Status
Not open for further replies.
God fucking damn it! Ugh, so her powers were limited here. Jeez, if only she was just a little stronger...but whatever. They still needed to get the fuck out of here. But if Cori was giving them a chance then...

No.

Jianyu's eyes widened, body clenching up as she heard that voice. As she heard his voice. No...no! He was dead, he was fucking GONE! How? How could that be him??? How? How?

Her mouth open, her body trembling, it was so hard to keep control. Only minutes ago she'd bragged about how easily she could take him down. But that was just talk. It wasn't the real thing. Yes, she was stronger now, so much stronger than him, but...she hadn't been, back then. And everything he'd done, everything he made her do...she still had scars and nightmares and God knows what else, what more agony he caused her even now. He was a stain, a curse, a lingering reminder of what she and all her sisters and so mamy others were forced to face.

And he was here.

"Eli..." Her voice was barely a whisper. "Find Cori. I...it's Bison. I-I have to stop him." She swallowed a lump in her throat, trying desperately to find her voice against him. "S-Stop with the theatrics, you...you son of a bitch! Get out here, a-and let me kick your ass!"

@Sark

@Floor 12
"That's... A lot to take in..." Renfred, taken back by the quelled flames, stumbled back towards the dresser for support. "I... Take it you're not a theif. You don't strike me as a demon either..." He stopped for a moment, letting himself finally think. "Suppose I do trust you. Suppose I trust the pyropath who Smashed a hole in my daughter's bedroom wall and set my hall ablaze. Suppose I don't have a choice. What's your plan?"

Renfred cautiously followed Alice through the broken doorway and out into the hall. After a few steps, he directed her to turn right, and head down a set of old wooden stairs.

"You said you'd lost your brother? There's a police station not far from here? Im sure they'd be better help than me..."

As Alice turned off at the end of the stairway, she would find herself in an all too familiar room. A leather couch. A television. More Toys on the floor. The smell of burnt cooking drifting in from the next room.

She had been here before. The Room was identical to the spot at where she had struck her deal with Arcade.

"So. I won't ask you what's going on. But I will ask you where the hell we're supposed to be going..."

@Takumi
@Underworld Elevator
Without missing a beat, Eli released Cori from his grip and rolled back onto the floor. He lunged forth and grabbed onto Jianyu's ankle.

"What are you waiting for?! Go!!!"

@Yun Lee

Alice's face flushed in embarrassment as he called her a pyropath and decided not to look at his face then. When he asked her about a plan she grew a bit sheepish.

0a4c24bd3bbd4b4bf0333073f7c646cc4ca78633.jpg

"You saw that robot woman I fought, right? My plan at the time was mostly to protect you and get her off my back when I heard you rushing to the room, but she's persistent as hell on killing me and she's the reason I'm sperated from my brother. My plan right now is...well, I don't know? I'm kinda working it out as I go?" She ran her hand down her face.

ef36f02be4321f9658118bdd153a117de218580c.jpg

"Uh, could you walk me to the station?" She asked then, glancing at him. She didn't know how to conduct herself against this Renfred. He was different and yet the same to her own and she didn't know how to handle it, on top of the fact he didn't recognize her either.
Oh thank the gods he didn't ask exactly what was going on. Alice probably would have fumbled over trying to explain everything. If any more Cori's came through that hole in the wall she didn't want to stick around any longer than necessary--speaking of, she tried to listen to see if she could hear anymore of them in the house...or room...or wherever she was.

@Sark

Last edited:
@Server Room
"How the hell am I supposed to--" Eli waived his arms in confusing as Jianyu disappeared into the fog. He sighed, picked up his machete, and slowly followed the server cubes' wires towards the heart of the room.

"And so, the wayward doll returns, moxie in her veins..."

The further Jianyu ventured into the fog, the harder it became to place the location of Demon's voice. It was in front of her. Behind her. Miles away.

Right by her ear. Above her head.

"Did you really think that metal cell could hold me?" He erupted into another fit of laughter. "The Great Lord Bison cannot be bound by the chains of man!"

A purple star erupted overhead. The visage of Bison appeared from the haze.
View attachment 4278
"Poor, deluded girl... I will be your slave no longer!!"

Bison surged forward as a flaming purple bullet his fists stretched out before him.

"PSYCHO CRUSHER!!!"

@Yun Lee

Jianyu cried out and attempted to roll out of the way of the attack. "You fucking moron! I'm not at fault here! You wanna know who locked you up, it was Arcade! I was captured too!" She jumped up, bringing her arm down in a diagonal slash, trying to use Psycho Power to extend and lash him with it. "And don't call me a fucking doll! I'm no one's doll!" She started to gain a bit more confidence now, with the fact that she could finally fight back boosting her confidence.

@Sark

Henry Hart/Kid Danger

Henry looked over at the medic pod and he wasn't sure who it was. He didn't quite remember this girl, but assumed it was a champion.

He had to wondered what the turquoise healing liquid was doing for her. It seemed that the burns littered her body and that her skin was ashen. She looked dead, but her body was still alive, there was something terrifying about that.

He looked at the pod and briefly read it.

There were a lot of things that he didn't understand, specifically what a Bizzaro transformation was, but he didn't know what any of her last name meant or who L. Luthor was at all. It was all very confusing.

Henry looked back at him and noticed the tattered pod in the corner of the room. It seemed that Ben had fought his way out of the tube and he had to wonder how much it hurt, but he felt asking questions would only anger Ben. He felt terrible that they couldn't have done more to save Ben, couldn't make him full or even better. A victim of Murder World.

Henry hurt as he stared back at Ben's dead eyes.

" I can tell that you are hurting. I think it's good to know that you are looking out for me, thanks Ben," he told him with a smile.

He looked over and had to wonder if the transformation was going to take hold, if he would have to fight her. He took a look and wondered how dangerous this was. Somehow, it wasn't the dumbest thing to do.

"Step inside... It will heal you... It will take time... But you will live... You'll be safe... Forget Arcade. Just try to survive.

"I'll try to forget Arcade and just focus on surviving. I don't think I have much of a choice, because I might die otherwise," he replied, stepping into the pod.

@Sark

Billy Batson/ Shazam

I learned how to fight from the best that there was. It also helps that I have some of the Wisdom of Solomon. I may not be the best at using it. That doesn’t mean I don’t have it.” Billy knew that Arcade was being slightly sarcastic, but he also wasn’t about to let him get the last word on edge wise. He took a glance at the fact that Arcade was juggling the ball in his hand so effortlessly and he bit his tongue.

He ignored Arcade’s second comment, focusing instead on the fact that he knew what not to do next time. He wasn’t going to make the same mistake twice.

He span around dropped kicked the energy ball. It scorched through the air and struck a charging Superboy in the chest.

Billy took a moment to consider his next set of words carefully. He knew that Arcade was going to spin this on him on a second. That was just the type of predictable showman that he was.

Billy however had a way of making this work in his favor though. There was one thing Arcade liked and that was a good show.

It was time to use something he knew.

"Look what you did, Billy-Buddy!" He called out to the wounded Batson. "Look what you made me do! And look what you're making me do!"

I didn’t make you do anything, Arcade. Honestly, you are doing this on your own and I have to say it’s quite boring. I mean, you want us to fight to the death, but here you are hurting us yourself. I mean, I don’t think the viewers wanted to see you kill us. They want to see us kill each other. I mean, come on, where’s your showmanship? You already proved you can easily manipulate Laura and I, but here you are hurting yourself and your ratings by doing all the work. I am sure people have already changed the channel. Why not make us fight to the death? I mean, honestly, for a man with an endgame, you sure are bad at making the most of your cast. You’re out of touch, Gramps.”

@Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi

@Laboratory 1
As Henry stepped into the pod and the healing fluids began to pool around his feet, he felt a strange soothing sensation was over him. It was growing... progressively... harder... to... stay.... awwaakkkeee….

By the time he came to, a screeching, beeping noise had filled the laboratory. Even with the healing fluids covering his ears, he hammering of his ear drums still filled his body with an overwhelming pain. With a creak, the doors of the pod began to open. The chamber's AI began to speak.

[Henry Hart. Kid Danger. I have healed your injuries. Saved your life. The way I see it, that puts you in my debt.]

Suddenly, the beeping stopped and the pod powered-down.

[My name is C.O.R.I., and I am MurderWorld. I have a very particular task for you, and you are going to complete it for me. Do you understand?]

The lights of the laboratory began to flicker to life. As Henry came to terms with his surroundings and took stock of the passing of time, he would notice that Kara's body was nowhere to be seen.

[You are going leave this room and take a left turn. You will find a collection of compact stasis champers there. You're going to access the central terminal. You are going to follow my instructions and start the termination process. You are going to do all I have commanded, and you will do it quickly.]

@Lucky

@Floor 12
"Of course I can walk you down there--" Renfred muttered, unhooking his coat from a peg near the door. "It's just down the road from here. It--"

Renfred heard a fist knocking upon the door. Cautiously, he opened it, ushering Alice behind the door.

"Officer?"

A police officer waved her badge towards Renfred and Alice.

"Good after noon, folks. We received a noise complaint from this address, and we know that's not like you Mr.Renfred. I thought I'd pop by and make sure that everything was... is this smoke?"

"Oh, yeh. We had an accident in the kitchen. I sent the kids down to my mother's. It's all under control, I assure you."

"Are you sure I don't need to call the martial?"

"Oh, no, like I said. It's all under control. But... whilst your here, I'd like to report a--"

"--Oh so you've seen her too?"

"Who-what-sorry?"

"There have been sightings of a girl in town. Tall. Blonde. Blood on her clothes."

Renfred thinned his eyes. The cop was looking more familiar by the second.

"Word has it, she's a killer. Horrible business. Where about did you say you saw her?"

"I didn't."

"Are you... quite certain, Mr.Renfred?" Officer Cori Anderson smiled. "Withholding critical information from an officer of the law is--"

"I know the law... Officer A--" He stopped himself. "I can't shake the feeling that we've met before..."

"Oh we have, Mr.Renfred. We've ran into each other around the village hundreds of times!"

"Yes... quite right... you just... remind me off--"

[BOOM]

A sonic blast scorched Renfred's head from his shoulders. He stumbled back into the stairway, his limps as limp as a ragdoll's.

"What a waste..." Cori sighed, her hand canon still smoking. Her eyes fell to Jianyu. "Do you know how hard it is to build an entire ornamented village just to dream up new ways to torment you? I mean, sure, this experiment was great at helping us get Renfred's quirks down for our show in the deadlands... and at getting your to sign your soul away... but man... it was so much effort!"

"But still... it begs the question... What are that chances?" Cori smiled, slowly walking over to Alice.. "I mean, we have hundreds of torture-research-projects going on down here... and you just happened to stumble across your own? What are the chances? If I didn't know any better, I'd say you had someone looking out for you... Not that it matters now..."

The scratching from upstairs continued. The Coris were getting closer by the minute. Soon, Alice would be trapped between a rock and a hard place.

@Takumi

@Server Room
Jianyu's counter strike was enough to send Bison skidding across the steel tiles. The gap between their powers had closed dramatically, but Bison wasn't down for long. He flipped his legs of his head and screeched across the floorboards. He turned the momentum of his stagger into a counter attack. He leaped into the air and channel the Psycho Power through his heels. He prepared to strike Jianyu with his heels, and follow up with a Knee Press Nightmare.

"A likely story!" Bison roared. "But your lies won't save you now! You can twist the truth however you like! I can sense the darkness within you! I can taste it!" His strike connected, sending Jianyu tumbling backwards across the server room. "No matter what you call yourself, you will always be a Doll. My doll! If Arcade has played a role in my capture, I'll kill him too... but in the mean time? You can be my appetiser... My entertainment!"

@Yun Lee

@Arcade's Clearing

"You hold up now!" Arcade cried, shooting a finger in Billy's direction. "My viewers tune in to see violence and depravity 24/7. If they cared where said violence was coming from... well, then they wouldn't have turned on a show about kids killing each other anyway." Another electric blast leaped from his finger. The blast was enough to turn to trees around Billy to ash. He'd missed Shazam on purpose. He was proving a point. "Besides, junior, I gave you every chance to start killing people. You had the best part of a week, you little shit. But you lacked the balls, and I have a quota to fill. The real disappointment come from me leaving you to die in tonight's nuclear firework show. This way, my viewers see some spectacular deaths, you get to suffer, and I make my backers very, very happy. Still. If you'd like to go back to killing people for me, you can be my guest. I doubt Hyakkimaru could take on you and Laura. Or you could overwhelm Laura with Hyakkimaru. Or maybe you could put this dear sweet speedster out of his misery? Or you can die painfully and entertainingly at my hand? It's all up to you, bud. All up to you..."

@Lucky @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies

"Guh!" Jianyu felt the wind get knocked out of her as she flew across the room. She groaned, wobbling unsteadily to her feet. "You..." She clenched her fist, Psycho Power manifesting itself around it as she fixed Bison with a steely glare. "I'm not...yours." She stepped forward. "Not yours, not Arcade's, not anyone's. I'm MINE!" She warped to close the distance between them, sending an uppercut right for Bison's jaw. "And no one's gonna take me away again!!"

@Sark

@Laboratory 1
As Henry stepped into the pod and the healing fluids began to pool around his feet, he felt a strange soothing sensation was over him. It was growing... progressively... harder... to... stay.... awwaakkkeee….

By the time he came to, a screeching, beeping noise had filled the laboratory. Even with the healing fluids covering his ears, he hammering of his ear drums still filled his body with an overwhelming pain. With a creak, the doors of the pod began to open. The chamber's AI began to speak.

[Henry Hart. Kid Danger. I have healed your injuries. Saved your life. The way I see it, that puts you in my debt.]

Suddenly, the beeping stopped and the pod powered-down.

[My name is C.O.R.I., and I am MurderWorld. I have a very particular task for you, and you are going to complete it for me. Do you understand?]

The lights of the laboratory began to flicker to life. As Henry came to terms with his surroundings and took stock of the passing of time, he would notice that Kara's body was nowhere to be seen.

[You are going leave this room and take a left turn. You will find a collection of compact stasis champers there. You're going to access the central terminal. You are going to follow my instructions and start the termination process. You are going to do all I have commanded, and you will do it quickly.]

@Lucky

@Floor 12
"Of course I can walk you down there--" Renfred muttered, unhooking his coat from a peg near the door. "It's just down the road from here. It--"

Renfred heard a fist knocking upon the door. Cautiously, he opened it, ushering Alice behind the door.

"Officer?"

A police officer waved her badge towards Renfred and Alice.

"Good after noon, folks. We received a noise complaint from this address, and we know that's not like you Mr.Renfred. I thought I'd pop by and make sure that everything was... is this smoke?"

"Oh, yeh. We had an accident in the kitchen. I sent the kids down to my mother's. It's all under control, I assure you."

"Are you sure I don't need to call the martial?"

"Oh, no, like I said. It's all under control. But... whilst your here, I'd like to report a--"

"--Oh so you've seen her too?"

"Who-what-sorry?"

"There have been sightings of a girl in town. Tall. Blonde. Blood on her clothes."

Renfred thinned his eyes. The cop was looking more familiar by the second.

"Word has it, she's a killer. Horrible business. Where about did you say you saw her?"

"I didn't."

"Are you... quite certain, Mr.Renfred?" Officer Cori Anderson smiled. "Withholding critical information from an officer of the law is--"

"I know the law... Officer A--" He stopped himself. "I can't shake the feeling that we've met before..."

"Oh we have, Mr.Renfred. We've ran into each other around the village hundreds of times!"

"Yes... quite right... you just... remind me off--"

[BOOM]

A sonic blast scorched Renfred's head from his shoulders. He stumbled back into the stairway, his limps as limp as a ragdoll's.

"What a waste..." Cori sighed, her hand canon still smoking. Her eyes fell to Jianyu. "Do you know how hard it is to build an entire ornamented village just to dream up new ways to torment you? I mean, sure, this experiment was great at helping us get Renfred's quirks down for our show in the deadlands... and at getting your to sign your soul away... but man... it was so much effort!"

"But still... it begs the question... What are that chances?" Cori smiled, slowly walking over to Alice.. "I mean, we have hundreds of torture-research-projects going on down here... and you just happened to stumble across your own? What are the chances? If I didn't know any better, I'd say you had someone looking out for you... Not that it matters now..."

The scratching from upstairs continued. The Coris were getting closer by the minute. Soon, Alice would be trapped between a rock and a hard place.

@Takumi

@Server Room
Jianyu's counter strike was enough to send Bison skidding across the steel tiles. The gap between their powers had closed dramatically, but Bison wasn't down for long. He flipped his legs of his head and screeched across the floorboards. He turned the momentum of his stagger into a counter attack. He leaped into the air and channel the Psycho Power through his heels. He prepared to strike Jianyu with his heels, and follow up with a Knee Press Nightmare.

"A likely story!" Bison roared. "But your lies won't save you now! You can twist the truth however you like! I can sense the darkness within you! I can taste it!" His strike connected, sending Jianyu tumbling backwards across the server room. "No matter what you call yourself, you will always be a Doll. My doll! If Arcade has played a role in my capture, I'll kill him too... but in the mean time? You can be my appetiser... My entertainment!"

@Yun Lee

@Arcade's Clearing

"You hold up now!" Arcade cried, shooting a finger in Billy's direction. "My viewers tune in to see violence and depravity 24/7. If they cared where said violence was coming from... well, then they wouldn't have turned on a show about kids killing each other anyway." Another electric blast leaped from his finger. The blast was enough to turn to trees around Billy to ash. He'd missed Shazam on purpose. He was proving a point. "Besides, junior, I gave you every chance to start killing people. You had the best part of a week, you little shit. But you lacked the balls, and I have a quota to fill. The real disappointment come from me leaving you to die in tonight's nuclear firework show. This way, my viewers see some spectacular deaths, you get to suffer, and I make my backers very, very happy. Still. If you'd like to go back to killing people for me, you can be my guest. I doubt Hyakkimaru could take on you and Laura. Or you could overwhelm Laura with Hyakkimaru. Or maybe you could put this dear sweet speedster out of his misery? Or you can die painfully and entertainingly at my hand? It's all up to you, bud. All up to you..."

@Lucky @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies

9700feefe179f844b1da7a32dca03f07993c734c.jpg

"..." Alice stared at Renfred's limp form for a moment, Cori's words sinking in like a hot knife that was being twisted into her chest.

It was like the night he lost his arm all over again, like the day he nearly lost his eye. Every damn time, he was trying to protect her and got hurt.

"Wrong move, bitch." She spoke, staring at Cori with an unamused and downright enraged look. She saw red, her pupils becoming pinpoints in her anger.

6888490ac70faad8b5a9ac4607078d8ffc58e98d.jpg

"Since it's too much effort how about you stop playing cop and let me give you another makeover? Trust me, the last two times had you look much better than you do now!" She continued, heat coming off her in aggressive waves as she kicked Cori in the chest in the attempt to push her back.

Then in a single thought, she attempted to get Cori's wiring and circuits in her head destroyed by burning her metallic skull from the inside out. If successful, she'd grab Renfred's limp form and try to drag him out of the house. She'd then attempt to set Renfred's body a safe distance from the house and would try to will enough heat and flame on the dead Cori to make it explode into pieces with a thought.

"I'm just about done playing your little game, aren't you? I mean, I don't mind finding ways to blow you to pieces but it's getting old fast, you piece of shit."

Arcade had wanted to unleash a monster in Alice, but Cori did it herself by putting a target on her mechanical head trying to enact revenge on the blonde. Even if it wasn't her Renfred, or a real Renfred, it was still her mentor in the end.

@Sark

Last edited:
@Server Room
View attachment 4286
"Gyahhh!!!"

Bison cried out in pain as greatest weapon- his psycho power- was turned against him. Under the force of her mighty blow, his steel jaw shattered. Her power continued to surge upwards across his face, burning away his synthetic skin. He gritted what remained of his teeth and snarled.
"That..." He spat, whipping coolant from his chin. "That was... impressive... I'd take my hat off to you, if I could find it... It was impressive, but not nearly enough..."
View attachment 4287
"Step away from him..." The Killer Bee hissed, pressing her hand to Jianyu's throat. She had moved across the room as a shadow. Invisible. "Don't do something you'll regret..."

"Killer Bee... you're late..."

"Forgive me, Lord Bison. I had a harder time freeing the others that I'd like to admit. The facility is well guarded, and..." Her eyes fell to her left arm. A stump. "It's been harder to fight since that bastard took my hand..."

"Fret not. Our mutual friend has placed a name to our pain: Arcade."

"Arcade..." Cammy repeated. "And this Doll. She's working with him?"

"I'm inclined to think not..." Bison clicked his jaw back into place. "But she's a liability none the less. Deal with her. You won't be able to kill her, but I trust forfeiting your life will wound her conscience enough to slow her down. I trust the others are in position?"

"Yes, my Lord. They're ready and waiting..."

"Excellent." Bison grinned.
View attachment 4288
"I'll leave you two to get acquainted…"

@Yun Lee

@Floor 12
Whilst Alice did her best to pull her mentor's body from the wreckage, the remaining Coris had finally arrived at floor 12. She could hear them scrape and smash against each other, each unit desperate to reach Alice before the next. Some poured in from down the stairs. Others hammered their way through the floorboards, landing in the living from and crawling forth like wounded animals. More and more kept coming. The Cori horde was growing by the minute.

Alice barely made it out of Renfred's house before the horde could catch her.

[FWOOSH!!!]

The house burst into flames upon Alice's command. Within minutes, the building gas pipes combusted. The gas leaking from Renfred's added fuel to the flames.

[BOOM]

The house became a blazing beacon, visible from across the neighbour. For a moment, the roar of the flames was all Alice could hear. For a moment, the only light in the village was coming from Renfred's pyre.

[THUD-CRACK] [THUD-CRACK] [THUD-CRACK]

Footsteps from the flames. A figure loomed in the top window Renfred's house. A Cori, her steel bones void of all flesh. Another appeared. Then another. Some of the Coris were breaking through the flames.

Across the street, doors began to open. Renfreds neighbours were taking to the streets to watch the bonfire... and transforming into more Coris. Cars stopped in the streets. Their drivers stepped out. Coris. More Coris. More Coris. More Coris. They were closing in. Getting closer. Closer. Closer.

[FWOOOSHH!!!!]

The flames leapt from Renfred's home like a dancing dragon. The flaming beast began to circle Renfred's garden, forming a flaming tornado around Renfred's body. Alice's eyes fell to the sky. A familiar face loomed above her, commanding the flames.

View attachment 4289

"Friend of my Friend. Grieve. Weep. Fight!!"

The Cori's continued to throw themselves at the flaming hurricane. Some were tossed aside by the telekinetic storm. Others were melted. Some continued to march in spite of it all.

"You do not trust me. I understand. I am not to be trusted. But I will keep you safe, so long as you stand! This is the fight for our lives, Alice Swayne! This is the fight for our lives! So fight! Kill! Kill them just right!!"

@Takumi

And just like that, it all shattered. Seeing the metal underneath, the imitation, the nothingness of her greatest fear, Jianyu wanted to laugh. It wasn't real. None of it was real! She'd been right all along! That gauntlet from that first night...the threats of holding loved ones hostage...it was all a fucking joke. All a fucking act to get them to turn on each other. And so many of them had fallen for it. Oh, this was fucking rich. Jianyu smiled, brazenly unafraid of her situation.

Good news, Eli. They're fucking machines. Could she reach him in this fog? Who knew. You want your army, you've got it.

"Get your hand off me, sis," Jianyu said, concentrating on the same technique she's used on Mary earlier. "Don't let him call you Killer Bee. You're Cammy, remember? You turned against Bison, and you fought to free us. And you did!" Please work, holy FUCK please work... "Come on, Cammy...don't you remember?"

@Sark

@Server Room
View attachment 4286
"Gyahhh!!!"

Bison cried out in pain as greatest weapon- his psycho power- was turned against him. Under the force of her mighty blow, his steel jaw shattered. Her power continued to surge upwards across his face, burning away his synthetic skin. He gritted what remained of his teeth and snarled.
"That..." He spat, whipping coolant from his chin. "That was... impressive... I'd take my hat off to you, if I could find it... It was impressive, but not nearly enough..."
View attachment 4287
"Step away from him..." The Killer Bee hissed, pressing her hand to Jianyu's throat. She had moved across the room as a shadow. Invisible. "Don't do something you'll regret..."

"Killer Bee... you're late..."

"Forgive me, Lord Bison. I had a harder time freeing the others that I'd like to admit. The facility is well guarded, and..." Her eyes fell to her left arm. A stump. "It's been harder to fight since that bastard took my hand..."

"Fret not. Our mutual friend has placed a name to our pain: Arcade."

"Arcade..." Cammy repeated. "And this Doll. She's working with him?"

"I'm inclined to think not..." Bison clicked his jaw back into place. "But she's a liability none the less. Deal with her. You won't be able to kill her, but I trust forfeiting your life will wound her conscience enough to slow her down. I trust the others are in position?"

"Yes, my Lord. They're ready and waiting..."

"Excellent." Bison grinned.
View attachment 4288
"I'll leave you two to get acquainted…"

@Yun Lee

@Floor 12
Whilst Alice did her best to pull her mentor's body from the wreckage, the remaining Coris had finally arrived at floor 12. She could hear them scrape and smash against each other, each unit desperate to reach Alice before the next. Some poured in from down the stairs. Others hammered their way through the floorboards, landing in the living from and crawling forth like wounded animals. More and more kept coming. The Cori horde was growing by the minute.

Alice barely made it out of Renfred's house before the horde could catch her.

[FWOOSH!!!]

The house burst into flames upon Alice's command. Within minutes, the building gas pipes combusted. The gas leaking from Renfred's added fuel to the flames.

[BOOM]

The house became a blazing beacon, visible from across the neighbour. For a moment, the roar of the flames was all Alice could hear. For a moment, the only light in the village was coming from Renfred's pyre.

[THUD-CRACK] [THUD-CRACK] [THUD-CRACK]

Footsteps from the flames. A figure loomed in the top window Renfred's house. A Cori, her steel bones void of all flesh. Another appeared. Then another. Some of the Coris were breaking through the flames.

Across the street, doors began to open. Renfreds neighbours were taking to the streets to watch the bonfire... and transforming into more Coris. Cars stopped in the streets. Their drivers stepped out. Coris. More Coris. More Coris. More Coris. They were closing in. Getting closer. Closer. Closer.

[FWOOOSHH!!!!]

The flames leapt from Renfred's home like a dancing dragon. The flaming beast began to circle Renfred's garden, forming a flaming tornado around Renfred's body. Alice's eyes fell to the sky. A familiar face loomed above her, commanding the flames.

View attachment 4289

"Friend of my Friend. Grieve. Weep. Fight!!"

The Cori's continued to throw themselves at the flaming hurricane. Some were tossed aside by the telekinetic storm. Others were melted. Some continued to march in spite of it all.

"You do not trust me. I understand. I am not to be trusted. But I will keep you safe, so long as you stand! This is the fight for our lives, Alice Swayne! This is the fight for our lives! So fight! Kill! Kill them just right!!"

@Takumi

"Mantis?" Alice blinked. She stood tensed, staring at him with narrowed eyes. He was right, she didn't trust him. She also didn't really get why he was helping her either.

"I thought you died or something, why exactly are you here?" She questioned, attempting to set any remaining Coris alight until they blew up like the officer Cori moments before.

Despite the anger she felt, she had enough clarity in the moment to know that something seemed to be up.

@Sark

Final Day: Continue...? 10... 9... 8... 7...
@Takumi / Alice Swayne

"I am here, that's what matters. The why and how... They don't matter..."

Mantis called over the roaring flames. No matter how many Coris they killed, more and more seemed the join the horde. Hundreds of burning mechanic skeletons crawled over each other, each one despite to break through the ring of fire and strike out at the two Champions. The melted Steel had began to pool at the foot of Renfred's garden.

Mantis shared his strength with Alice, multiplying her strength ten fold. But even as their flames continued to rise, a feeling of hopelessness washed over the pair. There were too many Coris. Far too many. At some point or another, the pair would grow tired. Their guards would slip. And Cori would be there. Ready and waiting...

Eli/Liquid Snake
@Takumi @Yun Lee

Eli laid behind a sever box, holding his machete close his chest. He could hear them closing in. The machines. Armed to the teeth and with bullets to spare.

"Sniff out the boy..." Snake growled, his iron finger directing a platoon of Diamond Dog mercenaries into the heart of the server room. "Bring him in."

Liquid could hear their boots beating against the steel floor boards. They'd find him sooner or later. They had already drawn fist blood. It wouldn't be long until they caught sight of the bloody trail. The sever box he was hiding behind would see be his tombstone.

{Alice... I'm pinned here} Using Jianyu as an intermediary, he sent a message to his Alice. {I don't know if I'll be making it home. I just wanted to say... that I'm sorry. For everything. I'll see you on the other side, I suppose.. sister...}

@Yun Lee / Jianyu
As Jianyu did her best to reason with Cammy, be she heard footsteps closing in on all sides. Light footsteps. The untrained ear might not have picked up on them at all. As she turned around to greet them, she found a bow staff mere inches from her face. She heard the whirling of nunchucks. The cracking of knuckles.

Juni. Juli. Decapre. Aprille. Mars. Jianyu. Xianyu. Each duplicated a dozen times.

The Doll militia raised their weapons and thinned their eyes.

Cammy lowered her arm.

"This assignment was mine and mine alone. You were supposed to head to the meeting place. You were supposed to--"

Decapre struck out at Cammy with a quick jab. The Killer Bee caught her first and dislocated it. She did her best to push the doll away. Without flinching, she clicked her shoulder back into place.

"What are they doing...? Why aren't they listening to me...?" Killer Bee muttered, her aggression fading under Jianyu's influence. "You..." Her eyes fell to Jianyu. "We're out numbered. The way I see it, my job is to kill you... I think I... I can't do that if you're already dead..."

The militia began to close in on the pair. They were empty eyed. Unafraid. Emotionless. Their faces flickered between their own, and... Cori"s.

"I don't know if either of us are going to walk away from this... but if we do... we'll need to talk, Jianyu… We'll need to talk..."

Cammy smiled in denial and raised her good hand. With a rebel yell, she jumped into the heart of the militia, her legs twisting into a spiral arrow kick...

@Arcade's Clearing
As Arcade continued to taunt Billy, two blue bullets soared across the skyline. Jaime Reyes entered the fray, his reach canons ablaze. Plasma balls struck the earth, sending dirt and wood chippings flying in all directions. The blasts were enough pierce the first of Arcade's man shield. Jaime's rush succeeded in blowing Arcade's hair a little, but little else.

Arcade slowly turned to face the Blue Beetle, laughing like a maniac.

"Jaime, Jaime, Jaime! Such aggression!"

Arcade snapped his fingers. A wave of light washed over Jaime. The Beetle tried to scream, but his cries were cut short by an ear shattering [BOOM]. His suit imploded, crushing his body in an instant. His metallic, blue tomb fell from the skies and struck the clearing with a crack.

Jaime Reyes/ Blue Beetle: /STATUS: DECEASED! IMPLODED BY ARCADE

The second blue bullet circled Arcade, whipping the sands of the clearing into a hurricane. Arcade squinted, placing his hand over his eyes to break the storm.

"Is this the best you've got? Throwing sand in my eyes? Come on! Show me something worthy of the highlight reel!!"

[BOOM] [BOOM] [BOOM]

Conner Kent emerged from the hurricane for a heart beat to strike Arcade in his lower back. He barely flinched. He turned to face the Kryptonian. He vanished into the cloud. He struck him again. Then vanished. Then again. Then he vanished. Then--

[CRACK]

Arcade took Superboy's throat in his hand, stopping him mid strike.

"Let--go--you---bastard---"

"I'm sorry, Superboy… but the line ends here...Game Over..."

"Never--be---Game--Over!!"

Arcade tightened his grip around Conner's throat and raised him above his head. Conner did his best to cry out.

Wally stumbled to his feet, cradling his wound. His superspeed was helping with his feeling, but the strain of walking was still immense. He stumbled forth, his head light and his body heavy. He slowly removed his hand from his shoulder stump and clenched his fist. The adrenaline was barely enough to keep him on his feet. With lighting in his palm, he planted another blow on Arcade's ribs. Then another, then another. He panted. He could barely think. Barely breathe. He pounded Arcade's side again. And again. And again.

"Let... go... of him!"

His strength failed him. He fell to his knees, a bloody mess.

"Aww... look at him... all tuckered out..."

"Billy!" Wally wailed. "Max! Laura!" He hammered Arcade's leg from his spot on the floor. He wanted to vomit. "We've... got to hold out a little long... just a little longer... we can... we've got to... gotta… do something..."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies

It was working! Hahaha, yes! And then with Cammy on her side, she could...

Alice...

...what?

Jianyu felt everything start to fall apart. The message Eli sent out reached her. It was so sweet, so sincere, so...hopeless. And if that wasn't enough, she felt a knot in her gut at that last word. Sister...had Eli and Alice really gotten that close here? He'd made a deal with Arcade...was it to keep her safe? Something she'd tried to avoid thinking about bubbled up, forcing its way out, and Jianyu was forced to face the truth. She had given into Arcade. She took his deal to go kill Barnes. She wasn't better than anybody else here. She could laugh off insults, criticisms, and bite back, but in truth she'd just been deflecting. She couldn't even let Juli and Cammy out, back then.

So maybe she deserved this. Maybe she deserved to be outnumbered, and powerless, and doomed in the face of her sisters. Of her sister. Of herself. I can't kill you if you're already dead. Jianyu gulped. Was she dead? Had this island killed her, in the end? She watched Cammy launch into the Dolls, unsure of what to do. Could she even win this if she tried to fight? Did she deserve to win anymore? She didn't know. Everything had been fucking shaken up. But she did know something was here. She always needed someone to cling to. Xiayu, Tretij, Conner...who could she cling to now? Cammy was a machine, something she could create herself. But there was someone here. The only thing she could reach out to. The only thing left.

"...Cori?"

@Sark

@Takumi / Alice Swayne

Mantis called over the roaring flames. No matter how many Coris they killed, more and more seemed the join the horde. Hundreds of burning mechanic skeletons crawled over each other, each one despite to break through the ring of fire and strike out at the two Champions. The melted Steel had began to pool at the foot of Renfred's garden.

Mantis shared his strength with Alice, multiplying her strength ten fold. But even as their flames continued to rise, a feeling of hopelessness washed over the pair. There were too many Coris. Far too many. At some point or another, the pair would grow tired. Their guards would slip. And Cori would be there. Ready and waiting...

Eli/Liquid Snake
@Takumi @Yun Lee

Eli laid behind a sever box, holding his machete close his chest. He could hear them closing in. The machines. Armed to the teeth and with bullets to spare.

"Sniff out the boy..." Snake growled, his iron finger directing a platoon of Diamond Dog mercenaries into the heart of the server room. "Bring him in."

Liquid could hear their boots beating against the steel floor boards. They'd find him sooner or later. They had already drawn fist blood. It wouldn't be long until they caught sight of the bloody trail. The sever box he was hiding behind would see be his tombstone.

{Alice... I'm pinned here} Using Jianyu as an intermediary, he sent a message to his Alice. {I don't know if I'll be making it home. I just wanted to say... that I'm sorry. For everything. I'll see you on the other side, I suppose.. sister...}

@Yun Lee / Jianyu
As Jianyu did her best to reason with Cammy, be she heard footsteps closing in on all sides. Light footsteps. The untrained ear might not have picked up on them at all. As she turned around to greet them, she found a bow staff mere inches from her face. She heard the whirling of nunchucks. The cracking of knuckles.

Juni. Juli. Decapre. Aprille. Mars. Jianyu. Xianyu. Each duplicated a dozen times.

Cammy lowered her arm.

"This assignment was mine and mine alone. You were supposed to head to the meeting place. You were supposed to--"

Decapre struck out at Cammy with a quick jab. The Killer Bee caught her first and dislocated it. She did her best to push the doll away. Without flinching, she clicked her shoulder back into place.

"What are they doing...? Why aren't they listening to me...?" Killer Bee muttered, her aggression fading under Jianyu's influence. "You..." Her eyes fell to Jianyu. "We're out numbered. The way I see it, my job is to kill you... I think I... I can't do that if you're already dead..."

The militia began to close in on the pair. They were empty eyed. Unafraid. Emotionless. Their faces flickered between their own, and... Cori"s.

"I don't know if either of us are going to walk away from this... but if we do... we'll need to talk, Jianyu… We'll need to talk..."

Cammy smiled in denial and raised her good hand. With a rebel yell, she jumped into the heart of the militia, her legs twisting into a spiral arrow kick...

@Arcade's Clearing
As Arcade continued to taunt Billy, two blue bullets soared across the skyline. Jaime Reyes entered the fray, his reach canons ablaze. Plasma balls struck the earth, sending dirt and wood chippings flying in all directions. The blasts were enough pierce the first of Arcade's man shield. Jaime's rush succeeded in blowing Arcade's hair a little, but little else.

Arcade snapped his fingers. A wave of light washed over Jaime. The Beetle tried to scream, but his cries were cut short by an ear shattering [BOOM]. His suit imploded, crushing his body in an instant. His metallic, blue tomb fell from the skies and struck the clearing with a crack.

The second blue bullet circled Arcade, whipping the sands of the clearing into a hurricane. Arcade squinted, placing his hand over his eyes to break the storm.

"Is this the best you've got? Throwing sand in my eyes? Come on! Show me something worthy of the highlight reel!!"

[BOOM] [BOOM] [BOOM]

Conner Kent emerged from the hurricane for a heart beat to strike Arcade in his lower back. He barely flinched. He turned to face the Kryptonian. He vanished into the cloud. He struck him again. Then vanished. Then again. Then he vanished. Then--

[CRACK]

Arcade tightened his grip around Conner's throat and raised him above his head. Conner did his best to cry out.

Wally stumbled to his feet, cradling his wound. His superspeed was helping with his feeling, but the strain of walking was still immense. He stumbled forth, his head light and his body heavy. He slowly removed his hand from his shoulder stump and clenched his fist. The adrenaline was barely enough to keep him on his feet. With lighting in his palm, he planted another blow on Arcade's ribs. Then another, then another. He panted. He could barely think. Barely breathe. He pounded Arcade's side again. And again. And again.

"Let... go... of him!"

"Billy!" Wally wailed. "Max! Laura!" He hammered Arcade's leg from his spot on the floor. He wanted to vomit. "We've... got to hold out a little long... just a little longer... we can... we've got to... gotta… do something..."

This wasn't how it was supposed to go. Weapon Hex had tried to keep the crazed swordsman at bay for the others to finish the job but she couldn't let it go on. Disengaging from the fight Laura now turned her full attention towards Arcade.

LR0leej.png

"You're finished, Arcade." Her claws enveloped in bright blue magic energy as she aloud spoke an incantation. She hadn't had the opportunity to use her restored magic against their captor.

She hoped it would work.

jEM2Fvp.png

Leaping towards him Laura attempted to strike her claws at Arcade in an attempt to actually hurt him.​

@Server Room
[You called?]
[You called?]
[You called?]
[You called?]

[You called?]
[You called?]
[You called?]
[You called?]
[You called?]
[You called?]
[You called?]
[You called?]

C.O.R.I. repeated through the mouths of the Doll Militia. One of the Jianyu units stepped forwards as the leader of the fighting force. Whilst her sisters continued to fight Cammy, she cleared a space around the real Jianyu, giving them room to talk.

"You called?" The other Jianyu smiled, speaking with Cori's voice. "What's up, 'sister'?"

@Yun Lee

@Arcade's Clearing
Sparks flew from Arcade's shield as Laura's claws scraped his back. He laughed. She had earned his attention.

"I felt the heat from that one... Now this is more like it... A fighter..."

Crimson veins crawled across the Madman's face, glowing with a dark power. His aura exploded. Black fire swarmed him.

"Let's see what tricks you have left up your sleeve, magician..." He grinned, dropping Conner in the dirt and kicking Wally aside. "Play your Ace. Show me what you've got!"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi

@Takumi / Alice Swayne

Eli/Liquid Snake
@Takumi @Yun Lee

@Yun Lee / Jianyu

Cammy lowered her arm.

@Arcade's Clearing

[BOOM] [BOOM] [BOOM]

[CRACK]

"Let... go... of him!"

Eli? Eli! Hang in there a little longer, I'm on my way now! Just hang on... Alice thought, hoping to get the message across to the younger blonde through Jianyu. She was almost in a panic at the thought of Eli-- no. No, she needed to keep a clear head and concentrate. A wave of heat and flames erupted from her in an attempt to push back as many advancing Cori's as possible so that her and Mantis had room.

"Mantis! Do you know where Eli is? If you do I need your help getting to him right now." While she didn't trust him, he was helping her stay alive and if he could just appear here then he could help her get to Eli. Arcade and Cori didn't matter right now, keeping Eli safe and alive was her new objective.

@Sark

Eli? Eli! Hang in there a little longer, I'm on my way now! Just hang on... Alice thought, hoping to get the message across to the younger blonde through Jianyu. She was almost in a panic at the thought of Eli-- no. No, she needed to keep a clear head and concentrate. A wave of heat and flames erupted from her in an attempt to push back as many advancing Cori's as possible so that her and Mantis had room.

"Mantis! Do you know where Eli is? If you do I need your help getting to him right now." While she didn't trust him, he was helping her stay alive and if he could just appear here then he could help her get to Eli. Arcade and Cori didn't matter right now, keeping Eli safe and alive was her new objective.

@Sark
@Floor 12
Mantis froze for a moment as his soul searched the Underworld. There were so many souls buzzing about the place, each so loud, so distracting. Yet underneath them all, he could still feel Eli calling out to him. Commanding him. Controlling him just as he had done so many times before.

"I can... Sense him... He's alive for now he's..." His eyes rolled to the holographic sky that loomed above them. "Up... Floor 15... A server room..."

For a moment, Tretij vanished in a cloud of black smoke. He reappeared a heart-beat later. He vanished. Then reappeared. Then vanished.

"She's there. On that floor she's there... I can't go there.... I can't I just... Can't lose Control again..."

Mantis shivered, his neck cramping.

"Can't take you. No. Cant take you. Too close to her. To close to my... Old friend... I can't face her again... I can't look at her... No... Not after we did to little Tretij no... I can't... I CANT!!!"

Tretij clawed at his mask.

"I can't take you there... I can't come close to her again... To much guilt... Shame... Weakness... But you? You are strong..."

Mantis appeared behind Alice. He placed his hand on her shoulder and rolled his eyes. Alice felt a strange power wash over her.

"Take it. All I have left. All that am, I lend to you. You can have it all back... Save the boy... Save my friend... Burn the sky...BURN THE SKY!!!!"

[25 5 19!!!! 23 5 3 1 14 1 12 12 2 21 18 14 20 15 7 5 20 8 5 18!!!]

With a shrieking howl, Mantis passed on every scrap of strength he had left within him to Alice. All his hate. All his fear. All his guilt. All his Fury. All of his love and compassion and joy. He passed it onto her. He gave her the strength to burn the sky to a cinder.

"Don't go forgetting little Tretij... Don't go forgetting the Third Child..."

With a wimper, Mantis faded back into the Aether...

Tretij Rebenok/ Psycho Mantis: /STATUS: DECEASED!: FADED INTO THE AETHER

@Takumi

@Floor 12
Mantis froze for a moment as his soul searched the Underworld. There were so many souls buzzing about the place, each so loud, so distracting. Yet underneath them all, he could still feel Eli calling out to him. Commanding him. Controlling him just as he had done so many times before.

"I can... Sense him... He's alive for now he's..." His eyes rolled to the holographic sky that loomed above them. "Up... Floor 15... A server room..."

For a moment, Tretij vanished in a cloud of black smoke. He reappeared a heart-beat later. He vanished. Then reappeared. Then vanished.

"She's there. On that floor she's there... I can't go there.... I can't I just... Can't lose Control again..."

Mantis shivered, his neck cramping.

"Can't take you. No. Cant take you. Too close to her. To close to my... Old friend... I can't face her again... I can't look at her... No... Not after we did to little Tretij no... I can't... I CANT!!!"

Tretij clawed at his mask.

"I can't take you there... I can't come close to her again... To much guilt... Shame... Weakness... But you? You are strong..."

Mantis appeared behind Alice. He placed his hand on her shoulder and rolled his eyes. Alice felt a strange power wash over her.

"Take it. All I have left. All that am, I lend to you. You can have it all back... Save the boy... Save my friend... Burn the sky...BURN THE SKY!!!!"

[25 5 19!!!! 23 5 3 1 14 1 12 12 2 21 18 14 20 15 7 5 20 8 5 18!!!]

With a shrieking howl, Mantis passed on every scrap of strength he had left within him to Alice. All his hate. All his fear. All his guilt. All his Fury. All of his love and compassion and joy. He passed it onto her. He gave her the strength to burn the sky to a cinder.

"Don't go forgetting little Tretij... Don't go forgetting the Third Child..."

With a wimper, Mantis faded back into the Aether...

Tretij Rebenok/ Psycho Mantis: /STATUS: DECEASED!: FADED INTO THE AETHER

@Takumi

Alice wasn't sure what to do when Mantis started freaking out. She didn't know if she should try to calm him down and comfort him or not.

c9f430f33fdb40731d32e36c1577d35a17f4a9cc.jpg

"I--" she started, about to deny being strong, about to tell him that she wasn't because if she was she'd have been better at keeping those she cared about safe- but he placed his hand on her shoulder and then she felt different in almost an instant.

The temperature spiked gradually, wave after wave of heat rolling off of her without end, her hair moved as if in a strong breeze and she didn't really understand what happened, but at the same time a part of her did.

A myriad of feelings from Mantis--Tretij--hit her like a truck and she nodded to him. Coming to a silent understanding, as well as wordlessly thanking him for even attempting to help her when asked.

With him gone and a destination in mind she would channel as much magical energy and power as she could and with a thought she'd have flames surrounding her until all that was left was a Phoenix.

6RH9WqH.jpg

{I'm on my way to you now, just hold on a little longer.}

She hoped her message got through to them, but she didn't plan on waiting any longer.

She was in control, she didn't burn, and letting the flames protect her she'd shoot up and up and up and attempt to make her own way to floor 15 where Jianyu and Eli were. She moved as fast as she could, doing her best to stay concentrated.

All that was left in her wake was the sound of the roar of flames and mere embers as she made her exit.

@Sark @Yun Lee

This was fucking weird. To face herself felt weird as fuck. Smiling, chipper, and not even looking like the island had done anything to her. Jianyu wetted her lips with the tip of her tongue before speaking again. "You...you said you had answers for me here. I want them. I want to see...the whole you, like you said."

@Sark

@Server Room
[You called?]
[You called?]
[You called?]
[You called?]

[You called?]
[You called?]
[You called?]
[You called?]
[You called?]
[You called?]
[You called?]
[You called?]

C.O.R.I. repeated through the mouths of the Doll Militia. One of the Jianyu units stepped forwards as the leader of the fighting force. Whilst her sisters continued to fight Cammy, she cleared a space around the real Jianyu, giving them room to talk.

"You called?" The other Jianyu smiled, speaking with Cori's voice. "What's up, 'sister'?"

@Yun Lee

@Arcade's Clearing
Sparks flew from Arcade's shield as Laura's claws scraped his back. He laughed. She had earned his attention.

"I felt the heat from that one... Now this is more like it... A fighter..."

Crimson veins crawled across the Madman's face, glowing with a dark power. His aura exploded. Black fire swarmed him.

"Let's see what tricks you have left up your sleeve, magician..." He grinned, dropping Conner in the dirt and kicking Wally aside. "Play your Ace. Show me what you've got!"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi

"No tricks." Laura put her claws together causing sparks as she did so. "The way I see it all I got to do to win is to stand here and let you throw the first punch. I just had to get your attention. Come on. You're supposed to be God. Get your hands dirty, throw a punch. Unless you don't have it in you?"

@Sark @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back