago, the memory of what felt like seconds before coming to mind and playing on loop.

She was going to beat Eli black and blue damn it all.

"Eli, I'm going to beat the shit out of you." She groaned, face landing in her hands.

Okay, she could work with this, two of the other people originally on her hit list had to be present, right? She could let her frustration out on them and then punch Eli in the face.
@Drylands/Sahalanthropus Fight
"No, Alice." Sahalanthropus' speakers called. "No you won't. You and I both know that this is our best chance of leaving here alive." Eli's railgun began to power up once again. It's angle decreased until it aligned with Team Psycho. "We can finish your hitlist in a heartbeat. It'll be like swatting flies with a weapon like this! We're at the top of the food chain! This is your chance to get exactly what you want!! So pick up your gun, solider, and get to work!!"

@Takumi
As if to make a point, Henry quickly realized there were at least eleven people here in the safe zone. Well, that was a problem, specifically because that meant there were more chances to get killed. To make matters worse for him.... " Oh, look, the guy who tried to kill me and sent his pet with me to the forest..... that's just fan-fuckingtastic." God, it felt good to curse. " Well, that certainly is going to be a problem, specifically, if he can blow someone like that guy sky high. Perhaps we should not fight that head on, but from a distance. If we can destroy the mech, well, the man inside said it himself. He's human and well, humans can take beatings like Billy did, like telekinetic blasts or even deadly lasers, but we need to get rid of the mech first. It's him or us- and I personally prefer it to be him. Specfically because that means the spider gets some dinner and won't try to kill me for not feeding him. Actually, that gives me an idea. Oh, spiders, if you would like to help in some way, that would be great and then your aster can have a nice tasty treat because if I die, I can't feed him yummy food. Also, not sure if you all realize this, but might be a good idea to NOT kill each now, call a truce until metal man dies and then we can go back to trying to murder each other."

@Gummi Bunnies @York @Takumi @Sark @Crow @Yun Lee @Minerva
The guy who tried to kill Henry, huh...that was worth keeping an eye on. In the meantime, though, there was something just a wee bit more pressing at the moment. Another idiot who made a deal with Arcade for powers, AND a member of the Orange Team? Great. Just great. Eleven people here and of fucking COURSE that number was about to just fucking plummet. This was not good for her rage, but no problem. Jianyu was more than happy to give up some of her power again to her three teammates. "It goes without saying, but we need these two dead," she said with a sigh. "Maybe once they're out of here we can finally have peace."

@Sark @Lucky @Takumi

"One step ahead of ya!" Superboy cried in response to Henry's call to action. "One crisp order of 'deadly lasers' coming right up!!"

Calling upon the strength leant to him by Jianyu, indigo light began to spill from Conner's eyes. He inhaled, and prepared to fire.

[PING] [PING] [PING]

Eli's radar sprung to life. A large power source was surging forth on his 6. In an instant, the Metal Gear leapt and turned in the air. It staired down at the half Kryptonian with two cold, empty eyes.

"Nice try! You're pretty good... but not nearly good enough!"
View attachment 4158
A vibrant amber whip extended from Sahalanthropus' palm. Rusty sparks danced around its sharpened edge as Eli commanded his mechanical beast to swing its weapon around its head. With a flick of its wrist, whip began to harden and extend, transforming into a long, shimmering blade to deflect Conner's laser blast upwards and away from its exoskeleton.

"That... could have gone better." Conner sighed, the fire in his eyes slowly dying. "Alright... heat vision won't work... I'll draw its fire. You guys think of... something! One way or another, we're gonna cut this thing down to size!"

With a sonic boom, Conner soared forth towards the Metal Gear. He danced beneath its arm, and drew its sword away from Team Psycho and towards an uninhabited cliff face. The beast's blade shattered the stone as if it were glass, sending a cloud of brown smoke cascading down the hillside.

"Just... err, think of something soon!"

"You speak of truces as if have something to offer, heathens!" A voice called from the heavens. The Archangel sliced through the skies like a silver bullet. With a screech, his steel wings slowed his landing. He stared at Jianyu with two piercing yellow eyes. "Give me one reason as to why I shouldn't use that abomination's rampage as cover to quietly cut you all down, and I'll stay my blade. Tell me why you deserve my mercy murdering my Wayward Son!!"

@Team Psycho @Yun Lee @Lucky

"Ugh! I dunno, try not to die I guess?!" Come on! How do you kill a machine? She looked at Henry. "What can you do?"

And of course. Of COURSE the other asshole wanted in on the action. "Look, I gotta deal with this bitch, yeah? There's gotta be a weak point on that thing..." She'd help more, but there was unfortunately a pressing matter at hand.

"What, you mean your teammate?" Jianyu shot up into the air, eye level with the Archangel. "That piece of shit killed my sister, didn't regret it, and would've killed more of us if I didn't take him out when I did! God, do I really have to convince you to NOT try and kill people? Doesn't that go against the Commandments or some shit? Ugh. Now look. You can either take a few minutes out of your sermon to help us fight the guy in the machine who is working with Arcade and trying to kill everyone here...or I can just take you out right now if you don't wanna play nice."

@Sark @Lucky @Takumi

@Camp Angel Cabin
View attachment 4156
"Yeah... yeah I guess that makes sense..." Wally mattered to himself. He slowly made his way across the hut and unlatched the door. "I know playing Arcade's game isn't the smart choice. It's not rational but... I've just got so much to lose if things go wrong. There's so much at stake, I--."

His mind started to wander. He thought of home. Of Jai and Iris' beaming faces staring up at him. He could let them down. He couldn't let them grow up without him.

But he couldn't become the kind of father they would be ashamed to have. A coward. A murderer. He relaxed his muscles, letting the speed force crackle through him. It was time to grow up. It was time to act his age. Laura was right. It was time to take responsibility...

"If we're going to take down Arcade, we're going to need an army. We're going to need to gather as many survivors as we can and pull every dirty trick we know just to get a small shot at beating him. I mean, the odds... they really aren't on your side right now... but..." He exhaled slowly, focusing his racing thoughts… "But... I am. I'm tired of running from my problems. Whatever you're planning, you can count me in..."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky

@Camp Angel Ext.
"Warren happened. Or, I guess 'Archangel' happened." Wally muttered as he stepped from the doorway of the cabin, following the sounds of the nearby voices. "It was some 'ritual of cleansing' or something. I left here before he could explain his motives. We didn't exactly get along."

Kid Flash raised his hands above his head in surrender as he entered into the courtyard.

"Now, I've kept an eye on the scoreboards. I don't want any trouble from either of you. Angel's gone now, but he'll probably be back before we know it. If you guys want to take some of his supplies you're welcome to. I'll take my share, and then we can all go back to staying out of each other's way. Cool?"

@Lucky @Takumi @Jeremi

"No, Alice." Sahalanthropus' speakers called. "No you won't. You and I both know that this is our best chance of leaving here alive." Eli's railgun began to power up once again. It's angle decreased until it aligned with Team Psycho. "We can finish your hitlist in a heartbeat. It'll be like swatting flies with a weapon like this! We're at the top of the food chain! This is your chance to get exactly what you want!! So pick up your gun, solider, and get to work!!"

@Takumi

"One step ahead of ya!" Superboy cried in response to Henry's call to action. "One crisp order of 'deadly lasers' coming right up!!"

Calling upon the strength leant to him by Jianyu, indigo light began to spill from Conner's eyes. He inhaled, and prepared to fire.

[PING] [PING] [PING]

Eli's radar sprung to life. A large power source was surging forth on his 6. In an instant, the Metal Gear leapt and turned in the air. It staired down at the half Kryptonian with two cold, empty eyes.

"Nice try! You're pretty good... but not nearly good enough!"
View attachment 4158
A vibrant amber whip extended from Sahalanthropus' palm. Rusty sparks danced around its sharpened edge as Eli commanded his mechanical beast to swing its weapon around its head. With a flick of its wrist, whip began to harden and extend, transforming into a long, shimmering blade to deflect Conner's laser blast upwards and away from its exoskeleton.

"That... could have gone better." Conner sighed, the fire in his eyes slowly dying. "Alright... heat vision won't work... I'll draw its fire. You guys think of... something! One way or another, we're gonna cut this thing down to size!"

With a sonic boom, Conner soared forth towards the Metal Gear. He danced beneath its arm, and drew its sword away from Team Psycho and towards an uninhabited cliff face. The beast's blade shattered the stone as if it were glass, sending a cloud of brown smoke cascading down the hillside.

"Just... err, think of something soon!"

"You speak of truces as if have something to offer, heathens!" A voice called from the heavens. The Archangel sliced through the skies like a silver bullet. With a screech, his steel wings slowed his landing. He stared at Jianyu with two piercing yellow eyes. "Give me one reason as to why I shouldn't use that abomination's rampage as cover to quietly cut you all down, and I'll stay my blade. Tell me why you deserve my mercy murdering my Wayward Son!!"

@Team Psycho @Yun Lee @Lucky

"Good," Laura replied when he finally finished talking. "Arcade's not a God, and even if he was I've still taken down one of those too. The more rope he gives the more we have to finally hang him when we have the chance."

Spotting...Laura wanted to say Nezumi? She got a bit weary but she didn't find him to be particularly suspicious so only gave him a friendly nod as she stepped out of the cabin.

However when Billy walked in seemingly on fire for some reason she spoke to Wally again. "You know this place better then I do, gather up what you think we need and we'll head out of here." After having said that she turned towards Billy. "I only teleported him because it was clear he wasn't in his right mind. Arcade had gotten in his head...just another puppet. It's sad how the people here are letting him control them..."

She then turned towards Nezumi. "We're not going to stay here much longer. Like Wally said. Any place is better then here right now, and I don't want to play Arcade's game and give him another fresh body to deal with."

@Sark @Takumi @Lucky

Ringmaster ( Formerly Known as Billy Batson/ Shazam)

The Ringmaster took a moment to compose himself. Yes, he knew he was on fire, but he could do this. He just needed them out of here, just far enough away. He took a casual look and a deep breath. "It does to me, I don't think anyone deserves to die in such a manner, most of the people here look to be teenagers, not much younger or older than you and me. I want to know who did this."

Ringmaster looked over at him. " It's scary to see how far people have fallen to Arcade during this game, he seems to be able to get to even the most noble of souls. I think he is the one who might need a cleansing of the dark influence that Arcade gave him at the end of the day. So many broken people left."

He knew that the leader board would come back into play and he took a deep breath though.

" Both of those kills were accidents. It ate h- me up inside.I was actually trying to save them, but it turns out that I didn't calculate one terrible thing. I was a man with electricity channeling through him, entering the water and they weren't like me- they were human and I was a fool and shouldn't have done that. I do think it might be better to stick together."

Ringmaster took a moment to not curse. This was harder. " It seems that Arcade has turned a lot of people into his puppets, broken them and corrupted them to play his game, making deals and promises. I believe this is what he meant by The House Always Win back on day 1."

@Sark @Jeremi @Takumi

Henry Hart/Kid Danger

" Yeah, that is a given. Anyone who is using Arcade as a resource doesn't deserve to live and unlike Shazam, Eli seems to have all of his wits about him and is only out for himself as well. That being said, does it really matter why someone did something in the past? If you use as meat shields, you are no better than Arcade. Some of us here haven't killed anyone yet and has been the best to stay as good as we can be. As for me, I got advance dodging and fighting and I can try to see if the spiders will help out in finding a weak spot. Otherwise just got three lasers that can cut through most material, but I don't know about that armor if superpowers can't break it. That being said, there has to be a way to defeat him. Everything has a weakness." Henry would look down. " Hey spiders, if Ben wants dinner, sure would be helpful if you can a weak point in that suit, he can have Eli as a meal. Lot of meat on him. Perhaps if we can find either a weak spot or maybe make him hit himself, it might work. He is obliterating everything and I don't see why his own sword wouldn't cut through his armor." Henry looked for a weak spot, ready to move into cover as quickly as he needed too if he noticed him, doing this.

@Sark @Yun Lee

Last edited:
"Ugh! I dunno, try not to die I guess?!" Come on! How do you kill a machine? She looked at Henry. "What can you do?"

And of course. Of COURSE the other asshole wanted in on the action. "Look, I gotta deal with this bitch, yeah? There's gotta be a weak point on that thing..." She'd help more, but there was unfortunately a pressing matter at hand.

"What, you mean your teammate?" Jianyu shot up into the air, eye level with the Archangel. "That piece of shit killed my sister, didn't regret it, and would've killed more of us if I didn't take him out when I did! God, do I really have to convince you to NOT try and kill people? Doesn't that go against the Commandments or some shit? Ugh. Now look. You can either take a few minutes out of your sermon to help us fight the guy in the machine who is working with Arcade and trying to kill everyone here...or I can just take you out right now if you don't wanna play nice."

@Sark @Lucky @Takumi
@Team Psycho
View attachment 4161

Warren remained silent for a moment, his yellow eyes thinning into slits. With a flex, Angel raised his wings skywards and fanned out his feathers like a peacock's tail. "I'll come back for you..." The Archangel muttered in begrudging agreement. "When this is over, I'll be back for all of you..."

Angel screeched as he soared into the air, circling and distracting the Metal Gear beside Conner.

"Now this... isn't the Orange Team reunion I had in mind..."

As the roars of battle shattered the skies above him, Henry would hear a voice dancing in the back of his head.

"You have lead us to flesh, two legged one. We thank you for that. You have paid for your life 3 fold. But we will not help you here. Either you kill the Metal Man or you fall. No matter who dies here, we shall feast. Its easier for us to not risk our young here. You're on your own, child."

Observing Sahalanthropus' movement would reveal that the reason it's sword wasn't cutting through its own armour was because its palms were coated with the same material as its blade. This material - Metallic Achaea- seemed to spread onto and overcome any solid object it touched, converting it into more of itself.

Despite his speed, Conner was soon struck by Eli's blade. Its razored edge cut deep into his ankle as he narrowly avoided a more fatal strike. With a cry, he kicked off his boot, only to watch it turn to rust and tumble back down towards the earth as a shard of Metallic Archaea.

"I'm gonna level with you, Jain! Not dying up here? It's a little harder than it looks!"

@Team Psycho @Lucky @Yun Lee

Last edited:
Henry Hart/Kid Danger

Henry was really starting to suspect that whatever the voice dancing in the back of his head, he wasn't going to like it.

As a gen Z child, Henry's immediate thought wasn't fuck you, unhelpful spider. It was more along the line that he finally understood the thanks I hate it meme and he really hated that he got it now. He knew that the spider wasn't going to be very helpful, but there had to be a way to take down the monster.

Henry was so thankful that he had grown invested in combat styles when fighting with Captain man. It seemed that the material, whatever it was, had the ability to spread onto anything that it touched. It seemed to be the same property as the spider's web in that way, having the ability to make anything a part of itself. That being said, he wasn't sure that was as helpful as he though.

It was at the note that it could cut through any solid object that he wondered something. What happened if it tried to cut through a liquid or gas or for that matter, encountered water. It wasn't a boat, it was a giant mech. God, this was a terrible idea, like actually a bad one. He would look to see if he could touch it, chewing on his gum, changing into hero form. Thank god, his suit came with gloves, being careful to see if he could grab it, but being prepared to drop it and chew back, knowing his reactions were fast.

If this didn't work, then they were going to have to back into the storm. It was still strangely brewing, but for once, that might not be a bad thing.

@Sark @Yun Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back