Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew. Okay. So far, so good. This Cori chick didn't seem to notice her. That made Jianyu's job a little easier. From her place on the ceiling, she took a few precious moments to get a quick look at the setup below. If this was gonna work (whatever "this" would turn out to be), she needed to know what she had to work with.

@Sark @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies
@Underworld Pinball Hall
From her perch at the top if the hall, Jianyu could see the large half pipe that the pinballs were rolling down upon. The halfpipe was attacked to the ceiling by a series of metallic beams. It wrapped around the entirety of the hall. It stretched over the platform Cori was raised upon and looped back around to the entrance of the room and onto the floor. The halfpipe would give her easy access to the room she had left Mary in. Were she quiet, she could use the halfpipe to get behind Cori and into the elevator.

Beyond the halfpipe and the tunnels the balls were being blasted from, the set up of the ceiling was relatively scarce.

Bellow her, the pinball hall looked something like:
@Yun Lee @Takumi

@Undersworld Pinball Chamber
"Would you like to know," She teased. Her lips curled into a smile. "The Boss calls me Ms.Coriander. You can call me Cori, if you like. Not that you're really going to have much of a chance too-"

Another Silver ball charged past Alice and Eli. Liquid grabbed the back of Alice collar and pulled her from its path. He stumbled back from the heart of the room and did his best to crawl into the top of one of the red bumperd. He offered Alice a hand.

"-oh, and don't worry about introducing yourselves. I already know exactly who you are. What surname would you like me to put on your tombstone, Eli? 'Snake' or 'Zero'? And Alice? Would prefer 'Swayne' or 'Renfred'?"

"Go to Hell!" Liquid yelled.

"I was trying to be nice..." Cori muttered to herself. "The Boss was happy to just throw you in a ditch once he got bored of you. You should be thanking me...God..."

@Takumi @Yun Lee

@Underworld
As Vanits ventured further into the Underworld in search of the screaming girl, he would find himself in the Hall of Draws his fellow Champions had just abandoned.

Music roared in the next room over. He could hear shouting. Cursing.

But all of it was drowned out by a rhythmic banging. It came from one of the draws.

[BANG]
[BANG]
[BANG]

The Steel stood began to rattle and bend. Who slept behind the rattling door. They wanted out.

Muffled screing could be heard from behind another door.

Freeing the distressed insurance would be all too easy... Then again... There appeared to be an equal ammount of distress coming from the next room over...

@Gummi Bunnies

@Underworld Lab 1
As Henry gazed into the medic pod, he would see a familar face staring back at him. Well. Somewhat familiar.

Kara Jor-El lay comatose, submerged in a turquoise healing liquid. Burns littered her body from Max's stealth attack. Her skin was grey and dry. Her eyes were Caven and darken. Spiritually, she was dead... Yet her body lived on...

A small plaque sat on the front of the pod.

[KARA JOR-EL]
[SUPERGIRL]
[EXPERIMENT 4A SUCCESSFUL]
[BIZARRO TRANSFORMATION COMPLETE]
[DAY OF COMPLETION: DAY 4]
[DAY OF SHIPMENT: DAY 6]
[BUYER: L.LUTHOR, PRIME]

"I escaped... We escaped..." Ben pointed towards and tattered pod in the corner of the room. It's glass facade had been shattered. Splatters of blood painted it's Steel Shell. "It hurt... But we made it out. We were lucky. We survived the process. If this Half Life can be called living. We're always tired... Always weak... Always hungry..."

Two Dark eyes stared deep into Henry's Hart.

"We are hurting, friend. Was want to die. When this island dies, we will be at peace... But you? You don't have to die..."

The Spiders crawled up along Kara's pop and deactivated it's magnetic lock. Supergirl fell from her chamber and struck the floor with a thud. The pod's healing Waters soaked the floor.

"Step inside... It will heal you... It will take time... But you will live... You'll be safe... Forget Arcade... Just try to survive..."

@Lucky

61a411aeb5e484be844584a057a608413ab5a661.jpg

"Shut up, you bi-" Alice snapped in response to Cori's question about her surname, getting cut off when Eli pulled her out of the way of the silver ball. Taking his hand she allowed him to help her up onto the bumper.

tumblr_ppllkuj7Cc1tbqin0o3_100.jpg

"Thanks, Eli..." She grumbled. Her gaze landed back on Cori then, gaze cold and as sharp as her knife in an instant.

@Sark @Yun Lee

Ugh, fuck. Okay. She needed to time this just right if she were going to get them out of here. But at the same time, this lady was a HUGE liability and needed to be gotten rid of.

Okay, she decided to send Eli and Alice another message. The bitch is right next to an elevator. I can probably warp us all in there, but we may just wanna kill her first so Arcade has one less person on his side. Uhh...Call her a bitch if you want to be teleported, and call her an asshole if you want to try killing her first.

@Sark @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies

@Underworld Pinball Hall
View attachment 4271
"Sticks and stones..." Cori rolled her eyes and placed her left hand in her hip. With a snap of her fingers, a tablet-like device appeared in her right hand. She took a moment to read it's content, before smiling back at the trapped Champions. "Oh... I get it now... You guys are the black-ops team or something. The guys up top are just a diversion... Im sure the Boss will be thrilled when he finds out what you're all playing at. Maybe he'll stop toying with your friends and get around to the 'killing people's part of tonight's show..."

Slowly, her finger began to glide towards a red button at the base of her tablet.

"Let's give him a call, shall we?"

Eli's fingers began to Twitch. He was helpless. Fury filled his body. To hell with the stealthy approach.

"Asshole!!! You God Damn asshole!!" He screamed.

"Like I said before... Sticks and stones..."

@Takumi @Yun Lee

@Arcade's Clearing
"Such ingenuity!" Arcade cried as a blast of his own lighting came hurting towards him. He stretched out his hand to greet the electric blast. His eyes rolled as the light danced between his fingers. He focused up and smiled. He juggled the energy blast from one had to the next.

"You're trying to put out fire with gasoline here, kid. You're embarrassing yourself!"

He span around dropped kicked the energy ball. It scorched through the air and struck a charging Superboy in the chest.

"Garghhh!!"

The Kryptonian was sent hurtling across the Island, a trail of smoke and blood tumbling in his wake.

"Conner!!!!" Wally cried, leaping to his feet. In a flash of gold, the lighting of the speed-force began to swarm him. Time slowed as he began his assualt.

Arcade simply laughed.

"Look what you did, Billy-Buddy!" He called out to the wounded Batson. "Look what you made me do! And look what you're making me do!"

In a flash of blue, Arcade rocketed forth at a startling speed. As the Flash tried to speed past the madman, Arcade caught hold of his arm and gripping it tightly.

"No..." Wally muttered and he skidded to a sudden stop. "Impossible... How did you--"

[CRACK-OOM]

Calling upon the strength of his own thunder, Arcade tore Wally's arm clean off. The Speedster clutched his wound and fell to his knees. He let out an ungodly howl.

"Oh, grow up. Did you really think you were going to walk out of here without a scratch? Please." Arcade flipped the Speedster's severed arm around for a moment or two, before he turned to Hyakkimaru, and grinned. "Hey, kid! You still looking for those lost limbs? Then oh-Boy have I got a gift for you!!!"

Charging the Speedster's arm with dark thunder, he threw it towards Hyakkimaru with pinpoint accuracy. Wally's fist struck Hyakkimaru across the cheek.

"Three down..." He giggled. "How many more to go?"

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky

Jianyu grinned as Eli gave her the okay.

Showtime.

Just as Cori readied to press that button, Jianyu focused her Psycho Power on it, intent on making it explode before Cori could do any more damage. If that happened, she'd use the distraction to send her machete down to Eli and Alice. One of you grab that, and I'll bring you to the platform! The other one hang in there and I'll come down for you!

@Sark @Takumi

@Underworld Pinball Hall
View attachment 4271
"Sticks and stones..." Cori rolled her eyes and placed her left hand in her hip. With a snap of her fingers, a tablet-like device appeared in her right hand. She took a moment to read it's content, before smiling back at the trapped Champions. "Oh... I get it now... You guys are the black-ops team or something. The guys up top are just a diversion... Im sure the Boss will be thrilled when he finds out what you're all playing at. Maybe he'll stop toying with your friends and get around to the 'killing people's part of tonight's show..."

Slowly, her finger began to glide towards a red button at the base of her tablet.

"Let's give him a call, shall we?"

Eli's fingers began to Twitch. He was helpless. Fury filled his body. To hell with the stealthy approach.

"Asshole!!! You God Damn asshole!!" He screamed.

"Like I said before... Sticks and stones..."

@Takumi @Yun Lee

@Arcade's Clearing
"Such ingenuity!" Arcade cried as a blast of his own lighting came hurting towards him. He stretched out his hand to greet the electric blast. His eyes rolled as the light danced between his fingers. He focused up and smiled. He juggled the energy blast from one had to the next.

"You're trying to put out fire with gasoline here, kid. You're embarrassing yourself!"

He span around dropped kicked the energy ball. It scorched through the air and struck a charging Superboy in the chest.

"Garghhh!!"

The Kryptonian was sent hurtling across the Island, a trail of smoke and blood tumbling in his wake.

"Conner!!!!" Wally cried, leaping to his feet. In a flash of gold, the lighting of the speed-force began to swarm him. Time slowed as he began his assualt.

Arcade simply laughed.

"Look what you did, Billy-Buddy!" He called out to the wounded Batson. "Look what you made me do! And look what you're making me do!"

In a flash of blue, Arcade rocketed forth at a startling speed. As the Flash tried to speed past the madman, Arcade caught hold of his arm and gripping it tightly.

"No..." Wally muttered and he skidded to a sudden stop. "Impossible... How did you--"

[CRACK-OOM]

Calling upon the strength of his own thunder, Arcade tore Wally's arm clean off. The Speedster clutched his wound and fell to his knees. He let out an ungodly howl.

"Oh, grow up. Did you really think you were going to walk out of here without a scratch? Please." Arcade flipped the Speedster's severed arm around for a moment or two, before he turned to Hyakkimaru, and grinned. "Hey, kid! You still looking for those lost limbs? Then oh-Boy have I got a gift for you!!!"

Charging the Speedster's arm with dark thunder, he threw it towards Hyakkimaru with pinpoint accuracy. Wally's fist struck Hyakkimaru across the cheek.

"Three down..." He giggled. "How many more to go?"

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky

Jianyu grinned as Eli gave her the okay.

Showtime.

Just as Cori readied to press that button, Jianyu focused her Psycho Power on it, intent on making it explode before Cori could do any more damage. If that happened, she'd use the distraction to send her machete down to Eli and Alice. One of you grab that, and I'll bring you to the platform! The other one hang in there and I'll come down for you!

@Sark @Takumi

Fwoosh!

With some concentration, Alice would try to take control of the flames from the explosion to completely destroy any remains of the tablet as well as try to will the flames to jump out and burn Cori's hands.

Click

Alice had her gun in hand and at the ready then, gaze landed on Eli.

"You go." She said firmly for only him to hear before her gaze turned back to Cori.

Cocky bastard deserved it, in all honesty.

@Yun Lee @Sark

@Underworld Pinball Hall
[KA-BOOM]
The tablet exploded, dousing Cori in a sea glass and fire. Flicks of blue coolant sprayed across the pinball hall as she teetered forward and backward. With a creak, she fell forward, her metallic skull clanging against the steel boards beneath her feet. Slowly, the blue L.E.D.s behind her eyes began to flicker out. Her voice began to drone into silence...

"Oh you assholes..."

A clicking noise could be heard from behind the slides. In a snap, they turned back into stairs. The lights stopped flashing. The music abruptly stopped. The pinballs grinded to a halt. Eli grabbed Jianyu's machete and sprinted over to Miss Coriander. He kept his blade pointed at her head as her body slowly twitched and sparked.

"She's... some kind of machine..." He lowered his blade. "Shit. I was looking forward to getting a chance to use this thing..." He span around his knife and offered it back to Jianyu. "You want it back?"

Liquid slowly made his way towards the elevator and pressed the 'call' button. With a groan, its doors began to heave open. The elevator's walls were littered with numbers from 1 to 30. A small intercom blinked in the corner.

"Shit.. did Mary mention what floor we were supposed to head to?"

@Yun Lee @Takumi

@Underworld Pinball Hall
[KA-BOOM]
The tablet exploded, dousing Cori in a sea glass and fire. Flicks of blue coolant sprayed across the pinball hall as she teetered forward and backward. With a creak, she fell forward, her metallic skull clanging against the steel boards beneath her feet. Slowly, the blue L.E.D.s behind her eyes began to flicker out. Her voice began to drone into silence...

"Oh you assholes..."

A clicking noise could be heard from behind the slides. In a snap, they turned back into stairs. The lights stopped flashing. The music abruptly stopped. The pinballs grinded to a halt. Eli grabbed Jianyu's machete and sprinted over to Miss Coriander. He kept his blade pointed at her head as her body slowly twitched and sparked.

"She's... some kind of machine..." He lowered his blade. "Shit. I was looking forward to getting a chance to use this thing..." He span around his knife and offered it back to Jianyu. "You want it back?"

Liquid slowly made his way towards the elevator and pressed the 'call' button. With a groan, its doors began to heave open. The elevator's walls were littered with numbers from 1 to 30. A small intercom blinked in the corner.

"Shit.. did Mary mention what floor we were supposed to head to?"

@Yun Lee @Takumi

"I'm glad I didn't waste any bullets on the cocky shit then." Alice huffed as she approached the elevator.

"No I don't think so? I remember something about blast doors and a bunch of numbers, but..." She sighed, scratching her head. She had been a little too focused on Renfred's wellbeing to pay attention to everything Mary had said.

Maybe Renfred would know what to do? He was smart, he'll she'd bet Elias could figure it out. Or just use his magic to get him wherever he wanted. However the hell that worked, anyway.

"Why'd he'd need so many floors anyway?" She grumbled in irritation.

@Yun Lee @Sark

@Underworld Elevator
"Murderworld is a big place..." Eli muttered, leaning against the elevator wall. "Arcade probably needs large generators, wind generators, storage for the killer bees.. All of that must take up a lot of space..."

Once the tree champions were inside the elevator, the doors rolled shut behind them. Eli hammered the 'open door' button. Nothing happened.

"What the fuck... No... we need to go back..."

The elevator screeched to life. With a groan, the champions began to move upwards with startling speed. Eli stumbled back into the corner of the elevator, doing his best to brace himself.

The intercom roared to life.

[You assholes killed me? Dick move!]

The elevator doubled in speed.

[Dick. Move. All you had to die was die. But no. You had to blow up my fucking face. So now? I'm going to blow up yours!!]

[CLANG] [CLANG]

Something struck the roof of the elevator.

[CLANG] [CLANG] [CLANG]

They started hammering on the roof. It didn't take long for an arm to force its way through the steel. Then another. Then another.

Within seconds, 7 Miss Corianders had forced their torsos into the elevator. More Miss Corianders were landing by the second.

[CLANG] [CLANG] [CLANG] [CLANG]

Eli did his best to swipe and slash at the machines as they entered the lift but it didn't faze them. They didn't feel pain.

[Say goodbye to your faces, you little pricks!]

@Takumi @Yun Lee

"Jesus SHIT!!!" Jianyu screamed as the Coribots attacked, backing up against the wall. Nonononono, they were gonna die, they were all gonna die, fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckFUCK!

No. No, wait! Maybe if they could...well, it was better than getting her face ripped off! I can try to teleport us back to that girl! She told the other two telepathically. No idea if it'll work but it's worth a shot, yeah?!

@Sark @Takumi

@Underworld Elevator

As Jianyu reached out to teleport Eli and Alice, the first of many Corianders fell into the heart of the elevator. She struck the floor with a thud and a crack, as he mechanical knees shifted out of place. She clumsily stumbled to her feet, her tattered body restoring itself at a startling speed. She turned on the spot. Jianyu wasn't her target. Her eyes locked on to Alice. There she was.

With a scream, Cori lunged forward, tackling Alice through the tattered steel that lined the lift's back wall. The damaged plates fell apart with ease, and Alice and Cori were sent tumbling a room on floor 12.

"Alice!!" Eli cried, lunging towards the whole his 'sister' had been dragged through. But the elevator was travelling too damn fast. Floor 12 vanished in an instant, separating the Red Team. Eli punched the floor of the light and howled. "SHIT!!!"

Another Cori crawled through the hole in the left, her iron arms locking on to and grappling Jianyu. Eli jumped onto the back of the second Cori and wrapped his right arm around her throat. He tried to lever his weight and pull her from his ally, but he lacked the strength. Cori had pinned Jianyu to the elevator floor. She wrapped her fingers around the dolls throat.

[CLANG] [CLANG] [CLANG]

More Corianders were arriving by the second. The hole in the elevator was getting pried larger with each successful entrance. It was only a matter of time before the lift was teeming with Corianders. The pair had seconds to come up with a plan.

@Yun Lee @Takumi

@Floor 12
Alice and Cori were sent tumbling through a thin drywall barrier and into a familiar family home. Children's toys littered the floor. A small cot sat in the corner. Pictures littered the walls. Renfred. Alice. Chise. A woman she didn't recognise.

Stunned by her fall, Cori took a moment to gather her senses. Her metal bones snapped back into shape as she leant against a wooded dresser for support. A voice called from the stairs down the hall.

"What's happening up there?" Renfred called. "Is everything... Kids? I heard a bang?! Kids!?" Footsteps pounded up the stairs. His tone grew desperate. "Are you two alright???"

@Takumi

@Underworld Elevator
"Murderworld is a big place..." Eli muttered, leaning against the elevator wall. "Arcade probably needs large generators, wind generators, storage for the killer bees.. All of that must take up a lot of space..."

Once the tree champions were inside the elevator, the doors rolled shut behind them. Eli hammered the 'open door' button. Nothing happened.

"What the fuck... No... we need to go back..."

The elevator screeched to life. With a groan, the champions began to move upwards with startling speed. Eli stumbled back into the corner of the elevator, doing his best to brace himself.

The intercom roared to life.

[You assholes killed me? Dick move!]

The elevator doubled in speed.

[Dick. Move. All you had to die was die. But no. You had to blow up my fucking face. So now? I'm going to blow up yours!!]

[CLANG] [CLANG]

Something struck the roof of the elevator.

[CLANG] [CLANG] [CLANG]

They started hammering on the roof. It didn't take long for an arm to force its way through the steel. Then another. Then another.

Within seconds, 7 Miss Corianders had forced their torsos into the elevator. More Miss Corianders were landing by the second.

[CLANG] [CLANG] [CLANG] [CLANG]

Eli did his best to swipe and slash at the machines as they entered the lift but it didn't faze them. They didn't feel pain.

[Say goodbye to your faces, you little pricks!]

@Takumi @Yun Lee

"Jesus SHIT!!!" Jianyu screamed as the Coribots attacked, backing up against the wall. Nonononono, they were gonna die, they were all gonna die, fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckFUCK!

No. No, wait! Maybe if they could...well, it was better than getting her face ripped off! I can try to teleport us back to that girl! She told the other two telepathically. No idea if it'll work but it's worth a shot, yeah?!

@Sark @Takumi

@Underworld Elevator

As Jianyu reached out to teleport Eli and Alice, the first of many Corianders fell into the heart of the elevator. She struck the floor with a thud and a crack, as he mechanical knees shifted out of place. She clumsily stumbled to her feet, her tattered body restoring itself at a startling speed. She turned on the spot. Jianyu wasn't her target. Her eyes locked on to Alice. There she was.

With a scream, Cori lunged forward, tackling Alice through the tattered steel that lined the lift's back wall. The damaged plates fell apart with ease, and Alice and Cori were sent tumbling a room on floor 12.

"Alice!!" Eli cried, lunging towards the whole his 'sister' had been dragged through. But the elevator was travelling too damn fast. Floor 12 vanished in an instant, separating the Red Team. Eli punched the floor of the light and howled. "SHIT!!!"

Another Cori crawled through the hole in the left, her iron arms locking on to and grappling Jianyu. Eli jumped onto the back of the second Cori and wrapped his right arm around her throat. He tried to lever his weight and pull her from his ally, but he lacked the strength. Cori had pinned Jianyu to the elevator floor. She wrapped her fingers around the dolls throat.

[CLANG] [CLANG] [CLANG]

More Corianders were arriving by the second. The hole in the elevator was getting pried larger with each successful entrance. It was only a matter of time before the lift was teeming with Corianders. The pair had seconds to come up with a plan.

@Yun Lee @Takumi

@Floor 12
Alice and Cori were sent tumbling through a thin drywall barrier and into a familiar family home. Children's toys littered the floor. A small cot sat in the corner. Pictures littered the walls. Renfred. Alice. Chise. A woman she didn't recognise.

Stunned by her fall, Cori took a moment to gather her senses. Her metal bones snapped back into shape as she leant against a wooded dresser for support. A voice called from the stairs down the hall.

"What's happening up there?" Renfred called. "Is everything... Kids? I heard a bang?! Kids!?" Footsteps pounded up the stairs. His tone grew desperate. "Are you two alright???"

@Takumi

f26abe74fc51d01ed72e3167b69f1a08a55bc441.jpg

'Do it holy fuck- ' Alice thought to Jianyu in alarm before she was suddenly tackled, her eyes went wide as she was pushed out of the elevator completely, her eyes flickering to Eli and Jianyu for the last second and she quickly sent one last thought to Jianyu.

'Keep each other safe!' she wasn't sure if Eli heard it too, but as long as they were okay in the end...

@Yun Lee

* * *​

Alice gasped and coughed as the two went through a wall and hit the floor hard. Her head hitting the floor with a quiet resounding crack! Dazed a minute, she fumbled for her knife then froze as she was clamoring to her feet. Blinking hard.

Wait this place-

Hearing the footsteps her eyes went wide and she started to panic because what the hell did Arcade do what is even going on what should she do-

Her eyes landed back on Cori and she stood between her and the entrance to the room.

She didn't know what to do about this situation and the thought that made the most sense to her in that moment made her stomach twist and drop to her feet.

tumblr_ppsuzjBaWS1sfafj7_100.jpg

"R-Renfred?" She called, voice cracking at the end as her head hurt and she was almost too hesitant to call for him. What if this Renfred was stuck in an elaborate illusion? What if Arcade got a different Renfred? One who actually had a wife and had an Alice of his own that was actually sisters with Chise and they were all happy and safe before all this Murderworld bullshit and she was just potentially fucking that up? What if he freaked out and attacked her the moment he saw her?

She didn't know and her head was starting to throb something fierce at this point, but she had to deal with this crazy bitch first and get back to Jianyu and Eli.

She could worry about what ifs after everyone she cared about was safe and Arcade was dealt with.

@Sark

@Floor 12

As she heard Renfred sprint up the stairs, Cori threw herself against the bedroom wall. She put her finger to her lips and let out a hush. She grinned. The door came flying open, and Cori concealed herself behind it.
View attachment 4275
"That voice..." Renfed muttered to himself as he appeared in the doorway. "It's so... familiar... you almost sound like..."

His eyes widened, his brow grew tense.

"Who... who are you? What do you want? Do you want money?" The young man slowly stepped forward, his hands stretched out as if he were trying to tame a wild horse. "Please... I'm not a rich man. I can get by. I provide for my children. But I don't have spare cash just lying around the house... so please..." Sparks of light began to crackle around his fingers. "Please leave me and my children in peace... I don't want either of us to get hurt..."

As Renfred stepped away from the door, Cori revealed herself. Her hand opened up to reveal the blade of a compact buzz saw. She hushed Alice again as her blade slowly hummed to life, ready to strike her mentor at a moment's notice.

@Takumi

@Floor 12

As she heard Renfred sprint up the stairs, Cori threw herself against the bedroom wall. She put her finger to her lips and let out a hush. She grinned. The door came flying open, and Cori concealed herself behind it.
View attachment 4275
"That voice..." Renfed muttered to himself as he appeared in the doorway. "It's so... familiar... you almost sound like..."

His eyes widened, his brow grew tense.

"Who... who are you? What do you want? Do you want money?" The young man slowly stepped forward, his hands stretched out as if he were trying to tame a wild horse. "Please... I'm not a rich man. I can get by. I provide for my children. But I don't have spare cash just lying around the house... so please..." Sparks of light began to crackle around his fingers. "Please leave me and my children in peace... I don't want either of us to get hurt..."

As Renfred stepped away from the door, Cori revealed herself. Her hand opened up to reveal the blade of a compact buzz saw. She hushed Alice again as her blade slowly hummed to life, ready to strike her mentor at a moment's notice.

@Takumi

Alice blinked at his reaction, feeling as if he had slapped her in the face and called her a worthless piece of shit at the bottom of his shoe. He didn't recognize her and that hurt her deep.

a81185c562746853c16a227064fc820d74911cb7.jpg

"N-no that's not what I-" she started weakly, only for her eyes to land on Cori as she made to sneak up on Renfred. Alice reacted on instinct, charging forward to grab Renfred by his collar and pull him forward passed her, knife still put away her free palm shot out to grab onto Cori's arm and in a single thought she tried to will flames to spark and set the bitch alight until she was nothing more than a puddle of melted metal.

@Sark

@Floor 12
Under the heat of Alice's flames, Cori was sent stumbling backwards into the bedroom door, he flesh aglow. She didn't shriek, howl or cry as the fire turned her synthetic skin into syrup. She simply continue to march forward as a white-hot steel skeleton.

Despite her immunity to pain, Cori was far from being immune to damage. Slowly but surely, he joints began to stiffed and lock. After a few steps, the machine was left frozen, her locomotive systems fried. With a creak, she slowly tipped over, striking the carpet with a crunch.

"Let go of me you---argh!" Renfred cried out as he fell to the floor, his should striking his daughter's dresser as he fell. By the time he came to his sense, Renfred could only gaze helpless at the flaming all before him. In her attempts to kill Cori, Alice had started a house fire.

"Alice! Chise!" Renfred cried through the flaming door. "Get out the house! Run you your grandmother's! Just get out!!"

He ran his fingers though his Dark hair, as sweat pooled upon his brow.

"Look what you've done..." He cried out to Alice. "Was it worth it? Was it all worth it? My children are in danger! My home is in flames! And why!!!??" Thunder began to crackle around his fingers. "Why.... If not for money...are you here!!!?? Why??!!"

Over the hiss of burning wood, Renfred couldn't hear the sound of half a dozen more Corianders crawling down the elevator shaft and through the hole Alice had made in the wall...

@Takumi

@Floor 12
Under the heat of Alice's flames, Cori was sent stumbling backwards into the bedroom door, he flesh aglow. She didn't shriek, howl or cry as the fire turned her synthetic skin into syrup. She simply continue to march forward as a white-hot steel skeleton.

Despite her immunity to pain, Cori was far from being immune to damage. Slowly but surely, he joints began to stiffed and lock. After a few steps, the machine was left frozen, her locomotive systems fried. With a creak, she slowly tipped over, striking the carpet with a crunch.

"Let go of me you---argh!" Renfred cried out as he fell to the floor, his should striking his daughter's dresser as he fell. By the time he came to his sense, Renfred could only gaze helpless at the flaming all before him. In her attempts to kill Cori, Alice had started a house fire.

"Alice! Chise!" Renfred cried through the flaming door. "Get out the house! Run you your grandmother's! Just get out!!"

He ran his fingers though his Dark hair, as sweat pooled upon his brow.

"Look what you've done..." He cried out to Alice. "Was it worth it? Was it all worth it? My children are in danger! My home is in flames! And why!!!??" Thunder began to crackle around his fingers. "Why.... If not for money...are you here!!!?? Why??!!"

Over the hiss of burning wood, Renfred couldn't hear the sound of half a dozen more Corianders crawling down the elevator shaft and through the hole Alice had made in the wall...

@Takumi

Alice's face twisted into a grimace as she took a breath and quickly and tried to take control of the flames and snuff them out completely before anymore damage could be done. As Renfred yelled at her, she grit her teeth.

Then she snapped, turning her head to stare at him. Something bitter and angry and tired curling tight around the hurt she felt before. Jaw clenched for a moment she scowled and looked like the pissed off, dirt covered teenager she was.

"Y'know I was just trying to help you just now!! I didn't mean for the fire to get out of control like that and you yelling at me isn't helping! I need to concentrate and I can't do that on the dime!" She snapped at him.

"I didn't even mean to end up here but we gotta find a way out, now." She spoke, running a hand through her ruffled hair as she turned to the hole in the wall. She could hear them coming, so that way wasn't an option unless they wanted to get swarned. Willing the remaining flames to snuff out after taking a second to calm down, she'd tried to open the door or kick it open if successful.

Then she narrowed her eyes at Renfred. Something suddenly seemed off, and she wasn't sure if it was the right time to bring it up, but she'd worry about it afterwards.

"Look, don't trust me if you want but I have a bratty little brother to find and I just...I just can't with this-" she threw her hands up. She just couldn't anymore, she was done with mind games and feeling like shit and fucking up all the damn time. The sooner she left the better, because Cori was a problem she'd rather face alone than drag...some other Renfred into. Or any Renfred, unless this one wasn't real and--

Fuck she forgot her point, whatever. Her head was hurting too much for this shit.

"I doubt you'd believe me if I even tried to explain the shit show that led to this, anyway." She grumbled under her breath, still bitter and hurt because she didn't know if this was really Renfred, even if it wasn't her Renfred, and that he couldn't recognize her if he was real and not a trick to make her look like a complete idiot.

"I'm sorry about your house, by the way. You... probably don't want to hear that, but uh, I didn't intend for this to happen, really." She muttered with a wince. She probably looked and sounded crazy as hell but her life became crazier the moment Arcade's game started, but she was sincere in her apology. Right now she needed to deal with Cori then find Jianyu and Eli.

@Sark

Last edited:
"Grk-!" Jianyu's eyes widened, terror and panic starting to set in now that she was losing control. Alice was gone, things were going wrong...what were they gonna do? Eli! she thought desperately. I need you touching me! We're gonna get out! Plesse please please please let this work let it work please...

@Sark @Takumi

@Floor 12
"That's... A lot to take in..." Renfred, taken back by the quelled flames, stumbled back towards the dresser for support. "I... Take it you're not a theif. You don't strike me as a demon either..." He stopped for a moment, letting himself finally think. "Suppose I do trust you. Suppose I trust the pyropath who Smashed a hole in my daughter's bedroom wall and set my hall ablaze. Suppose I don't have a choice. What's your plan?"

Renfred cautiously followed Alice through the broken doorway and out into the hall. After a few steps, he directed her to turn right, and head down a set of old wooden stairs.

"You said you'd lost your brother? There's a police station not far from here? Im sure they'd be better help than me..."

As Alice turned off at the end of the stairway, she would find herself in an all too familiar room. A leather couch. A television. More Toys on the floor. The smell of burnt cooking drifting in from the next room.

She had been here before. The Room was identical to the spot at where she had struck her deal with Arcade.

"So. I won't ask you what's going on. But I will ask you where the hell we're supposed to be going..."

@Takumi
@Underworld Elevator
Without missing a beat, Eli released Cori from his grip and rolled back onto the floor. He lunged forth and grabbed onto Jianyu's ankle.

"What are you waiting for?! Go!!!"

@Yun Lee

Using the last of her strength, Jianyu threw this Cori off her, leaving her and Eli free to warp away. In her frenzy, Jianyu didn't think of an exact place to go. All she could think of was, AWAY.

@Sark

@Away
As Jianyu transported herself and Eli 'away', she felt some external force guiding her. She couldn't resist it's will, no matter how hard she tried. No matter where she teleported to, a moment later she would be sucked back into a blue small Wormhole and pulled back into the Underworld.

She went to the Drylands, then back to the Underworld. Then to the Great Ranges, then back to the Underworld. Then to the jungle, then back to the Underworld.

[You can't run from me] Cori taunted. [I don't just control MurderWorld. I am MurderWorld!]

In another flash of blue, Jianyu and Eli found themselves face down on the steel floors of a large server room. There were mechanical boxes and computer parts as far as they eye could see. It was a maze of machines.

[I could have teleported you into a wall] Cori sung. [Or to the bottom of the sea. Or into the Boss' artificial Sun. I could has torn you apart atom by atom. Instead I have brought you here. To me. To the C-O-R-I. Find me here. The whole me. You'll find your answers there...]

A thin later of fog began to stretch out across the server room.

"Do we split up?" Eli muttered, keeping his machete close. "Or do we stick togeth-- what the hell was that?"

From the heart of the fog, Jianyu could hear an all too familar laugh.

"Ho-ha-ha-ha... What deliciously drama... Dra-ho-ha-ha-ha!"

Bison.

@Yun Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back